NATION

PASSWORD

The Golden Ring [Stellaris][Signup][Open][OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Carinya
Attaché

Founded: May 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

The Golden Ring [Stellaris][Signup][Open][OOC]

Postby Carinya » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:36 pm

IC is up!

So, I've been playing an absolute ton of Stellaris lately - I really like it, no matter what anybody else says - and it gave me an idea to do an RP here, on PttM. In this RP, each player will create and control one interstellar empire, which they can create using the Stellaris Species Generator.

TO SUMMARIZE: Your empire is a member of the Golden Ring. In all times, places, and cultures, people are in love with gold - its color, its brilliance, its divine heaviness. Gold tarnishes not, nor does it decay; it symbolizes immortality and purity. The ring represents equality, without top or bottom, head or tail; thus, the golden ring is a perfect symbol for an alliance of many nations. It's a good symbol, because you have to ally yourselves; your empires are surrounded on all sides by potential enemies, and only by unifying can you resist them.

To a certain degree, I want you to go into this "blind;" there's a challenge I want you to overcome as a group and it's best if you come in ignorant of it. I'll give more details once we have our players and our empires. In the meanwhile, feel free to apply! You can put up your export code from the Species creator, and I'll convert it into a picture for you.

Rules:

1. Be nice and pro-social. Listen to me.
2. No god-modding. All your empires are more or less equal.
3. This represents the mature 'mid-game.' You all have between 9 and 13 planets at this point, and there's very little empty space between your borders.
4. Good writing is important. No cheap one-liners or other garbage.

Code: Select all
[b]NS Name:[/b]
[b]Export Code:[/b]
[b]Brief Description of Empire:[/b]
[b]How much time can you commit to this?[/b]
Last edited by Carinya on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carinya
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Carinya » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:36 pm

DRAMATIS PERSONAE:

Last edited by Carinya on Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Carinya
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Carinya » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:01 pm

My app:

NS Name: Carinya

Brief Description of Empire: The Bessadon Union is one of the smallest and weakest states in the Golden Ring. Queen Hask'Gentar Mezak rules their little Empire with justice and benevolence, but under her rule and that of her mother before her the Union has fallen to only seven planets. Bessadon's location - it's very much in the middle of the Golden Ring - is both a strength and a weakness; they ran out of space for expansion 50 years ago and they've been common prey for other nations, but they are thankfully isolated from the larger powers outside the Ring. Because of their central location and their relative weakness, they find it advantageous to play the diplomatic game as much as they can, and planet Bessu is a natural forum for high-level talks.
How much time can you commit to this? A lot, since I'm running this thing.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:19 am

Tag. Considering playing as some variant of the United Nations of Earth.

Carinya
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Carinya » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:56 pm

I just posted an advertisement on the Ad thread. Let's hope people respond to it.

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:08 pm

awesome. tag
This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
The danger is in a particular location... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.
The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours. The danger is to the body, and it can kill. The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.
The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:18 pm

link doesn't work
This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
The danger is in a particular location... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.
The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours. The danger is to the body, and it can kill. The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.
The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Cuprum
Senator

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:53 pm

{"homeworld":"Gaia","currentPlanet":"TROPICAL","portrait":"http://www.stellariswiki.com/images/thumb/6/6e/Human.png/89px-Human.png","selectedTraits":"[\"communal\",\"enduring\",\"decadent\",\"strong\"]","speciesName":"Homo sapiens","star":"Sol","traitPoints":"0","currentGovernment":"divine_mandate","currentWeapon":"Missile Weapons","excludedTraits":"[\"solitary\",\"venerable\",\"very_strong\",\"weak\"]","currentEthos":"{\"xenophobe\":\"xenophobe\",\"militarist\":\"militarist\",\"spiritualist\":\"spiritualist\"}","empire":"Nilfgaard","ethosPoints":"0"}

Carinya
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Carinya » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:56 pm

Hippie Kiwis wrote:link doesn't work

Link works for me.
Cuprum wrote:{"homeworld":"Gaia","currentPlanet":"TROPICAL","portrait":"http://www.stellariswiki.com/images/thumb/6/6e/Human.png/89px-Human.png","selectedTraits":"[\"communal\",\"enduring\",\"decadent\",\"strong\"]","speciesName":"Homo sapiens","star":"Sol","traitPoints":"0","currentGovernment":"divine_mandate","currentWeapon":"Missile Weapons","excludedTraits":"[\"solitary\",\"venerable\",\"very_strong\",\"weak\"]","currentEthos":"{\"xenophobe\":\"xenophobe\",\"militarist\":\"militarist\",\"spiritualist\":\"spiritualist\"}","empire":"Nilfgaard","ethosPoints":"0"}
How about the rest of the application, though?

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:09 pm

Carinya wrote:
Hippie Kiwis wrote:link doesn't work

Link works for me.
Cuprum wrote:{"homeworld":"Gaia","currentPlanet":"TROPICAL","portrait":"http://www.stellariswiki.com/images/thumb/6/6e/Human.png/89px-Human.png","selectedTraits":"[\"communal\",\"enduring\",\"decadent\",\"strong\"]","speciesName":"Homo sapiens","star":"Sol","traitPoints":"0","currentGovernment":"divine_mandate","currentWeapon":"Missile Weapons","excludedTraits":"[\"solitary\",\"venerable\",\"very_strong\",\"weak\"]","currentEthos":"{\"xenophobe\":\"xenophobe\",\"militarist\":\"militarist\",\"spiritualist\":\"spiritualist\"}","empire":"Nilfgaard","ethosPoints":"0"}
How about the rest of the application, though?

I want to have the Image first so i can hace the set complete but anyway...

NS Name: Cuprum
Export Code: Above
Brief Description of Empire: The Empire of Nilfgaard or the Nilfgaardian Empire, also simply known as the Empire or Nilfgaard, is the most powerful empire that dominates the planet of Gaia completly. Its capital is located in the middle part of the Continent and boasts both a thriving economy and a strong, well-trained army with talented commanders. It has expanded mostly through the conquest of foreign planets, which were then turned into provinces of the Empire. The Empire's inhabitants believe that "real" Nilfgaardians are only those born in the heart of the Empire, and not those born in the conquered planets. The Imperial ruling elites pride themselves on their cultural refinement, feeling this is a sign of their continuity with the high society of the Dawn of The Days. Underneath the Imperial citizens, the empure has a massive population of slaves. In the Empire, it is death for a slave to touch a citizen (unless commanded).

How much time can you commit to this?: A nice amount, I hope.
Last edited by Cuprum on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:24 pm

NS Name: Plzen

Export Code:
{"currentEthos":"{\"materialist\":\"materialist\",\"fanatic_individualist\":\"fanatic_individualist\"}","currentFTL":"Hyperspace Travel","currentGovernment":"direct_democracy","empire":"United Nations of Sol","ethosPoints":"0","excludedTraits":"[\"extremely_adaptive\",\"nonadaptive\",\"nomadic\",\"rapid_breeders\"]","homeworld":"Earth","portrait":"http://www.stellariswiki.com/images/thumb/6/6e/Human.png/89px-Human.png","selectedTraits":"[\"adaptive\",\"sedentary\",\"slow_breeders\",\"intelligent\"]","speciesName":"Homo Sapiens","star":"Sol","traitPoints":"0"}

Brief Description of Empire: The United Nations of Sol is a loose collection of various human nations both on Earth and on her colonies. With 11 planets under its theoretical control, the United Nations is a large, but not unusually large, empire stretching across a respectable share of its local area. Although its civil service is frequently paralysed by the demands of the perplexing mechanism of its own government, which is a strange breed of decentralised and direct democracy, the scientific and economic achievements of its populace suggests that its form of government is not as inefficient as it first appears.

How much time can you commit to this? Usually a post per day, at the very maximum two.

Carinya
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Carinya » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:54 pm

Cuprum wrote:
Carinya wrote:Link works for me. How about the rest of the application, though?

Brief Description of Empire: The Empire of Nilfgaard or the Nilfgaardian Empire, also simply known as the Empire or Nilfgaard, is the most powerful empire that dominates the planet of Gaia completly. Its capital is located in the middle part of the Continent and boasts both a thriving economy and a strong, well-trained army with talented commanders. It has expanded mostly through the conquest of foreign planets, which were then turned into provinces of the Empire. The Empire's inhabitants believe that "real" Nilfgaardians are only those born in the heart of the Empire, and not those born in the conquered planets. The Imperial ruling elites pride themselves on their cultural refinement, feeling this is a sign of their continuity with the high society of the Dawn of The Days. Underneath the Imperial citizens, the empure has a massive population of slaves. In the Empire, it is death for a slave to touch a citizen (unless commanded).

I happen to know that your description is taken from Witcher 3. Could I trouble you to write an original one?
Last edited by Carinya on Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carinya
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Carinya » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:02 pm

Plzen wrote:NS Name: Plzen

Export Code:
{"currentEthos":"{\"materialist\":\"materialist\",\"fanatic_individualist\":\"fanatic_individualist\"}","currentFTL":"Hyperspace Travel","currentGovernment":"direct_democracy","empire":"United Nations of Sol","ethosPoints":"0","excludedTraits":"[\"extremely_adaptive\",\"nonadaptive\",\"nomadic\",\"rapid_breeders\"]","homeworld":"Earth","portrait":"http://www.stellariswiki.com/images/thumb/6/6e/Human.png/89px-Human.png","selectedTraits":"[\"adaptive\",\"sedentary\",\"slow_breeders\",\"intelligent\"]","speciesName":"Homo Sapiens","star":"Sol","traitPoints":"0"}

Brief Description of Empire: The United Nations of Sol is a loose collection of various human nations both on Earth and on her colonies. With 11 planets under its theoretical control, the United Nations is a large, but not unusually large, empire stretching across a respectable share of its local area. Although its civil service is frequently paralysed by the demands of the perplexing mechanism of its own government, which is a strange breed of decentralised and direct democracy, the scientific and economic achievements of its populace suggests that its form of government is not as inefficient as it first appears.

How much time can you commit to this? Usually a post per day, at the very maximum two.

Looks pretty much perfect. All I'd ask in addition is where you are in the Ring.

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:12 pm

Carinya wrote:
Cuprum wrote:

Brief Description of Empire: The Empire of Nilfgaard or the Nilfgaardian Empire, also simply known as the Empire or Nilfgaard, is the most powerful empire that dominates the planet of Gaia completly. Its capital landscape is covered by a series of complex pyramid structures that were built millenias ago by the first men and now there are used it for religious and political purposes. It has expanded mostly through the conquest of foreign planets, which were then turned into a stable source of slaves for the Empire. The Empire's inhabitants believe that "real" Nilfgaardians or Pureborn are only those born in the heart of the Empire's main system, and not those born in the conquered planets because they don't posses the true blood of the ancestors, the mix of blood between a pureborn and another race is a taboo in the Nilfgaardian society which can ruin the prestigue and the credibility of a family. The Imperial ruling elites pride themselves on their cultural refinement and their colossal monuments, feeling this is a sign of their continuity with the high society of the Dawn of The Days. Underneath the Imperial citizens, the empure has a massive population of slaves. In the Empire, it is death for a slave to touch a citizen (unless commanded). The Theocrat and his holy order rules the Empire with an iron fist believing that fear and blood is the only thing that maintains the Empire united.

I happen to know that your description is taken from Witcher 3. Could I trouble you to write an original one?

Sure but I like Nilgaard.
Last edited by Cuprum on Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:15 pm

Carinya wrote:
Plzen wrote:NS Name: Plzen

Export Code:

Looks pretty much perfect. All I'd ask in addition is where you are in the Ring.

Near the rimward border, I would imagine.

Carinya
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Carinya » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:18 pm

Cuprum wrote:
Carinya wrote:I happen to know that your description is taken from Witcher 3. Could I trouble you to write an original one?

All right, that'll be fine.

Carinya
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Carinya » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:28 pm

Cuprum wrote:
Carinya wrote:I happen to know that your description is taken from Witcher 3. Could I trouble you to write an original one?

So a thought occurs to me. Your Empire has a "core" of good, high-productivity worlds, and then on the outer rims you have slave planets that you conquered. Are those slaves humans, like you? Are they formerly part of the United Nations of Sol? Or are they aliens?

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:09 am

Carinya wrote:
Cuprum wrote:

So a thought occurs to me. Your Empire has a "core" of good, high-productivity worlds, and then on the outer rims you have slave planets that you conquered. Are those slaves humans, like you? Are they formerly part of the United Nations of Sol? Or are they aliens?

Depends, In the IC i can expand that because there are some Alien species whose characteristics are unknow. The main planet is an Ecumenopolis in the deep core an due to the over population the moons of the sector are also inhabitated, then there is a core and an inner rim with the subjugated planets where the slaves are come from. Can be aliens or humans.
Last edited by Cuprum on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Carinya
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Carinya » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:12 am

Cuprum wrote:
Carinya wrote:So a thought occurs to me. Your Empire has a "core" of good, high-productivity worlds, and then on the outer rims you have slave planets that you conquered. Are those slaves humans, like you? Are they formerly part of the United Nations of Sol? Or are they aliens?

Depends, In the IC i can expand that because there are some Alien species whose characteristics are unknow. The main planet is an Ecumenopolis in the deep core an due to the over poupulation the moons of the sector are also inhabitated, then there is a core and an inner rim with the subjugated planets where the slaves are come from. Can be aliens or humans.

All right. Where are you in the ring? Give it to me in like on a clock, like, 12 o'clock, 3 o'clock, or whatnot, and about how far to the edge. Bessadon is in the middle, and UN-Sol is on the edge at 12 o'clock.

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:26 am

Carinya wrote:
Cuprum wrote:
Depends, In the IC i can expand that because there are some Alien species whose characteristics are unknow. The main planet is an Ecumenopolis in the deep core an due to the over poupulation the moons of the sector are also inhabitated, then there is a core and an inner rim with the subjugated planets where the slaves are come from. Can be aliens or humans.

All right. Where are you in the ring? Give it to me in like on a clock, like, 12 o'clock, 3 o'clock, or whatnot, and about how far to the edge. Bessadon is in the middle, and UN-Sol is on the edge at 12 o'clock.

9 o'clock near the core.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:28 am

STELLLAAAARRRIIIIIISSSSSSSSS

TAG

Carinya
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Carinya » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:40 am

Cuprum wrote:
Carinya wrote:All right. Where are you in the ring? Give it to me in like on a clock, like, 12 o'clock, 3 o'clock, or whatnot, and about how far to the edge. Bessadon is in the middle, and UN-Sol is on the edge at 12 o'clock.

9 o'clock near the core.

Suits me.

I think now is a good time to introduce one of our lead antagonists:

The Valluss Imperium is one of the largest threats to the security and tranquility of the Golden Ring. Their empire is vast, and it is old - and the gears of its state machinery are lubricated by the blood of conquest. The Valluss are ruled by an all-powerful Anointed who leads both state and religion, and they themselves live in opulence and splendor along with a few chosen subjects. They are a minority in their own Empire, though; they sit at the top of the pyramid and teeming hordes of alien slaves support them. The Imperium is a definite menace to its neighbors; it rules 35 planets and its interstellar navy is almost as large as all the Golden Ring's put together, and much better integrated. They are the major threat to the Golden Ring, and demand careful diplomacy to keep them at bay.

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:07 pm

You have a map of the galaxy?

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:39 pm

NS Name: Turmenista
Export Code:
{"homeworld":"Khaara","currentPlanet":"ARID","portrait":"http://www.stellariswiki.com/images/thumb/5/59/Arthropoid_massive_13.png/93px-Arthropoid_massive_13.png","selectedTraits":"[\"rapid_breeders\",\"communal\",\"repugnant\",\"strong\"]","speciesName":"Khaaran","star":"Beta Octavius IV","traitPoints":"0","currentGovernment":"despotic_hegemony","currentWeapon":"Energy Weapons","currentFTL":"Hyperspace Travel","excludedTraits":"[\"slow_breeders\",\"solitary\",\"charismatic\",\"very_strong\",\"weak\"]","currentEthos":"{\"fanatic_collectivist\":\"fanatic_collectivist\",\"materialist\":\"materialist\"}","empire":"Khaaran Stellar Collective","ethosPoints":"0"}

Brief Description of Empire: The Collective is, at times, a rather aggressive and expansionist civilization of the Golden ring, consisting of not only the natives to Planet Khaara, but also the insectoid inhabitants of the neighboring moon on planet Tek, who orbit the same gas giant as Khaara, known as Basin. In a long, grueling war between the races on Khaarans and the Tekkians, the Khaarans reigned supreme, at the cost of millions of lives lost on both sides. After both sides recovered, however, The Khaarans, combining their natural strength and the Tekkians' natural intelligence, formed the Khaaran Collective, otherwise known as the Collective, tasked with documenting other races as peacefully as they can, terraforming and colonizing the various worlds of neighboring systems to expand the population, and, if need be, forming a formidable armada and ground force for defending the Collective and her Colonies. The Collective's ideology changes rapidly, alternating from isolationist, to expansionist, and the like, and the citizens follow a hive mind-like mentality, to some.
How much time can you commit to this? I'm on NS almost daily, either on my phone or computer. I can post more effectively on the latter, but with the many RPs I am in it might be difficult for me to keep up at times, or post, at all. Right now is when I am least busy.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:13 pm

Ohhh steraris! Tag
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse