NATION

PASSWORD

Dark Souls: Heroes of Ashborne Temple (OOC/Signups)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Dark Souls: Heroes of Ashborne Temple (OOC/Signups)

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:10 pm

DARK SOULS

"...But all light must fade, and only darkness will remain..."

IC

The Age of Fire - The Age of Darkness. One will come to and end, replaced by the other for a time. It's a cycle that has gone unchanged since time untold. A flame is sparked, and gods and heroes rise up to bring order, but as with every flame, their power soon fades, and chaos once against grips the world. In some ages, the flame is kept lit longer, and in others the flame is put out by a lord of dark, but in the grand scheme, their decisions mean nothing, as the cycle remains unbroken.

The Kingdom of Djuta is one land that faces the end of The Age of Fire. Its king disappeared, its queen slain, and the heirs nowhere to be found, the leaderless nation has fallen to ruin in the face of the undead curse, and the spread of darkness across the land. From the rolling farmland of Outer Djuta, to the sprawling inner city and Grand Palace, Djuta is a lawless land, gripped by chaos and horror. It is in DJuta that the Undead, branded with the darksign, are herded and imprisoned, to await the end of the world...or go hollow in their wait.

Some Undead will not go hollow, however. Some, daring enough to escape and find adventure and freedom in the land, have a promising future, a possibility to either find riches, or find glory, and, for some, a possibility to fulfill an ancient prophecy.

"Thou who art Undead, art chosen. In thine exodus from the Undead Asylum, maketh pilgrimage to the land of ancient lords. There, the fate of the Undead shall be known."

It is said that, with the coming of the age of fire, a Chosen Undead shall discover the fate of the Undead, and be faced with the decision of the path the world shall take. It can only be done in Djuta, the land of the Ashen Throne, kingdom of the Lord of Cinder, and location of the sparking of the Flame. The Chosen Undead themselves may not know of their destiny. Some do not come to Djuta to fulfill prophecies, but to seek adventure and riches, to pursue personal goals, to fulfill promises, or to find redemption in their actions. No matter their purpose, however, every traveler will find themselves at a bonfire, a never-ending flame endowed with the power of the Lord of Cinder, a symbol of the Gods and their power, and a safe haven from the hollowed undead hordes that plague the land.

It is at one bonfire, found within the crumbling ruins of the ancient Ashborne Temple, that a number of Undead will start their journeys. It is a safe haven, an enclave of camaraderie and order in a land of darkness, and, conveniently, located just within reach for those daring enough to escape the Undead Asylum, or to find themselves landing on the shores of Djuta as explorers.

THE WORLD

Djuta

Djuta, the realm of the Lord of Cinder, seat of the Ashen Throne, is where the undead curse and the encroaching darkness are strongest. Here are found magnificent cities and castles, abandoned to ruin - pristine cliffsides and fields and their sparsely dotted villas and manors, quiet and overrun with monsters. Each region of Djuta holds a secret, an artifact awaiting rediscovery, a part of the prophecy to be fulfilled, and a myriad dangers in between them and the Undead who chooses to go exploring their dark corners.

Ashborne Temple
A safe haven for Undead travellers in Djuta, the bonfire in Ashborne shrine is located within the crumbling walls, in a small depression in the middle of the main area. A spacious, open area surrounds it, overgrowing with grass and dotted with rubble and trees. This cozy little resting spot is a hub of activity for the otherwise lonely and weary heroes that make their way to it.

Signups

Tools to help with the app
Class & Stats
Dark Souls Wiki - Stats

Code: Select all
[spoiler=App Name]
[b]Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Armour & Weapons:[/b]

[b]Background:[/b]

[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[align=center][u][b]Stats & Class (50+ free points to add to your class stats - this does not 100% determine what a character can and can't do, but should give a general idea of how well they handle themselves. Attunement Stat not used for this RP):[/b][/u][/align]
[size=120][b]Class:[/b][/size]
[b]Vitality:[/b]
[b]Endurance:[/b]
[b]Strength:[/b]
[b]Dexterity:[/b]
[b]Resistance:[/b]
[b]Intelligence:[/b]
[b]Faith:[/b]

[b]Short RP example:[/b]
[b][i][u]#PraiseTheSun[/u][/i][/b][/spoiler]

Under Development
- Working on a way to use the stat system from DS1 with 7 attributes for character powers. This will be more for general reference, and will not be 100% indicative of what a character may pull off. OP goes on "rule of common sense."

- Locations and areas to be encountered later along in the adventure
- Unique enemy and "boss" concepts.
- Rebalance Katanas

Last edited by Torsiedelle on Sun May 08, 2016 12:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:11 pm

Apps

Torsiedelle
Nation Name: Torsiedelle
Character Name: Sir Nico
Sex: Male
Appearance: Knights ho!
Armour & Weapons: Elite Knight Armor. He favors a standard longsword and crest shield, and his estus flask, along with various small trinkets such as binoculars.

Background: Sir Nico, the undead prince, was a loyal and valiant knight of the Kingdom of Artoli, located off the southeastern coast of Djuta. Artolia, a land of maritime merchants and artisans, lived in fear of the undead curse, which was not uncommon within the island's larger ports, contrary to what one would think. Nico himself was sympathetic to the Undead, and often employed well-regarded sorcerers and healers to look into the curse, though to no avail. Nico did know that it had to do with Djuta, the ancient land to the west, but to what extent was unsure.

Being branded with the Darksign, Nico was shocked. He did not let it get his spirits down, however, and the Prince continued to lead his people and serve faithfully. Behind closed doors, his intentions to bring an end to the curse only became greater.Announcing it to his people before leaving, Prince Nico left Artoli by way of merchant vessel, and landed on the shores of Djuta alone, with nothing but his armor, his heirloom sword and shield, and a small assortment of provisions to stay him over. He knew not where to go for answers, but he did have one idea of where to start looking. Overlooking the royal city, atop a menacing mountaintop, the Undead Asylum was where many less-fortunate undead were sent to await the end of days. If there was anyone there who could assist him, Nico was willing to help, and if there was nobody, then he would at least feel good in freeing countless fellow undead.

Strengths: Nico is wise. He's also level-headed, practical, and willing to help fellow undead in their adventures. On the combative side, Nico is skilled with a longsword, and can claim to be a precise shot with a longbow, though other types of ranged weapons fumble him up. He is proficient in handling smaller two-handed swords, but prefers his own longsword from Artoli. In times of darkness, Nico tries to maintain a positive and friendly attitude.

Weaknesses: Nico places a great weight on himself, and aims for the absolute best in his endeavors. He may come off as arrogant or cold, despite his fondness for others and his desire to help. He simply cannot accept failure. Nico is also reckless in fighting, and prefers brute force and heavy attacks to more agile and fluid movements.

Stats & Class (50+ free points to add to your class stats - this does not 100% determine what a character can and can't do, but should give a general idea of how well they handle themselves. Attunement Stat not used for this RP):

Class:
Vitality:25
Endurance:23
Strength:23
Dexterity:20
Resistance:15
Intelligence:9
Faith:11

Short RP example: Anything in PL...yeah.

New Aksarben
Nation Name: New Aksarben
Character Name: Theobald the Scholar
Appearance: Dark haired, tall, with pale skin from spending more time inside than out. His eyes are vivid green and inquisitive, and his hair tends to be scruffy and long. He has a scar across one eye akin to a burn from some event he chooses to not talk about, but it doesn't impair his vision at all. He's large gaunt and spindly, not imposing in the least, but surprisingly quick.
Armour & Weapons:
Armor: Sorcerer's Outfit of the Vinheim School
Weapons: Sorcerer's Catalyst, Dagger.
Misc: Spellbook, currently with Soul Arrows, a magic shield and a minor version of a healing spell. Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring

Background: Theobald is from the ancient Vinheim Dragon School of Sorcery. He grew up there, lived there, and was sure he was going to end up dying there, engrossed in some study or another. He was happy with this life however, as he was raised to be inquisitive and curious in all things, always desiring knowledge and to know more. Magic was always a prime subject for the Sorcerer and Scholar, especially the more mysterious and ancient kinds. Vinheim specialized in soul magic, but Theobald had found something decidedly more ancient than even Vinheim's study within their libraries. Stories that sounded like they were from another world, and distant distant lands.

He had come upon tales of ancient worlds and the mysterious darksign. As he read the hypotheses for what exactly the Darksign is and was, and where it came from, the Scholar found himself curious about the land mentioned as the current home for the undead, Djuta. A land of the dead seemed preposterous. Ludicrous. Silly. But he had always heard the stories that anyone found with a Darksign would be sent to these lands to get them out of more proper society, and many chose self imposed exile over staying anyway.

As he slept that night, Theobald found himself waking up in a cold sweat after nightmares too horrible to describe, but awoke to found one was all too real. Somehow during the night he ended up branded with the Darksign. He knew his life in Vinheim was effectively over, so in the dead of night he packed his things, wrote a note to those who may come looking for him, and said a final goodbye to his home. He was headed for the land of Djuta while he was still sane. He wouldn't let himself die and dessicate before he got a chance to study those ancient stones and lands of this distant land of the dead.

Strengths: Smart, intelligent, calm, and observant. He's skilled in magic due to age and experience, but not as much in a combat setting before coming to Djuta. He's a dexterous and fast, and very quick on his feet and quick of thought.
Weaknesses: a bit cold and distant, and reluctant to talk about himself and share any burdens he may have. He believes himself strong enough to survive and deal with his own problems. He also keeps any sort of issue he has with others to himself. Doesn't have any respect for those who have no brains behind their brawn.
Stats & Class (50+ free points to add to your class stats - this does not 100% determine what a character can and can't do, but should give a general idea of how well they handle themselves. Attunement Stat not used for this RP):

Class: Sorcerer
Vitality: 16
Endurance: 10
Strength: 10
Dexterity: 15
Resistance: 10
Intelligence: 40
Faith: 16

Short RP example:You know me, Torsii, but if you want one I'd be happy to provide ^^

Cybraxia
Nation Name: Cybraxia
Character Name: Eastern Paladin Ishikawa / Ishikawa the Pursuer / ISHIKAWA THE IMPLACABLE
Appearance:
Raven Knight Armor
Under Armor:
Old Crow Outfit
When out of armor he occasionally wears a Kasa.

Armour & Weapons:
Weapons:
  • Claymore
  • Avenger's Uchigatana: This Uchigatana burns with fury towards those who would do harm to the weak.
  • Curved Parry Dagger: An odd dagger seemingly designed to be used to parry. There is an ashy residue on its handle.
Armor:
  • Raven Knight Armor
  • Old Crow Outfit (Japanese-styled robe + other accessories)
Misc
  • Ronin Ring
  • Crow's Ring
  • Estus Flask

Background:
Originating from the far east, Ishikawa was once a revered warrior, fighting to protect a township from forces of the Abyss. After one such battle, Ishikawa succumbed from an Abyssal Blade, later reawakening as an undead. Fearing for his safety now that he had been tainted, Ishikawa became a traveler, searching for a way to remove this affliction from himself. In his travels, he had helped many people and learned many techniques in controlling his new Abyssal Abilities. Eventually, he arrived in the Kingdom of Djuta, and upon seeing that it was a lawless place, joined forces with a local covenant, the Order of Corvus, to help bring law back to the savage kingdom.

Those who have met him have likened him to a paladin, a warrior who cares much for law and goodness. And as a fitting gesture, Ishikawa has taken to the title, and has adopted the style of the western law-bringers, that being claymore and shield. Although it works well for him, he still admits that his burning uchigatana is his preferred weapon.

Strengths: Is well liked by almost all birds of the Corvus family; Tainted by the Dark, he is able to use some darkness abilities, but he does not like it;
Weaknesses: Tainted by the Dark, as such, he must struggle to keep it in check lest he get consumed by it;

Class:Knight
Vitality: 18
Endurance: 41
Strength: 17
Dexterity: 17
Intelligence: 12
Faith: 11

Short RP example:
A more recent example.

Character Name: Trusty Patches
Appearance:
Armour & Weapons:
Black Leather Set (minus headgear)
Winged Spear
Eagle Shield

Background:
"Sit down, and have a chat with me, Trusty Patches! The One and Only. That you know of at least, heehee. Although, first, are you a cleric? No? Good. I can't stand them. Personal reasons, mind you. I've had a bad history with clerics. Now, I'd love to regale you of how I came to Djuta, of my heroic exploits here, and of my trustworthiness, but that could go on for hours! (Hehehe) Instead, I'll merely say a few words upon myself. As I've said, I'm Trusty Patches! I have been known, in the past, to be not as upstanding as I am now. But those days are far gone, friend! All thanks to my jolly friend here Ishikawa! He has set my feet on the straight and narrow, and I've promised to him that after I help bring order back to Djuta, that I'll set up a merchant's guild to help get the people back on their feet! Mark my words. Now if you have the time later, I'll be glad to talk to you about my saving of Ishikawa and my battle against the Chieftain Yurt, oh and not to mention-... Oh, maybe later then!"

Strengths: He's kinda convincing... kinda...
Weaknesses: He's pretty obvious after the first betrayal, and when Ishikawa is around he can't get away with anything. Of course, if the mark has any brains, they'd see through him too.

Class: Bandit
Vitality: 33
Endurance: 32
Strength: 18
Resistance: 11
Intelligence: 9
Faith: 10

Short RP example: Already done

Relikai
Nation Name: Relikai
Character Name: Izumo Kaga
Sex: Female
Appearance: Izumo Kaga
Armour & Weapons:

Eastern Cloth Archer Garb
- White Yukata
- Black Leather Muneate
- Short Blue Skirt

Longbow
Arrows
Shortsword
Dagger

Background:
The daughter of a samurai from the lands of the Far East, Kaga was born into the Izumo family of warrior-priests, where sons are sent to be trained as soldiers, and daughters bred to be fine women for clan diplomacy. Kaga experienced a tough childhood of strict discipline and education, with the males often physically abusing her for her lack of womanly grace. By the time she reached fifteen, Kaga has learnt how to serve, cook, and brew exotic teas. Molded into a capable courtier worthy to be married into a nobleman's family, there was only one thing left to do before someone approached the family for her hand.

Secretly the Izumo family sought to breed children who may be blessed with magic. Kaga was one of the finest in the bloodline over many generations, a genius in their eyes, but was unfortunately quite untouched by magic. Because of this, she was frequently abused and allowed to be targeted by rival gangs, with the condition that they keep her chastity intact for the night after marriage. One day when she reached the age of sixteen, while resting after being beaten to the point of unconsciousness, Kaga felt a tug on her sleeve, a slave boy giving her a herbal drink. Kaga learnt that she is to be sold to a neighboring clan to be wed to an abusive man, who had his eyes on her the first time they met. Refusing to let herself be bound to such a life, Kaga escaped with a set of weapons and clothing, aided by the slave boy, who managed to grab a coin purse before fleeing.

Kaga's joy was short-lived, when she kidnapped by group of bandits, and the slave boy beheaded in front of her. While the bandits marveled her exotic features, they refrained from touching her for fear of any hidden powers she may bear. Ultimately, Kaga was rescued by a group of rangers who raided the slave camp where she was transported with dozens of other children. Brought up by the rangers, Kaga learnt the basics of hunting and archery, as well as some swordsmanship. It was here that the courtesan Izumo Kaga was molded into a young adventurer, independent and ready to take on the bigger world.

Good things do not last, however, as Kaga was forced to get her first human kill. A bandit who tried to rape her while she was skinning a deer in the forest, Kaga realised that she bore a mark after her kill, a sign recognised as the Darksign by the elders. Retrieving her equipment, Kaga bade her guardians farewell and left upon realising what she had to do. Traveling with caravans and merchants as a guard, Kaga sought to reach a place where she might find a way to break her curse, and perhaps find some glory to redeem her honour.

Strengths: Trained in ranged weapons, Brave, Clever, Very dextrous.

Weaknesses: Weak in hand-to-hand combat, unable to lift heavy items, often quiet among men.

Stats & Class :

Class: Hunter
Vitality: 15
Endurance: 16
Strength: 12
Dexterity: 45
Resistance: 13
Faith: 14

Short RP example: AceCombatRP_Yuria

#PraiseTheSun

Naval Monte

Nation Name: Naval Monte
Character Name: Yuria of Carim
Sex: Female
Appearance: Very pale skin, dark blue hair that looks black with blue eyes. She is short with a slim and athletic body. Her hair is a messy and shoulder-length.
Armour & Weapons: Armor: The Chester set. However the top hat does cause the person to grin as it isn't the same on that Chester wears.
Weapon: Twin scimitars, parry dagger and sorcerers’s catalysts.
Misc: An old dingy scroll and spell book, knows dark beads spell, estus flasks, normal and poison throwing knives, dark wood grain ring and bellowing dragoncrest ring

Background: Yuria hails from the dark and reportedly somewhat sinister land of Carim located north west to the cursed lands of Djuta. As an orphan with no one to raise Yurai became a a wandering thief, going from town to town to steal what she can in order to live. During one attempt she tried to steal from a leader of a mercenary company and while she did manage to steal a few coins from them she was ultimately found by the mercenary. Most were ready to punish the young thief for her theft but the leader of the company instead choose to make her work for forgiveness and for her to earn her freedom back, all the while keeping the fact that they wanted to use the young girl's talents.

For most of her life Yuria was taught not only how to fight but when the mercenary company befriend a thieves guild they had her refine her skills to become an even more valuable member of their team, as the years grew Yurai found what became the closet to be family for her. During one mission that the company was hired for they were tasked on hunting down a scholar who possessed a series of forbidden artifacts. The company chose to have Yuria be the first to enter and it was in her stealth mission that she found both the scroll and tome that told her both about magic and of dark magic.

Staying loyal to her company she eventually return back and told them most of the relics that the mad scholar has while keeping the scroll and book for herself. The more she read the book in her free time the more she began to be plagued by nightmares of a strange land she never heard off, the book made her search for more tomes about magic and other ancient mysteries find answers, a sudden shift that made most members of the company worried. During victory on a major battle Yurai snuck out from the people who were both comrades and family when she found a darksing on her flash. Not wishing to see them force her off she left with only a small note saying good bye.

For many years Yurai became a wanderer doing many odd jobs just to get enough money to sustain herself and learn one spell from the old scroll that she still has. In her travel she finally found the cursed lands of Djuta. Now in Djuta she is determined to find the secrets of the darksign to find a cure for herself, learn more about the dark magic in the scroll and book and leave with whatever riches she can get from Djuta.

Strengths: Smart, intelligent, cunning, and resourceful. Yurai is a dexterous and fast warrior who is quick with her blades and is quick to get into fights and leave. While fast on her feet her mind is able to keep up with her body and while she never received formal education on magic she is smart enough to teach herself the art of magic. Yuria is ambitious and pragmatic, able to see when something is good for her or not and with her ambition she has the drive to keep on going regardless of whatever challenges stand in her way. When combat isn't an option she prefers to use more sociable and guile ways to deal with her more human enemies.

Weaknesses: Yurai can be considered crazy to some people due to her eccentric behavior and can even by somewhat mistrustful. Yuria prefers to be on the offense and to dodge enemy attacks than to play defense. Yurai likes to use fast combos, magic and parry's and as such will rarely use heavy attacks unless she is forced too. Her own ambition can make that if someone is getting in the way of her goal she will become hostile. Yurai loves messing with people and this can even go with her traveling companies which can range from jokes to flirts, as long as she gets a reaction she is happy.

Class:Wanderer
Vitality: 15
Endurance: 20
Dexterity: 22
Resistance: 14
Intelligence: 22
Faith: 12

Short RP example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=366930
#PraiseTheSun

Tinfect
Nation Name: The Imperium of Tinfect
Character Name: Rennen
Appearance: Lanky and gaunt, naturally tanned skin made pale by a lack of sunlight. Hair is black, and medium-short, crudely cut so as to keep it out of the way, but hardly maintained otherwise.
Armour & Weapons:
Armour:
[If you don't know what a particular piece is, look it up.]
Ruined Sallet [Heavily Rusted, rended slightly in some areas.]
Ruined Knight's Armour [Consists of a Plate Cuirass, and Spaulders. All Rusted and lightly rended. Also a chainmail suit in equally poor state.]
Ruined Knights Leggings [Consists of basic Greaves, and the rest of the Chainmail suit, all in poor shape.]
Ruined Knight's Gauntlets [Gauntlets, obviously. Again, poor shape.]

Weapons:
Khopesh [Again, look it up, if you are still confused, it's basically a lesser Shotel. Acquired off some mercenaries after an extended stint in a prison.]

Background: Was once a lower-class noble. Or the son of one, he doesn't quite remember, and it doesn't really matter all things considered. Bought himself a lesser knighthood, and set off in the King's army to bring honour and glory to his family name. Happened to be cut down with the rest of the Group when foreign mercenaries flanked the army mid-battle. Got up after the fact, and attempted to make his way back into the Kingdom. It was during this attempt that his condition was first detected by a band of clerics. He has spent most of his days since then, dodging clerics, or escaping whatever cells they leave him to rot in.

His wanderings have led him far over the years, specifically, to Djuta, as though drawn in by some instinct, or perhaps merely because it was the only place that didn't have wandering bands of clerics to dodge.

Strengths: Knows his way around most weapons, short of Rapiers, and anything over half his size. His travels have left him with quick reflexes, and a fair knowledge of anything that might be used to his benefit.

Weaknesses: Master of no weapons, as he has been unable to keep any constants due to loss, breakage, or it simply being confiscated during a stay in a prison. Isolation due to him being Undead, and some particularly nasty experiences with the desperate denizens of Undead Prisons have left him somewhat distrustful of others. Hates clerics, and the particularly pious, with a burning passion.

Class: Wanderer
Vitality: 20
Endurance: 20
Strength: 18
Dexterity: 20
Resistance: 17
Intelligence: 18
Faith: 8

Short RP example:
Pretty much anything in the GA Subforum
And a quick little now-dead RP between myself and a buddy of mine.
#PraiseTheSun
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:38 am, edited 12 times in total.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:11 pm

-reserved-
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Cybraxia
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cybraxia » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:21 pm

Tagging.

Do you have a covenant in place for invading the "Guilty" players?

I personally have a couple ideas (One being that this covenant be Black Phantoms instead of blue). Additionally, how many characters are we alloted? For the time being, I'll assume one, although if we are allowed more, I might be this version's Patches (hue hue hue)

Represented in the WA by:
Ambassador General Flash Quint
General Peter Van Doorn
Lieutenant Major Glenn Friendly
"When an entire world changes, there are no innocent bystanders. Only those who turn the wheels and those who let them be turned."

— Doug Fetterman

Chronically Ignored
Nation takes inspiration and is based on many things:
Mega Man
Ghost in the Shell
X-COM
Eclipse Phase
And others!

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:25 pm

Cybraxia wrote:Tagging.

I personally have a couple ideas (One being that this covenant be Black Phantoms instead of blue). Additionally, how many characters are we alloted? For the time being, I'll assume one, although if we are allowed more, I might be this version's Patches (hue hue hue)

I'd be comfortable with one or two until things get going. Two seems like a safe number. As for covenants? Actually been thinking about that. Help would be appreciated, as this is still a work in progress, with some world aspects. A Darkmoon & Darkwraith style covenant would definitely be there, though, as well as Sunbros, Followers of the Dark, and maybe one or two other groups.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Cybraxia
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Cybraxia » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:32 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:
Cybraxia wrote:Tagging.

I'd be comfortable with one or two until things get going. Two seems like a safe number. As for covenants? Actually been thinking about that. Help would be appreciated, as this is still a work in progress, with some world aspects. A Darkmoon & Darkwraith style covenant would definitely be there, though, as well as Sunbros, Followers of the Dark, and maybe one or two other groups.

Perfect. I had an Idea for a character that could be near the top of the JUSTICE oriented Covenant.

How about "The Order of Corvus"? Associated traits would be (obviously) Crows and Ravens and Black Phantoms.

Anyways, first character will be a member of this covenant.

General Peter Van Doorn
"When an entire world changes, there are no innocent bystanders. Only those who turn the wheels and those who let them be turned."

— Doug Fetterman

Chronically Ignored
Mega Man
Ghost in the Shell
X-COM
Eclipse Phase
And others!

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:35 pm

Crows & Ravens work, too, since I wanted to work Velka in somewhere.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:02 pm

Tag for posterity

Not sure what char I'll play yet, though definitely a sorcerer.
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:34 pm

addendum, you figured out any sorcerers schools for this world yet? if not I was thinking of one with draconic themed things for one?
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:41 pm

New Aksarben wrote:addendum, you figured out any sorcerers schools for this world yet? if not I was thinking of one with draconic themed things for one?

Was thinking of magic schools from DS 1 & 2, but I got nothing. Never really got into magic in Dark Souls, so if you'd want to take a crack at magic bits, then I'm behind it. I trust you'd do a good job.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:45 pm

Tagged for interest.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:26 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:
New Aksarben wrote:addendum, you figured out any sorcerers schools for this world yet? if not I was thinking of one with draconic themed things for one?

Was thinking of magic schools from DS 1 & 2, but I got nothing. Never really got into magic in Dark Souls, so if you'd want to take a crack at magic bits, then I'm behind it. I trust you'd do a good job.

Oh, in that case I could just make it an iteration of the Vinheim school, which would work perfectly ^^
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:33 pm

Vinheim! That's the name! Forgot that bit. Vinheim would be good. A sorcerer would be useful.

I, myself, am considering a character from the Far East...I miss my old Seven Samurai idea. :rofl:

I might, anyways. One character is good. I just plan to whisk others along and lend a hand
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:36 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:Vinheim! That's the name! Forgot that bit. Vinheim would be good. A sorcerer would be useful.

I, myself, am considering a character from the Far East...I miss my old Seven Samurai idea. :rofl:

I might, anyways. One character is good. I just plan to whisk others along and lend a hand

Vinheim's shown up often, plus it is called a dragon school :p
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:38 pm

Is it easy to catch on ? I havent played DS, but this might be interesting.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:40 pm

Relikai wrote:Is it easy to catch on ? I havent played DS, but this might be interesting.

It's easy enough. Dark Souls lore is wide open, and what is known about the world is easy enough to understand.

However, I can't explain much right now. Sleep time.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:40 pm

Relikai wrote:Is it easy to catch on ? I havent played DS, but this might be interesting.

It's easy enough. Dark Souls lore is wide open, and what is known about the world is easy enough to understand.

However, I can't explain much right now. Sleep time.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Cybraxia
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Cybraxia » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:46 pm

I'll finish my first app tomorrow, but I almost have it done. Then I just need to do an app for Patches.

General Peter Van Doorn

— Doug Fetterman

Chronically Ignored
Mega Man
Ghost in the Shell
X-COM
Eclipse Phase
And others!

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:56 am

Nation Name: New Aksarben
Character Name: Theobald the Scholar
Appearance: Dark haired, tall, with pale skin from spending more time inside than out. His eyes are vivid green and inquisitive, and his hair tends to be scruffy and long. He has a scar across one eye akin to a burn from some event he chooses to not talk about, but it doesn't impair his vision at all. He's large gaunt and spindly, not imposing in the least, but surprisingly quick.
Armour & Weapons:
Armor: Sorcerer's Outfit of the Vinheim School
Weapons: Sorcerer's Catalyst, Dagger.
Misc: Spellbook, currently with Soul Arrows, a magic shield and a minor version of a healing spell. Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring

Background: Theobald is from the ancient Vinheim Dragon School of Sorcery. He grew up there, lived there, and was sure he was going to end up dying there, engrossed in some study or another. He was happy with this life however, as he was raised to be inquisitive and curious in all things, always desiring knowledge and to know more. Magic was always a prime subject for the Sorcerer and Scholar, especially the more mysterious and ancient kinds. Vinheim specialized in soul magic, but Theobald had found something decidedly more ancient than even Vinheim's study within their libraries. Stories that sounded like they were from another world, and distant distant lands.

He had come upon tales of ancient worlds and the mysterious darksign. As he read the hypotheses for what exactly the Darksign is and was, and where it came from, the Scholar found himself curious about the land mentioned as the current home for the undead, Djuta. A land of the dead seemed preposterous. Ludicrous. Silly. But he had always heard the stories that anyone found with a Darksign would be sent to these lands to get them out of more proper society, and many chose self imposed exile over staying anyway.

As he slept that night, Theobald found himself waking up in a cold sweat after nightmares too horrible to describe, but awoke to found one was all too real. Somehow during the night he ended up branded with the Darksign. He knew his life in Vinheim was effectively over, so in the dead of night he packed his things, wrote a note to those who may come looking for him, and said a final goodbye to his home. He was headed for the land of Djuta while he was still sane. He wouldn't let himself die and dessicate before he got a chance to study those ancient stones and lands of this distant land of the dead.

Strengths: Smart, intelligent, calm, and observant. He's skilled in magic due to age and experience, but not as much in a combat setting before coming to Djuta. He's a dexterous and fast, and very quick on his feet and quick of thought.
Weaknesses: a bit cold and distant, and reluctant to talk about himself and share any burdens he may have. He believes himself strong enough to survive and deal with his own problems. He also keeps any sort of issue he has with others to himself. Doesn't have any respect for those who have no brains behind their brawn.

Class: Sorcerer
Vitality: 16
Endurance: 10
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 40
Faith: 16

Short RP example:You know me, Torsii, but if you want one I'd be happy to provide ^^
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

Cybraxia
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Cybraxia » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:41 am

Character Name: Eastern Paladin Ishikawa / Ishikawa the Pursuer / ISHIKAWA THE IMPLACABLE
Appearance:
Raven Knight Armor
Under Armor:
Old Crow Outfit
When out of armor he occasionally wears a Kasa.

Armour & Weapons:
Weapons:
  • Claymore
  • Avenger's Uchigatana: This Uchigatana burns with fury towards those who would do harm to the weak.
  • Curved Parry Dagger: An odd dagger seemingly designed to be used to parry. There is an ashy residue on its handle.
Armor:
  • Raven Knight Armor
  • Old Crow Outfit (Japanese-styled robe + other accessories)
Misc
  • Ronin Ring
  • Crow's Ring
  • Estus Flask

Background:
Originating from the far east, Ishikawa was once a revered warrior, fighting to protect a township from forces of the Abyss. After one such battle, Ishikawa succumbed from an Abyssal Blade, later reawakening as an undead. Fearing for his safety now that he had been tainted, Ishikawa became a traveler, searching for a way to remove this affliction from himself. In his travels, he had helped many people and learned many techniques in controlling his new Abyssal Abilities. Eventually, he arrived in the Kingdom of Djuta, and upon seeing that it was a lawless place, joined forces with a local covenant, the Order of Corvus, to help bring law back to the savage kingdom.

Those who have met him have likened him to a paladin, a warrior who cares much for law and goodness. And as a fitting gesture, Ishikawa has taken to the title, and has adopted the style of the western law-bringers, that being claymore and shield. Although it works well for him, he still admits that his burning uchigatana is his preferred weapon.

Strengths: Is well liked by almost all birds of the Corvus family; Tainted by the Dark, he is able to use some darkness abilities, but he does not like it;
Weaknesses: Tainted by the Dark, as such, he must struggle to keep it in check lest he get consumed by it;

Class:Knight
Vitality: 18
Endurance: 41
Dexterity: 17
Faith: 11

Short RP example:
A more recent example.
Last edited by Cybraxia on Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

General Peter Van Doorn

— Doug Fetterman

Chronically Ignored
Mega Man
Ghost in the Shell
X-COM
Eclipse Phase
And others!

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:28 pm

Oh shit, son. I like'em both. Accepted.

I always enjoy Eastern Characters. Anyways, I need to beef up my own app now.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:32 pm

So we got a noble knight, an eastern warrior, and a logical scholar in our group so far.

hopefully more join, I'm looking forward to seeing variety people come up with
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:19 pm

New Aksarben wrote:So we got a noble knight, an eastern warrior, and a logical scholar in our group so far.

hopefully more join, I'm looking forward to seeing variety people come up with

I'm thinking of an Eastern Archer, need time to app ;)
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:25 pm

Hmmm... I was thinking of making some lore for a distant nation that my character will come from.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:26 pm

The Carlisle wrote:Hmmm... I was thinking of making some lore for a distant nation that my character will come from.

Do it :D
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast