NATION

PASSWORD

Black Dawn [OOC/Info/Interest]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ruffnekia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruffnekia » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:08 pm

Melkor Unchained wrote:
Ruffnekia wrote:
ive read it twice but i dont get what the concept of the story is supposed to be and what its about

It relies pretty heavily on stuff that happened a long time ago, but in a nutshell Black Dawn represents the opening rumblings of what will ultimately be a sol-engulfing war against an exiled baddie.

playing as nations or people? and why are you blue??

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:52 pm

.... Both? Given nations are made up of people? And his name is in blue because he's a game moderator on the site. Just as mine is red because I'm a forum moderator. We are allowed to play as well, you know.

Ruffnekia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruffnekia » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:04 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:.... Both? Given nations are made up of people? And his name is in blue because he's a game moderator on the site. Just as mine is red because I'm a forum moderator. We are allowed to play as well, you know.

i mean is it played by 1 charicter or the player nation

i knew you all played i just didnt know what blue was for

Midlonia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 24, 2003
Ex-Nation

Postby Midlonia » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:07 pm

Ruffnekia wrote:
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:.... Both? Given nations are made up of people? And his name is in blue because he's a game moderator on the site. Just as mine is red because I'm a forum moderator. We are allowed to play as well, you know.

i mean is it played by 1 charicter or the player nation

i knew you all played i just didnt know what blue was for

The answer is still "both".
The Greater Kingdom, resurgent.

A Consolidated History of Midlonia

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:08 pm

I still don't get what you mean. We each play a nation. We each have various characters within that nation that we use to write about. Some of the posts, we have done collectively - as in two or more of us have written them together - co-authored. I don't know how much clearer I can make it than that.

Ruffnekia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruffnekia » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:11 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:I still don't get what you mean. We each play a nation. We each have various characters within that nation that we use to write about. Some of the posts, we have done collectively - as in two or more of us have written them together - co-authored. I don't know how much clearer I can make it than that.

i meant solely as 1 person only or as different people from the nation you are?

Midlonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Midlonia » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:21 pm

Ruffnekia wrote:
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:I still don't get what you mean. We each play a nation. We each have various characters within that nation that we use to write about. Some of the posts, we have done collectively - as in two or more of us have written them together - co-authored. I don't know how much clearer I can make it than that.

i meant solely as 1 person only or as different people from the nation you are?

If you had actually read the thread "Twice" as you so claim, you can see the clear and obvious format for each involved post, namely the way they revolve around a single "named" character at the top of the post as made by Nathi, Melkor and latterly myself. Other characters are involved, and each come from various nations. People have as many characters as they want and need and use them accordingly.

Where there is overlap, as in the last two posts, three players have collectively written and posted them.

I'm honestly and genuinely trying to decide if you're actually asking, or verging on the side of trolling considering how clear and obvious it is if you actually sit down and read what has been so far written in the thread.

Antemyst
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Antemyst » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:41 pm

tbh, I'm betting on "troll."

Melk and Nathi, thanks so much for the well-wishes - I'm much better now. *hugs Nathi*

edit- HOLY SH!T NATHI HAS A PONY :o
Last edited by Antemyst on Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Antemyst | Crystalline Fosterman | Xaymaca
“If you can't do it, we will.” -Frenadrix

Midlonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Midlonia » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:14 am

Antemyst wrote:tbh, I'm betting on "troll."

Melk and Nathi, thanks so much for the well-wishes - I'm much better now. *hugs Nathi*

edit- HOLY SH!T NATHI HAS A PONY :o

Don't worry, we have the holy water and shotgun with rock salt ammunition in it to drive it off.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:16 pm

*hugs Antemyst* Glad you're doing better - hospitalization is scary sheesh to deal with. As for the other ...

There is nothing to see here. Move along.

(It won't be up long anyway, it is purely for fun and giggles and has had the desired effect of freaking some people out which has amused me to no end.)

Now to hope Melk can get his thoughts together and move things along. I'm kind of anxious to get more interaction going on here with everyone.

Antemyst
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Antemyst » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:03 pm

I definitely didn't screencap the pony. Not at all.

Posted entering Machiavelli, Nathi; let me know if I screwed up royally, otherwise I'll roll with whatever your reaction is.

Melkor Unchained
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Melkor Unchained » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:00 am

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:*hugs Antemyst* Glad you're doing better - hospitalization is scary sheesh to deal with. As for the other ...

There is nothing to see here. Move along.

(It won't be up long anyway, it is purely for fun and giggles and has had the desired effect of freaking some people out which has amused me to no end.)

Now to hope Melk can get his thoughts together and move things along. I'm kind of anxious to get more interaction going on here with everyone.

I'm working on a couple scenes. We need to check in with the fleets and we're going to meet a couple of the royal daughters soon.

Currently, the tenth fleet (the one we'll more than likely see in my next post) is about the most distant of Arda's assets, so involving players way out in space may rely on contact with them. Once FTL communications functionality is restored, I imagine they'll start to become a contact point for some of you. Currently, Arda and the Dominion are running tandem patrols so contact with either or both of us is possible through those fleets.

Right now we're still kind of setting the stage: it won't be until Xingu is in outright rebellion that most foreign powers are likely to intervene directly, and that won't happen in a matter of IC hours. Once I reach a certain point in the story we'll skip ahead a little bit to where things over there start to get hot(ter). Morgy will sit on his hands for now, hoping to maximize the unrest and spread it to other nations. I can't tell you for sure yet when he will show up, but it won't be until the second half of the thread/volume.

Also, even though it's not going to happen right away, I want players to be aware that Machiavelli station is going to be among Morgy's first targets. Nathi, I'll get with you on IRC about that closer to the time, but eventually I'm going to want to have Morgy attack it and I don't want it to wipe out all the PCs that might be living or working there. Players should be thinking about (and their governments would have these anyway) what they might do should the station come under attack.

EDIT: also, regarding virus fragments: All will lay dormant for now and (partly due to the completely alien format of the programming language) be able to resist attempts to activate them from without. I want some to have undetected components still lingering in our respective systems, as Morgy intends to use these programs to manipulate events in the coming days/weeks. But for now (and very possibly until Morgy shows up in force, or we see him using the same tools, etc) the nature of the attack is intended to be mostly a mystery for all and sundry. What little of the virus is recovered won't do much to explain how the perpetrators could have done what they did with Sol's entire media and communications networks precisely at a desired instant. Various factions will develop their own theories, as we'll see.

Anyway, good stuff so far.
Last edited by Melkor Unchained on Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I am the Elder King: Melkor, first and mightiest of the Valar, who was before the world, and made it. The shadow of my purpose lies upon Arda, and all that is in it bends slowly and surely to my will. But upon all whom you love my thought shall weigh as a cloud of Doom, and it shall bring them down into darkness and despair."

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:13 am

So... Last Hayesalians are still jetting around space. Any ideas for them?

Melkor Unchained
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Melkor Unchained » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:17 am

New Hayesalia wrote:So... Last Hayesalians are still jetting around space. Any ideas for them?

Yeah, I got something. I'll TG you in a minute.
"I am the Elder King: Melkor, first and mightiest of the Valar, who was before the world, and made it. The shadow of my purpose lies upon Arda, and all that is in it bends slowly and surely to my will. But upon all whom you love my thought shall weigh as a cloud of Doom, and it shall bring them down into darkness and despair."

Antemyst
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Antemyst » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:33 am

Awesome stuff Melk, you addressed a lot of things I didn't know I should be asking. I was hoping Machiavelli would be involved. Also, could I chat with y'all on IRC sometime?

Melkor Unchained
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Melkor Unchained » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:45 am

Antemyst wrote:Awesome stuff Melk, you addressed a lot of things I didn't know I should be asking. I was hoping Machiavelli would be involved. Also, could I chat with y'all on IRC sometime?

Sure, I should be around most of the time.

Midlonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Midlonia » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:41 am

Melkor Unchained wrote:
Antemyst wrote:Awesome stuff Melk, you addressed a lot of things I didn't know I should be asking. I was hoping Machiavelli would be involved. Also, could I chat with y'all on IRC sometime?

Sure, I should be around most of the time.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahaaaaaaa.

Is jokes, right? :p

Kalessin
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalessin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Dragontag.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:21 am

Le gasp, le shock ... wb Kal. ;) Think you can prod Melk into activity?

Antemyst
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Antemyst » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:24 am

*gives Melk super-muse-energy-muffins*

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:01 pm

So are we going to try and keep this up? Or is this thread going to die? Just wondering, because I'm getting a little confused on the matter.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Midlonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Midlonia » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:36 am

Melkor and Nathi are currently working on a joint post, however this time of year is usually fairly busy for both of them. The post is still being worked on but a little more intermittently than previously. Just chill, and wait. It's what I did and wound up writing a whole post to show it's not quite dead. :P

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:37 am

This time is my fault for having a life outside of NS and it being somewhat overwhelmed with work-related complications etc. >_> I gotta get Melk some info, and will be working on it and other bits at lunch. I hope. So long as lunch doesn't get overwhelmed again with work stuff. Argh.

Melkor Unchained
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Melkor Unchained » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:16 am

Sorry, yeah, I've been busy as hell with work lately and before that I kind of got hung up on how to proceed from here. There are a few things that have happened (chief among them being the confrontation between Nadia and Naiya) that required some changes of which I was unsure.

Anyway, I've got 2 scenes coming up by this weekend. I'm going to (appropriately, ironically) skip forward a bit so it's easier for people to become more involved. Right now we're still only a few IC hours after the shooting, so it's hard for people to get their foot in the door. I will be managing (IC...) time carefully, so when deployments and fleets start getting thrown around I need people to pay close attention to what's going on and what day it is. I've settled on 21 OCT as the date for the shooting, as Morgy will want an Ardan ramp-up to coincide with winter. The events that lead to his emergence will take some time to unfold; he's not going to play his whole hand at once--I'm only saying this so people aren't disappointed when Morgy isn't raining death by the time we're waist deep in a Xinguese revolt.
Last edited by Melkor Unchained on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:19 am

What? No splodey killdeath yet? Heresy! :P

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates