NATION

PASSWORD

Brutal Dawn (IC, Closed)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kazomal
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kazomal » Tue May 20, 2014 7:21 am

"That's. . .not a bad idea," replied Niko. "But let me ask you something. You guys have been working this case longer than I have, how much do you know about our Mission Controller?"
Check out Rabbit Punch, the MMA, Sports, News & Politics blog, now in two great flavors!

Rabbit Punch: Sports (MMA and Sports Blog)- http://www.rabbitpunch1.blogspot.com
Rabbit Punch: Politics (News and Politics, the Ultimate Contact Sports)- http://rabbitpunchpolitics.blogspot.com/

The Fanboyists
Senator

Founded: Sep 21, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Fanboyists » Tue May 20, 2014 9:51 am

I shook my head and snapped my fingers. "Basically that," I said with a sigh. "Apparently, we're here at the behest of a group called 'Solaris Fact-Finding,' which apparently offered monetary compensation to the Organization for us to investigate this. The mission controller herself is a 'Miranda Summerfield.' We met her in person, but she was all professionalism in the briefing before we departed. Apart from roughly what she looks like and that she works for Solaris, we know next to nothing. My mentor, Andrew Morgraine, warned me not to trust her, though, until we know more, given the oddity of the situation. He didn't sound happy about the thing, so I suspect he was going to have words with Commander Milvian."

I looked to Metal Man. "The prospect of faking our own deaths seems a bit dicey. I doubt Vander's the only practitioner among our enemies, and if any of them are halfway competent, they'll recognize that the psychic residue at any such scene wouldn't match with several violent deaths. We'll keep the idea in reserve, if it comes down to it, but let's look at our other options, first."
Proud member of the Ajax role-playing community!
Ottonia, Draakur, and Untsangazar in Ajax
Terefuxe, formerly Allamunnic States (NSSport)

"The plans and schemes of tyrants are broken by many things. They shatter against cliffs of heroic struggle. They rupture on reefs of open resistance. And they are slowly eroded, bit by little bit, on the very beaches where they measure triumph, by countless grains of sand. By the stubborn little decencies of humble little men." -Eric Flint, Belisarius II: In The Heart of Darkness

SF n F
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Tue May 20, 2014 6:27 pm

The information on Trazien started coming in. It stated...

Kazomal
Minister

Postby Kazomal » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:47 pm

A quick internet search for the name Robert Trazien returns a high number of results.

There is a record of his graduation from a Masters program in Finance from the University of Oxana in Karacha in 1976. There are also articles in various online business journals naming him to various offices with both the Daytan Corp and Cerial, as well as the Sark mining conglomerate, which is part owned by Daytan.

Other articles refer to his work with the Committee for Oxanian Prosperity. Mentioned a few times for his earlier role as Campus Outreach Coordinator, Trazien has been Executive Director of the Committee for some time now, and his official bio lists him as a current member of the Board of Directors of the Daytan Corp.

Based on the sources returned (business journals and industry publications), Robert Trazien appears to be well-respected in business and political communities, but largely unknown to the general public, rarely being mentioned in more general news sources.

A Robert Trayzin also attended University of Oxana System at the Elos campus in 1938, but did not finish his first year. No further records of the name exist until Trazien’s time at UO. The similarity in name appears to be coincidental.
Last edited by Kazomal on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out Rabbit Punch, the MMA, Sports, News & Politics blog, now in two great flavors!

Rabbit Punch: Sports (MMA and Sports Blog)- http://www.rabbitpunch1.blogspot.com
Rabbit Punch: Politics (News and Politics, the Ultimate Contact Sports)- http://rabbitpunchpolitics.blogspot.com/

SF n F
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:32 pm

"I guess that leaves us with Brantford, them," the Metal Man said.

A personnell selector, he thought about Trazien. Perhaps another Stalin waiting to spring upon the world.

As he stood there, he started up an I2P process (an anonymizing internet protocol) and checked for what he could dig up on Solaris Fact Finding,

Kazomal
Minister

Postby Kazomal » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:07 pm

Solaris Fact Finding is a private intelligence firm, providing research-based analysis, as well as on-site investigations. Well respected in Oxana and the continent beyond, Solaris is often contracted by government agencies, private corporations, or wealthy individuals in the Republic. They also have a small private security department.

While Solaris does occasionally subcontract, nothing indicates that Solaris has worked with the supernatural in the past.

Kazomal
Minister

Postby Kazomal » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:25 am

The Fanboyists wrote:I shook my head and snapped my fingers. "Basically that," I said with a sigh. "Apparently, we're here at the behest of a group called 'Solaris Fact-Finding,' which apparently offered monetary compensation to the Organization for us to investigate this. The mission controller herself is a 'Miranda Summerfield.' We met her in person, but she was all professionalism in the briefing before we departed. Apart from roughly what she looks like and that she works for Solaris, we know next to nothing. My mentor, Andrew Morgraine, warned me not to trust her, though, until we know more, given the oddity of the situation. He didn't sound happy about the thing, so I suspect he was going to have words with Commander Milvian."

I looked to Metal Man. "The prospect of faking our own deaths seems a bit dicey. I doubt Vander's the only practitioner among our enemies, and if any of them are halfway competent, they'll recognize that the psychic residue at any such scene wouldn't match with several violent deaths. We'll keep the idea in reserve, if it comes down to it, but let's look at our other options, first."

“Well, we’re actually in a fairly strong position here. We know who our target is, and from what Lynch told us, we know that they are planning something fairly extensive. The next move is ours. We just need to find an angle of attack. . .”

Niko began pacing the room.

"If something big is going down, they'll be mobilizing their resources, right? Military, political, economic, there will have been a shift at some point as resources were devoted to the goal. We just have to dig in the right places.”

The Kazomal man’s movements were becoming more abrupt as his speech became faster. He recklessly poured himself a glass of bourbon as he continued, drinking in large gulps.

“And there’s still the “foreign power” angle. The man mentioned some foreign power who started this whole thing. There has to be some clandestine contact there, most likely military. Another entry point. And of course, we have identified one of their bases, perhaps their HQ."

The spy finished his drink and poured another. “Anyone else want to jump in here? Brainstorming is a team sport.”
Last edited by Kazomal on Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

SF n F
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:22 am

"Add to this," the Metal Man said, "that I have a record of a Robert Trazien attending college in 1938. If it's our Trazien, he could be nearly a hundred years old--and it might tie in with what happened to your witness. I've heard rumors of age theft magic.

"You're right, Niko. We need to delineate their command and control structure, and get a basic understanding of their broad-based communication systems. Only when we understand these things will we be able to take effective action. Ordinarily, I'd suggest putting heavy surveilance on their building, but I'm not sure we have time for it. What about Trazirn? He can't know we've uncovered him. Could we tail him?"

Kazomal
Minister

Postby Kazomal » Mon May 11, 2015 4:38 pm

“Yeah, I don’t see why not,” Niko replied. “but we’ll have to be careful how we go about it. Any suggestions?”

The Fanboyists
Senator

Founded: Sep 21, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Fanboyists » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:22 pm

I shook my head. "I don't know," I told them. "It really depends on what Trazien's capabilities are. If he's a straight mortal, he should not be too hard to tail; that is, as long as we cover the conventional angles, we should be fine. Of course, there is that possibility of a connection, but..." I shook my head again. "He would have to have no originality whatsoever to change the spelling but not sound of his name, if he were going with some sort of lifeforce-theft magic and cover it up somehow."

Pacing, I listened to Niko's ideas a little more closely, then. "That's a good start. As you said, if they're mobilizing their resources, there will be paper trails, most likely." It certainly seemed like a good lead. If this society worked anything like Allamunnic society, there would be all sorts of paper records. Well, I hoped paper records. Electronic ones would be at mostly inaccessible to me. "We get a good figure on those, and we can get a better understanding of what, where, when, and how. We've already got the who, at least, so little mercies there, but..."

I turned to the Metal Man. "What did you say you'd found about Solaris?" After he had relayed the information (once more), I paused, thinking.

"No connection to the supernatural? Well, either they changed their mind and branched out, or..." Or Ms. Summerfield was lying, and this whole thing is either a set-up, or at least has unclear motives. Which we were already pretty sure of anyway. So that helps us little.

"Perhaps I'm being overly cautious; please say so if you think so, but I think we need to regroup with the others, first, no matter what our next move is." Last thing I needed was to worry about a green little thing like Riktunshoef on her own.
Proud member of the Ajax role-playing community!
Ottonia, Draakur, and Untsangazar in Ajax
Terefuxe, formerly Allamunnic States (NSSport)

"The plans and schemes of tyrants are broken by many things. They shatter against cliffs of heroic struggle. They rupture on reefs of open resistance. And they are slowly eroded, bit by little bit, on the very beaches where they measure triumph, by countless grains of sand. By the stubborn little decencies of humble little men." -Eric Flint, Belisarius II: In The Heart of Darkness

SF n F
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:34 pm

"Agreed." said the Metal Man. "Besides, in a worst-case3 scenario, where our employer has been infiltrated, we will need contingency planw in case any of us are captured. Can you imagine what agew thieves could do with an Aumenic?? A limited immortal?"

Kazomal
Minister

Postby Kazomal » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:19 pm

“We'll be careful, but I think that this might be our best chance," replied Niko, finishing his drink in a large gulp and virtually slamming his glass on the kitchen bar. "Let’s get everyone together and get a tail on this prick. See what shakes out.”

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates