NATION

PASSWORD

Roleplaying Tips and Suggestions

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aistaan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aistaan » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:02 am

Does anyone care for a International court of Justice in this case??

Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Common Territories » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:31 am

Aistaan wrote:Does anyone care for a International court of Justice in this case??

I believe someone is already attempting to do that. Though it's an alliance that only enforces its member states to follow the justice system established by this alliance. I don't believe it will (like hell it will) have authority over the other nations on NS. But if you're interested in the idea, you should start there.

Zhenos
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2014

Postby Zhenos » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:19 pm

Awesome guide. Wonder why I never clicked the link in the past.
THE ZHENOSIAN KINGDOM
Misc: The Legion||Former Member of: TCP, UL (now casual observer), BoC

Indoguinea
Civilian

Founded: Nov 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

HMm

Postby Indoguinea » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:52 pm

I think this helps me a bit more.

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:29 am

I have a new RP here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=322128

As a concept, is it workable, and how would I get players to this sort of RP? Opinions welcomed! :)
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Erusuia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Erusuia » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:37 pm

I'm creating a region only pact/alliance type dealio and I was wondering; this would be the right form for it right?
Glorious Erusuia Forever
Pharthan wrote:
Padnak wrote:Are there any crippling disadvantages to blasting ride of the Valkyries out of the helicopters during an air assault against hostile forces that know you're there?

Being too awesome?

Antiquity Rune
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Antiquity Rune » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:24 am

99%+ people I've met that are rp addicts were on apps. All the online ones are obsolete and dad. I've checked it all out. Trust me

If you want a suggestion... I've got a few, feel free to join in but these are the ones I checked out personally and saw they were worthy...

"Hangouts" this is a app for people with gmail accounts. Log in and talk like iMessage

"Text plus communities" not sure if this is still on App Store but it can hold up to 100 people in one chat. Many people use it and I meet new people all the time. Don't really talk to them though. Then there is the regular version, acts the same way

Skype- no description needed ;)
Last edited by Antiquity Rune on Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imperialpowersofkorea
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperialpowersofkorea » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:32 pm

Do you get warned if Rp is not upto the mark ?
This is Manisdog

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:49 pm

Imperialpowersofkorea wrote:Do you get warned if Rp is not upto the mark ?

Nope. You get warned if your RP is spam, inappropriate or otherwise breaks the rules, but if you're actually trying to RP properly you won't get warned. If your RP is awful, one-liner spam, certain mods might lock it, but it's not strictly rule-breaking.

That said, other RPers may pop in and encourage people to read the stickies, work more on their writing or contact a Mentor, and some of them might not be too polite about it, but no, no warnings from the mods.*

* May they strike me down if I'm wrong.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Wanenheim
Secretary

Founded: Feb 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wanenheim » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:47 am

Election threads go to "Factbooks and National Information" right?
Physical Map of Wanenheim Political Map of Wanenheim High Speed Train Map of Wanenheim
Wanenheim is a nation situated in the Pacific Ocean not far away from Japan and Russia. Wanenheim was colonized as uninhabited island by the German Empire in the 19th century. During WW1 Japan and the US occupied Wanenheim and after the US took over Wanenheim in WW2 the island group gained independence in 1950. Today Wanenheim is a Federal Republic in which English and German are the most spoken languages in the country. The southern state is largely populated by Japanese who immigrated in the seventies. Check out my factbook :)

Skullgirls
Civilian

Founded: Jan 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Skullgirls » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:08 am

Wow, this really did help! :)

Benian Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Benian Republic » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:47 am

It's ok to RP what some might call a terrorist act?
Pro: United Ireland, IRA, Allan Ryan, Palestine, Malvinas, Ukraine, Hamas-Fatah cooperation, legalized Gay marriage, Tibetan Resistance, Atheism.
Anti: English Imperialism, Nazism, communism, Israel, Zionism, Margret thatcher, Martin McGuinness, good Friday agreement.
Proud to be Irish, please telegram me I enjoy getting them.
Casualties showing why supporting Israel is morally corrupt: http://www.countthekids.org/

*The People's Republic of Aryan Union of Celts
*Was Aryan Union of Celts

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:03 am

Benian Republic wrote:It's ok to RP what some might call a terrorist act?

Absolutely! As long as you keep your RP PG-13, anything goes, and the only thing you need to really worry about is whether people'll join in.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Benian Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Benian Republic » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:33 am

Maltropia wrote:
Benian Republic wrote:It's ok to RP what some might call a terrorist act?

Absolutely! As long as you keep your RP PG-13, anything goes, and the only thing you need to really worry about is whether people'll join in.

So it's ok to blow up Big Ben and poison londons water supply?
Pro: United Ireland, IRA, Allan Ryan, Palestine, Malvinas, Ukraine, Hamas-Fatah cooperation, legalized Gay marriage, Tibetan Resistance, Atheism.
Anti: English Imperialism, Nazism, communism, Israel, Zionism, Margret thatcher, Martin McGuinness, good Friday agreement.
Proud to be Irish, please telegram me I enjoy getting them.
Casualties showing why supporting Israel is morally corrupt: http://www.countthekids.org/

*The People's Republic of Aryan Union of Celts
*Was Aryan Union of Celts

Free VIP
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Free VIP » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:13 pm

This is a marketing post for Café Central Coffee House
Perhaps you could discover something higher quality if you got to the Coffee House instead of the coffee shop today.
I am Free VIP, the eccentric owner of the Coffee House. Please don't go to the Coffee House if you are going to be a hater

Krakozhya
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Krakozhya » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:35 pm

I have been working on a roleplay idea for so.a time and a number of things on here make me wonder if I am capable of running a roleplay. What would you recommend?

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:52 am

Krakozhya wrote:I have been working on a roleplay idea for so.a time and a number of things on here make me wonder if I am capable of running a roleplay. What would you recommend?

First off, what makes you feel incompetent at running a roleplay?
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Wariant
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wariant » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:00 am

Hey guys, I am Wariant. A friendly, fellow nation on nationstates. You may be wondering: "What is your goal? Why are you here? Gtfo noob" . But please, give me a chance. I am here because I need nations to join The Kingdoms of Utopias. This region is a project region, if I get ten+ people to join then it will no longer be in project mode. Why join The Kingdoms of Utopias you ask? This region is a corner of paradise on nationstates. When we get 10+ people we can decide our government and other stuff depending on our government. Thank you for reading this post. Have a wonderful life. :hug:

Common Territories
Senator

Postby Common Territories » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:26 am

Wariant wrote:Hey guys, I am Wariant. A friendly, fellow nation on nationstates. You may be wondering: "What is your goal? Why are you here? Gtfo noob" . But please, give me a chance. I am here because I need nations to join The Kingdoms of Utopias. This region is a project region, if I get ten+ people to join then it will no longer be in project mode. Why join The Kingdoms of Utopias you ask? This region is a corner of paradise on nationstates. When we get 10+ people we can decide our government and other stuff depending on our government. Thank you for reading this post. Have a wonderful life. :hug:

Don't spam your regional recruitment message everywhere. I've seen it in multiple places. Im actually annoyed how people try to recruit in an IC forum like NationStates. Can't explain why people come in droves to NationStates to recruit when you got Gameplay just south, but new or not, I think you know you're posting in a non-gameplay thread here at the very least.

Evvonia
Civilian

Founded: Aug 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Evvonia » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:33 pm

Erusuia wrote:I'm creating a region only pact/alliance type dealio and I was wondering; this would be the right form for it right?

Hello, surprised nobody answered this. To answer your question, I would say yes, this would be the place for it, as other regional pact threads can be found here.

Montecroce
Attaché

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Montecroce » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:27 pm

Dunno if this is placed anywhere, but...does anyone have something like a political party generator? Not just a name, but something like a platform?

This is my house
Political Columnist

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby This is my house » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:50 pm

Montecroce wrote:Dunno if this is placed anywhere, but...does anyone have something like a political party generator? Not just a name, but something like a platform?

Not really, but if you take a gander around the site, you will find plenty of national election threads where people talk at length about their various parties and their platforms. Might be worth doing some digging to find your inspiration (I know it's been awhile since you asked, but hey, when it comes to good advice, better late than never).

Common Territories
Senator

Postby Common Territories » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:54 am

Montecroce wrote:Dunno if this is placed anywhere, but...does anyone have something like a political party generator? Not just a name, but something like a platform?

There are a few sites that help you find a name for one, such as these two: Link 1 and Link 2. There's also an icon site I know of. If you need help making the content for one, there are a few places on NS that talk about said policies - though I suggest looking at real examples.

Dahon
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:24 pm

Eh, I don't know if this is the place to ask, but I need help writing a specific kind of press release -- one telling in brief the death of a leader (I don't quite know if it should be called an obituary, or if there's a separate word for it in English). I'll be grateful if you guys can provide me samples or templates or links or whatever.
Authoritarianism kills all. Never forget that.

-5.5/-7.44

al-Ibramiyah (inactive; under research)
Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)
Dahon the Alternative (inactive; under research)
Our Heavenly Dwarf (Forum 7)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents