NATION

PASSWORD

1st Junior World Hit Festival - OOC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

1st Junior World Hit Festival - OOC Thread

Postby Euskirribakondara » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:46 pm

After several meetings of the Organizing Board of the World Hit Festival, and many consultations with the usual participating broadcasters, it was decided that a Junior version of the contest was going to be inaugurated. With a lower frequency than that of the "Senior" version, and a more simple and organic format, the contest will act as a gateway for the young talents; and will be part of the social responsability of the contest: 80% of all the money earned through voting and tourism thanks to the JWHF, will be donated to Funds and NGO's all over the world, who help children. It was also decided that the first version would take place in Flegavia (home region of the WHF), more specifically in Stepanarvashat, the capital of Artsakhestan. The Artsakhiani head of delegation, Eva Arshakyan, declared:

After several meetings and agreements between different broadcasters, we're now able to present a whole new concept in entertainment and talent shows. We, Artsakhestan, have been chosen to host its first edition. The first edition of an event that will be a launching pad for young talents, and an event that will try to help with the life quality of children all over the multiverse. As a true Artsakhiani party, we have decided to open our arms to everyone, as we usually do; and bring them together in the spirit of childhood: peace, friendship and joy.

The show will have the Robert Demirchyan Complex as venue, seating 8,000 in the configuration we're aiming for. It is located in a beautiful hill that overlooks the Hayk River; and is totally ready to boost with lights and fireworks in the night of the final. We also have technical assistance from EUSketch for the stage design, and we'll present our culture the way it's intended.

As part of the concept of the Junior World Hit Festival itself, we've decided to promote it with a meaningful motto: "Building a brighter day". And it is joined by a beautiful logo that was designed by the 8-year-old Sofi Akhmanakyan; as we launched a nation-wide contest for the logos. It represents the joyfullness of Artsakhianis, our landmark mountains, and the hands that will build that brighter day.

Bari galust Artsakhestan!
Welcome to Artsakhestan!

Signups are open until November 7 (CLOSED)!
(Deadlines for this contest are based on World Time, which means, since the time the day starts in Kiribati and Samoa (UTC+14), and until it ends in American Samoa (UTC-11). The deadline may be shortened if all the countries that originally expressed interest signup before this date)

OOC Rules
1. Artists and songs must be imaginary (You may use the rhythm or parody the lyrics of an existent song).
2. If you want to withdraw your application, you must do it BEFORE the deadline.
3. The voting system is: 1pt, 2pt, 3pts, 4pts, 5pts (Maximum score is 5pts). The entry with the most points wins.
4. The hosting rights of the next edition are decided by a bidding process.
5. A maximum of two puppets are allowed (adding up both votes, they must not surpass 6 pts given to any nation).
6. Ties will be broken with: the number of countries that voted for that entry; number of 5-pts received; number of 4-pts received, and so on. If there's still a tie, both countries will be declared winners, and the hosting rights will be decided by a draw.

IC Rules
1. The songs must have 50% of its lyrics in the national language of the nation it is representing.
2. The entrants must be between 7 and 15 years of age by the date of the contest.
3. In the live performance, there must not be more than six people on stage. All of them abiding by the above rule.
4. The topics of the song must be related to childhood and early teenage years (It's not realistic nor fun to have kids talking about terrorism, sex or the economical crisis, for example).
5. Adults can collaborate in the creative process of the song, but kids must be the main authors of the song (Which means that you can't have a song that appears as being written by a producer who has worked all his lifetime. Again, BE REALISTIC).
6. To comply with the above rule, it is HIGHLY advisable to use a RL tune (if you'll use one) that is composed/performed IRL by a young artist. You could check the songs of the RL Junior Eurovision Song Contest to get an idea.
7. To signup, you must do what says in the next paragraph!

How to apply?
In one post, you must give the information of your entry and broadcaster. Just like Eurovision, both the WHF and the JWHF have a broadcasting union: WHFBA (World Hit Festival Broadcasting Association). The member channels of the WHFBA can participate in WHF, and as soon as you apply, you're 100% likely to be accepted. The WHFBA is for IC purposes, and it has an official website that you may want to bookmark (with the button at the bottom of the page, you CANNOT post there). But well, going back, to the application, give this info in a single post:

Nation:
Broadcaster:

Song Title:
Artist: Name and AGE of the performing artist.
Language(s): (The language(s) in which the lyrics of your song will be written and performed on JWHF1. Remember the IC rule number 1)
Title Translation: (If necessary)
Title Transcription: (If you're using another alphabet)

Method of Selection: (It can be an internal selection, or a national final whose results can be posted here)
Information of your act/entry/artist: (This is in order to make an article in the news thread about your entry - You can send it through a TG as well (Send the TG to Artsakhestan))
Tune: If you'll use a RL tune, it's better to link it, in order to avoid having two entries with the same tune. You can also not use a tune... But that is up to you. And remember IC rule number 6

If you want to see an example, check out the first applications here, since, most likely, they'll be filled out by active participants.

Բարի գալուստ Արծախեստան!
Welcome to Artsakhestan!

Participating Countries and Broadcasters (22)
Artsakhestan, AHH (Artsakhiani Hanrayin Herrustaënkerut'yun)
Bloodbath Generation, TopTV & BGBC-Kids
Calimera, TVC3
Chenkorya, CBU (Chenkoryan Broadcasting Union)
Christarnea, KrystarTV
Crolacia, CRT
Euskirribakondara, EUSK1
Hagasvyo, TOPtv Hagasvyo
Le Amarok, TÉLÉ-AK
Lymantatia, LTN
Mediterra, RTM
Polkopia, NFTV
Rusmailica, RMTV
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec, TBD soon
Sisva I Nasor Krakon, SINKSK
Skjalfandafljot, SKBC1L (Skjalfandafljot Broadcasting Channel 1 Live) and SKKCL (Skjalfandafljotian KIds Channel Live)
The Ultimate Evil, TBD soon
Vampirum, The Nightwatch Broadcast (TNB)
Venasta, VEN (Venastian Entertainment Network)
VIXX, TOPtv-VIXX
Wilfred Test, TBN1, TBNworldwide & Castar
Zavlia, TelZav
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:04 am, edited 22 times in total.

Artsakhestan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Artsakhestan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:51 pm

Արծախիանի Հանրային Հեռուստաընկերություն
Artsakhiani Hanrayin Herrustaënkerut’yun
Public Television of Artsakhestan

Nation: Artsakhestan
Broadcaster: AHH

Song Title: ՈՒշ Լինի, Անուշ Լինի
Artist: Lidushik Amrakossian (Age 13)
Genre: Armenian Pop
Language(s): Armenian, and one language per each participating country (Therefore, TBD soon). (So far it would be Crolacian, Euskal and French)
Title Translation: Let it be late, let it be good (Armenian proverb)
Title Transcription: Ush Lini, Anush Lini

Method of Selection: National Final (Results to be posted soon to the international audience)
Information of your act/entry/artist: Sent.
Tune: Dalita - Welcome to Armenia
Last edited by Artsakhestan on Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Capital City: Ստեփանարվաշաթ (Step'anarvashat) - Population: 110,253,122 - Official Languages: Armenian, Kilikian Creole
Demonym: Artsakhiani - Code: AKH - An Artsakhiani Dance - A Postcard From Our Capital - WHF & WV entries

Puppet of Euskirribakondara

Crolacia
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Crolacia » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:52 pm

Crolacia will participate, Info to come.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:06 pm

Nation: Euskirribakondara
Broadcaster: EUSK1

Song Title: He Aloha
Artist: Ahonui Haldagarrián (Age 12)
Language(s): Euskal, Hawaiian
Title Translation: Aloha Everyone! (Aloha means love, affection, sympathy, kindness, grace, sweetheart, loving, beloved, kind, regards, hello and bye)

Method of Selection: Winner of Euskal-Musika Junior 1 (Details to be posted soon)
Tune: Luara Hayrapetyan - Barcelona
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Le Amarok
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Le Amarok » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:20 pm

Nation: Le Amarok (Written as such per a 600-year-old law, contradicting normal French ortography)
Broadcaster: TÉLÉ-AK

Song Title: Y A Quelque Chose Dans L'Air
Artist: Juliette Baldezac (Age 8)
Language(s): French, Spanish
Title Translation: There's Something In The Air

Method of Selection: Internal Decision
Tune: Femke - Een Kusje Meer
Last edited by Le Amarok on Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chenkorya
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chenkorya » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:53 pm

Nation Chenkorya
Broadcaster Chenkoryan Broadcasting Union (the show will be broadcasted on CBU 3, which is the children's channel from 07:00 until 20:00)

Song Title Bling Bling
Artist Sanne (13)
Language(s) English and Chenkoryan
Title Translation Not necessary
Title Transcription Not necessary

Method of Selection An internal national final was held. Sanne was selected together with two other kids, with another song; 'Just Say Yes'.
Information of your act/entry/artist Will do this later
Tune Twitterqueen, by Noah

Calimera I
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Calimera I » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:55 pm

Nation: La Republica Federal de Calimera
Broadcaster: TVC3

Song Title: Tangocito
Artist: Agustina Levallois (13)
Language(s): Spanish - English
Title Translation: ''Little Tango''

Method of Selection: Nation Final (not posted here)
Information of your act/entry/artist: TG, later
Tune: Shakira - Objection
Federal Republic of Calimera - 1,5 years - was deleted on 4 sept. 2012

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:59 pm

All of the above are accepted! Which takes us to a number of 6 participant countries. It seems we won't need more than eight days (signups are open until November 7) to reach a nice number of entries.

Calimera, REMEMBER that your song cannot be all Shakira-like. REMEMBER you're roleplaying a 13-yo girl!

Calimera I
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Calimera I » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:00 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:All of the above are accepted! Which takes us to a number of 6 participant countries. It seems we won't need more than eight days (signups are open until November 7) to reach a nice number of entries.

Calimera, REMEMBER that your song cannot be all Shakira-like. REMEMBER you're roleplaying a 13-yo girl!

yea yea of course! Only the melody is perfect for my song I had in my head!

Lymantatia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lymantatia » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Nation: Lymantatia
Broadcaster: LTN

Song Title: Magie de la Paix
Artist: Denise2000
Language(s): French, Spanish, Virçais, Dutch and two languages from Euskirribakondara (I hope it's Euskal and Aranese)
Title Translation: Peace Magic
Title Transcription: N/A

Method of Selection: Festival des Enfants de Chansons
Information of your act/entry/artist: Denise2000 was born Denise del Mauro to Nicolo del Mauro and Denise Silva in April 2, 2000. She goes to Virção Private School (Verçau Iscola Privata) since she was 4. She wins school awards in music. The fame started in May 2009 when she uploaded a YouTube video of her singing DANAE songs. She assumed a name "Denise2000"
Tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC614xDW58k
Baptism of Fire 44 Round of 16, de facto retired.

Calimera I
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Calimera I » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:06 pm

Lymantatia wrote:Nation: Lymantatia

Language(s): French, Spanish, Virçais, Dutch and two languages from Euskirribakondara (I hope it's Euskal and Aranese)

Information of your act/entry/artist: Denise2000 was born Denise del Mauro to Nicolo del Mauro and Denise Silva in April 2, 2000. She goes to Virção Private School (Verçau Iscola Privata) since she was 4. She wins school awards in music. The fame started in May 2009 when she uploaded a YouTube video of her singing DANAE songs. She assumed a name "Denise2000"

Song needs to be 50% in own language..
And great! No DANAE!!

Lymantatia
Ambassador

Postby Lymantatia » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:08 pm

Calimera I wrote:
Lymantatia wrote:Nation: Lymantatia

Song needs to be 50% in own language..
And great! No DANAE!!

Actually, there will be no DANAE.
Actual actually, besides French, each language will have one line.

Calimera I
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Calimera I » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:10 pm

Lymantatia wrote:
Calimera I wrote:Song needs to be 50% in own language..
And great! No DANAE!!

Actually, there will be no DANAE.
Actual actually, besides French, each language will have one line.

OK! No problem. (:

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:11 pm

And great! No DANAE!!

Lymantatia has Laurentian, Pasceais, French and German as official languages as far as I know.

Lymantatia, you're accepted. And I'll be more than glad to help with any needed translation. But since the show is in Artsakhestan, I'd recommend using Euskal and Armenian. But it's your call!

Bloodbath Generation
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bloodbath Generation » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:14 pm

20 songs were submitted to TOPtv for Syngio Fyir Vernold, Jingobae, but juries picked the 3 songs that would head to the final on October 28. These songs were:

Chibubu Medoi (Silly song) by LeeLee (9 and 15) brother and sister from Xitung.

One Hour Left (We Gon Dance) by Shakayla and Emilit (both 14) Actresses from the TV show "Groove Kids", from Lancy

Gapu Gapu Gupi by Karina Magdalena and Chong Ji-Hyun (both 7) students from Domachev

The final was viewed by over 15 million (18.6%) of Bloodbath Generation, signifying how much interest the contest already has in the country. Thousands of votes were cast, and here are the final results:

Song                             Jury Points                   Televotes
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Chibubu Medoi 8 110,679 (23%)
One Hour Left (We Gon Dance) 12 98,413 (20%)
Gapu Gapu Gupi Gupi 10 325,987 (57%)

Nation: Bloodbath Generation
Broadcaster: TOPtv (live) and BGBC Kids (tape delay)

Song Title: Gapu Gapu Gupi Gupi
Artist: Name and AGE of the performing artist: Karina Magdalena and Chong Ji-Hyun, both age 7
Language(s): Bloodbathian, Onomatopoeiatic
Title Translation: Glub Glub Guppy Guppy

Method of Selection: National final, results to come.
Information of your act/entry/artist: Classmates at the Shmutya Primary School in Domachev, they made songs in music class and presented them, and theirs was chosen to be sung in front of the whole school at their prep rally. With JWHF in the local news, they decided to enter their song in Syngio Fyir Vernold, Jingobebe (Sing for the World, Little one) and with permission from their parents and BGBC, headed off to Ciudad Longanisa to compete in the final.

Karina Magdalena is 7 years old and loves to listen to music and play soccer.
Chong Ji-Hyun is also 7, and enjoys playing the piano and watching TV.

Karina and Ji-Hyun wrote the lyrics and are planning the performance. Composition was written by Karina's father, Vincente Magdalena.
Tune: Maru Maru Mori Mori by Kaoru to Tomoki (NF Winners Reprise)
Last edited by Bloodbath Generation on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:20 pm

BGEN, you're of course accepted. According to my calculations there are just 4 signups more to expect: Folkand, Medi, Polk and Québec.

Sisva i Nasor Krakon
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sisva i Nasor Krakon » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:26 pm

Nation:Sisva I Nasor Krakon
Broadcaster: SINKSK

Song Title: Saherika Tata
Artist: Kerstan Erklothisk (Male,7) and Aritha La De Rakfathäns
Language(s):Timerian
Title Translation:Good Luck
Title Transcription: (If you're using another alphabet)

Method of Selection:Each Kingdom of SINK will send one girl and one boy to participate in a song contest where all the 14 kingdoms have to participate in. The best act wins.
Information of your act/entry/artist: Kerstan and Aritha are both from the town Sesaria in the kingdom of Timeria. The writers are also from Timeria, but they are 10. Karitsa Harikan and Lalunia Trebuchet.
Tune: Lion King's Hakuna Matata :P

Lymantatia
Ambassador

Postby Lymantatia » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:29 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:
And great! No DANAE!!

Lymantatia has Laurentian, Pasceais, French and German as official languages as far as I know.

Lymantatia, you're accepted. And I'll be more than glad to help with any needed translation. But since the show is in Artsakhestan, I'd recommend using Euskal and Armenian. But it's your call!

Actually, the first two are not official languages.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:40 pm

Welcome Sisva I Nasor Krakon!
Signup accepted!

P.S.: Lym, I vote for making those two languages official :p

Mediterra
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mediterra » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:44 pm

Mediterra has confirmed participation. Official announcement to come later.

Meanwhile, fans are still worried as Mediterra has made no official announcement regarding WV24.
Last edited by Mediterra on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Mediterra / Republika Mediterranija
Old Factbook -Factbook - Official Website (mediterranija.go.mi)
Mois wrote:Seriously?

I cannot comprehend why people hate Islam so much. Yes, some Muslims caused 9/11, but that doesn't mean all of them are terrible people. I have met many kind Islamic people. I think everyone just needs to accept other religions, because there is no proven "better" religion. That goes for Jewish people, too.

Honestly, can we just act a little human for once?

Mediterranea > Mediterra > Kalosia
Currently in the transition process, may take a month. IC explanation

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:25 pm

Québec will participate, of course,and with The Ultimate Evil,its puppet.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:22 pm

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:Québec will participate, of course,and with The Ultimate Evil,its puppet.

Oh god no. I know YOU'LL KEEP IT DOWN, right?.

The three above, of course, accepted.

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:17 pm

(Sorry I'm a little late for signups... had a huge falling-out with my parents... you know how that goes ;) )

Nation: Polkopia
Broadcaster: NFTV

Song Title: Without You
Artist: Julia Kosonovo Age 9
Language(s): Polkopian, English
Title Translation: N/A

Method of Selection: Internal Selection
Information of your act/entry/artist: At an early age, Julia competed in various singing competitions in one of Polkopia's most prestigious primary private schools. Out of 11 competitions, she became the winner of 7, and runner up of 3 competitions.
Tune: Is It Trrue - Yohanna
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Calimera I
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Calimera I » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:54 am

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:Québec will participate, of course,and with The Ultimate Evil,its puppet.

O god.. Ultimate evil for kids..

Crolacia
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Crolacia » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:58 pm

Nation: The Kingdom of Crolacia
Broadcaster: CRT (Crolatisk Radio-Televisioon)

Song Title: Kagg På Din Lass
Artist: Magnus Frost (14)
Language(s): Crolacian
Title Translation: Look At You Right
Title Transcription: Latin

Method of Selection: NF (Won with 135 points)
Information of your act/entry/artist: TBA
Tune: Hold On 'Til The Night, by Greyson Chance
Last edited by Crolacia on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates