NATION

PASSWORD

Proposals to be submitted after the new rules take effect

For discussing a long-overdue overhaul of the Assembly's legislative protocols.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:00 am

Mousebumples wrote:
Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:My suggested rewording, before Mall shut it down, was: "Proposals must have a tangible statistical effect on member nations. If the actions of a committee can be reasonably inferred as to have such an effect on member nations, then your proposal is probably fine."

Personally, I'm not a fan of words like "probably" since that doesn't provide clarity to the rules, but I'll agree with Fris that I like the spirit there.

Maybe:
Proposals must have a tangible statistical effect on member nations. This may include proposals where the actions of a committee can be reasonably inferred as having such an effect on member nations. Adding a non-committee clause is another option you may want to include to serve as a failsafe too ensure your proposal does not violate this rule.

Not sure if the third sentence is good or not, but I figure the "previous method of enforcement" is perhaps worth mentioning for newbies who want to make extra-sure that their proposals are legal. The wording probably needs some work though. :/

I worry that "reasonably inferred" is too much of a judgement call for this, and a lot of new players will get dinged by that unfairly. Maybe just write "If the actions of a committee has a direct effect on member nations,then your proposal is probably fine." That'll clear it up so, at least to players who read the rules, it doesn't sound like a subjective call.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:09 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote: "Proposals must have a tangible statistical effect on member nations. If the actions of a committee can be reasonably inferred as to have such an effect on member nations, then your proposal is probably fine."

I like it. Haven't looked for loopholes or anything, but I like the spirit. Is it your intent that this is the entire content of the Committee rule, or would it go under some other header?

I would have put it under "Rules for Committees."
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:06 am

Christian Democrats wrote:What on earth is "a non-committee clause"? May you give an example from any resolution currently on the books?

A clause that doesn't involve the committee? I can pull an example from a resolution when I'm back from being gone over Labor Day, but I thought that was a pretty straightforward term. *scratches head*
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

The Confederate States Of The Portuguese
Civilian

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Confederate States Of The Portuguese » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:44 pm

What do you think of a project for the standardization of medicine in all nations. All advances and knowledge to be shared without borders.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:45 pm

The Confederate States Of The Portuguese wrote:What do you think of a project for the standardization of medicine in all nations. All advances and knowledge to be shared without borders.

1. Wrong area.
2. We already have that. GAR #322
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Previous

Return to General Assembly Rules Consortium