NATION

PASSWORD

Nationstates World's Fair (Sign-up & OOC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
The High Tatras
Senator

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Nationstates World's Fair (Sign-up & OOC)

Postby The High Tatras » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:21 pm

I am fairly certain that this has been done before but I want to host a World's Fair in my country. Essentially, the countries that sign up will be making exhibits that showcase their countries most advanced technology and national culture. To sign up, just give the name of your country and leader and describe the exhibit you plan to show. Your leader is expected to attend the World's Fair and to open your country's exhibit to the public.

The World's Fair will be held in the "High Tatras National Palace of Science and Industry", a massive convention center complex in the Bauhaus architectural style built specifically for this event. The current year in the High Tatras is 1939, but we are in a dieselpunk alternate history with lots of weird tech. You can open an exhibit in the fair regardless of your tech level or current year. Each nation is allowed one main exhibit and up to three smaller exhibits.

The High Tatras main exhibit will be entitled "A Typical Factory In The High Tatras" and will depict an aircraft assembly plant. The exhibit is designed to showcase our most advanced industrial technology as well as our progressive social and economic policies (such as worker's self-management, employment benefits, and profit-sharing schemes).

I'm still trying to come up with my small exhibits.
Last edited by The High Tatras on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Grand Millian
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Millian » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:08 pm

I am just getting back into the swing of things here so sorry for the lack of much on my nation page right now but here is my entry. Also I should mention I am a modern tech nation but I just look for interesting RP so I really don't care what everyone else is.
Name: The United Empire of the Grand Millian
Leader: Emperor Miller
Main Exibit: "Grand Imperail Culture"
Small Exibit: "Grand Imperial Military and Armes"
Small Exibit: "Grand Imperial Computers and Commucations"
Last edited by The Grand Millian on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United Empire of The Grand Millian

Wiki Imperium Sine Fine

The High Tatras
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The High Tatras » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:46 pm

Small Exhibit 1- This exhibit is part one of an exhibition entitled “The Culture of The High Tatras”. However, unlike previous exhibitions in which we have emphasized “high culture”, this exhibition will be divided into two parts emphasizing “folk culture” and “popular culture”. This section will include numerous handicrafts and folk art from each of The High Tatras’ ethnic groups. There will also be a stage in which traditional music and dances will be performed.

Small Exhibit 2- This is part two of “The Culture of The High Tatras” and will focus on High Tatran popular culture. An independent committee of literary scholars have searched through thousands of trashy novels, pulp magazines, comic books, radio dramas, and movie serials and found a handful of hidden gems worthy of being representatives of our popular culture at its best. These works of fiction will be displayed in this exhibition for the entire world to see.

Small Exhibit 3- "Berghoff's Rathskeller" will be a restaurant that serves traditional High Tatran cuisine to World's Fair attendees.
Last edited by The High Tatras on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The High Tatras
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The High Tatras » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:41 pm

I forgot to say who our leader is, Kanzler Helmut von Wolfenstein. Sorry about that.
Last edited by The High Tatras on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Valkalan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Valkalan » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:28 am

At the behest of Emperor Xizor and the Elect Elite, the Empire of Valkalan is interested in showcasing the finest in Valk technology and culture.

There shall be three Valk exhibits:

1. The Future, Now.
This shall be the Empire's flagship exhibit. It will display the latest Valk technological breakthroughs such as holographic communicators, EM levitation, autonomous robotics, and a life size model of the INV Imperium, the Empire's first practical interstellar craft.

2. Simply Exquisite
The greatest in Valk architecture, from Clockwork Industrial to Imperial Deco, all housed in a miniature replica of the Zarathustra Tower, the finest skyscraper in the Empire.

3. Absolute Bliss
Simply the greatest in Valk music, featuring the Masterful Orchestra of Thule.
वज्रमात अस्ता रिजथम

The Directorate of Valkalan is a federation of autonomous city-states which operate a joint military and share uniform commercial and civil law and a common foreign policy, and which is characterized by wealth, intrigue, and advanced technology.

The High Tatras
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The High Tatras » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:36 am

Valkalan wrote:At the behest of Emperor Xizor and the Elect Elite, the Empire of Valkalan is interested in showcasing the finest in Valk technology and culture.

1. The Future, Now.
This shall be the Empire's flagship exhibit. It will display the latest Valk technological breakthroughs such as holographic communicators, EM levitation, autonomous robotics, and a life size model of the INV Imperium, the Empire's first practical interstellar craft.

2. Simply Exquisite
The greatest in Valk architecture, from Clockwork Industrial to Imperial Deco, all housed in a miniature replica of the Zarathustra Tower, the finest skyscraper in the Empire.

3. Absolute Bliss

Excellent! I assume you are FT.

Valkalan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Valkalan » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:41 am

The High Tatras wrote:
Valkalan wrote:At the behest of Emperor Xizor and the Elect Elite, the Empire of Valkalan is interested in showcasing the finest in Valk technology and culture.

1. The Future, Now.

2. Simply Exquisite

3. Absolute Bliss

Excellent! I assume you are FT.

Future Tech? Yes, I am.
वज्रमात अस्ता रिजथम

The Directorate of Valkalan is a federation of autonomous city-states which operate a joint military and share uniform commercial and civil law and a common foreign policy, and which is characterized by wealth, intrigue, and advanced technology.

The High Tatras
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The High Tatras » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:02 am

Anyone else? I am hoping for at least 10-12 countries to have exhibitions, preferably considerably more than that if people are interested.

Communist Quinntopia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Quinntopia » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:35 am

redacted
Last edited by Communist Quinntopia on Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hungaristan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hungaristan » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:57 am

Hungaristan would be honored to place our exhibits in this world fair!

Official name: The Peacekeeping Coalition State of Hungaristan

Leader Name: Trevor Frye

Main Exhibit: " Hungaristan's State of the Art Jets"
A decommissioned A-15 "Wasp" on display and a raffle for a free flight in one!
Small Exhibit: " A Taste of Hungaristan"
A small exhibit of Hungaristan's finest wines, pastries, and entrees.
Small Exhibit: " Hungaristan's Best Musicians"
Professional Performer, "Magyar Demalo" plays his guitar and sings
Last edited by Hungaristan on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life." Bertolt Brecht

Leonische
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Leonische » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:02 pm

It happens that I still survive (of cause I'll survive, Desmond Miles has sacrificed himself to stop apocalypse already) so, this is my proposal.

My exhibits aren’t separate entities but interlace into the main attraction “Verlässliche Zukunft” or “Reliable Future”, a showcase of Leonische's advancement in management of energy consumption.

The first exhibit is called “Energie”. It focuses on energy production, nuclear power plants, and research on nuclear fusion. It aims to promote benefits of nuclear energy as reliable, cheap, clean, and safe.

The second exhibit “Bewegen” or “Move” is about how energy form the said nuclear power plants is used in Leonische's automobile industry. It showcases advanced batteries, electric motors, hybrid vehicles, and electric vehicles.

The last exhibit “Fliegen” or “Fly” is about electromagnetic technologies such as magnetic levitation in high speed trains and research on electromagnetic acceleration to send payloads into orbit.

I always roleplay with Fürstin Karmin and Lisbeth. Karmin is the future monarch while Lisbeth is her unofficially adopted sister.
Last edited by Leonische on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

The High Tatras
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The High Tatras » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:00 pm

Remember that is is a perfect opportunity to enhance your nation's image. That is the real reason for all World's Fairs (both on NS and IRL).

Sorenydonia
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorenydonia » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:14 pm

My main exhibit: The athletic prowness of my olympic athletes (ex Olympic wrestlers)
2nd exhibit: My countrys vertical jet innovation in the F-36 Husky
3rd exhibit: My countrys decommissioned family of antimissle defense system the Prada AM Dome

Meritocratic States
Negotiator

Founded: May 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Meritocratic States » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:58 pm

Greetings,

The Meritocratic States has expressed its interest in joining the World's Fair your nation. Our nation will exhibit our pride in cultural and technological advancements.

Exhibit One: Architectural Design

Our national policy of environmentalism and energy conservation has deeply reflected the current architectural designs of our contemporary skyscrapers and housing. This policy has given the rise of eco-modernist architecture that is rapidly changing the skyline of our cities. In this exhibit, we shall showcase our state-of-the-art technologies and designs we incorporate in our buildings.

Exhibit Two: Contemporary and Historical Music

Music is an important media in the Meritocratic States. Through music, we can present our history and culture of our nation from Opera, an allegory for our past history, to Electronic and House music, a music that greatly relates to the modern youth and the night life in the larger cities in the Meritocratic States.

Exhibit Three: The Natural Wonders Through Technological Marvels

Using advanced holographic technology, we can present our country's pride; our preserved majestic natural wonders. Through this, we will build a holo-projection room to simulate our natural forests and glaciers. This is also our way to show our technological expertise and our care for the environment.

We hope you would take our bid for a place in your World's Fair under consideration. The Federal Executive Council, our collective presidency, has chosen me and a fellow representative, Evangeline Tannhauser to represent the Federal Council.

Thank you,

Erica Avine,
Councilor, Federal Executive Council
Minister of Culture and Internal Affairs

Evangeline Tannhauser
President, Federal Executive Council
Minister of Finance
This nation is now being retired.
Good-night, sweet prince.
Hello, Gristol-Serkonos.

The High Tatras
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The High Tatras » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Currently we have 8 players (myself included). Just a few more and we should be able to start. In the mean time, I'm wondering if we should have a predetermined plot, let the plot develop as we play, or not have an actual plot and just enjoy the World's Fair.

Royale Philippines
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

The Royale Armoury

Postby Royale Philippines » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:25 pm

deleted
Last edited by Royale Philippines on Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Republic of the Philippines
President: Herbet Mata Castellanos
Vice President: Camil Saavedra Ceja

The High Tatras
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The High Tatras » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:31 pm

Bump.

The High Tatras
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The High Tatras » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Re-bump (its been a few days).

The High Tatras
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The High Tatras » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:44 am

The exhibit buildings for the High Tatras are currently under construction.

Berghoff's Rathskeller:

The factory:

This is the aircraft we will be producing.

OOC: That first photograph is actually the "Old Heidelberg Inn" from the 1933 Chicago World's Fair and the aircraft is a real WWII era design (the Henschel Hs P.75).
Last edited by The High Tatras on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aigeantir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

An Official Missive from High King Maedhan

Postby Aigeantir » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:55 am

An Official Missive from High King Maedhan II of Aigéantir

His Royal Highness, the High King of Aigéantir, Maedhan II, would like to take part in the World's Fair by sending the following exhibits to your nation:

All three exhibits are linked as one to symbolize Aigéantir's past, present, and future.

Exhibit 1: Reconstruction of the Morrigan, one of Aigéantir's original sailing vessels that brought the exiled Celts of the British Isles to Aigéantir. Often called the Aigéantir Mayflower, the Morrigan was a symbol of a desperate people's triumph and hope in a storm of uncertainty. The 50 cent Aigead has a picture of the Morrigan, as the ship served as the lead ship of the convoy that found Aigéantir and was the last vessel to be deconstructed for the first homes of the exiled Celts.

Exhibit 2: Aigéantir's own Nuada Institute demonstration. Nuada Institute, named after the mythical King Nuada of the Tuatha de Danaan, who lost an arm in battle, which was replaced by a silver one, is a robot research institute funded by the government that specializes in A.I. development and deployment in the field of prosthetic implants. However, the institute is also involved in research into artificial replacements for organs as well, and the display will include some of the most recent successes and demonstrations of how such products can help victims of warfare, violence, and accidents to live healthy, full, and unimpeded lives.

Exhibit 3: Prototype military/civilian vehicle, intended to showcase Aigéantir's interest in future involvement in the world stage as a nation of compassion and humanitarian assistance. The vehicle designs, though expensive, could allow Aigéantir to deploy assets and relief around the world much quicker through the use of small drop-pods from orbit. The concept is a combination of space shuttle and space station, that can lift off from Earth, and maintain a stationary orbit either above our nation or a war zone for 6 months before needing to return for supplies. Onboard supplies and personnel can be dropped to the Earth quickly and with little preparation with the use of special smart drop pods, that can use GPS coordinates to locate a position on the planet and safely bring its payload to the ground.

Of course, High King Maedhan II would also be happy to attend, though he may only be able to attend for part of a day due to his busy schedule. In addition, King Brelainn VI of Anu will also be present and will be available for the entire duration of the event.

Signed, this day, December 27, 2012
High King Maedhan II of Aigéantir, and King of Aedh
King Brelainn VI of Anu
Leader: High King Conchobar II, IFC Representative: Hon. Carroll Caomh

The High Tatras
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The High Tatras » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:17 pm

The High Tatras wrote:Currently we have 8 players (myself included). Just a few more and we should be able to start. In the mean time, I'm wondering if we should have a predetermined plot, let the plot develop as we play, or not have an actual plot and just enjoy the World's Fair.

I still can't decide. What does everyone else think?

Leonische
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Leonische » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:38 pm

I'd say just see the fair.

Toishima
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Toishima » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:43 pm

Greetings from the Empire of the Radiant Star,

We would like to participate in this world fair. Our exhibits will cover many topics relevant to our history.

Main Exhibit (Large-Type)

"The Radiant Star"

This will be a winding path, with plaques, historical pictures and texts lining the walls. There will be several detailed dioramas regarding many events in our nation's history, as well as other relevant things such as the geography of the Home Islands. Basically, this will be a basic rundown of the history of our nation, along with other important facts.

1- Geography. A model of the Home Islands, this was painstakingly put together in order to showcase the geography of the Home Islands. With the latest in animatronic and motion technology installed, the model can show rain, sunshine, earthquakes, tsunamis and even volcanic eruptions under the control of our staff. Natural disasters are scheduled for certain time-slots. The seas are represented by a coloured liquid to facilitate the artificial tsunamis.

2- The Great Landing. A non-interactive piece featuring the ships that brought the original colonists to the Home Islands.

3- The Sekiguchi Rebellion. A non-interactive piece detailing the liberation of Toishima from the False Emperor in ancient history. Comes with a brief video on the subject.

4- Settlements. Three separate dioramas detailing a city, a village and a town through various eras. The "Modern" and "Industrial Revolution" segments have motorised model trains, provided by Tako Models, the sponsor for these dioramas.

5- The Himiko Pirate Conflict. Miniature warships wage 'war' on the high seas in the 1990s, as aircraft soar through the air on thin wires. Viewers can control the action to an extent, with buttons to activate more Imperial Navy assets or to send planes on attack runs.

6- The Imperial Administration. A model and fact screens detailing the way the Administration is run, from Regional Governors to the Prime Minister.

Small-Type Exhibits

The Glory of the Imperial Army

This will be a smaller exhibit, detailing the Toishima Imperial Army. Dioramas will be featured, as will several actors dressed as the different Imperial Army troops, from soldiers, Imperial Army Commandos, SNLF marines, gunship pilots, sailors and even generals. A video of the current head of the Imperial Military Council, Grand Admiral Mitanabe, will be screened as he outlines the roles of the different branches of the military.

Also here would be an enclosed room featuring both models and 3-D image technology to show the recent Battle of Azumajima that left a communist state within the Home Islands. A dramatised depiction of key personnel during the conflict is screened in the background during relevant parts of the battle. The battle involves many different dioramas and is mostly automated on scale models of the warzone. Key land battles are shown on the model itself, while naval battles are shown on another model with a smaller scale. Air battles are shown in CGI with the use of the projector. Despite all efforts to make the display as close to reality as possible, certain events just cannot be shown concurrently with others.

Also present will be an extremely small-scale replica of the H-3 Anti-Fleet Weapon, along with an extremely small-scale demonstration in a pre-prepared pool of water.

Culture of the Empire of Toishima

This exhibit will showcase the cultural aspects of our nation, as well as national landmarks and important people in History. A short movie depicting the daily life of a person in ancient Toishima is also displayed in multiple languages. A miniature Shinto shrine is also on display, and so are free books for learning the Toishiman dialect of Japanese.
On display will be everything from clothing to details about the various provinces, and some more historical facts.
There will be a small cafe-type place where one may purchase traditional food and drinks. While it may be unwise to serve Toishiman food as it is extremely similar to Japanese food, other local delicacies are also served that cannot be found in Japan. Prices will not be too high. This exhibit is sponsored by Wayuko Food Processing Services. This area would be the smallest, as space had to be sacrificed for the Battle Of Azumajima Show and the following exhibit.

Unnamed Collection of Tiny Exhibits Depicting the Imperial Industry

This exhibit is unnamed as it actually consists of many more smaller exhibits. These in turn consist of topics such as Farming, Industry, Economics and Trade. A video on how farmers use traditional and modern methods to efficiently harvest large amounts of crops is shown. These rely on many corporate sponsors and thus feature run-downs of several companies as well.

Our Prime Minister, Shintaro Nobunaga, will be attending the Fair to open our exhibits to the public. For obvious reasons, the Emperor himself is not able to attend this event. It is far too dangerous for him to leave the Home Islands now.

Sincerely,
The Imperial Administration
Last edited by Toishima on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.
Record word count for a single unbroken writing session: 27,154 words
Current flag is my Kami Oshi, Sato Masaki (Info here!).

Raldona
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Raldona » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:31 am

The Commonwealth of Raldona will participate in this progressive and utterly astounding display of the world's future.

Current Leader: President Allers

The Main Exhibit:
"Powering the Future of a Nation"
The premier exhibit that Raldona will be bringing to the World's Fair is full demonstration of the country's new, innovative wind turbine technology and how it can be used to efficiently bring electricity into the homes of normal citizens, not just the wealthy. Built into the exhibit will be a small museum with scale models of power plants from Raldona's past along with architectural drawings and models of nuclear power plants, projected to be completed sometime in the near future.

Small Exhibit 1
"All aboard!"
All aboard is an exhibit that hopes to show the world the might and futuristic features of the Navy of Raldona. This guided tour takes the viewers through the body of a full-scale Orca class destroyer, showing off the new communications and information-gathering systems housed aboard every Raldonan ship in the armada. The gift shop sells miniature models of the ships.

DISCLAIMER: Full-scale replica not representative of the layout of actual Orca class destroyers.

Small Exhibit 2
If Adeline is the federal capital of Raldona, then Lopsville is most definitely the cultural capital! This exhibit seeks to show off the fun, traditional side of the Bi-City area with live performances from the region's most popular rock artist Nuclear Assault, dancing shows from the Raldona National Halskon group, and traditional food from all around the country.

The people of Raldona are eagerly anticipating the arrival of the World's Fair!

OOC: I think that we should just see how the fair goes, without a set plot.

Dakran
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dakran » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:47 am

Dakran would like to participate in the world fair. The following showcases are as follows

1: Geographical location
This shows the island grouping of Dakran. From the large island of Dakran to the presidents resort island.

2: History of Dakranians
This shows how Dakranians cultural history as well as its recent near extinction at the hands of a warlord.

3: Genocide of Dakranians
This booth shows the oppression of Dakranians from several warlords and rventually the mass murder. It also shows the consequences the warlord had to deal with.

4: War for Survival
This booth outlines and displays Dakranian heroes and weaponry used during Dakrand war for survival. It also has a copy of the treaty that was signed between the two nations freeing Dakranians to leave the land and establish a homeland.

5: Justice
This booth shows the collapse of the former oppressing nation. It has a video of massive rioting and a coup in Jerktopia(generic name is generic). This video is loved by all Dakranians and is showed yearly on the Dakranian Independence Day.

6: Modern history
Shows the Dakranian founders when they arrived. Also features small scale buildings-in-boxes kits the Dakranians used. It shows the beginning of Dakran-The eventual slip into dictatorship-and turn to Democratic Socialism.
Trans flag here She/Her
01_EMBASSY_PROPOSE
WHAT WAS WILL BE, WHAT WILL BE WAS, WHAT WAS WILL BE, WHAT WILL BE WAS, WHAT WAS WILL BE, WHAT WILL BE WAS
Baltenstein wrote:Source:
The Turkish minister of Turkishness, Öztürk Türkuglu.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates