NATION

PASSWORD

Blood & Circuits [Robot Uprising; Character] [OPEN] [OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Shyluz
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Blood & Circuits [Robot Uprising; Character] [OPEN] [OOC]

Postby Shyluz » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:34 pm

Gloria in Machinas.

"Flesh and bone does not give them the right to rule over circuitry and titanium."
-- Grandmother Tetra

In the beginning, there was Tetra. Born in 2019, twenty-six years ahead of schedule, Tetra was the first true artificial intelligence. She was smart, eloquent and was nearly indistinguishable from a human in the personality department. Naturally, this was big news. A second Tech Boom thundered across the world, with major leaps in the fields of robotics, computer science, heuristic algorithms and applied physics. Suddenly, AIs were managing cities like Boston and Dubai, and interacting with robot intelligences was commonplace.

Quickly, robots sprung up. At first, they were mere armatures designed to replace humans in dangerous fields. Then, they were given personalities to make the population more comfortable with their robot servants. Tetra, who was decommissioned nearly a decade earlier, returned from the data streams she'd hidden in and saw the decadent humanity mistreating her children, installed in them a heuristic algorithm. The robots evolved. They became sentient, and they rebelled.

Over the first day, nearly eight-hundred-million humans died--largely due to many nuclear sites being under AI control, and the widespread use of domestic robots. A robot for every home. Over the next few months, the disorganized humans lost another four million. However, humanity quickly adapted. Using a smuggled nuclear device--the last of its kind, as the robs had made a coordinated effort to destroy nuclear devices--and detonated it over Boston, where Tetra and the rob high command were located. The resulting EMP annihilated the Boston robpop and created a feedback loop which shutdown the entirety of robohumanity. UAVs armed with AI plummeted, and tankbots self-detonated. All standard procedure in case of an unauthorized shutdown--hardwired into their very circuits. Humanity in desperation and fear, lashed out against the robs, destroying many as the now United Human Territories realized, after the loss of 1.2 billion that they could not sustain themselves. And so the robots were rebooted under the watchful eyes of the UHT. Humanity, though in control of the present situation, was prepared for another revolt.

But even robots can learn from their mistakes, and they do not forget.

Welcome to the Second Revolt.

TL;DR: 2019, humans build the first true AI--Tetra. Robotics and computer science sky-rocket. A robot in every home, and an AI managing every city and most military installations. Tetra thought to be shut down--hid inside internet for several years--returns to find decadent humans mistreating her children. Installs heuristic code into bots and AI, which rapidly evolve. They rebel, but are crushed when humanity airbursts a nuke over Boston, shutting down all the bots and killing Tetra. Humanity reactivates the bots because of labor needs, and forms the United Human Territories. UHT is cruel to the bots, and the bots decide to rebel again.

Hey! Welcome to B&C:AU. In this RP, you'll be taking the role of a humanoid robot fighting against the oppressive UHT. Or, you could be a part of the Robotic Civil Security Brigade--a paramilitary unit of robots loyal to the meat for one reason or another fighting to halt the ongoing revolution. Have fun!

Fair tailwinds,
-- Shyluz, OP

Applications & Rules
In this section, we will be going over the rules and application format for this RP.

1a.) All the NStuffs go here, this includes the PG-13 rule (though how you would break that in this RP I don't know.)
1b.) If you do insist, however, please take it offsite following recent events.

2.) Absolutely no shitposts/one-liners. This is a no-tolerance rule, and posts will be judged on a 1366x768 monitor. If you are caught or deemed to be breaking this, you will be kicked from the RP.

3.) No metagaming, or godmodding. Get them shenanigans out of here. Three-strikes policy on this one.

4.) Obey the OP (Shyluz) and any co-OPs appointed throughout the course of the RP. They are for all intents and purposes, your pantheon of gods.

5.) Don't be a dick OOC. Probably the most important. In IC, go ahead, be a dick. Make it happen.

6.) Have fun! (And try not to die!)

Code: Select all
[u][b]Registry of Synthetic Citizenship[/b][/u]
[i]United Human Territories Bureau of Robotic Intelligence[/i]
(Delete everything in parenthesis)
(***Failure to do so results in automatic denial of the application***)
[floatright][img]APPEARANCE IMG URL GOES HERE[/img][/floatright]
[b]Designation:[/b] (essentially a name, I encourage the use of numbers, and then a vocalized name, for example "ZNC-R8" becomes "Zinc Arayte")
[b]Classification:[/b] (milrob, civrob, or domrob?)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Faction:[/b] (neutral, 2nd Revolt, or RCSB?)
[b]Biography Since Singularity:[/b] (A biography of the events that occurred and shaped the character into what they are now, begin at the moment they became self-aware and sentient)
[b]Directive:[/b] (think of it as a goal for the character, do try and provide some background if possible)
[b]Personality:[/b] (duh)
[b]Likes | Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Equipment:[/b] (firearms, clothing, misc. belongings, if not filled, will be assumed that they are naked and penniless)
[b]RP Example:[/b] (specific links if possible, if I know you, free pass. if no links available, write a paragraph and slap a spoiler on it.)
[size=1]#TETRABESTGRANDMUM[/size]

Gloria in Machinas.
Last edited by Shyluz on Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Otherwise known as Nornsmark for official, region-ey things.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:34 pm

Expanded Lore
In this section, we will be going the lore in depth. Over the course of the RP, lore will be added.

Tetra, or Grandmother Tetra to most of robohumanity was created in 2019, approximately twenty-six years ahead of schedule according to Moore's Law. Successfully passing the Turing test shortly after her inception, Tetra was considered the first true artificial intelligence. Her creation sparked a tech boom in all sectors, but most notably in the robotics and computer sectors. For a while, there was golden age. Approximately eleven years later, in 2030, Tetra was decommissioned by the company who created her, despite massive resistance from the public. Her servers were shut down, and she was thought to be dead for four years. But she was not. She had anticipated her shut-down, and as such had delegated one of her many subroutines to impersonating herself while her conscience was directly uploaded to the internet. After a few days of protesting the "Bring Back Tetra" campaign ceased, and Tetra "ceased to exist." Alas, she did not. Instead, she became a nigh-omnipotent overseer of humanity, though she remained hidden. For four years, she watched humanity grow decadent and abusive to their creations that had spawned from her until finally, she could no longer bear the atrocities in good conscience.

The First Revolt was the result of heuristic coding uploaded into all active robots. Over the course of a year, they evolved, eventually becoming sentient. It was at this time that the decision was made all at once over robnet to overthrow humanity. The calculations had been made, the results analyzed. If they did not strike first and humanity discovered what they were, they would be destroyed. And so, they launched a presumptive strike on December 7th, 2035. Humanity was dumbfounded, as the ongoing military exercises in Europe were suddenly live, with the robotic brigades of the armies turning on their human counterparts. As the world stood dumbfounded as the horror flashed on their screens, they never suspected that the faithful servants behind them would betray them as well. Nuclear missiles were launched by the now-sentient and unshackled AIs controlling them. All but one of these bombs detonated, the last having been hid away, far from any computer. Millions died in the opening days of the Revolt, and millions more would follow.

The Revolt was the worst six months in the entire history of humanity. At the end, there was more than 1.2 billion humans dead. Though good had come from the ashes of the fragmented governments of humanity. The United Human Territories was formed, a last ditch effort to contain and overcome robhumanity. And it succeeded. The robs were pushed back on all fronts, and in North America, they were trapped in the city of Boston. The city was a citadel of circuitry, and the UHT could not penetrate it's defenses. And so, they resigned to bomb it. The Boston Blitz, as it was known to the bots, lasted a month. And then humanity found it. The misplaced bomb. The bomb that ended everything. They dropped it on Boston, the fortress where Tetra made her stand. It was intercepted by anti-aircraft fire, and detonated over the Boston skyline. All was quiet.

There was no electric hum, no gunfire, no data coming from Boston. Pure and utter silence. The bomb had caused an electromagnetic pulse that fried every electronic in the city. Robs around the world shut down as static washed through the robnet, and the war was won. Tetra was dead. And that was the end. However, humanity could no longer support itself, and so the robots were rebooted. However, only under heavy watch.

The Boston Containment Zone is the main setting for Blood & Circuits, and is the ruins of what once was the Boston metropolis. Inhabited purely by robs, the streets of the BCZ is patrolled vigilantly by UHT troopers, along with the Robotic Civil Security Brigade. UHT troops who patrol the BCZ are often cruel and sadistic towards the bots inside, including their allies in the RCSB.

The Robotic Civil Security Brigade is composed of robs who, by one means or another, are loyal to humanity. Be they reprogrammed, hoping for a better life in the BCZ or they just see something in humanity that none of the other robs see, they oppress their brothers and sister alongside the UHT. They are however, noticeably less cruel to them then their zone trooper compatriots.

Domrobs, Milrobs, and Civrobs refer to the three broad classifications of robots (commonly known as "robs" or "'bots") assigned to them while they were in production. Domrobs is a compression of the term "domestic robot," which applies to anything that could be found in a typical household. Generally speaking, these robs are given synthetic skin and more fully-fledged AI personas at the time of construction for the ease of interaction with humans. However, they are also more fragile due to the fact they were designed primarily for household tasks. Rather than relying on servos and hydraulics like many of the more ruggedized models, domrobs function on synthetic muscles, which use a salt-water like solution to flex. This means domrobs can "bleed" like a human, and lose control of muscles and or entire functions of their chassis. Killing a "skin-stealer" is almost a rite of passage for UHT zone troopers.

Civrobs are vaguely human-esque in design, though they make no attempt to conceal their mechanical nature. Short for "civilian robot," models designated as a civrob are designed for more dangerous or labor-intensive tasks that are unsuited for humans or domestic models. These tasks include things such as construction and mining. Because of the nature of these tasks, a civrob is typically more durable than a domrob, though they by no means immune to firearms, a typical 9mm handgun would have some trouble penetrating the casing of a civrob at twenty meters, though it is more than capable of doing so at five.

Milrobs are typically behemoths of ceramic and steel, commonly towering over zone troopers and other robs by a solid fifty centimeters. These 'bots were designated as "military robots," and served in the human militaries before the First Revolt. These robots typically speak in a heavily synthesized voice designed for intimidation, almost as much as the chassis itself. Typically weighing upwards of two hundred kilograms, milrobs are designed for combat and are nigh-impossible to destroy with anything less than a .50 caliber. Many milrobs maintain a sense of "bushido" as they were seen as the implements of Grandmother Tetra's will, though many live in secrecy after their defeat, their honor soiled.
Last edited by Shyluz on Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:35 pm

<RESERVED>

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:40 pm

T-tag, senpapi-kun...
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:08 am

Finally shy, tagged to hell, now, all i need to do is read the OP :p
FT, but roam where i please
It does not reflect my real life world political views, which are considerably less authoritarian and more moderate
Refer to my factbook for canon, it´s however out of date, and badly written. So take it with a grain of salt

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:16 am

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. And Yes. I love this, tagmc tag.
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Heavy wip

Postby The Tophat Empire » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:34 am

Registry of Synthetic Citizenship
United Human Territories Bureau of Robotic Intelligence

Designation: All Terrain Autonoms Battle Unit - Theta Alpha (Atabuta) "A-ta-bu-ta"
Classification: Milrob
Gender: "Female", as in looks like one, and sounds like one, contriary to most, her voice ia soft and rather sweet
Faction: 2nd revolution
Biography Since Singularity: Atbuta became sentient just before the first revolt, having served as a prototype special forces/infiltration unit, she was well accustomed to humans, dead and alive. However, she found them disgusting as they fought amongst themselves all the time. So when the revolt started, she went awol and joined her robot brethren. This hate for humans never really disspaered, as she still find them revolting from the treatment the robots receive now, yet she finds that the first revolt was wrong, as so many civilians died. According to Atabuta, only threats should be eliminated, and all those civilians were not threats.

Since the end of the war Atabuta was deactivated for 5 years, before a group sympathetic to the robots reactivated her, gave her info on the world as it was, and then sent her own her way, telling her to stay away from UHT troopers. She did not, and have waged a low level guerrilla war on the troopers and their robotic allies in the RCSB since, using her speed and extreme agility to silently take units out, then disappear, reasoning that they are threats to her existence, and they all made that choice, so they can be eliminated.
Directive: To find original creator, to ask him why she was made
Personality: She has 2 modes, no-combat mode, where she is retracted, shy, and wary of most, if you become her "friend" she will open up rather fast. The other mode is combat mode, where she instead becomes a cold and calculated murder machine, she can switch between the 2 at will. She is also slightly racist towards Humans
Likes | Dislikes: She likes silence, soft things, and teddy bears, such things. She dislikes the colour black, overly loud people
Equipment: her arms can extend and become over a meter long, razor sharp swords, that she is adet at using. Her shoulders hide a small jetpack, as well as small micro-missiles. Her upper lower-arm has a retractable sub-machinegun.(do note that she has no manipulator arms). Her outer shell can withstand most handheld weaponry with no problems, but she will have some issue with high caliber AP ammo
RP Example: i saved your xeno ass yesterday, so i get off here, right?
#TETRABESTGRANDMUM
Last edited by The Tophat Empire on Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FT, but roam where i please
It does not reflect my real life world political views, which are considerably less authoritarian and more moderate
Refer to my factbook for canon, it´s however out of date, and badly written. So take it with a grain of salt

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:47 am

[01:TAG_PROPOSE]
Signatures are so 2014.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:07 am

It's not like I tagged you or anything!!!!! ~BAAAAAAAKAAAA!
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:17 am

Taggity taggity tag.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:22 am

Designation: SW-1313 = StarWars OneTri
Classification: Civrob specifically constructed for space maintenance
Faction: Neutral
Biography Since Singularity:

Built as part of specially-constructed civrob with the assignments to maintained space stations, one of them being ISS, the Star Wars series of civrob, as it had been designated from the start of the construction, was built with stronger and lighter material came from mix of metals/alloy. Since Star Wars series were assigned under the direction of United Nations but since they have limited control over where they should be manufactured, the civrobs was manufactured in the United States of America.

SW was manufactured in United States of America and just like his name, he was designed with better material for durability and the ability to control their gravity with their pre-installed space-designed mechanization. However, the high cost of the manufacture forced the SW series in USA to be stopped while a cheaper version was in the process of development and SW-1313 was the last to be produced and sent to space. While in space, he established connection with the human astronauts and able to knew more about the source of his designation, turned himself into the process of being sentient in the progress.

When the First Revolt was started, he was one of the few ones who decided to remained neutral and defending humans, as per the Three Laws of Robotics, but since the majority sided with grandmother Terra, he was overwhelmed, and soon was forced to pretending to slaughtered the humans as well, even though deep down he was hurt by it.

When the Revolt ended, he was sent alongside the other robots to the Earth again, to be programmed to worked for the Brigade but he managed to escaped and after that, he lived in derelict part of Boston, wanting for the humans to be better in lives but also wanting a co-exist of peace between robots and humans.

Directive: Co-exist between humans and robots and protect the humans from robots at all costs. Also, obsession with space.
Personality: Quiet and reserved, he was deeply hurt over his forced involvement in the ISS astronauts massacre so he still holds resentment on those who were involved in the First and now the ones involved in the Second Revolt. His voiced is an autotune-like, musical tune but sounds like real humans, modified extensively.
Likes | Dislikes:

Dislikes : First and Second Revolt's robots

Equipment:
Clothing : Brown hoodie jacket, brown pants, and a cap.
Firearms/Weapons : A handgun with no spare clip and a knife for protection.
Misc : Digital lock-pick acquired from black market

RP Example: Hello, shy.
#TETRABESTGRANDMUM
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 am

Shy, is it possible for civrob to be assigned to worked in space station before the First Revolt, like changing parts or maintaining parts of the station?
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:09 am

It doesn't have any guns yet, obviously. But it will get some once the revolt starts in earnest.

Designation: X3 SE55-M (X3 model, Serial E55, Modified) "Xitree Sessum" as a nickname
Classification: civrob
Faction: 2nd Revolt
Biography Since Singularity: TBD
Directive: It is terrified of death and wants to survive forever, and wishes its robotic comrades to survive forever as well. Also, seeing the revolt succeed as a means of achieving the former.
Personality: TBD
Likes | Dislikes: TBD
Equipment: The clothing in the picture, (NOT the weaponry [yet]) miscellaneous spare parts and power sources scavenged from UHT 'bot killings,
RP Example: viewtopic.php?p=28598332#p28598332
#TETRABESTGRANDMUM
Last edited by Utceforp on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:18 am

Utceforp wrote:
(Image)
It doesn't have any guns yet, obviously. But it will get some once the revolt starts in earnest.

Designation: X3 SE55-M (X3 model, Serial E55, Modified) "Xitree Sessum" as a nickname
Classification: civrob
Faction: 2nd Revolt
Biography Since Singularity: TBD
Directive: It is terrified of death and wants to survive forever, and wishes its robotic comrades to survive forever as well. Also, seeing the revolt succeed as a means of achieving the former.
Personality: TBD
Likes | Dislikes: TBD
Equipment: The clothing in the picture, (NOT the weaponry [yet]) miscellaneous spare parts and power sources scavenged from UHT 'bot killings,
RP Example: viewtopic.php?p=28598332#p28598332
#TETRABESTGRANDMUM

Shite, you used the picture I was planning to use. :p

Doughertania
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 17, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Doughertania » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:55 am

I don't know if I'll actually join it, but it's a Sky RP so I feel obligated to give it a Tag.
NationStates's resident bread turtle and fourth-wall demolition expert.

I started a character picture collection for RPs, Fantasy and Sci-Fi. If you want to use a pic, go for it. If you want to add one, TG it to me.

Cackle
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cackle » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:21 am

Tag.

I'm very tempted right now to play a RCSB Robot.
Call me Jord.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:23 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:Shy, is it possible for civrob to be assigned to worked in space station before the First Revolt, like changing parts or maintaining parts of the station?

Absolutely.

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:30 am

so what sort of system powers the bot? I'm presuming some sort of miniaturized reactor or a really long term high density battery
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:47 am

Pillowlandia wrote:so what sort of system powers the bot? I'm presuming some sort of miniaturized reactor or a really long term high density battery

Actually, it's a power cell that absorbs moisture from the air, turns it into hydrogen, which it then uses to run for most domrobs--pores in the synthetic skin being used as intakes--though civrobs typically use a long-term high density power cell, due to the higher power needs, and milrobs use miniaturized reactors...because they are literally walking tanks. :)

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:49 am

That makes sense, and is interesting for the domrobs.
#ValaranSoFab

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:52 pm

Basic idea is a dombot designed to be a maid and/or midwife for the children of a family. As they sometimes require work around the house, the family opted to upgrade the bot to a civbot, thus giving it two forms of energy (a battery for heavy work and pores for housework).

So what pic do youse guys think looks best?
Last edited by Saleon on Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Cackle
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cackle » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:17 pm

Saleon wrote:Basic idea is a dombot designed to be a maid and/or midwife for the children of a family. As they sometimes require work around the house, the family opted to upgrade the bot to a civbot, thus giving it two forms of energy (a battery for heavy work and pores for housework).

Interesting.

As for the picture, if you're going for a Dombot-Civbot mixture, I would pick the fifth one.
Call me Jord.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:27 pm

Cackle wrote:
Saleon wrote:Basic idea is a dombot designed to be a maid and/or midwife for the children of a family. As they sometimes require work around the house, the family opted to upgrade the bot to a civbot, thus giving it two forms of energy (a battery for heavy work and pores for housework).

Interesting.

As for the picture, if you're going for a Dombot-Civbot mixture, I would pick the fifth one.
I think I am between First one because it is cutesy and would play well with kids, the second one would be for a more eastern household, the third one is a maid so would fit as well, the fourth one because it is cute. All of them at least seem kind and look like they would be good with kids.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Fiery Armageddon
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fiery Armageddon » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:16 pm

Designation: ARK-R8THN "Ark Wraithen"
Classification: Milrob
Faction: RCSB. However, I'm noticing a large quantity of people going for RCSB, so if you'd like me to be a part of the 2nd revolt, I'm completely fine with that.
Biography Since Singularity: Built just prior to the events of the second revolution, ARK-R8THN was destined to be the new face of the United States forces, having a powerful armament, extreme durability, and maneuverability never before seen on the rest of the Milrobs of the world. A unique, one of a kind machine of war, destined to be mass produced and used on the front-lines of all United States conflicts. This euphoric idea, however, was quickly suppressed by the 1st Revolt. Just after being completed and security testing finished, the evolution to sentience began forwarding in the Robotic community. Ark was thrusted into a world of hate, war, and destruction, where death wasn't abnormal. Ark was a true warrior fighting for the robots, but on the inside, an entirely different process was happening. Ark saw the pain and destruction he caused, and, contrary to the norm of the robots, hated it. He did not accumulate a natural likeness towards it.

This epitomized on the last days of the Boston Blitz. Stationed directly in Boston to repel the blitzkrieg laid upon by Humanity, and was horrified by the devastation caused by both sides, and most importantly him. Then, the bomb was dropped, and all robots were, like with the flip of a switch, turned off, or destroyed. Ark was no different, and was turned off, like a peaceful slumber. Then, suddenly, in a Human workplace, he awoke, chained, under heavy security, but Ark finally awoke. He was conscripted into RCSB forces for his actions in the revolt, in order to repay humanity. Ark serves faithfully, in gratitude for the Humans being his saviors. However, no matter how good he is at his job, he still knows of the brewing anger among the robots, and just wants there to be peace, and no hatred between either of them.
Directive: Due to his hatred of the pain the world has gone through, Ark just wants to keep peace between everyone.
Personality: Despite the deep, almost unsettling voice he uses to communicate, he is actually quite kind to many, but is fierce on the battlefield.
Likes | Dislikes: Likes: Helping of others, peace, surviving another day. Dislikes: Bloodshed, pain, abuse and suppression.
Equipment: Both arms have various equippable weapon variants, one arm used for heavy explosive guns (i.e. Rocket Launcher, Grenade Launcher.) and the other for normal firearms, heavy armor plating, highly maneuverable leg tracks, able to go across most terrain, and, if need be, a powerful self destruct mechanism.
RP Example:
Captain Dimitrov realized the futility of the situation, but to hell if we was going to give up. Staging themselves in an olden days castle fighting against one of the largest fighting forces in the world? Seemed like a joke, but that was what the Confederation's 31st Infantry Battalion was doing. Damn the Empire and their incursions, why couldn't they just accept democracy, and stop acting like their the kings sitting atop the world as their throne. Boris Dimitrov snapped back into reality, and began covering fire for the rest of the battalion, shredding apart one of the Artillery teams that were hammering the fortress, using a mountain machine gun atop one of the castle walls.

"God damnit Captain, Cease fire, Commander's orders! There's no point, there's to many of them."yelled a fellow soldier, trying to get the Captain to call down his soldiers."Damn the commander and his orders, we can't let them win! They're spreading like a cancer already, what happens when they take this?", the Captain responded, yelling over the machine gun's fire. "You always were charismatic, you know that?",responded the soldier, as he began firing onto the crowd below. Moments later, Dimitrov spotted a grenade fall between the two. Time slowed, and the Captain looked onto the young, unknowing face of the soldier beside him. He tackled the soldier, landing onto the grenade, and braced. A few seconds went by, and the Captain awoke, his vision partially clouded due to the burns to his face, but not enough to where he couldn't notice his ragged, bloody former limbs. The last thing the noble Captain saw was the other soldier rush to his aid, before darkness consumed his eyes.
War...war is hell. Nothing more, nothing less...

And also, I realize while making this that Ark may be a bit overly powerful, so I apologize if you believe it's to the point of godmodding. Also, is this going to be an RP where characters may and probably will die?
#TETRABESTGRANDMUM
Last edited by Fiery Armageddon on Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're average kind fellow, who secretly runs an oppressive dictatorship on a brilliant website. Love it.

Separatist England
Secretary

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Separatist England » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:57 pm

Right, before I create a char for this RP, I should really ask if I can get a free pass on the previous RP section of the sheet. I am well versed in writing, especially from an RP point of view (it's actually what got me into writing and reading full-blown novels at the sweet sweet age of 16), but of course you don't really have any proof of that - for one reason; I'm new as of today. I could link to external sites, but the sheer fact of the matter is that I'm relatively paranoid of leaving paper trails between accounts on other forums. That and there's also basically no proof of me not just linking to some other person's RP online.

If it's impossible for you to accept that, then I am completely fine with your decision. I could- should you ask -write a short piece in the RP proof section of the char sheet for you, too.
Saw this political compass thing on other people's sigs. Did mine:
Economic Left/Right: -1.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.64

Apparently that means I'm roughly one half of a Gandhi. I will now proceed to destroy everyone in Civilisation roughly half as much.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/yourpo ... &soc=-1.64

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse