NATION

PASSWORD

Did you enjoy the zombie apocylapse?

OH GOD! They're back! The scratching, the moaning, there's blood everywhere! I'm all out of bullets! If anyone can hear this transmission, save yourselves!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Communist Guatemala
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Guatemala » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:25 am

I did not enjoy it because I was not able to infect The Dragon Realms Empire. That was my main goal.

Peoples United Northen Army
Secretary

Founded: Sep 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Peoples United Northen Army » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:28 am

My nation got raped by the undead, and then I could do jack shit. There should be a longer cooldown on those superweapons, so your military/cure doesn't become useless in under a minute.
A far future nation of robotic citizens, born from the ashes of the fallen Ark Ship, that is under constant siege from the elements, crazed machines, and unrelenting aliens. Tech level is a mix of late Cold War, not-too-distant future, and weird reality defying technology.

People's Free Radio| [Unrelenting static]

People's Free Radio Archives

This whole nation is a work in progress, especially after probably half a year's absence and work on other projects.

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:44 am

I don't enjoy the repetition of the event. Why does it have to be the same thing every year? The addition of a few new graphics is only progress when compared to the other nationstates Halloween events. If we compared it to almost any other video game it wouldn't really be progress.

I wouldn't mind if there was always an apocalypse theme. For example the aftermath of a nuclear war, massive earthquake, or asteroid impact would be great. Some people mentioned alien invasions. Not sure where you could go with that. Would it be gritty or campy? Would the aliens be out to destroy humanity or would they be farming us or something? Would they outright attack or would there be subversion? I don't know but it's an interesting idea.

Even if you wanted to keep things Halloweeny you could still be different. Maybe your nation uncovered a mummy and it places a curse that affects your citizens. Maybe vampires are spreading, and they're smarter than zombies. Maybe we do a twist. Maybe the zombies are actually created by a hive minded nanovirus and the more zombies in a nation, the more they can do.

Maybe things could get complex with the apocalypse scenarios. Maybe you have to try and keep order. Maybe you need to choose where resources go. Maybe the way you answer issues or your nation type could affect things. I may be asking too much with that but I'm just trying to give ideas. The same thing over and over again isn't great.

I look forward to April Fools each year because it's always something different. Heck there could be a seperate website or something with all the April Fools games and it could be entertaining.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Kalinin K-7
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalinin K-7 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:30 pm

Lioniel wrote:yes, and *raises mug of beer* here's to another Apocalypse next year, :clap: (plz be aliens, or somekind of scarry spoopy stuff) :clap:

Next year, I don't think a change in the type of infection/thing that terrorizes NationStates will do anything. Quite frankly, I believe we should just have more action in sending missiles/squads/hordes, such as a small mini-game that where if you win, you send over to the other nation what you want, but if you don't win, the majority of that nation (zombies or people) invade your nation with hordes, cure missiles, or tactical squads.

We could also do something as in a Political System War, where people aim to spread their systems (direct democracy, republicanism, communism, fascism, and so on) to other nations. The mission would be to spread your ideology to the most nations possible.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:33 pm

No.

My region made it boring by turning the place into a anti-zed draconian dictatorship. So I left the place for a few days because I actually enjoy variety in gameplay.
Last edited by New haven america on Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

The Republic People
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic People » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:36 pm

Considering this year the Pacific decided to sort of do a free for all, yes. Yes I did enjoy it.
Develop a strong moral compass, but don't let it blind you to reality.

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Uiiop » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:38 am

Eh....I hope things get more shaken up next time.
#NSTransparency

Raventsvo
Envoy

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Raventsvo » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:44 am

no
waste of time
Gay
Australian
Titoist

-Expansive OOC Player Factbook
-Flags Made By The Player (link fixed!)
-Personal Gulag

TGs are welcome!

Regional tumour of the International Northwestern Union

Al Imaru wrote:Podgotov'te svoy anys dlya Vtorzheniya? And what does that mean? The only word I know in that is для, which means for. The rest is nonsense, just as he promised.

Simoney
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Simoney » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:22 am

My first haloween here, it was fun. I went cure mode and isolated myself in a safe region, but that got boring. So I went region-hopping (East Pacific and Europeia was zombierific) just so I can pvp against the double team of zombie horded-elimination squads. More fun to join the horde imo.

Would be fun if each nation got assigned a locked missile randomly (cure, horde, annhilation) and see which class survives the deathmatch.

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:22 am

The Republic People wrote:Considering this year the Pacific decided to sort of do a free for all, yes. Yes I did enjoy it.

We'll probs be all working together to save Pacifica next year, because Z's will be ramped up again I'm expecting. Less conflict between players, but more teamwork (most of this years was hidden away in our Discord chats which kinda sucked). Was good fun. Most of the survivor loss this year was due to us going free for all (and Z's and deaths everywhere) rather than cure. Think we were worth 1.4% of the total NS pop last year, and 1.2% this year. Total percentage of survivors dropped by 1.6% so it wasn't completely us, but it was mainly.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:25 am

I want aliens.
Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

Yugoslav Memes
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yugoslav Memes » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:30 am

Gigaverse wrote:I want aliens.

this

zombies are boring, i want my capital city to be obliterated in an instant instead
Factbook - Trobojka

Shooting all the old people is a feasible and effective solution whenever your ideas meet some obstacles.

United Republic of Eastern Canada
Secretary

Founded: Sep 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Republic of Eastern Canada » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:21 am

I guess it was cool, got hyped when my super weapons were ready. Maybe if there was a surprise event like a sudden alien invasion, then that would be pretty awesome.
|DEFCON: 5| Nation is at peace. Martial law is not in effect.

For the latest in national news in Eastern Canada, click here.

(NS Stats are unused)

St Salvador
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby St Salvador » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:58 pm

Yes even though half my people died.
In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars and sought to better themselves for the good of all. But we are much wiser now.

If the road is easy, the destination is worthless.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

I highly doubt my soul mate is living in Thailand and only a click away.

The Underground Movement Union
Senator

Founded: Mar 07, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Underground Movement Union » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:58 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Adevia-Ardvilla wrote:I enjoyed it for the morning of the second day until it got boring in my region. Did you enjoy it? What do you want changed about it?

Alien invasion.

Zombie outbreak is getting stale. Sorry.

This.

Gages Icelandic Army
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gages Icelandic Army » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:03 pm

Does anyone know if the cure/military option is improved by your stats?

So like, if you have a large military or a lot of weaponization, then extermination is better.
And if you have a large healthcare system, then cure finding is better.
So if your military<healthcare system, then the health care system should be more effective.

If that's already not the case than I think it should be added. People who don't spend money on healthcare in their nation should not be able to pull a cure out of their ass in an hour.

Oh, and it was fun. Somebody mocked me for getting a late start. They already killed the infection. Within an hour, they were completely overtaken. Puppets are fun. :twisted:
Last edited by Gages Icelandic Army on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Gages Icelandic Army
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gages Icelandic Army » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:24 pm

bump?

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:32 pm

Gages Icelandic Army wrote:bump?

Firstly, don't bump stuff when it's on the top (or when it's recent) or really unless it's a moderation post etc. that needs attention and has been missed somehow.

Second, it's probs time to lock this forum again if we've got to the bump stage.

Thirdly, I think it does, but that's from sources who aren't exactly the most reliable game wise. The admins try to keep it secret to prevent people from gaming it, but population makes a large impact as well on effectiveness. Large amount of zombies/survivors on a nation with a large amount of survivors/zombies = big superweapon impact. When there is not so many attacking (or defending) it goes down to the million per hit kind of ranges.

But I agree stats wise if it isn't already (I think it is, but I haven't tested at all), it should play a role. Preferably with a mixture of stats and some obscure ones so people don't spend the next year trying to get a certain stat just for Z-Day.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Gages Icelandic Army
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gages Icelandic Army » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:36 pm

Flanderlion wrote:
Gages Icelandic Army wrote:bump?

Firstly, don't bump stuff when it's on the top (or when it's recent) or really unless it's a moderation post etc. that needs attention and has been missed somehow.

Second, it's probs time to lock this forum again if we've got to the bump stage.

Thirdly, I think it does, but that's from sources who aren't exactly the most reliable game wise. The admins try to keep it secret to prevent people from gaming it, but population makes a large impact as well on effectiveness. Large amount of zombies/survivors on a nation with a large amount of survivors/zombies = big superweapon impact. When there is not so many attacking (or defending) it goes down to the million per hit kind of ranges.

But I agree stats wise if it isn't already (I think it is, but I haven't tested at all), it should play a role. Preferably with a mixture of stats and some obscure ones so people don't spend the next year trying to get a certain stat just for Z-Day.

Agreed. And excuse the bump. I just legitimately wanted to know that.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Zombie Emergency Command Center