NATION

PASSWORD

Quincentennial Celebration in Tartarus [IC/Closed]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Elven Imperium
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Elven Imperium » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:44 am

Andy smiled at Alyssa as he listen to her talk. "Well then sounds like your friend is a interesting person to meet. I belive though that I will enjoy meeting her. She sound like a very nice person." In Andy's mind the word Jackpot went off. Here was Alyssa's best friend, Andy thought. This person she was going to talk to probably knew allot about Alyssa. Ok Ok Andy he thought. Don't interogate the poor girl. Alyssa will not repect you if you play twenty question with her friend. Andy just took a minute to eat, finishing his internal monologue.

Andy nodded at Alyssa comment about pleasant company. "Thank you Alyssa for the compliment. I appreciate it." It was nice Alyssa enjoyed his company, because he enjoyed hers. Diplomatic affairs never appealed to the young prince before coming to Tatarus. Most of his duties for the Empire was either fighting some enemy for the Empire or putting on a nice appearance for the Imperial officials so that it appeared the Imperial family supported some initiative or idea. When he was given his briefing of this ball, Andy was told that it was a ordinary celebration with dignitaries from Tartarus and outside. This did initially appealed to a young prince, who was living life that either involved combat or the thrill of the hunt in his spare time. But since being here and meeting these nice people, especially Alyssa, Andy had changed his thinking. Now he looked forward what he would enjoy from this ball.

Andy reach for a little card and gave it to Alyssa. On it was a phone number. "This my personal cellphone number while I am here in Gehenna Tartarus. Just give me a call in the morning or Afternoon and we can arrange a place and a time to meet. My schedule for the next few days is quite free." He paused for a moment and continued. "I look forward to you showing me a nice place in your town, to enjoy a good steak. I know I will not be disappointed." Andy gave her a smile when he said that.

Selessca nodded to Harry as she listen to his words again. "Yes I know I should learn to see thing in other people perspective, but my experience is limited. My dealing with people prior to this ball have been with other Elves, who share similar outlook on life to me. Your are really the first human I have met to enjoy a long conversation with. Thank you for being understanding with me." Selessca gave him a smile when she said that last statement.

Selessca grew a little concern as she heard Harry's next statement. "Yes Harry I believe I am beginning to understand. The Empire just your kingdom has gossip present. Elves, as I am finding out , seem to share many cultural norms with your nation. Your answer confirms what I had suspected before about person to person etiquette here. Now that I know that a little better now, I apperiate all that you have been doing for me here." Selessca raised her glace like a salute to Harry.

Selessca listen and nodded to Harry final statement. "Well I do not want you sully your reputation by spending to much time with me here at the ball. When we are done with dinner I will enjoy meeting with some people you like to introduce me to. Your right I should get to meet more people while I am here." As much as she enjoyed Harry's company he was right. She need to go mingle. Both she and her brother where hear to get to know the Tartarian better. It would be hard to make a accurate opinion with just one on source of information.

Selessca looked at her brother siting and enjoying dinner at another table. Her brother was enjoying dinner with the young princess she had met before. thinking about what Harry said, she turned back to Harry. "Do you think the gossip in the room is taking a poor view at my brother cause he spending allot of time with the princess?" Selessca made sure she said that low enough that the next able would not hear her question.
Empire of the Tel'Quessir (the people)
"The Elven Imperium"
Sha Coronal Celanor Ap Vyshaan the First

Leonische
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Leonische » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:27 am

Jessica & Lord Val

"I certainly can," answered Karmin as the group proceeded to the row of serving tables on the side of dining hall. "You said the First Lady often take her children to public gathering, right? I am myself usually accompanied by my sister. Well, Lisbeth isn't my real sister but she goes with me everywhere. I think all parties need children, they light the place up. But they shouldn't be too young to understand the importance of said gathering." Karmin turned to a chef who was standing behind a table. "May I have Wurst … sausage, Chef?"
Last edited by Leonische on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:32 am

Hugo & Kana

Hugo listened to Kana talking about food, not really paying attention to Tia and Mara who were walking behind them. He had heard mention of Perrin and had decided that he really did not need to hear how wonderful he was. Instead he kept his focus on the food and Kana, helping her select something that she would enjoy. “Lobster is a good choice, but personally I do not think you can find much better than roasted meats, especially if you are looking to sample a little of this and that. I do not mind mixing shrimp with some meats, but not really a fan of doing the same with lobster.”

He continued to wander along the tables, requesting this and that from the chefs as they went along. He was grateful that he did not have a mouthful of drink when Kana had asked about his love life, especially when she asked if he had a boyfriend. He did give her the oddest look, although he managed not to look too offended by her suggestion. If she had not been wearing her limiter, she might have picked up his thoughts earlier and not make quite an alarming suggestion.

“No, I am not seeing anyone right now,” he said, managing to break into a warm smile. He had seen a few people, but nothing serious. He was not ready to settle down and had not found the right girl yet or had not had any success with her if he had. “Too busy enjoying life and all that. What about you?” Unlike Kana, he did not speculate as to her sexual preferences, leaving that for her to mention if she so desired.

Tia & Mara

Tia pointed to an empty table that would hold about eight people, and made her way over to it, even though she had yet to actually find anything to eat. She could see that Hugo and Kana were still looking along the serving tables, and Nicholas and Ellenith were a little way behind, deep in conversation. She was grateful that she got a little time alone with Mara, without the others nearby, listening to their conversation.

“I still do not like sushi, regardless if it is trendy or not,” she said, as she pulled out a chair and sat down, before pouring herself a glass of water and then one for her friend. She waved over the waiter and ordered some ham, potatoes and salad and couple of bottles of wine, a mixture of red and white.

She could not help breaking into a huge smile as Mara talked about Perrin and what she had to say about his reaction to her. She was especially grateful to learn that he had not discussed their sex life, even with his family and friends. “I know it is really too early to say what will happen, but I really do have a good feeling about us. I cannot tell you how excited I get just seeing him,” she added, recalling how her heart pounded and how happy she felt when he was near her. “When I first met him, I really did not think I would even like him and now he means so much to me.”

She took a sip of her water and replaced the glass on the table. “I have met some really nice guys, but there is just something special about Perrin.” The waiter returned with her plate of food and put it down in front of her, before retreating to get the wine.

“What about you? How is your romance metre right now?” She knew that Mara had hooked up with a Roanian at Mary’s party and seemed to be hitting it off with some prince at her own, but she had not really seen much of Mara since the party, other than sharing an odd text, email or phone call here and there, and discussing guys was so much better in the flesh.
Nation name: The Empire of Tartarus
Nationality: Tartarian

Ruler: Her Imperial Majesty, Gehenna, Empress of Tartarus

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:04 am

Bruce, Rebecca & Lord Daniels

“If I say so myself, the chefs at the palace are very good, especially our head chef, Edmond Flavial,” Gehenna replied, smiling warmly at Bruce’s comment about trying out Tartarian cuisine. The Empire did not really have that many unique dishes, as it had incorporated many cultures during its existence. “You will find mostly traditional fare on the menu, but they are a few Tartarian delicacies mixed in for good measure. When creating a menu for so many people, one has to keep in consideration what is popular amongst large groups of people and preparation. I am one of those people that like to have their hot food hot when the plate is put in front of them and our menu choices today were designed with ease of keeping the food hot.”

She gave Rebecca’s question a little thought, allowing Ainulindalion time to pipe up first, but knew that he was more likely to wait on her to reply first. “If you like pasta, there is a pasta salad with tomato and basil sauce, one of Edmond’s own recipes, which I am a particularly fond of and I love any roast meat, which is another reason that we have it on the menu, especially bird or beef.” She paused for a little more thought. “And the salad that is on offer today, comes from our very own vegetable garden, and is entirely organic.”

Jessica & Karmin

Prince Val followed Jessica’s gaze around the room and then broke into a smile. “It appears that we are going to take a stroll,” he said, actually grateful that she had. He was more than willing to put in an order at a restaurant or at a formal dinner, but he was much happier walking around and making his own selections during an informal buffet. “At these functions, they always make more than they need, but the staff get to eat once they are finished with the serving and any food that is leftover is taken to local homeless facilities, to be share amongst those that need it.” Especially on festival days, the palace often over supplied with the sole purpose of making sure that some would be donated.

He ordered himself some food while he listened to Karmin talk about her sister. “I have to agree that having young people present can make a party, at the same time, I have to admit that there is a time and a place for children and people that are in an age group that does not suit the purpose of the event taking place.” He had been to events were people who were too young for the occasion had been present and had ruined the evening for the others. “I do not know how old your sister is, but we normally do not invite people below the age of sixteen to a function like this, and on some occasions seventeen or eighteen, depending on the host.”

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:23 am

The Elven Imperium

Alyssa took the card and looked at it for a moment, and then slipped it into the little purse that hung from her wrist. “Please do not expect an early morning call,” she said, with a light giggle in her voice. “The Ball could potentially go on until two o’clock and I would not like to wake up early and look all sleepy eyed when we have dinner.” She had never met anyone who was so excited about eating steak before, but then, she had never met an elf before either.

“I know this is going to be a very strange question,” she began, her brow furrowing a little, “but do you have streets, buildings and restaurants in your country?” She had never been to an Elven nation before and although she knew that Northrop-Grumman was very business orientated, she wondered if Andy’s homeland was the same. She had always imagined the Elves lived in mystical places, with exceptionally stunning scenery and huge trees and she could not picture him coming from a city like Erebus. “You must think me silly for asking, but I just cannot picture it in my head.”

Harry hoped that he had not offended Selessca, he had merely been trying to get her to see that time was different between the two of them and yet they seemed to share the same rules, so if she looked at things a little differently, she would see that they shared a lot of similar rules and restrictions. A day might seem like a blink of an eye to her, but to a human it was a day and a day could or could not ruin someone’s reputation.

“My reputation is unlikely to be as sullied as yours,” he said, giving her a warm smile, being as he was an unmarried man and she was an unmarried woman, out of the two of him, she would be the one more sullied, but he would not be considered a gentleman for allowing it to happen. “But people would look less kindly on me and it could ruin any chance that I have to making a good match in the future.”

Harry followed Selessca’s gaze to her brother, where he was sitting with Princess Alyssa. “No, I think that Alyssa will ensure that they spend time mingling with other people and that it does not appear that your brother is singling her out. If they knew each other better, after a reasonable amount of time, people would talk less, because they would assume that if he was spending a lot of time with her, he was getting ready to ask for her hand or officially ask to court her at the very least. But between two relative strangers, it can cause quite a stir.”

The Elven Imperium
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Elven Imperium » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:15 pm

Andy laugh a little when Alyssa giggle. It was the cutest and most attractive thing he had seen from the princess since he first met her. "That is fine Alyssa. Call me when you feel you like. I will be ready for for you call anytime. We Elves only rest for four hours. I will be fine in the morning if the party run late." In Andy mind he thought. Yes its official I like this woman allot. Andy look forward to tomorrow night with great anticipation.

Andy thought a moment on her question. "The Empire is a vast land with many different Elven kingdom population by different Elven tribes. Every Elf kingdom is styled differently. My race of the Sun Elves posses some of the amenities similar to your people. We have roads , building and places of business. where we differ is our materials and the way we build things. It hard for me to explain what one our cities look like. The only word i can say is magical. the other Elves live even more exotic then we sun Elves live. The Avariel live in a cities that float among the clouds. The Sea elves live in vast coral cities underwater. The wood Elves are the ones you would think of where most Elves live, in structures formed from the natural trees of the forest. hope one day you would honor me by see my country for yourself. I promise the experience eclipses an words that can be spoken for it."

Selessca nodded as she listen to Harry's words. "Well I don't want hurt either of our reputations. So when we are done I will let you show me some nice people to mingle with. I wouldn't want you to ruin your chances of finding a good match." Selessca giggle a little as she said that last line.

"Thank you Harry for that reassurement. I some times worry for my brother. He got a really good heart, but I do not think he not as reserved he should be. Nor as politically astute as he should be." Selessca hope her brother would not get in trouble. The explanation by Harry had done allot to relieve her fears about her brother and the princess. Selessca saw Alyssa giggle and then her brother laugh in response. "Too bad they look like they would make a cute couple."
"The Elven Imperium"

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:57 pm

The Elven Imperium

Alyssa was fascinated with the description of Andy’s home. If he had asked, she would have had to admit that she thought that Elves lived in trees or at least in the forest, or some mythical town that looked like it was made of leaves and twigs, even if it was made of stone. She was annoyed that she did not know more about where he came from, rather than romantic things she had read in novels. Of all the people she could have met at the ball, she was pleased that she had greeted the Elves, because she found them very interesting, even if Andy had embarrassed her a couple of times, but she got the feeling that he was trying his best to understand her, when most people would have walked off and found someone else to talk to.

“It sounds wonderful,’ she said, as she dug her fork into a piece of food and lifted it too her mouth. “I would love to be able to see it.” And she was genuine in what she said, she really did like how magically the Empire sounded with people living in trees, in the clouds and under the sea. “If I did come to visit, would be there to show me around or will you be too busy doing the whole prince thing?” There was also the whole persuading her parents, but she felt sure that they would let her, if she asked nicely and promised to behave. If not, the worst she could expect was a companion going with her.

Harry laughed at her remark and nodded his head. “I will make sure you get to spend some time with other people, it does not mean that we cannot have more time with each other, or that I actually have to disappear, if you think you would like me with you.” He did not want her to be uncomfortable during her time in Tartarus. They were trying to make a good impression. “On the other hand, dancing is really hard with more than two people, especially this ballroom stuff.”

He looked over at where Alyssa and Andy were sitting, as she mentioned how they looked together. “Your brother will be fine,” he said, as he turned his attention back to Selessca. “But you know, you really should not base things on looks alone. I hope that they are getting on with each other, but it takes more than meeting someone at a party to know if someone is right for someone else.” He gave her a smile. “It takes spending a good amount of time with someone to know if they are the one, right? I have spoken to nice girls at party, only to find that I could not deal with them in the light of day. People can put on an act for a short period, but over a longer period, sometimes the mask slips.”

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:07 pm

Tia and Mara

Mara looked thoughtful. "I dunno...I keep thinking I need to settle down. I've been living kind of a wild life for a while. You know what Tia, I never imagined anything different until recently. But it's just...draining me lately. It's like between friendships, lovers, boyfriends and all that kinda thing I'm going a bit crazy. The Nords are dragging their feet or being ceremonious about the engagement--and it's driving me nuts." she said, quietly but passionately. "I feel frustrated. I have one boyfriend right now but I feel like why am I even bothering, and...I think I'm tired of all the partying. At least the way I've been doing it. Like I go and well...hookup with a guy, and then he is either pestering me later on or just not getting that it was hooking up. I'm tired of doing it. This may sound weird but in a way tonight you were right. Like holy crap, I just want some stability for a bit. I love having fun but it's so topsy turvy..."
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:56 pm

Tia and Mara

Tia listened to Mara, almost surprised by what she was saying. She was not the princess’ closest friend and had only met her a handful of times, but the times that she had been with her, she always seemed to like doing crazy things and even going out of her way to shock people. It felt strange hearing her admit that it was time to settle down and stop all the sleeping around. The Tartarian could not help raising an eyebrow and staring momentarily at the young woman, as if she was waiting for her to laugh and say she was joking.

But at the same time, she did understand what Mara was talking about. She had not realised it herself, but she actually liked being with someone who actually cared and was not just about a quick fuck and maybe another if the opportunity arose. Tia had not been anticipating a relationship with Perrin when she had sex with him at Mara’s party, but now she could not imagine anything else.

“You know, you are the only one who can make the change,” she said, giving Mara an understanding smile, once the surprise had worn off. “It is your life and you make the decisions. Well, other than the whole getting married to a complete stranger.” She was so grateful that she could pick who she dated and eventually married, or at least to a point anyway. Her parents could pick a husband for her, if they found one that they thought could help the family, but her sisters had made their choice and as long as they assumed she was doing everything like a good Tartarian noble’s daughter should, they would leave her to make her own decisions.

“So, tell me about this boyfriend.” She recalled that Mara had picked up a Roanian at Mary’s party, but she really did not think that had lasted. Roanians were a little hard work, if you were not into that clingy, rushed kind of relationship. “Anyone I might know?”

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:16 pm

Mara and Tia

"That Roanian guy? Haven't heard from him since. And I guess that's what is bothering me...it just really hit me seeing you with Perrin tonight, and realizing that all that he'd mentioned and you'd mentioned were summed up in that dance, and the importance of meeting your parents...and I just thought it was normal, you get a marriage arranged, and if you fall in love it's probably not with your spouse. But now it's just really creeping up on me, you know?" Mara shook her head and laughed at herself. "Listen to me, all serious. Okay well there's not one but two guys I met at the WA, and I like them both but for different reasons. There's one--he's kinda older but he's very smart, and he's a good lover. The other one--hard to say what kind of lover he is, because he was hasty and he's got some secrets. They both have. Gah. Political people..." she shook her head, spearing a piece of goose as though it were her frustrations embodied. "It may sound dumb, and so whatever freudian b.s. but I think it's just that my parents are so..." she took a deep frustrated breath. "In public they're all royalty and charm and pleasant--but kind of informal as my people are--and then in private they are totally decadent. Like it's just so normal to me that...well you know how you sometimes catch yourself being exactly like your parents, and you never planned it or thought about it? Shit, I'm rambling...I guess I'm just...seeing you and Perrin...a little jealous, that's all. And so I guess I'm having like this epiphany or whatever...like maybe I need to slow down a little, see what my husband to be is really like...and yet then I can never somehow just end up meeting him!" she shook her head. "So I'm frustrated, you know?"
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:50 pm

Mara & Tia

“You know, some arranged marriages do work,” Tia said, knowing a few people who had their spouses chosen for them, as a way of fixing family feuds or as a deal to strengthen a title’s prestige by marrying it to a stronger one, and the money incentive was always very useful if a dowry was included in the package. “A cousin of mine got married to some titled guy, his family had financial issues, she was the daughter of a pretty wealthy second son. Everyone pitied her, but she is actually happier with her husband than Sarah – my sister – is with hers, and she picked him herself.”

She cut a piece of ham and was about to lift it two her mouth, when the announcement that Mara had two boyfriends reached her ears. “Two? Are they really boyfriends, or just someone you slept with?” The Tartarian was of the opinion that a guy was really only a boyfriend after a couple of dates or if they had indicated that they were interested in more than just fling. “I mean, have you seen them since and done stuff that was not just…sex?”

Finally she popped the ham in her mouth and chewed thoughtfully. “As to turning into your parents, you have a choice about that too,” she said, once she had swallowed. “Do you honestly think that everyone in this room follows the rules? There are some who are very open about having extra-marital relationships and there are some who are so good at hiding it that you would never know. I could not tell you if my parents had lovers or not, because if they have given no sign of it. You can be what you want to be and I know that you are a strong enough woman that whatever you decide to do, you will achieve it.”

If they were not sat around the table, Tia would have given her a hug, but instead, she placed her hand on top of the princess’. “And you have nothing to be jealous of Perrin and me about, because I know that if you wanted it, you could have it too. But I do understand why you feel frustrated. I have been there. All this makes me frustrated sometimes.”

New Naggoroth
Envoy

Founded: Nov 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby New Naggoroth » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:38 pm

Ellenith was overwhelmed by the choice on offer. She had to take a moment to think about what it was that she wanted to eat, as the gnawing need of her stomach wasn't going to let itself be ignored. "Is there anything in particular you recommend, Nicholas?" she asked, as the prince lead her around to the first station, allowing her to get herself a plate. "I mean, I think I'd like to try some of that goose there, and maybe some salad, but I..."

"Please do keep her away from the cilantro, Your Highness" Lady Aeselle said to the pair as she appeared behind them in the line, a plate of her own in hand, "And anything with rosemary. I understand humans are quite fond of both in cooking, but they do quite unpleasant things to our digestion."

"Yes, thank you mother." Elly said with a slight scowl, while doing her best to still smile and not sound too petulant. "I was just about to mention that to Nicholas."

"Well, enjoy your dinner," she said with a smirk and a wink, departing again as soon as she arrived to secure herself a very rare looking piece of steak.

"So..." Elly spoke again a moment later, somewhat perplexed, "Suggestions?"
New Naggoroth factbook

Klowr
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Klowr » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:46 pm

"Such a sad thing. Isn't it." Dianne sighed, picking up the glass of wine in-front of her, gulping down the liquid. She looked around her table, wondering if anyone else would join her and Stuart. Not that she had not appreciate Stuart's company, she had seen some 'elf-looking' people around her. But her table seemed rather empty.
Her highness, Consul Keria Brandywine-Brackenbrook; Consul of the Klowrian Commonwealth, representive of the Klowrian people, and Commander-in-Chief of the Klowrian Armed Forces.
Member of; The Stonewall Alliance (An LGBT Rights organization) Proud member of the International Criminal Police and Peacekeepers Organization, Unite!, and Alliance of Socialist Comrades
Currently at war with: -None-
Defcon Status: 4 (No current threats of war, but threats in future exist)
"We have nothing to fear but fear itself"
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Proud World Federalist. If you don't you are holding back humanity.

SNP= Nationalistic chest pounding Gorillas

I am a brony, for at least a year already. Go Fluttershy :3

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:56 pm

Ellenith & Nicholas

Prince Nicholas was surprised that Ellenith was allergic to rosemary and coriander, as it seemed a very odd thing. He knew people who had problems with peanuts and some who were lactose intolerant, but never someone who could not eat a couple of herbs. It took all sorts to make up the world…or the universe. He gave Lady Aeselle a smile and was a little surprised by her wink about enjoying dinner. He watched as she walked away and then turned his attention back to the young woman, as she asked her question.

“You will be safe with the goose,” he said, as he looked at the meats on offer. “As long as you stick to the roasts, you should be fine. The potatoes are also free of both of the herbs that your mother mentioned, and as long as you are not allergic to mint, you again will be fine. Personally, I am thinking of some minted boiled potatoes. But if you find anything that you like the look of, we can always check with the chefs to make sure you will not have any problem with them.” He did not want her to have a reaction to something she ate on his watch.

“And make sure that you save some space for dessert,” he added, as he pointed to the goose and ordered for both of them. “The main courses are always good, but the desserts are definitely the best part of the meal. I am hoping there is some chocolate cake or pudding of some kind.”

The Elven Imperium
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Elven Imperium » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:58 pm

Andy smiled as Alyssa ask her question. "Alyssa if you visited my country I would personally make it my mission to show you the wonders of my country. I promise to give you a royal tour of my nation. If there is a sight or palace that would interest you with in the Empire. I will take you to see it. I guarantee that will be a trip you will not forget." Andy was happy she loved his country. He wasn't lying that he would give her royal trip. If she manage to actually make it to his nation, Andy promised himself he would pull out all the stops. He would calling in favors and use influence to give the princess the best trip she ever had.

Selessca nodded at Harry's response. "I understand what you trying to do for me Harry and I appreciate it. I will enjoy meeting more people, but I do like to spend more time with you. In fact you mention dancing I would like you to be my next partner for a dance if that is possible?"

Selessca looked at harry when he made is comment about her brother. "So you say my brother is going to be alright. That make me feel better. And I guess I would have have to agree with your assessment about relationships. It does take a while to develop a good compatibility between people. I guess the old saying is true. You can't judge a book by cover. Weather their female...or male."
"The Elven Imperium"

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:48 am

The Elven Imperium

Princess Alyssa met Andy’s eyes and smiled charmingly, as she listened to him talk about a trip to his nation. She was particularly enchanted when he said that he would personally conduct the tour. If she did go, she hoped that he would be able to spend at least some time showing her around, but she did not expect him to be there every moment, because she knew that he probably had things to do, being a prince and having responsibilities. But even if he could make some of the time with her, she would enjoy that very much.

“I know that you are busy,” she said, as she lowered her eyes to her plate. “But I hope that we can arrange a visit. I would like that very much.” As she finished, she looked up at him before once more focusing on her fork. She took a bite and chewed slowly, savouring the taste and thinking. “I wonder how long I would need to see a good selection of the nation, because I would like to see all the different Elven environments, but starting with the Vysshan…” she sighed, as once more she failed to pronounce it properly, “city first.”

The Elven Imperium & Klowr

Harry looked at Selessca and shook his head. “I would love to dance the next dance with you, but you have already spent the first two in my company, you really need a new dance partner for the next one,” he said, genuinely sorry that he thought it would not be a good idea. “We can probably dance again later, but honestly, Selessca, you need to mingle a little more. I know that meeting new people can be a little daunting, but for a princess, I would have hoped that you had a little more practice at pushing yourself onto other people. I know that both Princess Alyssa and Princess Marissa have no problem approaching people.” After all, it was the princess that had approached Andy and Selessca in the first place.

He looked around the dining room and saw a table that had a foreign dignitary and one of the Empire’s own ministers. “Come on, I will introduce you to some new people over dinner. You do not have to dance with Mister Marsden, but you can at least say hello to him and the lady he is with.”

Harry walked over to the table and looked at Stuart, who greeted the young man and the princess with a pleasant smile. “Good evening, Lord Greenham, Princess Selessca” he said. “May I introduce you to Ms Dianne Granger, Vice-Preliarnia of the Commonwealth of Klowr.” He turned to his companion. “Dianne, may I introduce Princess Selessca Ap Vyshaan and Lord Harry Greenham.”

The younger Tartarian nodded his head in greeting to Dianne and indicated some spare chair around the table. “Would you mind if we joined you for dinner?”

Stuart pointed to a couple of chairs. “Please, be our guests.”

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:38 am

Tia and Mara

Mara exclaimed, "You are so blessed, you know...did you know Perrin was my hero when I was a little girl? He was older than me, and you know how it is, right, when you're just five or six and someone else is in their early teens they're like OLD compared to you--and..." Mara got a little misty eyed, "Do you know, he never called me a tag along; he never complained about me wanting to hang out. I could count on him for anything. My older brother Adam just thought I was a pest. Perrin never treated me like one. And you know how he is, he'd just be like 'my way or the highway' and all that, and he developed that fu...that bloody speech while he was in cadets, it used to drive us all bonkers, but he meant it. He'd stand up to anyone for his friends, he has the courage of a badger. I love him," she said, looking at Tia, "And I'm so happy he's found you, you're such a good person for him." her lip quivered but she controlled herself as best she could, and laughing at herself said, "Something too much of this like they said in Othello--or was it MacBeth? Anyway tell me all the stuff you like about him!"

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:41 pm

Mara & Tia

Tia had stopped eating while Mara was talking, a slight smile on her lips as she listened to her friend talk about her relationship with Perrin. She did not have any brothers, but her oldest sister was very much like the princess’ brother in not wanting anything to do with her and calling her a pest. She had male cousins, but none of them were interested in girls until they were old enough to appreciate their finer qualities.

“You are blessed to have him in your life,” she said, her smile growing. “The first time I had a guy look out for me – other than my father – was when Catherine got married. She is my oldest sister. Miles is great, he took us to a theme park for the first time and was always suggesting doing fun things. At eleven, he was my hero and I hoped that I would find someone just like him. And you know, I think I have.”

She thought about the times she had shared with Perrin and although she had that faraway look, she was also smiling. “He is fun to be with. That first weekend that we were together, I do not think that I have had so many good memories in so short a time. He is caring, considerate. He is very loyal; you can tell he has great affection and respect for his family and friends. He is dedicated.” She paused for a moment and looked at Mara. “He is wonderful, I cannot really say much more than that.” She could have probably said a lot more, but she did not want to sound like a gushing school girl, nor did not feel the need to share his sexual prowess with her friend

The Elven Imperium
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Elven Imperium » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:05 pm

For Gehenna Tartarus

Andy smiled at Alyssa. "I would really enjoy playing host for you if you visit my country. Do not worry about interrupting my duties. Actually if there is no war or emergency going on for my country, I have few if any duties. I am the second son of the Imperial family, my presence is not as required as my brother. You have nothing to worry about. " Andy took a pause. "It really depends how how much you want to see. To get a good sampling of what my nation can offer probably take a few weeks to a good couple of months. Lucky traversing the land is easy because of teleport gates. Oh Alyssa how do you feel about magic? It purveys our land. To my people magic is as natural as using a cellphone. I hope you don't have issues with it." Andy chuckled a little bit as Alyssa response. "Alyssa. Vyshaan is my family name. While some member of my family like to think we are our country, the kingdom we rule is called by another name. Aryvandaar. As for the city do you mean the capital of the Empire? Which is Tal'en'Quessir. Or do you wish to see the capital of Aryvandaar?" Andy finish his question and let the princess respond.

For Gehenna Tartarus and Klowr

Selessca bow before taking a seat. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mister Marsden and Vice-Preliarnia Granger. I look forward to enjoying your company and will happily answer any question you have about me and my kingdom." Finishing with her formal statement, Selessca took her seat, after Harry held it out for her. Selessca wanted to make a good first impression so she choose a more formal introduction.
"The Elven Imperium"

New Naggoroth
Envoy

Founded: Nov 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby New Naggoroth » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:36 pm

"Well, 'allergy' wouldn't quite be the correct term," Ellenith said as they strolled through the buffet, collecting different items to try, seemingly quite happy to talk about something she is fairly knowledgable about, "Certain compounds in the plants cannot be digested, and when left in the system become toxic. Not life threatening, mind you, but extremely unpleasent..." she scooped up some potatoes and lightly drizzled them with gravy, some of which she scooped up on her fingertip to sample, "It's not that dissimilar to how the theobromine found in a serving of chocolate, while harmless to humans in that quantity, is enough to kill a household feline."

Mentioning chocolate, as well as Nicholas' note about dessert, made Elly's eyes almost light up, "Yes, dessert! Oh, I probably shouldn't, but then, I'm on vacation... Yes, we'll have to try plenty of those!"
New Naggoroth factbook

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Mara and Tia

"This is a good dinner...yes, well I don't mind saying I'm happy for you dozens of times!" said Mara warmly. "I think you're like one of my other best friends--I mean no offense, my oldest bestest friend is Anneli...but you're definitely becoming a best one, because I feel like I can talk to you about anything, and you to me too...if we were younger I'd give you a friendship bracelet! Hey, what happened to Ellenith and Kana, speaking of friends?" she asked, looking around.

Solont
Envoy

Founded: May 04, 2009
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Solont » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:00 am

Kana caught Hugo's shocked expression, and her cheeks flushed red with embarrassment for the nth time that evening. With the limiter on she had no way of knowing which way Hugo's proclivities went, but she didn't want to put her foot in her mouth by making assumptions and guesses. There was just no way to avoid a little awkwardness in the situation. Still, she was glad that he was kind enough not to make a scene over her little mistake. “Sorry, sorry...” She explained, smiling awkwardly. “I didn't want to, you know... Well, you know what I mean. Sorry.”

“And no, sadly. I've had a few girlfriends over the years. Some were just quick things, you know? There's nothing more frightening than being alone, and... well, sometimes you just need to be with someone,” She spoke without hesitation; she knew that homosexuality wasn't universally accepted in the Earth Sphere, but Hugo, despite the shocked look he'd given her, seemed the type not to be too terribly offended. Kana was always completely open, honest, and eager to share herself with others, to a fault. “Others were... well, they were really special. The kind of thing you think will last forever,” Kana said, smiling sadly. “They say the first love is always the hardest.”

Despite the tinge of regret in her voice, Kana didn't mind talking about such a sensitive and personal thing. It was just how she'd always lived; no one could keep any secrets from her, so she kept none from anyone. And even with such a heavy topic of conversation on her mind, she couldn't refrain from striking a genuinely excited smile when her food arrived.

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:11 pm

The Elven Imperium

As Alyssa listened to Andy, she thought about the amount of time he said it would take to see the nation and she knew that she would not be able to spend more than a couple of weeks at the most. She would have liked to be able to take as much time as possible, but her mother was going to be hard pushed to agree to a brief trip, so months would be out of the question. “I think it will be weeks rather than months,” she said, smiling at him, hoping that he did not mind that she could not stay for very long.

At his question about magic, she actually got a little excited. “Oh, I love magic. My favourite is when they make things disappear or chop people in two. I do not like card tricks or the ball in the cups thing, and I get a little worried about watching the escaping from water, because it looks so dangerous.” She looked at Andy and laughed at herself.

Then she blinked at his next questions. She had not meant to imply that the capital was called Vyshaan, she was merely trying to point out that she would like to see where he lived. “Well, I would like to see the capital of the Empire, but I would much prefer to see where you come from. But what we get to see will depend on time constraints, but Aryvandaar would be a good place to start.”

[ooc: I’m going to give Klowr a chance to answer before responding to Selessca]

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:59 pm

New Naggaroth

Whatever the actually issue with the herbs, Nicholas was glad that Ellenith’s mother had mentioned them in his hearing, so that he would make sure that his guest did not get any ailments during the dinner. She might not die from eating them, but being in pain was almost as bad. “We will just make sure that you do not eat anything that you are not supposed to. Some things are made with herbs, but during a party for a lot of people, they tend to keep things as simple as possible to ensure that people who do not like something or other do not get less of a choice."

He looked over at the dessert table and then towards the seating, where he could see Mara and Tia already sitting down. “Is there anything more you want to look at, or is your plate full enough for us to find a seat?” He had picked up a selection of meats and vegetables, that filled the plate, but it did not overflow. He indicated the two girls already seated. “It looks like we are sitting over there. Is that okay with you?”

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:06 pm

Mara and Tia

Tia nodded her head and picked a piece of salad up with her fork. She looked at it for a moment, before popping it into her mouth and chewing. She had barely finished swallowing when she broke into a huge grin at Mara’s words. “I feel the same way about you,” she said, as she looked at the princess. She could remember the first time they had talked with each other at Mary’s party. Both of them were more than a little worse for wear and spent most of the conversation laughing about things that probably were not funny. The same conversation with a sober mind might have gone completely different.

“I shall imagine that we have invisible friendship bracelets, that cannot be broken,” she added, really pleased that Mara thought of her as a best friend. “And that way, they will go with every outfit. Accessorising is important, after all.” She laughed lightly and then looked around for Kana and Ellenith, who were still making their selections. “I think they will be here soon. Nicholas and Ellenith look about done and Kana…oh, dear, she looks like she might have put her foot in it again. Are you not glad that you have me to stop you doing silly things?” She gave Mara a wink and laughed again.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates