NATION

PASSWORD

A Zone of Excursion [Signups / OOC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Ruskarkand
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

A Zone of Excursion [Signups / OOC]

Postby Ruskarkand » Sun May 15, 2011 2:30 pm

A Zone of Excursion [Signup Thread]

This is the way it is with the Zone: if you come back with swag - it's a miracle; if you come back alive - it's a success; if the patrol bullets miss you - it's a stroke of luck. And as for anything else - that's fate.

-Roadside Picnic by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky

Thread Index-
IC thread.

Welcome to the Zone, fellow S.T.A.L.K.E.R, By coming to this thread, you have expressed an interest to sign up to the RP that will take place in the Zone of Ruskarkand, otherwise known as the Zone of Excursion.
This thread will serve as a sign up thread for the subject, and serves as a carry-on thread from the past thread which is now locked.
However, this one will be going alot further, and delve into an RP from multiple perspectives in this struggle for survival.

First however, signups are mandatory, you may do so here, Entry Techs are be MT/PMT/FT/FanT (If you are picking FanT, make it a damn good App.)
However, there are some simple terms that I hope you can agree to abide by.

Terms and Conditions.
*-You, as the reader, understand that the author of this thread has full rights to the thread, and can take action where they decide action needs to be taken, (for example, removing players when necessary, voiding RP when necessary)

*-You, as the reader, are willing to accept the death of a character should events call for it, but also understanding that the RP'er may re-apply another character with automatic rights to be accepted.

*-You, as the reader, understand that everyone OOC is another person too, they have feelings and can make their own decisions, respect others as they would respect you, please.

*-You, as the reader, understand that Ruskarkand will play any NPC or narrate any event, acting as the 'Dungeon Master' if you could see it that way.

*-You, as the reader, can apply for any weapon or suit whilst entering the zone, however, we strongly URGE YOU to think SMALL, otherwise your weapon/suit may be denied and you will be given standard items, when I say think SMALL, I quite literally mean SMALL.

Signup Format:
Code: Select all
[u][b]IC[/b][/u]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Nickname (If applicable):[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Medical Conditions (If applicable):[/b]
[b]Species/Race:[/b]
[b]Picture (If applicable):[/b]
[b]Brief Description:[/b]
[b]Things Taking (Personal):[/b]
[b]Things Taking (Equipment):[/b]

[b][u]OOC[/u][/b]

[b]Nation name:[/b]
[b]Nations Tech Level:[/b]
[b]I have read and accept the Terms and Conditions.[/b]

Notes to take:
All IC entry will be through the Military checkpoint to the South of the Zone.
The Checkpoint will be open, to prevent any early deaths.
Arrival to the checkpoint is not required to be RP'd, arrival to the Rookie camp however, is.
You can find a map of the zone here, you will enter at the Rookie camp.

So, that's it, Good Hunting Stalker.
OOC is permitted in this thread, but keep it at a reasonable level please.

Big note:
An IRC channel is up, follow this here guide, made by Goldsaver to access it.

Goldsaver wrote:IRC; go here:
http://www.esper.net/publicirc.php
Type in #ZoneOfExcursion
(the # should already be entered for you)
Click enter
Type in the Screenname you wish to use
and BOOM, you're in the channel.
Last edited by Ruskarkand on Thu May 26, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
- Scottish resident of the United Kingdom.
- Appreciator of Dragons and Draconic things.
- Minor FanT. FT.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

-IUSA
Envoy

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -IUSA » Sun May 15, 2011 2:59 pm

IC

Name:John Brimstone
Nickname (If applicable):Karma
Height:6'6
Weight:243lbs
Medical Conditions (If applicable):none
Species/Race:American (Humanus 2.0)
Picture (If applicable):
Bad image

In clothes

Face over all
one in the middle
Brief Description:Was born in new York before the Infection, when he was a senior in High school, the outbreak started, he is currently a gym coach and is active in Parkour. He is in the Zone to just pass the time, explore, and see what is in the place, he likes a good chill.
Things Taking (Personal):his hoodie, his pants, his ball (don't ask)
Things Taking (Equipment):9mm and his own body (a lethal weapon it is.)

OOC

Nation name:The United (Infected) States of America
Nations Tech Level:MT-PMT
I have read and accept the Terms and Conditions.yes, I did
I am back to using my nation, time to get back to business.

Yuktova
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuktova » Sun May 15, 2011 4:40 pm

Your name: Nathanial Reinko
Your age: 32
Your Gender Male
Your Species/Ethinicty: Human, Born in America but has Russian parents
Personality (Do NOT cut down on this part, this is key!): Strong willed yet kind, is generous, makes the occasional joke, cares about other's even his enemies. Does not remember his past for some reason. He will save anyone who is in trouble, and sacrific his own life for the greater good. He will defend himself if needed.He also has Amnesia, although this is long term. he has some memory of the zone, however.
Are you taking any equipment with you? US Combat Knife, M1911A1 has three magazines of ammunition for his gun although, he customized his weapon's so that they can accept any ammo type.
What about money?: Has some money, although, he hates any type of currency because he thinks it creates greed. Lives off the land.
Any personal stuff?: Wrist-mounted GPS Device, has cellphone, although, it is broken and can only store photos. Has a military grade flashlight.
Now, what is your greatest wish?: For the Zone of Excursion to be restored to it's former state (before the disaster), and for anyone who died in the Zone to be back to the land of the living.
Photo (If applicable, please link.): http://www.thegeekgeneration.com/wp-con ... -Drake.jpg
Do you like to wander? Nathanial Reinko does some travling although, until he is ready, he stays in one place.
Do you have a reason to come to the zone? He does not know why he came to the Zone, he remembers that something was taken from him that he misses though. He thought that maybe, he will find it in this land.
I'm Morrissey... Nice to meet you.
Goldsaver said: This is murder, not a romantic date!

The Kangaroo Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kangaroo Republic » Sun May 15, 2011 10:18 pm

IC

Name: Juri Wudar Aezannger
Nickname (If applicable): (OOC: Whatever the hell any of the other RPers can think of.)
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 72 kg
Medical Conditions (If applicable): -
Species/Race: Sapient Eastern Grey Kangaroo
Picture (If applicable):

Brief Description:
He is a nice person, polite to most people he meets and he always maintains his composure. To some, he may appear as distant, often daydreaming, disconnected from reality. His dreamy personality causes many people to think that his views on the world are unrealistic, stuck in fantasy, stuck in his own little place where there are no bad things, where he can live in total ignorance. But he is all too aware of how shitty reality may be.

The death of his friend Pjoter Ruzakvax Kaezarazwud, who died in a car crash when Juri was 18, left him seriously emotionally traumatized as he was fiercely loyal to his friend and he would do anything to protect him, but his strong will gave him the strength to carry on. He may find it hard to trust other people, but his loyalty to those he does trust is undeniably great, perhaps so great that he would stubbornly follow them into any situation, no matter what the danger.

He isn't extremely bright, he got moderate grades for physics and chemistry classes but he excelled in history class and philosophy class. He is very skilled at reading the emotions off a person's face and can often interpret a person's thought process well by calmly observing his or her actions.

He is not a great fighter but he has learned some self-defense techniques from his friend, and he managed to become somewhat used to using a firearm when he became 21 as he would occasionally practice firing his pistol at a firing range. Although he is by no means an expert at using guns.

He has a very strong will and will not give up on anything easily. If he fails, he will continue to push further, keep on trying untill he succeeds while constantly searching for new solutions to attack a problem from more than one side.

He regards himself as a modern buddhist much like most of the people of the FKR and he is openly homosexual, although he has never had any romantic feelings for anyone yet.
Things Taking (Personal):
Some pants of course (just pants, shirts aren't very useful for macropodines), some cigarettes, a lighter and a book to get his mind off things.
Things Taking (Equipment):
A Walther P99, a Combat Knife, a Swiss Army Knife and a Flashlight

OOC

Nation name: The Kangaroo Republic
Nations Tech Level: MT
I have read and accept the Terms and Conditions. Yes, which means I haven't actually read them because nobody does...I kid, I am gonna read it... Alright, now I actually read them, and I accept them.
Last edited by The Kangaroo Republic on Sun May 15, 2011 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sub Astra --- Australes Unum
they/them or he/him pronouns please
Version 3 of the Kangaroo Republic started on 9 March, 2014

>>Go to factbook<<

Other names for the Kangaroo Republic: The Federation, FKR, The Federal Kangaroo Republic
Demonym: Macropodine, Kangan
NS resident kangaroo furry and therian.
Demsoc, Pro BLM, Pro Antifa
Big ol' non-binary duder

Ruskarkand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskarkand » Mon May 16, 2011 12:18 am

-IUSA wrote:-IUSA's APP

When the IC thread is up, you are free to post.

Revise your application, there is a new application format, you are still free to use your app'd character from the other thread though.

The Kangaroo Republic wrote:TKR's APP

Once the IC thread is up, you are free to post.
- Minor FanT. FT.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Ruskarkand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskarkand » Mon May 16, 2011 11:20 am

Announcement

The preparations and planning for the IC thead are currently nearing a conclusion, after that, I will be fabricating the OP of the OOC and IC thread.
Once they are done, I will be opening the thread.

If you happen to be reading this whilst you have not applied, I reccommend you do so, for this will bring about a new atmosfear to RP.
Because that's the way it is with the zone, you do not know what awaits you, so ask yourself; is it best to check?
- Minor FanT. FT.

Goldsaver
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldsaver » Mon May 16, 2011 11:33 am

IC

Name: Akira Solom
Nickname (If applicable): The Libertator
Height: 5'8
Weight: 150
Medical Conditions (If applicable): N/A
Species/Race: Japanese Human
Picture (If applicable): N/A
Brief Description:Akira Solom is an extremely honorable and aggressive man. Born in the mining village of Barta to a Japanese family, he is from the Republic's proud and hardy mining groups. He served honorably as an officer in the Republic's Army, leading a heroic charge against the Imperialist Barbarians. After his service with the army, he joined up with the Rangers, a special forces group dedicated to freeing slaves across the world. He participated in many raids, gaining skills, honor, and compassion for the people he was freeing along the way. Solom grew to love his job; the honor, the glory, and the good feeling from freeing the slaves.

Akira is well known for being persuasive, being able to talk a coward into holding his ground, as a officer in the Republic Army, rallying the troops was an important thing to be able to do. Over his time in the Rangers, he has been able to talk down even the most zealous foe. He is very polite, even to people he is about to kill. Solom treats his foes with honor, and strictly follows the Republic's honor code.

Solom is an absolutely dedicated man, never backing down from a fight, and most likely running right into it. Tactically speaking, he is very aggressive but not stupidly so; he knows when it's time to hide in cover, but when he sees an opportunity to strike, he pushes on it as hard as possible. He is very intelligent, but trusts his instincts. He prefers to get into melee combat when possible, but will fight ranged if it gives him the advantage. His great experience means he is an expert sharp shooter, needing to be careful not to accidentally hit captured slaves, and an expert in both sword and bayonet combat, however he prefers to fight with his family's katana and wakizashi pair.

Solom is also a loyal member of the Republic of Goldsaver, having a love for freedom and democracy in his heart. He considers all men and women to be equal, and holds no kind of prejudices. If he is threatened, however, he is very quick to engage in combat.
Things Taking (Personal): Daisho [katana/wakizashi pair]
Things Taking (Equipment): Gas-mask w/ built in Infrared googles
9mm Pistol
OOC

Nation name: The Social Democratic Republic of Goldsaver
Nations Tech Level: MT
I have read and accept the Terms and Conditions. Yep.
Last edited by Goldsaver on Mon May 16, 2011 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Free Federation of the Golden Lands
Free Federation Q&A
Liberal Democracy; Militaristic; Federation; Feminist
"None Shall be Held in Chains"
"All May Find Shelter Behind Our Walls"
"No Evil Shall Survive Our Wrath"

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Mon May 16, 2011 11:49 am

IC

Name: Carl Warner
Nickname (If applicable): Snagtooth
Height: 7"6
Weight: 1.5 tons
Medical Conditions (If applicable): N/A
Species/Race: Ceratosaurus
Picture (If applicable): Link
Brief Description: Tall, muscular, with a brown-colored back, a cyan front, and a thin crimson line dividing the two on his skin, light blue eyes, has several jagged teeth at various places in his mouth, hence the nickname.

A gruff veteran of the Saurisian Army, Carl was a once joyful Reptile. Years of war and the death of his beloved mate Joyce has left him a cynical, bad-tempered, and anti-social being. He lives to fight, not for glory, or for medals, or for what he felt was right, but because he found conflict a way to soothe his soul and ease his mental pain.
Things Taking (Personal): Blue long-sleeved shirt, blue jeans, brown belt, picture of his late mate, digital watch, pack of cigarettes, matches
Things Taking (Equipment): Old FN SCAR-H, M91 blaster pistol, binoculars, flashlight

OOC

Nation name: Saurisisia
Nations Tech Level: FT
I have read and accept the Terms and Conditions. Of course
Last edited by Saurisisia on Mon May 16, 2011 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Ruskarkand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskarkand » Mon May 16, 2011 12:24 pm

Goldsaver wrote:Goldsaver's APP.

Feel free to post when the IC thread is up.

Saurisisia wrote:Saurisia's APP.

However, I am a tad bit awry on the SCAR-H rifle, but it's fine.
Once the IC thread is up, feel free to post.
- Minor FanT. FT.

Mesarian
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mesarian » Mon May 16, 2011 12:30 pm

IC

Name: Jason Straton
Nickname (If applicable): Ozone
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 71 Kg
Medical Conditions (If applicable): None
Species/Race: Human, Caucassion
Picture (If applicable): Image

Brief Description: Born in the Capital City of Orias, he joined the Mesarian Military at the age of 16 and served for 5 years in the Army Core but left after his Company was ambushed while on a routine peacekeeping mission, the entire Company was all but annihalated leaving just Jason and 5 other Soldiers alive - Jason has never mentally been the same since becoming a major pecimist and highly unsociable.
However his time in the Army did gain him some much required, Military, Tactical and Survival Training - Being Mesarian he believes in full equality between all races and genders.

Due to his loss, Jason is Fiercly Loyal to his Squadmates and is willing to die to protect anyone in need - probably his biggest downfall.
Jason is Agile and highly intelligent but is very weak physcially meaning if he loses his Combat Knife in Hand-to-Hand combat then he will be an easy target.
Things Taking (Personal): Military Combat Uniform, Urban Cammo (Combat Fatigues *Trousers*, Black Boots, Fingerless Gloves and a Long Sleeved Shirt) A digital Watch and a picture of his old Army Company
Things Taking (Equipment): Combat Knife, Swiss Army Knife, EP-17 Pistol and a TAC/HUD Eyepatch (As seen in the picture)
NOTE: If the TAC/HUD is not allowed then swap that with a pair of Nightvision Goggles

OOC

Nation name: The Armed Republic of Mesarian
Nations Tech Level: PMT
I have read and accept the Terms and Conditions. Yes
Last edited by Mesarian on Mon May 16, 2011 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mesarian Factbook
Embassy Program
Slovitrean Arms Store Front - They helped design and now distribute our M1000 Sniper
3rd ever Mesarian Election!
Hayaba wrote:
Blademasters765 wrote:*puts guns to head, pulls trigger, falls to ground*

I simply have fond memories of the Manchurian Republic.

Dewhurst-Narculis wrote:
Mesarian wrote:Yeah but i have the feeling that in Hayaba's mind we are all his slaves... and he can RP properly... which obviously means he's mentally ill and needs help

He is beyond help and I'm not his sex slave, I know your all thinking it!

Ruskarkand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskarkand » Mon May 16, 2011 12:57 pm

Mesarian wrote:Mesarian's APP.

Permitting the TAC/HUD, there are similar things in the Zone, so there is no reason not to deny it.
Once the IC is open, you are free to post.

Work is now being started on the OP of the IC and OOC thread.
- Minor FanT. FT.

Legital
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Mon May 16, 2011 1:07 pm

IC

Name: Ten Fel
Nickname (If applicable): Doc
Height: 6"2"
Weight: 253 lbs
Medical Conditions (If applicable): None
Species/Race: Rim, White, native of Legital
Picture (If applicable): Image
Brief Description: Ten Fel graduated from the Citadel, the most prestigious military academy in Legital. He joined the medical corps and over time made it to Honorary Medic , the highest rank for a Field Medic. He is polite, trustworthy, and very intelligent; he wants the best for everyone. But he suffers from a slight case of paranoia, thus, making it hard for him to trust other people.
Things Taking (Personal): None
Things Taking (Equipment): Standard Scout Trooper armor (pictured above) that contains infrared vision and a HUD. In his armor pouches he has his survival and medical gear. He keeps a standard DT-57 pistol, but on this journey he is also bringing his E-11 sniper.

OOC

Nation name: Legital, the only nation of the planet Finisnihil.
Nations Tech Level: FT (Star Wars)
I have read and accept the Terms and Conditions. I accept the terms and conditions.
Last edited by Legital on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."- Carl Sagan
"The Emperor Protects."
Male, Agnostic, Transhumanist, Independent (USA, politics)

Ruskarkand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskarkand » Mon May 16, 2011 1:47 pm

Legital wrote:Legital's APP.

Accepted, however, I am not happy with the E-11 Sniper Rifle or the Armour, the pistol I am fine with.
I am going to have to decline the E-11 Sniper Rifle and Armour, (If you read the T&A, you would understand), instead, I would find that you either go with the standard non-prestigous Tulsky Oruzheyny Zavod-66 Double barrel and a Leather Jacket (Which serve as rookie standard).
As I stated in the T&C, I didn't want anything short of something small (AKA, a pistol.) and basic.
If you wish, you can withdraw your app if you think you really need the sniper and armour, but then again, there are other benefits and rewards it can bring about, that's why I chose them as standard for starting kits.
- Minor FanT. FT.

-IUSA
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -IUSA » Mon May 16, 2011 1:50 pm

So, how will you start your part?

Ruskarkand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskarkand » Mon May 16, 2011 1:52 pm

Already have started my part.
IC thread is here.

You will find I have made my starting post underneath the small intro to the IC thread.
The part with the Dragoon.
- Minor FanT. FT.

-IUSA
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -IUSA » Mon May 16, 2011 2:06 pm

No I mean how would me person get involved when I make my first post?

The Kangaroo Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kangaroo Republic » Mon May 16, 2011 2:07 pm

-IUSA wrote:No I mean how would me person get involved when I make my first post?

Well, I just posted an RP, you can use that as a guideline, I guess.

>>Go to factbook<<

Other names for the Kangaroo Republic: The Federation, FKR, The Federal Kangaroo Republic
Big ol' non-binary duder

Ruskarkand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskarkand » Mon May 16, 2011 2:13 pm

-IUSA wrote:No I mean how would me person get involved when I make my first post?

RP your arrival first, in any way you deem fitting really, then it goes onto interaction.
- Minor FanT. FT.

Mesarian
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mesarian » Mon May 16, 2011 2:18 pm

Ruskarkand wrote:

RP your arrival first, in any way you deem fitting really, then it goes onto interaction.

I've decided to go for a simple drive down into the Camp via an old troop transport which hastily retreats after dropping Jason off - it allows for a bit more of a story telling experience and its quicker to get into the Zone then walking.

Mesarian Factbook
Embassy Program
Slovitrean Arms Store Front - They helped design and now distribute our M1000 Sniper
Hayaba wrote:

Dewhurst-Narculis wrote:
Mesarian wrote:Yeah but i have the feeling that in Hayaba's mind we are all his slaves... and he can RP properly... which obviously means he's mentally ill and needs help

Ruskarkand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskarkand » Mon May 16, 2011 2:25 pm

Mesarian wrote:
Ruskarkand wrote:

I've decided to go for a simple drive down into the Camp via an old troop transport which hastily retreats after dropping Jason off - it allows for a bit more of a story telling experience and its quicker to get into the Zone then walking.

That's fine, feel free.
- Minor FanT. FT.

Mesarian
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mesarian » Mon May 16, 2011 2:31 pm

Ruskarkand wrote:
Mesarian wrote:

That's fine, feel free.

Thanks, first post up, i'll be able to do another post and then that's it until tomorrow i have school in the morning (its half 10 over here in England)

EDIT: Screw it make that a couple more posts, i like this RP already
Last edited by Mesarian on Mon May 16, 2011 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mesarian Factbook
Embassy Program
Hayaba wrote:

Dewhurst-Narculis wrote:

-IUSA
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -IUSA » Mon May 16, 2011 2:55 pm

I have to leave somewhere, see you when i return, lets just say i disappeared and made it to the rookie camp.

Ruskarkand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskarkand » Mon May 16, 2011 3:01 pm

-IUSA wrote:I have to leave somewhere, see you when i return, lets just say i disappeared and made it to the rookie camp.

Alright, noted.
- Minor FanT. FT.

Goldsaver
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldsaver » Mon May 16, 2011 3:02 pm

Well, the current sightings are quite confusing for me; I am having trouble figuring out who is sighting who.
The only one I really know is that I spotted the Dragoon and his dog, but couldn't make either out in that distance, and am assuming Brimstone spotted me, correct?
The Free Federation of the Golden Lands
Free Federation Q&A
Liberal Democracy; Militaristic; Federation; Feminist
"None Shall be Held in Chains"
"All May Find Shelter Behind Our Walls"
"No Evil Shall Survive Our Wrath"

The Kangaroo Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kangaroo Republic » Mon May 16, 2011 3:04 pm

Goldsaver wrote:Well, the current sightings are quite confusing for me; I am having trouble figuring out who is sighting who.
The only one I really know is that I spotted the Dragoon and his dog, but couldn't make either out in that distance, and am assuming Brimstone spotted me, correct?

Oh wait, I thought you were referring to me and John when your character said he noticed two characters, one being humanoid and the other being clearly an animal.

>>Go to factbook<<

Big ol' non-binary duder

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates