NATION

PASSWORD

WHY????

OH GOD! They're back! The scratching, the moaning, there's blood everywhere! I'm all out of bullets! If anyone can hear this transmission, save yourselves!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:36 am

-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:
HorusLand wrote:The answer is simple and logical: nothing.

Nothing.

This site first chose zombies without thinking, just for an April Fools' joke. Then, it became a yearly tradition. No actual thought was given into 'why not aliens, werewolves, or evil mutated Hulk-like green people?'. It's not like the site has to include everything.

EDIT: Yes, I decided to answer the question differently than 'well, everything else sucks', because that's not a reason for anything, especially when zombies also suck.

its really a matter of taste, suck it up, people want zombies.

Everything else is equally stupid beyond believe, but zombies is what people want.

And hell, its Halloween, it is justified right now at least.

It's going to happen every Halloween.
I mean, seriously, the forum is full of zombies. Zombie here, zombie there, zombie where, zombie Jesus. Eesh. I already want it to stop, and it hasn't even begun.
think about it: a few are obsessed with zombies. The rest are waiting for this insanity to stop. At least I'm really competitive, so I like this.
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:36 am

Murbleflip wrote:
Sammi Land wrote:HOW????

So I started playing... 10 hours ago? I haven't found any settings on military or research, how can I prepare for the invasion?

Join forces with the zombies.

Don't trick the new guys. :p
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Sammi Land
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 27, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Sammi Land » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:41 am

HorusLand wrote:
Murbleflip wrote:Join forces with the zombies.

Don't trick the new guys. :p

Don't insult the new guy by implying that that would even have a remote chance of tricking him. :p

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:44 am

Sammi Land wrote:
HorusLand wrote:Don't trick the new guys. :p

Don't insult the new guy by implying that that would even have a remote chance of tricking him. :p

Better to make sure, no?
Most new guys would take that post seriously and not understand that it's a joke.

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:52 am

HorusLand wrote:
-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:its really a matter of taste, suck it up, people want zombies.

Everything else is equally stupid beyond believe, but zombies is what people want.

I mean, seriously, the forum is full of zombies. Zombie here, zombie there, zombie where, zombie Jesus. Eesh. I already want it to stop, and it hasn't even begun.
think about it: a few are obsessed with zombies. The rest are waiting for this insanity to stop. At least I'm really competitive, so I like this.

Proof that a majority wants this to stop? It just sounds like complaining right now honestly.
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:59 am

HorusLand wrote:It's going to happen every Halloween.

Proof that a majority wants this to stop? It just sounds like complaining right now honestly.

I was on TET the other day, and I only heard complaints. There was this one guy who liked the idea, though. I think...
I'm not complaining. I actually like this.

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:00 am

Dakran wrote:I would totally support angel/demon/fairy invasion

This, totally.
Spirit Animal of Castle Crashers

Quick link to my horrifically messy factbook.
Awarded the Honourable Epicness Award for Persuasive Nuclear Weapon Placement 2015

Dogs of War wrote:While the motto of the British SAS is "Who dares wins" the motto of Equalsun's SAS is "Who cares who wins?"

The Great and Kawaii™ Ella wrote:As much as I love Stellaris, video games are a magnet for powerwankers, and when the AI beats them too hard, they come over to II and P2TM and take their anger out on us.

So I got into am currently in a name-calling contest in a flag rating thread...

Student, Canadian, ENFP

The Geth Consensus
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Geth Consensus » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:01 am

HorusLand wrote:

I was on TET the other day, and I only heard complaints. There was this one guy who liked the idea, though. I think...

TET?

You mean the guys who mostly hang out in NS General?

Yeah, I don't think that is great evidence, but thats just me, I can be wrong.
A developing UEG puppet

Shaggai
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:03 am

HorusLand wrote:
-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:its really a matter of taste, suck it up, people want zombies.

Zombie threads are only popping up because of the Halloween thing.

Anyway, what was that David Wong quote again?
piss

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:04 am

The Geth Consensus wrote:
HorusLand wrote:I was on TET the other day, and I only heard complaints. There was this one guy who liked the idea, though. I think...

TET?

No. TET generally has people from all around the forums. I hang out in P2TM and NS Sports, and don't like General. TET is just there because there is no other place for it to be. It's a discussion thread.

It's the thread that generally never fights over anything, and people are nice to each other. You know, that is enough to characterize only a few threads on this site.

I mean, give me another example of a thread were there are people from all over the forums.

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:05 am

Shaggai wrote:
HorusLand wrote:It's going to happen every Halloween.

Zombie threads are only popping up because of the Halloween thing.

Anyway, what was that David Wong quote again?

Who?

Also, this zombie thing is official. Vampires and other creatures are not. The OP is asking why they chose zombies to be official.

The Geth Consensus
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Geth Consensus » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:06 am

HorusLand wrote:
The Geth Consensus wrote:TET?

No. TET generally has people from all around the forums. I hang out in P2TM and NS Sports, and don't like General. TET is just there because there is no other place for it to be. It's a discussion thread.

It's the thread that generally never fights over anything, and people are nice to each other. You know, that is enough to characterize only a few threads on this site.

I mean, give me another example of a thread were there are people from all over the forums.

Forum 7
A developing UEG puppet

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:11 am

HorusLand wrote:No. TET generally has people from all around the forums. I hang out in P2TM and NS Sports, and don't like General. TET is just there because there is no other place for it to be. It's a discussion thread.

Forum 7

Yes, a bunch of spammy new users mixed with those Senate threads that, in my opinion, shouldn't be together with the 'SLAP THE DUDE ABOVE YOU OVER THE FACE AND EXPLAIN WHY' threads.

The Geth Consensus
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Geth Consensus » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:13 am

HorusLand wrote:
Forum 7

Yes, a bunch of spammy new users mixed with those Senate threads that, in my opinion, shouldn't be together with the 'SLAP THE DUDE ABOVE YOU OVER THE FACE AND EXPLAIN WHY' threads.

Not a real description in my opinion, though I think the Mods nuttering of it plus the creation of Portal caused the quality to drop.
A developing UEG puppet

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:20 am

HorusLand wrote:Yes, a bunch of spammy new users mixed with those Senate threads that, in my opinion, shouldn't be together with the 'SLAP THE DUDE ABOVE YOU OVER THE FACE AND EXPLAIN WHY' threads.

Not a real description in my opinion, though I think the Mods nuttering of it plus the creation of Portal caused the quality to drop.

I think I saw an actual sentence in F7 once.

Anyway, you said that people in F7 come from all over the forums. Nope. People from F7 go all over the forums. That's the place where it's the easiest to post random nonsense without getting banned because of too many rulz.
In F7, there are no arguments, no discussions, few sentences. It's the lowest form of conversation, in my opinion. No logic used.

Anyway, this is getting off-topic.

Huda
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Huda » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:22 am

Because Max Barry loves the Walking Dead I guess.

The Geth Consensus
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Geth Consensus » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:45 am

HorusLand wrote:
The Geth Consensus wrote:Not a real description in my opinion, though I think the Mods nuttering of it plus the creation of Portal caused the quality to drop.

Anyway, you said that people in F7 come from all over the forums. Nope. People from F7 go all over the forums. That's the place where it's the easiest to post random nonsense without getting banned because of too many rulz.
In F7, there are no arguments, no discussions, few sentences. It's the lowest form of conversation, in my opinion. No logic used.

Dude, middle finger....I have been placing logic in its place until the Mods closed a thread.

But yeah, getting off-topic.
A developing UEG puppet

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:47 am

HorusLand wrote:I think I saw an actual sentence in F7 once.

Dude, middle finger....I have been placing logic in its place until the Mods closed a thread.

But yeah, getting off-topic.

There are good people in F7, but they're not enough to counter what's going on in there.
I don't mean to insult you or anyone else. It's just my opinion.

Republic of Astana
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Astana » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:10 am

I would love alien one.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:15 am

HorusLand wrote:
The Geth Consensus wrote:Not a real description in my opinion, though I think the Mods nuttering of it plus the creation of Portal caused the quality to drop.

You've clearly never been to the Quotes Thread. It's almost like General at times, but IC.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Fedeledland
Senator

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedeledland » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:15 am

Because World War Z is far more political a book than Twilight.
Factbook (FanT·FT)
Embassies
Political Info (OOC)
WARNING: My writing might contain amounts of extreme pomp and purple prose. Read at your own caution.
QUE VIVA EL REY!

The Soodean Imperium
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Soodean Imperium » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:16 am

Hmm... I can see an Angel invasion...

This is (not) an Angel Attack

Yesterday, a towering monster known as an "Angel" descended on Tokyo-3 and tore through the city, spreading panic through [NATION NAME]. While it was eventually defeated, the nation's top military advisers fear that progressively stronger Angels will continue to attack the city in a supernatural effort to reunite with Lilith and punish Mankind for its Original Sin.

1) "Ha! Military force alone is a sure solution!" shouts one of your military commanders in a clear state of agitation. "True, all past efforts at killing it with conventional weapons have failed to even scratch it - and generally succeeded in causing massive collateral damage to the city below - but that won't stop me from trying again! Send everything you have: tanks, jets, rocket launchers, destroyers, and nukes! Add another zero to the end of the military budget, and I'll build new defenses - like that stationary wall of five hundred massive gatling guns. Sure, it'll never work, but think of how cool it'll look moments before it's destroyed!"

2) "Clearly, the only sane way to stop the Angels is by building massive bio-engineered Angel-based cyborg robots piloted by pre-pubescent children with severe mental issues," says Dr. Akagi, leading scientist at NERV. "Sure, they would cost a massive fortune to build and maintain, and there's always the risk that they'll go berserk and rampage through the city. But it's still our only chance at defending the Earth. And in the end, who cares if a few pilots have their minds utterly screwed?"

3) "I care!" shouts Ikari Shinji, the Third Child and the pilot of EVA-01. "Imagine the kind of suffering people go through to fight those Angels. Sure, they're the enemy, but I'm sick of piloting this machine. Maybe we should all just... run away?"

4) "You know, this Angel invasion could be a blessing in disguise," muses a faceless monolith marked SEELE-7. "Certainly, we must hold them off long enough to prevent the coming apocalypse, but only to the extent that it serves our interests. While the rest of NERV is distracted above ground, we must hurry our work on your Human Instrumentality Project. The risks will be great, but after enough time and patience, we will finally be able to achieve our secret goals."

(High-five to anyone who gets the reference)
Last harmonized by Hu Jintao on Sat Mar 4, 2006 2:33pm, harmonized 8 times in total.

"In short, when we hastily attribute to aesthetic and inherited faculties the artistic nature of Athenian civilization, we are almost proceeding as did men in the Middle Ages, when fire was explained by phlogiston and the effects of opium by its soporific powers." --Emile Durkheim, 1895
Come join Septentrion!
ICly, this nation is now known as the Socialist Republic of Menghe (대멩 사회주의 궁화국, 大孟社會主義共和國). You can still call me Soode in OOC.

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:18 am

Wisconsin9 wrote:
HorusLand wrote:I think I saw an actual sentence in F7 once.

You've clearly never been to the Quotes Thread. It's almost like General at times, but IC.

The Quotes thread is in F7? :o

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 am

HorusLand wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:You've clearly never been to the Quotes Thread. It's almost like General at times, but IC.

The Quotes thread is in F7? :o

My theory is that it's the Generalian beachhead for an invasion.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:33 am

Tribes Republic wrote:Why always zombies why not some other supernatural creature like vampires, werewolves, demons, angels, fairies(fay), or some other form of supernatural creature.

What's the big deal about zombies

Vampires - Twilight sucks, realistic vampires don't work, the overall concept works for an evil lord, a super villain, not a threat to the word via infection and consumption.

OH come on.
-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:Werewolves - Not really scary, work best as packs not hordes.

Another cop out excuse.
-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:Demons - Nope, not everyone likes the whole religious bit, someone got offended at a zombie Jesus for lords sake, and with demons we have to do a shit ton of generalization since there are so many variations.

Now you're being silly.
-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:Zombies work the best, always do, though next year or April fools should be with Robots for lulz.

Zombles are cute but only cute once.
-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:And even then, Zombies are a stupid option realistically, which is how I'm taking this infection canon wise (not main canon, more like side fluff), I say moderately weak, but advanced aliens is the best option for everyone.

Ah I see the old 180 degree turn. By knocking all the other options you're settling on...
nothing!

yaaayy. This year nothing invades. But research must be made to combat the great nothing

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Zombie Emergency Command Center