NATION

PASSWORD

International Congress of Nations (I.C.O.N)-CLOSED-

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Elemental North
Senator

Founded: Aug 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:44 pm

Valdiu wrote:
Elemental North wrote:Guys, I want you to rate me on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, 1 being the worst, on how you think I've been doing as Executive President.

Thank you. And be honest, I won't get offended. :)

10. Quite honestly, you've done everything perfectly-a great OP, everything's so fancy (VALARAN YOU BETTER NOT), very strict in that motherly, loving kind of way.

Thank you. That's very sweet of you to say. :)
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Valdiu
Minister

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valdiu » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:03 pm

OFFICIAL COMMUNIQUE FROM THE PRESIDENT OF THE INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF NATIONS
9:52 PM, Sept. 1, 2014

As I'm sure you're all aware, recently, the Free Kingdom of Allanea declared war on ICoN member the Federal Toaster State ofRoski. It was written within the first International Union, and is a central tenet of any alliance, that should any member of ICoN be attacked, will be met with immediate and decisive defense or retaliation by ICoN as a whole, and an act of war should be met with such a reaction.

However, given that Allanea has laid forth terms which may bring any Roski-Allanea hostilities to a close, the International Congress of Nations has elected not to send military aid at this time. However, it should be noted at this time that the International Congress of Nations and all of its members STAND WITH THE FEDERAL TOASTER STATE OF ROSKI.

~Mitchell Thromright, Valdian Delegate to and President of the International Congress of Nations

Last edited by Valdiu on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
| [0] | [1] | [2] | [3] | [4] | [5] | [6] | [7] |
[Mobilization Underway]
Population: 32,263,671
Military size: ~350,000, T3R: 2.7/1
The Republic of Valdiu
16-year old and social democrat
Jazz trombonist, cynic and student journalist
I enjoy CS:GO.
I hate the idea that someone out there hates me. I even hate that Al-Qaeda hates me. I think if they got to know me they wouldn’t hate me.

President Alexander Sterling | Vice President Aaron Victoria | Director of Foreign Affairs Mitchell Thromright

-
Currently Playing | Mr. Rogers 2020

District XIV
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:26 pm

Conkerials
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Conkerials » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:25 pm

I am currently drafting a bill concerning free movement between the countries in the ICON. Somewhat like an EU style Schengen Area system. Anyone willing to help draft and co-sponsor?
I'm just me
Compass
Economic Left
/Right: -7.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.69

Valdiu
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Valdiu » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:31 pm

Conkerials wrote:I am currently drafting a bill concerning free movement between the countries in the ICON. Somewhat like an EU style Schengen Area system. Anyone willing to help draft and co-sponsor?

Sure, I'm down for that.
[Mobilization Underway]
The Republic of Valdiu
I hate the idea that someone out there hates me. I even hate that Al-Qaeda hates me. I think if they got to know me they wouldn’t hate me.

President Alexander Sterling | Vice President Aaron Victoria | Director of Foreign Affairs Mitchell Thromright

-

Conkerials
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Conkerials » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:33 pm

Valdiu wrote:
Conkerials wrote:I am currently drafting a bill concerning free movement between the countries in the ICON. Somewhat like an EU style Schengen Area system. Anyone willing to help draft and co-sponsor?

Sure, I'm down for that.

So I can jot you down as Co-Sponsor? :p
If so, I'll TG you with details. Maybe not tonight, however.
I'm just me
Compass
Economic Left

Valdiu
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Valdiu » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:33 pm

Conkerials wrote:
Valdiu wrote:Sure, I'm down for that.

So I can jot you down as Co-Sponsor? :p
If so, I'll TG you with details. Maybe not tonight, however.

Yeah, sure!

But yeah, not tonight. I'm sleeping now. Gnight everyone
[Mobilization Underway]
The Republic of Valdiu

-

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:39 pm

G.M.A

Nation Name: The Allied States of New Edom
Nation Link: New Edom
View on Civil Rights: The Allied States of New Edom encourages greater education, off the grid power and food sources, improved medical conditions, and is culturally pluralistic to the best of its ability. Nudity is Compulsory but this law is increasingly relaxed save in times of emergency.
View of Political Freedoms: Communism, Feminism and anti-Christian movements are illegal in the Allied States of New Edom. Reestablishment of democracy is being worked on through test elections under international supervision.
View on Economics: Some resources are nationalized; smalls scale free enterprise is strongly encouraged, larger free enterprise balanced against care for the nation's people and resources.
Name of Delegate: Colonel Simon Daniel
National Head of State: Queen Mara I
National Head of Government: Brigadier-General Perrin Pahath-Moab, President of the Council of Ministers

By submitting this application I, the undersigned, do understand the full rights, privileges, duties, and responsibilities associated to the membership for which I am applying, and do solemnly swear to carry out those duties and responsibilities to the best of my abilities. I also swear, to follow the laws made by the Congress associated with this organization in all things involving my nation and government, should those laws apply.

Sign Image

Date September 1, 2014
Last edited by New Edom on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:42 pm

New Edom wrote:

G.M.A

Nation Name: The Allied States of New Edom
Nation Link: New Edom
View on Civil Rights: The Allied States of New Edom encourages greater education, off the grid power and food sources, improved medical conditions, and is culturally pluralistic to the best of its ability. Nudity is Compulsory but this law is increasingly relaxed save in times of emergency.
View of Political Freedoms: Communism, Feminism and anti-Christian movements are illegal in the Allied States of New Edom. Reestablishment of democracy is being worked on through test elections under international supervision.
View on Economics: Some resources are nationalized; smalls scale free enterprise is strongly encouraged, larger free enterprise balanced against care for the nation's people and resources.
Name of Delegate: Colonel Simon Daniel
National Head of State: Queen Mara I
National Head of Government: Brigadier-General Perrin Pahath-Moab, President of the Council of Ministers

By submitting this application I, the undersigned, do understand the full rights, privileges, duties, and responsibilities associated to the membership for which I am applying, and do solemnly swear to carry out those duties and responsibilities to the best of my abilities. I also swear, to follow the laws made by the Congress associated with this organization in all things involving my nation and government, should those laws apply.

Sign (Image)

Date September 1, 2014

ACCEPTED. Welcome to Congress, Delegate Daniel.
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

District XIV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:48 pm

District XIV wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=21593853#p21593853

Shit's getting real.

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:00 am

District XIV wrote:
District XIV wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=21593853#p21593853

Shit's getting real.

My sec of state just issued a statement. Tell me what you think yeah?
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

District XIV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:04 am

Elemental North wrote:
District XIV wrote:

It's peaceful and diplomatic; D14 is too militaristic for that :P
Last edited by District XIV on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:06 am

District XIV wrote:
Elemental North wrote:

It's peaceful and diplomatic; D14 is too militaristic for that :P

Perfect. Exactly what I wanted. :)
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Conkerials
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Conkerials » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:07 am

-PROPOSAL OF LEGISLATION-

Addressed To: Standing Chamber Parliamentarian
RE: Movement of Legislation to the Floor

Legislation Title: Free Migration

Legislation severity of impact (Minuscule, Moderate, Severe, Landmark): Severe

Legislation content (take as much space as necessary): Movement of citizens between participants in the ICON should be limited. Visas will be automatically given to all citizens of any member nations of the ICON. With this visa, citizens are permitted to move between ICON nations freely and with limited interference*. Nations are, however, permitted to opt out of this agreement as is decided by the Head of Government** of any given nation in the ICON.

Citizens in countries that opt out of this agreement are not permitted to freely travel between ICON nations, 'less subject to the individual laws of other nations***.

Citizens in countries that adopt this agreement are permitted to enter and exit the given nation at their own discretion. They may reside in the nation for a maximum of 90 days and may apply for an extension with the government of the nation they are residing in.

Nations that deny entry of a citizen of a nation that chooses to adopt this agreement, who have themselves chosen to adopt it, will be suspected to scrutiny as to why they rejected admittance. Should insufficient reasoning be found by the ICON, then the subject nation will be at the disposal of the ICON and will face appropriate punishment, if any.

*Citizens are still subject border checkpoints
**Or presiding leader
***Conflicting laws, regarding immigration especially, of any given nation are overruled by this agreement, should you choose to adopt it. Should you choose not to adopt it, your individual laws may dictate who is permitted to enter your nation. However, you may not dictate if your citizens may enter other nations, as is subject to their laws.

Author of Legislation: Arkos Vespasian, Delegate from Conkerials

Legislation of impact level Severe and above require co-sponsors (3 for Severe, 5 for Landmark) is this legislation in need of co-sponsors therefore? (Y/N): Y

If yes to above, who are those co-sponsors?: Mitchell Thromright of Valdiu

Is this a re-edited proposal of legislation previously submitted? (Y/N): N

If yes to above, why was the original draft removed from the floor?:

By submitting this legislation to the Parliamentarian, you certify that this submission is true and authentic, and that no part thereto is forged or illegitimate. You also do therefore, seal this submission for edits, and by submitting assure the Parliamentarian that this legislation is the most concise, grammatically correct, finally drafted form it can be in before being amended and edited by the members of Chamber.

Just gonna leave this here for y'all to ponder over. It's incomplete and I'm in need of 2 more sponsors, 'less I need to ramp up the impact to "Landmark".
Last edited by Conkerials on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just me
Compass
Economic Left

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:15 am

Conkerials wrote:
(Image)

Legislation content (take as much space as necessary): Movement of citizens between participants in the ICON should be limited. Visas will be automatically given to all citizens of any member nations of the ICON. With this visa, citizens are permitted to move between ICON nations freely and with limited interference*. Nations are, however, permitted to opt out of this agreement as is decided by the Head of Government** of any given nation in the ICON.

Citizens in countries that opt out of this agreement are not permitted to freely travel between ICON nations, 'less subject to the individual laws of other nations***.

Citizens in countries that adopt this agreement are permitted to enter and exit the given nation at their own discretion. They may reside in the nation for a maximum of 90 days and may apply for an extension with the government of the nation they are residing in.

Nations that deny entry of a citizen of a nation that chooses to adopt this agreement, who have themselves chosen to adopt it, will be suspected to scrutiny as to why they rejected admittance. Should insufficient reasoning be found by the ICON, then the subject nation will be at the disposal of the ICON and will face appropriate punishment, if any.

**Or presiding leader
***Conflicting laws, regarding immigration especially, of any given nation are overruled by this agreement, should you choose to adopt it. Should you choose not to adopt it, your individual laws may dictate who is permitted to enter your nation. However, you may not dictate if your citizens may enter other nations, as is subject to their laws.

Legislation of impact level Severe and above require co-sponsors (3 for Severe, 5 for Landmark) is this legislation in need of co-sponsors therefore? (Y/N): Y

By submitting this legislation to the Parliamentarian, you certify that this submission is true and authentic, and that no part thereto is forged or illegitimate. You also do therefore, seal this submission for edits, and by submitting assure the Parliamentarian that this legislation is the most concise, grammatically correct, finally drafted form it can be in before being amended and edited by the members of Chamber.

Just gonna leave this here for y'all to ponder over. It's incomplete and I'm in need of 2 more sponsors, 'less I need to ramp up the impact to "Landmark".

It's an absolutely pristine piece of legislation, with only one coding error that I have fixed. Feel free to submit this to the floor of Chamber for consideration by the Parliamentarian. I will open up Chambers now. Bloody good work mate. Congratulations! :) Also, I, as I'm sure Valaran would, support it. So you may tack us both down as co-sponsors.
Last edited by Elemental North on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:22 am

Can someone provide the code for the official sig?
Last edited by West Aurelia on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

District XIV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:23 am

West Aurelia wrote:Can someone provide the code for the official sig?

Code: Select all
[b][color=#BF0000]:PROUD MEMBER[/color] [color=#0000BF]OF THE[/color] [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=310423][color=#FFD300]I.C.O.N, JOIN TODAY!:[/color][/url][/b]

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:25 am

^^There it be. :) :p
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

District XIV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:29 am

11/10 awesome documentary :D

I'm off to bed you guys.

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:37 am

District XIV wrote:
West Aurelia wrote:Can someone provide the code for the official sig?

Code: Select all
[b][color=#BF0000]:PROUD MEMBER[/color] [color=#0000BF]OF THE[/color] [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=310423][color=#FFD300]I.C.O.N, JOIN TODAY!:[/color][/url][/b]

Thanks!
_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Conkerials
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Conkerials » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:38 am

Elemental North wrote:
Conkerials wrote:
(Image)

**Or presiding leader

It's an absolutely pristine piece of legislation, with only one coding error that I have fixed. Feel free to submit this to the floor of Chamber for consideration by the Parliamentarian. I will open up Chambers now. Bloody good work mate. Congratulations! :) Also, I, as I'm sure Valaran would, support it. So you may tack us both down as co-sponsors.

I'll be sure to add that in tomorrow. For now, sleep. Goodnight gentlemen. :P
I'm just me
Compass
Economic Left

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:45 am

Conkerials wrote:
(Image)

**Or presiding leader

I will sponsor, on the understanding that the language will be made more clear and the requirements as well as benefits of signatory nations as well.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Conkerials
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Conkerials » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:54 am

New Edom wrote:
Conkerials wrote:
(Image)

**Or presiding leader

I will sponsor, on the understanding that the language will be made more clear and the requirements as well as benefits of signatory nations as well.

[nation][/nation]
This has been cleared for submission (in which it has been submitted) and approved by the parliamentarian, however if you wish to see edits to it, please TG me. We may discuss it further there.
I'm just me
Compass
Economic Left

Novolydia
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novolydia » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:39 am

G.M.A

Nation Name: The Dominion of Novolydia

Nation Link: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=novolydia

View on Civil Rights: The Dominion of Novolydia has no control over its civil citizens' lives at all. Our government's policies are totally anti-totalitarian. We respect civil rights of every citizen, we provide them welfare benefits without expecting them to sacrifice their rights.

View of Political Freedoms: We have no political freedom in our country. We strongly oppose anti-democratic, oppressive and totalitarian ideologies and any political implementation opposing our official pro-liberal state ideology. Novolydia is a dominion founded and run by elites that are high-ranking technocrats and overly educated opinion leaders. Everyone is free to think whatever they want and speak their minds. But it is impossible to found a political party and take action in legislation.

View on Economics: Novolydia puts high importance on following sectors: IT, Automotive, Forestry, Agriculture and Minerals. Novolydia runs a mixed economy. We have private sector companies and public sector companies owned by the state. We usually don't interfere with the private sector and our taxes are relatively low for private sector companies and foreign investors.

Name of Delegate: Ph.D. Acacius Kleonoglou
National Head of State: Ph.D. Lysandra Nicanoroglou
National Head of Government: Dr-Ing. Roxane Seleucusoglou

September 2, 2014

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:44 am

Novolydia wrote:

G.M.A

Nation Name: The Dominion of Novolydia

Nation Link: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=novolydia

View on Civil Rights: The Dominion of Novolydia has no control over its civil citizens' lives at all. Our government's policies are totally anti-totalitarian. We respect civil rights of every citizen, we provide them welfare benefits without expecting them to sacrifice their rights.

View of Political Freedoms: We have no political freedom in our country. We strongly oppose anti-democratic, oppressive and totalitarian ideologies and any political implementation opposing our official pro-liberal state ideology. Novolydia is a dominion founded and run by elites that are high-ranking technocrats and overly educated opinion leaders. Everyone is free to think whatever they want and speak their minds. But it is impossible to found a political party and take action in legislation.

View on Economics: Novolydia puts high importance on following sectors: IT, Automotive, Forestry, Agriculture and Minerals. Novolydia runs a mixed economy. We have private sector companies and public sector companies owned by the state. We usually don't interfere with the private sector and our taxes are relatively low for private sector companies and foreign investors.

Name of Delegate: Ph.D. Acacius Kleonoglou
National Head of State: Ph.D. Lysandra Nicanoroglou
National Head of Government: Dr-Ing. Roxane Seleucusoglou

(Image)

September 2, 2014

ACCEPTED. Welcome to Congress, Dr. Kleonoglou.
Last edited by Elemental North on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates