NATION

PASSWORD

Quincentennial Celebration in Tartarus [IC/Closed]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Solont
Envoy

Founded: May 04, 2009
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Solont » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:44 am

Prince Nicholas

“I'd be delighted to join you in dance, Prince Nicholas. Or should I just call you Nicholas?” Kana said with a smile, accepting the prince's outstretched hand and rising to her feet. She'd learned from her experiences with Hugo; she kept any notions about taking the lead to herself and herself alone. With Tia, Mara, and Elly taking to the dance floor, she wasn't keen to be left behind even if her stomach was a little full. Besides, Hugo had proven to be rather handsome, charming, and had a roguish smile that drove the girls crazy, and Kana was keen to see if all Tartarian men were like that. James, perhaps, could learn a thing or two from them...

Aeselle, Joshua

“A visit to Solont?” Valcione asked. “I'm sure it could be arranged. We're still in a period of major reconstruction, but I feel we're at the point that we could accommodate guests. Our planet has much to offer, even if its bruises haven't quite healed. Yes, we'd be honored to host you in an official capacity, though I'm afraid courtly functions like these are not so much a part of our tradition. As far as an unofficial visit went... Well, I'm sure Kana and I would love to have guests in our home.” The segonune said with a smile. “The same offer goes for you and yours as well, Joshua.”

The Elven Imperium
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Elven Imperium » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:37 pm

To Marissa and Alyssa

Andy continue to dance with Marissa, as he thought about her question. "Well Marissa. I enjoy also swimming, riding, and singing. I also like archery, marksmanship and swordplay. I too enjoy a good book at times, but my father wishes I study more when I was younger." Andy paused for a moment. "Well I never played tennis before. Perhaps you and Alyssa could teach me that some day?" Andy thought that be a great way for all three of them to spend some time together. He hope Marissa like that idea as well.

Andy then paused for a moment. He wanted to ask her a question about Alyssa. But what he really wanted to know was how to court a Tartarian lady. He suffer a little mental anguish as he tried to figure out what question to ask her. Finally he just gave up and ask a question he wasn't sure was appropriate or wise to ask. Andy desire honesty between him and Marissa. He was tried of the subterfuge and politicking. He was doom to do that through his entire life. The price of being a Vyshaan. "Marissa. How do you feel about me becoming a friend of Alyssa?" Andy said it with a strait face. He natural wanted to ask her Marissa. How do you feel about me dating Alyssa, but stop himself. He felt that was too much to ask at the moment. Even though he hated holding back his honesty.
Last edited by The Elven Imperium on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Empire of the Tel'Quessir (the people)
"The Elven Imperium"
Sha Coronal Celanor Ap Vyshaan the First

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:20 pm

Kana & Nicholas

“You may call me Nicholas, if you prefer,” Nicholas replied, giving Kana a smile. Unlike his cousin, he was not one to normally give up on formality quite so quickly, but he had done the same for Ellenith, so there was no reason why he would not do so with his current dance partner. He and Hugo might share a lot in common, but Hugo was certainly more roguish than Nicholas, but then Nicholas was the older of the two and had always been the one trying to keep the other out of trouble. “Please use whatever makes you comfortable. Would you prefer me to call you Kana or Miss Solis?”

As he led his partner onto the floor, he gave a brief look to see where everyone was in relation to them. There was nothing worse than starting off and running into someone he had not noticed. “I have no idea what you and my cousin talked about and I do not wish to make you repeat everything that you spoke to him about, so let me ask something that I don’t think my cousin would have spoken about.” He paused for a moment in thought and then grinned. “What kind of movies do you like to watch? I mean, I assume you have movies on Solont. I am not that well versed in your nation, so you might watch something like movies that are not movies.”

Aeselle, Joshua & Valcione

Joshua listened while he ate, nodding his head while Valcione spoke. “I appreciate the offer,” he said, not really expecting to be included in the invitation. “I am not sure that I am ready to embark on a space flight just yet, but I will most certainly think about your offer. Perhaps I will transfer my invitation to my son or daughter, both of whom would love to go. Princes Nicholas and Hugo, my nephew, have often spoken about going into space. They have been talking about visiting the Machiavelli Station a few times, but have not been yet.”
Nation name: The Empire of Tartarus
Nationality: Tartarian

Ruler: Her Imperial Majesty, Gehenna, Empress of Tartarus

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:28 pm

Marissa & Andy

Marissa nodded and smiled as Andy listed off the things he enjoyed doing, noting a few of those were similar to things that she and Alyssa also found pleasure in. Not that either of them had ever picked up a sword, though she was did have a wooden sword fight with Hugo, at least until he had whacked her fingers with his. “Tennis can be fun, more so if you have a doubles game, which is much easier if you have never played before. I do not know how long you plan to stay, but I am sure Alyssa and I can arrange a game if you are interested,” she said, wondering if he was trying a little too hard to become friends with her and her cousin.

The princess raised an eyebrow at his next question, a little surprised that he had asked her what she thought about him and Alyssa being friends. “Your highness, I have no say in who Alyssa takes as a friend and I would not presume to think that I had a right to have feelings one way or another,” she replied, giving him her most charming smile as she played dodging the question. She was almost flattered that he was asking whether she thought the two should be friends, but she kind of got the feeling that she was not the only one beating around the bush a little. “It is entirely up to Alyssa who she makes friends with, and her family of course. Tartarian parents can be a little strict on who their daughters can and cannot be friends with.”

New Naggoroth
Envoy

Founded: Nov 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby New Naggoroth » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:53 pm

Ellenith

It wasn't for the first time that the poor elven girl had turned red. 'How could I have made such a terrible mistake like that?' she thought to herself. It was quite the faux pas, at least according to the courtly standards she'd been raised to. Relief flooded through her a moment later, though, as her dance partner either had the good graces as to not appear offended, or actually didn't seem to mind. These humans were turning out to be all right.

"Oh, ah, I'm quite sorry, Harry..." she said, a bashful look on her face as she spoke, "I'm afraid that I only knew a few people, such as Tia, Mara and Kana by reputation. They're all friends, I think, with my sister."

She let the dance continue to a little while in silence, as the music was quite charming and easy to listen to. With too many questions running through her head, though, Elly couldn't pass the chance up to ask a few. "English is... well, not my first language. It's quite strange to me, still, though I've spoken it for a few years now," she spoke eagerly, unable to hide the curiosity in her voice, "Your names are all so unusual! Tell me, what does your name mean, Harry?"

Aeselle

Aeselle smiled and waved her hand at the mention of more courtly functions, "As much as I've enjoyed tonights festivities, it would be nice to visit somewhere without all the pomp and circumstance. Splitting time between two difference courts is enough for me," Aeselle said, a small smirk on her lips. She finished her steak before speaking again, "And I'm sure that both Scarlet and Elly would love to see everything Solont has to offer. Both of them just love exploring new places."
New Naggoroth factbook

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:16 pm

Ellenith & Harry

Harry smiled at Ellenith, feeling a little bad that he had made her blush, it had not been his intention. He had merely hoped that he could give her his real name without making too much of a fuss about it. After all, when she spoke about him to her friends, he wanted to make sure that he got the credit for being the dashing dance partner, not someone called Greenhorn. But in reality, he had not really been that concerned by the mistake, as it was so easy to misunderstand someone when it was noisy.

“At least you knew someone,” he said, giving her a smile that he hoped would make her feel more comfortable in his company. “Even if it is only through your sister. Everyone you were having dinner with seemed pretty friendly.” He only knew the Tartarians who were in the group but he had heard tales about Mara and Kana. If he gave it some thought, he would even recall some stories about Scarlett.

He remained silent while she did, giving her time to enjoy the dancing, though he was pleased when she spoke again. “You speak it very well,” he said, smiling warmly. “I don’t have any idea to speak your language, so I’m glad that you know English, otherwise this would be a very awkward conversation.” He could not help chuckling at the idea of trying to dance and use primitive sign language to communicate. “As for my name, I think it means handsome and charming,” he teased, his expression giving him away. “Actually, I have no idea. What about yours? What does your name mean?”

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:27 pm

The evening continued with two waltzes and then the music continued, but in a more lively fashion to accompany the fireworks that took place in the city of Erebus. The guests were invited to move out onto the patio for a better look. The fireworks would continue for twenty minutes, with the orchestra playing the same music that would be blasted out at the firework site and on the television. It would finish with a large 500 being displayed on one of the major bridges over the river. When the display had finished, people returned to the ballroom, where the music was more upbeat.

While the guests were outside, the dining room was cleared and some card games were started by some of the older people gathered, who were not too keen on dancing, and in one corner a group of old timers sat smoking their cigars and drinking brandy, discussing the issues that were affecting the world and Tartarus. Bellows of laughter could be heard every now and then when one of them said something funny.

Some of the older ladies had gathered around tables, talking about the behaviour of this or that young person, or sharing the latest gossip. They tended to leave the dance floor to the younger generation, who were bounding around in a series of dances. The Empress and Lord Daniels took to the floor when they played a tango, which had the young woman laughing when she finally stepped off the floor and continued her rounds with the guests, both international and national.

At quarter to twelve, Gehenna formally thanked everyone for coming and then left the ballroom for the evening, which was the queue for the older generation to begin to make their way home, while the younger people could remain for another couple of hours, dancing to more modern music. As with all Tartarian functions, there were chaperones on hand to ensure that no funny business took place.

By two o’clock the final guests left the palace, making their way home via their own vehicles or transport that had been laid on by the palace. And hopefully, a good time had been had by all.

[ooc: I’m winding this up as most of the people have stopped posting now. Thank you all for taking part.]

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates