NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates vs Gholgoth: Deadliest Warrior (OOC, Signups)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Venezio
Envoy

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Venezio » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:33 pm

Glaswegistan wrote:
Venezio wrote:
Match-up's not bad. Winter warriors vs cowboys -should be interesting. Btw, am I still allowed to edit my app so I can add all the weapon stats and stuff?

Zidabors VS Cowboys, if that doesn't count as irregular warfare, I don't know what does...

...Where's the profile of your guys? I've raked the thread and not found it, and "Know your enemy" holds true even in the spirit of friendly competition :p

It's two posts above your application if you look hard enough

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:53 pm

Can my round start fairly soon, please?

Glaswegistan
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Libertarian Police State

Postby Glaswegistan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:47 am

Venezio wrote:
Glaswegistan wrote:
Zidabors VS Cowboys, if that doesn't count as irregular warfare, I don't know what does...

...Where's the profile of your guys? I've raked the thread and not found it, and "Know your enemy" holds true even in the spirit of friendly competition :p

It's two posts above your application if you look hard enough

Thanks, not sure how I missed that, exactly. The joys of 37 hours continuous function and a lack of coffee, I suppose
21:46 Trans|Work Theres something wrong with every one of you.

No ideas are bad, but some are just stupid ~ Unknown

I quit ~ SsgtKirill

Undivulged Principles
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Undivulged Principles » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:41 am

Cool. Sounds quite similar to the Dueling Rounds my former puppet used to run about 8 years ago.

One question: why does Gholgoth nations get a guaranteed place in the final?
- I could RP my big toe to be more powerful than your nation. That doesn't mean it applies in NS
~ Source? I'm not your mommy. Do your own homework. Not providing third party support for opinions. Don't believe look it up yourself, or not. Idc
~ democracy allows the least qualified to judge the most..

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 09, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Holy Marsh » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:51 am

New Hayesalia wrote:Can my round start fairly soon, please?

Yes. I just need your opponents' information.

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Postby Holy Marsh » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:48 am

Graditora
Senator

Founded: Jul 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:47 am

Part 1-basic
Warrior name: RA Soldier
Height: Varies
Weight: Varies
Gear: Steel V2 Pickelhaube, 1914 Standard issue invertible field jacket, Webbing, 3 days worth of food and separate stowage for it.
Years Active: 1782-Present
Loyalties: King and Country
Nation of origin: Graditora
Expert one: Andrew Robertshaw
Robert is an expert on WW1 and trench warfare of the time and will be showing how the RA soldier would fight in a battle and approach a situation in there shoes.
Expert two: Fredrick Albertstein
Fredrick is an expert on combat of an RA soldier.

Part 2- Warrior
Appearance of warrior: RA Black Uniform
RA Black Uniform(Inverted forest Issue)
RA Black Uniform(Inverted Arctic Issue
Gas Masks on an bayonets mounted
Over looking a field
Warrior Bio: Warrior Bio: The Graditoran RA was first founded 1782 in a Merchants shop when he requested an enlistment of men defend Holderstat. So many soldiers enlisted that the King made the merchant Commander and handed out weapons and uniforms(stolen from British navy ships). The now equipped army stood guard for Holderstat for 20 years till they expanded into the surrounding lands setting up forts and recruiting more. The uniforms where dyed either Black, Dark Grey or Brown. Training at the time was extreme for standards of other countries making them jog with full battle equipment from Vershanna to Holderstat and back(50 miles) non stop. Soldier died but this was expected and only the best where wanted and the best where received. This is now just a tradition for only the most daring of soldiers.

In 1800's the army imported the best they could employing new bolt action rifles and American uniforms yet again dying them Black or Dark Grey. Training had not significantly increased and the 50 mile jog was still in place as being mandatory. In 1856 the soldiers where deployed in action in a foreign country for the first time. The enemy Generals had predicted that the hot weather, rapid insects and the harassment of their armies would cause route or completely eradicate the Graditorans. But to the surprise, not a single soldier ran or died from infection. The land was captured in less then 2 weeks. This showed the world that the GR was a prime contender.
Historical Battles/Significance, Lifestyle: The RA participated in the surprise attack battle of "Frick" which was extremely successful using Guerrilla warfare as the base concept. The battle went onto a stalemate when each side couldn't win. So the RA commanders planned a mass ambush retracting many of it's soldiers and hiding a large majority. The Germans thought that the Graditorans retreated and rushed forward. But to their mistake the soldiers sprung the traps and opened fire on the Germany Army crippling their attack so much it lead to their defeat of GR spoil 1 week later.

Part 3- Weapons
(The more information I have, pictures and write-ups included as well as statblocks, the better it is.)
Close Range weapon:
Sawtooth Sword Bayonet
Length: 16in
Long Barreled Luger
Caliber: 9x19mm Para
Length:10in
Action: Semi Auto
Mid range:
GR-98
Caliber: 8x64mm S
Length: 40in
Action: Bolt Action
GR-98-SL
Caliber: 8x64mm S
Length: 36in
Action: Semi or Fully Automatic
Long range: Scoped Versions of the GR98's
Special weapon:Flame Grenade
Other weapon: Officer Saber
Last edited by Graditora on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Favorite Quote: "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge"- Thomas Carlyle
The Shadow of F7
Pronounced: "Grah-deh-tor-ah" | Now with a wiki!
Luziyca wrote:You were the one responsible for the Second Amendment.

Bafuria wrote:If I was allowed to carry I would carry a pistol with big, loud muzzle blast, something that says "I JUST SHOT YOU D:<".

Ea90 wrote:Someone knows what they want.

Romberg wrote:You do not mess with the nation with a scorpion on its flag.

Descedant of George Reed. Delaware signer of the Deceleration of Independence.

Automagfreek
Ambassador

Postby Automagfreek » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:52 am

Undivulged Principles wrote:One question: why does Gholgoth nations get a guaranteed place in the final?

Read the OP, and the thread title. Gholgoth faces itself, and the rest of the world faces itself, then the two finalists duel it out.
Founded on March 24th, 2003
Proud founder and Lord of Gholgoth
Condemned by Security Council Resolution #82
Join the religion of war. Become a Vanmakti warrior today.

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Postby Holy Marsh » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:08 pm

Undivulged Principles wrote:Cool. Sounds quite similar to the Dueling Rounds my former puppet used to run about 8 years ago.

Fairness. We don't want a Gholgoth on Gholgoth final! :p

The UEG-Space Command
Minister

Founded: Jan 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The UEG-Space Command » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:41 pm

So, when will my match start? I can see if someone else will be able to fill in or I can get a different FT opponent entirely.

Also I am about to update my app.
"For too many years, humanity was on the backfoot. Reacting to threats, rather than preventing them. Rest of the galaxy was bigger than us. Stronger than us. We were mice, hiding in the shadows, hoping the giants would not see us. No more. Humanity is no longer on the defense. We are the giants now."

"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man, that when faced with extinction, every alternative is preferable."
—Leonard Church

"You ever wonder why we're here?"

The UEG-Space Command
Minister

Founded: Jan 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The UEG-Space Command » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Part 1 - Basic
Warrior name: Special Operations Group/Trooper
Height: Average 6'1 to 6'3
Weight: Average 190 to 212
Gear: Peleus Combat Armor
Years Active: 2214 - 2599
Loyalties: Unified Earth Governments, Orion Systems Alliance
Nation of origin: Unified Earth Governments
Expert one:

Captain Joseph Hoffman was a former S.O.T himself and currently has multiple Troopers stationed on his ship, the UNSC Nirvana, a Centurion Class Battleship that was recently commissioned for the fleet stationed at Shanxi. Captain Hoffman has extensive information on UNSC Tactical Command and has distinct knowledge over leading Spec Ops Troopers from his command center. Hoffman will be able to give insight into the basic idea of the SOT and give historical knowledge and experience on the warrior.

Expert two:

Sergeant Major Lucia Ovidius Cicurina is from Mars, from a notable Roman family, her main heritage can be traced to Southern Draconica, a prominent Irish, German and Roman mix. The area was under the nation of Draconica's rule till 2103, when it was given to Rome in a trade deal for protection. Her family took up life as a military family, her older sister being a veteran of the Great War when she was of age she soon rose up through the ranks and decided to join the SOT. She not only has the quickest rise since John Shepard, but she is successful at her job as well. She is an expert in most forms of UNSC weaponry.

Part 2 - Warrior
Appearance of warrior: Image
Warrior Bio:

Formed in the early 23rd Century. The Special Operations Trooper was a part of the Special Warfare and Tactics Group which formulated new tactical formations and groups. The idea for the Special Operations Trooper can trace it's basic design from the Special Operations Group of the 20th and 21st Century. The Idea was for a non conventional combative force that can respond to threats before they become a problem for the UNSC. This is one of the many reasons the SOT would be formed.

The Special Operations Group was reorganized and the Troopers were first sent against Rebels on Harmony. The Historic Battle of Anders saw a decisive UNSC victory, not because of numerous UNSC Marines and Soldiers fighting to their last breath, and not because of the ODST's effectiveness in deployment and battle, but it went down to the fact that hours before the battle began, a top secret operation was conducted by the SOT on a high priority target in Garfield Park, where the area was taken by Rebels and made as a secret camp and outpost.

The Operation started out with their historic drop via VTOL, as they preformed a HALO jump they would land at the edge of the park, hidden amongst the trees. With weapons loaded they stayed along the shadows, silently taking down numerous rebels before planting a bomb that would destroy the outpost. Without a single causality they silently moved along the shadows, leaving no evidence behind while systematically erasing enemies from existence. By Destroying the Outpost it directed enemy forces towards its position, the enemy believing the area was the UNSC's next target.

Because of this ONI would quickly take control of Special Operations, specifically for the use of this group as their main fist. In 2257, as the Helghan War broke out, The SOT would be used again, and this time with better technology. In Operation Spearhead, A joint operation between the Special Operations Troops, Marine Recon One and Marine Recon Three would ensure a decisive future victory. As Marine Recon One acted as Sniper Support, Marine Recon Three with support of the UNSC Air Force would watch from the sky giving extremely important information to the Troopers that moved from building to building, clearing them out. All Three grouped up in the main building and worked together as one to take down the bases commander.

The SOT would be used several other times later in the war and would prove to be a important asset to the UNSC. For years they would be used only when necessary against rebels, and as life seemed great, a tide would turn soon. In 2494, the Insurrection would begin as numerous rebellions popped out in the outer colonies. With so many rebellions, and a collapsing economy on the horizon, the UNSC wisely utilized the Special Forces, as ODST and SOT were both used to tactically take out key figures in rebel structures. The SOT would prevent many terrorist attacks hours and even days before they would happen and saved many life's and prevented thousands in damage.

In 2525, the Covenant attacked and in force, no matter how many ships the UNSC threw at them their ships, even at lower classes were simply to good compared to UNSC ships. The Special Operations Group was utilized to it's greatest moment yet, as the SOT was used to combat and fight the Covenant in every way, getting into direct confrontations with their Spec Ops and Stalker units for years, usually coming out on top thanks to superior support and tactics. Post War they would have some action in the Great Schism and Sangheili Civil War.

The Special Operations Trooper shared many similar roles with the ODST, however despite sharing similar roles they would usually be handled differently and in their own way.

• Deep Ground Surveillance or Long Range Reconnaissance: Patrols in small groups, in uniform, usually far behind the enemy lines. While DGS units may direct air or artillery strikes against enemy positions, they strive to be unobserved, and have only self-defense, not DA, capability. Groups engaging in surveillance deep behind enemy lines, are commonly known as "Long Range Reconnaissance Patrols" or LRRP's.
  • Direct Action: Short-duration strikes and other small-scale offensive actions conducted as a special operation in hostile, denied, or politically sensitive environments and which employ specialized military capabilities to seize, destroy, capture, exploit, recover, or damage designated targets. Direct action differs from conventional offensive actions in the level of physical and political risk, operational techniques, and the degree of discriminate and precise use of force to achieve specific objectives.
  • Unconventional Warfare: Military and paramilitary operations, normally of long duration, predominantly conducted by indigenous or surrogate forces who are organized, trained, equipped, supported, and directed in varying degrees by an external source. It includes guerrilla warfare and other direct offensive, low visibility, covert, or clandestine operations, as well as the indirect activities of subversion, sabotage, intelligence gathering, escape and evasion.
  • Counter-Terrorism Operations: The response to terrorist threats and/or acts, both real and imputed.
  • Personnel and Special Equipment Recovery/Capture: The recovery/medical treatment of friendly personnel in combat environments, as well as the capability of capturing high valued individuals and any equipment.

Part 3 - Weapons

Close Range weapon:

SOAT

The Special Operations Assassination Tool is a combat weapon specifically designed for assassinating. Designed for breaking, stabbing and overall getting right to were it matters. The SOAT can be set for a explosive kill, similar to a WASP Knife of earlier years.

M5000 CAWS

The M5000 Close Assault Weapon System is a devastating Shotgun Made for close combat. Silent but powerful this gun fires multiple balls or any other object that can be placed in it and forces it out much like other weapons, but with a obvious spreading effect.

M6C SOCOM

The M6C SOCOM is a dangerous and quit weapon, able to fire effectively at long ranges when used properly, the M6C is a easy to conceal and pull out weapon.

Mid range:

MA5D ICWS

BR85 HB SR

Long range:

SAW

Sniper Rifle System 99-S5 Anti Material

The SRS99S5 AM is the UNSC's top Sniper Rifle, infamous by the enemy of the UNSC, this weapon system is a very important one as it revolutionized the Sniper Rifle's already infamous lethality by being able to utilize the same type of rounds as the MA5D.

Special weapon:

Z-5080 Spectrum Augmenter

Usually nicknamed Promethean Vision, the updated variant used by certain military units gives the user the ability to see through objects without giving away their position and at a greater range as well. The Current version emits a blue blue in the HUD which then forms the outlines of enemies in the general line of sight of its user.

Other weapon:

T-3 Refraction Dissonance Modifier

The Active Camo used by Spec Ops Troopers is far more advanced during the Great War, able to keep the user hidden from sight for a few minutes depending on how well charged it is, the user basically becomes nothing but basically invisible to the eye.
"For too many years, humanity was on the backfoot. Reacting to threats, rather than preventing them. Rest of the galaxy was bigger than us. Stronger than us. We were mice, hiding in the shadows, hoping the giants would not see us. No more. Humanity is no longer on the defense. We are the giants now."

"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man, that when faced with extinction, every alternative is preferable."
—Leonard Church

"You ever wonder why we're here?"

Undivulged Principles
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Undivulged Principles » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:13 am

Holy Marsh wrote:
Undivulged Principles wrote:Cool. Sounds quite similar to the Dueling Rounds my former puppet used to run about 8 years ago.

Fairness. We don't want a Gholgoth on Gholgoth final! :p

Umm...maybe I should have asked why would you possibly think their would be such a possibility of that type of final. Seems pretty arrogant if you ask me. Or that you are scared you wouldn't be represented in the final if you allowed yourselves to compete fairly.

Be that as it may have fun with your arbitrary competition. And good luck to you all.

I will be passing on this one since it is obviously biased.
- I could RP my big toe to be more powerful than your nation. That doesn't mean it applies in NS
~ Source? I'm not your mommy. Do your own homework. Not providing third party support for opinions. Don't believe look it up yourself, or not. Idc
~ democracy allows the least qualified to judge the most..

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates