NATION

PASSWORD

Scarlet Doom in Turtleshroom [LOP Only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Comrade Commisar
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Scarlet Doom in Turtleshroom [LOP Only]

Postby Comrade Commisar » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:09 pm

Eagles Mansion Estate,
Litlin, Turtleshroom

Within the reading room of the Eagles Mansion Estate, the sipping of tea could be heard as a young girl sat patiently in her seat, fine tea cups in hand. The girl, Lady Mary Elizabeth von Eagles, was rather well-mannered and certainly quite attractive, with her light blue eyes and long blonde hair contrasting quite nicely with her scarlet colored dress. Beside her chair sat her father's loyal German Shepherd, sleeping peacefully as the calming sounds of tea sipping and the swinging of a grandfather clock's pendulum echoed within the large reading room. The curtains were drawn, allowing a certain amount of light within the reading room, presenting a rather calm, quiet atmosphere for its occupants. It was certainly quite peaceful, even with the armed Scarlet Guards of the Aristocracy guarding the wooden double doors of the reading room, the atmosphere becoming so stunningly silent that one could possibly hear a pin drop.

"Your tea, sirs." Spoke the head maid, Miss Nightingale, as she laided down two tea cups upon the coffee table of the reading room, "Sweet tea, imported from the far reaches of the Commonwealth. I hope you may enjoy it."

The two guests, of which were from Turtleshroomian origin, nodded thankfully as the maid went back towards her cart, waiting quietly should the occupants of the room need anything. The two, drinking their tea quietly, simply stared at Lady Mary Elizabeth as they participated within the awkward silence of the room. The calm, civil atmosphere should not have come as a surprise towards anyone within the room. For hours earlier, the two Turtleshroomers were rather abruptly taken from their homes, blindfolded, and taken towards the estate. Although to the defense of the Commonwealth, the Scarlet Guard of whom had accomplished the kidnapping did contact the relatives afterwards, guarenteeing that the two were merely away for a tea party and would be returned safely. The duo, of whom were known only as 'Cephas' and 'Mortimer', simply drank their tea, taking a moment during sips to stare at their rather uncoth host.

"Mother and Father are always so busy, and with the absense of my sister, I feared I'd have no one to invite towards tea." Mary Elizabeth said quietly, interrupting the harsh silence of the room, "I am quite glad that you two were available for our humble tea party. The Scarlet Guards, while certainly kind young men, are quite uncivilized in the mannerisms and art of sipping tea. Providence help them even savor the deliciousness of the beverage, much less make conversation over the fine variety of tea."

The young girl laughed rather lightly, covering her mouth as she smiled towards herself.

"Providence, such a funny notion, as if such a thing exists for the good of man." Mary Elizabeth grinned, looking at her guests, "Minister Kilthorne would always babble on and on about such nonsense, placing rather untasteful bibles and crosses throughout the House. Of course, we would always make work of them quickly, disposing of them throughout the week, just to have Minister Kilthorne merely replace them all upon the end of the said week. I never understood the devotion of such a man. I rather pity him, wasting his life away upon securing a foothold within the afterlife; utilizing his life to prepare for death."

Lady Mary Elizabeth calmed down, returning her attention towards her guests, of whom were merely staring at her from behind the false safety of tea cups. Noticing the cold stares of the duo, the girl shrugged, sipping her tea as she return towards making conversation.

"I understand, you wish to know, 'who is this girl' and 'what does she wish to do with us here'. Worry not, I shall address your woes. Upon the first issue of loyalties and identity... how do I explain such a thing...? Ah! I know." The young girl smiled, merely bundling her blonde hair behind her back, the following appearance seemingly shocking the two before she allowed her hair to flow back into place, "I believe you are aquainted with my sister, and thus, 'tis where we address your second concerns. My sister, upon negotiating with rather brutish cold-blooded lizards, was being watched upon, the speech leaving her lips seemingly being recorded by a hidden device of sorts of which would be transferred towards another authority. You would not happen to be of the knowledge of such a device, would you not?"

Mary Elizabeth smiled evilly, Mortimer seemingly rising up in disagreement as Cephas sat there, dropping his tea in shock. To both their surprise, there was no clashing of the tea cup as it feel towards the ground, the two slowly turning towards the direction of the tea cup as they saw the tea seemingly suspended in space and time, dropping towards the floor, but at a speed hundreds of times slowly than was normal. Turning towards the rather content girl, the harmonious ticking of a grandfather clock reassured them that time was still within motion, and that the tea had been seemingly altered in some way... almost as if by magic.

"Tsk, tsk. There was a rather large gentleman a while back who stated that real men must property hold their beverage. Ah well, you are rather young, and I should not have placed too much faith upon you to master tea ettiquette upon your first attempt. The least we can do is attempt to not make a mess for Miss Nightingale, do you not agree?" Mary stated, opening one eye towards Cephas as she sipped her own tea, "Worry not, for if I wished to injure or harm you, I would have done so with my own accord already. Just note that while I am not fond of engaging in such brutish violence, the option is not out of my ability."

Placing her now empty tea cups within the hands of Miss Nightingale to be refilled, the young lady smiled, crossing her fingers and legs as she leaned peacefully back in her chair.

"I want to know of the authority of which you offered information. 'Twas it the Government? 'Twas it the Military? Perhaps the Church? Or was it a third entity of which we are unaware? Such information is important towards me and my sister, for such information could have negative consequences for ourselves, and therefore, you." Lady Mary Elizabeth smiled at the two, knowing that while younger, she maintained the authority within the room, "Please, indulge me."
Last edited by Comrade Commisar on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A complete mess of a nation known in-character as the 'North Lands'; populated by pious priestesses, wandering mercenaries, violent bandits, and various internal power struggles. Be careful of who you deal with.

Basically, a decentralized feudalistic society ranging anywhere between medieval and interwar.

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:56 pm

{OOC: Tagged! I can't write this late, but with you and my mother sick in bed (Momma has Strep throat), I owe you both something to do, right?}

{OOC: TurtleShrromer "tea etiquette" is simple. (LOLOLOLOL "tea etiquette", but now that Inthink of it, it actually exists here in the RL South!) The drink (be it a jar, cup, or goblet) goes to the top-right above the main plate, above where spoons and knives sit. When drinking, take the jar, cup, or goblet in your right hand and drink it like any other drink, or use the straw. -and like all drinks: when in doubt, pinky out! Failing to extend the pinky is bad manners.
Also, it's seen as miserly to serve tea in real teacups. Proper hosts let it flow like how alcohol would in wet nations. Tea should be poured into regular cups or jars to consume with our without a straw by a pitcher. Serving hot tea is permissable, but frowned upon. -and "if it isn't sweet, it isn't tea".
Also: black tea. Black tea is TurtleShroom tea, unless you can somehow pour a pot of steeped white or green or Oolong into half a pitcher of two cups' sugar water.}

{OOC: Other notes.
1) Kidnapping is a capital crime in TS. Find a scapegoat, because Cephas is important. Too bad he removed his tracking bracelet after retirement.
2) TurtleShroomers don't drop drinks in shock, but I'll make an exception here. They always either spit take or grip their face as they snort to stop it from coming out, swallowing hard with big eyes and surprise all around. (The latter also happens in laughter.)
3. Epic win.}
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

Jesus Loves You and Died for You!!
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ש✞ש▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
NationStates' only surviving States' Rights Democrat/Dixiecrat (minus the rascism)!

Comrade Commisar
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Comrade Commisar » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:22 pm

[OOC: Best wishes towards your mother! I can relate towards her and the suffering from illness. It is not pleasant in the slightest.]

[OOC: Haha, soon enough we'll have to publish factbooks upon 'tea etiquette'. Oh, on another note, sticking one's picky finger out while sipping tea is actually considered offensive in real life. Likewise, Lady Mary Elizabeth will probably raise an eyebrow upon witnessing the Turtleshroomers doing such.]

[OOC: Addressing your other concerns, it is actually really hard to find a scapegoat that would be knowledgable upon Norah as well as benefitual towards the Commonwealth. A Priest or Clergyman may be of fine candidacy, although that was an area I was rather reluctant to go in. I'll keep the spittakes and snorting swallows in mind, for when it comes up within the future.]
A complete mess of a nation known in-character as the 'North Lands'; populated by pious priestesses, wandering mercenaries, violent bandits, and various internal power struggles. Be careful of who you deal with.

Basically, a decentralized feudalistic society ranging anywhere between medieval and interwar.

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:25 pm

NATIONSTATES

Comrade Commisar wrote: For hours earlier, the two Turtleshroomers were rather abruptly taken from their homes, blindfolded, and taken towards the estate. Although to the defense of the Commonwealth, the Scarlet Guard of whom had accomplished the kidnapping did contact the relatives afterwards, guaranteeing that the two were merely away for a tea party and would be returned safely. The duo, of whom were known only as 'Cephas' and 'Mortimer', simply drank their tea, taking a moment during sips to stare at their rather uncouth host.

[…]

"Your tea, sirs." Spoke the head maid, Miss Nightingale, as she laid down two tea cups upon the coffee table of the reading room, "Sweet tea, imported from the far reaches of the Commonwealth. I hope you may enjoy it."

[…]

The two, drinking their tea quietly, simply stared at Lady Mary Elizabeth as they participated within the awkward silence of the room.

It had been a few months since Cephas had been eternally traumatized by a string of waking nightmares, followed by salvation by an “angel”, who later became the first confirmed sighting of an “angel” in TurtleShroomer history, recognized by the Catholic Church and then by the Southern Baptist Convention, and, ultimately at their demand, the government.

The arrival of an angel and rapidly increasing warnings and whispers of demonic activity convinced everyone in power that God was getting tired of this disorganized state. From that destructive storm and earthquake to the shaky truce, it was unanimous that TS needed to find peace. God was striking them, or so they seemed to think.

Cephas was ultimately diagnosed and treated for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and decommissioned at his request with a fat pension that set his (now proud) family for life.
Hair grows in months, and Mary noticed that his scene hairstyle, longer and much more somber than he had worn before he was torn apart, was also snow white at the roots, with several streaks of white interlacing his hair, which was rapidly losing its own color. He’d be solid white by 2013, at least by Mary’s guess.
In addition, compared to the respectful move he had always done before, Cephas didn’t move the hair out of his right eye, clearly hiding behind his own hair and spectacles so he didn’t have to come anywhere near looking at more of her than he had to.

Cephas’ face had premature wrinkles around his lips and nose, and the dark bags under his eyes were not mascara. Like an old man with the “doddles”, Cephas’ head and body bobbled and trembled faintly and involuntarily.

His clothes were heavier and darker in color than before. No piercings or tattoos were involved, but he seemed to have climbed the Gothic ladder somewhat. He also appeared to have taken Norah’s advice, for he wore a red belt and had thick red bracelets around his wrists.

He was also wearing a modest silver necklace with a red cross around his neck. It looks like Cephas turned to religion after his nightmare. Indeed, a quick look at him would also spot the Rosary trinket he had hanging from one of those silver pants chains his clique seemed to sport. These adorned his loose, black long pants.
Cephas seems to have joined the Catholics.

Mortimer looked the same as he did before. Tortoises didn’t really change in appearance at all, but a quick look at his eyes showed fear and past trauma. Fortunately, Mortimer wasn’t medically scarred, like Cephas was.

The tortoise constantly withdrew his neck back into his shell, looking around in paranoia and expecting some wraith to jump out of the floors or the rafters of the beautiful mansion.

Comrade Commisar wrote:"Mother and Father are always so busy, and with the absence of my sister, I feared I'd have no one to invite towards tea." Mary Elizabeth said quietly, interrupting the harsh silence of the room, "I am quite glad that you two were available for our humble tea party. The Scarlet Guards, while certainly kind young men, are quite uncivilized in the mannerisms and art of sipping tea. Providence help them even savor the deliciousness of the beverage, much less make conversation over the fine variety of tea."

Well, at least the three agreed on something

Cephas, having not touched his tea until now, for he feared it was poison, relaxed as she poured, from the same teapot, tea into their cups.

Hoping to show the foreigner what little class TS could boast of, Cephas recalled “what momma had taught him” and extended his right hand to take the teacup. He was pleased to notice this was iced tea, which was odd to serve in a teapot. Wrapping his fingers around the handle, he politely extended his pinky and quickly downed the sweet liquid in the cup.

It was incredible. Chilled, sweetened, and flavored by tea far better than the Louzianne or Lipton teabags purchasable at any store, Mary smirked as he lifted his eyebrows. Requesting for more, Mary nodded and he refilled his cup. He downed it again, and again, refilling constantly.Mary could tell that they had taste in beverages.
Part of it was nervousness- Cephas had taken to “drinking”, so to speak, having formed a new addiction to a TurtleShroomer classic to rest his nerves –and part of it was simply that the tea was that good.

Mortimer, likewise, had his head in that teacup more than he had looking at Norah. The Scarlet Guards found themselves making constant trips to refill the teapot with the batch in one of the many kitchens or butlers’ pantries, suddenly understanding why TurtleShroomers served tea in seemingly “classless” gallon-sized, glass pickle jars or one gallon plastic pictures.

Mary began to speak about a man neither had heard of, though they assumed he was important. Both of them smiled, ever so faintly, as he mentioned his religious devotion, slightly comforted that someone from that giant Las Vegas of a mobster country knew right from wrong.

Almost as if she sensed it, Mary let off a kick to the gut of something so precious to the country she was in.
Comrade Commisar wrote:“I never understood the devotion of such a man. I rather pity him, wasting his life away upon securing a foothold within the afterlife; utilizing his life to prepare for death."

Cephas, interestingly enough, was the one to speak; this was the first time he spoke since he ended up in the mansion.

“Chr-Christianity teaches that, th-that the mortal realm ain’t one’s true home…” the Gothic adolescent practically whispered, “…-but that we’s here to serve God’s Kingdom until He… calls us up yonduh. Please don’t k-kill me.”

Mortimer looked to Mary, who would probably be confused as to how he knew all that after such a recent and fast conversion.

“Cephas was raised in a strong Christian household. He’s known all this since he was a youngin’… it just sank in after his dance with death, is all.”

They both looked at her with distaste, and an awful feeling they were going to die. They were also clamoring to know who this nearly-prepubescent child was and why she had kidnapped them, cast chloroform on them, and ultimately led them to this meeting of pure evil when the awoke.

Comrade Commisar wrote:"I understand, you wish to know, 'who is this girl' and 'what does she wish to do with us here'. Worry not, I shall address your woes. Upon the first issue of loyalties and identity... how do I explain such a thing...? Ah! I know." The young girl smiled, merely bundling her blonde hair behind her back, the following appearance seemingly shocking the two before she allowed her hair to flow back into place, "I believe you are aquainted with my sister, and thus, 'tis where we address your second concerns. My sister, upon negotiating with rather brutish cold-blooded lizards, was being watched upon, the speech leaving her lips seemingly being recorded by a hidden device of sorts of which would be transferred towards another authority. You would not happen to be of the knowledge of such a device, would you not?"

Cephas and Mortimer gasped.

Comrade Commisar wrote:Mary Elizabeth smiled evilly, Mortimer seemingly rising up in disagreement as Cephas sat there, dropping his tea in shock. To both their surprise, there was no clashing of the tea cup as it feel towards the ground, the two slowly turning towards the direction of the tea cup as they saw the tea seemingly suspended in space and time, dropping towards the floor, but at a speed hundreds of times slowly than was normal. Turning towards the rather content girl, the harmonious ticking of a grandfather clock reassured them that time was still within motion, and that the tea had been seemingly altered in some way... almost as if by magic.

Both of them shivered violently as they stared at the slow motion teacup, which the Scarlet Guards bent down and tried to hand back to Cephas, who raised his hands and pushed it away like it was poison. Shrugging, one exited and put the cup away, returning with a clean one, which Cephas slowly took in his left hand, and, as he set it down, shot out a trembling hand to the Rosary trinket at his hip, gripping it until his knuckles turned white.

Comrade Commisar wrote:"Worry not, for if I wished to injure or harm you, I would have done so with my own accord already. Just note that while I am not fond of engaging in such brutish violence, the option is not out of my ability."

Placing her now empty tea cups within the hands of Miss Nightingale to be refilled, the young lady smiled, crossing her fingers and legs as she leaned peacefully back in her chair.

"I want to know of the authority of which you offered information. 'Twas it the Government? 'Twas it the Military? Perhaps the Church? Or was it a third entity of which we are unaware? Such information is important towards me and my sister, for such information could have negative consequences for ourselves, and therefore, you." Lady Mary Elizabeth smiled at the two, knowing that while younger, she maintained the authority within the room, "Please, indulge me."

Cephas immediately recited what they had always told him to recite if he was caught. It wasn’t a lie, since there WAS a third party, but it wasn’t the whole truth, because the way it was worded implied he wasn’t directly tapping them.

“Like ah told Norah of the N-“ he paused. “OH HAIL MARY NO.” he cursed, not caring about his obscene (to TS) language. In immense fright, scooting his chair back and raising his hands, Cephas spoke at a louder volume, in fear.. The realization unquestionably triggered what therapy had managed to remove from him.
“YOU’RE HER SISTUH?! DON’T CRUMBLE ME TA DUST PLEASE DON’T CRUMBLE ME TO DUST I AIN’T READY TO LEAVE THE WORLD YET PLEASE DON’T CRUMBLE ME-”

Cephas continued repeating that, his voice lowering to is new default of a whisper for an extended time as Mortimer said what he was supposed to say. Cephas ultimately stopped talking and gripped the armrests of his luxurious chair, white-knuckled and clearly reliving a portion of his trauma as his subtle shaking grew more violent. He clinched his body tightly and braced for something, anything, that would send him to the Promised Land.

“Everything that Cephas told Norah of the North was the truth.” Mortimer said, technically not lying at all. “Cephas was an adventurer, contracted by an institution ya’ll might’a listed or might’a not just listed, in a deal. If he let them follow him, they’d give him an endless stream’a money so he could live the dream and see things no one would ever normally see, and also give them firsthand eyewitnesses to things they ‘wanna learn more ‘bout. His warm and friendly demeanor and far more open mahnd than most made him perfect ta engage with potentially hostile beins’.” he looked to his trembling friend, who was close to sobbing.

“Cephas ain’t really the guy ya’ll should be kidnappin’ and interrogatin’. Cephas is officially diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorduh, and he ain’t doin’ that stuff no more. You’re gone get him committed if you and the forces’a Hell keep comin’ aftuh him.”
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

NationStates' only surviving States' Rights Democrat/Dixiecrat (minus the rascism)!

Comrade Commisar
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Comrade Commisar » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:42 pm

Eagles Mansion Estate,
Litlin, Turtleshroom

"If they keep going through tea at this rate, we'll run through this entire month's ration." Stated a Scarlet Guard, placing a canister of tea leaves upon the kitchen counter, "By goodness, they even drink their tea cold. What person drinks their tea cold for goodness sake?"

"Not just cold, mate, iced." Stated another Scarlet Guard, who leaned upon the counter, "They toss ice within their tea, and have not much better taste than a child. It has to be sweet tea, and not just sweet tea, iced sweet tea, served in pitchers and drunken like ale back within the Commonwealth. Honestly, if I could be requested not to like a man because of his tea, by jingo, I'd take the offer in a heartbeat."

The double doors of the kitchen opened, the two Scarlet Guards standing at attention with their rifles as Miss Nightingale entered the room. With her rather gentle blue eyes and dark black maid uniform, the Scarlet Guard nodded in respect towards the rather dreary head maid.

"If you could dislike a man based upon his attitude towards tea, then why not simply hate a man based off their appearance, nationality, or even species?" Miss Nightingale stated, checking upon some tea she had previously stored in an ice box, "You sound similar towards the penmen of those 'John Raven Laws' of which riddles our guests with discontent. While I have no disagreement with you voicing your opinions within the privacy upon your free-time, please refrain so from speaking of such during your duties."

"I bet even that John Raven has a better taste for tea, aye? Probably licks off the tea caught upon his whiskers like a common feline. Worry not ma'am, your woes do not fall upon deaf ears, we'll speak of our thoughts after duty." One of the Scarlet Guards stated, watching as the head maid placed the pitcher of iced sweet tea upon a cart and rolled off into the hallway.

Walking within the great double doors of the reading room, the maid bowed humbly as she poured tea for a fairly thirsty Cephas, who downed the beverage as if it were nothing at all. Refilling his cup, the rather stotic maid looked upon Cephas with half-cast eyes as he drank once again, herself offering to refill his cup every time. Mary, who had grown bored of watching the cycle of refilling and drinking, eventually offered to pour the tea for Cephas herself, as a sign of good will and to more closely observe the teenager.

Upon Mary Elizabeth's small talk of Minister Kilthorne and her mockery of the religious man, Cephas seemed to 'stand up' and voice his opinions towards the young aristocrat, who was somewhat shocked and amused by the action.

TurtleShroom wrote:“Chr-Christianity teaches that, th-that the mortal realm ain’t one’s true home…” the Gothic adolescent practically whispered, “…-but that we’s here to serve God’s Kingdom until He… calls us up yonduh. Please don’t k-kill me.”

"Is that so? Hmm, 'tis interesting. How dost thou know this, may I ask?" Noted Mary, who's inquiries were met with response by Mortimer.

“Cephas was raised in a strong Christian household. He’s known all this since he was a youngin’… it just sank in after his dance with death, is all.”

"Ah, 'tis understandable. Death is a fairly powerful motivator, I see no reason as to why I should be too shocked about his recent statement." Mary Elizabeth smiled, "Certainly not enough shock to strike one down in cold blood, is it not so? Hehe."

After a brief discussion of why the duo were there, and the reasons behind their rather uncommon invitation towards the estate, Mary wished for one of the two to address her inquiries, of which she would use to aid her 'sister' of sorts in bringing justice towards the South Lands. Towards her surprise, Cephas seemed rather... unstable... with his response.

“Like ah told Norah of the N-“ he paused. “OH HAIL MARY NO.” he cursed, not caring about his obscene (to TS) language. In immense fright, scooting his chair back and raising his hands, Cephas spoke at a louder volume, in fear.. The realization unquestionably triggered what therapy had managed to remove from him.

“YOU’RE HER SISTUH?! DON’T CRUMBLE ME TA DUST PLEASE DON’T CRUMBLE ME TO DUST I AIN’T READY TO LEAVE THE WORLD YET PLEASE DON’T CRUMBLE ME-”

Mary was taken back, the rather unpredictable uprising by Cephas had shocked the girl, with the Scarlet Guards within the room silently fidgetting with their rifles. Coughing softy to regain her composition, the young girl went to address young Cephas' woes.

"Erm, while myself and Lady Norah are considered sisters within the House, it is not of blood... or is that inappropriate wording?" Lady Mary asked, shaking her head and readdressing the matter at hand, "In any situation, myself and Lady Norah are quite close, so close in fact, some consider ourselves to be one of another. Relationships aside, I am much more inexperienced within the fields of magic than Lady Norah, although between myself and Lady Norah, such may work towards my advantage. Nevertheless, 'crumbling you to dust' is far from my abilities, although such an effect would be equally similar from a single piece of shot, and thus, is irrelevant."

Mary stared as Cephas, who had begun clinging towards the chair rather tightly, shaking as if an earthquake was affecting Litlin - perhaps reliving his experiences within his mind. Mortimer quickly interrupted Mary's thoughts, explaining the situation towards her as best he could.

“Everything that Cephas told Norah of the North was the truth.” Mortimer said, technically not lying at all. “Cephas was an adventurer, contracted by an institution ya’ll might’a listed or might’a not just listed, in a deal. If he let them follow him, they’d give him an endless stream’a money so he could live the dream and see things no one would ever normally see, and also give them firsthand eyewitnesses to things they ‘wanna learn more ‘bout. His warm and friendly demeanor and far more open mahnd than most made him perfect ta engage with potentially hostile beins’.” he looked to his trembling friend, who was close to sobbing.

Mary nodded silently in acknowledgement.

"You are very vague, almost as if you have repeated those words time and time again, perfecting your statement." The young girl inferred, somewhat startling Mortimer, "I doubt that this institution that you speak of is either the military or the government, as the time period of which such acts would revolve upon would fall within the time period of the Dark Harvest - of which, I am sure you are well aquainted. The Church is still a creditable candidate, and I am sure a certain... Cardinal... may be of use towards us. However, the likelihood of this young man mere being given an offer by the Church to analyze supernatural beings instead of exterminating them? That is certainly odd behavior for the Church..."

Lady Mary Elizabeth, suspecting a third party aligned or unrelated towards the Church, was quickly thrown off her train of thought as Mortimer spoke once again.

“Cephas ain’t really the guy ya’ll should be kidnappin’ and interrogatin’. Cephas is officially diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorduh, and he ain’t doin’ that stuff no more. You’re gone get him committed if you and the forces’a Hell keep comin’ aftuh him.”

Staring at Mortimer for a mere minute before transitioning towards Cephas, Mary let out a long sigh as she sat back in her chair, almost indulging in the softness of the piece of furniture as she gave her reply.

"Cephas, was it? Does matter. It is cruel to ask anything more of him, and anything else would certainly be of questionable credibility towards the Commonwealth. You seem to have more knowledge upon the situation, although I highly doubt much would come of you except vague responses and paradoxes to lead us within circles. You are excused from this humble tea party to leave for your homes, the Scarlet Guard will escort you." Mary said, waving them off as they headed towards the door.

However, before they stepped out of the grand double doors of the estate, Lady Mary Elizabeth gave one last statement.

"As for these 'forces of Hell', it is not so. It is merely the North Landers and the South Landers, waging war upon each other as they have done centuries before, perhaps not openly, but a convert war that plagues both nations. Nay, not a war, a Crusade of sorts one may better say. Should you wonder how this 'Crusade' originated, and the suffering it has brought upon your peoples, perhaps you should look more upon some South Land missionaries who travelled towards the North Lands many centuries ago. Know of their prosecutions towards the North Lands, their crimes, and their hopeless plight as they were driven into the sea. 'Tis why you were here today, know of that, if nothing else."

Mary Elizabeth yawned rather softly, almost cutely, one could say. Thinking it was time to turn in towards her chambers for an afternoon nap, the young girl turned towards the Scarlet Guard as she was aided by Miss Nightingale towards her room.

"See to it that a group of Scarlet Guards are sent to greet Cardinal Jason Isafella upon my behalf tomorrow morning." The young girl yawned again, "Also see to it that Mister Cephas and Mister Mortimer are searched thoroughly for any devices before allowing them to leave the estate, 'tis all."

Walking towards her chambers, holding Miss Nightingale's hand, the young girl passed a group of Turtleshroomian militiamen who had been sent to serve another tedious, long, story-filled shift with High Priestess Lang. Passing the militiamen, they could only see a young tired girl, seemingly harmless, innocent, adorable, and well-mannered, although if they were to know the true extent of her evils and her goals, they would probably see her just as much as a demon as they saw the Great Wolf of the North Lands.

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:04 pm

{OOC: Your reply will be given tomorrow. I forgot to mention that Cephas, like any TurtleShroomer worth anything to anyone, would say "thank you" every time he got his tea refilled, even if he was afraid for his life. He would also say "please" and "ma'am", etc. etc. .}

{OOC: Also, TurtleShroomers using wiretap devices is fairly new. I'm actually soon to employ an old tactic I set aside back in the Gibet era!}

:D
Last edited by TurtleShroom on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:38 pm

NATIONSTATES

Comrade Commisar wrote:"Erm, while myself and Lady Norah are considered sisters within the House, it is not of blood. Myself and Lady Norah are quite close, so close in fact, some consider ourselves to be one of another.

Cephas was certainly not relieved, though Mortimer was, thankful this wasn’t the sister of that monster he had to watch… at least by blood. The thought that Norah of the North was raising this child and unquestionably corrupting and ruining her disgusted the tortoise, who frowned deeply as she explained that to him, feeling an overwhelming sense of pity and sorrow for Mary, who was certain to grow up to be a beautiful woman.

Mortimer had always found puberty strange, like most chelonians did, unable to grasp why human females weren’t simply born with their breasts and their “womanly shape” and whatever else mattered to their obsessive minds, except in miniature.
God gave that gift to turtles and tortoises, but apparently, humans weren’t so lucky.

Mortimer’s mind drifted elsewhere as he wondered the reasoning behind humans having to sinfully envy and mourn other humans that develop and mature in a more aesthetically pleasing manner, and why, for some reason, the better looking females got favors and advances in society that others didn’t.

Cephas had calmed down as Mortimer’s train of thought took him away from this spoiled demon seed of a child, but he was stopped when Mary addressed him directly to finish Cephas’ freak-out. He obliged, but Mary clearly wasn’t pleased.

Comrade Commisar wrote:"You are very vague, almost as if you have repeated those words time and time again, perfecting your statement." The young girl inferred, somewhat startling Mortimer, "I doubt that this institution that you speak of is either the military or the government, as the time period of which such acts would revolve upon would fall within the time period of the Dark Harvest - of which, I am sure you are well acquainted. The Church is still a creditable candidate, and I am sure a certain... Cardinal... may be of use towards us. However, the likelihood of this young man mere being given an offer by the Church to analyze supernatural beings instead of exterminating them? That is certainly odd behavior for the Church..."

Mortimer’s eyes widened, but he tried to keep his poker face. Being a wrinkly reptile helped him to try and mask his emotions, but his eyes and the fact that he had raised his neck up to look at Mary better, in surprise. Mary could tell he was defending the Cardinal she had mentioned, and smirked, knowing she had baited the gullible TurtleShroomer with efficient blackmail.
She was aware, possibly through Kilthorne, or somehow, that the Catholic Church in TurtleShroom was not bound or connected to an accompanying papacy, ever since the death of their last recognized Pope (whose nomination, if Mary recalled correctly, was attended by Jason). Without a Pope, the TS Catholics couldn’t appoint new cardinals if one was “picked off”. –and without Cardinals, new bishops, priests, and the like weren’t going to be appointed with ease, and that would freeze that Church in its tracks, for years even, as it struggles to find an authority representing enough of the Church to find a Pope.

Since all the Cardinals in TS’ Rite seemed to be honorary, because only humans could be true Cardinals, it seemed there was a potential for a power vacuum in the TurtleShroomer Catholic Church if Jason Icfella, who was the National Cardinal, died.
Mary analyzed this as she listened to Mortimer.

“Now hold on! Yer very reasonin’ behind the Church studyin’ a vampire and a demon, creatures they are commanded to drive out and fight spiritual war with, the former ta kill, the latter to subdue, ain’t that enough to conclude that they can not be the drivin’ party behind spying on my best friend? The Church would be sinning greatly to study the creatures directly instead of readin’ up in the Bible or askin’ around.
You must agree, it’s somethin’ the gov’ment did.”

He paused.

“No one told me what part of the gov’ment had funded Cephas’ adventures. In fact, I never even saw a gov’ment spah in the first place, much less establishing contact. Even if I wanted to, I couldn’t give you somethin’ that would actually help track down the groups responsible. Ya’ll know what ‘plausible deniability’ is, right?”

Again, Mortimer was telling the truth. Cephas was always the one that phoned in and reported to the institutions he was paid by. Mortimer, who witnessed and certainly knew Cephas was doing it, never saw the government officials or talked to them!
TurtleShroom’s “spies don’t lie” policy had easy workarounds and fixes.

Fearing that Mary was going to go after Jason Icfella next, Mortimer pleaded as the Scarlet Guardsmen moved to pick him up. Cephas had already stood up, having long been rendered too timid to fight back.

“Please, don’t haunt His Eminence. He’s one of the last surviving top gov’nment officials, and the only Catholic Church cleric, that has the capacity to do such a vital job in the Executive Cabinet. If he fell apart, so would the Catholic Church of TurtleShroom.
-and he’s just a kid, though he is certainly far older than you. He got his ordination at seventeen and his appointment after his participation in the Papal Conclave. He’s just now twenty and has just barely started to even grow facial hair or begin puberty. He’s hyperactive and very clumsy over his own two feet, and he’s never hurt a fly, much less spied or attacked something. He’s a sterling example of a good-hearted, peaceful Christian and would never order somethin’ like that. Please… please leave him alone.”

Mary had listened, but didn’t give an immediate answer, but instead, a threat.

Comrade Commisar wrote:"As for these 'forces of Hell', it is not so. It is merely the North Landers and the South Landers, waging war upon each other as they have done centuries before, perhaps not openly, but a convert war that plagues both nations. Nay, not a war, a Crusade of sorts one may better say. Should you wonder how this 'Crusade' originated, and the suffering it has brought upon your peoples, perhaps you should look more upon some South Land missionaries who traveled towards the North Lands many centuries ago. Know of their prosecutions towards the North Lands, their crimes, and their hopeless plight as they were driven into the sea. 'Tis why you were here today, know of that, if nothing else."

Mortimer glared, and even Cephas crossed his arms, though he didn’t show much else in the way of displeasure.

“I’d say a ‘lotta things about persecutin’ and what you call ‘crimes’ by ancient, possibly pre-TurtleShroomian missionaries- apparently turned martyrs in your land -but I ain’t dumb enough ta do it in front of someone that clearly wants me dead and Cephas in the funny farm.”

The two were led out and quietly secured to be sent home. No one was aware that Mortimer was prepared to initiate massive legal action against the CC Litlin estate for chloroforming, kidnapping, and threatening not only himself and his best friend, but the Spiritual Advisor of TurtleShroom. The tortoise was bitter as he was searched and prodded, inside and outside of his shell and all over, including inside himself, for stealth wiretaps and bugs, but both of them were found spotlessly clean.
They were.

Mary had tuckered herself out shortly after, and had exited the briefing room.

Comrade Commisar wrote:Walking towards her chambers, holding Miss Nightingale's hand, the young girl passed a group of TurtleShroomian militiamen who had been sent to serve another tedious, long, story-filled shift with High Priestess Lang. Passing the militiamen, they could only see a young tired girl, seemingly harmless, innocent, adorable, and well-mannered, although if they were to know the true extent of her evils and her goals, they would probably see her just as much as a demon as they saw the Great Wolf of the North Lands.

“Such a sweet child.” a mushroom said, as Mary smiled innocently at him and the others, waving to them cutely as she headed down the hall.

“’Gotta love them Asian kids.” a turtle militiaman responded, who also happened to have a generic nine millimeter caliber pistol strapped to his shell, with the mechanical firing mechanism at his jaw, ready for use.

“Ain’t just the Asians. I just like human kids in general. They’re so nice in this country. Apparently, this place knows how to raise ‘em nice.” replied the mushroom, fiddling with his denoted camouflage colored sash and the weapons holstered onto his stem by a belt. (He was otherwise dressed plainclothes, as a civilian militiaman.)

A human shot a traditional friendly gesture consisting of an extended index finger and thumb (an “L” shape) towards the girl, and she smiled faintly, aware of its warm intent, turning down the hall to what was probably a bedroom.
She put up with other humans and TurtleShroomer creatures rubbing her hair or shaking her hand politely or tipping their hats, extending the usual courtesies they would to children.

An Artillery Mushroom, who had been pacing the halls but was, much to his chagrin, forbidden to enter any room, even floated over and opened the door for Mary as she finally went to her bedroom.

“Sleep well, Miss Mary.” the mushroom said, having done this time and time again. He was hoping they could be friends when he was off duty, and he looked forward to talking to her again before bedtime, as had become his custom. Mary seemed to enjoy it.

-but for now, he had a job to do. Checking his large, double sashes of large hollow-point machine gun munitions which formed a “X” over himself, and looking to each of the huge machine guns and smaller pistols, rifles, and revolvers on his person for any flaws, he continued his silent patrol, passing one other mushroom from time to time.
Maybe he’d actually patrol the entire house this time. There were a lot of hallways.

Unaware to everyone in the building, though, and right above the study hall Cephas, Mary, and Mortimer had confronted each other, the quiet sound of a crank ceased and a cassette tape clicked off. A turtle, draped in black and accompanied by a suitcase full of tools and gizmos that looked many decades obsolete, smiled to himself. A jetpack was laid to his left, a large supply of non-persihable food to his right, and a hurricane lamp filled with kerosene burnt peacefully behind him.

He was comfortable nestled in, well, a nest of insulation that he had called home for many months now. Surrounding him were stacks and stacks of cassette tapes. This stalking little turtle was from the legitimate, government aspect of the TSSSS, and had been hiding in the rafters since the building was constructed. He was, as he had been since the construction of the building, sealed in there to spy on everyone.

He had crawled over the wires, ducts, vents, beams, and barriers all across this story of the Litlin Estate, where the “business” was often conducted.
Most of his tapes were nothing but idle banter and useless trivia and opinions, but he got a gem from time to time. This time, in particular, was special.

He’d have to wait until mid-January before this data-laden tape could get out of the mansion, when the background-checked and screened repairman came to inspect the luxury goods in the mansion, such as the LCD television that picked up one hundred channels, or the Windows Seven computer that had all the latest imported games that wouldn’t be on TurtleShroomer shelves for years, and were cleaned through the Board of Censors on hire at their expense to beat the market, or that fancy-shmancy CD and cassette and radio combination doodle these wealthy sneaks indulged in.

The Aashinian conspirators had expected to just buy these luxuries anywhere, and were sorely disappointed when they had to place import orders at exorbitant prices. To top that, a college-educated electrical genius had to be hired for the estate, because the homeland didn’t provide a butler or maid that knew how to fix these suckers, yet, and he charged big because the items he fixed were so amazingly rare and coveted in a nation where specialized adapters had to be invented to be even remotely compatible with the creaky infrastructure in this banana republic of a backwater country.

The repairman had been approached by the TSSSS and given twice his salary to also climb up into that story’s attic to receive the tapes from the spy tortoise, easily excusing it as (necessarily and actually needing to) checking the complex wiring and specialty technology used to make it compatible.

The experiment had huge results, but much of the useful items were vague and hard to pin, so it would take months of surveillance to even get one conviction. Hours and hours to tapes from all over the house would not convince a court, arguing in front of a highly competent Aashinian law shark and a judge in a court unaware of Litlin because of the secrecy of the operation.

“This is a high gem.” mused the spy, but sadly, he placed it on the “good pile” as it filled, and nestled in to rest before he heads off to another lead acquired by all the little taps in the ceiling and lighting fixtures he had painstakingly installed. (By Februrary, he hoped to have three quarters of the house done!)

“No normal courthouse is gone buy a kid] conspiring such capital crimes.” he thought of how much all of these sleazeballs had done, and shook his head.

”Just needs more tapes. Just needs more tapes.”

With that, he pulled his head into his shell and covered everything in insulation, quietly thinking about how he was going to miss yet another holiday: Christmas.
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

Comrade Commisar
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Comrade Commisar » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:14 pm

Eagles Mansion Estate,
Litlin, Turtleshroom

Next morning, Mary had awoken from her slumber, rather dissapointed she had slept the whole day away. She had not forgotten the information of which Mortimer provided for her, taking that into account as she laid in the state of half-sleeping awareness upon her bed. He had revealed that some agency or institution of the government was supposedly behind their opperations, and although she was weary of his words, his concern for the Cardinal of the Catholic Church was fairly legitimate as far as she could tell. However, Lady Mary Elizabeth had been given the opportunity to dismantle the entire Catholic Church in Turtleshroom, something that she and Lady Norah had been striving for, and now that the chance presented itself, she simply could not pass it away.

Getting off of her bed, her blonde hair was clearly messy from her long night's sleep. Chanting some words, her hair slowly arranged itself back towards its proper from from the previous night, a useful magic spell that Norah had taught her in her youth. Opening her drawer, she searched rather contently for something within the piles of combs, make-up, and other womanly essentials. Finding what she had been looking for, she tucked it away safely within her small pouch, smiling as she made her final preparations for the day. Grabbing a small beret from the top of the drawer, she placed it upon her soft, silky hair, supposely a deterent against those militiamen - although of whom were kind - sometimes had a knack for tangling her hair into rather irritating knots. Running towards her door, the young girl breathed heavily, mastering her facade of adorableness as an actor mastered his scripts, stepping outside of her room to the interiors of the mansion.

Meanwhile, two Scarlet Guards walked down the hallways, talking about recent events that had transpired. The two, just happening to be the ones who had lifted tea yesterday afternoon, were rather chatty, often leaning in and out of subjects quite often.

"Did you hear Joshua? Apparently, we're heading off to some lovely Cathedral in Jonesboro. Exciting, innit?" Spoke one of the Scarlet Guards, rather excited the whole ordeal, "I'm rather excited to see one of these Churches down in Turtleshroom. Although, if I remember right, said Cathedral is Catholic, and Anglicans and Catholics have something 'gainst each other, right? Golly, I wonder if they be having those same rousing speeches as Judge Minister Executioner Kilthorne..."

"Goodness, Carlyle! Do you ever shut that mouth of yours? It's bad enough I'm starting to think there is some kind of creature within the ventilation. The Guard Physician states that it is upon account of my Tinnitus, although I think it may have something to do with a certain someone..." Joshua scolded Carlyle, returning to their patrol rather irritatedly, "...In any case, Minister Kilthorne is all fire and brimstone, and the Anglicans and Catholics are both faithful towards the Lord and Providence, are they not? We are simply headed for the Cathedral in Jonesboro to ask the Cardinal some questions, that is all. For now, we have to collect Lieutanent Ashburn from his depressive sulking long enough to head for Jonesboro and back, understood?"

"Aye..." Carlyle stated softly, "... isn't Ashburn the mate who attempted to convince the Litlin Council...?"

Joshua stared at Carlyle coldly, returning back towards his forward face as he rounded the long halls towards the dinning hall. Entering the double doors of the large dinning hall, both of the Scarlet Guard stared at the table as their Lieutanent sat looking above many a documents, holding his forehead in frustration as he looked at nowhere in particular, weary eyed. Noticing the presense of the two guards in the room, Ashburn turned around slowly, the Lieutanent obviously disheartened over something dear towards him. Speaking softly, the Lieutanent was faintly heard by the two men in the very same room, much less anyone else nearby.

"... and what dost bring thou good men uponst thine presense?" Lieutanent Ashburn said, smiling a rather grim smile, "Providence, perhaps? Or some mortally calling of which thou endulge in?"

"Lady Mary Elizabeth wishes us to head off for Jonesboro, Lieutanent Ashburn. She wishes of you, of us, to attend Church." Joshua stated, "Perhaps a calling of Providence, indeed."

"Ha. Lieutanent is an address of which I am unfit, good man, William will suffice. Following my rather unsuccessful ventures and propositions within the Council of Litlin, I am slightly demoraled, but not as much so as these many good men within the South. I shall be fine, shall I not? Providence worry upon thine men fighting as martyrs against an unholy foe, not an insignificant commoner as myself." The Lieutanent stated, puting on his tricorne, "I think it by time I confess my sins now, dost thou agree? A visit towards the Lord's house shall do my spirit well."

"Sometimes, I believe you are too holy for this world, sir." Stated Carlyle.

"Nay, good man. 'Tis folk like me who live their lives with a type of graced endowed by Providence to aid others. Perhaps foolish, but ever noble." The Lieutanent smiled as he walked down the hallway towards the main entrance, "Come, let us bathe within the good graces of our Lord."

Jonesboro, Turtleshroom

"'Tis a ghost town..." Joshua stated, standing in formation with roughly two dozen more Scarlet Guards, "... the populace has fled, and nothing remains but the empty husks of brick, mortar, and stone."

"Would make a good setting for an epic, would it not?" Smiled Ashburn, standing within light of the Grand Cathedral, "Alas, I have faith that Providence hast not lead us hither for nothing."

Knocking upon the doors of the Cathedral, there was but no answer. Knocking once more, the Scarlet Guard stared silently as the whistling of wind could be heard in the distance.

"I think Providence has lead us here for nothing." Remarked Carlyle, the other Scarlet Guard in agreement before the doors of the Cathedral opened, the group standing in absolute silence as a fairly young man stepped outside.

He was dressed in brilliant scarlet vestments with an unorthodox yellow zucchetto on his head and a yellow stole, and an exceptionally bejeweled pectoral cross that put rappers to shame. Stepping forward to greet his guests of sorts, the young man nearly fell over, the Scarlet Guard jumping forth in a rather simutanious motion to catch the young man before he hit the ground. Aftering recovering from his near meeting of face with concrete, Lieutanent William Ashburn kneeled down in a rather unorthodox fashion, taking off his tricorne in the process.

"Your Eminence, I assume that thou is the Holy Cardinal Jason Icfella of Turtleshroom? It is an honor to be within the presense of one so close towards Providence, Your Eminence, allow me to introduce myself as William Ashburn of the Commonwealth." Ashburn stated, being a rather religious man, "I know that thou is the Cardinal of Catholicism, and that I be a member of the Anglican Church, however, we are all the same within the eyes of our Heavenly Father, are we not? Please, may you preach us His good word and endow us with your blessings, Holy Cardinal."

Some of the Scarlet Guard coughed, not nearly as religious or devoted as the Lieutanent, who had sat down upon each and everyone of Minister Kilthorne's sermons. When it came upon the ideologies of God, Glory, and the Commonwealth, well, William Ashburn took the position of God.

"Ahem. I apologize for Lieutanent Ashburn's behavior, sir--"

"His Eminence." Ashburn stated, interrupting Joshua, who was speaking on behalf of Lady Mary Elizabeth.

"Apologies. 'Your Eminence'." Joshua spoke rather sarcastically, "We, upon the behalf of the Commonweath, would like to ask you some questions. If that fairs well with you?"

One could feel Cardinal Jason Icfella tense slightly upon the request asked of him, but as a good man himself, accepted politely with Turtleshroom repuatable kindness.

"Aye." Joshua nodded in confirmation, "Say it true, what be the status of the Church within these harsh times?"

The Cardinal, hesitating for a minute, responded truthfully. Ashburn, who was gripping upon every word emitted by the man, seemed rather devoted towards the cause of the Church, even if it wasn't his own.

"Aye, Your Eminence. Say, what be the word of Providence within this day?" Asked Joshua calmly.

Likewise, the Cardinal was rather starting to loosen up, seemingly lightening up towards these men who surely wished to merely aid the Church... or so it was implied.

"Aye, Cardinal. Surely, you are somewhat knowledgable upon Minister Kilthorne, are you not? What say you of the only good Minister within the other side of the pond?" Questioned Joshua, the Cardinal answering truthfully once again.

"Aye. Now, Cardinal, I ask you a question of which may be very tough to answer, but answer with your most honest judgement." Joshua said solemnly, Icfella rather content about the questioning at this point, "What be your knowledge uponst the Church and its involvement with the Commonwealth? What be the institutions under the Church, and the organizations affiliated with that may be enemies of the Commonwealth? What be the enemies of the House of Lords that may be allied with the Church, and what enemies be lurking that plot against that of Lady Mary Elizabeth, Lady Norah, Lady Red, and that of the House? Answer, truthfully, Cardinal, I beg of you."

The Cardinal's heart dropped at that question, a complete one-hundred eighty degree turn from what the original questions set. Jason Icfella stared at the Scarlet Guard, many holding their rifles tightly, as they would never take aim at a holy member of the clergy - although nothing said otherwise if cooperation was not likely. William Ashburn was taken back as well, demanding what madness that these men had decended onto, only to be challenged by Joshua who had received direct order from Mary Elizabeth - a man of whom Commonwealth and Glory stood before God. Only mere feet away from each other, the stand-off could quickly turn into a splashing of blood, even with the mere shot of the Commonwealth rifles. Ashburn and Joshua, both staring at Icfella, waited for his answer, of which would possibly determine the fate of this dire event.

Somewhere, someplace, one could almost hear the giggles of Mary Elizabeth and Lady Norah...

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:14 pm

NATIONSTATES

East of Capitol Land and southwest of the Federal Bureaucracy Board towers, at the city limits of Jonesboro, stood the famous Cathedral of Oakwood.

{OOC: The hills behind it don't actually exist. It's the best picture I had outside of a true screenshot.}

Erected in 1919 as the first Catholic Church and first cathedral in TurtleShroom, it was originally just a diosce with four bishops and a priest that ministered alternating between it and the one other Catholic church in the country at that time.

As Catholic Christianity began to expand over the years, the Cathedral had been designated the national seat of the denomination and was ultimately promoted to the National Cathedral for TurtleShroom, with the blessings of the Pope of the time in 1954. The first Cardinal and Honorary Cardinal, a human and a turtle, respectively, were invested at their Holy See and assigned to command the massive flocks that had formed in merely forty years.

The Cathedral has been unchanged since 1919, with the sole exceptions of electrification and installation of indoor plumbing in 1965 and 1979, respectively.

It occupied the center of a seventy five acre plot of land, mostly consisting of sprawling parking lots with preserved sections of jungle for decoration, with some Christian icons and statuettes scattered in the vicinity. This was primarily because the attendance was normally massive, but was also because the cathedral maintained miles of Catacombs that snaked under this area.

Comrade Commisar wrote:Knocking upon the doors of the Cathedral, there was but no answer. Knocking once more, the Scarlet Guard stared silently as the whistling of wind could be heard in the distance.

"I think Providence has lead us here for nothing." Remarked Carlyle, the other Scarlet Guard in agreement before the doors of the Cathedral opened, the group standing in absolute silence as a fairly young man stepped outside.

The majestic doors were bulletproof, and made of solid oak and adorned with door knockers made of pure gold and silver, the left one shaped like a mushroom, the right one shaped like a turtle. The turtle had his claws stretched out and held a golden cross that would be used to knock with, and, likewise, the mushroom had a silver rendition of the Rosary for the same purpose. They were at least four feet thick and took many men to open. A welcome mat spanning the entire door set, at least fifteen feet long horizontally, read “GOD BLESS ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE” in Latin, English, and Hebrew.

As the guards idled in wait, the doors simultaneously cracked open and menacingly swerved inside with a deafening sound that any imposing castle door is supposed to do, shaking the stone Cathedral ever so slightly as they came to a stop. A few crows and several multicolored jungle parrots that had nested in the belfries above them cawed and chirped loudly at the disturbance before falling quiet. One dropped its load on a Guardsman that wasn’t William, who would find his tricorne soaked in a huge mass of parrot poop. Fortunately, he didn’t notice.

Jason Icfella stepped outside after several mushrooms, humans, and turtles could be barely seen peeking out from both the interior of the Cathedral and from the towers, alcoves, and belfries in the building. They were checking for danger. One of the Guardsmen also noticed the long guns of two snipers in each of the front belltowers, armed heavily and probably there to fight off a potential C’Tani attack.

After an embarrassing stumble, the good Cardinal made his way out the the Guardsmen, whom he recognized as being from the Aashinian Commissariat of Comrade Commissar.

Lieutanent William Ashburn kneeled down in a rather unorthodox fashion, taking off his tricorne in the process.

Comrade Commisar wrote:"Your Eminence, I assume that thou is the Holy Cardinal Jason Icfella of Turtleshroom? It is an honor to be within the presense of one so close towards Providence, Your Eminence, allow me to introduce myself as William Ashburn of the Commonwealth." Ashburn stated, being a rather religious man, "I know that thou are the Cardinal of Catholicism, and that I be a member of the Anglican Church, however, we are all the same within the eyes of our Heavenly Father, are we not? Please, may you preach us His good word and endow us with your blessings, Holy Cardinal."

Jason was astonished to see any Comrade Commissariat respect a Christian cleric, much less kneel before him and try and kiss his rings. TurtleShroom’s Catholic Rite forbade that, seeing it as idolatry, so he instead gave the gentleman a firm handshake and lifted him up to the standing position.

Struggling to find words for such an odd display, the good Cardinal finally managed to speak.

”…I am honored to finally see a man from Comrade Commissar be so respectful to me, and by proxy, to the Church. –and yes, brother, I have always seen denominations as preferences of men, though I never understood why a church founded on an evil man who couldn’t take ‘you can’t divorce that woman’ for an answer stood at all.”

The group looked at each other, then back to the Cardinal. Ashburn smiled in respect.

Comrade Commisar wrote:Ahem. I apologize for Lieutanent Ashburn's behavior, sir--"

"His Eminence." Ashburn stated, interrupting Joshua, who was speaking on behalf of Lady Mary Elizabeth.

"Apologies. 'Your Eminence'." Joshua spoke rather sarcastically, "We, upon the behalf of the Commonweath, would like to ask you some questions. If that fairs well with you?"

One could feel Cardinal Jason Icfella tense slightly upon the request asked of him, but as a good man himself, accepted politely with Turtleshroom repuatable kindness.

"Aye." Joshua nodded in confirmation, "Say it true, what be the status of the Church within these harsh times?"

Jason sighed deeply.

“This Cathedral, where I also live, has had about a dozen in attendance, on and off, since the war. We usually have thousands, so that’s one thing. With the government running out of money and the lack of a budget for nearly a full fiscal year, the Southern Baptist Church is holding on to her Religion and Spirituality dividends and is very shy about spreading it to my denomination and other denominations, afraid they may cease receiving subsidies ever again, so, for the first time since Catholics made their way here, we are totally unsubsidized. Only our Baptist brethren directly receive the money, and they normally selflessly hand it to other Christians.
The Baptists are continuing their efforts with their state money, so that is a positive thing in reaching the widows, orphans, and poor, the prisoners of wars’ relatives, and so on. We’re receiving trickles from more generous churches, but all in all, we’re alone.
That isn’t to say we’re going under, but maintenance and our local ministries, along with foreign missionaries, are scaled back without all that money.”

He shook his head.

“The Church is independent of the government, only receiving money from taxpayers. As a private institution, we are more than capable of surviving on our own, and will continue to advance God’s Kingdom, with our without state money backing us.
Christendom is the driving force behind TurtleShroom. We are the reason the entire government hasn’t fallen apart: church leaders have encouraged the people to have faith. As an example, I’ve directed those under me to instruct their flocks that Romans Thirteen still applies, even if God is unleashing His Wrath in times of war. By and far, the response has been overwhelmingly positive, but I’ve also warned my subordinates that if this war can’t end soon, we might have to reconsider if God’s Hand is still with this government.”

Comrade Commisar wrote:“Say, what be the word of Providence within this day?" Asked Joshua, calmly.

“For matters I don’t really need explain, I am actually not in charge of delivering sermons and preaching, nor leading the Mass, on most Sundays. It’s being hashed out in the backrooms, but right now, I’m on a purely administrative function.”

Jason did not want to inform anyone that he didn’t have to that he was a de facto Lay Cardinal, having only been ordained a deacon as a teenager to be eligible, because of his zeal, minutes before he was to be a TurtleShroomer Catholic Cardinal.
He smiled.

“-but I try to keep in tune with the Father as to what He wills. Don’t take my word as gospel, but I feel that the Lord is punishing TurtleShroom for her wickedness in trying to wipe out the hawses, evil as they may be, and that He is, in His infinite grace and mercy, keeping the C’Tan from winning the war so that we can Sue for Peace. The only thing stopping that is mankind’s- and the turtles’ and mushrooms’ –infinite capacity for stupidity. I pray that we can resolve this by Christmastime… -but I think the war is actually going to end in early 2013.”

Comrade Commisar wrote:"Aye, Cardinal. Surely, you are somewhat knowledgeable upon Minister Kilthorne, are you not? What say you of the only good Minister within the other side of the pond?" questioned Joshua, the Cardinal answering truthfully once again.

Likewise, the Cardinal was rather starting to loosen up, seemingly lightening up towards these men who surely wished to merely aid the Church... or so it was implied.

Jason smiled and clasped his hands together, feeling far more at ease at this heartfelt gesture of diplomacy from Aashinia.

“Well, the Gulf of Dipper is hardly a pond, brother!” he said warmly, brushing his scene hairstyle out of his eyeglasses and behind his ear, it having finally come undone from all this nodding and smiling.

“-but actually, no. I have been often told of a hanging judge in your country before, though I didn’t know his name until now. I’ve heard differing things on him. For example, I once heard a fleeting whisper from a missionary committee member. The man claimed Kilthorne was a ‘hanging judge’ that would have been elected to a high TurtleShroomer court for his passion for justice and his huge use of the death penalty. To which I say, ‘right on’.
Other arguments have sprung up about his origins. Some tell me he’s Oriental, others white. I’m not really sure, either, as to if he was from your Commissariat or a transferred court-martial from Tsao. Of course, the angle of one’s eyes and a mere question of birth doesn’t obscure that he is one of the most neutral, effective, unbribable, and impartial agents of the judiciary in his nation. He is exactly what TurtleShroom expects and elects in a judge, and hey, I’ve heard that some jurist societies say he deserves a medal.
Why do you ask of him?”

The soldiers didn’t respond, moving on to a controversy.

Comrade Commisar wrote:"Aye. Now, Cardinal, I ask you a question of which may be very tough to answer, but answer with your most honest judgment." Joshua said solemnly, Icfella rather content about the questioning at this point, "What be your knowledge uponst the Church and its involvement with the Commonwealth?”

Jason cocked his head to the side and thought.

“Like all of TurtleShroom, the Catholic Church has a fierce and active mission field in Comrade Commissar. We have provided funds, aid, and clergymen for the planting of Catholic dioceses throughout your land, with minor success. The biggest success is actually from our Baptist brothers and sisters, who have reported to their Convention a record fifty thousand conversions since All Hallows’ Eve. We share this data, and are relevant to assume that there are five hundred thousand more Baptists and seven thousand more Catholics in the Aashinian Commissariat thanks to the Lord’s Hand through our noble missionaries. Your Anglican denomination has been very welcoming of fellow Protestants. However, they have resisted us from opening across the street, so we’re going into more broad areas.
However, there is still much to do. Aashinia, for example, is a death trap for Christians, and we’re racking up martyrs by the thousands. Bless their souls… we’ve lost about six thousand believers of TurtleShroomer and Commissariat origin since TurtleShroom entered the Steele Pact.
We are also mobilizing anti-corruption efforts in your state. Sadly, I think that is what is causing the extreme martyrdom. Aashinia and corruption seem to be joined at the hip. Your federal government- Comrade Commissar as a whole –has world records in corruption! It’d take full war to drain your swamps. We are willing and able to engage in that, and soul by soul, opinion by opinion, the forces of God will outdo the forces of Satan and greed in Comrade Commissar.”

Then, they dropped a bomb.

Comrade Commisar wrote:“What be the institutions under the Church, and the organizations affiliated with that may be enemies of the Commonwealth? What be the enemies of the House of Lords that may be allied with the Church, and what enemies be lurking that plot against that of Lady Mary Elizabeth, Lady Norah, Lady Red, and that of the House? Answer, truthfully, Cardinal, I beg of you."

“I can not speak publicly about our efforts against one of the mentioned parties. Therefore, I must veil the inquiry into secrecy.”

The Cardinal rubbed his glasses on his vestments and put them back into place. Leaning over to Ashburn and whispering nearly silently to his ear, Jason spoke.

“For aversion of an international incident, I shall disclose to you, Lieutenant Ashburn, what unclassified data I deem fit to share. So sir, if you would enter the Cathedral, I’ll talk to you alone. These men with you, for merely mentioning a certain name, can not be trusted, for their hearts clearly.”

The Cardinal rose to his normal height- slightly shorter than the tallest Guardsman -and stepped back to the threshold of the Cathedral, where he had previously been standing.

“I will disclose what I can to Lieutenant Ashburn alone, if Lieutenant Ashburn agrees to enter the Cathedral. He will not be harmed in any way.”
Last edited by TurtleShroom on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

Comrade Commisar
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Comrade Commisar » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:11 pm

Cathedral of Oakwood,
Jonesboro, Turtleshroom

The Scarlet Guard were relieved to have a fairly civil talk with the Cardinal Icfella, although it was Lieutanent Ashburn who followed his every word as Gospel. Comparitively, the Lieutanent was one of the most believing Christians within the Commonwealth, unmovable in his beliefs, uncorruptable. Very well liked in his leadership, the Lieutanent was also one of the most compassionate, not forcing his beliefs upon his men as other people in his position would, but instead asking them to attend a single sermon by Minister Kilthorne. He would issue biscuits and tea during the Christmas season, sneaking the goods along supply lines for his troops, devoted Christians or not. Honestly, it was unknown why the man was so devoted, and why he had been incredibly gracious in his deeds, however, he was rewarded with the unquestioning loyalty of his men - something that was the prize of any military officer.

Standing outside the quite beautiful cathedral, the Scarlet Guard listened quietly as the good Cardinal addressed their concerns.

"The Baptists are continuing their efforts with their state money, so that is a positive thing in reaching the widows, orphans, and poor, the prisoners of wars’ relatives, and so on. We’re receiving trickles from more generous churches, but all in all, we’re alone.That isn’t to say we’re going under, but maintenance and our local ministries, along with foreign missionaries, are scaled back without all that money."

"It may not be of my role to preach, but hard currency be merely tools of mortal content, Your Eminence, the good of faith need no such things should they wish to be truly content within their livelihoods." Ashburn reassured happily, "I shall see towards it that currency be not of your woes, Your Eminence Icfella. The Commonwealth has been blessed with the good graces of the Lord, I see no reason as to not share our great wealth with those who are in need."

“The Church is independent of the government, only receiving money from taxpayers. As a private institution, we are more than capable of surviving on our own, and will continue to advance God’s Kingdom, with our without state money backing us."

"Alas, that is more of the spirit!" Ashburn laughed, "What say you, men?"

Lieutanent Ashburn was met with odd stares as he continued laughing, while his men were loyal towards him, there said nothing of them thinking he was a normal fellow. Continuing with the inquiries of the Scarlet Guard, Icfella continued voicing himself, with Ashburn listening to every word as a child listens to a grandfather.

"Don’t take my word as gospel, but I feel that the Lord is punishing TurtleShroom for her wickedness in trying to wipe out the hawses, evil as they may be, and that He is, in His infinite grace and mercy, keeping the C’Tan from winning the war so that we can Sue for Peace. The only thing stopping that is mankind’s- and the turtles’ and mushrooms’ –infinite capacity for stupidity. I pray that we can resolve this by Christmastime… -but I think the war is actually going to end in early 2013.”

"Aye, Your Eminence! We can only but hope for a come to war's end upon the edges of Christmas Eve. But Alas, if the good Lord finds that we have all not learned upon the basis of his punishments and sees fit to continue the war in order to convey his wisdom to the masses, we must find fit to accept His will." Ashburn stated, quite calmly towards the Cardinal.

"... seems kind of cruel to teach a lesson in blood, aye? Least it'll stick." Joked Joshua, continuing on with the questioning.

“Well, the Gulf of Dipper is hardly a pond, brother!” he said warmly, brushing his scene hairstyle out of his eyeglasses and behind his ear, it having finally come undone from all this nodding and smiling."

"Aye! But alas, a Gulf is merely an extended pond, Good Cardinal!" Joked Ashburn as well, laughing greatly as he was met with more stares from his men.

"I have been often told of a hanging judge in your country before, though I didn’t know his name until now. I’ve heard differing things on him. For example, I once heard a fleeting whisper from a missionary committee member. The man claimed Kilthorne was a ‘hanging judge’ that would have been elected to a high TurtleShroomer court for his passion for justice and his huge use of the death penalty. To which I say, ‘right on’."

"Hanging n' shooting judge, aye." Replied Carlyle kindly, soon becoming quiet after a cold stare from Joshua.

"Other arguments have sprung up about his origins. Some tell me he’s Oriental, others white. I’m not really sure, either, as to if he was from your Commissariat or a transferred court-martial from Tsao. Of course, the angle of one’s eyes and a mere question of birth doesn’t obscure that he is one of the most neutral, effective, unbribable, and impartial agents of the judiciary in his nation. He is exactly what TurtleShroom expects and elects in a judge, and hey, I’ve heard that some jurist societies say he deserves a medal."

Of course, Ashburn was quick to add upon the Cardinal's inquiries.

"Good Minister Kilthorne is undoubtly Caucasian, Your Eminence! He certainly not be one of the many peoples from the Tsao, for he be one of the many founders of the Commonwealth alongside Lord Reginald and Lady Red. Not only dost he be a Judge, but also a good man of the clergy, as well as a brilliant physician! Why, he possess so many chore within the Commonwealth that he may very well be running the Commonwealth himself! Alas, he is one of the Commonwealth's finest, Your Eminence. May I hope for you two to meet one day, Good Cardinal." Lieutanent Ashburn stated, as he was quite a devoted follower of Kilthorne's sermons.

"Alas, Fire and Brimstone. Alas, more Puritan than Anglican." Noted Joshua, who was rather distainful of the praise of Kilthorne, who he felt was rather forceful with his application of religion.

The questioning continued, moving on towards the more touchy issue of Christianity and the Commonwealth.

"We are also mobilizing anti-corruption efforts in your state. Sadly, I think that is what is causing the extreme martyrdom. Aashinia and corruption seem to be joined at the hip. Your federal government- Comrade Commissar as a whole –has world records in corruption! It’d take full war to drain your swamps. We are willing and able to engage in that, and soul by soul, opinion by opinion, the forces of God will outdo the forces of Satan and greed in Comrade Commissar.”

"Corruption, good man?" Ashburn said, chin in hand, "Why, I cannot recall an instance of corruption throughout our good Christian Commonwealth."

"You've never been within the capital, have you?" Laughed Joshua, who was well familier with the differences between the Aristocratic and Corporate Branches of the Commonwealth.

"Nay, I hath not been. However, I am reassured that this corruption is not as terrible as you say, for the Commonwealth is a civilizated country, and certainly the banes of corruption and sin cannot breach through the spirit of which is so loyal to God?" Ashburn questioned, eventually shaking his head and coming towards his own conclusions, "This devil of which lurks within the shadows of the Commonwealth must be of pagan doing, of which I believe of which is that of the Yue Peoples. While I wish no harm of them, I do honestly wish that they discover the graces of the Lord within all due time."

"Let's move on." Stated Joshua, bringing the discussion towards the true topic at hand, of which the Cardinal was greatly unwilling to answer openly.

“I can not speak publicly about our efforts against one of the mentioned parties. Therefore, I must veil the inquiry into secrecy.”

Leaning towards Lieutanent Ashburn's ear, he whispered some words, of which the Scarlet Guard looked rather puzzled, but agreed towards the terms. Looking towards his men with his hands folded in front of him, the Lieutanent gave his stance upon the matter in a rather joking fashion.

"I see no harm in entering the house of the Lord, dost you, men?" Ashburn smiled, walking forward towards Sergeant Joshua, "Worry not, good man, I shall place responsibility of the platoon within your capable hands. Should I enter an Anglican and return a Catholic, you by all means have right to shoot me down where I stand."

"Sir, with all due respect, I'm Catholic." Joshua replied, rather unamused at Ashburn's joke.

"I merely jest, good man. 'Tis alright to relief one's tension with a mere jest, do you not agree?" The Lieutanent said, turning around and following the Cardinal inside, "I shall not be long, take care as to not bicker amongst one another within that time!"

"A'iight, sir." The Sergeant stated, "Don't take long, though, I don't like staying out in the open within a ghost town..."

Having his men take a rest, the newly empowered Joshua sat down amongst his good friend Corporal Carlyle, who was inspecting his tricorne thoroughly.

"Bloody pigeon laid its droppings upon my head, it did!" Carlyle exclaimed, "I ought to shoot 'em down from there nests right now!"

"They're parrots, and maybe later, Carlyle." Joshua stated, looking at the Cathedral, "It seems odd that the Cardinal would keep Christians out of a house of God, doesn't it, Carlyle?"

"Aye, seems mighty suspicious, a'iight." Carlyle noted, "What do you think they're doing in'ere?"

"I don't know, but I have right to believe that the Cardinal is conspiring against the Commonwealth..." Joshua stated, looking up at the towers of the Cathedral, "Let's have ourselves a walk around, Carlyle, you count the number of people of guns you see in the towers, alcoves, niches, everything. I think I'll have a look around for anything to help me listen in on their little conversation..."

"Right." Carlyle said, standing up with Joshua to walk around the Cathedral and observe.

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:11 pm

The doors were shut, and a worried Cardinal had the Aashinian naive soldier by the hand as he yanked him past the sanctuary, then the choir loft and the stage, and into the back halls, where the hum of the air conditioning and the artificial lights slowly faded into silent darkness.

They descended a small incline as Jason fumbled in the darkness for an older stone door, and pushed it open, leading Ashburn in. When they both entered, the sound of the door slamming shut was heard. The Cardinal quietly took an ordinary kitchen lighter and pulled its trigger, lighting several candles on the walls before illuminating a lantern on a desk, revealing the room. The lights gave the luster that any electrified light could give off, provided the flames didn't go out.

The room was very similar to the bedroom in an abbey, though somewhat more modern. A single twin bed was in the corner with white satin covers, a dresser was at its foot headboard, and across from that, an old-fashioned desk where the lantern sat. A simplistic wooden chair sat there, as did some tanks of kerosene near the door, with some matches sealed to keep accidents from happening.
The only really modern item was a smoke detector plasted to the masonry, its little red light clearly visible in darkness and light.

Ashburn instinctively felt at the door and tugged it, seeing it was locked. They were somewhere in the back of the cathedral. They were probably about two feet into the soil here and within walking distance of the electricity and air conditioning of the non-employee/cleric zone. It was just a spare room. Ashburn was unnerved that he was essentially locked in here with the most powerful Catholic in TurtleShroom. Harkening to the problems of Anglicans and Catholics, he was suspicious.

"Now, you're probably asking why you've been taken to the back of Oakwood Cathedral and led into an old study." Jason said darkly, an uncharacteristically grim and serious look on his normally gleeful face. His light voice had been carried into a hoarse whisper.

His long hair had settled over his right eye again, but this time, he did nothing to fix it. The scene look could be minorly intimidating. The faint glow of the candles illuminated the lower half of Jason's face as he began to speak. His glasses shimmered in the darkness and obscured his eyes completely, giving him a classic anime-esque effect when bespectacled characters smirked and were up to no good. Of course, Jason wasn't smiling.

"We know that Norah of the North is an unholy demon. Her wicked cheating and 'Scarlet Sky' attacks can not be penetrated by even the purest prayers of the believing masses. While she can't strike us directly, it's easy for her and her immense power to use others around her to attack. She doesn't need to strike us to strike us down. Norah of the North was a vampire who surrendered her bloodthirsty immortality for a deal with Satan himself, and now she collects souls to further her covenant with the Prince of Darkness.
She seeks to destroy Christianity because we did what God commanded us to do to demons. Jesus Himself mentioned that some demons can only be exorcised with prayer, while others need literal confrontation. We have been exhausting our abilities in monitoring this monster when she haunts our lands.
So strong is Norah that she kills and curses the ground she steps on, like one big Devil's Tramping Ground. She takes life and will take yours. She is an enemy to all good and must be delivered back to the depths of Hell."

The flickering lights from the candles kept the ominous look going as the young Cardinal continued his out-of-character seriousness.

"Our theologists tremble at the thought of Norah. We have deduced that she was not an initial fallen angel that sided with Satan, nor is she one of the 'angels held in chains until judgement' described in the Bible. We feel she was either once a human or nekomimi mortal that has become immortal first by consent to a vampire and then to selling her soul for Satan, or is an evil or unclean spirit that swapped from neutral to Satanic in the spiritual war of beyond. Whatever her origins, she seems to want to become the third demon in line for Satan, under Beezelbub, and, essentially, have the very powers of Hell itself under control.
She seeks domination in the spirit world and the afterlife. She has some Judeo-Christian connection, because our studies have confirmed that she is unable to directly possess, harm, or strike a Christian. Instead, she prefers to cause fire to rain from the heavens, or simply to use mortal death weapons, such as guns or clubs.
She can't enter a church's grounds or cross over a graveyard. She seems affected by traditional demon repellants, but we aren't entirely sure what.
Her vampiric lineage is weak to spices, to garlic, and pumpkins, making her a lesser vampire, but her dealings with raw evil have made her a Vampire Lord instead, the kind that Midieval Europe knew could take someone out without becoming a mortal form. As a Vampire Lord, Norah has erased the weaknesses of her vampiric lineage, leaaving only the sun and a stake through her heart as a vulnerability, and EVEN THAT is a long shot, because she can feed off of evil as much as blood. She is the most powerful supernatural demon in TurtleShroomer knowledge, and we are mobilizing every effort to guard our people from her.
She was sighted in the southwest at the fringes of rainforest and swampland by TurtleShroomer military and spies. She wants to kill us and she is hiding behind the Aashinian government, using them, using you, to advance her goals to kill Christendom.
Everything we have researched leads to this goal. She's playing us all."

Jason sighed.

"The only problem is that we have no idea who she's using the most. Your Aristocrats and the mob are both under her control. In fact, everything in Aashinia is hers, pretty much. Her web of schemes are so complex and byzantine that we can't even begin to predict who she will strike next, where, or with whom, but we have reason to think that the Litlin interactions are having a hand."

{OOC: Jason erronourously seems to believe that Norah is using everyone equally. He has no idea as to any of her plans, but he knows Norah is at work and that Norah is using Aashinia. He doesn't know she's with the Yue or about her protege, Mary. Exploit these gaps to your advantage.}

Jason looked to Ashburn seriously.

"What I have told you, Lieutenant, is not to leave this room. The poe-lease are in cooperation with this and are protecting this consecrated building. You saw them in the belfries. They're crawling this place. -and they have copies of their copies of what we're saying. I trust you with this information, but your people, I do not. I have told what I can. If you leak this out to the wrong hands, you will die, not at the hands of TurtleShroom, but because Norah would know that you know too much. She wants to kill you and anything that stands in her way."

The door was opened a short time later. The drama Jason had helped create was snuffed out as he snuffed out the candles, because the Cardinal nearly fell over as he reached to blow all the lights out.

"Lieutenant Ashburn, the seeds of the Resistance against Norah must start small. You are pure, pious, and noble, untainted by the wickedness and insanity of your own state. You need to use your power to organize a coup d'etat before it's too late. I fear your top brass and the mobs in the Corporate department are already on Norah's payroll. In fact, I think you and that Judge you talked about might be all that's really left.
Norah has you all by the throat."

Jason led the Leiutenant back up to the sacntuary and to the grand doors. He faced Ashburn and nodded as the entrance creaked open.

"God rest you, merry gentleman."

Ashburn exited the Cathedral and the door slammed shut. Jason was definitely not coming out a second time. Another parrot unloaded itself on one of the waiting Aashinians as Ashburn rejoined them.
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

Comrade Commisar
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Comrade Commisar » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:58 pm

Jonesboro, Turtleshroom

Lieutanent Ashburn, although unnerved by the small passage towards the hidden room of which Cardinal Icfella wished to meet, was compliant. The walk was a long one, through darkness and the unknown, but alas, Ashburn had been in much more frightening situations than this during his time within the Scarlet Guard. Entering some secluded room within the cathedral, Ashburn was slightly curious as to why such a room was so far and secretive was within the Church and as to why they were being taken there for mere conversation of one of the House of Lord's nobles, but he took no mind as he looked upon that of the Cardinal. However, Cardinal Icfella, seeming to read the man's expression, explained nevertheless.

"Now, you're probably asking why you've been taken to the back of Oakwood Cathedral and led into an old study."

The Asahinan Lieutanent, leaning against the wall, turned to face Icfella to acknowledge that statement. However, upon seeing the Cardinal's face, barely lit by the glow of candle light, hair upon his eye, and unsmiling, Ashburn became rather unsettled. The Cardinal's words took that of mere whisper, as if he were worried that something or someone may hear of it, even within the secluded halls of the cathedral. Most unsettling, indeed.

"We know that Norah of the North is an unholy demon. Her wicked cheating and 'Scarlet Sky' attacks can not be penetrated by even the purest prayers of the believing masses. While she can't strike us directly, it's easy for her and her immense power to use others around her to attack. She doesn't need to strike us to strike us down. Norah of the North was a vampire who surrendered her bloodthirsty immortality for a deal with Satan himself, and now she collects souls to further her covenant with the Prince of Darkness."

Lieutanent Ashburn raised an eyebrow.

"'Norah of the North'? As in address of Lady Norah Scarlet of the House of Lords? Your Eminence, with all due pardon, I must believe you surely jest." The Lieutanent said, shaking his head, "Why, the House of Lords has been ordained by our Lord and Savior! I cannot understand why a noble of the House would attempt to make contract with that of the Devil Lucifer. What would be their objective? The Holy Father has already endowed us the many riches and wealth that man could desire, what would be it that she seek...?"

Alas, Icfella had the answer to that too.

"She seeks to destroy Christianity because we did what God commanded us to do to demons. Jesus Himself mentioned that some demons can only be exorcised with prayer, while others need literal confrontation. We have been exhausting our abilities in monitoring this monster when she haunts our lands."

"She seek to bring destruction to Christianity? Surely, you jest!" The Lieutanent was awe-stricken, slowly regaining his composition, "Ahem, pardon my expression of shock. So, if she dost seek the destruction of Christianity, we speak of a powerful being uponst this battlefield of holy proportions. That said, how strengthened dost thou believe Lady Norah to be?"

Like clockwork, Cardinal Icfella replied in queue.

"So strong is Norah that she kills and curses the ground she steps on, like one big Devil's Tramping Ground. She takes life and will take yours. She is an enemy to all good and must be delivered back to the depths of Hell."

Lieutanent Ashburn simply could not believe what he was hearing. A noble, ordained by God, fallen servant towards the Devil and the demon spawn of hell? It just could not be so, it just simply could not be so. However, the Cardinal not only spoke of a noble falling prey towards the dark allure of hell, but becoming that of a powerful demon that suck the life from those within its presense? Nonsense! It could not be so! It must be jest, aye, 'tis jest!

But alas, the Cardinal's stotic expression, coupled with the various factors of his being at this very moment, spoke otherwise at the Lieutanent - this was a deathly serious affair. Lieutanent Ashburn's heart sank deeper and deeper as Cardinal Icfella explained the many inquiries the Church had uponst Lady Norah and that of her sinful ambitions, one could almost see the fear and sadness in his eyes as the Cardinal explained how the noblewoman sought to destroy Christianity whole-heartedly, whether it be through demonic or mortal methods. There was a horrid pain that burdened itself upon his chest as Ashburn questioned whether what he had been taught of the House of Lords was either true, or that of a lie - a complete fabrication. Alas, the finals words of Icfella's explanation were what hit the Lieutanent hardest...

"She wants to kill us and she is hiding behind the Aashinian government, using them, using you, to advance her goals to kill Christendom. Everything we have researched leads to this goal. She's playing us all."

The Scarlet Guard Lieutanent merely shook his head, not willing to believe it, but finding no evidence that a Cardinal of the Church would tell a lie of that proportion. So many questions raced through his mind, so many inquiries of which were to go unanswered. What was the reason for the destruction of Christianity? For what purpose dost it serve? Was she hiding behind the Commonwealth, or was she that of the Commonwealth? Perhaps this was the true purpose of the Commonwealth, to bring an end to Christianity? Or was there some larger, more dastardly goal behind it? Ashburn wanted to scream out his woes towards the world, but alas, it would most likely fall upon deafen ears.

Cardinal Icfella continued, although the man he spoke to was not of that who had entered this chamber, but rather, a grimmer man.

"The only problem is that we have no idea who she's using the most. Your Aristocrats and the mob are both under her control. In fact, everything in Aashinia is hers, pretty much. Her web of schemes are so complex and byzantine that we can't even begin to predict who she will strike next, where, or with whom, but we have reason to think that the Litlin interactions are having a hand."

The Lieutanent did not respond this time, rather, he looked upon the stone floor in deep thought - in deep despair.

"What I have told you, Lieutenant, is not to leave this room. The poe-lease are in cooperation with this and are protecting this consecrated building. You saw them in the belfries. They're crawling this place. -and they have copies of their copies of what we're saying. I trust you with this information, but your people, I do not. I have told what I can. If you leak this out to the wrong hands, you will die, not at the hands of TurtleShroom, but because Norah would know that you know too much. She wants to kill you and anything that stands in her way."

Lieutanent Ashburn continued to stare at the floor in thought as Cardinal Icfella snuffed out the candles in the room, one-by-one, seemingly returning towards his normal being - although, the scars he had inflicted upon the Lieutanent remained.

Looking up, the Lieutanent stared the Cardinal in the eye as they were about to take their leave.

"Alas Your Eminence, what would you have me, a lowly Lieutanent, do within the face of Lucifer and that of his minions? Of a greater evil than what can be mortally perceived?" The Lieutanent smiled grimly, attempting to regain his composition, "Surely, powder and shot shall not suffice within this holy battlefield?"

"Lieutenant Ashburn, the seeds of the Resistance against Norah must start small. You are pure, pious, and noble, untainted by the wickedness and insanity of your own state. You need to use your power to organize a coup d'etat before it's too late. I fear your top brass and the mobs in the Corporate department are already on Norah's payroll. In fact, I think you and that Judge you talked about might be all that's really left. Norah has you all by the throat."

Ashburn's smile faded away at those words. Was the Cardinal advocating coup d'etat? Advocating treason? Asking William Ashburn, a lowly Lieutanent within the Scarlet Guard, but only twenty-seven years aged, to draw his saber against that of the Commonwealth? T'was he asking that the Lieutanent stand forth, and raise arms against the peoples who hath been as generous and as kind to accept this man into their loving, gentle arms? This... this couldn't be so.

Guiding the Lieutanent outside, the Cardinal bid Ashburn his farewells and blessings as the great doors of the cathedral shut with a significant thud, causing the fowl upon the many trees surrounding the great building to take flight and release their... droppings...

The Lieutanent, returning towards his men, was met with the fairly casual behavior of which he had become familar. Sergeant Joshua, standing forth with Corporal Carlyle, bowed ever slightly, greeting the Lieutanent with fairly warm welcome.

"I bid everything went well, Lieutanent." Joshua stated, dumping the bird droppings from his tricorne upon Carlyle's open head, "Did the Cardinal have anything to say of Lady Norah or the Commonwealth?"

"Aye!" Carlyle said, wiping off all the bird droppings with a rag, "Did you become Catholic? Because you did say if you became Catholic we had permission to shoot you..."

"O, His Eminence had naught but praise to sing of the Commonwealth!" Lieutanent Ashburn yelled within a happy facade, lying through his teeth, "'Tis but many gracious comments he had uponst the Commonwealth. The House of Lords? Lady Norah? He had said nothing but blessing and goodwill! Quite the kind man, he is. And alas, nay, I am still the proud Anglican man I once was, perhaps with a little more insight uponst that of the Catholic Church, 'tis all."

Sergeant Joshua and Corporal Carlyle stared at each other, finding it awkward that this was the same Lieutanent that was weeping in his chambers earlier that morning - perhaps Church did him a little too well.

"Well then, I believe that concludes our business in Jonesboro, then." Joshua said, gathering the rest of the guard, "Let's make way back to Litlin. The emptiness of this place makes me uneasy."

"Aye! And the pigeons!" Shouted Carlyle, who was immediately smacked in the face with a rifle butt as Joshua corrected him upon the species of bird.

"Yes, let's make away." The Lieutanent said, looking at the backs of his men as they exited the sanctuary that was the Cathedral grounds.

Viewing the rather light-heartedness of his men and contemplating what Cardinal Icfella told him, Lieutanent Ashburn asked himself whilst deep within thought;

'...are these the people that are really aligned with the devil...? Are they really those that attempt to purge these lands of Christianity...?'

[OOC: Apologies if this remains inconsistant or inaccurate in some areas. I was really stressed when I wrote this, and I constantly lost my train of thought. Please tell me if there is anything that needs address.]

Comrade Commisar
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Comrade Commisar » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:09 am

Litlin, Turtleshroom

Returning towards the City of Litlin, tired and wary, Lieutanent Ashburn and his men were ready for a good day's meal and a good night's rest. However, upon approaching the gates of the Eagles Mansion Estate, he could see that it would not be so.

In front of the gates of the estate stood a large group of Scarlet Guards, Khek Khanate Sepoys, and Hessians. In the middle of them, a Scarlet Guard colonel argued with a Turtleshroomian repairman, who had been aparently scheduled to inspect the electric wires within the attic of the estate.

"... you're not stepping one foot inside that manor, you disgusting piece of filth. Now, get off this estate." Spoke the Colonel, who tended to have a very rash accent, "I do not give a care if you've been scheduled to repair a wire, a television, or even some poor sod's teeth - you're not stepping foot inside that manor, unless it is over my dead body."

There was more arguing as the repairman attempted to talk his way into the mansion, digging through his belongings for some kind of notice that he was supposed to be there. The Scarlet Guard Colonel on the other hand, grabbed a rifle from one of his fellows and bit off the end of a paper cartridge, loading the rifle as quick as he could to put a hole in that blasted repairman. Eventually, between the repairman fetching his papers and the colonel loading the rifle, the colonel won, pointing the rifle in the repairman's face as he began running off hastily, scattering the contents of his pack about.

Lieutanent Ashburn, rushing towards the colonel and pushing the rifle up into the air, looked within the eyes of the man with a deadly seriousness.

"What goes on here?!" The Lieutanent yelled, the Colonel prying the rifle out of Ashburn's hand, the shot unfired.

"Lieutanent William Ashburn. Pleasure to meet you, once again. I was only having mere game with that filthy savage, 'tis all." The Colonel said, handing the rifle back, "Although I must say, there is not much sport in shooting such a helpless target."

Lieutanent Ashburn squinted with an acute rage, not liking the Scarlet Guard Colonel opposite towards him. T'was that of Colonel Aaron Sharpe, a ruthless, sadistic former Scarlet Guard turned blood-thirsty mercenary. His mercenary band, known as 'Sharpe's Raiders', were one of the most horrid mercenaries under Commonwealth employment, killing militant and civilian alike - but not before horribly torturing the poor souls until the brink of death if possible. Alas, when Sharpe was within the Scarlet Guard, his attitude towards war did not fair well with Ashburn, and the two were known to get into many disagreements. Eventually, the two were reassigned towards different companies, but nonetheless, retained their mutual hate for one another.

"What affairs dost thou have here, Sharpe? I hath heard much of your dreaded mercenary band and what they do, so why are you here and not within the employment of some dictator in some wretched country?" The Lieutanent said, angered, "Tell me! Are you merely here to harrass the good men of Litlin? Perhaps turning sour upon even your already unhonorable ways and merely robbing these citizens of their wealth?"

"It's good to see that the little white knight of the Scarlet Guard is still chivalrous in his endeavors. Perhaps all that time running around and helping little old ladies has rotted your brain along with your tongue!" Sharpe said, grabbing Ashburn by the collar, "Listen well, William. The Commonwealth South Tea Company has officially taken juristiction of all Commonwealth operations upon the Southern Territories of the Gulf, and obviously, the savages here in the South have trouble in their blood. So, the Company hires people like me to sort out these barbaric rabble, and likewise, we get the job done that others are too cowardly or stupid to do."

Sharpe looked Ashburn in the eye, harboring a great resentment towards Turtleshroomers and Ashburn.

"Long tales aside, the Company has placed me in command of the Scarlet Guards of Litlin, which means I'm in command of you." The Colonel said, pushing away the Lieutanent, "I know how you like to sit upon the fence, William, but you're going to have to choose a side eventually - and if you don't choose right, I'll be willing to slaughter you myself. 'Good day', Lieutanent."

Colonel Sharpe, walking away with his mercenary band, left the rather irritated Ashburn to his own ventures. The Lieutanent, walking upon the slight incline towards the Eagles Estate, was met with the caring eyes of one of the militiamen, who had faced the brunt of Colonel Sharpe earlier and felt the Lieutanent's pains. Ashburn, merely shaking his head, made his way towards the kitchen as his platoon made their way towards the dinning room for a well-earned dinner.

Walking within the kitchen, the Lieutanent could see Miss Nightingale - the head maid - preparing some vegetables to be placed within the vegetable and meat stew that was on menu for tonight. Closing the heavy wooden double doors, the Lieutanent leaned casually against the counter, placing his rifle aside upon the side of one of the many cabinets. Miss Nightingale, peering out of the side of her eye for a slight second, continued to keep cutting vegetables.

"How fair you, Lieutanent Ashburn? Do you request of anything?" The white-haired maid asked quietly, "Dinner shall be ready within a few minutes should you be hungry, although, if you wish, you may pour yourself some stew early."

"Nay, Miss Nightingale, I only wish to make conversation towards someone who hath earned my fullest trust." The Lieutanent said, taking off his tricorne, "Hath Colonel Sharpe harrass you any, my good lady? I know the man is a ruthless lot, and I wish to know if he hath inflicted any wounds upon thou."

"Nay, my skin remains as pale as the day I was an orphan in the North Lands." Nightingale said, putting some vegetables in the stew, "I cannot say the same of the South Land Militiamen, though. Colonel Sharpe has a way with words, and his tongue is as sharp as his saber. He has intimidated a good number of them, speaking his tales of torture and sadistic death - certainly very graphic in nature. I fear for their mental being."

Lieutanent Ashburn shook his head, appauled by Sharpe's lack of morality.

"I witnessed the Colonel harrassing a repairman upon the gates of the estate, eventually attempting to threaten the man with shot, although he did not fire his rifle. Dost thou know what the reason he did not ignite the powder and sent shot afar?" The Lieutanent questioned, "T'was because 'there was not much sport'. What kind of sadistic man says such things? Honestly, I cannot stand the man. It's a wonder how he succeeded within the Scarlet Guard as much as he did."

"It is a mystery of which we may never know of. However, as long as Colonel Sharpe is within charge of the many Scarlet Guards within Litlin, it is not of our affairs to question his leadership." The maid said, throwing seemingly random amounts of spice and seasonings within the stew, "His actions may certainly be questionable, and whatever morality he possesses within his soul may be blackened towards the point of no return, but alas, we are but servants of the House of Lords - and if it is their will for such a man to lead, then what authority do we have to question of it?"

"What a rather grim mentality you possesseth, Miss Nightingale. With all due pardon, I asketh how dost thou continue to labor so intensively with such thoughts?" Lieutanent Ashburn remarked, smiling as he shook his head at the thoughtless loyalty of the head maid.

Miss Nightingale, leaving the stew to cook for a small while, sat down with the Lieutanent upon the small kitchen island in the middle of the room. Sitting across from the Scarlet Guard, the head maid answered his question in a rather semi-ambiguous light, where one could make so many different interperatations of her reply. Alas, such did not come as much as a surprise towards the Lieutanent, for he knew Miss Nightingale best, and as much as he could try, she had quite the unique method of speaking.

"They say that there are only but three reasons why any individual does any action within these territories, for either 'God, Glory, or the Commonwealth'. If I were to labor as much as I do for God, I would labor within the realm of the Church, or that of the Imperial Shrine. If I were to labor for Glory, I would join the ranks of the explorers and colonists, who sail across the seas to discover new lands. Alas, one can say that I work for the Commonwealth, but what composes of the Commonwealth? People such as yourself, Lieutanent Ashburn. Hence, one can say that I work solely for you, and that holds the most amount of truth towards your question." Nightingale said in a rather cryptic manner.

"Alas, thou labors for me, aye?" Ashburn said, shaking his head at such a thought.

However, that is when it reoccured to him, everything Cardinal Icfella had stated many hours prior. The tales of Lady Norah and her plots within the House of Lords, the conspiracy of which consumed the Commonwealth of Asahina itself, the darkness and corruption of sin which plagued the entirely of the Commonwealth. Shaking his head, the Lieutanent looked towards Miss Nightingale with a look of concern.

"Miss Nightingale, if thou truly labor for me, dost thou possesseth the ability to stay silent of rumor if I were to tell you a great secrecy?" The Lieutanent said, "Be this a sign of the greatest faith I place upon thy shoulders, shall you keep promise that this not reach the ears of those who do not need know?"

Nightingale merely nodded, not saying a single word, a sign that Ashburn knew to be her cryptic language for acknowledgement. Sighing a sigh of relief, Ashburn continued to tell the tale of Lady Norah, and repeat that of which Cardinal Icfella had stated towards him. The Cardinal had said to be wary of spreading this knowledge, for those whom he may tell it too may very well be the end of him. However, Lieutanent Ashburn was not telling this to any mere man, nay, he was telling it to that of a woman whom he had known for the longest time - of whom he had endowed his greatest trust. Alas, once Ashburn finished with his speech, Nightingale seemed rather... indifferent, much to the Lieutanent's surprise.

"Dost thou know the consequences of sharing what I hath told you?" Ashburn asked worriedly, concerned about her well being.

"Aye." Nightingale said, maintaining her stotic expression.

"Good. Allow not even silent lips to fall uponst deaf ears." Ashburn said, smiling slightly, "Should worst come to worst, I wish for you to seek safety and shelter within that of the Cathedral of Jonesboro under Cardinal Icfella. Please, bare my wish, Miss Nightingale, you mean more to me than you could possibly imagine - more than all the silver in the entire Commonwealth."

The Lieutanent continued in his speech.

"Miss Nightingale, uponst the first I laid eyes upon you, I thought it such that we were bound by the threads of life. That Providence had blessed us of good fortune, and that we were bounded to be at each other's side. For years, I hath toiled to stay by thou's side, content at the mere ability to work beside such beauty. When I was afar, upon the fields of battle, thoughts of you kept me strengthened, resilient to see the day which we may have met once more. I would accomplish any task requested of me to stay by your side, just as long as it meant me to be near you. Alas, I digress! O, Miss Nightingale, of which beautiful holds no bounds, I hold but one request! May I, William Ashburn, request thou's hand in marri--"

Ashburn was rather abruptly interrupted by a series of bowls filled with stew landing upon his arms, the Lieutanent struggling to keep them balanced. Looking at Miss Nightingale, who had placed much of the bowls of stew upon a cart for easy transport, merely looked at Ashburn with indifferent eyes.

"It's dinner time. If you wish to accomplish any task requested of you, then I request of you to aid me in serving the stew. Please take what you have and deliver it towards that of Lady Red, Lady Feng, Lady Mary Elizabeth, Sir Raleigh, and Mister Markovsky. I shall be serving the Scarlet Guard and the South Landers present." Nightingale said, pointing her finger at the Lieutanent, "There also happens to be a lone turtle within the attic for reasons of which are none of my concern, please serve him as well, if you would be as kind. If there is no such turtle when you arrive, merely leave the bowl out for him to collect. I find that he tends to be wary of me, although it is not of my charge to ask why. Well then, I shall take my leave now."

"Wait! I... Miss Nightingale... turtle?! What?! Please! Ah!" The Lieutanent groaned, balancing the bowls as he hopelessly watched the head maid roll away with her serving cart. Sighing heavily, the Lieutanent placed the bowls upon the kitchen counter, grabbing himself a serving tray to help carry the stew. Walking out of the kitchen and towards the locations requested of him, the Lieutanent could not help but feel so stupid as to try and hold emotional conversation with Miss Nightingale - something which he felt somewhat hopeless. Perhaps he could carry out conversation with that turtle... but alas, he knew deep down that such was pointless...

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:35 pm

The sun set over another winter day in Litlin as the temperatures plummeted from intolerable highs to the cool forties and fifties expected of arid climates.

The activity in the Eagles Estate remained bustling and calm, with some yelling and arguments between two nations coupled with some secretive drunks on the upper stories of the building breaking that peace from time to time. Wiretaps recorded idle conversations and spies cursed their luck on only getting the boring first floor.

The moon rose and soon everyone began to head to bed.

"So the blahnd girl turned and said 'and THAT would be what I'd shout if ah could actually see'! Oh, here, let me get that door for ya m'lady."

Lady Red was wearing another majestic, floor-length sleeveless dress and had been bored throughout the entire day, but less than bored, as an illness had begun. It came without warning a night or two ago, and was quick and painful. Diahrreah, no appetite, splitting headaches and fevers, and violent coughing had rendered her weak and nauseous throughout the past few days.

Lady Red had established herself as one of the greatest philantropists in TurtleShroom, and her bedroom was likewise covered in flowers and well-wishers cheering on a woman whom they saw as what Comrade Commissar could do when virtue was applied.

The mushroom talking to Lady Red was a doctor from a major hospital around Litlin, which was suspicious in that he just arrived shortly after it was reported that Lady Red had become ill. Likewise, TurtleShroomers constantly stepped back and turned from Lady Red, as if she was deathly contagious. The look of worry in their eyes was something seemingly older than time. Centuries of knowledge, it seemed, was in the heads of the scared TurtleShroomers, that apparently, the Aashinians didn't know.
There wasn't anything else suspicious, except that the mushroom apparently had a long black rod/pointer with a sharp tip at the end he carried with him.

"Now, ah checked ya vitals again, and yer fevuh's all high again, so we's gone lay down and rest. I'll be heeyuh and will get you some good pain and ache relievin' medicine. That's a comfy king-sized bed there. You must be real rich, m'lady."

Lady Red cooperated with the doctor and had come to very much respect his kindness and bedside manner. They had become acquaintances, though certainly not real friends or anything close. -but the mushroom doctor did like tucking her in at night.

"You're such a beautiful human, ya know that m'lady?" the doctor flattered, smiling warmly to his miserably sick paitient. "Ah'll pull up the covuhs nice n' tight like ya like 'em and get you some soup from that there maid."

The mushroom floated back from the bed as Lady Red snuggled up in a thick blanket of covers, shivering and desparately trying to keep warm. She coughed violently and made some sort of hawking sound from time to time. The mushroom wouldn't say it, but he was here because he suspected something awful when the calls were made about Lady Red.

He went downstairs to get the soup and ran into Nightingale, that maid.

"Good evenin', Miss Nightin'-gale."

The maid curtsied and responded in kind to the friendly burnt-orange mushroom. She had grown used to seeing the doctor, along with the other doctors that palled around in the strange black ambulance marked "QUARENTINE BIOHAZARD".
The mushroom made some idle talk and got to the knitty gritty after Nightingale uncharacteristically asked what everyone was thinking about in terms of the ambulance.

"Miss, that am'blance is there 'cause the folks at the hospital fear that sweet ol' Lady Red gots..... ahem... yersinis pestis."

The maid cocked an eyebrow.

"Did you ever hear the tales of the Black Death?"

Nightingale's eyes widened and she looked away at the mushroom and down the hall. Lady Red had gotten up and was rubbing her neck and her thigh in a most uncharacteristic demeanor.

"Yes. I think Lady Red has the bubonic plague. If the timeframe ya'll told us is right, huh? What's that?"

The mushroom turned to where Nightingale was looking.

"M'lady, why are you- OH SWEET MOTHER OF DINKLEBERG"

The mushroom rushed over and telekinetically yanked Lady Red's hand from around her neck, revealing what he had expected and also dreaded. What he had seen was a "buboes", which is a swolen, dark colored boil-like mess on the lymphnodes of a plague victim. His expression was filled with horror as he grabbed a nearby landline phone and dialed an extension calling out of the house.

"GET 'EM IN HERE STAT! I WAS RIGHT IT IS THE PLAGUE!"

The mushroom doctor grabbed Lady Red and pulled her into the bedroom. He promptly slammed the door shut and tried to explain to her what she had gotten herself into... -but it didn't work.
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:55 pm

It was about half a hour later that swarms of medical vehicles descended upon Eagles Estate. Large black ambulances reading "BLACK DEATH PREVENTION UNIT" in red letters jumped out and stormed the mansion. The entire estate had been put under lockdown as every single creature from every country, without exception, had been forced out by these horrifying armed personell.

The swarms of medicinal agents that jumped out of these vehicles were all dressed similarly. They were wearing long, heavy robed cloaks in black, with thick gloves used only for handling toxins. The cloak was sealed in every place except the bottom, though looking up a plague agent's cloak would reveal the very ugly hazmat suit it was created to conceal. The agents also wore intimidating masks that looked like a vulture's beak. These masks were, in fact, stylized gas masks used to prevent any form of pathogen from infecting them, and served the very modern purpose of protecting them. On their back were large tanks used to circulate clean air in their system. Each one of them was near a large assortment of medical supplies and cleaning products, and all of them were carrying long black pointer rods.

To any observer, it basically looked like a bunch of Old World plague doctors with scuba tanks on their backs had jumped out of more modern ambulances and were about to go midieval on the building. Indeed, these were disturbingly accurate costumes, though they in fact served an extremely modern and practical purpose. (The hat was to shield their hair, the beak served as a gas mask, and the cloak was used to conceal the bulky hazmat suit.)

The plague doctors- as laymen knew them -had already surrounded the building and had isolated everyone except Lady Red.

Several Aashinian authorities had gathered around the entrance of the mansion, where two mushrooms in plague doctor outfits (minus the hazmat suit, the air tank, and anything but the costume for obvious fungal reasons) held guns blocking the interested parties.

In the background, several creatures from TS and CC alike were being escourted into ambulances to be monitored in case the plague became airborne contagious. A helicopter in the distance began to grow louder.

The mushrooms intoned the same rehearsed speech as the chopper hovered over the mansion with the largest tarp anyone had ever seen.
"Lady Red has been isolated for yersinis pestis, or the bubonic plague. No one is allowed in or out of this building except Black Death Prevention Agents and those sterilized and suited up for entry and exit."

With that, the tarp was dropped and laid like an imposing, ominous pall over the building. The plague doctors were walking in and out of a plastic tunnel that served to prevent air from going in and out. Eagles Estate had also received several Hepa-filters installed on the windows near Lady Red, and large orange extension cords snaked from the ambulances and from the electrical transformer unit into the door, where they sprawled into the large bedroom where Lady Red was now sealed in. The entire building had been shut down. Even the lights were artificial, with not a single window exposed.

"This building is hereby QUARENTINED."
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:59 pm

As all of this went on, however, a strange man colored a midnight blue (literally) looked through the fence at the flashing lights, stunned Aashinians, and the swarms of plague doctors. He spoke into a walkie-talkie.

"Bomber One to Mother Hen come in... yes, that is correct. The Senate has stabbed Ceasar. I repeat, THE SENATE HAS STABBED CEASAR. You can begin phase two after you pay me. Over."

The man powered down the walkie-talkie and clicked his tongue. A large, well-fed rat with fur so clean it shone approached him.

"That'll do, rat. That'll do."

He stroked the rat as he gently laid it into a cage, smiling grimly as he called it by name; it was hard to believe that it had lethal fleas on it last Monday.
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

Kedri
Ambassador

Founded: May 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kedri » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:41 pm

OCC: what is the plot of this thread. The OP was too long mo offense.
Kedri is a nation of 18th century pirates who know water-bending. Throw in some steampunk, as well. Tech level is PT/FanT.
Kedrians abandon piracy and become a modernized country, founded by reformed criminals who forsook piracy and the citizens are descended from pirates, and still retain some of their heritage such as speech, accent, politics.

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:01 pm

Kedri wrote:OCC: what is the plot of this thread. The OP was too long mo offense.

{OOC: To sum it up, Comrade Commissar is doing some serious meddling within the TurtleShroomer City of Litlin. They have assumed control- lawfully and by fair contract -over most domestic services in the city. The story takes place in a large mansion where the CC ruler do their thing. A major character in Comrade Commissar has been infected by THAT Black Death of midieval fame.}
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

Kedri
Ambassador

Founded: May 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kedri » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:06 pm

Seth, a notorious pirate entered the mansion. The ambitious materialistic Kedrians sought to occupy Liltin as a starting point for regional imperialism.
Kedri is a nation of 18th century pirates who know water-bending. Throw in some steampunk, as well. Tech level is PT/FanT.
Kedrians abandon piracy and become a modernized country, founded by reformed criminals who forsook piracy and the citizens are descended from pirates, and still retain some of their heritage such as speech, accent, politics.

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:17 pm

Kedri wrote:Seth, a notorious pirate entered the mansion. The ambitious materialistic Kedrians sought to occupy Liltin as a starting point for regional imperialism.

{OOC: Uhh, Kedri? The mansion is closed off because of BUBONIC PLAGUE. You can't walk in there. I'd suggest taking Seth's quest to Foreign Adventure. Alternately, try it outside the gates of Litlin. You'd get to interact with Comrade Commissar Border Patrol goons.}
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

Comrade Commisar
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Comrade Commisar » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:59 am

Eagles Manor Estate, Litlin, Turtleshroom

The clacking quill to parchment, the noticable scent of tobacco, and the bright, buzzing electric light composed the atmosphere within the office of Sir Raleigh, attorney and member of the House of Lords. The man was always in his office, working away at some form of parchment throughout the greater day, apparent by the binders and stray sheets of parchment paper that laid sloppily within his office. Some suspected the man of being a shut-in, although the man had quite the darker complection that his Anglo-Saxxon counterparts. Others suspected him of being a Spaniard, but whatever the man was, he had a profession and he was insanely good at it.

Within the recent months, Sir Raleigh had been appointed to manage the Richards' case upon the behalf of the House of Lords, a job of which had taken up most of his time with parchment after parchment, document after document. Eventually, this had taken up so much of his spare time, that the man failed to notice much else. His conversations were tainted with a type of passive-aggressiveness, an attempt to indirectly tell those who were not going to help him write documents to shoo away off into the night. Likewise, that same tone could be heard tonight, as Sir Raleigh was discussing rather important matters with Colonel Sharpe - matter of which seemed too much like paranoia to be true.

"Sir, with all due respect, the Turtleshroomers are plotting aggression towards that of the Commonwealth." Sharpe said, seated across from the busy man, whom was tapping away with his quill, "My agents have informed me of such, and we can be rest assured that they shall strike tonight."

"Honestly, Colonel, I ask of you, 'hath you been drinking the water'? These Turtleshroomers are a backwards lot, and the chances of them establishing anything of the magnitude you are stating is almost rediculously paranoid." Raleigh said, not looking up from his work, "This manor is guarded by hundreds of Scarlet Guard, and the Turtleshroomers within it are watched constantly by roaming eyes - even they would not be as foolish as to commit such an open crime in the presense of a heavily armed populace. Honestly, Sharpe, do not drink the water in Turtleshroom - for goodness, and for your sakes."

Colonel Sharpe had been arguing for days with Sir Raleigh over the possibility of Turtleshroomian sabotage and conspiracy against the Commonwealth, although withholding minimal progress as the man rejected the notion that the Turtleshroomers were too barbarian and savage to organize such a conspiracy, whilst at the same time stating that they were also as intellegent as to not rush headlong into slaughter. Sharpe had maintained his position of such acts by the Turtleshroomers for days on end now, and each visit to the man was met with the same reaction each time.

"Sir, please consider the situation, the Turtleshroomers assault tonight, and anyone within this estate is a target of their wretched acts!" Sharpe proclaimed, "If you would just offer me an ear and five minutes of your time, I can prove of such. I assure you that you shall be quite stunned."

Putting his quill into the ink well, Sir Raleigh merely took off his reading glasses as he sat up to address the Scarlet Guard Colonel.

"Colonel Aaron Sharpe, we have been through this issue back and fro' this entire week, each day with the same result. Now, tell me, what shall you suppose I shall say this fine nigh--"

The Commonwealth attorney was interrupted by a rather loud, piercing scream in the distance.

TurtleShroom wrote:OH SWEET MOTHER OF DINKLEBERG"

Sharpe merely looked up and smiled, turning back towards Sir Raleigh and leaning in upon his desk.

"I suppose you shall say, 'Sharpe, you were absolutely correct'." The Colonel smiled wickedly.

"Maintain your patience, boy, we shall see soon enough." Raleigh stated, getting up from his desk and marching down the hall, Sharpe following close behind.

Stomping towards the general area where the scream had originated, Sir Raleigh immediately demanded to know what was going on. Many Scarlet Guards had replied that they had taken the same course as the Commonwealth attorney, and had ran forth to investigate the commotion. Likewise, Sir Raleigh waived the Scarlet Guard to investigate the area further, before turning towards the rather smug grin of Colonel Sharpe.

"What are you so cheery about?" Raleigh yelled.

"Oh, nothing too important." Sharpe said as he walked towards Nightingale, "Miss Nightingale, I suppose you would have no knowledge of what that scream we heard was in reaction to - would you?"

Nightingale, a rather silent and straight-forward woman, merely curtseyed and responded honestly to the Colonel.

"Plague." She spoke softly, "Lady Red has been inflicted with plague."

"Plague?!" Thundered Raleigh, "Impossible! You maintain the grounds yourself, Miss Nightingale, why were rats present here?!"

"Oh, tsk tsk. What a foolish man you are, Sir Raleigh, those barbarian Turtleshroomers pulled the bag right over your eyes." Colonel Sharpe laughed, "We are in the middle of the desert; where in the world would rodents exist, much less those bearing plague? And even so, with our servants who toil so much upon a daily basis, how would they not spot such pests and exterminate them? Nay sir, the rodents in question were brought by these third-world savages to engage in an act of biological warfare upon members of the House of Lords. Lady Red lives upon the corridor closest to the Turtleshroomian patrols, hence, she was struck first. Had I not been present beforehand, you would have probably been infected as well."

"Nevertheless, the attack against the Commonwealth has been enacted, within a few minutes, these barbarians shall have this building under quarentine. They shall have access to thousands of classified documents, effectively end the Richards' case as your work shall be burned 'for sanitation', and effectively render Commonwealth presense within Litlin null and void until Lady Mary von Eagles' return."

Sir Raleigh stood in disbelief.

"You were right, my goodness..." The Commonwealth attorney cleared his throat, looking towards Sharpe, "Many apologies for ever doubting you Sharpe, it appears I was mistaken after all. So, what shall our course of action become now?"

"Hmm, with Lady Red fallen ill and under influence of the Turtleshroomers, we shall need a new individual to maintain the Scarlet Guard of Litlin. Those barbarians shall seek to drive civilization awry and created disunity amongst us, so we require a strong leader until the return of Lady Mary Elizabeth." Sharpe stated, "Sir Raleigh, you are a member of the House of Lords, shall you not take leadership within these times of turmoil?"

"What? Impossible! I am just here to serve as an attorney for Lord Richards on behalf of the House of Lords, I am not the man to lead an entire army of soldiers to glory!" Raleigh stated, quickly turning to the Colonel, "Sharpe! Shall you not lead? You are a national hero, the Scarlet Guard shall follow you without question."

"Me? With all due respect, Sir Raleigh, I have not even been granted the authority to lead such a large massing of soldiers!" Sharpe said, feigning his surprise.

"Then I shall promote you! Right here, upon estate grounds in front of the entire Litlin detachment of the Scarlet Guard. General Sharpe, nay, 'Admiral' Sharpe! I shall bestow upon you the honorable title of Admiralty! If that is not enough, I shall endow you with the Governance of Litlin!" Sir Raleigh said, not wanting to be forced to reside in Turtleshroom due to the position of governor, "One hour! I shall prepare the ceremonies post-haste."

With those words, Sir Raleigh ran back towards his office to retrieve some items, whilst Colonel Sharpe merely shook his head and grinned.

"Well, as they say, 'God, Glory, and the Commonwealth'." Sharpe spoke smugly as he walked down the halls of the manor, viewing the turmoil of Scarlet Guards trying to halt the movement of the armed medical agents.

Meanwhile, upon the outside, High Priestess Feng was walking fairly contently down the outskirts of the Eagles Manor Estate. With quite the grin on her face and happily puffing away on a cigarette, the woman seemed relative oblivious towards the chaos and confusion of the manor. Walking into view of a rather awkward man, she merely smiled as she approached him at the gate, leaning upon the brick and iron bars as she made conversation with the man.

"Nice day, eh?" Feng said, exhaling a cloud of tobacco smoke, "Quite the nice day to enjoy the luxuries of tobacco, whilst you're in good health, am I correct?"

The High Priestess laughed, purposely dropping a small bag of silver coins behind her back before she shook her head and went on her way. To any normal bystander, such would have looked as if the woman had merely dropped her pouch upon accident, probably falling off her belt. The man, picking up the back, turned around to give it back to the woman - but seeing how she was happily puffing away upon tobacco - he supposed it could go to 'better uses'. Pocketting the currency, the man made off on his merry way, small cage in hand...

Comrade Commisar
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Comrade Commisar » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:45 pm

Within the hour, many Scarlet Guards were outside the manor, watching the building as it became almost infested with Turtleshroomian medical personel. Many more Scarlet Guards had also arrived to the manor from their respective posts throughout the city, many of them hearing rumor of sabotage and biological warfare. Of course, Lieutanent William Ashburn was one of those men who had been positioned outside amongst the Litlin wall garrison before being called back towards the manor.

Carrying a whale oil lantern in one hand as his rifle was strapped over his shoulder, the Scarlet Guard Lieutanent made his way towards a well known face to understand the situation that was occuring here; Head Servant Nightingale.

"An envoy came to the Northern Wall, shouting something of biological warfare, likewise, our unit was called forth to the manor. What goes on?" The Lieutanent said, eyeing the many massings of red uniforms and tricornes around the area, "It seems that quite a few garrisons have been called forth, half the night guard must be present."

"Ah, Lieutanent Ashburn, glad you could show. You have probably heard this by now, but there has been a biological attack upon members of the House of Lords." Colonel Sharpe said, walking forth with his mercenary Lieutanents at his side, "Your friendly neighborhood savages have been quite busy as of late, and I suppose that their suspicious actions and these horrofic events have no correlation, hm?"

"The Turtleshroomers hath naught commited such crimes, I can be certain. For what purpose would they have attacking those allied with them?" Ashburn stated irritatedly, "It might be Tsao revolutionaries from the Asian Coalition, attempting to weaken our post in Litlin so that we may become distracted of their actions."

"Oh no, William, I suppose that the Turtleshroomers are void of any influence upon this course of actions. How could I have been so mistaken as to blame a group of filthy savages who seek to undermine the Commonwealth at every turn?" Sharpe said, grabbing the Lieutanent's lantern and holding it up towards the tarp-draped manor, "Plague, William, that is what has infested our lovely manor upon this horrid night. What bears plague? Plague rats. I do not wish to end your feint ignorance, but I highly doubt that plague rats exist out in the middle of the sodding desert, and I highly doubt that those Tsao dogs are even willing to transport such through this horrid climate. For once, William, gather whatever two braincells you have within that heavily insulated skull of yours, and work this out for yourself. For goodness sake, ask that wench of yours, for even a servant knows better than you."

Lieutanent Ashburn took back his lantern, looking quite annoyed at the Scarlet Guard Colonel. Looking him in the eye, Ashburn spoke quite aggressively towards the man, something not even the bravest of heart attempted to do.

"Insult the Turtleshroomers all you wish, in fact, even insult my person all you wish. However, should you speak ill of Miss Nightingale, I shall have your tongue." The Lieutanent said, quite irritated, "Oh, I just had a thought; perhaps, this plague established itself upon a much larger rat, Sharpe."

"Well-well, perhaps a certain lieutanent is being quite traitorious in thought, and must be put down!" Sharpe yelled, the two reaching for their sabers before Sir Raleigh interrupted the two.

"Calm yourselves, boys. Now, you must offer Admiral Sharpe much more graditude, Lieutanent, for he is the one who notified me of this dastardly attack upon the Commonwealth before it could spread - this man lives up to this title of hero." Sir Raleigh said, looking at Sharpe, "These are times of despair, gentlemen, but alas, as long as civilization rests her wary head upon the bosom of the Commonwealth, there shall always be hope even within such dark times."

"With all due respect sir, I..." Ashburn paused, "...'Admiral' Sharpe?"

"If it eases your tongue, General or Governor, but as of now, Sharpe has been bestowed the honors of admiralty until the return of Lady Mary Elizabeth." Sir Raleigh said, asking Sharpe to walk with him, "The Scarlet Guard must be united under a strong and admirable leader, one who places the Commonwealth before all else, and one who shall not let the mischief of these barbarians influence his almighty hand in delivering civilization amongst the masses."

"Sir--"

"The Commonwealth must reign priority over all but civilization, William. Put down that white armor of your's, your peoples need you more so than these barbarians." Sharpe smiled.

Sir Raleigh and Colonel Sharpe stood upon the top of the gentle hill leading towards the covered estate, Sir Raleigh bearing ceremonial saber and cloth in one hand, with a lantern within the other. Sharpe, removing his flintlock and firing a shot into the night sky, calmed the mass of Scarlet Guards as the House of Lords' attorney began his speech.

"It comes with great despair, that today, the Commonwealth has been horridly and stealthily attacked by those against that of civilization. One of our own has fallen ill as of the current, and my best wishes go out upon her person." Raleigh stated, "However, the casualties of this horrid attack of biological proportions may have been much worse, had it naught been for one man - one hero - who notified me just in time to call forth the evacuation of the manor and the severe limitation of a disease that may have fallen dozens. A man, who has shown his valor and loyalty many times over, and has gained my trust; Colonel Aaron Sharpe."

"Colonel Sharpe notified me, roughly one hour prior, of this biological attack upon the Commonwealth. His actions have saved the lives of many, and has single-handedly preserved that of the Commonwealth within Litlin. Alas, Colonel Sharpe has earned his title of national hero, and alas, he has proven himself worthy of what shall come forth momentarily. For those of whom are unaware, Lady Red has been struck down by this most foul plague, and she is within no condition to maintain her duties in governing the city. Therefore, using my power as a member of the House of Lords, with permission from Lord Reginald; I transfer the duty of the Governance of Litlin upon the shoulders of our newly promoted General and honorary Admiral, Aaron Sharpe."

Raleigh placed his lantern down, draping a bright scarlet cape with golden trim upon Sharpe's shoulders. Holding the ceremonial saber forged of silver and gold between himself and Sharpe, Sir Raleigh began the makeshift ceremony of promotion and admiralty.

"Aaron Sharpe, I, Sir Raleigh of the House of Westmont, use the powers granted to my person by the House of Lords, to promote thy towards the authority of General. I also hereby bestow upon you the honorary title of 'Admiralty', as well as grant thy the title of Governor for the City of Litlin. You, and the many others that this authority as been endowed upon, have been placed within the responsibility of forwarding that of civilization, as well as protecting that of the Commonwealth of Asahina. It is here that it is wished upon you, that you may not falter within the promotion of civilization, and that whether it be by thy honorable quill or by thy divine deliverer, that thou shall exceed in all actions - so help me God. There shall henceforth be three reasons why thou shall serve, and it is expected that these three tenements be held with upmost value; God, Glory, and the Commonwealth."

Sir Raleigh finished his speech, letting go of the saber and allowing Sharpe to maintain his new deliverer. Smiling, the newly appointed Admiral Sharpe stepped forth to inspect the Scarlet Guard of which was under his charge. Raising his hand into the air, the Admiral addressed his troops.

"Alas, whilst it has been my honor to engage in such ceremonies, I stress that we must not allow these festivities to shroud us from the darkness and despair that cloaks these lands. For I am knowledgable of whom has inflicted this act of terror and aggression against the Commonwealth, and I - as many of you - demand to see justice brought forth!" Sharpe stated, "It was the Turtleshroomian barbarians of whom inflicted our beloved Lady Red within plague in an act of biological warfare! It was the Turtleshroomian barbarians of whom have undermined us time and time again, whilst we attempt to aid their entrance into civilization! The savages and uncivilized heathens responsible for this horrid act must be put to justice, and those aligned with them placed within the stockades! The Commonwealth shall not abide by aggression against her civilized forces no longer, shall this be known throughout the land! Let us bring forth justice and civilization, what say you men?!"

An almighty shout could be heard across the masses of red uniforms as fists, lanterns, and rifles rose into the air in agreement.

"Let aggression against our glorious troops last no longer!" Sharpe yelled.

Another almighty shout was heard, and another rising of items followed.

"Let civilization reign free, and those barbarians whom oppose it be vanquished!"

A louder shout, this time, encompassing the grand majority of the Scarlet Guard.

"Those of whom accept the will of the Commonwealth and my new authority, step forward - rifle in hand!"

The unanimous clacking of rifles and the stomp of boots was heard, with the majority of the Scarlet Guard stepping forth. Even Sir Raleigh stepped forward, offering his support for the new Governor Admiral of Litlin. Lieutanent William Ashburn, awestruck by the grand support for a man such as Sharpe, was disheartened as even his beloved Nightingale stepped forth, hands folded in front of her person. Taking a deep breath, Lieutanent Ashburn sighed heavily.

"God, Glory, and the Commonwealth - if this is their will, so be it." Ashburn sighed softly, stepping forward beside Nightingale.

"For God, Glory, and the Commonwealth!" Sharpe yelled to his Scarlet Guard.

"FOR GOD, GLORY, AND THE COMMONWEALTH!" Came a massive roar, intimidating that of the faint-of-heart, Ashburn, and Turtleshroomer alike, "GOD, GLORY, AND THE COMMONWEALTH! GOD, GLORY, AND THE COMMONWEALTH!"

Within the darkness, the aura of horrifying murderous bloodlust could be felt amongst the Turtleshrooms, who knew that in the eyes of the Commonwealth - they were public enemy number one. It could be seen within the eyes of the Scarlet Guard, those who wished revenge for those illed Lady Red, those who wished death to the barbarian savages who did such, and those of whom merely had that sadistic bloodlust within their souls. However, what could not be seen that dark night, was the wicked smile of Admiral Aaron Sharpe - of which could frighten a man even with a heart made of ice...

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:36 pm

NATIONSTATES

Outside the Eagles Estate, the clanging of the nearest church bell could be heard. TurtleShroomer law maintained the requirement that a TurtleShroomer superstition carried the claim that the sound of the bell would scare rats off, but this was the first reported case of plague since Litlin was founded. There were no rats in Litlin.

Already, governing officials of Aashinian and TurtleShroomer origin had been summoned to the City Hall for a briefing and containment process. The creatures closest to the Mansion, and the staff therein, had been evacuated as plague doctors ran white tape with red skulls and crossbones over the wrought iron of the mansion. The gates had been unscrewed and cast aside as medical personnel and equipment moved in and out at great speed. The lights of police vehicles lit the night, as did the plague doctors holding blindingly bright construction grade electric lamps, hurricane lamps, and flashlights.

Most of the Scarlet Guard had arrived at the lawn and had gathered on the grounds away from the mansion, taking the sights in. Everyone’s favorite terroristic vigilante, Sharpe, stood imposingly and, being taller than most Aashinians, he was about the size of the shorter plague doctors that stood around him and his men with batons boasting the Staff of Hermes carved into them: a whopping seven foot something gave him a head over he rest of his unit.

“Contracted security units and private military companies, please stand over here, yes, thank you, good.”

The plague doctors directed all of the Scarlet Guard to a small hill at the southwest of the mansion’s lawn, where their numbers grew greater and greater. They stood like a wall to prevent contamination and had already had each of them walk through a chemical showering unit to kill any bacteria on them, their clothes, or their person. Stripping to their underpants, walking through a chemical shower, and being handed their clothes both in and out was annoying, but understandably needed to stop the plague.

Activity seemed to be arising among them as the tallest one- Sharpe –began to spew hot air. The plague doctors looked on, as did some leftover TurtleShroomer agents that had been in the mansion (but was cleared) from a tiny distance; they did not see too much as the sea of tricorne hats and redcoats barred nothing but listening. Things became quiet as Ashburn passed through, and the whispers between Nightingale, Sharpe, and Ashburn were drowned out by the sound of medical equipment, generators, and the church bells, along with the plague doctors’ orders.

Their voices raised as the plague doctors stood at the ready when Sharpe really got personal.

Comrade Commisar wrote:“For once, William, gather whatever two brain cells you have within that heavily insulated skull of yours, and work this out for yourself. For goodness sake, ask that wench of yours, for even a servant knows better than you."

Lieutenant Ashburn took back his lantern, looking quite annoyed at the Scarlet Guard Colonel. Looking him in the eye, Ashburn spoke quite aggressively towards the man, something not even the bravest of heart attempted to do.

"Insult the Turtleshroomers all you wish, in fact, even insult my person all you wish. However, should you speak ill of Miss Nightingale, I shall have your tongue." The Lieutenant said, quite irritated, "Oh, I just had a thought; perhaps, this plague established itself upon a much larger rat, Sharpe."

"Well-well, perhaps a certain lieutenant is being quite traitorous in thought, and must be put down!"

Several plague doctors with tasers tried to run in, but other plague doctors extended a gloved hand to stop them when Raleigh pushed them aside and then began to speak.

Comrade Commisar wrote:"Calm yourselves, boys. Now, you must offer Admiral Sharpe much more gratitude, Lieutenant, for he is the one who notified me of this dastardly attack upon the Commonwealth before it could spread - this man lives up to this title of hero."

The TurtleShroomers that knew of Sharpe gasped, and the plague doctors shrugged, their beaks being turned to look at each other, wondering why all of the Guardsmen and the TurtleShroomers that were in the mansion gasped.

Comrade Commisar wrote:"With all due respect sir, I..." Ashburn paused, "...'Admiral' Sharpe?"

"If it eases your tongue, General or Governor, but as of now, Sharpe has been bestowed the honors of admiralty until the return of Lady Mary Elizabeth." Sir Raleigh said, asking Sharpe to walk with him, "The Scarlet Guard must be united under a strong and admirable leader, one who places the Commonwealth before all else, and one who shall not let the mischief of these barbarians influence his almighty hand in delivering civilization amongst the masses."

The TurtleShroomer mansion residents’ jaws dropped to the floor- that Sharpe enjoyed to no end –and again, the plague doctors shrugged under their heavy cloaks and hazmat suits. However, they quickly gripped their batons as the TurtleShroomers started to heckle and shout at Sharpe, trying to move closer and voice their objections.

Comrade Commisar wrote:Sir Raleigh and Colonel Sharpe stood upon the top of the gentle hill leading towards the covered estate, Sir Raleigh bearing ceremonial saber and cloth in one hand, with a lantern within the other. Sharpe, removing his flintlock and firing a shot into the night sky, calmed the mass of Scarlet Guards as the House of Lords' attorney began his speech.

The discussion amongst the plague doctors had summoned a particular mushroom, wearing plague doctor garb (the beak being colored yellow and embroidered with intricate patterns) and a scarlet covered sash to the scene. He had a belt around his cloak halfway down his stem with all sorts of medical equipment, as well as a walkie-talkie and a functioning cell phone.
This was the same doctor that had spoken to Nightingale and had diagnosed Red. He was also the leader of the Litlin branch of the Black Death Protection Unit.

The good doctor pushed his way straight to the front of the crowd and observed, very nervous about the situation. He had a kerosene lantern to his side for light.

Comrade Commisar wrote:“The casualties of this horrid attack of biological proportions may have been much worse, had it naught been for one man - one hero - who notified me just in time to call forth the evacuation of the manor and the severe limitation of a disease that may have fallen dozens. A man, who has shown his valor and loyalty many times over, and has gained my trust; Colonel Aaron Sharpe."

"Colonel Sharpe notified me, roughly one hour prior, of this biological attack upon the Commonwealth. His action has saved the lives of many, and has single-handedly preserved that of the Commonwealth within Litlin. Alas, Colonel Sharpe has earned his title of national hero, and alas, he has proven himself worthy of what shall come forth momentarily.”

“THAT’S A LIE, SON!” bellowed the doctor, who by now, had his name (Doctor Knott Lupus) very well known and brandished on his nametag.

The Scarlet Guardsmen looked for just a second towards Doctor Lupus and sent icy glares that

“I’ve been carin’ fer Lady Red since she first coughed, and I gave the order to evacuate the Estate, I found the plague, and I-“

One Guardsman put a gun to Knott’s head. He shut up, but the TurtleShroomers, especially the plague doctors began to shout and heckle, some raising gloved fists or pointers in objection, others sheathing their batons and crossing their arms, shaking their beaked faces. Several took their hats off and threw them on the ground amidst shouts of “OH COME ON!”.

Comrade Commisar wrote:“For those of who are unaware, Lady Red has been struck down by this most foul plague, and she is within no condition to maintain her duties in governing the city. Therefore, using my power as a member of the House of Lords, with permission from Lord Reginald; I transfer the duty of the Governance of Litlin upon the shoulders of our newly promoted General and honorary Admiral, Aaron Sharpe."

Thunderous boos and heckling mixed with the roars of approval from the Scarlet Guard.

Comrade Commisar wrote:Raleigh placed his lantern down, draping a bright scarlet cape with golden trim upon Sharpe's shoulders. Holding the ceremonial saber forged of silver and gold between himself and Sharpe, Sir Raleigh began the makeshift ceremony of promotion and admiralty.

The plague doctors and TurtleShroomers had lowered their voices and began to observe a rather beautiful ceremony, even if it was endowing a terrorist.

Comrade Commisar wrote:"Aaron Sharpe, I, Sir Raleigh of the House of Westmont, use the powers granted to my person by the House of Lords, to promote thy towards the authority of General. I also hereby bestow upon you the honorary title of 'Admiralty', as well as grant ye the title of Governor for the City of Litlin. You, and the many others that this authority as been endowed upon, has been placed within the responsibility of forwarding that of civilization, as well as protecting that of the Commonwealth of Asahina. It is here that it is wished upon you, that you may not falter within the promotion of civilization and that whether it be by thy honorable quill or by thy divine deliverer, which thou shall exceed in all actions - so help me God. There shall henceforth be three reasons why thou shall serve, and it is expected that these three tenements be held with upmost value; God, Glory, and the Commonwealth."

“Sharpe is no servant of the Lawd!” several of the TurtleShroomers heckled as Sharpe received the saber’s accolade. That begin a lot more heckling. Chants of “BLASPHEMY!” and “LIES” and “TERRORIST” thundered as the cheers and anger of the opposing forces mixed into a roaring chorus of charisma that Sharpe inhaled like tobacco.

Comrade Commisar wrote:Sir Raleigh finished his speech, letting go of the saber and allowing Sharpe to maintain his new deliverer. Smiling, the newly appointed Admiral Sharpe stepped forth to inspect the Scarlet Guard of which was under his charge. Raising his hand into the air, the Admiral addressed his troops.

"Alas, whilst it has been my honor to engage in such ceremonies, I stress that we must not allow these festivities to shroud us from the darkness and despair that cloaks these lands. For I am knowledgeable of who has inflicted this act of terror and aggression against the Commonwealth, and I - as many of you - demand to see justice brought forth!"

The plague doctors raised their batons and, for once, agreed with Sharpe, because Lady Red had funded their unit and the hospitals of Litlin. It was why she was a hero.

Comrade Commisar wrote:Sharpe stated, "It was the Turtleshroomian barbarians of whom inflicted our beloved Lady Red within plague in an act of biological warfare! It was the Turtleshroomian barbarians of whom have undermined us repeatedly, whilst we attempt to aid their entrance into civilization!

The TurtleShroomers shouted louder and rushed the group, knocking several Guardsmen over the head. However, a few gunshots that scraped the heads of the TurtleShroomers stopped them immediately. That was NOT a good idea. Plague doctor, layman, and agent alike stepped back and instead continued to shout, boo, and heckle.

Comrade Commisar wrote:“The savages and uncivilized heathens responsible for this horrid act must be put to justice, and those aligned with them placed within the stockades! The Commonwealth shall not abide by aggression against her civilized forces no longer, shall this be known throughout the land! Let us bring forth justice and civilization, what say you men?!"

“NO!”

The Guards looked towards the TurtleShroomers and smirked. It was a shouting match?

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

Comrade Commisar wrote:An almighty shout could be heard across the masses of red uniforms as fists, lanterns, and rifles rose into the air in agreement.

The thundering voices of the men outdid the TurtleShroomers.

Challenge accepted.

“NO!”

Challenge accepted.

Comrade Commisar wrote:"Let aggression against our glorious troops last no longer!" Sharpe yelled.

Another almighty shout was heard, and another rising of items followed.

Again, the deeper voiced Aashinians overdid the lighter, accented calls of the TurtleShroomers assembled. They formed their reply quickly as Doctor Knott fell silent, grasping the situation.

Challenge accepted!

“YOU’RE VIGILANTES!”

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

Comrade Commisar wrote:"Let civilization reign free, and those barbarians whom oppose it be vanquished!"

A louder shout, this time, encompassing the grand majority of the Scarlet Guard.

The outmatched TurtleShroomers refused to back down.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

“COMRADE COMMISAR IS AN ALLY OF THE STATE!”

Sharpe put an end to the competition, though, by intimidation. –and oh man, was it successful.

Comrade Commisar wrote:"Those of whom accept the will of the Commonwealth and my new authority, step forward - rifle in hand!"

The unanimous clacking of rifles and the stomp of boots was heard, with the majority of the Scarlet Guard stepping forth.

The TurtleShroomers did not have a unified shout. They crawled, floated, or stepped back in identical unanimity, disorganized and indecipherable boos, catcalls, anger, and general noise pollution following their retreat. The plague doctors gripped their batons as they watched Doctor Lupus float off on the excuse of needing to tend to Lady Red.

One wrong move could mean more than one hearse coming over the next week.

Comrade Commisar wrote:"For God, Glory, and the Commonwealth!" Sharpe yelled to his Scarlet Guard.

"FOR GOD, GLORY, AND THE COMMONWEALTH!" Came a massive roar, intimidating that of the faint-of-heart, Ashburn, and TurtleShroomer alike, "GOD, GLORY, AND THE COMMONWEALTH! GOD, GLORY, AND THE COMMONWEALTH!"

The plague doctors shook underneath their robes and protective gear at the uproar of the crowd. The combined sounds of all the activity actually shook the very bodies of those present, for better or worse. Why, it even seemed louder.

The generators from the gates roared, the church bell tolled, the shouts of the TurtleShroomers thundered, and the chants of the Aashinians mixed into a nightmarish situation that had woken up the entire neighborhood, who had gathered outside the gates to look on, totally unaware of why the Guardsmen were chanting. Most of them were in their pajamas. The plague doctors tried to keep them away.
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:36 pm

Comrade Commisar wrote:"GOD, GLORY, AND THE COMMONWEALTH! GOD, GLORY, AND THE COMMONWEALTH!"

"GOD, GLORY, AND THE COMMONWEALTH! GOD, GLORY, AND THE COMMONWEALTH!"

Amidst all of this, a limousine rolled up at the entrance, unheard or unseen within the mansion grounds.

Comrade Commisar wrote:"GOD, GLORY, AND THE COMMONWEALTH! GOD, GLORY, AND THE COMMONWEALTH!"

A figure exited and silently disrobed and cleansed himself through the chemical showers.

The shouts continued for some time, but then the sounds of machine gun fire into the air silenced everyone immediately. The plague doctors parted, and an all too familiar Asian human, standing five foot seven and dwarfed by Sharpe and most TurtleShroomers, entered. A plague doctor silently laid a bright construction spotlight to illuminate him.

Amidst the total silence, Ashburn immediately recognized him as the creature he had tried to speak to a long while back.

Cephas Block, Chairman of the Almagated Administration Tier of Poker, Litlin, Littleton, and Suburbs had returned.

The politician didn’t seem frightened, considering there were three of the finest, and famed, Chancellery Guardsmen flanking him. (Since the last meeting, he had received a whole lot of protection.)
It was they who fired the gunshots that silenced everyone.
{OOC: These are the same armed-to-the-teeth goons which protected the explorer-Priestess on her way to TurtleShroom and who guarded Bessford Be when Eagles had his drink spilt on him by Richards.}

The cocky Asian, dark-skinned and heavily squinted with ancestry from GEIJD, was draped in the same ceremonial garb he wore last Halloween, an orange robe with purple shoulder pieces (which curved outward into spiked tips on each shoulder) over that and a pectoral cross around his neck. He held a staff in his right hand and had a concealed carry weapon holstered to his left. Underneath his robe was, ironically, the same cheap suit and loud tie he donned when he met Eagles on that fateful day.

Cephas twirled his staff, which was taller than he, in his fingers and looked over everyone.

“Isn’t it interestin’ that I find all of you here, cheering some sort of promotion in your lobster back ranks.” he began. “Whitey here-“ he made a jeer at Sharpe’s well-known hatred of the Asian Commissariats of Comrade Commissar and their “savagery” (excluding Yue) –“is an Admiral in a doubly landlocked country’s desert.”

He smirked.

“We did that before it was cool, ya know.”

When asked to state his business, the AAT Chairman crossed his arms and jabbed the scepter into the thinly planted grass and sand of the Estate so he could talk with his rather petite hands’ gestures.

“I digress. Admiral- nah, I’ll just call you Whitey because it ticks you off –Whitey, you’ve been terrorizing my city from day one. We’ve begun to find bodies and disappearances.
You are unfit to command a private military contractor, these lobsterbacks, who, might I add, are not police in this city, but rather a security firm for a now-Quarantined mansion and serve as a free Border Patrol for those fancy-shmancy walls.”

Cephas’ guards kept their hands on their weapons and ensured that no one would draw a gun in concern of his honor or Sharpe’s honor.

“However, the affairs of these Guardsmen are not of my concern, so by all means, Whitey can do his commanding thing. Just remember that he commands the walls and this property. After all…”

Here, he gestured back to the street.

“If I recall correctly, mobsters in limousines from the Eagles International Armory are the ones working with law enforcing powers, and when the sun sets, I can still terminate that.”

He paced a little bit as Sharpe’s anger boiled. He fed off every second of these insults.

“You know, I’m not too sure if I like all this chanting. Wakin’ the neighbors and all, causing a scene, sounds more like a coup than a promotion.”

He faced Sharpe and grinned evilly.

That’s a very nice setup you have there, Sharpe.

The wicked grin on his face had a hint of crazy pride behind his thick, golden spectacles as he reached into his robe and removed a contract. It was the contract that had permitted the Scarlet Guard to begin phasing over the EIA forces and, obviously, act as a lawful security firm on the city walls and in general.

A plague doctor handed him a kerosene lantern. He nonchalantly removed the glass bulb over it and threw it behind him, where it made a muffled shattering sound. The flame was held closely to the contract.

It’d be a SHAME if something were to happen to it.

Everyone looked at each other, trying to put two in two together.

“See, I sacked the entire civil service when I heard of this. The City Council of Litlin has resigned for ‘health reasons’, except for the loyally appointed Fire Marshall, and my main man the City Treasurer. Elections CLEARLY won’t happen while TurtleShroom is at war, so I guess I’m the boss in this town.”

He shook the candle slightly under the contract.

“You make one move, oh precious and pompous ‘Governor’-” he laughed, rolling his eyes at the term, “-and I’ll order every last one of you and your lobsterbacks out of this city. The national government is required to enforce the wills of the city, and in case you are too arrogant to connect anything behind that skull of yours, that means that I, Cepahs Block, can end your campaign in Litlin.”

He smiled evilly.

“You’ve got a nice setup, I agree. Autonomy to police, a nice wall to guard, a free hand… well, until Whitey came and began stirring chaos, but still, most of you Red Guardsmen or whatever you are, you guys sure are in a good job. It pays well, it protects well, and the people respect you… for now, of course. Once Sharpe’s promotion goes public in tomorrow’s newspaper, the gasoline will already be poured. All it needs is a single match.”

Again, Cephas jiggled the holder of the candle.

“So listen and listen well, ADMIRAL Sharpe. First off, Lady Red is an extraordinary and honorable woman of class, grace, and poise that everyone in the city adores and looks up to in adoration. She was a philanthropist that funded all these beaked medics wandering the estate and has contributed to charity with ferocity second only to the Church.
IF TurtleShroom was trying to kill off Aashinian Commissariats, wouldn’t they go for a Commissariat that everyone hated, not a hero that everyone wants to be when they grow up? Someone like, oh, I don’t know, Whitey?”

The TurtleShroomers looked at each other as the AAT Chairman continued.

“What I am trying to say is that your conspiracy is nonsensical. Why would TurtleShroom want to sever ties with an ally and a savior in times of war? The people love the Aashinian Commissariat’s gentlemen that gave them Halloween, and gave them a wall that gave them hope in the war with security on the streets.
None of us have any interest in killing the hand that feeds us!
All of you listening to Sharpe’s hot air need to consider what TurtleShroom has to gain from angering a close ally and the savior of my city in the peoples’ eyes.
You don’t get that this man is a terrorist and a thug with no honor or purpose, and who sells at the highest bidder. If those Orientals with the big tanks… the Tuh-sow Commissariat, right? If those guys paid him enough, he would turn on you here and now. Such is the way of the mercenary. I saw their kind when I was drafted. No honor. None.”

He finished his speech.

“Now, if you lay one hand on me or do ANYTHING to ANY TurtleShroomer in this city, I will PERSONALLY run you out of town and make sure you get back to Comrade Commissar on a one way ticket and a No Entry List with each of your names on it.”

He smiled.

“Litlin needs great people like Nightingale, kind souls like the Yue, and the noble men in this lobster brigade that aren’t out to kill their host. Most of you, indeed, are decent people I am sure, but Whitey here is a monster of death and genocide.
I want to remind you…”

Cephas furled up the contract and placed it in his robe.

“…that the flames of the Aashinian Commissariat in TurtleShroom sit on the wick of TurtleShroom's permission and the wax of the creatures of TurtleShroom. I have the scissors to that wick, and the people can easily break the candle.”

The Chairman held his own candle close to his face. It served no real purpose with that electric light shining on everything like the light of day, but it was imposing.

“Sharpe, this candle is you.” he intoned. “One wrong move…”

Here, he blew the candle’s flame out.

“…-and your shining light… is gone.”

He stepped back a ways and turned one hundred eighty degrees, swishing his robes in the process and grabbing his staff.

“By the way, Sharpe? You are great at selling insurance. Allstate sends their thanks.”

Cephas made his way out, high fiving several TurtleShroomer humans and plague doctors. He stood at the line at the chemical showers, knowing his point had been made.

…-but that’s when a voice shouted his name.
It wasn’t over yet.
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

Comrade Commisar
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Comrade Commisar » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:33 am

Lieutanent Ashburn was very worried of the situation, with the burning nationalism of the Scarlet Guard so close within the proximity of the Turtleshroomer's fiercesome morality; it was as said, a powder keg waiting to burn. Ashburn had been one of the more sensible groups of guards, acting as a wall between the Turtleshroomers and the guardsmen, rifle in hand. Constantly, he would ask both parties to calm themselves, although the instances that he would have to push back both factions back with his rifle constituted otherwise. With the roaring of the Scarlet Guard, however, it seemed that the Turtleshroomers began to fall back, a wise move considering that tasers and batons were nothing against steel and shot.

Ashburn and the rest of his unit maintained the separating border between the Scarlet Guard and the Turtleshroomers, should anything arise again, but alas, the status quo seemed semi-set for now. Turning to Nightingale, the Lieutanent gripped her by the shoulder with upmost care, speaking towards her with a deathly seriousness.

"Recall the times that I hath mentioned of horrid fighting and bloodshed, well, we near closest to it upon this moment. I know we established a contingency plan should anything arise, but alas, I fear that such shall not be possible if conflict erupts. If such does occur, I request that you side with the Scarlet Guard - the guard always remains victorious. Please, for my sake." Lieutanent Ashburn pleaded, Nightingale nodding, "Good, now hopefully nothing arises that warrants such-- ...Oh no. No, no, no. This cannot be."

The worried Lieutanent looked at a rather new, upcoming member of the massive rally, knowing this to possibly be the match which ignites the powder; The Almagated Chairman, Cephas Block. The Almagated Chairman had been the one of whom had addressed Lieutanent Ashburn the previous year upon his visit to the City Council of Litlin, and had also been the man to take a stand to Hershel von Eagles during his address of Litlin. The man was that of an honorable one from Lieutanent Ashburn's experience, but he was by no means the man who was suitable to negotiate with a man like Sharpe - should the result turn foul, Litlin would burn. Ashburn held his tongue though, and merely stood closer to Nightingale, ready to act if anything were to happen.

The entirety of the Scarlet Guard rushed to arms at the firing of machine gun rounds into the night, many of them grabbing their rifles as they crouched to the ground. Many of the more disciplined guardsmen formed firing lines as in accordance with their training, rushing to take aim at the source of the gunfire before Admiral Sharpe held up there rifles.

TurtleShroom wrote:“Isn’t it interestin’ that I find all of you here, cheering some sort of promotion in your lobster back ranks. Whitey here is an Admiral in a doubly landlocked country’s desert. “We did that before it was cool, ya know.”

Admiral Sharpe grinned at the Almagated Chairman, merely smiling that same confident grin of his.

"Ah, but alas, Turtleshroom was never very 'cool' to begin with." Sharpe stated, "Shall I ask of what purpose you serve here upon this night, little Oriental man?"

TurtleShroom wrote:"Admiral- nah, I’ll just call you Whitey because it ticks you off –Whitey, you’ve been terrorizing my city from day one. We’ve begun to find bodies and disappearances. You are unfit to command a private military contractor, these lobsterbacks, who, might I add, are not police in this city, but rather a security firm for a now-Quarantined mansion and serve as a free Border Patrol for those fancy-shmancy walls.”

The Almagated Chairman was obviously not aquainted much with Sharpe. The Admiral was not as easily angered or irritated by the man as he was Lieutanent Ashburn, for of one major difference, Cephas Block was an uncivilized barbarian. No, Sharpe merely smiled contently, he found it entertaining that a savage attempted to exert such authority upon that of a civilized individual, much less one of Sharpe's stature. However, said savages seemed to lack the intellegence to address such a fact, and they certainly lacked the charisma to persuade the Admiral any other way.

"Oh ho, play me the same tune upon the same violin, Oriental man. Whilst you were off away within the jungles entertaining your little hay-eating friends, the Scarlet Guard were within the city, maintaining law and order in the face of corruption and crime. I believe that warrants a little more respect than that of a escort company, but alas, I severely doubt an insignificant half-breed such as yourself could comprehend such." Sharpe said, standing somewhat taller than the Chairman, "Now are you here just to attempt to be a little irritation, or is there some other point that you'd wish to convey?"

TurtleShroom wrote:“However, the affairs of these Guardsmen are not of my concern, so by all means, Whitey can do his commanding thing. Just remember that he commands the walls and this property. After all... If I recall correctly, mobsters in limousines from the Eagles International Armory are the ones working with law enforcing powers, and when the sun sets, I can still terminate that.”

"Haha, the Corporates? Beating that dead horse again? Oh, excuse me, rather poor terminology; the very much alive horse beating you again?" Sharpe laughed, "So you have come to flaunt your authority, have you not? Well then, flaunt away!"

"Honorable Almagated Chairman..." Lieutanent Ashburn rose to speak, softly being held back by Nightingale, who was shaking her head.

TurtleShroom wrote:“You know, I’m not too sure if I like all this chanting. Wakin’ the neighbors and all, causing a scene, sounds more like a coup than a promotion.”

Admiral Sharpe grinned at the thought of coup, with both the Almagated Chairman and Sharpe pacing around each other, almost dancing to a circle of intimidation and insults.

"It is merely the pride of the civilized being converted into that of voice." Sharpe said, "Surely, you dare not state that we would succumb to such acts, would you not?"

TurtleShroom wrote:The wicked grin on his face had a hint of crazy pride behind his thick, golden spectacles as he reached into his robe and removed a contract. It was the contract that had permitted the Scarlet Guard to begin phasing over the EIA forces and, obviously, act as a lawful security firm on the city walls and in general.

A plague doctor handed him a kerosene lantern. He nonchalantly removed the glass bulb over it and threw it behind him, where it made a muffled shattering sound. The flame was held closely to the contract.

The Admiral merely smiled wickedly as he continued to pace around the Almagated Chairman, merely shaking his head. However, Lieutanent Ashburn, much like the other Scarlet Guards within the area, remained confused as to what burning such a document would accomplish.

TurtleShroom wrote:“See, I sacked the entire civil service when I heard of this. The City Council of Litlin has resigned for ‘health reasons’, except for the loyally appointed Fire Marshall, and my main man the City Treasurer. Elections CLEARLY won’t happen while TurtleShroom is at war, so I guess I’m the boss in this town.”

“You make one move, oh precious and pompous ‘Governor’-” he laughed, rolling his eyes at the term, “-and I’ll order every last one of you and your lobsterbacks out of this city. The national government is required to enforce the wills of the city, and in case you are too arrogant to connect anything behind that skull of yours, that means that I, Cepahs Block, can end your campaign in Litlin.”

"Oh? Really now? Then what? Allow crime to run rampant, allow commerce to flow out of your city, allow tyranty to reign in the city as your civilians suffer? Such is the actions of a dictator, Oriental man, although I suppose that the blood of the mentality unstable Japanese Dystopia runs through you." Admiral Sharpe stated, "Let us see here, you are going to burn documents in order to intimidate the Scarlet Guard and to force them out of the city, you have successfully cleared the City Council so that you may maintain absolute rule, you are withholding the reasoning of war as to maintain your control, and this all done without the concensus of the peoples of Litlin? Mmm, pardon me, but this sounds quite incredibly suspicious of a tyrant - the likes of which the civilized forces of the Commonwealth are here to prevent."

The Admiral continued to grin as he paced around the Almagated Chairman.

TurtleShroom wrote:“So listen and listen well, ADMIRAL Sharpe. First off, Lady Red is an extraordinary and honorable woman of class, grace, and poise that everyone in the city adores and looks up to in adoration. She was a philanthropist that funded all these beaked medics wandering the estate and has contributed to charity with ferocity second only to the Church."

"Adoration? For what quality? Her ability to be used as a tool by the Turtleshroomian barbarians before being inevitably discarded? Let us not lie, Oriental, the only reason as to why Lady Red is so adored by the Turtleshroomian populace is due to the fact that she is as kind as to offer corrupted savages feigning false holiness a nice trinkle of coin. If it was not for that, she would be no more important as those horses of which you enjoy murdering so much. Why, I even place wager that you know nothing of Lady Red's previous influences in Commonwealth history."

TurtleShroom wrote:"IF TurtleShroom was trying to kill off Aashinian Commissariats, wouldn’t they go for a Commissariat that everyone hated, not a hero that everyone wants to be when they grow up? Someone like, oh, I don’t know, Whitey?”

"Why not kill a Colonel in the Scarlet Guard? Simple. Such would not convey any measurable amount of influence amongst those within the House of Lords. By eliminating one of the senior members of the House of Lords and the Commonwealth legal system, Turtleshroom would easily send quite the powerful message amongst the high members of the Aristocracy." Sharpe stated, "That, and the rest of us would not fall illusioned towards the despicable acts of savagery that your peoples have commited quite as easily as the fair Lady Red."

The members of both factions were obviously quite riled up, with the sounds of rifles and tasers being heard amongst both groups. The Scarlet Guard were quickly losing patience for the man as he dwelved into more sensitive areas of Commonwealth pride, and considering the numbers of armed guardsmen compared to that of armed Turtleshroomian personel, the Almagated Chairman attempted to make his point known before steel and blood would fly.

TurtleShroom wrote:“What I am trying to say is that your conspiracy is nonsensical. Why would TurtleShroom want to sever ties with an ally and a savior in times of war? The people love the Aashinian Commissariat’s gentlemen that gave them Halloween, and gave them a wall that gave them hope in the war with security on the streets."

"Why would Turtleshroom offer arms to Tsao militants in order to kill the Scarlet Guard within the Asianic Coalition?!" Lieutanent Frederick von Wilheim, one of Admiral Sharpe's right hands yelled, "Why would Turtleshroom want to shed Commonwealth blood?!"

The Lieutanent's points were made clear by the following shouts and hollers from the crowd of tricornes and red uniforms, with many waving their rifles as the Chancellery Guardsmen kept a tight hold of their own guns.

"The Hessian is right! How does Turtleshroom expect to improve relations with the Commonwealth by killing our forces abroad!" Shouted one sergeant.

"We were inspecting a Turtleshroomian tanker when we were attacked by privateers! Coincidence? I think not!" Shouted another, the guardsmen obviously quite discontent at this point.

TurtleShroom wrote:"None of us have any interest in killing the hand that feeds us! All of you listening to Sharpe’s hot air need to consider what TurtleShroom has to gain from angering a close ally and the savior of my city in the peoples’ eyes."

"You tell us! You are the ones arming the ones slaughtering those of the Commonwealth!" The Hessian Lieutanent shouted again, receiving applauding roars.

"I was listening onto the radio of the Gerry Peace Conferrences! I heard the Turtleshroomers and their allies bailed the minute those Macks stepped into the room!" Yelled another guardsman, "T'was a ploy to assassination Lady Mary von Eagles! I know it!"

Tensions rose as the notion that Turtleshroom may have attempted to assassinate the beloved young woman of the Commonwealth spread amongst the Scarlet Guard. If such were true, and Turtleshroomers would seek as low as to attempt to murder that of a woman and a child, then they were the worst of any scum encountered before the Commonwealth.

TurtleShroom wrote:"You don’t get that this man is a terrorist and a thug with no honor or purpose, and who sells at the highest bidder. If those Orientals with the big tanks… the Tuh-sow Commissariat, right? If those guys paid him enough, he would turn on you here and now. Such is the way of the mercenary. I saw their kind when I was drafted. No honor. None.”

"'Tis funny that you should mention that mercenaries are an honorless, sadistic bunch. Perhaps you turned a blind eye towards your own barbarian peoples commiting genocidal acts?" Admiral Sharpe stated, receiving quite the support from the Scarlet Guard, "Of course, a holy peoples commiting absolute genocide and unspeakable acts upon a normally peaceful populace in the guise of some sort of false morality is perfectly acceptable compared to people who take coin. Mmm, pardon, but perhaps your representation of morality and ethic ideals may be a tad bit off..."

The Almagated Chairman merely shrugged off Admiral Sharpe's sarcasm and addressed the man with one final statement.

TurtleShroom wrote:“Now, if you lay one hand on me or do ANYTHING to ANY TurtleShroomer in this city, I will PERSONALLY run you out of town and make sure you get back to Comrade Commissar on a one way ticket and a No Entry List with each of your names on it.”

Admiral Sharpe feigned surprise.

"Oh no, did the little Oriental man just threaten us with deportation towards a country that does not even exist anymore? The horror of it all! Alright, you are victorious! We shall allow the chaos of barbarianism and savagery to reign rampant throughout Litlin, and allow the divine, gold-burdened King of the Barbarians to harrass the civilians of Litlin with tyranty and corruption! O, woe us, for we hath fallen upon defeat." Admiral Sharpe dramatically said, before laughing quite evilly, "Haha, no. We shall not allow your uncivilized hide to run around bringing tyranty upon those who are civilized within Litlin. Nay, Litlin does not need such tinpot dictators and tyrants like you!"

TurtleShroom wrote:“Litlin needs great people like Nightingale, kind souls like the Yue, and the noble men in this lobster brigade that aren’t out to kill their host. Most of you, indeed, are decent people I am sure, but Whitey here is a monster of death and genocide."

"Oh, confound it all." Lieutanent Ashburn said as he rushed to guard Nightingale after the Almagated Chairman had singled her out, causing many to believe her to be a conspiracist against the Commonwealth.

Admiral Sharpe, on the other hand, was rather entertained by the Chairman's last statement.

"Genocide and death? Oh, you mean like your nation has committed?" Sharpe smiled, some of the Scarlet Guard holding off some devoted Turtleshroomers and patriotic Scarlet Guard as the two factions went for each other's throats.

Feeling that his point had been made, the Almagated Chairman Cephas Block turned around, making his exit. Such was short lived, however, as the rather short, Asianic man ran right into the torso of Lieutanent Hussein - another one of Sharpe's right hands. The man was quite obviously a Khek, bearing the bright red and gold decorated uniform of the Khek Sepoys under the Commonwealth. Such a fact, however, could quite easily be overlooked, as the man was a towering bulk of power and brute force. With his heavy scimitar resting upon his shoulder, the man looked as if he'd have no issues slashing all three Chancellery Guardsmen in a single strike, not to mention the musket strapped across the man's back looking more as a light cannon rather than a firearm. Nobody knew of how the fairly large Khek Lieutanent managed to slip around the clustering of Turtleshroomers, but alas, the message was conveyed that the Almagated Chairman's little meeting with Sharpe was not over.

"Oh, Cephas Block, whilst I have enjoyed your sharp lashing of the tongue and rather aggressive assaults upon my person, I have but one question before you take leave." Admiral Sharpe said contently, "With all the infinite wisdom of the world upon your soldiers, Oriental, I ask of you but one thing; how did a rodent get within the manor and infect Lady Red with plague?"

Many of the Scarlet Guard and Turtleshroomers muttered amongst themselves as they wondered the same thing.

"With all the horrid accusations that you have made upon this fine night, I suppose you would know about the whereabouts of such a pest as well, hm?" Sharpe played his checkmate, "There are no rodents within this walled City of Litlin, and as you know, all goods are thoroughly inspected as the walls for contraband as under Turtleshroomian law. Even if, under the slightest possibility there was but a single rat in Litlin, we are within the middle of the sodding desert hundreds of miles away from jungle, swamp, and any other location for disease. Now, I may be rattling sabers here, but alas, you cannot deny that such a plague rat must have had some human involvement, aye?"

"Surely, if the Turtleshroomian peoples are not to blame for this act of aggression against the Commonwealth, you can certainly come up with some other possible explaination as to why Lady Red was inflicted with plague, can you not?" Sharpe smiled victoriously, "Unless, you cannot..."

Sharpe grinned, awaiting the inquiries of the Almagated Chairman on the matter.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates