NATION

PASSWORD

The Coalition Of Steel (PMT) (Recruiting)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:20 pm

The Seven Realms wrote:
Durmatagno wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=161925

UEF is already mobilizing and getting ready, as are they.

Well I'm defiantly committing some guys into this.The Fairy infantry will have to dust off their weapons...

They are already wary about ponies, wait a bit then ask :D
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:27 pm

III.7) Any and all WMDs owned by coalition members must be reported, in full, to the Coalition.

Crap, forgot about this, gonna take me awhile to make a full list.
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

The Seven Realms
Minister

Founded: Sep 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Seven Realms » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:28 pm

Durmatagno wrote:
The Seven Realms wrote:
Well I'm defiantly committing some guys into this.The Fairy infantry will have to dust off their weapons...

If they don't accept the fairies I'll keep them without the magic.

I like being the only guy with strange infantry...well...among other things.
The Seven Commonwealth Realms of Alestria

DEFCON: [1] 2 3 4 5|Homefront
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
PSICOM Alertness:[1] 2 3|Tier 1 Emergency
Love Dog wrote:
The UK in Exile wrote:
tank crew wearing skirts? you know the gunner sits between the commanders legs right? :oops:

That's just plain epic.

Flag is accurate
I'm an F-14
Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.38

I can be pretty authoritarian if I put my mind to it, apparently.

The Treorai
Senator

Founded: Jul 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Treorai » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:33 pm

The Seven Realms wrote:
Durmatagno wrote:

If they don't accept the fairies I'll keep them without the magic.

Umm... Not to interupt, but we've just entered a sort of Cold war with New Scorpio... I would save your forces for the war that is about to break out (if one does).
GOD-KING OF ABRASIVENESS

Dumb Ideologies wrote:It's a situation intrinsic to the committed ideologue. Whenever one makes a counter-argument the goalposts seem not only to move in two dimensions but also float several hundred thousand miles above the pitch whilst wearing cast-iron earplugs.

Rainbows and Rivers wrote:Dictators blaming America for all their problems? That's new.

Caninope wrote:If I think in my mind that the book sitting in front of me is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows when it is in fact Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised, 11th Edition, then it doesn't make me any more objectively correct.

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:36 pm

The Treorai wrote:
The Seven Realms wrote:If they don't accept the fairies I'll keep them without the magic.

Umm... Not to interupt, but we've just entered a sort of Cold war with New Scorpio... I would save your forces for the war that is about to break out (if one does).

I can't, was in the UEF since the beginning and am one of their bigger military supporters, can't quit now, but once I round up my WMD's and report them all, I may not need the army, as all my WMD's have smaller scale versions designed for bombardment.

The Seven Realms
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Seven Realms » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:40 pm

The Treorai wrote:
The Seven Realms wrote:If they don't accept the fairies I'll keep them without the magic.

Isn't that the guy that got invaded and then occupied?

What he do to warrant a cold war now?
Last edited by The Seven Realms on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
Love Dog wrote:
The UK in Exile wrote:
tank crew wearing skirts? you know the gunner sits between the commanders legs right? :oops:

That's just plain epic.

Flag is accurate
I'm an F-14

The Treorai
Senator

Founded: Jul 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Treorai » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:52 pm

The Seven Realms wrote:
The Treorai wrote:

Well, yes and no. He was occupied, but he moved to some isles or something near the Mainland.

People are getting nervous, and think he, and his new lap dog Eleutheria will attack soon. So Xan moved a fleet to a choke point on the seas near New Scorpio, and Emperica is Backing him. I'm on stand by until someone fires a shot. So basicly a cold war.
GOD-KING OF ABRASIVENESS

Dumb Ideologies wrote:It's a situation intrinsic to the committed ideologue. Whenever one makes a counter-argument the goalposts seem not only to move in two dimensions but also float several hundred thousand miles above the pitch whilst wearing cast-iron earplugs.

Rainbows and Rivers wrote:Dictators blaming America for all their problems? That's new.

Caninope wrote:If I think in my mind that the book sitting in front of me is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows when it is in fact Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised, 11th Edition, then it doesn't make me any more objectively correct.

YellowApple
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YellowApple » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:27 am

Durmatagno wrote:Theres a war brewing between the UEF and a Fascist organization, I'm in the UEF, any support here of any kind, other than yellow apple (maybe)? It was sparked because the other side was dealing in slave trade.

If we're thinking of the same thread, then I've already begun work in pointing prospective deporters to the International Population Relief Program, which is already well-established and (in my humble opinion) of far higher caliber than that knock-off of a thread.

Mallorea and Riva should resign
Member of the One True Faith and Church. Join The Church of Derpy today!

The Seven Realms
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Seven Realms » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:36 am

The Treorai wrote:
The Seven Realms wrote:

Well, yes and no. He was occupied, but he moved to some isles or something near the Mainland.

People are getting nervous, and think he, and his new lap dog Eleutheria will attack soon. So Xan moved a fleet to a choke point on the seas near New Scorpio, and Emperica is Backing him. I'm on stand by until someone fires a shot. So basicly a cold war.

I'll see what I can help with.

I'm really tired right now,so I'm going to sleep.See you all tomorrow.

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
Love Dog wrote:
The UK in Exile wrote:

That's just plain epic.

Flag is accurate
I'm an F-14

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:48 am

YellowApple wrote:
Durmatagno wrote:Theres a war brewing between the UEF and a Fascist organization, I'm in the UEF, any support here of any kind, other than yellow apple (maybe)? It was sparked because the other side was dealing in slave trade.

If we're thinking of the same thread, then I've already begun work in pointing prospective deporters to the International Population Relief Program, which is already well-established and (in my humble opinion) of far higher caliber than that knock-off of a thread.

Yeah, we are, a war has started and it's three or four versus many, anyway, my beef is with someone else right now, supporting mass murder of innocents.

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:58 am

Durmainian WMD’s: Unless yield, and thus range, is stated, it’s 25% bigger than the Little Boy.

25 Little Boy Nuclear Missiles (The ones used on Hiroshima)
45 B84 Nuclear Missiles (200 Megatons)
35 Liquid Nitrogen Bombs
25 “Armageddon” Missiles ( Virus contained within puts those infected by it into a coma, giving us 48 or so hours to administer the antidote)
5 Liquid Oxygen Bombs
1 Liquid Helium Bomb
25 “Milk” Bombs ( A Chemical that effectively removes the calcium from your bone structure, which is most of it)
1 Big Daddy (1,000 Megaton) Nuclear Missile

Yeah, got a lot of chemical weapons.

YellowApple
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YellowApple » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:18 am

Durmatagno wrote:Durmainian WMD’s: Unless yield, and thus range, is stated, it’s 25% bigger than the Little Boy.

25 Little Boy Nuclear Missiles (The ones used on Hiroshima)

"The ones used on Hiroshima" were not missiles, but freefalling bombs.

</nagging>

Mallorea and Riva should resign
Member of the One True Faith and Church. Join The Church of Derpy today!

Xanixi
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanixi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:13 am

Durmatagno wrote:Durmainian WMD’s: Unless yield, and thus range, is stated, it’s 25% bigger than the Little Boy.

25 Little Boy Nuclear Missiles (The ones used on Hiroshima) Not a missile. Maybe the warhead strapped onto a missile?
45 B84 Nuclear Missiles (200 Megatons) That's gonna end up being ineffective, for the main reason that it's too big. The Russians had to down the Tsar Bomba from 100 MT to 50 MT because they realized the immense ineffectiveness of such a high explosion
35 Liquid Nitrogen Bombs Yield?
25 “Armageddon” Missiles ( Virus contained within puts those infected by it into a coma, giving us 48 or so hours to administer the antidote) Uh, what does it do after the 48 hours? Does the guy just die? How?
5 Liquid Oxygen Bombs
1 Liquid Helium Bomb
25 “Milk” Bombs ( A Chemical that effectively removes the calcium from your bone structure, which is most of it) How the hell does it do that?
1 Big Daddy (1,000 Megaton) Nuclear Missile Omg, that would so ineffective...

Grand Imperial Republic of Thedosia | Galactic Imperial Republic [FT]
DEFCON: [4]; Double Take
| Pop.: 508,191,116 | Area: 24.670.330 km2 | Demonym: Thedosian/Republic/Imperial |
| Military: 5,482,193 | GDP: US$32,842,135,458,524.96 | Lifespan: ~650 y/o |
Dr. Carl Sagan wrote:“They say astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”
Most Astounding Fact
#AupaAtleti #ContigoHastaElFinal
American and Spanish

Super Bwitain
Minister

Founded: Apr 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Super Bwitain » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:49 am

Oh god, not another war with Scorp.

His RPing...I can't stand it!
Bill Nye is watching: The Coalition Of Steel

Syleru
Minister

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:54 am

OOC: Oh. Speaking of WMDs...

x2 Orbital Kinetic Bombardment Cannons (fire Tungsten Carbide rods at any location on Earth, mostly for defense)

- Small, only a 1 Kt yield per rod and it has 1000 rods, effectively making the total yield for one of these 1 Mt (though you are not allowed to fire all at once, only up to five)

- Has defense system to destroy weapons coming at it, can destroy about twenty missiles before the system runs out of ammunition

- Can self-destruct and launch all of it's rods if hit and damaged, which kind of makes it ironic to destroy it, as you'll cause more damage

- Is used more national defense/planetary defense in case of foreign invaders
Last edited by Syleru on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4
Tarvelia wrote:Environazis.

The only policies in my nation that I agree with are it's religious freedom and environmental sanctity policies. Do not think that I'm an anti-LGBT, dystopian repressive isolationist fascist and what have you mastermind trying to mask a greater goal under hordes of advertisements, propaganda and policing.
In short, my nation is a highly policed strict, seemingly utopian autocracy with an almost religious environmental fetish.
★ PROUD MEMBER OF THE ANTI-COMMUNISM ALLIACE
Syleruian Information Links / Syleruian Carbon Output Index (Closed for now)

Expect me to edit my posts 3-4 times after I post them, I'm picky like that.

Xanixi
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Xanixi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:57 am

Syleru wrote:OOC: Oh. Speaking of WMDs...

x2 Orbital Kinetic Bombardment Cannons (fire Tungsten Carbide rods at any location on Earth, mostly for defense)

- Small, only a 1 Mt yield per rod and it has 1000 rods, effectively making the total yield for one of these 1 Gt (though you are not allowed to fire all at once, only up to five)

- Has defense system to destroy weapons coming at it, can destroy about twenty missiles before the system runs out of ammunition

- Can self-destruct and launch all of it's rods if hit and damaged, which kind of makes it ironic to destroy it, as you'll cause more damage

Oh god!
That sounds a lot like my RoG...and Yellow nearly killed me for having it!

Mine only have a 2.5 kt yield, and each one has 12 rods...
Yellow's going to jump you...just so you know.
| Pop.: 508,191,116 | Area: 24.670.330 km2 | Demonym: Thedosian/Republic/Imperial |
Dr. Carl Sagan wrote:“They say astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”
Most Astounding Fact
American and Spanish

Super Bwitain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Super Bwitain » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:58 am

Xanixi wrote:

- Small, only a 1 Mt yield per rod and it has 1000 rods, effectively making the total yield for one of these 1 Gt (though you are not allowed to fire all at once, only up to five)

Oh god!

Indeed he will.

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:58 am

Xanixi wrote:

Oh god!

OOC: Perhaps I should reduce the rods and yield?
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

The only policies in my nation that I agree with are it's religious freedom and environmental sanctity policies. Do not think that I'm an anti-LGBT, dystopian repressive isolationist fascist and what have you mastermind trying to mask a greater goal under hordes of advertisements, propaganda and policing.
In short, my nation is a highly policed strict, seemingly utopian autocracy with an almost religious environmental fetish.

Xanixi
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Xanixi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:59 am

Super Bwitain wrote:Oh god, not another war with Scorp.

No, not a war. Supposedly, peace talks with me, that will include CoS and CA. Of course, because I simply DO NOT trust Scorp, I deployed this 116-warship fleet. And named it to mock him, like I always do :D
Most Astounding Fact
American and Spanish

Super Bwitain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Super Bwitain » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:59 am

Xanixi wrote:
Super Bwitain wrote:Oh god, not another war with Scorp.

No, not a war. Supposedly, peace talks with me, that will include CoS and CA. Of course, because I simply DO NOT trust Scorp, I deployed this 116-warship fleet. And named it to mock him, like I always do :D

Stop throwing around massive fleets, that's my job.

Xanixi
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Xanixi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:00 am

Syleru wrote:
Xanixi wrote:
Oh god!

First, you need to do research, to learn about the actual weapon in real life.
Second, you need to drop it, because it'd get dangerously close to my RoG, and I'll probably knock em down...

Super Bwitain wrote:
Xanixi wrote:

I couldn't help it!
Most Astounding Fact
American and Spanish

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:06 am

Xanixi wrote:
Syleru wrote:

Second, you need to drop it, because it'd get dangerously close to my RoG, and I'll probably knock em down...

Super Bwitain wrote:

I couldn't help it!

1. I have researched it, and if you wish, I'll reduce the yield to six rods and 3 Mt per rod, since I'm around 2040 and RoG existed in the 2020s in Endwar. Thus I'm technically anti-godmodding by having the thing slimmed down and at a later date than it most likely would of been developed.

2. Not if I knocked your RoG down first.
Last edited by Syleru on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

Altaiire
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altaiire » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:26 am

Stop fighting you two, or I'll have to shoot down your RoGs with my anti-satellite cannons. :lol:
For both IC and OoC, please refer to me as the Altarian Empire, or Altair in short form. The demonym is Altarian(s.)
National Information (old, out of date): National Factbook Military Factbook

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:09 am

Xanixi wrote:

25 Little Boy Nuclear Missiles (Same yield ones used on Hiroshima) Not a missile. Maybe the warhead strapped onto a missile?
45 B84 Nuclear Missiles (100 Megatons) That's gonna end up being ineffective, for the main reason that it's too big. The Russians had to down the Tsar Bomba from 100 MT to 50 MT because they realized the immense ineffectiveness of such a high explosion
35 Liquid Nitrogen Bombs Yield?
25 “Armageddon” Missiles ( Virus contained within puts those infected by it into a coma, giving us 48 or so hours to administer the antidote) Uh, what does it do after the 48 hours? Does the guy just die? How?
5 Liquid Oxygen Bombs
1 Liquid Helium Bomb
25 “Milk” Bombs ( A Chemical that effectively removes the calcium from your bone structure, which is most of it) How the hell does it do that?
1 Big Daddy (1,000 Megaton) Nuclear Missile Omg, that would so ineffective...

All right, time to put up my points, with the Little boys I meant same yield

Fixed the B84's

The chemical bombs, and most of them, should have been answered by this at the top of my post Unless yield, and thus range, is stated, it’s 25% bigger than the Little Boy.

Armageddon bombs, this is when people start to die of Dehydration, infection caused by the weakened immune system, and in rare cases, their body stops processing oxygen properly, and they only have a few minutes after the 48 hour mark.

The Milk Bombs use a arsenic compound that, when combined with a Buckyball, attaches to the calcium and turns it to a liquid slurry.

The Big Daddy isn't designed to hit anyone, it's a last resort High-altitude Nuclear Explosion (EMP), 1000 megatons is enough to cover most if not all of the world if it detonates at the right hight.

Xanixi
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Xanixi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:30 am

Syleru wrote:
Xanixi wrote:

I couldn't help it!

1. I have researched it, and if you wish, I'll reduce the yield to six rods and 3 Mt per rod, since I'm around 2040 and RoG existed in the 2020s in Endwar. Thus I'm technically anti-godmodding by having the thing slimmed down and at a later date than it most likely would of been developed.

2. Not if I knocked your RoG down first.

The yield can't be changed, unless you plan on making it be WAY FURTHER OUT than the RoG. The rod's yield is determined by the kinetic energy that it picks up, using it's speed, on its way towards Earth. You can't just change the yield, just like that. Plus, making them further out would cost more money than even the RoGs cost...Very expensive, indeed.

How would you go about doing that? I have SLAMS, and put a single satellite for each RoG...
ASATs would fall like flies, and an RoG shooting at another RoG couldn't be accurate... It's got an accuracy of about 5 meters. That's 15 feet...even if you shoot it at the center, it could miss.
Most Astounding Fact
American and Spanish

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates