NATION

PASSWORD

Merger between IFA and WC (OOC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vanitan
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanitan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:56 pm

I Approve

Muzztopia
Minister

Founded: Oct 17, 2012
Libertarian Police State

Postby Muzztopia » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:18 pm

Bratislav wrote:
Valaran wrote:

So apart form approving this in our council, is the merger ready?

yeah pretty much....I Guess Gibberan, you agree with the HQ and RRF Base locations?

By The order of Emperor Richard IV, Foreign Minister Princess Sarah of Muzztopia and Antares Scorpi, Prince James of Muzztopia and Antares Scorpi, Defense Minister General Erik Johnson, Deputy Defense Minister Kiki Kirishima and General Yuki Kirishima the is here by Approved

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:22 pm

Muzztopia wrote:
Bratislav wrote:
yeah pretty much....I Guess Gibberan, you agree with the HQ and RRF Base locations?

By The order of Emperor Richard IV, Foreign Minister Princess Sarah of Muzztopia and Antares Scorpi, Prince James of Muzztopia and Antares Scorpi, Defense Minister General Erik Johnson, Deputy Defense Minister Kiki Kirishima and General Yuki Kirishima the is here by Approved

And by order order of Prime Minster James Alstan, foreign secretary Eric Nygaard, Ambassador Seward, and Emperor Edric Skaran III, this merger and the formation of the IFC is hereby Approved on behalf of the Valaran Empire.
Last edited by Valaran on Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:42 pm

Bratislav wrote:
Valaran wrote:

So apart form approving this in our council, is the merger ready?

Yerp
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

New Carloso
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:17 pm

With the support of the Carlossian parliament and people, the merger of the International Freedom Alliance and the Western Coalition is hereby APPROVED.

Signed, Supreme Chancellor Carl Tobin
Eben Davies, Carlossian representative and Minister of Defence to the IFA
THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

Elemental North
Senator

Founded: Aug 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:41 pm

By the authority therefore invested in me by the office of Transfer-Interior Minister, I hereby certify the below vote to be accurate and true:

7 AYES
0 ABSTENTIONS
0 NAYS

TIME LEFT FOR VOTING: 1 DAY

APPROVAL GAINED FROM:

[X] Founders
[X] Transfer Council
[X] General Memebers
[ ] Respective Alliance Councils
[ ] Quorum of new federation members by vote close date.
Last edited by Elemental North on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Bratislav
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 pm

Republic of Bratislav votes 'Aye' and also commends Elemental North for the nice voting results box. 8)
ATLAS REGION(The Best Region): viewtopic.php?f=23&t=265127
Country Info: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Bratislav

Elemental North
Senator

Founded: Aug 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:16 pm

Bratislav wrote:Republic of Bratislav votes 'Aye' and also commends Elemental North for the nice voting results box. 8)

Noted, and thank you. Administrative works are my forte!. lol :p
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:44 pm

Here's the final Merger information list, it is what I will submit for approval by the IFA Council:

Status of IFA-WC Merger talks

• Philosophy/Mission (FINALIZED)
    The Alliance's essential purpose is to safeguard the freedom and security of its members through political and military means.The Alliance believes in democratic values and encourages consultation and cooperation on defence and security issues to build trust and, in the long run, prevent conflict. The Alliance is committed to the peaceful resolution of disputes. If diplomatic efforts fail, it has the military capacity (Rapid Reaction Force) needed to undertake crisis-management operations. The Rapid Reaction Force is a force composed of military contributions of fellow IFA members - it serves to directly aid in the defence of member-states. The Alliance is committed to the principle that an attack against one or several members is considered as an attack against all. The Core Tasks of the Alliance are collective defence, crisis-management and cooperative security. In all, The Alliance stands as a security organization for moderate nations that values democracy and freedom. We stand as an alliance opposed to extremism, authoritarianism, terrorism, and communism. We accept countries into the alliance who similarly value these ideals and strive for a society that is based on the principles of freedom, liberty, and democratic governance.
  • Application Form (FINALIZED)
    Basics:
    Formal Nation Name:
    Head of State:
    Head of Government:
    Military Size: (_/10)
    Nuclear Arsenal (if any):
    Goals (optional):
    Capital city:
    National Creation and Brief History of your nation:
    Language:
    Demonym:
    Economic System:

Does your nation have...
    Freedom of speech
    Freedom of conscience
    Freedom of assembly
    Freedom of religion
    Freedom of movement
    The right to a fair trial
    Universal adult suffrage
    Racial discrimination
    Religious discrimination
    Gender discrimination
    LGBT discrimination
    Laws to prevent racial/religious/gender/LGBT discrimination
    Slavery
    Is your Government by the people (exercised either directly or through elected representatives)?
    How do you describe the political atmosphere of your state? (Far-Left/Left/Center-Left/Center/Center-Right/Right/Far-Right):

Name of Ambassador to the Council:
    Do you hereby agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth by the Alliance's Charter?

Name of Military:
    Branches of Military:
    What other military alliances are you a part of:

Does your nation have an IIwiki page as of yet?
    RP example:
    Reason for Joining:
  • Governance Structure/Council (FINALIZED)
    We have agreed to adopt the IFA Governance Structure with a few more positions in the Cabinet. This is how the general structure looks like:

Executive Heads
    The 2 Secretary Generals: Bratislav and Gibberan. They are permanent positions that play key administrative roles, accept/reject members, and work with the Prime Minister in heading the Alliance. They are the dual Executive Head of the Alliance. They have a right to dismiss the Prime Minister and his Cabinet if they feel that they have done a poor job and/or have worked against the interests of the alliance. In practice, they will let the PM take a more active role in the administrative duties of the Alliance.

Cabinet
    Prime Minister(leads the cabinet, helps with administrative duties along side Founders, accepts/rejects members, serves as speaker in IFA Council) [elected]
    -Foreign Minister (responsible for representing alliance in international settings and recruitment) [appointed by Prime Minister]
    -Deputy FM (helps with recruiting) [appointed by FM]
    -Defense Minister (leads the RRF) [elected]
    -Deputy FM (helps with activities of the RRF, can lead the RRF is DM is unavailable) [appointed by DM]
    -Treasurer [appointed by the Prime Minister]
    -Graphics Designer [appointed by Prime Minister]

IFC Council
    This council represents all the members of the alliance through their representatives. Any major decision must get approval from the IFC Council. This is the main legislative body of the alliance and all the key decisions and discussions go through here.
  • Alliance Name: International Freedom Coalition (FINALIZED)
  • Alliance Logo (FINALIZED)
  • Logistics (main thread, elections, transitional council etc) (FINALIZED)
    1)We will integrate existing resolutions from the two alliances.

2)We will have these threads:
    -OOC/Signup thread (this is the main thread of the alliance, elections take place here)
    -News Thread (member-states post news stories occurring in their countries)
    -Council Thread (IC thread for the IFC Council)

3)We will have an IFC Admin account for the OP post of each of the IFC threads. Only Gibberan and Bratislav will have access to that account. This joint account is more for being able to edit the OPs of the IFC threads.

4)The IFC HQ is located in Musrum, Bratislav while the main Rapid Reaction Force Base of the IFC is located in Gibberan.

5)The Transitional Council is the following until elections are held (in approximately 2 weeks):
    Secretary-Generals: Bratislav and Gibberan
    Prime Minister: Elemental North
    Foreign Minister: Valaran and Flardania
    Defense Minister: New Carloso
    Energy/Treasurer positions suspended till the elections.

6)Encouraged editing and use of the iiwiki page: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/International_Freedom_Coalition

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:59 pm

With the support of I, Lady Satsuki Kiryuin, the consultation of Parliament, and by the Grace of the Goddess Illias The Anime Reality Republic of Flardania the merger of the International Freedom Alliance and the Western Coalition is hereby APPROVED
Signed,
Lady Satsuki Kiryuin
Diregrant De La République Anime Réalité De Flardania
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:38 pm

I have submitted the Merger proposal to the IFA Council for approval. Please note the merger is not officially complete and finalized until it is officially approved by the IFA Council. Given the importance of the resolution, I want a majority of IFA members to vote on the resolution and voice their opinion regarding the merger.

I assume WC will do the same with their council.
Last edited by Bratislav on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rentalla
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rentalla » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:53 am

As a member of both the IFA and WC the Imperial Republic of Rentalla is pleased with the results of this council. The merger of the IFA and WC is hereby APPROVED.
Secretary of Admissions for the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Minister Of Diplomacy for SACTO
Pan-Celtic Alliance Observer

Don't ever mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, or my kindness as weakness.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:03 am

I might be over thinking this here, but would a logistical command element be something IFC has?

It would allow for us to more easily perform airlifts, move supplies/equipment, provide Ariel Refueling, etc (all of which are things I take great pride in my nation having the ability)...
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:07 am

Organized States wrote:I might be over thinking this here, but would a logistical command element be something IFC has?

It would allow for us to more easily perform airlifts, move supplies/equipment, provide Ariel Refueling, etc (all of which are things I take great pride in my nation having the ability)...

I would have thought much of this came under the control of RRF leadership (ie the defense minister) who would also have to deal with the logistics of the RRF. Of course, I am sure you can still contribute to this force in the logistical department, by donating things like C130s, fuel planes, etc (or try and become defense minister :p )

But for non military matters, I didn't think anyone has official authority... (so I guess yeah)

What exactly were you thinking this would be for?
Last edited by Valaran on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:27 am

Valaran wrote:
Organized States wrote:I might be over thinking this here, but would a logistical command element be something IFC has?

I would have thought much of this came under the control of RRF leadership (ie the defense minister) who would also have to deal with the logistics of the RRF. Of course, I am sure you can still contribute to this force in the logistical department, by donating things like C130s, fuel planes, etc (or try and become defense minister :p )

But for non military matters, I didn't think anyone has official authority... (so I guess yeah)

I was thinking, should IFC ever have to respond to a humanitarian crisis, do we have any non-overtly military assets in the RRF (Infantry Men and Armor can't really clean up after an earthquake, or provide medical and logistical support), so I'm proposing that we have a separate Material Command, that would supply RRF, as well as have the capability to operate without RRF.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:31 am

Organized States wrote:
Valaran wrote:

I was thinking, should IFC ever have to respond to a humanitarian crisis, do we have any non-overtly military assets in the RRF (Infantry Men and Armor can't really clean up after an earthquake, or provide medical and logistical support), so I'm proposing that we have a separate Material Command, that would supply RRF, as well as have the capability to operate without RRF.

Back in the IFA there was some vague proposal of an aid ministry, but it never got off the ground...

I personally think it should focus on aid rather than logistics for both (better to keep the military stuff one department so that when we need it, the army can get there on its own accord).

But otherwise? Absolutuely :)
There should definitely be something like this in place to help member states (an on occasion, everyone else)... so I would happily propose this as the first issue for the IFC council to vote on.

What does everyone else think?
Last edited by Valaran on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:33 am

Valaran wrote:
Organized States wrote:I was thinking, should IFC ever have to respond to a humanitarian crisis, do we have any non-overtly military assets in the RRF (Infantry Men and Armor can't really clean up after an earthquake, or provide medical and logistical support), so I'm proposing that we have a separate Material Command, that would supply RRF, as well as have the capability to operate without RRF.

Back in the IFA there was some vague proposal of an aid ministry, but it never got off the ground...

I personally think it should focus on aid rather than logistics for both (better to keep the military stuff one department so that when we need it, the army can get there on its own accord).

There should definitely be something like this in place to help member states (an on occasion, everyone else)... so I would happily propose this as the first issue for the IFC council to vote on.

Ok, still I'll back that proposal for the Aid Ministry...

EDIT: Who uses Probe refueling for their aircraft?
Last edited by Organized States on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Vanitan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanitan » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:38 am

Organized States wrote:
Valaran wrote:

Me why?
Last edited by Vanitan on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:39 am

Organized States wrote:
Valaran wrote:

Well that idea hasn't been around for some time now (and I totally forgot about asking for one in the merger talks) :p

Anyways, I like your idea more, as the logistics front is something that many nations often don't address adequately. It also makes it easier for more nations to contribute aid collectively (especially smaller ones without large apparatus to do so normally)

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:41 am

Vanitan wrote:
Organized States wrote:Ok, still I'll back that proposal for the Aid Ministry...

Me why?

Ok, I'm using the Boom, and trying to decide whether putting both systems on my KC-46s is practical (I barely use Probe).

Valaran wrote:
Organized States wrote:Ok, still I'll back that proposal for the Aid Ministry...

Well that idea hasn't been around for some time now (and I totally forgot about asking for one in the merger talks) :p

Anyways, I like your idea more, as the logistics front is something that many nations often don't address adequately. It also makes it easier for more nations to contribute aid collectively (especially smaller ones without large apparatus to do so normally)

The Logistics Command is probably something we'll need in the RFF (I'd be happy to take it :D), and I've got a large amount of transport and tanker aircraft.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Vanitan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanitan » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:42 am

Valaran wrote:

Here's a thought if it hasn't already been said,
We should make a hyper realistic alliance with natural resource limits and caps on man power!
Last edited by Vanitan on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vanitan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanitan » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:43 am

Organized States wrote:
The Logistics Command is probably something we'll need in the RFF (I'd be happy to take it :D), and I've got a large amount of transport and tanker aircraft.

Woah Woah Woah Brat! If this gets made i want a treaty drafting office

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:46 am

Guys, we can discuss about opening such regional offices once the alliance has officially been established and started. For the purposes of starting the IFC, we just have the main HQ (in Bratislav) and the main RRF Military Base (in Gibberan). Further regional offices can be also established and will be something for us to discuss in the IFC Council. :)

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:48 am

Organized States wrote:
Vanitan wrote:Me why?

Ok, I'm using the Boom, and trying to decide whether putting both systems on my KC-46s is practical (I barely use Probe).

Valaran wrote:

Its seems more practical to have the other system as well.

Yeah, that might be sub position under the defense minister, though of course, he could handle it himself, or you could just donate a few aircraft :p. That's not my call at the moment though, as I don't have much in the way of interior power...

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:49 am

Bratislav wrote:Guys, we can discuss about opening such regional offices once the alliance has officially been established and started. For the purposes of starting the IFC, we just have the main HQ (in Bratislav) and the main RRF Military Base (in Gibberan). Further regional offices can be also established and will be something for us to discuss in the IFC Council. :)

Yeah, as I said, this should be the first proposal in the IFC council. :)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates