NATION

PASSWORD

Black Dawn [OOC/Info/Interest]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Midlonia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 24, 2003
Ex-Nation

Postby Midlonia » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:16 am

T'would be nice to have something before then really. But Ho well.
The Greater Kingdom, resurgent.

A Consolidated History of Midlonia

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:35 pm

Well, to be fair, we've had more shoostings than others, Middie. Still. Moar Actions. Nao. Iz it can be RAWR tiems plz? :twisted:

Midlonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Midlonia » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:19 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Well, to be fair, we've had more shoostings than others, Middie. Still. Moar Actions. Nao. Iz it can be RAWR tiems plz? :twisted:

I just want MOAR postings. :P

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Hell, boyo - nothing keeping the rest of us from yaknow, interacting in the meantime. I'm still waiting for Yam to respond to HIS request for talks. >_<

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:23 pm

I should probably review my posts and figure out what is happening that involves me :) time to start having fun
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Melkor Unchained
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Melkor Unchained » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:10 pm

I'm not saying there won't be plenty (more) of shootsings soon, it really depends on how many nations take an active interest in the Xinguese revolt. Some governments might not care, others might. It's certainly different and more morally ambiguous than the revolt against Morgoth, it could upset nervous allies or validate hostile paranoia.
"I am the Elder King: Melkor, first and mightiest of the Valar, who was before the world, and made it. The shadow of my purpose lies upon Arda, and all that is in it bends slowly and surely to my will. But upon all whom you love my thought shall weigh as a cloud of Doom, and it shall bring them down into darkness and despair."

The Ridennamark
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ridennamark » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:20 pm

Wow, only twenty four hours after I create by Tolkienn-inspired puppet acount and look what I find.
We are not a pony nation. We are a modern day version of Rohan. One D, Two Ns

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:32 am

You might want to do some reading up on things. Several of us have been doing this for nearly 10 years now, and have a lot of background built into our rp. Not to discourage, of course - more of a heads up than anything. :)

Midlonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Midlonia » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:17 pm

Deffo not discourage, but check the tech levels and such too ;)

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:40 pm

Heak I am almost as new at this as he is!!! And you guys let me in to the club, and haven't killed me off for my youth and impudence yet.
Fact Book.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Melk was unable to post from docs being out of town and all, so I posted up what he had for him. First section co-written, not a whole lot to act on, but information on some points to keep in mind if you've got eyes on Arda and all later in the post.

Crimmond
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Crimmond » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:28 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Several of us have been doing this for nearly 10 years now

This statement makes me feel so damn old. I was here at least a month before you were.

Also, Melk... you know I'm on board with Morgoth returning and all that comes with that. I know that AMF is wanting to fire up his fantasy elements again and I want to get back into that game as well. Too many years playing things the techy route. It's boring. I want to have some fun again!
Being More Awesome Than You Since March 26, 2003.

Third Founding Lord of Gholgoth

Midlonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Midlonia » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:03 pm

Shaddup and join in then, Crimmond :P More the merrier and such! I enjoy playing both routes if I am honest. Tech and fantasy need not be mutually excluded.

Antemyst
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Antemyst » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:13 pm

Brilliant post, you two! Two questions - how long has it been since the broadcast issue as of the end of that post, and would it have affected most of the galaxy by now?

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:16 pm

another question, I don't know if I fully RPed this but, my gov't is sending out feelers about working against the virus, information sharing and such. The post seams to indicate that such actions are being turned down, or replied to or what? Thanks
Fact Book.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:47 am

I dunno about the rest of you, but I believe I've posted a willingness to work with folks. Then again, we're in the same boat as everyone else and won't have ample info until such time as is accepted by Melk there.

Who had best get his ass in gear one way or another, by damn. :P

Crimmond
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Crimmond » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:29 am

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:I dunno about the rest of you, but I believe I've posted a willingness to work with folks.

You should know by now that your legend precedes you. Plus, you call yourself 'Dread Lady'. And I remember someone claiming you had a Darth Vader voice...

You have to expect some people are going to be intimidated.
Being More Awesome Than You Since March 26, 2003.

Third Founding Lord of Gholgoth

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:49 am

Crimmond wrote:
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:I dunno about the rest of you, but I believe I've posted a willingness to work with folks.

You should know by now that your legend precedes you. Plus, you call yourself 'Dread Lady'. And I remember someone claiming you had a Darth Vader voice...

Grow a spine and get over it? >_> jk

It's all an online gig, and most folks get that. And I don't have a Darth Vader voice. It just isn't a high giggly fluffhead voice is all. In any case, the folks involved in this thread haven't seemed to suffer from this particular problem, and I was simply pointing out that should any of them want to write something between players for the thread, such as what Middy and I have been toying with, I'd be more than happy to work with 'em. No big. Speaking more as 'my country is willing to work with yours' - the rest should go without saying. ;)

Midlonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Midlonia » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:12 pm

Crimmond wrote:

Her voice regularly kills kittens and small children, and she feasts upon the blood of the Kim family.

Good Lord Crimmond where do you hear this nonsense? I've certainly enjoyed RPing with nathi on this and elswhere all year now. Folks are too scared of the mods for good reason and feel they have to walk around on tip-toes even when RPing. It's riduclous!

Antemyst
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Antemyst » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:17 pm

I would love to work with anyone, partly because collaborating is fun! and partly because the character Crystalline needs more exercise. So if anyone is on Machiavelli or can find a reason to pair up with a fairly unknown island empire, please do.

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:what Middy and I have been toying with

This frightens me. xD

And psh Mid, even I'm old enough to have RPed with Nathi pre-modding. So har. :P
Last edited by Antemyst on Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antemyst | Crystalline Fosterman | Xaymaca
“If you can't do it, we will.” -Frenadrix

Midlonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Midlonia » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:05 pm

Antemyst wrote:I would love to work with anyone, partly because collaborating is fun! and partly because the character Crystalline needs more exercise. So if anyone is on Machiavelli or can find a reason to pair up with a fairly unknown island empire, please do.

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:what Middy and I have been toying with

This frightens me. xD

Nothing too scary. :P

Just a post! Honest.

Antemyst
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Antemyst » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:07 pm

Uh-huh. It's what's IN that post that concerns me. :P
Antemyst | Crystalline Fosterman | Xaymaca
“If you can't do it, we will.” -Frenadrix

Steel Butterfly
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Steel Butterfly » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:31 pm

Crimmond wrote:This statement makes me feel so damn old. I was here at least a month before you were.

I have you by two weeks, son 8)
Founded: March 12th, 2003

Melkor Unchained
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Open Season!

Postby Melkor Unchained » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:25 am

Okay, okay. This is taking way too long, sorry about that. I got hung up on a couple plot details (3-6 weeks) and then Christmas happened, so I've had a lot less time to myself lately as I work in shipping. Volume falls off almost immediately after Christmas, so I should have some time during the day this week. Hopefully I can get this thread going somewhere, if there's still interest.

So here's the deal for the next round of postings: I'm skipping ahead two IC days, to give various and sundry governments time to respond to the attack. Governments contacting Arda to request an in-person meeting will receive a boilerplate response to the effect that they will receive foreign dignitaries/investigators at a forthcoming summit, which I'll date in the next couple of posts. I'm thinking the Five Kingdoms government will set a date a few weeks, maybe a month out.

As mentioned previously, governments will manage to get ahold of portions of the code used in the attack. Some will continue to have detrimental effects, and some are decoys. The precise nature and source of the attack is to remain unknown. Players who appear certain of Morgoth's involvement will be asked to edit their posts, or may even have them removed.

Anyone is free to RP a character in Xingu, whether a native or a foreign agent/observer. On paper, Arda's borders are closed, but it's not that hard to get into Xingu: recordkeeping can be sloppy and corruption is rampant. The only thing that might be a problem for foreign agents is blending in, as Xinguese look Asiatic and 90+% of the non-military population there is native. Anyone who doesn't appear Asian and speak Xinguese would do well to learn some Dunnish or Rhunic, as the logical thing to do would be to try and pass as a native of one of those kingdoms.

Most of the Ardan reaction will be happening in Far Harad for the next couple of days. Satellites will show troops being mobilized in and around Iqbal, as the Far Haradi King (Daud Ni'Staani) prepares the Southron Guard for interdiction. Rioting in Xingu will start pretty much right off the bat, and Ardan government buildings and personnel will face the wrath of angry mobs.
"I am the Elder King: Melkor, first and mightiest of the Valar, who was before the world, and made it. The shadow of my purpose lies upon Arda, and all that is in it bends slowly and surely to my will. But upon all whom you love my thought shall weigh as a cloud of Doom, and it shall bring them down into darkness and despair."

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:05 pm

Right I need to make another post, however I'm a bit unsure of how long has passed since the initial broadcast. So how long has it been, I feel like its been somewhere around 24 hours but I'm not sure. If somebody could help me out that would be great!
Fact Book.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates