NATION

PASSWORD

The Fall of Gods Book 1, Chapter 2: OOC Thread (CLOSED)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Warhaven
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 20, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warhaven » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:12 pm

I am not sorry. I cannot comply with the request to leave Angels and demons vague and mysterious. They are essential to my plans.

Earth Sphere Coalition
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Sphere Coalition » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Proposal
Wait on Jedi8246 for Act 2
Aye:Agadar
Nay: ESC

Proposal
Leave Supernatural Creatures Vague
Aye:Jedi8246, Agadar
Nay: ESC (Screw it, it's already done)
Official Council Member and Russian BAMF of Fall of Gods RP
Jacob Alexander King, Archon of the Earth Sphere Coalition and Overlord of Western Quootar
Earth Sphere Coalition Factbook
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 5

Agadar
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:14 pm

Warhaven wrote:I am not sorry. I cannot comply with the request to leave Angels and demons vague and mysterious. They are essential to my plans.

Essential or not, we're a democratic council.

EDIT: I find your reasoning rather vague, ESC.
Last edited by Agadar on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud resident of The Western Isles, the #1 role-playing region!
Developer of Telegrammer, NS API Java Wrapper, and more!

Jedi8246
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi8246 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:15 pm

Proposal

Proposal
Nay: ESC, War

So the supernatural creature thing depends on Kariag and Alby's votes.
Last edited by Jedi8246 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Official Member of the Fall of Gods RP Council
Conservative Morality wrote:When you call Bieber feminine, you insult all women.

Agadar wrote:Next thing you know, God turns out to be some weird green space monster with tentacles and a monocle.

Khadgar wrote:Oddly enough, a lot of people who are plotting to harm other people aren't really interested in legal niceties.
Rank #87 in World Cup
Factbook
Jedi8246 is a far-right social libertarian. He is also a non-interventionist and somewhat culturally conservative. Jedi8246's scores (from 0 to 10):
Economic issues: +9.53 right
Social issues: -7.91 libertarian
Foreign policy: -7.32 non-interventionist
Cultural identification: +0.92 conservative

LoL island
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby LoL island » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:17 pm

Earth Sphere Coalition wrote:
LoL island wrote:
sorry, i have a sort of knee jerk reaction when it comes to that religion, for reasons i'd rather not go into. I apologize if i insulted you Jedi.

I know how you feel. Trust me, being an Atheist makes people instantly think you're a crazy baby eating heathen, which isn't true. While I get shit on a lot by religious people I tend to just let it slide and respect their beliefs because they are entitled to it and it shows how bigoted some can be. Now if you don't mind, I have to go eat dinner. We're having Baby Back Ribs, from real babies! The meat is so tender :p

i know how you feel, being a polytheist makes the more crazy people a little edgy.

now i need to go too, i need to drink a pint and a half of virgin blood whilst wearing the scalp of a recently butchered pig to apiece my sadomasochistic god
LOLISM WILL NEVER VANISH!
Intelligence & Reason over Fear & Fervor
Resident Bullshit Detector, Idea Factory, and Unoffical Council Member as well as the Unofficial Announcer Guy of FoG
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God
I BEAT THE 10 HOUR CHALLENGE! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Is good sex, comfortable shoes, and a warm place to go to the bathroom too much to ask for?
Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.77

Earth Sphere Coalition
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Sphere Coalition » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:17 pm

Jedi8246 wrote:Proposal

Proposal

If you've noticed, we've been moving more and more into the Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Religious genre as time went on. It was only a matter of time since we introduced souls and shit like that. :ugeek:
Jacob Alexander King, Archon of the Earth Sphere Coalition and Overlord of Western Quootar

LoL island
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby LoL island » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:21 pm

Proposal

If you've noticed, we've been moving more and more into the Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Religious genre as time went on. It was only a matter of time since we introduced souls and shit like that. :ugeek:

speaking of souls... i was going to actually ask the council something similar a while back XD
Resident Bullshit Detector, Idea Factory, and Unoffical Council Member as well as the Unofficial Announcer Guy of FoG
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God
Is good sex, comfortable shoes, and a warm place to go to the bathroom too much to ask for?

Agadar
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:23 pm

Proposal

The confirmation of the existance of souls and what they roughly are in FOG isn't even close to the implications of the confirmation of the existance of the abrahamic angels and demons and roughly what they are.

Next thing you know, God turns out to be some weird green space monster with tentacles and a monocle.

Jedi8246
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi8246 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Agadar wrote:Next thing you know, God turns out to be some weird green space monster with tentacles and a monocle.

Sigg'd. :clap:
Conservative Morality wrote:When you call Bieber feminine, you insult all women.

Khadgar wrote:Oddly enough, a lot of people who are plotting to harm other people aren't really interested in legal niceties.
Rank #87 in World Cup
Factbook
Jedi8246 is a far-right social libertarian. He is also a non-interventionist and somewhat culturally conservative. Jedi8246's scores (from 0 to 10):

LoL island
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby LoL island » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:28 pm

Agadar wrote:
Earth Sphere Coalition wrote:If you've noticed, we've been moving more and more into the Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Religious genre as time went on. It was only a matter of time since we introduced souls and shit like that. :ugeek:

Next thing you know, God turns out to be some weird green space monster with tentacles and a monocle.

?

Earth Sphere Coalition
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Sphere Coalition » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Agadar wrote:
Earth Sphere Coalition wrote:If you've noticed, we've been moving more and more into the Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Religious genre as time went on. It was only a matter of time since we introduced souls and shit like that. :ugeek:

The confirmation of the existance of souls and what they roughly are in FOG isn't even close to the implications of the confirmation of the existance of the abrahamic angels and demons and roughly what they are.

Not Green and doesn't have a monocle, but...

Earth Sphere Coalition
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Sphere Coalition » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:29 pm

LoL island wrote:
Agadar wrote:

?

I love how we had the same idea...
Last edited by Earth Sphere Coalition on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Agadar
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Simply fascinating how a single silly quote can completely derail an entire discussion. Gotta love the internet.

Earth Sphere Coalition
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Sphere Coalition » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:33 pm

Agadar wrote:Simply fascinating how a single silly quote can completely derail an entire discussion. Gotta love the internet.

Not our fault that what you said described the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

LoL island
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby LoL island » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:34 pm

LoL island wrote:
?

I love how we had the same idea...

wait i got something better

gotta love futurama

Agadar
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:35 pm

Agadar wrote:Simply fascinating how a single silly quote can completely derail an entire discussion. Gotta love the internet.

Not our fault that what you said described the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Though weird and in the possession of tentacles, His Noodly Appendage is not green, nor wears a monocle.

Earth Sphere Coalition
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Sphere Coalition » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:36 pm

LoL island wrote:
Earth Sphere Coalition wrote:I love how we had the same idea...

wait i got something better

gotta love futurama

:palm:
Does he worship the FSM?

@Agadar: He lost the bloody monocle

EDIT: Is this better? How about this? Or maybe this.
Last edited by Earth Sphere Coalition on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Warhaven
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warhaven » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:39 pm

You've forgotten, I've already explained God away. He doesn't exist, he's a lie, a facade, a sham. The Collective made the entire religion up as a control mechanisim.

LoL island
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby LoL island » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:40 pm

Agadar wrote:
Earth Sphere Coalition wrote:Not our fault that what you said described the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Though weird and in the possession of tentacles, His Noodly Appendage is not green, nor wears a monocle.

hows this?

Jedi8246
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi8246 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:43 pm

Warhaven wrote:You've forgotten, I've already explained God away. He doesn't exist, he's a lie, a facade, a sham. The Collective made the entire religion up as a control mechanisim.

Hmm, that is still open for debate.

Rank #87 in World Cup
Factbook

Earth Sphere Coalition
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Sphere Coalition » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Jedi8246 wrote:
Warhaven wrote:You've forgotten, I've already explained God away. He doesn't exist, he's a lie, a facade, a sham. The Collective made the entire religion up as a control mechanisim.

Hmm, that is still open for debate.

I thought we did explain it away...

Agadar
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:46 pm

That's what the Collective thinks, which is not necessarily the truth.

Let me just add to this that if Karaig votes for your versions of angels and demons being the abrahamic ones, I'll accept it, though under protest. But the moment you try and define God and its existance, then I'm just simply out of here, because then he roleplay completely loses any mysteriousness it had.

Warhaven
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warhaven » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:52 pm

I never said I would try to define God. I said what I have about God, and that's where I've left it.

Agadar
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Warhaven wrote:I never said I would try to define God. I said what I have about God, and that's where I've left it.

The part of your post which I quoted made it appear as if you had already made a definitive decision on the matter.

Anyway, I'm off to sleep now.

Earth Sphere Coalition
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Sphere Coalition » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:56 pm

Can we not...oh I don't know...put this RP in jeopardy over a stupid thing such as God?!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates