NATION

PASSWORD

Universal Broadcasting Union - NEWS FEED

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Polarian Empire
Minister

Founded: Jun 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Breaking News in Polaris

Postby The Polarian Empire » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:54 am

POLARIAN BROADCASTING NETWORK

Alan: Hello its Alan Kraemer here. Breaking News is 3 Polarian Aicrafts scheduled for New Paris, The Polarian Empire, London, England and Falkand City, The Polarian Empire have been blown up by the terrorist network " The New Age"

Shirley: The New Age is a neo- nazi cult who says the Polaris is a corporation. On Ship #1 there were 340 people. Only 25 survived. Ship#2 had 450 people only 10 survived. Sadly Ship #3 had no survivers.

Jane Well( mother of a victim) : Why why..... Polaris is such a good nation why( Sobs)

Patrick Well ( Husband of Jane): We shall hunt down every last of them.

Shirley: Back to you Alan.

Alan: We will have a moment of silence to pay respect for the fallen Polarians.( after silence) We thank you all. Bye
Last edited by The Polarian Empire on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
BREAKING NEWS:
New Caledonians are prompted to vote in the upcoming referendum to grant the state of Bennu greater autonomy or not. Elections for the Chancellor of the Dominion has the whole nation on edge.

Thurask
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Thurask » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:52 pm

TRT Daily News
TRT One ¤ TRT Two ¤ TRT Three ¤ TRT International ¤ TRT News 24 ¤ TRT Radio ¤ TRT Radio International ¤ trt.trk

Jonathan Wilson's Private Secretary Releases Tell-All Book, Claims Wilson Was Murdered By His Son

THURASK CITY, THURASK - In a press conference earlier today in front of the offices of the Republic Herald newspaper, Marjorie Turner, until today a private citizen living in obscurity, told assembled journalists that she was releasing a book about her experiences with the Supreme Leaders with the help of the newspaper's managers. Turner, aged 53, revealed that she was the private secretary and closest confidante of Jonathan Wilson, the first Supreme Leader, from 1982 until his death in 1987. Excerpts of the book published by a special evening edition of the Republic Herald reveal much about Wilson's heretofore unknown private life, saying that he took a deep, personal, almost sexual interest in Ms. Turner. TRT's editorial practices prevent us from recounting exactly what was written.

The most damning section released was a chapter entitled "23 April 1987", the date of the Supreme Leader's death. Ms. Turner put it thusly:
"On the morning of the 23rd, I could see from my window that Mr. Wilson was taking his morning walk in front of his private residence near Greenwich. His doctor was accompanying him, as he had done several times before, saying that exercise was the best way for Mr. Wilson to recuperate from the stroke he suffered the previous October. Mr. Wilson's son, Ian, was nowhere to be seen. Mr. Wilson spent the morning out on the grounds, retiring to his study after lunchtime. He was dictating a speech to me that was to be read to Parliament. The object of the speech was to scare the less-loyal members of Parliament into line; his face red with emotion, he was barking about 'ideological rectitude', 'payment to traitors' and other such concepts.

At around 5 o'clock, his speech had got the better of him, and he ran out of breath and collapsed. His doctor rushed in, and Ian followed him into the room. He had apparently arrived sometime earlier in the day, but his father paid no attention to him. Ian ordered me out of the room, and I could see pure evil in his eyes as I was walking out of the door. It is hard to describe, but I had a terrible feeling deep inside of me as soon as the door shut. I spent the next hour sitting in the hallway, his unfinished speech in a stack of papers in my bag. 'And as for the issue of administrative continuity--' was where he had spoken his last word. Then, at around six, the door opened. Mr. Wilson was lying on a couch in the room, Ian next to him. There had evidently been some conflict between the doctor and Ian, as the doctor left the room with a disgusted look on his face. Ian turned to look at me, then, possibly subconsciously, let out a small grin. He stood up and closed the door, locking it with a loud click.

What came next was some muffled noises coming through the bomb-proof walls, until finally, the noises stopped. I heard footsteps, the loud clack of army boots, then the door opened. Ian walked out with an emotionless look, said 'Don't go in there', and walked down the hall without saying another word. Myself and the doctor looked inside, and the sight of Mr. Wilson, the demigod of state propaganda, lying dead with his jaw slack and his eyes distended made the doctor retch and myself cry until the next day. A pillow was on the floor next to the Supreme Leader's body, although I don't remember that specific pillow being on the couch where he was lying."

Historians and average citizens alike are expected to buy the book in droves, as the subject matter relates to one of the most historically important periods of Thuraski history from a first-hand perspective.

For more news, watch TRT International, listen to TRT Radio International, or visit http://www.trt.trk.
National Information
Economic Left/Right: ln 0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: lim (x->0) 1/x
Pro: Some stuff
Anti: Some other stuff

Namor
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Namor » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:22 pm

RADIOTELEVISION NAMORA NEWS
Радиотелевисион Намора Хинбун

PTH1|PTH2|PTH3|PTH4|PTH World|PTH Huayu|PTH Français|PTH Iglesiana|PTH ΓΣ

Koyro Crisis averted as Ohanka agrees to Wolf's terms
7th Fleet to cease missile strikes, Ohanka to compensate for "6-28"

July 6, NMR 2355

NAMO- Faced with pressure from the rest of Esquarium, Ohanka Jon Bak-Su, paramount leader of Koyro, who was behind the deadly "6-28" attacks, finally gave in and agreed to President Wolf's terms for Koyro to apologize and compensate for "6-28," as well as pay for all expense that is needed to fix the damage done in the attacks. Ohanka has also expressed in a recent communique that Koyro will participate in talks regarding Koyro's militarization programmes, which ha been a major point of concern in Esquarium.

In turn, Ohanka has called for the withdrawal of Namorese police action forces off the coast of Koyro, who have been launching missile strikes on Koy military facilities, which allegedly contain biological weapons that can be put into good use if the rogue state ever invades its neighbors. The Koy regime has already sent a "suppression battleforce" near the Bleckonian border, which is being monitoried by Namorese satellites.

Namorese President-General Alicia Wolf has issued a public statement regarding Ohanka's acceptance of her terms, saying that the Namorese 7th Fleet near Koyro will cease all missile strikes, but few NLA units will remain to monitor Koy military activity.

She has also voiced support for talks regarding Koyro's militarization, although the site of such a summit is unknown.

---PTH

IN OTHER NEWS

• Another success for the NLA: Koyro defeated in crisis :arrow:
  • Luziycan leadership calls Koy apology "blatant lies" :arrow:
  • Wolf calls for all police action activity to stop :arrow:

Image Subscribe!
Image Share

COMMENTS
Showing 1-5 out of 14639

Chingchangchong: Hooray we win suck it Koyro 275 26
Wenyi: Bad idea, we should've bombed the fuck out of Koyro 72 13
Shongjuan78536: Shame on Bleckonia, heard that they told Namor to leave for "peace." Scaredy cat is who Quesley is, afraid of a paper tiger like Ohanka. We saved their asses from him and this is what they do. :eyebrow: 45 24
Waipo Chong: So what? All that matters is that Ohanka now knows that we are invincible. 34 4
Odin2: Fuck rightism, bringing terrorism since Milton Friedman 14 9
628nevrforget: SHUT UP ALL OF YOU IT WAS BAD 6-28 LET'S JUST MOURN 6 2
NMR-free since August 2017!

Namor
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Namor » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:19 pm

Deunolianized
Jahistic Party to change name to New Democrats to attract more voters

July 9, NMR 2356

NAMO- After a huge debate between liberal and conservative factions within the Jahistic Capitalist People's Party, the High Committee of the party agreed to change the party name to the "New Democratic Party," in an attempt to attract more voters as well as preventing the party's conservative faction from breaking apart; in addition, the party will remove all mentions of Jarrod Thuman Thought---the state ideology of Jahistic Unolia---from the party charter.

This name change came amid polls indicating that support for the Jahistic Party and the Namorese Right has reached a new low--at around 45%. Much activity from the center and left are making sure that the party stays in an image crisis they couldn't do anything about.

The Jahistic Party has always had a problem with their image, even during their resounding and unexpected victory in the NMR 2353 Elections for the 13th Central Council. Many are associating the party not with capitalism, but rather, Unolia, virtually the only Jahistic state in Esquarium besides Kugland. Many voters believe that the Jahistics are trying to install a Unolian-style government in Namor, which even Unolia's friendly dictator Jarrod Thuman admitted to be undemocratic. The young leader even openly declared that democracy was "flawed---" an idea most Namorese just cannot drill into their minds.

Not only that, the problem came from within. Conservative factions of the party have raised concern over their party's relationship with Jahisticism.

"I consider myself a classical liberal," tweeted conservative CCM Maya Baoshou, "Not a Jahistic. I think that, as we are all rightists, it would be unfair to just consider all rightists as Jahistics. There is no way I support some of the ideas Jahisticism promotes, such as Maoist-style warfare and youth empowerment and the like."

Jahistic Party Chairman Kim Myung-Bak has addressed the issue previously, agreeing that the only way to solve the image crisis was to remove Unolia and its leader from the party's big picture, as well as to think of a name that all rightists--and voters--would agree upon. He told PTH: "As much as I love Jarrod Thuman and how he runs his country and people, I think that the only way to appease the rightist cause is to gain more attention. I think that he'll be more happy seeing a popular party with a name that doesn't have the word 'Jahistic,' rather than seeing an unpopular party with that word in its name."

When asked whether the party will continue to uphold Jahisticism and libertarian rightism as one of the NDP's ideologies, Kim nodded.

"I may now be a New Democrat, but in my heart I am a loyal revolutionary Jahistic. In all of our hearts, we are all rightists."

The party is already making preparations to challenge Wolf in the NMR 2358 elections.

---PTH

IN OTHER NEWS

• Luziyca moves consulate to Kusef temporarily :arrow:
  • Namor: "No movement" from Koy forces :arrow:
  • Atlantica's new life act raises conservative eyebrows :arrow:

Image Subscribe!
Image Share

COMMENTS
Showing 1-5 out of 4276

Fuzhou1949: Jahistics are covering up their Unolian bodies with sexy Namorese skin. Haha, not convinced. 86 57
Vodkaman2290: Jahistics desperately need a deunolianization makeover, I'll consider voting for them if they do so 97 13
SWAGYOLO: My mom keeps telling me to vote Jahsitic, but she just wants me to because she doesn't want to pay her employees :P 76 17
Mathematicsistorture: New democracy. Now, isn't democracy ANTI-Jahistic? 25 7
TeddyBearArms: We should vote Jahistic, these people have come for our freedoms! 50 47
Guanximan: How ironic is that that Thuman attacked the Chinese for murdering a pro-democracy protest in Tiananmen Square, then he himself is against democracy... 8 2

Meritocratic States
Negotiator

Founded: May 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Meritocratic States » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:07 pm

MSNF International (9903) | MSNF-HD (1086) | MSNF-SD (86) | MSNF Radio 275 (ENG) | MSNF Radio 102 (DEU)
Now On Air: News Front (14:30 - 15:00) | Next: Tech Watch (15:00 - 15:30) | After: Global Weather (15:30 - 15:45)
|| June 02, 2043 ||

Council President Alexandra Bauer on State Visit in Falsea
Council Spokesperson clarifies that state visit is for talks regarding trade and military affairs.

Meritocratic States (Left) and the Falsean Flag (Right)

Council President Alexandra Bauer (right) with an aide in Belgrade International Airport

By: Penelope McGee, Falsean Correspondent,

Landing today at Belgrade International Airport, Council President Alexandra Bauer visits the People's Republic of Falsea to meet with President Louise Rourke and External Affairs Minister Lara Hopkins.

Meritocratic States and Falsean Representatives sign
the Bilateral Relations Agreement, officially starting
Falsean-Meritocratic States Relations
President Bauer's State Visit was criticized by the opposition, the Conservative Coalition, who stated that such relations with an ideologically different state will strain future relations as time pass. While the Liberal-Democrats and Technocrats are quick to defend the purpose of the state visit, citing economic benefits and improving relations with the rest of the world while at the same time accusing the Conservatives of discriminating nations because of their political ideology.

The People's Republic of Falsea announced that their adoption the realpolitik in their foreign policy has led to an unprecedented rate of embassies being established in the nation. The Meritocratic States was the most recent nation to open an embassy in the Falsea.

Topics being discussed today between Council President Bauer and Falsean President Rourke are the non-aggression agreements to maintain peace between nations and the free trade agreement, which may almost be impossible due to current agreements with Crown Zone member-states. Not only that, the Meritocratic States also maintains a protectionist policy when it comes to non-CZ states, imposing a 20% tariffs on all goods.

Updates will be posted as soon as they were released.

SEE ALSO: Editorial: Unexpected Friendships? A look into Falsean-Meritocratic States relations.

In the other news:

News are updated in 3 minute intervals.
  • TV Viewers
    • Channel 86 (SD) or 1086 (HD) for Meritocratic States viewers
    • Channel 9903 for the Crown Zone and International viewers.
    *Language may differ by region.
  • Radio Listeners
    • MSNF Radio 275 (German Language)
    • MSNF Radio 102 (English Language)
  • Internet Streaming and Podcast
    • http://www.ms.newsfeed.com/en (English)
    • http://www.ms.newsfeed.com/de (German)
Last edited by Meritocratic States on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
This nation is now being retired.
Good-night, sweet prince.
Hello, Gristol-Serkonos.

Namor
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Namor » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:58 pm

Central Council passes "Shawn Hitlay Act"
Political parties may not be affiliated with foreign government associations, according to act, President considers constitutional legality

July 10, NMR 2356

NAMO- With 478 ayes, 157 nays and 10 abstains, the Namorese Central Council passed the "Shawn Hitlay Act," forbidding political parties from being part of an organization which serves as a branch of a foreign government.

The Liberationist CCMs who proposed the "Shawn Hitlay Act" defined "foreign government association" as "any organization, group, or association that is, contrary to an international political organization, an official branch of a foreign government." In addition, they say, the government heading the "foreign government association" handles all decision-making duties, therefore monopolizing organizational activities.

The act was named after Shawn Hitlay, temporary Jahistic Unolian leader who dissolved the "Jahistic Internationale--" an organization of Jahistic parties; in theory, the Jahistic Internationale is supposed to be an international group of like-minded rightist libertarians who decide how to further the Jahistic "revolution," however in practice, Unolia---Esquarium's largest Jahistic state---calls all the shots in decision-making, with the other parties following on. Many liberals describe the Jahistic Internationale as Esquarium's Co-Prosperity Sphere, harking back to WWII, when Imperial Japan established a similar organization which de jure aims for a united Asia, but de facto makes sure none of its dependencies escape Japanese control.

"The goal of this act," said Representative CCM Pop Chong (L), one of the authors of the bill, "is to make sure that every party serves the Namorese people, and not a foreign government, and make sure the party is not an affiliate of a foreign political network, but rather a network of Namorese like-minds."

The bill was opposed by a large number of New Democratic CCMs, who apparently are a member of the Unolian Internationale.

"Ridiculous act is ridiculous," protested Kim Myung-Bak (ND) in response to Chong's statement angrily, "if this act is passed, how the fuck are we going to follow the Jahistic Revolution?"

"You don't need to be part of the Unolian government to do that," Chong shot back.

After the bill was passed, the NDP filed a letter of complaint to President-General Wolf, as well as the People's Court, urging the two branches to veto the bill, calling it a "violation of our right to join international organizations" and "unconstitutional in the first place." Right now, the act has been passed, but it has not been approved by the other two branches of the central government.

The President-General has issued a statement through twitter, saying that she will "consider the constitutional legality of this act." The Supreme People's Court has yet to comment on this matter, but it is expected that they will do a long review over the Hitlay Act sometime soon.

---PTH

IN OTHER NEWS

• Torrential Rains flood southwestern Namor :arrow:
  • Unolian regime threatens to expel NDP due to revisionism accusations :arrow:
  • Mojing Mustangs defeat Jokimaa Jokers 4-1, Mustangs' greatest win since Wolf? :arrow:

Image Subscribe!
Image Share

COMMENTS
Showing 1-5 out of 2135

Chyneeezoeepol: Hahaha this is fucking awesome act hopefully wolf approves of it 67 59
LGBTMANSE: This should be unconstitutional, just saying it sounds wrong 41 46
Shongjuan78536: I can't see why the NDP is afraid about this act. I mean, if this act targets foreign government organizations and the NDP doesn't consider the Jahistic Internationale as one, then why are they afraid? This case should be brought up to the Court. 88 45
Audrey Madison: Jahistic Internationale = New GEACPS of Japan 23 12
QQAI1950: Shawn Hitlay Act? Da fuck? I'd prefer the Osama bin Laden Act ;) 3 9
STFU: ndp should move to Unolia. 1 2
Last edited by Namor on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Namor
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Namor » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:34 pm

PTH WORLD

NAMOR|ESQUARIUM|WORLD|POLITICS|SPORTS|ENTERTAINMENT|PTH World Radio|PTH Eastern Esquarium|PTH Forestia|PTH Bondhaven|PTH Unolia
President gives thumbs-up to "Shawn Hitlay Act"
SPC to be given power to decide whether Jahistic Internationale is "foreign government association"

President-General Alicia Wolf said in a brief statement that the Shawn Hitlay Act does not interfere with the Constitution, and gives it her support

July 11, NMR 2356

NAMO- President-General Wolf said that the Shawn Hitlay Act did not violate the Constitution, and has signed the bill into law; however, she has allowed the Supreme People's Court, or the SPC, to decide whether the Jahistic Internationale---a primary organization targeted by the Hitlay Act---is a "foreign government association."

She told the public that the Hitlay Act did not specify which groups are "foreign associations," therefore ruling that the Jahistic Internationale retains its legal status as an international organization until the SPC reaches a final decision. The President-General herself stated that she supports this act.

"This act," she said, "does not violate the Constitution or any one of its articles, and I find that there is nothing wrong with this bill, because there is no need for political parties to be part of a foreign government-controlled organization. Namorese voters are not going to vote for a titular party, or parties to be fair."

Regarding the Jahistic Internationale, she said, "I will allow the Court to make the final decision. This bill doesn't force the government to recognize that group as a foreign government association, but rather merely prohibits parties from being part of these associations."

Meanwhile, New Democratic Party leaders are expressing their disgust at the approval of the new act, but also relief that the President-General did not recognize the Internationale as a foreign government association at the spot. NDP Chairman Kim Myung-Bak said that he will show up at the SPC's final hearings, to defend the NDP's Jahistic Internationale membership. He claims that the Jahistic Internationale is not run by the Unolian regime.

"It is just a facade designed by these leftists who want to ruin us," he told reporters. "The Jahistic Internationale is a gathering of Jahistic parties, every party having an equal voice and representation in front of the entire body. All it is is that it's hosted in Unolia, which is understandable, because Jahisticism was born there."

Kim added on, saying that "the main component of rightist revolution is unity. If the bureaucracy prevents us Jahistics from getting together, then how are we supposed to finish what we've started?"

The NDP leadership has called for the SPC to make a "fair" decision.

"While this act is OK, I think that it's unfair that we have to be targeted because of our Jahistic Internationale membership," tweeted senior NDP leader Jonah Wong, "We can tolerate this act, all right, but not the possible scenario that the Jahistic Internationale will be considered as a Unolian puppet organization or something, because it clearly is not."

The Jahistic Internationale is an organization of Jahistic parties around the world that meets in Unolia once in a while. It's activities are closely monopolized by the Jahistic Unolian regime. In addition, Unolia reserves a special right to see to that one member party is expelled, while other members aren't. The Internationale's supreme head is, no doubt, Unolian dictator Jarrod Thuman himself. As many out it, Thuman makes sure he has a right grip over Jahistics overseas, in an attempt to prevent a scheme similar to the Sino-Soviet Split.

---PTH

IN OTHER NEWS
  • Temperatures throughout southern Namor reach 40 degrees :arrow:
  • Geadish Libertarian Rightists purge their coalition to clean sweep Unolian puppets :arrow:
  • Dissident from Luziyca: Bethlehem using various torture methods violating int'l law :arrow:

Image Subscribe!
Image Share

COMMENTS
Showing 1-5 out of 593$

Tiggermustbeshotandkilled: YES! YES! SUCK IT, YOU DAMN JAHISTICS, YOU ARE FREED FROM UNOLIAN CONTROL! :) 14 8
OurNation: I really think we should force the NDP out of "Jahistic International." That "organization" is CLEARLY run by the Unolians, who manage to plague Esquarium with their CRAZY VIEWS. Oh yeah, even better, let's ban this defective bullshit called Jahisticism. What a dangerous ideology. 35 24
Amamia918: TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL 0 67
SGAOfficial: @Amania918: Dude, if you wanna troll then do it on StinkySocks.net. 14 1
JarrodthumanisBoss: Damnit, the act is passed! How can the evil bureaucracy do this to the NDP? Jahisticism is such as GREAT ideology, oh no! :mad: 3 5
Somepplrjestretarded: @JarrodthumanisBoss: You are a definite asshole. If Jahisticism is such a great ideology, explain the 45 million deaths it caused on one island whose residents didn't want their asses to be drenched in yellow. 15 2

Kington Langley
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kington Langley » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:34 pm

International News Channel
Online article

Thursday - 11 July 2013

Special edition: The story of destitute Derman Iles
Increasing social and economic problems grip Derman Iles

Housing in Derman city, the national capital

Following decades of political unrest and economic upheaval, the nation of Derman Iles seems to be gripped in an almost perpetual state of poverty. The outskirts of every major population centre in the country maintains growing numbers of slum dwellings built on landfill sites and other unsafe ground, children play in contaminated water and the majority of the working population suffer under horrendous conditions for meagre wages. At the request of the Derman Iles government, the KLBC investigates the living conditions of the inhabitants in one of world's most poverty-ridden countries.

Once a colony of the Kingtonian Empire, Derman Iles is one of many examples of the result of poor administration during the imperial era. While we may have left in 1927, the nation still remains dependent on Kington Langley for economic aid and political support on a regular basis. Currently under the administration of a powerful military junta, Derman Iles is typical of many tinpot dictatorships maintaining a heavily regulated and struggling economy while also heavily suppressing the political freedoms of its people. Through a complex network of government propaganda, the people of Derman Iles believe themselves to be relatively well-off in comparison to the rest of the world, something that has prevented any large-scale revolt against the government or demands for political change.

Working conditions in Derman Iles are poor at best, with no minimum wage laws the majority of the working population live on less than $4.00 per day with little chance of improving their career prospects later on in life. This creates a vicious cycle by where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer and more numerous as the population increases. Struggling families often force their children into employment in an effort to make ends meet, recent statistics revealed that up to 60% of Derman Iles' children are currently working, receiving only $2.00 per day. Children not in work are often taking care of orphaned siblings at home, the lack of any organised healthcare system, state or private, has left the country with a dangerously low life expectancy with the average citizen not expected to live to 45.

The economy of Derman Iles remains heavily focused on primary industries, the agricultural sector still employs around 40% of the entire national workforce. The lack of any significant developed tertiary sector in the economy, mainly service industry jobs, has left the national economy in a position of slow growth and stagnation as foreign investors are reluctant to do business. Despite having a relatively high GDP for a developing nation, the majority of government spending is directed towards maintaining the military, current statistics indicate a staggering 10% of the population are either directly or indirectly employed in the national military. Higher wages for serving military personnel also takes up a significant percentage of government expenditure.

Suffering under an autocratic regime that continually refuses to embrace modern democratic principles, the government of Derman Iles is not currently hinting towards enforcing policies aimed at liberalisation and/or democratisation of the country. While disheartening to witness such living conditions first hand, it would seem that the people of Derman Iles aren't going to witness any significant improvements to their lifestyles in the foreseeable future.
Nationality: British (English)
Political compass:
- Economic Left/Right: -4.25
- Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.69
Leader of the Commonwealth of Kington Langley
Founder of the Universal Broadcasting Union
View our extensive and informative collection of NSWiki articles
Our embassy programme here
Grand Duke: Thomas II
Prime Minister: Kevin Darling
Capital city: Kingsmouth
National anthem: Kington Langley Forever
Demonym: Kingtonian
WA status: Non-member

Ulvena
Minister

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvena » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Korean Courier News Agency
World News

Ulvena enters Diplomatic Talks with Auzkhia!
War with Ulvenan Separatists looms on the horizon

2013년7월10일

Ulvena begins possible talks of alliance with Auzkhia. This flag is being flown in Siyang by Ulvenan Pantheonic Unity Church for support

Park Man Soo, Siyang

Princess Sonia Park, in a recent press conference held a few hours ago, stated that her brother, Emperor Chunhwa (Aiden Park), is currently meeting with Kaiser Heinrich of Auzkhia. The Princess had stated that the grounds for such talks are diplomatic and peaceful in nature and have a possible chance of alliance.

She had told the public in the past of possible diplomatic talks with international nations and that Emperor Chunhwa has expressed interest in having peaceful diplomatic relations with key international powers. This revelation comes at a time that cannot be more certain, after a messenger from the Separatists has been tried with treason and executed in Ulvena on the 8th.

Princess Park stated, "This meeting will open channels with a nation technologically and even magically similar to the Greater Korean Empire. It comes at a very unstable time in our nation's history with the Separatists threatening our culture, tradition, and way of life. We believe our technological brothers, the Auzkhians, will assist us in this difficult time."

When inquired about possible war with the Separatists, Princess Park replied, "The Separatists have threatened our economic, social, and political way of life. They wish to corrupt us with communism and they speak of liberation from our family. However, the Separatist leaders live like tyrants, not as just rulers of a Korean people."

As war seems to loom over the horizon, Siyang is not a place of paranoia or worry. Siyang is quite jubilant in the wake of this press conference. The official Ulvenan Church of Pantheonic Unity has expressed support and approval of such a union between Ulvena and Auzkhia by flying the flag of the Ulvena-Auzkhia Alliance, a flag designed by Ulvenan Palace artist Shin Kang-Ok.

High Potentate Jung Gun-Hee of the Ulvenan Church of Pantheonic Unity was interviewed by KCNA reporters. When asked why he supported this alliance, he stated, "While Auzkhia is a nation of the West and has a very different culture, they are not savages. There is a bounty of culture, just like our nation. It is a matter of type, not a matter of degree. The Outsider believes this to be interesting and worthy of His attention."

However, isolationists such as the Empire of the Isles based Abbey of the Everyman expressed their disgust over the diplomatic talks. High Ambassador Sun Myung-In told reporters, "High Overseer Pape and all of humanity frown on this. The decency and our own independence as human beings is at stake. This nation 'Auzkhia' is an affront to the Seven Strictures. The Outsider dwells in these nations, who do not follow the Strictures."

High Ambassador Sun finishes by saying, "If Ulvena go down the path of allying with nations that practice the evil concept of magic and allows those lesser species that regularly practice magic to live in their nation as equals to humans, Ulvena shall soon become a haven of witches and prostitutes."

"The Confucian Empire has made a good decision. It's about time the Imperium became powerful once more," states Emily Kaldwin, Empress and dictator of the Empire of the Isles, "We survived the debilitating rat plague and it had crippled us. An ally with Auzkhia will greatly benefit both the Empire of the Isles and the Confucian Empire."

The meeting is said to be held in a palace in Vienna, the "Schönbrunn Palace." KCNA will keep you posted after diplomatic talks.

Namor
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Namor » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:02 am

PTH WORLD

NAMOR|ESQUARIUM|WORLD|POLITICS|SPORTS|ENTERTAINMENT|PTH World Radio|PTH Eastern Esquarium|PTH Forestia|PTH Bondhaven|PTH Unolia
SPC sticks middle finger up at Unolia's rubberstamp "Internationale"
Kim resigns, calls SPC "kangaroo court"

July 12, NMR 2356

NAMO- The Supreme People's Court has declared that the Jahistic Internationale is not an international establishment, but rather a group run by the Unolian government, therefore under the Shawn Hitlay Act that was recently passed, none of its members may represent Namor in any way. The final statement was given out by SPC Chief Justice Zheng Po, standing in front of leaders of the New Democratic Party.

"Until the Unolian regime gives the Jahistic Internationale more autonomy for its member groups, and give it the structure of the average international political group, the Court believes that the New Democratic Party must withdraw its membership from that organization, in order to give the NDP its own voice, without having to be subjugated to the decision-makers in Unolia," he said. Following that, he banged the gavel, declaring that the statement and decision was final.

The decision left party leader Kim Myung-Bak really remorsed; however, showing up in front of the press agencies who waited outside the courtroom, he told everyone that he will fight the law on behalf of his party.

"This was a kangaroo decision made by a kangaroo court," he said grimly, "We will abide the law, all right, but we will fight it until it collapses. This was all part of a leftist conspiracy, I swear to heaven."

Hours later, Kim released an official statement, saying that he will resign as chairman of the party. "I have led the rightist revolution in Namor to the wrong direction. Approval ratings are dropping, and so is our reputation as a whole. Because of this, they have decided to impose this law upon us. I do hope that whoever succeeds me will do a better job."

The Shawn Hitlay Act, although approved by the government, will not come into effect until the 20th of July, NMR 2356. According to the SPC, the NDP has until then to renounce its Jahistic Internationale membership.

But the NDP and the JI were not alone---the Court also passed a list of organizations similar to the Jahistic Internationale in which no Namorese political party may be a part of unless it does not want to be called a political party---the "Marejaan International Group," a group founded by the Maryginian regime to promote "States Rights Monarchism," was also included on the list, therefore no party can be affiliated with it. The MIG is also tightly controlled by the States Rights Monarch of Maryginia.

Elections for the NDP leadership is expected to arrive sometime soon.

---PTH

IN OTHER NEWS

• It's not only the Internationale: Unolians to represent East Chorean Jahistics and Wazirans in Olympics :arrow:
  • Tomb of former Antelopian priest discovered :arrow:
  • Private Account of Antelope's physician gives a new perspective to Founding Leader's life :arrow:

Image Subscribe!
Image Share

COMMENTS
Showing 1-1 out of 24
Bassline: I swear to God, Unolia's gonna be unhappy about this. I'm already at the website of the state paper, the Firebrand, expecting words that read DEATH TO NAMOR. :rofl: I BET Y'ALL it's gonna happen. 6 2
Shangxia: No, I think they'll take it even further. Unolian invasion of Namor, total martial law, and civil war! And on yeah, Kim fleeing to the forests with his drinking buddies and engaging in protracted people's fat company warfare. 10 1

Namor
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Namor » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:04 am

PTH WORLD

Unolia's mad and Freedom's glad
Unolia cuts diplomatic ties with Namor in response to the delegitimization of Jahistic Internationale

July 14, NMR 2356

UNOLIA, UNOLIA/NAMO- It seems like the Hourglass Scorpion had stung itself again, as the Unolian leadership decided to break all diplomatic ties with Namor after the SPC ruled against the Jahistic Internationale---a decision which the Namorese government had called unnecessary.

The Firebrand, Unolia's state-run newspaper, proclaimed that the Namorese diplomatic team in Unolia has been expelled; in addition, increased military readiness is in effect throughout the Unolian Army.

The party mouthpiece declared: "President Alicia Wolf, herself elected by democracy, had a chance to prevent said legislation from passing with her power of veto. But she, holding true to her authoritarian roots of the Democratic Socialist Party, gave it a pass. The Supreme People's Court of Namor also gave it a green light, effectively cutting off the Revolutionary People of Namor from their Unolian, Kuglandi, Afalian and Chorean brothers and sisters. This is an intolerable act of treachery and a perversion of the institution of democracy they champion."

Following this shocking announcement, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs had contacted the Namorese diplomatic team in Unolia, urging all Namorese citizens residing in Unolia for any reasons leave the country immediately. A spokesperson for the Executive House said in a press conference in response to Unolia's sudden tantrum: "We advise all Namorese in Unolia to leave the country immediately, to avoid harassment done by the unpredictable Unolian authorities...Jahistic Unolia's declaration to break diplomatic ties is nothing but counterproductive, and everything but effective. We believe that any dispute can be solved through peaceful dialogue. What Unolia is doing is not going to help solve the problem, but only worsen it."

President-General Alicia Wolf and her cabinet has yet to make an official statement.

Right now, PTH Unolia---responsible for bringing free and unbiased news to the Unolian Island---is discontinuing its service to Unolia, for fear that the entire news team would be harassed by the Unolian authorities. Their broadcasts will cease 18:00 Unolia Time; for now, Unolian viewers may still catch up on daily news about their own country, Esquarium and the world through PTH WORLD, unless that too is censored by Unolian authorities.

---PTH

IN OTHER NEWS

• Unolia urges NDP to engage in guerrilla warfare against Namorese government, NDP denies :arrow:
  • Local police chief prosecuted for embezzlement of state money :arrow:
  • Typhoon to ravage southern Namorese coast :arrow:

Image Subscribe!
Image Share

COMMENTS
Showing 1-1 out of 98
Bassline: Unolia did it, and I said it! You owe me P100. 19 2
Pekingduckfuck: Unolia is having a fit. In other news, the sky contains clouds.10 3

Derman Iles
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Derman Iles » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:44 pm

[DELETED]
Last edited by Derman Iles on Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WWW.DermanTV.der WWW.DermanAir.der
You want to live in my nation? You're insane!
CAPITALIST, NATIONALIST, CANADIAN ROYALIST
Visit my wiki pages here!
Romberg wrote:Remember. If nukes aren't the solution, then you're not using enough nukes.
Generailia wrote:So invasion or hugs? Hard choice :lol:. I wonder how the citizens will react if they saw there savior just say. "Well I lost. HUG ME!" Then immediately drop his weapon and attempt to stop the terrorists with love.

Eslovakia
Ambassador

Founded: May 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Eslovakia » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:36 am

███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
Some good info on Sweden
Birkaine wrote:Idiots who are not only aware of their idiocy but hell bent on keeping it regardless of how much disruption they cause deserve to eat a dick
Birkaine wrote:How about we have a thread that's just about some guy getting a back alley handjob from a New Delhi whore but we write it in such technical and obtuse language that the mods won't notice? First one to get banned loses.

Birkaine wrote:Are you seriously trying to turn this into a conversation on whether or not you're a human?
2QTBSTR8 ~ oHai thar! ~ I'm Bisexual, for LGBT rights and this is how I live my life regardless of other peoples opinions.
If you support LGBT rights, feel free to add this to your signature ~~~ヾ(^∇^)

Aranoff
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aranoff » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:06 am

BREAKING NEWS:Assassination Attempt on Victor Sigiln's Life at Campaign Event

Embarrazo, Embazo - A recent attempt on the life of Senior Counselor, Victor Sigiln, thwarted tonight at a campaign event held at the Embazo Royal Theater and Convention Center. Celebrating over 50 years of service to the Allied States, Counselor Sigiln is one of the most prominent voices, and the second-most senior member serving, in the council. Serving as a member of the Progressives, he has been an outspoken voice of the Conservative movements in the country seeking to limit the power of the government and reign in out-of-control spending.

Details around the assassination are still not released, but what we do know is that the plot was very coordinated. We have heard reports of three attackers who concealed weapons, even after passing through security, and attempting to gun down the aging Counselor. The three were quickly apprehended, and there have been reports of two injuries, perhaps one of them fatal.

Among dignitaries and wealthy families, there were other Counselor's in attendance as well, including two of his Grandchildren who serve as young members of the Council: Nymgrock and Clarence Sigiln - cousins. The Sigiln family name is known as one of the most prominent of families, and has been free of scandal and incident. The attacks appear to be politically motivated against the Progressive Party's platform of expanded government support for the poor, and more dealings with private businesses across the Allied States. We will bring you more as the story develops.
Ambassador to WA: Ms. Jennifer S. Schlachter
Executive: Swenson Von Strüpengard
The Allied States of Aranoff
Aranoff Factbook

Rhodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesia » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:23 am

News Online

President Has Cancer

Angela Wallace, Rhodesia's first female president, has been diagnosed with cancer.

The 65-year-old, well-known as the fiery leader of the Conservative Alliance of Rhodesia (CAR), vowed, "Nothing's going to stop me doing the job I was elected to do and the job I love."

Wallace, president since 2012, confirmed she will "step back" from duties in the coming weeks to undergo treatment. She said, "I'm aware of the sheer stamina needed for this job but I need to prioritise my recovery for my family and the country." She added, "That said, nothing will stop me doing the job I was elected to do and a job I love."

No further details of her illness have been given; the President's health being considered a state secret in Rhodesia. However, Wallace said she was receiving a great deal of support from her husband, her two children and many well-wishers throughout the country and from all sides of the political spectrum.

Wallace was elected to the House of Assembly in something of a coup at the 1998 Mutare South by-election, where she won the seat with a 22% swing away from the Rhodesian Front whose candidate previously held the seat. She proved to be thorn in the side of Prime Minister Norman Kirby who referred to her as "that bloody woman".

In 2002, Wallace made history for the first time when she was elected the leader of CAR; becoming the first female leader of a major political party in Rhodesia. She quickly forced her party to face reality, famously saying, "A CAR only moves with a driver who knows what they're doing." She went on to revitalise the party and lead it to a resurgence in the polls, culminating in their best ever electoral result at the 2010 general election - winning enough seats to cause a hung parliament (where no one party has an absolute majority).

Entering into a coalition government Steven Charlton's Rhodesian Front, she made history for a second time when she was named as Rhodesia's first female Deputy Prime Minister. Despite tense relations to begin with the coalition became increasingly unified in its opinion and early this year, with Wallace's support, agreed to a historic merger, unifying the right-wing in Rhodesia.

In 2012, the coalition government fielded a single candidate with Wallace, in Prime Minister Charlton's words, "being the only choice". She won the election with the largest majority in history and went on to make history for a third time when she became Rhodesia's first female president - a role she has since done much work to modernise.

Prime Minister Charlton said he had "every faith" in the President's recovery and the he looked forward to working with her again soon. Meanwhile, there has also been an airing of much public support with the group "Women Against Cancer" sending a good luck message signed by almost all of its 19,000 members.
How to start an argument on NationStates:
1. Express an opinion.
2. Wait.
If you're not in Political Compass' green square, NSG won't like you.

Namor
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Namor » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:54 pm

PTH WORLD

NAMOR|ESQUARIUM|WORLD|POLITICS|SPORTS|ENTERTAINMENT
Deng Mianbao steps up as New Democratic Party's new leader
Centre-right figurehead calls for party policy to be "with the people," and "strong barricade" against the left

Deng Mianbao is now the new chairman of the NDP

July 18, NMR 2356

NAMO- After days of inner party elections, the New Democratic Party has found a new chairman: entrepreneur Deng Mianbao.

A successful businessman from Arra Republic, Deng managed to thrive his own self during the economic reform in the NMR 2320s and 2330s. He joined politics in NMR 2347 by entering the Capitalist Party before it merged with the Jahistics in NMR 2353, to form the NDP today.

Deng became chairman days after Kim Myung-bak, the head of the party's Jahistic faction, resigned in reaction to law prohibiting the party from taking part in the Jahistic Internationale, a Unolian government apparatus.

In his acceptance speech as chairman of the NDP, Deng said that the party must move on and make the best out of where they're currently at.

"We have many problems, but we must not look back at them, we must move on. What's happened has happened, and there is no going back. We can no longer participate in the Jahistic Internationale, but that's OK. It's not the end, we are going to pick up from where we left off and continue combatting our rivals with dignity."

The NDP National Convention is expected to be held in August, with Deng Mianbao and the new party leadership attending; there, according to the new chairman, the party is expected to make significant changes to the party's ideology. Whatever these changes might be, Deng did not give any details; however, he stated that "our ideology is in need of a huge renovation. We need to change our direction so it is with the people, we need to perfect our ideology by making it voter-friendly. Only then will we see improvement."

In response to the Unolian regime's encouragement for the Namorese Right to engage in protracted armed rebellion against the Wolf-Khan Administration, Deng expressed his opposition towards armed rebellion.

"Violence did not, does not, and will not solve anything. Communism tried to use violence to establish a new world order, and yet most countries today are capitalist. Yes, we must fight the left, but we must not break the law. If any rightist in this country dares to engage in armed rebellion, he is not a true rightist. Free markets and a free people cannot come at the price of bloodshed."

Deng concluded his speech by calling for an anti-left plan.

"This time calls for a barricade against the left. Our party must unite with other rightists to combat the far-left, and establish a free society for all."

Deng has been known by many as a centre-rightist-libertarian.

---PTH

IN OTHER NEWS
  • Former Geadish prime minister resigns from party leadership :arrow:
  • Wolf: Verbaten was a "friend of mine, Namor and the progressive cause" :arrow:
  • Mojing named "frying pan" of Namor after temperatures exceed 45 degrees :arrow:

Image Subscribe!
Image Share

COMMENTS
Showing 1-1 out of 134
Firedrakejammingsucks:
Here comes Thuman
Here comes Thuman
Right down Victory Lane

You better do what the Thuman says
or you won't be heard from again,

Don't oppose Jarrod Thuman
'cause he's here to make things right,
So watch your mouth
or you'll get shot,
Cause the Jahistics are coming tonight 62 18
Wayne Ngo: @Firedrakejammingsucks: Shit, nice poem. 2 1

Namor
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Namor » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:26 pm

PTH WORLD

NAMOR|ESQUARIUM|WORLD|POLITICS|SPORTS|ENTERTAINMENT
Namor and Roubao begin five-day "Narou" joint military exercise
Namorese Northern Fleet to meet up with Roubao National Army

July 21, NMR 2356

NEW PLIGNPOLIS, ROUBAO- The Northern Fleet of the Namorese Liberation Navy has sent a naval delegation to the southern coast of Roubao, about 30km southeast of the capital of New Plignpolis, where it will participate in a five-day joint naval exercise with the National Army of Roubao.

The island nation of Roubao---about the size of Txotai---is located 130km southwest of mainland Unolia; since the Jahistic coup in NMR 2343, millions of Unolians fled to Roubao, swamping its government. After a failed Jahistic attempt to occupy the island, security and defense have become the island nation's utmost priorities.

The delegation from the National Navy of Roubao and the Northern Fleet met, and a ceremony was held, with the singing of both the Namorese and Roubanese Anthems, thus kicking off Day One of the naval exercise, called "Narou--" a combination of the names of two countries.

The two navies in the coming days will exchange information regarding naval warfare and naval skirmishes; then, they will practice firing missiles at enemy targets. The two navies will also practice amphibious landings on some of Roubao's many islands, reserved for "Narou."

Roubao's Minister of Defence, Hyuk Geun Hee, who participated in the opening ceremony of "Narou," welcomed the opportunity of Namo-Roubanese military cooperation in the future.

"Only that," he said, "can Roubao maintain its independence and dignity."

Minister of Defence Jaron Txo also said in an open communique to the Roubanese Government, saying that "[Namor] is more than happy to supply everything the Roubanese need to defend their country from aggression, whether it be internal or external."

The Defence Ministry also denied that "Narou" was targeting Jahistic Unolia, stating that the sole purpose of the joint exercise is to "improve Roubao's defence, nothing more, nothing less," stressing that "every sovereign state has the right to defend itself."

---PTH

IN OTHER NEWS
  • How obsessed are Zokorians over gays? :arrow:
  • Heat waves continue to cause havoc across Namor :arrow:
  • Survey indicates that mathematics is least favorite school subject among Namorese students :arrow:

Image Subscribe!
Image Share

COMMENTS
Showing 1-1 out of 94
Dogsandcats83: Roubanese people = Free Unolians 5 1
Computerhogger1999: Dude I was at Roubao, they have free Internet, contrary to the mainland. 2 1

Brick Country
Envoy

Founded: May 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Brick Country » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:40 am

BBC News BBC Television
BREAKING NEWS!

The King Abdicates!

Good Morning you are watching BBC News live.We are going to go straight to our royal correspondent in Buckingham Palace here in VC,Huw Wilkinson.
Huw?

Yes,thank you we are here in Buckingham Palace where just yesterday King Richard V died of a heart attack.Immediately after his death Prince Edward (Prince of State) succeeded him as King Edward VIII.We suspected that his majesty was going to abdicate as he is due to get married at the start of the month.So here is the instrument of abdication that was just signed.

[Abdication appears on screen]

Buckingham Palace
INSTRUMENT OF ABDICATION

I,Edward the Eighth,of Brick Country and the Dominions beyond the seas,King,do hereby declare my irrevocable determination to renounce the throne for myself and for my descendants,and my desire that effect should be given to this Instrument of Abdication immediately.
In token whereof i have hereunto set my hand this Twenty First day of July,Two Thousand and Thirteen in the presence of whose signatures are subscribed.

Signed At
Buckingham Palace
In the Presence
OF

Edward Royal
Linda W HA
Harry B

The King is due to give a speech tomorrow officially announcing His Majesty's abdication over the Television and Radio,We will bring you that live here on BBC News.
Goodbye.
Last edited by Brick Country on Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig

Xanixi
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanixi » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:22 am

Olmica Strikes Again
Imperial Army Soldiers Are Attacked By Olmaturan Terrorists
Article written by Jane C. Ardoin (@jc_ardoin) | June 21st, 1000 hours EST

Soldiers of the 1st Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 1st Division deployed to Olmatur were engaged today. Picture taken by Marvin J. Smalls

This soldier of the 1st Battalion formed a part of the initial patrol unit
Zapijukpar – Forever a city marked with the stains of blood from fighting as the Imperial military invaded Olmatur in 2031 has again been subjected to a deadly amount of fighting. The northernmost district of the city, Jankahursk, has always been considered the city’s economic center. Before the war, it was where the marketplaces were centered and the easiest access point for trade vehicles carrying goods. More recently, it’s become the heart of the Zapijukpar’s economic prowess with the implementation of more modern economic equipment.

And yet, it is still the center of a war waged against the Empire and the Olmaturan Government Alliance.

Today, as a fireteam – eight soldiers – of the Imperial Army ran a standard patrol through the streets on foot, speaking with the populace and keeping interaction friendly, large explosions rocked the center of the marketplace. Dozens of other soldiers from across the district were called to assist, and the remainder of the regiment guarding the city was put on high alert. However, when the troops arrived at the marketplace, it was realized that it was not a car bomb, which are common in Olmatur, but an actual attack.

This soldier of the 4th Battalion formed a part of the reinforcement group
Seconds after stepping foot into view of the marketplace, they received heavy fire and were pinned down on their road. They immediately contacted other units and told them of their situation. Vehicles of the 7th Armored Division moved into position to relieve these soldiers while others surrounded the marketplace to suffocate the Olmican fighters.

However, this turned into something far more vicious. As the Army attempted to secure the marketplace, Olmica struck from behind, and drew the soldiers into a two-directional fight. This extended the fight from a mere hour to over four hours of intense fighting. Furthermore, Olmican fighters brought in mortar crews and began to bombard the marketplace.

Finally, Olmica gave up and began to retreat. The Army allegedly chased them for another hour until they disappeared into mountain caves and large complexes.

A spokesperson of the Andraste Defense Center, Ms. Sarah Palmer, explained that the Empire’s military now knows that some Olmican presence is within these mountains and that an effective military campaign could be brought together in order to secure this region entirely.

Zapijukpar has seen some of the deadliest fighting of the war, and is the center of the Olmican resistance. Because of the mountainous nature of the region, fighting against Olmica in the region is an extremely difficult task, and one that has cost Coalition forces nearly three hundred lives total.

Two soldiers of the Imperial Army were killed fighting today, and another three were wounded. The names of these two casualties has not yet been revealed, but Captain Byron L. Montgomery, commanding officer of the company that immediately responded to the patrol’s distress call – and its mother unit - stated that, though neither of the men served in his present unit, he had met them both and had categorized them as “some of the most exemplary soldiers I have ever had the honor of serving with.”

A spokesperson for the Olmaturan Government Alliance explained today that, “this vile attack against the people of Olmatur and her allies, the Thedosian Empire, is a clear demonstration of the inhumane indecency of the Olmican terrorists.” The Olmaturan Department of State later released a report stating that some seventeen civilians had been killed in the bombardments. Another forty eight had been injured.

The Defense Center has released that one of these two soldiers was a professional soldier, whilst the other was serving his or her second obligatory military service year, implying that they were only nineteen years of age.

In Other News:
  • OECD Begins Conference
  • Possible Conflict in Sapphire
  • Union Stock Exchange Prowess Rises

Comments [124] | ✉ E-mail this article | @ Share this article
Last edited by Xanixi on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grand Imperial Republic of Thedosia | Galactic Imperial Republic [FT]
DEFCON: [4]; Double Take
| Pop.: 508,191,116 | Area: 24.670.330 km2 | Demonym: Thedosian/Republic/Imperial |
| Military: 5,482,193 | GDP: US$32,842,135,458,524.96 | Lifespan: ~650 y/o |
Dr. Carl Sagan wrote:“They say astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”
Most Astounding Fact
#AupaAtleti #ContigoHastaElFinal
American and Spanish

Rhodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesia » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:38 am

News Online

Harper “Ebbing Away”

Former President William Harper is confirmed to be dying in hospital.

Harder served as Rhodesia's
2nd President, 1976–1982.
The family of William Harper, former President of Rhodesia, confirmed this morning that his life is “ebbing away”. The 96-year-old has been in poor health in recent months and has suffered from recurring bouts of pneumonia over the last decade. Just over a month ago, Mr. Harper was admitted to the private Howard Hospital in Salisbury after collapsing with breathing difficulties at his south Salisbury home. His daughter, Marianne Nicholson, said, “He is critical but stable.”

Mr. Harper was born in India during British rule and emigrated to Rhodesia in 1949. Entering politics in 1958, he swiftly rose up the ranks, serving in Cabinet from 1962 to 1968 and was a signatory of the Unilateral Declaration of Independence (UDI) in 1965. A one time front-runner to be Prime Minister, he was appointed to the Senate in 1968, where he continued his political ambition. Despite opposition to the idea by Cabinet, Harper was elected President (by Parliament) following the resignation of Clifford DuPont in 1976. His frequent disagreements with Prime Minister Ian Smith over foreign policy and the Partition Agreement blighted his presidency and nearly derailed his re-election bid in 1981.

However, less than a year later, in 1982, after making racist remarks about the Zambian delegation during Partition Agreement talks and admitting support for South Africa's apartheid regime, Harper was forced out by Bill Hume's Labour government with a Contempt of Parliament motion. Although the motion stalled in the Senate, Harper understood the message and agreed to resign. Disgraced, he left Rhodesia for South Africa in 1982 where he remained for the next decade and a half. Following the death of his son, also named William, in 1996, he returned to Rhodesia, where he lived a quieter life with his daughter, Marianne.

The former-president collapsed shortly after his supper at about 9 p.m. on 14 June and was rushed to Howard Hospital where he remained in a coma. His condition has since deteriorated, his daughter has said and, following a meeting between hospital staff and his next of kin, the decision was made to not prolong Mr. Harper's life and, in the words of his daughter, “Allow his life to come to a natural end.”

Prime Minister Steven Charlton released a statement saying, “William Harper contributed much to his country, politically and personally. We offer our hope and prayers to the family at this difficult time.” The Prime Minister's Office (PMO), meanwhile, has not commented on whether Mr. Harper's family will be offered a state funeral (as per other former presidents).
How to start an argument on NationStates:
1. Express an opinion.
2. Wait.
If you're not in Political Compass' green square, NSG won't like you.

Thurask
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Thurask » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:19 pm

TRT Daily News
TRT One ¤ TRT Two ¤ TRT Three ¤ TRT International ¤ TRT News 24 ¤ TRT Radio ¤ TRT Radio International ¤ trt.trk

Political Earthquake: Parliament Reorganizes Itself, Communist and Socialist Parties Merge, Election 2013

THURASK CITY, THURASK - The past two weeks has brought many changes, some unexpected, to the political landscape of Thurask. While TRT staffers are attempting to make sense of the ramifications of these events, we have compiled a selection of what has happened.

In the afternoon of 15 July, a majority of Parliament passed a comprehensive bill to reform the structure of Thurask's highest legislative body. Effective next election, two major changes will take effect; the first is expanding Parliament from 901 members to a dizzying 2197 members. The reason for this was to decrease the number of people per MP to around half the current value, making Parliament more representative. The second is adding an upper house to the Thuraski Parliament for the first time since 1974. The new upper house, a 507 member directly elected body to be called the Thuraski Senate, will provide "effective and decisive input on legislation, with the ability to create legislation of its own". The introduction of the Thuraski Senate will also rename the new lower house to the Thuraski House of Representatives. The Senate will be almost entirely subordinate to the House of Representatives, as the drafters of the legislation feared the legislative gridlock that is common in countries with bicameral systems.

The next item of news that happened was about the merger of the Communist and Socialist Parties. The Communist Party Congress on 17-19 July brought very little in policy changes, but instead focused on the surprise idea of a merger between the Communist Party of Thurask and the Socialist Party. The new entity, the United Socialist Party, will have General Secretary of the Communist Party Christina Rousseau as the House Leader and the First Secretary, while First Secretary Raymond Smith of the Socialist Party will become Second Secretary. The position of Senate leader will be filled upon the next election. The reasoning for this decision was given during Prime Minister Rousseau during her opening address. "...we have undergone several ideological changes over the years, and right now, we're merely splitting the vote with the Socialist Party. Our tent is big enough to hold both of our parties, so we have decided to officially join the two parties together under the banner of the United Socialist Party."

Lastly, on 20 July, Prime Minister Rousseau called a snap election for the 27th, and the results have finally been confirmed by the Elections Bureau as of 12:50 AM Thurask City time. The United Socialist Party has maintained its majority in both houses.

For more news, watch TRT International, listen to TRT Radio International, or visit http://www.trt.trk.
National Information
Economic Left/Right: ln 0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: lim (x->0) 1/x
Pro: Some stuff
Anti: Some other stuff

Soviet Party
Envoy

Founded: Dec 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Party » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:17 am

A proud member of the Universal Broadcasting Union

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

By order of the House of Legislature and the Premier Joseph Stal-lennin

Let it be known that two weeks from August 1st, the citizens of the Commonwealth of Soviet Party will be celebrating the first birthday of Joseph Stal-lennin while he is in office. A military parade in Niches at 10:00 A.M. will begin festivities. After that, multiple activities will take place and the ruling family will make appearances in multiple cities.

Citizens and non-essential government employees will enjoy the day of and the day after the birthday of the dear leader.

Furthermore, taxes on all food, drink, and celebratory items will be halved.

This decree shall become effective upon passage by the house of legislature and signing by the Premier.

Vote of the House of Legislature:
Yea: 149
Nay: 0
Not-Voting: 1

Signed by the Premier this 1st of August, 2013
The Commonwealth of Soviet Party, the Founder of The Union of Aligned Soviet States
DEFCON: 3

Represented by Joanne Dickenson, Foreign Minister
Contact: Office of the World Assembly Delegate. 1934 B Street
Nulao, Commonwealth of the Soviet Party B5-42X

Namor
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Namor » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:51 am

Image WORLD
Your Eye on Esquarium and the World (now with a new face!)
NAMOR | POLITICS | ESQUARIUM | WORLD | SPORTS | ENTERTAINMENT
As year of election approaches, opposition parties begin finding candidates to challenge Wolf-Khan administration
August 4th, NMR 2357

NATIONWIDE- As President-General Wolf's first term draws to a close, various parties are already beginning to find the "right guy" to challenge the Democratic Socialist-Liberationist coalition government in the NMR 2358 Elections.

Although elections are still a year away, analysts say that opposition parties in the right and left have at least one year to pick an outstanding politician or leader that would have the wits to turn voters against a coalition formed by two of Namor's most powerful and influential parties. Opposition groups would also need said time to engage in a publicity campaign against Wolf, in order to change voters' minds.

In the right-wing of the Namorese political spectrum, the New Democratic Party (NDP) is already beginning to form a plan to get President Wolf out of the Executive House. This may be difficult, as the NDP has had an image crisis due to many Namorese interpreting the party as being an Unolian puppet group, despite statements from the party leadership that its ties with the Jahistic regime were "limited." Also, the NDP's top leadership is experiencing power feud, as Secretary Deng Mianbao has been recently challenged by his predecessor, Kim Myung-Bak, who resigned from the party after it was forced to resign from the Jahistic Internationale. According to Kim---who is a Jahistic---Deng was not leading the party in the right direction.

"There is no way I'm going to tolerate a socialist-revisionist who will toss his hat into the ring on the party's behalf, on my behalf," tweeted Kim a few nights ago, "I am going to make sure our party line is kept straight and promotes freedom for all, unlike what Deng is up to."

Deng Mianbao has retaliated, saying that he was trying to "implement the party ideologies so they will fit the needs of Namorese voters...In the NMR 2358 Elections, it's not going to be about whether Jahisticism is still our ideology or not, all it matters is that Wolf and her socialist administration is kicked from office through electoral votes."

But feuds aside, the two leaders both agree that the ultimate goal was to end the Democratic Socialist administration.

"Five years of government intrusion into our economic and personal freedoms is enough," said Deng, "Kim and I would both shoot a bullet through the skull if it continues for another five years."

Across the aisle, the Liberationist Party has already declared that for the first time in Namorese history, they will not send a candidate---as a consequence of them cooperating in a coalition with the DemSocs. The party leadership---led by Txo Antelope---has expressed their support for Wolf and Khan.

"We have faith in Wolf's policy, as we believe that she is leading Namor in the other direction," said Antelope, "If she isn't, the party would have said otherwise."

Various reports and polls have indicated that President Wolf's approval rating is over fifty percent, but is dropping at a steady rate. Over the years, Wolf has been criticized for being inefficient, particularly during her handling of the 6-28 attacks by Koyro, which took hundreds of lives, and, according to critics, could have been dealt with in a better way. Also, economic rightists have criticized Wolf for slowing down Namor's economic growth rate, as the country's economic growth has fallen from 9% to 6.25% over the past five years.

---PTH

IN OTHER NEWS

• What's in store for Txotai's ethnic minorities? :arrow:
  • Bleckonia stiffens down on drugs, causes controversy :arrow:
  • Heat waves continue to plague southern Namor, "street egg-fryers" become popular :arrow:

Image Subscribe!
Image Share

COMMENTS
Showing 1-5 out of 2135

NDPUnolianFanboy: Fellow people, have you had enough of Wolf and her socialist BS? That woman is threatening to destroy our economy through high taxes and mistrust in the public! More freedoms nao, DENG 2358!! 24 29
YueFeiIsACommieJerkhead: Stop Deng, annihilate Kim! The two bastards are going to turn Namor into a corporate police state! Go Wolf! WOOF! 30 21

Namor
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Namor » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:23 am

Image WORLD
Your Eye on Esquarium and the World (now with a new face!)
NAMOR | POLITICS | ESQUARIUM | WORLD | SPORTS | ENTERTAINMENT
Power to the Youth
Government amends Article 19, lowering national voting age to 15
August 6th, NMR 2357

NATIONWIDE- It was a victory for Namor's youth empowerment groups: with 378 ayes, 224 nays and 30 abstentions, a bill to amend Article 19 (which previously put the national voting age at 18) so to lower the voting age to 15. The bill was declared constitutional by the Supreme People's Court and signed into approval by President-General Wolf in a signing ceremony.

Wolf declared that "this amendment has my support, because there is no excuse for younger people to take part in our national politics. They are our future, therefore the best way to encourage them to make a difference in our lives is to enable them to decide how our nation must go in the coming years."

Wolf denied any accusations that she supported Article 19 so to gain an upper hand in the upcoming NMR 2358 Elections.

"The nation's youth are free to decide whoever they want to lead their nation," she said.

While the act was supported by most Liberationists and Democratic Socialists, as well as the rest of the Namorese Left, it was opposed by the top leadership of the New Democratic Party (NDP), who issued a one-line whip against it. A surprising move, given that the rightist party usually supports youth enpowerment. NDP CCM Aaron Ziben delivered a speech against the bill during the general discussion.

"While the idea of giving youngsters the right to vote might sound like an effective way to support and encourage youth enpowerment, there are other ways as well, such as having youngsters do more volunteer work," Ziben said. "I don't think this bill is effective, given that political apathy in Namor is on the rise, and most youngsters wouldn't care about Namorese politics, and see it as irrelevant to their lives."

The proponent of this bill, CCM Fan Yu of the Liberationist Party, gave his party's side of the argument.

"I find it pretty embarrassing for the Jahistics in the party to oppose this bill," he commented, "weren't you the people who supported 14 year-olds to go around and shoot people in the head? If you support that, why don't you have the guts to support this amendment?"

The amending of Article 19 meant that next year, millions of 15 year-olds would be able to vote in ballots nationwide without receiving intervention. Shortly after the announcement of its passage, members of the Alliance for Youth Empowerment (AYE) cheered and celebrated outside the Central Council Hall, most of its members being middle and high school students.

"This act shows that Namor is indeed a democratic paradise, not only for the people, but for the youth as well," Aliya Sa, one leader, told PTH, "It shows that our constitution is something all other nations should follow."

Article 19's amendment now brings Namor in the list of nations in Esquarium and the world with one of the most liberalized voting laws; however, other nations---such as Iglesiantis and Swilatia---have no voting age limit at all. Whether Namor will abolish all voting age requirements is a question time can only answer.

---PTH

IN OTHER NEWS

• Kusef submits bid for NMR 2357 EFYS :arrow:
  • Construction workplace accident leaves two dead in Jokela :arrow:
  • One year of no Namo-Unolian relations: MOFA urges Thuman to "make moderate decisions and pay reasonable efforts" :arrow:

Image Subscribe!
Image Share

COMMENTS
Showing 1-5 out of 74189

Power2theYouth: I am a 14 year-old who will turn 15 next year, just in time for the elections. Much thnx to the DemSocs for letting us vote!!! :3 thousand kisses 71 34
Engrish1995: Stupid kids, you shouldn't be voting, you should be learning and going to school. 2 39
Last edited by Namor on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communist Quinntopia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Quinntopia » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:30 am

redacted
Last edited by Communist Quinntopia on Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates