NATION

PASSWORD

May Everything be Forgiven, (Semi-Open/TG invite)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Menassa
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

May Everything be Forgiven, (Semi-Open/TG invite)

Postby Menassa » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:49 am

King Menashe II was 95 years of age, his health was failing him, their was nothing left to do but annul his vows. The King entered the Temple and walked straight in to The Chamber of Hewn Stone were the Great Sanhedrin met daily to discuss important issues. Now ussualy the King would sit as the head of this great court but now he did not. The King appeared only as a petitioner seeking to be forgiven the court of man. His Holiness Eli the High Priest sat atop the largest chair in the semi circle of seventy two chairs alike, to his right was his deputy His Holiness Yosef Bar Kufya, and to the High Priest's left was the Holy Profit Shumel the Nazarite who would then anoint the new King or Queen.
"Ah yes King Menashe How can your humble servants be of service to you today," Eli the High Priest said humbly.

King Menashe stood in front of the judges and spoke aloud:
*"Listen, please, my masters, expert judges, every vow or oath or prohibition that I adopted by the use of the slang term 'konam' or the term 'cherem; that I vowed or swore while I awake or in a dream; or that I swore be means of Gods Holy Names that is forbidden to erase by means of the name HASHEM, Blessed is He; or any form of nazirism that I have that I have accepted upon myself even the Nazirism of Samson. Or any prohibition, even prohibitions to derive enjoyment that I imposed on myself or that I imposed on others by means of any expression of Prohibition whether using the word 'Prohibition or by the slang words 'konam' or 'cherem'. or any commitment even for the positive that I accepted upon myself, whether the acceptance was in terms of a vow, voluntary gift, an oath, nazirism, or by means of any other expression, or whether it was made final through a handshake; any form of vow, voluntary gift or any form that accustoms a good deed that I have accustomed myself; and any utterance that escaped my mouth or vowed in my heart to preform any of the various optional good deeds, good practices or any good thing I have preformed three times but with ought specifying the practices does not have the force of a vow; whether the thing I did was regarding my self or others; both regarding vows that are known to me and those I have already forgotten. Regarding all of them I regret retroactively and request of your eminences the annulment of them.I am fearful that I will stumble and become entrapped, in the sins of: vows, oaths, nazarisims, cherems, prohobitions, konams and agreements.

Therefore I request annulment of them all. I regret all the aforementioned whether they were maters relating to money or whether they are maters relating to the body or whether they are maters relating to the soul. Regarding them all I regret the vow, oath, nazarisim, prohibition, cherem, Konam, or acceptance of the heart.

Now behold, according to the law, one who regrets must specify his actions but please be informed, my masters that it is impossible to specify them because they are many. Nor do I seek annulment for those that cannot be annulled so therefore please make it so as if I have specified them."

The three judges looked at each other, they were not expecting this to happen so soon. They had all known the King since he was a little boy running about in his father's fields and playing wit the dogs. But now he had grown old and his life was rearing its end and they all new it, with tears rolling down their cheeks they spoke out in unison:

"May everything be permitted you, may everything be forgiven you, may everything be allowed you. There does not exist any: vow, oath, nazarisam, cheram, Prohibition, Konam, ostracism excommunication or curse. But there does exist pardon, forgiveness, and atonement. And just as the House of Judgment on earth permits it so may it be permitted in the Heavenly House of Judgment."
The three judges said this three times all in unison before the king spoke.

After they had repeated this paragraph three times King Menashe spoke again:

"Behold I make this formal decleration before you and cancel any vows, oaths, nazarisms, cherems, konams, prohibitions, agreements or acceptance of the heart that I myself will accept upon my self, while I am awake or in a dream and except for the vows that I undertake during Mincha. In case I forget this conditions and make another vow, from this moment onward I retroactively regret them and declare them that they are null and void, withought affect and withought validity that they shall not take affect at all. Regarding them all, I regret them this time and forever."

King Menashe finished and walked out of the Chamber of Hewn stone. The King walked backed to the palace and into his room, having felt complete that he now had no more attachments to this world. After he would pass their would be an anointing of one of his three children to his office. They will have the responsibilities of leading the whole nation into a new and brighter dawn. King Menashe II smiled and laid flat in his bed, he crossed one foot over the other and put his hands on his chest. Now all was finally silent.

King Menashe II's physician walked out of his chambers with a frown, the doctor looked up at the three judges who were with him only a moment ago and he shook his head. The Judges all tor their clothes and uttered in Unison the prayer for the dead. "Yisgadal v'yiskadash sh'mei rabah,"- may his great name grow exalted and sanctified.

Two days later.... Menassian Palace.

"No! no! no!" Princess Tzipporah walked into the room at a fast pace, and slamming paper down on the table. Sitting in the corner in a large leather chair was Prince Josiah, he was dressed in a large pinstripe suit and in front of him was a large table. "What's the matter sis? I am to be crowned king, does it upset you that you will not be the reigning monarch?" Josiah asked jokingly to his sister. "No you're not, we have a bigger problem then the arguments between me and you," Tzipporah said sitting on the table and pointing to the papers. Josiah looked at the papers and scoweld. "No... this can't be... this can't be," Tzipporah and Josiah marched out of the room and headed to the main room in the palace.

Horeb
Border Town between Menassa and the Philistine
Under Philistine control.

A group of men walked into the town square, their were about two hundred of them in total. All together they looked like some priests or other scholars who tried to separate themselves from the world, they were all holding staffs. Receintly word had reached these men that King Menashe II was dead, but this hadn't reached the trapped Menassians in hiding who lived in Horeb, they had no way out and no connection to the outside world. One of the cloaked men walked out of the grouped and removed his hood. "Menassians!" The man shouted for he clearly looked like he was from Menassa, with the beard and striped robe under the cloak. "King Menashe is Dead! The time for mourning has soon passed! Release yourself from these bonds which you have been chained with. Lets cut some Foreskins!" The man shouted and all the group removed their cloaks and unsheathed swords. Those Menassians hiding in the crowd gathered their weapons or kitchen utensils or random blunt objects and began to attacked these filthy uncircumcised heathens.

Menassian Palace
One day after the recapturing of Horeb
word still had not reached the palace.

Princess Chaiya sat in her room and looked out the window, from her vantage point she could see the entire capital city along with the glorious temple in the distance. Chaiya was sad that her father had died and she wondered who would take over in his stead. Chaiya had her bets on Tzipporah. She may have been adopted but she was the wisest of the three of them. Chaiya got up from her bed and left the room, she walked around the halls thinking about recent events until Josiah came up to her.
"Hey their punk," Josiah said grabbing her by the hand. "
Were are we going!?" she asked frantically.
"No, where we're just going to play a little game," Josiah responded evilly.
"I'm not six anymore!" Chaiya yelled and grabbed her hand away.
Josiah gave Chaiya a menacing look and motioned down the hall way, Chaiya slumped her head and walked in the direction he was pointing.

"Prince Josiah!" Eli the High preist said coming up behind them.
"I would treat your new queen with more respect than that," Shmuel the Nazarite said coming from the other direction
"Wha-wha-what?" Chaiya stammered.
"Queen! Queen! your coronation is soon, let us get you ready," Eli said before Chaiya fainted into arms of the Nazarite
"Damn!" Josiah said before running off.

Palace Balcony over looking all of Menassa
Five hours later
The News of Horeb still had not yet reached the Palace.

"All of Israel, I pronounce you, your Queen!"
The Nazarite yelled into a loud Microphone that was hooked up to loud speakers across the nation.
The Nazarite placed a crown on her head as the crowd cheered in roaring splendor.
"Chiya Malcas Menassa, chai vikyom!" May Chaiya the queen of Menassa's day be lengthened.

3 Hours later
Hall of shields (throne room)
Horeb's events still remained a mystery

"Eli, can we throw a party?" Chaiya asked from atop her late fathers throne.
"Yes your highness you can do vurtully whatever you want,"
"Goodie! I shall invite all my freinds and some of my fathers friends," Chaiya said while giggling.
Tzipporah scowled and Josiah frowned.

OOC: Just post arrival at the Palace
OOC: Chronologically this is five years after the events at Maxia in the middle of the summer
OOC: If you are apart of the Maxia RP your Chars, should be five years older.
* Italicized text is a prayer called 'annulment of vows'
Last edited by Menassa on Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember what Amalek did to you on your journey --- Do not Forget!
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:20 am

Chloe Chainfell arrived at the palace. It was grand and beautiful, more stunning than anything in Chloe's homeland. Jealousy reared it's ugly head yet again. She and the new queen were not the best of friends, and she did not know why she had been invited to the coronation. It would not be pleasant for her to see Chaiya again. It had been five years since they had first met and Chloe had despised her instantly. However, she wanted to at least try to turn a new leaf. She did not expect to succeed.
Last edited by Nakarisaune on Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:28 am

Nakarisaune wrote:Chloe Chainfell arrived at the palace. It was grand and beautiful, more stunning than anything in Chloe's homeland. Jealousy reared it's ugly head yet again. She and the soon-to-be-queen were not the best of friends, and she did not know why she had been invited to the coronation. It would not be pleasant for her to see Chaiya again. It had been five years since they had first met and Chloe had despised her instantly. However, she wanted to at least try to turn a new leaf. She did not expect to succeed.

"Chloe?!" Chaiya said half pretending to be in shock and half in disgust.
"Chole! I can't believe you came, it's been so long" Chaiya said getting off her throne and hugging Chloe.
"And who might this be?" Josiah asked Tzipporah with a frown.
"It's seems to be Chloe Chainfell from Nakarisuane," Josiah said looking at the invite list.
"You know we can't let be queen right?" Tzipporah said and Josiah nodded.
"Soon, sis, soon."
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:53 am

Menassa wrote:
Nakarisaune wrote:Chloe Chainfell arrived at the palace. It was grand and beautiful, more stunning than anything in Chloe's homeland. Jealousy reared it's ugly head yet again. She and the soon-to-be-queen were not the best of friends, and she did not know why she had been invited to the coronation. It would not be pleasant for her to see Chaiya again. It had been five years since they had first met and Chloe had despised her instantly. However, she wanted to at least try to turn a new leaf. She did not expect to succeed.

"Chloe?!" Chaiya said half pretending to be in shock and half in disgust.
"Chole! I can't believe you came, it's been so long" Chaiya said getting off her throne and hugging Chloe.
"It's seems to be Chloe Chainfell from Nakarisuane," Josiah said looking at the invite list.
"Soon, sis, soon."

Chloe accepted the hug, but mentally recoiled. As her sister and brother checked her identity, Chloe was mentally snarling. She hated it here already. It seemed unnatural. She then bowed flamboyantly to Chaiya. "Let Saia be with you, kita." It sounded like a blessing, but it was a curse: Saia was the goddess of death, and to be with Saia was to be at death's door. Her tone, however, was light and happy, and did not betray the scorn Chloe felt towards the Queen.
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:16 am

Nakarisaune wrote:
Menassa wrote:"Chloe?!" Chaiya said half pretending to be in shock and half in disgust.
"Soon, sis, soon."

Chloe accepted the hug, but mentally recoiled. As her sister and brother checked her identity, Chloe was mentally snarling. She hated it here already. It seemed unnatural. She then bowed flamboyantly to Chaiya. "Let Saia be with you, kita." It sounded like a blessing, but it was a curse: Saia was the goddess of death, and to be with Saia was to be at death's door. Her tone, however, was light and happy, and did not betray the scorn Chloe felt towards the Queen.

"Pleasure to see you again," Chaiya said hiding her absolute detestation for this girl.
Chaiya thought she had invited this girl to show her how much better she was then her being a queen now while Chloe was still a second class to the cat people of Chloe's home land.
"So how have you been? You must be tired from all that come rest and we can catch up," Chaiya said while her siblings looked down upon her.

Starkindler
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Starkindler » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:54 am

While browsing through her e-mail, a courier arrived to the house of the Argaladors. Her mother accepted the letter, and screamed up to her.
"Edverenil! You got a letter. Via post."
She ran downstairs, opened the letter, and read it. She immediately ran upstairs, much of the surprise to her mother. She locked the door to her room, then made a Skype call to the office of the Empress. A robotic voice answered.
"Good day. This is the Office of the Empress of Starkindler. We have..."
The girl interrupted the robot, who would have sent her away, to a different department, or just put down the phone.
"Command word: Omega Seven Ef Beta. Priority green."
"Acknowledged. Please stand by while processing."
The elf known she had three seconds to get a valid password, or she would be tracked and executed for high treason, even if being a legal user of the override system.
"Codename Evening Star. Password will follow." She quickly typed in commands to her computer, sending large, complicated key files. As a recognizance, a terminal window appeared establishing a secure connection, connecting her directly to the Empress.
"Her Majesty" - the young elf bowed deeply before her computer. The camera mounted in it recorded.
"Raise, Edverenil. What brought you here today?"
"Her Majesty, the courier had flawed. I was brought a letter to invite you or one of your representatives to the coronation in Menassa."
"That's a routine work, I will send an ambassador clank to handle this. Scan the letter to be able to be reproduced. Is that all?"

The girl put the letter in the scanner, then bowed before the computer again.
"I'm terribly sorry to have bothered you with such nuisances, your Majesty. Please, apologize to me."
The ruled had read the letter, and found that it's the young girl, who got invited.
"The courier was right, you should go to the event."
"Your majesty? I'm not qualified..."
"That was an order. You are now named... Crown Princess of the Empire of Starkindler."
"Thank you, your majesty for your grace. I will do my best to serve my people."

Her next days were spent in a rush, as a new dress, and a tiara was fitted for her, for her filing for rights and for a visa to Menassa.

With all her majestic grace, she entered the palace in Menassa, like if she wasn't appointed princess, but directly to Empress. She wore a delicately ornamented white, strapless dress with motifs of roses embossed in gold over it, in the lowest, and the highest line circularly, and spiraling up. It had an ankle length skirt. The newly-appointed princess also wore a diamond tiara, and a diamond necklace. Her long hair was allowed to flow freely on her back. She also wore white opera gloves to complete the formal outfit that was standard all over the Empire. Even her school mates would have noticed she had grown significantly, and appeared more mature, even since she completed her fourth year in Maxia a month ago. She now had the figure of a young adult elven lady, and she was 1860 mm high, near her full adult height.
She looked all over the palace to seek for the new Empress of Menassa, when she spot her friend from the school, Chloe. Knowing, that she would most likely not congratulate her on her appointment to Crown Princess of the Empire of Starkindler, she decided to keep quiet, even as her dress said everything. As such a dress in Starkindler was restricted only for the personal use of the Empress, or The Prom, and she was nowhere near her Exam of Maturation in the Imperial school system, even with attending cram school all summer. She greeted her friend:
"Hi Chloe! You also got invited here? How was your summer since?"

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Chloe had been about to walk out, irate, but then Edverenil, her old friend, walked in. The elf looked more graceful than she had ever been, and something seemed to have changed about her. She seemed more like a grown-up, like a leader. "Hello!" She felt inadequate in her clothes: a simple striped red-and-gold dress and a redmetal corset. She ran up to Edverenil and hugged her. "The summer's been alright: just more being spat on by those awful princesses I told you about. How's it been for you? Been practising your magic?" Chloe had been practising her magic, and was now more popular in the tribe, though still detested by the high-and-mighty princesses. Chloe didn't see the point in princesses; they were all so arrogant and perfect.

Starkindler
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Starkindler » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:33 pm

The elf responded by returning the embrace of the friend of hers, what the paranoid security personnel as yet another attempt on her life, but fortunately, they didn't storm the building.
"Your majesty, all you all right?" the security waiting outside the building asked on the radio, which could be only heard by her.
"Would you just stop following me for a moment, and let me be alone for a moment?", she said over the radio, then apologized to the blonde as she broke the hug.
"Sorry, you know, Her Majesty" - she did a small curtsey here for fun - " is being... more protective of me lately."
She then listened to yet another awful summer of the young human being terrorized again by the princesses of her country.
"I could get you a visa to the Empire, you would certainly love the beach at Mithlond. Due to Environment reforms, the sea is clearer than ever, and the weather has been great the entire summer. Unfortunately, most of the time, I have to go to cram school, to catch up with the Muggle education at home, and I couldn't practice magic as much as I wanted to. If only I had a Time-turner."- The elf sighed here. School curriculum was demanding in the Empire even at school time, but at a third of a time, it was a near-impossible challenge to mount. - "Suppose you had more time to practice? And how's your tribe?"

Earth Sphere Coalition
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Sphere Coalition » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:29 pm

It has been five years since Joseph Kane left Maxia to begin his apprenticeship. He had had no contact with his old friends at all and he had dedicated his life to learning the dark arts. So when he saw that he received an invite to Chaiya's Coronation and Party, he was shocked. He instantly called his master to speak with him via the dragon tattoo on his right forearm, no more then five seconds after the call went out, the Dark Lord Desdinova was before him. His dark cloak and silver mask made him an imposing figure.

"What is it Nocturne? I was in the middle of research pertaining to the Silmarils!" Desdinova asked using Joseph's Code Name, angry that he was disturbed by his young charge.

"My Lord, I received this invitation and I need to know what to do." the young man asked as he showed him the invite.

"Go to it, reconnect. You are going back to Maxia's this year so you might as well start making friends again. Anyways, they will make great allies if you can sway them to our side." Desdinova said as he turned around.

"Also, I have been keeping tabs on them. The elf, Edverenil is still smitten with you after all these years. She wishes to see you again. Your best of friends, Chaiya is also harboring feelings for you. If they are romantic or brotherly I do not know. Press your advantage Nocturne and protect them both since they are valuable." and with that he was gone, like he was never there.

"Yes...my Master." Joseph said quietly as he readied his things.

Jospeh walked down the pathway, and saw the entrance of Chaiya's Palace.

"Here goes nothing." he said as he he walked in, seeing Chaiya he smiled, it had been too long. He looked at the girls next to him, he recognized Chloe, even though she had grown taller. Then there was the elf, Edverenil. She was quite possibly the most beautiful woman he had set his eyes on. Gaining control of his emotions he walked up to them.

"Ladies...it's been a very long time. Hasn't it?" he chuckled.

OOC: Found some time to post. Also, look at the picture, that is what he is wearing and how he looks.
Last edited by Earth Sphere Coalition on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Official Council Member and Russian BAMF of Fall of Gods RP
Jacob Alexander King, Archon of the Earth Sphere Coalition and Overlord of Western Quootar
Earth Sphere Coalition Factbook
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 5

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:34 pm

Earth Sphere Coalition wrote:It has been five years since Joseph Kane left Maxia to begin his apprenticeship. He had had no contact with his old friends at all and he had dedicated his life to learning the dark arts. So when he saw that he received an invite to Chaiya's Coronation and Party, he was shocked. He instantly called his master to speak with him via the dragon tattoo on his right forearm, no more then five seconds after the call went out, the Dark Lord Desdinova was before him. His dark cloak and silver mask made him an imposing figure.

"What is it Nocturne? I was in the middle of research pertaining to the Silmarils!" Desdinova asked using Joseph's Code Name, angry that he was disturbed by his young charge.

"My Lord, I received this invitation and I need to know what to do." the young man asked as he showed him the invite.

"Go to it, reconnect. You are going back to Maxia's this year so you might as well start making friends again. Anyways, they will make great allies if you can sway them to our side." Desdinova said as he turned around.

"Also, I have been keeping tabs on them. The elf, Edverenil is still smitten with you after all these years. She wishes to see you again. Your best of friends, Chaiya is also harboring feelings for you. If they are romantic or brotherly I do not know. Press your advantage Nocturne and protect them both since they are valuable." and with that he was gone, like he was never there.

"Here goes nothing." he said as he he walked in, seeing Chaiya he smiled, it had been too long. He looked at the girls next to him, he recognized Chloe, even though she had grown taller. Then there was the elf, Edverenil. She was quite possibly the most beautiful woman he had set his eyes on. Gaining control of his emotions he walked up to them.

OOC: Found some time to post. Also, look at the picture, that is what he is wearing and how he looks.

"Joseph!" Chaiya said running up to him and wrapping him in a tight embrace. "It's been so long since I last saw you, how are you, how is everything, the years were kind to you," Chaiya said before laughing a little. She had always been interested in Joseph and now more so then ever Chaiya bit her lip a little thinking back to her school dies.

"Ah yes and this must be Joseph Kane," Josiah said to his sister still in the background of this whole event.
"I distinctly remembering Chaiya talking to Eli about him or something," Tzipporah said "Always hated Eli,"
"We know you did," Josiah said rolling his eyes.

Earth Sphere Coalition
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Sphere Coalition » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Menassa wrote:
Earth Sphere Coalition wrote:It has been five years since Joseph Kane left Maxia to begin his apprenticeship. He had had no contact with his old friends at all and he had dedicated his life to learning the dark arts. So when he saw that he received an invite to Chaiya's Coronation and Party, he was shocked. He instantly called his master to speak with him via the dragon tattoo on his right forearm, no more then five seconds after the call went out, the Dark Lord Desdinova was before him. His dark cloak and silver mask made him an imposing figure.

"Joseph!" Chaiya said running up to him and wrapping him in a tight embrace. "It's been so long since I last saw you, how are you, how is everything, the years were kind to you," Chaiya said before laughing a little. She had always been interested in Joseph and now more so then ever Chaiya bit her lip a little thinking back to her school dies.

"Ah yes and this must be Joseph Kane," Josiah said to his sister still in the background of this whole event.
"I distinctly remembering Chaiya talking to Eli about him or something," Tzipporah said "Always hated Eli,"

Returning the hug, he couldn't help but notice the not so subtle compliment.

"I've been good, since my parent's died, I've inherited the Kane Estate and I have an apprenticeship so that I can finish my schooling. And please, I'm but an ugly duckling compared to you girls. You have all grown up beautifully." Joseph smiled and he looked over at Josiah "Yes, I am Joseph Kane." he acknowledged.
Jacob Alexander King, Archon of the Earth Sphere Coalition and Overlord of Western Quootar

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Earth Sphere Coalition wrote:
Menassa wrote:"Joseph!" Chaiya said running up to him and wrapping him in a tight embrace. "It's been so long since I last saw you, how are you, how is everything, the years were kind to you," Chaiya said before laughing a little. She had always been interested in Joseph and now more so then ever Chaiya bit her lip a little thinking back to her school dies.

Returning the hug, he couldn't help but notice the not so subtle compliment.

"I've been good, since my parent's died, I've inherited the Kane Estate and I have an apprenticeship so that I can finish my schooling. And please, I'm but an ugly duckling compared to you girls. You have all grown up beautifully." Joseph smiled and he looked over at Josiah "Yes, I am Joseph Kane." he acknowledged.

"Oh wow, that's great, as you know by now while you inherited the Kane Estate I inherited the empire," Chaiya said giggling. "Oh please you look much better," Chaiya said then turning to the Elf. "Edverenil, so glad you could make it!" Chaiya said hugging the elf. "Come everybody let us sit and eat," Chaiya said pointing to a table with chairs out.

"Yes I am well aware who you are," Josiah said sneering. "Many a time my little sister has conversed about your throngs of golden hair like a field of feathery wheat," Josiah said and Chaiya blushed, "um..." was all she would say.

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Chloe smiled at Joseph, who had just entered, and back at Edverenil. "They're fine, we've had good hunting recently, and my cousin was born last week. She's called Liaona." She had told Edverenil about her pregnant aunt last term. She turned to Joseph. "Yes, it has." She had never got at all close to Joseph, and she could not remember ever having a proper conversation with him. She wished Kulter would arrive, then wished she hadn't thought of him. She had fallen in love with him - how many years?- five years ago. She did not regret keeping it a secret. She would rather not get her heart broken.

Earth Sphere Coalition
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Sphere Coalition » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:57 pm

Menassa wrote:
Earth Sphere Coalition wrote:Returning the hug, he couldn't help but notice the not so subtle compliment.

"Oh wow, that's great, as you know by now while you inherited the Kane Estate I inherited the empire," Chaiya said giggling. "Oh please you look much better," Chaiya said then turning to the Elf. "Edverenil, so glad you could make it!" Chaiya said hugging the elf. "Come everybody let us sit and eat," Chaiya said pointing to a table with chairs out.

"Yes I am well aware who you are," Josiah said sneering. "Many a time my little sister has conversed about your throngs of golden hair like a field of feathery wheat," Josiah said and Chaiya blushed, "um..." was all she would say.

His suspicions confirmed, he shrugged them off and looked at Chaiya's brother.

"No need to openly embarrass your sister, your queen. I suggest you apologize for your slight." Joseph growled, not moving to the table. Years of training had made him a bit on the violent side, and he was not about to let the man insult his friend.

Starkindler
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Starkindler » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:09 pm

When her friend told about the uncle, the elf responded:
"How cute! Congratulations to the mom and your family. May she live long and prosper."
Then she saw Joseph in a breathtaking black suit. She had seen him grown up also, but it was such a long time. Even at this distance, she had to try hard to restrict her emotions. Unlike Her Majesty, who had run into her arms.
"Hi Joseph.", she could only say this, and kissed the man on his cheeks.
"I had missed you so much."
She blushed when he complimented her and the other girls also. She could have stared a bit also, as the future queen had noticed her first. She broke the embrace, then did her diplomatic routine.
"Your majesty." - She did a deep curtsey. - "As an appointed diplomat of Her Most Serene Majesty, The Grand Crown of the Star of the Queens, I would like to say Her People's congratulations for your ascension to the Throne of Menassa. May you and your people enjoy a long, peaceful reign."
After another curtsey, she noted the remark of Chayia's sibling. She could have swallowed the jealousy if it came from just only one direction, as she could count the embrace of the princess as the hug of close friends, but as she heard that the princess is secretly fantasizing about Joseph, she grew angry, but she could mask it. She stood next to Joseph, and looked on the future queen's brother as if looks could kill, he would have dropped dead. She restricted herself not to say a word, as the position of people around her could easily cause a long war.
Last edited by Starkindler on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:24 pm

Earth Sphere Coalition wrote:
Menassa wrote:"Oh wow, that's great, as you know by now while you inherited the Kane Estate I inherited the empire," Chaiya said giggling. "Oh please you look much better," Chaiya said then turning to the Elf. "Edverenil, so glad you could make it!" Chaiya said hugging the elf. "Come everybody let us sit and eat," Chaiya said pointing to a table with chairs out.

His suspicions confirmed, he shrugged them off and looked at Chaiya's brother.

"No need to openly embarrass your sister, your queen. I suggest you apologize for your slight." Joseph growled, not moving to the table. Years of training had made him a bit on the violent side, and he was not about to let the man insult his friend.

"Be careful were you tread child," Josiah said being a full ten years older then Joseph. "Now now, Josiah I wouldn't want to anger the Queen on her sepcial day," Tzipporah said putting on hand on his shoulder. "Besides I'm sure she is within reason," Tzipporah said glancing around the room.

Chaiya forgot her older siblings and turned to the elf, "Please, save the formalities for later friend," Chaiya said smiling and hugging Edverenil. "Come every one sit and refreshments will be served," Chaiya said taking a seat.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:36 pm

Sarah Carmel, dark haired, light olive of skin, with bright eyes and though short with great presence arrived with her husband Stephen and their eldest son Caleb. Sarah's hair was in a kerchief, albeit a very handsome one decorated with a fringe and wore a fringed shawl over her dress. Stephen and she were distant cousins; it was customary among the Baran aristocracy of the ancient Edomite kingdom to marry third or fourth cousins to keep the names. Sarah as Attorney-General of New Edom was one of the highest ranking New Edomites available at the moment to go, and in any case was vying for the position of Vice-President. She looked around her with lively interest. Stephen's normally rather unruly dark curly hair was fairly neat, and he wore a dark suit and a half-cloak, while Caleb was in the uniform of the 17th Light Troops (New Edomite Rangers). Dark, tall, handsome, and increasingly confident due to his training, he was proud to be out with his parents in this capacity. The uniform was a New Edomite dress uniform, cherry red tunic with grey frogging and the light green 17th Light Troops patch on it, dark pants tucked into black riding boots.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:49 pm

New Edom wrote:Sarah Carmel, dark haired, light olive of skin, with bright eyes and though short with great presence arrived with her husband Stephen and their eldest son Caleb. Sarah's hair was in a kerchief, albeit a very handsome one decorated with a fringe and wore a fringed shawl over her dress. Stephen and she were distant cousins; it was customary among the Baran aristocracy of the ancient Edomite kingdom to marry third or fourth cousins to keep the names. Sarah as Attorney-General of New Edom was one of the highest ranking New Edomites available at the moment to go, and in any case was vying for the position of Vice-President. She looked around her with lively interest. Stephen's normally rather unruly dark curly hair was fairly neat, and he wore a dark suit and a half-cloak, while Caleb was in the uniform of the 17th Light Troops (New Edomite Rangers). Dark, tall, handsome, and increasingly confident due to his training, he was proud to be out with his parents in this capacity. The uniform was a New Edomite dress uniform, cherry red tunic with grey frogging and the light green 17th Light Troops patch on it, dark pants tucked into black riding boots.

Eli the High Priest intercepted the new guests who were new to Menassa and it would not make a very good first impression to see the children squabbling. "Ah yes welcome to Menassa, you must be Mr. and Mrs. Carmel and young Caleb," Eli said looking at Caleb. Eli was dressed in the eight priestly garments that included a long blue sleeveless robe with golden bells and fruits at the end of it. On the High Priest's head was a turban that was held in place by a gold plate across the front that was attached by two blue linen strings at the side around the hat and across the top.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:16 pm

The tall lanky Stephen, who wore a short beard and moustache, extended a long fingered hand in greeting. "I'm Stephen Carmel, yes. New Edomite composer and Chief Conductor of the Fineberg Philharmonic, and this is my wife, Sarah, who is Attorney-General of New Edom; our son, Lieutenant Caleb Carmel. We're very honored to be here, and honored to meet you as well. We are officially representing King David III and President Touchstone." Sarah didn't mind her husband speaking first at all; as a family Stephen was the head, after all; their professional capacities rarely met.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:23 pm

New Edom wrote:The tall lanky Stephen, who wore a short beard and moustache, extended a long fingered hand in greeting. "I'm Stephen Carmel, yes. New Edomite composer and Chief Conductor of the Fineberg Philharmonic, and this is my wife, Sarah, who is Attorney-General of New Edom; our son, Lieutenant Caleb Carmel. We're very honored to be here, and honored to meet you as well. We are officially representing King David III and President Touchstone." Sarah didn't mind her husband speaking first at all; as a family Stephen was the head, after all; their professional capacities rarely met.

"It is my pleasure to meet you all, and please when you return inform King David that Menassa sends her sincerest regards," Eli said adjusting his turban. "The food has yet to be served, please take a seat anywere you choose," Eli said pointing to the table and hoping that the children were done with their fighting. Josiah and Tzipporah sat across from each other in the middle of the table and the queen sat at the head. Shumel the Nazarite sat at the opposite end and the twelve princess from each tribe sat six on once side and six on the other.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:38 pm

The Carmel family went to sit near Princess Tzipporah, about whom they had heard a great deal, and introduced themselves. Stephen asked the Princess if she was interested in music, while Sarah asked her what plans she might have for her life. Caleb sat down and was quiet; he was mostly just enjoying a chance to relax, but felt a little out of place all the same; he had gotten really used to the constant training, living in barracks, the rough military language and life, and now found himself not only in a peaceful atmosphere but an exotic one as well. There was only a small Jewish community in New Edom and the Carmels, like most Barans, had little contact with them.

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:42 pm

New Edom wrote:The Carmel family went to sit near Princess Tzipporah, about whom they had heard a great deal, and introduced themselves. Stephen asked the Princess if she was interested in music, while Sarah asked her what plans she might have for her life. Caleb sat down and was quiet; he was mostly just enjoying a chance to relax, but felt a little out of place all the same; he had gotten really used to the constant training, living in barracks, the rough military language and life, and now found himself not only in a peaceful atmosphere but an exotic one as well. There was only a small Jewish community in New Edom and the Carmels, like most Barans, had little contact with them.

"It is a pleasure to meet you all," Tzipporah said smiling and putting her hands on her lap.
"Oh, please I'm just a normal person who likes everything else that everybodey else does," Tzipporah said trying to look meek and anger the new queen. Eli took his fingers and began to lightly massage his temples out of pure annoyance."This is going to be a fun few years," Eli cynically whispered to the Nazarite.
Josiah laughed a little and took a sip of his water while the new queen spoke. "So Joseph what have you been up to lately, she asked fluttering her eyes at him."

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Chloe sat next to Chaiya's sister - what was her name? - Tzipporah. She didn't look any more happy about Chaiya's coronation than Chloe was. She decided to strike up a conversation. "How can you stand her?" she whispered, shooting a glance at Chaiya, who was trying to flirt with Joseph. "She's bad enough at school..."

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:35 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:Chloe sat next to Chaiya's sister - what was her name? - Tzipporah. She didn't look any more happy about Chaiya's coronation than Chloe was. She decided to strike up a conversation. "How can you stand her?" she whispered, shooting a glance at Chaiya, who was trying to flirt with Joseph. "She's bad enough at school..."

Tzipporah took a sip of her water and smiled at her brother because of the question raised by Chaiya's 'friend'. "Hmm yes, she is most detestable in my eyes, I mean I am the eldest I should be queen, I think it was because I was adopted," Tzipporah said trailing off. "But then again I guess I am the eldest and most fitting," Tzipporah said quietly so Chaiya could not here, for she was queen now and she could have Tzipporah's head in a fire in double time.

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:40 pm

Menassa wrote:
Nakarisaune wrote:Chloe sat next to Chaiya's sister - what was her name? - Tzipporah. She didn't look any more happy about Chaiya's coronation than Chloe was. She decided to strike up a conversation. "How can you stand her?" she whispered, shooting a glance at Chaiya, who was trying to flirt with Joseph. "She's bad enough at school..."

Tzipporah took a sip of her water and smiled at her brother because of the question raised by Chaiya's 'friend'. "Hmm yes, she is most detestable in my eyes, I mean I am the eldest I should be queen, I think it was because I was adopted," Tzipporah said trailing off. "But then again I guess I am the eldest and most fitting," Tzipporah said quietly so Chaiya could not here, for she was queen now and she could have Tzipporah's head in a fire in double time.

Chloe had noticed slight differences between Tzipporah and her siblings. That must be because she had been adopted. Tzipporah did look a lot more pleasant than her arrogant sister. "Yes, you probably should be. How come she gets the throne? Can the crown fit her big head?" She said in undertones, knowing that Chaiya was a queen and could probably have Chloe put to death in a hundred ways. She wondered if that would be legal, because Chloe was not a citizen of Menassa and hoped to never become one, if they had Chaiya for a queen.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates