NATION

PASSWORD

What Is This Whole Zombie Thing?

OH GOD! They're back! The scratching, the moaning, there's blood everywhere! I'm all out of bullets! If anyone can hear this transmission, save yourselves!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:57 am

Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Quilavaland wrote:I think it was reasonable considering the circumstances. I mean I could get in trouble just for starting this thread, since there was a "no complaining about the zombies" rule.

There's a "no complaining about the zombies" rule? :unsure:

Anyway, I don't think the mods would do anything to you for starting the thread. The punishment for that sort of thing is usually just the thread gets locked.

"If you don't like the zombie event, there's not much point moaning about it. No one is forcing you to participate, and your nation's population will revert to normal after the event is over."
I am very far left-wing socially and economically in between capitalism and communism.
I'm sort of a "Radical Centrist", I guess. I support the Australian Green Party most out of any political party, though I don't fully agree with anyone.
Quilava is by far my favourite pokemon as it is cute and badass at the same time and has a fire mohawk!

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:42 am

Quilavaland wrote: I just love Quilavas as much, or probably more than, you would love a girlfriend or a family member.

Huh, that's a lot. Anyway, I'm sorry you went through this and were ridiculed and labeled like that.
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:46 am

Jute wrote:
Quilavaland wrote: I just love Quilavas as much, or probably more than, you would love a girlfriend or a family member.

Huh, that's a lot. Anyway, I'm sorry you went through this and were ridiculed and labeled like that.

Yeah I know I'm weird but I get depressed quite often because Quilavas aren't real, and I've basically made it my life goal to make them more popular. So yeah I get very defensive if anyone even talks about hurting them. I'm weird I know but that's just how I feel ^^;
I am very far left-wing socially and economically in between capitalism and communism.
I'm sort of a "Radical Centrist", I guess. I support the Australian Green Party most out of any political party, though I don't fully agree with anyone.
Quilava is by far my favourite pokemon as it is cute and badass at the same time and has a fire mohawk!

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:51 am

Quilavaland wrote:
Jute wrote:Huh, that's a lot. Anyway, I'm sorry you went through this and were ridiculed and labeled like that.

Yeah I know I'm weird but I get depressed quite often because Quilavas aren't real, and I've basically made it my life goal to make them more popular. So yeah I get very defensive if anyone even talks about hurting them. I'm weird I know but that's just how I feel ^^;

As long as it doesn't take your life over completely, it's fine. Just don't let it become an obsession that your entire lifes revolves around, alright? :)
Also:
Quilavaland wrote:
Blargoblarg wrote:This may just be the dumbest Nationstates thread I've seen this year.

I thought bronies were supposed to be tolerant of those who are unsual.

Most are, like in every bigger group there are a few jerks, though.
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Conkerials
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Conkerials » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:55 am

Just ignore it. There is no reason to complain about the lack of information regarding this because there was a news update on it ten days ago with a countdown on specifically when it's going to take place and how long it'll go on. If you don't want to participate, simply what you do is not participate. If you're going to complain about the site not molding to you naivety, or rather your ignorance, I cannot help you, nor can anyone else.

It's an interesting, fun, light-hearted event that's taking place annually.
I'm just me
Compass
Economic Left
/Right: -7.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.69

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:01 am

Conkerials wrote:Just ignore it. There is no reason to complain about the lack of information regarding this because there was a news update on it ten days ago with a countdown on specifically when it's going to take place and how long it'll go on. If you don't want to participate, simply what you do is not participate. If you're going to complain about the site not molding to you naivety, or rather your ignorance, I cannot help you, nor can anyone else.

It's an interesting, fun, light-hearted event that's taking place annually.

*sigh* The amount of times I've been through these exact same points. Countries who don't read the news won't know. And it's not mentioned in the FAQ, so I joined what I thought was a nonviolent game and then this happened, which is clearly misinformation.

And there is no way to "not participate" when there are numbers ON YOUR PAGE.

Furthermore, an event about DEATH and DISEASE is NOT LIGHT HEARTED. And mandatory "fun" isn't fun. There are plenty of people who don't like PE class which is meant to be "fun".

Through all the tens of replies to this topic, pretty much nobody has used anything except the regurgitated points you just did, all of which I have debunked over and over again. This is like one of those arguments between Atheits and Creationists on YouTube, where the creationists keep recycling garbage that's already been disproven.

Not to mention both the people arguing against me here and Creationists act like I'm trying to oppress them, when actually all I'm asking for is equality and choice, I'm not asking for anything to be stopped or taken away.
Last edited by Quilavaland on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:09 am

Jute wrote:
Quilavaland wrote:Yeah I know I'm weird but I get depressed quite often because Quilavas aren't real, and I've basically made it my life goal to make them more popular. So yeah I get very defensive if anyone even talks about hurting them. I'm weird I know but that's just how I feel ^^;

As long as it doesn't take your life over completely, it's fine. Just don't let it become an obsession that your entire lifes revolves around, alright? :)

Well actually it pretty much already is. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. The reason I try hard at school is because I know one day it will put me in a better position to make Quilava popular. Otherwise I'd have no reason not to just give up on life, since I'm pretty much miserable all the time anyway (because of more than just the lack of Quilavas on Earth, though that is one contributing factor).

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:13 am

Quilavaland wrote:
Jute wrote:As long as it doesn't take your life over completely, it's fine. Just don't let it become an obsession that your entire lifes revolves around, alright? :)

Well actually it pretty much already is. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. The reason I try hard at school is because I know one day it will put me in a better position to make Quilava popular. Otherwise I'd have no reason not to just give up on life, since I'm pretty much miserable all the time anyway (because of more than just the lack of Quilavas on Earth, though that is one contributing factor).

Don't you anyone that cares for you and who you care for, too?

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:14 am

Jute wrote:

Anyway thanks for being nice to me anyway.

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:15 am

Jute wrote:
Quilavaland wrote:Well actually it pretty much already is. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. The reason I try hard at school is because I know one day it will put me in a better position to make Quilava popular. Otherwise I'd have no reason not to just give up on life, since I'm pretty much miserable all the time anyway (because of more than just the lack of Quilavas on Earth, though that is one contributing factor).

Don't you anyone that cares for you and who you care for, too?

Well there's a few people I care for but not enough to go through the suffering of 80 years of existence for. I can't stand my brothers though, I only really care about my dogs, my grandparents, my friends and my mum. That's pretty much it.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:15 am

Quilavaland wrote:
Jute wrote:Huh, that's a lot. Anyway, I'm sorry you went through this and were ridiculed and labeled like that.

Anyway thanks for being nice to me anyway.

No problem, if you need someone to talk to, you can write to me. :)

-Ebola-
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ebola- » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:16 am

Quilavaland wrote:Furthermore, an event about DEATH and DISEASE is NOT LIGHT HEARTED.

That's a matter of opinion.
There are viruses on the internet! Make sure your computer is protected.
African, asexual, and proud.
Racism is foolish. You're all the same inside. I would know.

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:18 am

-Ebola- wrote:
Quilavaland wrote:Furthermore, an event about DEATH and DISEASE is NOT LIGHT HEARTED.

That's a matter of opinion.

Alright maybe some diseases are fun, when you're not the one suffering from them XD

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:18 am

Jute wrote:
Quilavaland wrote:Anyway thanks for being nice to me anyway.

No problem, if you need someone to talk to, you can write to me. :)

Okay, thanks :)

Kroe
Attaché

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kroe » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:19 am

This really is a nonsensical argument, all this event does is place statistics on your page and IF you want to participate adds an option to fight back, it does NOTHING else, it feels very trollish that the OP had to start an argument over a 36 hour long event.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:21 am

Quilavaland wrote:
Jute wrote:No problem, if you need someone to talk to, you can write to me. :)

Okay, thanks :)

No problem! :)

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:21 am

Kroe wrote:This really is a nonsensical argument, all this event does is place statistics on your page and IF you want to participate adds an option to fight back, it does NOTHING else, it feels very trollish that the OP had to start an argument over a 36 hour long event.

Which is a major thing considering the whole game is statistics on your page. It also permanently records worldwide deaths. And as for the 36-hour-long or "only temporary" argument, no, it's not, because it happens EVERY YEAR.

Now can you please stop recycling the same garbage arguments I've already refuted, at least read back through the thread before saying "it's only temporary". :/
Last edited by Quilavaland on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Ebola-
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ebola- » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:22 am

Kroe wrote:This really is a nonsensical argument, all this event does is place statistics on your page and IF you want to participate adds an option to fight back, it does NOTHING else, it feels very trollish that the OP had to start an argument over a 36 hour long event.

I don't think it was trolling.
There are viruses on the internet! Make sure your computer is protected.
African, asexual, and proud.
Racism is foolish. You're all the same inside. I would know.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:23 am

Well now it seems I'm getting horde-mobbed because I used a cure missile on someone who didn't want it, but never said they didn't want it.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Kroe
Attaché

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kroe » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:23 am

Quilavaland wrote:

Which is a major thing considering the whole game is statistics on your page. It also permanently records worldwide deaths. And as for the 36-hour-long or "only temporary" argument, no, it's not, because it happens EVERY YEAR.

Now can you please stop recycling the same garbage arguments I've already refuted, at least read back through the thread before saying "it's only temporary". :/

Yeah I read the whole thread, and all I can say is get over it. It's not going to change because a couple of people want it to change. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but seriously it's such a small thing.
Last edited by Kroe on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:28 am

Kroe wrote:Yeah I read the whole thread, and all I can say is get over it. It's not going to change because a couple of people want it to change.

Let me get this straight, most people don't care whether it changes, and a couple of people want it changed. And all that would have to happen is the addition of an opt-out button which ALREADY EXISTS for ALL ISSUES, so obviously it's entirely possible, and probably not that major.

I don't see WHY there is this double standard. If issues never had a dismiss button nobody would be complaining about that either, I guarantee you, but that was a good idea. So why does people not caring make this a bad idea?

That's completely illogical. How many people want something has nothing to do with whether it's a good idea.

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:34 am

Think about it this way, if the opt out is added next time, the worst case is the programmers have a little bit extra work, and nobody else cares or is affected at all. If it's not added, users could be confused and angry because they didn't check the news and the zombies aren't in the FAQ. On top of that, people who care deeply about their people like me will be severely emotionally affected.

You've got next to nothing to lose by adding this, while my side, while smaller, has far more to be concerned about. So can't you just do this one little thing and put in one little button to stop all this drama? Surely there's a way just to get nations to just not put the zombie stuff on their page when they press a button? That can't be too hard surely.

New Brussels
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Brussels » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:02 am

Quilavaland wrote:Think about it this way, if the opt out is added next time, the worst case is the programmers have a little bit extra work, and nobody else cares or is affected at all. If it's not added, users could be confused and angry because they didn't check the news and the zombies aren't in the FAQ. On top of that, people who care deeply about their people like me will be severely emotionally affected.

You've got next to nothing to lose by adding this, while my side, while smaller, has far more to be concerned about. So can't you just do this one little thing and put in one little button to stop all this drama? Surely there's a way just to get nations to just not put the zombie stuff on their page when they press a button? That can't be too hard surely.

Didn't you want the thread to be over instead of repeating previous weak and unfounded arguments?
A puppet of a puppet of a puppet of a nation.

Twilight Imperium
Minister

Founded: May 19, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Twilight Imperium » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:12 am

New Brussels wrote:
Quilavaland wrote:Think about it this way, if the opt out is added next time, the worst case is the programmers have a little bit extra work, and nobody else cares or is affected at all. If it's not added, users could be confused and angry because they didn't check the news and the zombies aren't in the FAQ. On top of that, people who care deeply about their people like me will be severely emotionally affected.

Didn't you want the thread to be over instead of repeating previous weak and unfounded arguments?

Yeah, but people just kept posting them. Sad, really. :p

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:16 am

Twilight Imperium wrote:
New Brussels wrote:Didn't you want the thread to be over instead of repeating previous weak and unfounded arguments?

Yeah, but people just kept posting them. Sad, really. :p

This

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Zombie Emergency Command Center