NATION

PASSWORD

International Freedom Coalition (SignUp2/OOC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kogashi
Secretary

Founded: Jul 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kogashi » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:08 am

International Freedom Coalition
Admissions Department,
500 Zavra Avenue,
International Freedom Coalition Headquarters,
Musrum, Bratislav

IFC Admissions Application

National Information
Formal Nation Name: The Empire of Kogashi
Shortened Nation Name: Kogashi
Demonym: Kogashi
Capital city: Okano
National Population (RP): 142,678,000
Form of Government: Constitutional monarchy
Is your Government by the people?: Yes, exercised through elected representatives
How do you describe the political atmosphere of your state?: Center-right
Head of State: Emperor Koga Naritaka
Head of Government: President Yamagata Akio
Economic System: Capitalist
Currency: The Kogashi yen
Exchange Rate to NSD: 1¥ = 0.08 NSD
Major Exports: Motor vehicles; iron and steel products; auto parts; plastic materials; manufactured goods
Major Imports: Agricultural products; raw materials (iron, rubber); semiconductors
Language: English, Japanese
Very Brief History of your nation: Kogashi, in its current form, was founded in 1920 with the Kogashi Constitution, which established the state as a constitutional monarchy. Before this document was instituted (by referendum), the Empire existed under an absolute, albeit very populist, monarchy. The history of Kogashi goes back almost 10,000 years, to the first Emperor from the Koga family: Koga Shiro. It operated under feudalism for millennia until encountering the outside world in 1860, after which it began a swift modernization of Kogashi society.
Map: None

Political and Civil Rights and Freedoms
Does your nation have
Freedom of thought: Yes
Freedom of belief (religion): Yes
Freedom of expression: Yes
Freedom of the media: Yes, limited in regard to the Imperial family
Freedom of peaceful assembly: Yes
Freedom of association: Yes
Freedom of movement: Yes
Freedom from unreasonable search and seizure: Yes
Freedom from arbitrary detention or imprisonment: Yes
Freedom from slavery: Yes
Right to life, liberty and security of the individual: Yes
Right to vote: Yes
Right to a fair trial, legal council, and a guarantee of habeas corpus: Yes
Right to not be subject to cruel or unusual punishment: Yes
Rights of equality: Yes

Foreign Relations and Military Statistics
What other military alliances are you a part of?: None
What other non-military organizations are you a part of? Capitalist League
Foreign Policy: Believes in free trade, spreading democracy and intervention for matters of human rights and crimes against humanity
Number of active military personnel (RP): 685,080 males; 153,789 females
Number of reserve military personnel (RP): 977,543 reserve personnel
Nuclear Arsenal (if any): 35 nuclear deterrent sites
Name of Military: The Kogashi Armed Forces
Branches of Military: Army, Navy, Air Force
RP example:
Quickly moving along the shore, the squad was spread out from the water to the tree line. The commander, a young man straight out of the IOA, suddenly raised his arm, signaling a stop. The line of soldiers halted its advance.

“Commander Mori,” the sergeant said, “It’s not safe to stop here, the squad’s exposed. We should keep moving.”

Mori merely scanned the tree line to his left. He could’ve sworn there had been movement. Seeing nothing now but palm leaves swaying in the breeze, he nodded to the sergeant and signaled to continue the advance.

The troops began to move forward once again, making it ten feet before Mori raised his arm and halted. There were audible groans.

“I swear I saw something that time,” Mori said to the sergeant. He pointed towards the woods.

“Probably an animal,” the enlisted man replied, peering into the foliage. “These outlying islands are full of life, untouched by civilization. I’ve heard reports of everything from tigers to giant lizards.”

“Send two men to scout ahead through the trees.”

“Understood commander,” the sergeant replied. Turning to his men he whispered, “Watanabe, Hita! Advance and clear the tree line.”

Two young marines, clearly not happy to have been selected for the assignment, grudgingly nestled their AY144L assault rifles into their shoulders before moving quickly to the beginning of the forest. They stepped carefully through the dense undergrowth before disappearing into the mess of vines and hanging moss.

The rest of the soldiers waited now, glancing between each other and the trees. It was taking too long for the all clear. The sergeant was beginning to suspect that perhaps the commander had been right when Hita stumbled out of the bush.

“Hita,” the sergeant began, “Is everything all clear? Where’s Watana…” Suddenly, Hita fell to the ground, a bamboo shard protruding from his back.

“EVERYONE, COMBAT POSITIONS!” the sergeant yelled, momentarily taking over for the stunned commander. “Form a firing line towards the trees, prepare for…” He stopped talking.

From the trees, there was a growing sound. A roar, mixed with the shattering of vegetation under human feet. The cry grew louder and louder, and soon the sergeant could see movement behind the trees. Hundreds of forms rushing towards them.

“OPEN FIRE!” the commander shouted. At his command, the soldiers began emptying their magazines into the dense jungle. The screaming mass of human forms grew nearer and nearer, undeterred by the wall of lead. The first man to leap from the forest, a dark skinned islander with a skirt of grass leaves and a headdress of feathers, gave an unearthly cry and let towards the Kogashi soldiers’ line. He was cut down before his spear could do any damage.

Behind that first man, though, came more and more. The islanders fell like a wave upon the marines, launching bamboo spears and arrows towards their line. In return, the soldiers continued to fire. 50 cal rounds screamed through the native warriors’ flesh, ripping them apart, but failing to stop the massive charge. Soon, the islanders were close enough for their spears to be effective, and the marines were forced to begin a brutal melee.

Bayonets and rifle butts, while effective weapons, lacked the range of the native bamboo spears, and soldiers fell quickly. Commander Mori drew his pistol and began firing point blank into the naked forms that approached him. Even after a spear pierced his calf, he fell to one knee and continued to shoot wildly. The sergeant turned to aid him, hearing the gunfire stop, only to see a spear cast through the commander’s throat.

‘No,’ the sergeant thought, watching his comrades slaughtered around him. Man after man fell as hollow spears whistled. It was almost a mercy when the sergeant felt a point pierce his back, and his vision went dark.

Delegate to the IFC Council Information
Name: Yamata Keiji
Biography: Born into the Yamata family, a wealthy zaibatsu clan of bankers, Keiji was given all of the luxuries expected by the Kogashi upper class. He had private tutelage, acceptance to the National University and a plum military commission upon graduation. In the military, though, it soon became apparent that the Yamata family name would not be sufficient to earn him the respect of his men. Although still very green, Keiji was deployed to the island of Kattan, an outlying island populated by hostile natives. As a military man, it was expected that he would pacify these natives through force of arms. Instead, Keiji revealed an intrinsic skill with diplomacy, pacifying the natives through earning their good will. After creating peace on the small island, Keiji was moved to the State Diplomacy Office, where he served for five years.
Education: Masters Degree in International Relations
Reason for your nation desiring to join the IFC: To help safeguard our own freedom through a network of likeminded allies.
Do you hereby agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth by the IFC's Charter?: Yes
Signature: ______Yamata Keiji_______
Date:_____7/31/2015_______

**IFCAPP**
Last edited by Kogashi on Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Krjder
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Krjder » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:14 am

Kogashi wrote:
International Freedom Coalition
Admissions Department,
500 Zavra Avenue,
International Freedom Coalition Headquarters,
Musrum, Bratislav

IFC Admissions Application

National Information
Formal Nation Name: The Empire of Kogashi
Shortened Nation Name: Kogashi
Demonym: Kogashi
Capital city: Okano
National Population (RP): 142,678,000
Form of Government: Constitutional monarchy
Is your Government by the people?: Yes, exercised through elected representatives
How do you describe the political atmosphere of your state?: Center-right
Head of State: Emperor Koga Naritaka
Head of Government: President Yamagata Akio
Economic System: Capitalist
Currency: The Kogashi yen
Exchange Rate to NSD: 1¥ = 0.08 NSD
Major Exports: Motor vehicles; iron and steel products; auto parts; plastic materials; manufactured goods
Major Imports: Agricultural products; raw materials (iron, rubber); semiconductors
Language: English, Japanese
Very Brief History of your nation: Kogashi, in its current form, was founded in 1920 with the Kogashi Constitution, which established the state as a constitutional monarchy. Before this document was instituted (by referendum), the Empire existed under an absolute, albeit very populist, monarchy. The history of Kogashi goes back almost 10,000 years, to the first Emperor from the Koga family: Koga Shiro. It operated under feudalism for millennia until encountering the outside world in 1860, after which it began a swift modernization of Kogashi society.
Map: None

Political and Civil Rights and Freedoms
Does your nation have
Freedom of thought: Yes
Freedom of belief (religion): Yes
Freedom of expression: Yes
Freedom of the media: Yes, limited in regard to the Imperial family
Freedom of peaceful assembly: Yes
Freedom of association: Yes
Freedom of movement: Yes
Freedom from unreasonable search and seizure: Yes
Freedom from arbitrary detention or imprisonment: Yes
Freedom from slavery: Yes
Right to life, liberty and security of the individual: Yes
Right to vote: Yes
Right to a fair trial, legal council, and a guarantee of habeas corpus: Yes
Right to not be subject to cruel or unusual punishment: Yes
Rights of equality: Yes

Foreign Relations and Military Statistics
What other military alliances are you a part of?: None
What other non-military organizations are you a part of? Capitalist League
Foreign Policy: Believes in free trade, spreading democracy and intervention for matters of human rights and crimes against humanity
Number of active military personnel (RP): 685,080 males; 153,789 females
Number of reserve military personnel (RP): 977,543 reserve personnel
Nuclear Arsenal (if any): 35 nuclear deterrent sites
Name of Military: The Kogashi Armed Forces
Branches of Military: Army, Navy, Air Force
RP example:
Quickly moving along the shore, the squad was spread out from the water to the tree line. The commander, a young man straight out of the IOA, suddenly raised his arm, signaling a stop. The line of soldiers halted its advance.

“Commander Mori,” the sergeant said, “It’s not safe to stop here, the squad’s exposed. We should keep moving.”

Mori merely scanned the tree line to his left. He could’ve sworn there had been movement. Seeing nothing now but palm leaves swaying in the breeze, he nodded to the sergeant and signaled to continue the advance.

The troops began to move forward once again, making it ten feet before Mori raised his arm and halted. There were audible groans.

“I swear I saw something that time,” Mori said to the sergeant. He pointed towards the woods.

“Probably an animal,” the enlisted man replied, peering into the foliage. “These outlying islands are full of life, untouched by civilization. I’ve heard reports of everything from tigers to giant lizards.”

“Send two men to scout ahead through the trees.”

“Understood commander,” the sergeant replied. Turning to his men he whispered, “Watanabe, Hita! Advance and clear the tree line.”

Two young marines, clearly not happy to have been selected for the assignment, grudgingly nestled their AY144L assault rifles into their shoulders before moving quickly to the beginning of the forest. They stepped carefully through the dense undergrowth before disappearing into the mess of vines and hanging moss.

The rest of the soldiers waited now, glancing between each other and the trees. It was taking too long for the all clear. The sergeant was beginning to suspect that perhaps the commander had been right when Hita stumbled out of the bush.

“Hita,” the sergeant began, “Is everything all clear? Where’s Watana…” Suddenly, Hita fell to the ground, a bamboo shard protruding from his back.

“EVERYONE, COMBAT POSITIONS!” the sergeant yelled, momentarily taking over for the stunned commander. “Form a firing line towards the trees, prepare for…” He stopped talking.

From the trees, there was a growing sound. A roar, mixed with the shattering of vegetation under human feet. The cry grew louder and louder, and soon the sergeant could see movement behind the trees. Hundreds of forms rushing towards them.

“OPEN FIRE!” the commander shouted. At his command, the soldiers began emptying their magazines into the dense jungle. The screaming mass of human forms grew nearer and nearer, undeterred by the wall of lead. The first man to leap from the forest, a dark skinned islander with a skirt of grass leaves and a headdress of feathers, gave an unearthly cry and let towards the Kogashi soldiers’ line. He was cut down before his spear could do any damage.

Behind that first man, though, came more and more. The islanders fell like a wave upon the marines, launching bamboo spears and arrows towards their line. In return, the soldiers continued to fire. 50 cal rounds screamed through the native warriors’ flesh, ripping them apart, but failing to stop the massive charge. Soon, the islanders were close enough for their spears to be effective, and the marines were forced to begin a brutal melee.

Bayonets and rifle butts, while effective weapons, lacked the range of the native bamboo spears, and soldiers fell quickly. Commander Mori drew his pistol and began firing point blank into the naked forms that approached him. Even after a spear pierced his calf, he fell to one knee and continued to shoot wildly. The sergeant turned to aid him, hearing the gunfire stop, only to see a spear cast through the commander’s throat.

‘No,’ the sergeant thought, watching his comrades slaughtered around him. Man after man fell as hollow spears whistled. It was almost a mercy when the sergeant felt a point pierce his back, and his vision went dark.

Delegate to the IFC Council Information
Name: Yamata Keiji
Biography: Born into the Yamata family, a wealthy zaibatsu clan of bankers, Keiji was given all of the luxuries expected by the Kogashi upper class. He had private tutelage, acceptance to the National University and a plum military commission upon graduation. In the military, though, it soon became apparent that the Yamata family name would not be sufficient to earn him the respect of his men. Although still very green, Keiji was deployed to the island of Kattan, an outlying island populated by hostile natives. As a military man, it was expected that he would pacify these natives through force of arms. Instead, Keiji revealed an intrinsic skill with diplomacy, pacifying the natives through earning their good will. After creating peace on the small island, Keiji was moved to the State Diplomacy Office, where he served for five years.
Education: Masters Degree in International Relations
Reason for your nation desiring to join the IFC: To help safeguard our own freedom through a network of likeminded allies.
Do you hereby agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth by the IFC's Charter?: Yes
Signature: ______Yamata Keiji_______
Date:_____7/31/2015_______

**IFCAPP**

Not my call, but looks good.
Be polite, write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness.
-Otto Von Bismarck
Embassy App

Nation Type: Direct Democratic Federal Monarchy
Capital: Aastejk
Population: 480,670,500
Current Leadership:
-Emperor Anton IV
-Realm Chancellor Atsūjiri Gyēzashiri
Military:
-1,560,000 Active
-4,750,000 Reserves
Dutch teen, Roman Catholic, socially conservative, economically libertarian. Enjoys; hunting, classical & march music, history and debating.

Torrumbarry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Torrumbarry » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:15 pm

Right, I'm on a plane to Oz, so I won't be around for a while. Just before I set off, as Treasurer/Finance Minister could I request that member nations start considering donating to the IFC's Treasury?

Thank you!
BUSY IRL - UNABLE TO POST

President: Rt. Hon. Lance Hemingway
Chancellor of the Exchequer: Rt. Hon. Abigail Thorpe
Constitutional King: His Eminence Edmund VII of House Adelaide
Population: RENOVATING-HARD HAT ZONE

New Carloso
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:30 pm

Torrumbarry wrote:Right, I'm on a plane to Oz, so I won't be around for a while. Just before I set off, as Treasurer/Finance Minister could I request that member nations start considering donating to the IFC's Treasury?

Thank you!

Oz? :blink:

I want whatever drug you're on.
THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:54 pm

New Carloso wrote:
Torrumbarry wrote:Right, I'm on a plane to Oz, so I won't be around for a while. Just before I set off, as Treasurer/Finance Minister could I request that member nations start considering donating to the IFC's Treasury?

Thank you!

Oz? :blink:

I want whatever drug you're on.

He's on Flako.

Aigeantir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aigeantir » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:07 pm

The Lendol Archipelago wrote:
Aigeantir wrote:Hey, I only gave a general location, nothing more ;) .... and yeah, bodies would be more fun than fill layers on top of each other :P

That's worse. Now I have to look for them. Can't you just give me a map? Y'know, X marks the spot.

Hey, I find the treasures, I don't bury 'em! What do I look like, a pirate?! Wait... there's an idea... RP treasure hunt! :P

Thank you!

Ahh yes... I remember back when I used to make shameless requests for donations for the IFC Treasury... those were the good old days... of like, 2 weeks, before jumping into the PM Elections. ;)

Flardania wrote:
New Aeyariss wrote:
Actually it would make sense for Sodomu kaihō sensen (how I renamed them) to attack in Flardania since it's government supports LGBT rights. By such, they would attempt to force the Flardanian government into pressuring political changes in Nihon.

So the government is giving me more rights so the best idea is to piss them off by resorting to terrorism.....seems legit ;)

Hmmm... I'd also be a great taarget... except that I really don't know if I have time to set it up ahead of time (I'm kinda behind on crowning a new High Monarch), this could be a way for me to "re-adjust" my current cast of characters. :P
Leader: High King Conchobar II, IFC Representative: Hon. Carroll Caomh

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:13 pm

Aigeantir wrote:
The Lendol Archipelago wrote:That's worse. Now I have to look for them. Can't you just give me a map? Y'know, X marks the spot.

Hey, I find the treasures, I don't bury 'em! What do I look like, a pirate?! Wait... there's an idea... RP treasure hunt! :P

Thank you!

Ahh yes... I remember back when I used to make shameless requests for donations for the IFC Treasury... those were the good old days... of like, 2 weeks, before jumping into the PM Elections. ;)

Flardania wrote:So the government is giving me more rights so the best idea is to piss them off by resorting to terrorism.....seems legit ;)

Hmmm... I'd also be a great taarget... except that I really don't know if I have time to set it up ahead of time (I'm kinda behind on crowning a new High Monarch), this could be a way for me to "re-adjust" my current cast of characters. :P

Well if CP 9 wanted to increase centrist viewpoints......
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:27 pm

You've probably heard of Inyursta legalising cocaine exports to foreign countries (he has singled out developed/western countries): http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=349296

What is the IFC's view on this? Do they support it?

I think this is a direct attack against the citizens of other nations. Inyursta is basically legalising illegal smuggling of prohibited drugs into countries, where they cause much crime and physical/emotional/mental harm (such as death) as well as tearing apart families, damaging the health systems and putting people in prison.

Just wondering. :)
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:47 pm

Aigeantir wrote:
The Lendol Archipelago wrote:That's worse. Now I have to look for them. Can't you just give me a map? Y'know, X marks the spot.

Aah, too many RPs!
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

New Carloso
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:19 am

Ardoki wrote:You've probably heard of Inyursta legalising cocaine exports to foreign countries (he has singled out developed/western countries): http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=349296

I think this is a direct attack against the citizens of other nations. Inyursta is basically legalising illegal smuggling of prohibited drugs into countries, where they cause much crime and physical/emotional/mental harm (such as death) as well as tearing apart families, damaging the health systems and putting people in prison.

Just wondering. :)

Well, there is nothing inherently wrong about it besides the obvious implications on people who take the substance. Its more of an 'ultra liberal' move, which I don't care about much as it has no affect on Carloso.

Either way, you'll be first to be targeted with drugs I'd imagine. ;)
Last edited by New Carloso on Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:29 am

Ardoki wrote:You've probably heard of Inyursta legalising cocaine exports to foreign countries (he has singled out developed/western countries): http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=349296

Absolutely fine. Most drugs should be regulated not criminalized, otherwise you turn large portions of the population into criminals and make people used to breaking the law and getting away with it, provide an easy source of finance to criminal gangs and the black market, loose tax revenues, leave consumers to suffer extortionate and damaging prices, and waste valuable resources trying to enforce the unenforceable. Besides with regulation you can control consumption patterns a bit and keep it more reasonable.

*Alerts Ausitorian suppliers*.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:38 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:

Absolutely fine. Most drugs should be regulated not criminalized, otherwise you turn large portions of the population into criminals and make people used to breaking the law and getting away with it, provide an easy source of finance to criminal gangs and the black market, loose tax revenues, leave consumers to suffer extortionate and damaging prices, and waste valuable resources trying to enforce the unenforceable. Besides with regulation you can control consumption patterns a bit and keep it more reasonable.

*Alerts Ausitorian suppliers*.

In Ardoki, it is not a criminal offence to have illegal drugs for personal use, though there are fines and rehabilitation.

The production and trade of illegal drugs however, is a criminal offence.

What I want to know is, will Inyursta prohibit the export of this drug to nations where it is illegal?

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:57 am

Why should they? Can't nations decide what they permit out of their borders just as they decide what they permit in?
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:31 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Why should they? Can't nations decide what they permit out of their borders just as they decide what they permit in?

Well if they ever try to smuggle it into Ardoki, we'll give them a little gift back (such as Ebloa or a bombing).

We are not a terrorist state, we would just be retaliating against an Inyurstan attack on our citizens.

Krjder
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Krjder » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:35 am

Ardoki wrote:
Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Why should they? Can't nations decide what they permit out of their borders just as they decide what they permit in?

Well if they ever try to smuggle it into Ardoki, we'll give them a little gift back (such as Ebloa or a bombing).

We are not a terrorist state, we would just be retaliating against an Inyurstan attack on our citizens.

You would bomb Inyursta? And in turn bring most of SACTO crashing onto you, not to mention a large chunk of the IFC..
Be polite, write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness.
-Otto Von Bismarck
Embassy App

Nation Type: Direct Democratic Federal Monarchy
Capital: Aastejk
Population: 480,670,500
Current Leadership:
-Emperor Anton IV
-Realm Chancellor Atsūjiri Gyēzashiri
Military:
-1,560,000 Active
-4,750,000 Reserves
Dutch teen, Roman Catholic, socially conservative, economically libertarian. Enjoys; hunting, classical & march music, history and debating.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:14 am

Krjder wrote:
Ardoki wrote:Well if they ever try to smuggle it into Ardoki, we'll give them a little gift back (such as Ebloa or a bombing).

You would bomb Inyursta? And in turn bring most of SACTO crashing onto you, not to mention a large chunk of the IFC..

It wouldn't be done by the state. We are not a rouge state.

Perhaps some terrorists in Inyursta, would come across some funding and equipment from an anonymous donor? Inyursta shouldn't attack our citizens if he doesn't want his attacked back.

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:21 am

Ardoki wrote:
Krjder wrote:

Perhaps some terrorists in Inyursta, would come across some funding and equipment from an anonymous donor? Inyursta shouldn't attack our citizens if he doesn't want his attacked back.

your nation is so fucking edgy I cut my eyes reading its doctrine.

you are a rogue state. No nation who's ideology flips harder than a 10 pound hamburger would even be halfway relevant on international affairs. You would be the classic definition of a rogue state.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:37 am

Ardoki wrote:
Krjder wrote:

And nothing would stop your nation from, say, stopping these 'transports' of drugs from crossing into your nation. The fact, though, is that even anonymous donors can be tracked if you spend enough time to figure out how money is transferred. Which if he wants, he can trace the money back to whoever sent it from your nation and then declare that either that individual is sent to his nation to face his accused for whatever crimes they figure, or he invades your nation as deems the funds being sent to the 'terrorists', or whatever you want to call them, a de-facto Declaration of War against his nation.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

New Aeyariss
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Aeyariss » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:47 am

Emm....

You are aware that IYF is only exporting to nations that have legal drug trade?

Also as a note, IYF will be back in 4 days, he is on a trip now.
Last edited by New Aeyariss on Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rping in MT (2023) and PT/FanT (1564)

Inyourfaceistan wrote:You didn't know that Cusc is actually a 4-armed cyborg genius commander and skillful warrior created in secret by a cabal of rich capitalist financiers built to lead and army of drones and other renegades against and overbearing socialist regime?
Psalms 144:1 wrote:Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Also known as El Cuscatlan, Jesus will offer you eternal life if you believe in him!

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:01 am

The whole drug situation is bad for me. I have this Heratoian Drug Cartel called the Devil's Sabres, who is extremely dangerous and operates in northern Eglasour. They are responsible for about 89% of illegal substances being smuggled into Ontorisa and are extremely violent. My relations with IYF, as friendly as they could be, have just been strained.

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:25 am

Ontorisa wrote:The whole drug situation is bad for me. I have this Heratoian Drug Cartel called the Devil's Sabres, who is extremely dangerous and operates in northern Eglasour. They are responsible for about 89% of illegal substances being smuggled into Ontorisa and are extremely violent. My relations with IYF, as friendly as they could be, have just been strained.

Kirishima is making sure to monitor the Jade Dragon Syndicate before jumping to conclusions
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

New Aeyariss
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Aeyariss » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:26 am

I have to remind you that IYF is exporting drugs ONLY to nations where it is legal, like Netherlands for example.
Rping in MT (2023) and PT/FanT (1564)

Inyourfaceistan wrote:You didn't know that Cusc is actually a 4-armed cyborg genius commander and skillful warrior created in secret by a cabal of rich capitalist financiers built to lead and army of drones and other renegades against and overbearing socialist regime?
Psalms 144:1 wrote:Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Also known as El Cuscatlan, Jesus will offer you eternal life if you believe in him!

Aigeantir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aigeantir » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:33 am

Ardoki wrote:
Krjder wrote:

Not a "rouge" state, huh? I beg to differ! Your flag has quite a bit of red in it. I'd say your at least a "scarlet" state :P

But in all seriousness, Krjder has it right. A terrorist attack against a country because it's openly exporting drugs wouldn't be a good way to curb the problem... right now, I'm considering ICly playing out negotiations on his drug trade (If I had the time), but in all honesty, my nation does allow for the sale of marijuana for medicinal purposes, and legally it can be grown for medicinal purposes by private suppliers, but harder drugs are still illegal. It sort of goes with that alcohol, tobacco, prostitution package, where all of it will continue to exist, so why fight it? It's much easier to allow some degree of legality, and instead of fighting it, set up laws that would provide some levels of protection for users or by-standers (no smoking in public places, laws to protect prostitutes, alcohol-serving licenses).... Of course this is all my IC nation's outlook on it, not my personal outlook :)

New Aeyariss wrote:Emm....

You are aware that IYF is only exporting to nations that have legal drug trade?

Also as a note, IYF will be back in 4 days, he is on a trip now.

Good reason to, at this point, "not give a damn"... my nation is too busy to "think of the children" and be pushy about curbing drug habits right now :P

Flardania wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:The whole drug situation is bad for me. I have this Heratoian Drug Cartel called the Devil's Sabres, who is extremely dangerous and operates in northern Eglasour. They are responsible for about 89% of illegal substances being smuggled into Ontorisa and are extremely violent. My relations with IYF, as friendly as they could be, have just been strained.

Kirishima is making sure to monitor the Jade Dragon Syndicate before jumping to conclusions

Hmm... I should probably consider what my criminal underground looks like, as that's relatively not hashed out right now. Based on my NS Stats, "crime is virtually non-existent", but I doubt anyone would let me have that one! ;)

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:35 am

Flardania wrote:

Joint OP on the two?

Aigeantir wrote:
Flardania wrote:Kirishima is making sure to monitor the Jade Dragon Syndicate before jumping to conclusions

Hmm... I should probably consider what my criminal underground looks like, as that's relatively not hashed out right now. Based on my NS Stats, "crime is virtually non-existent", but I doubt anyone would let me have that one! ;)

Wee Woo Wee Woo

You hear that? That's the bullshit siren :P

Aigeantir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aigeantir » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:40 am

Ontorisa wrote:
Flardania wrote:Kirishima is making sure to monitor the Jade Dragon Syndicate before jumping to conclusions

Joint OP on the two?

Aigeantir wrote:

Wee Woo Wee Woo

You hear that? That's the bullshit siren :P

But I haz teh best society of all tim! Evry 1 iz free to haz gud tim & no 1 wants hrd drugs or guns, or to kill ppl! My country is best country! :P

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates