NATION

PASSWORD

Athena: Fall of Europe (OOC | Closed-ish)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should chars be able to have psychic or cybernetic augmentations?

Yeah! Sounds cool and can only add to the plot.
39%
No. Determination, sweat and blood against other-worldly horrors is the way to go.
32%
Just psychic.
2%
Just cybernetic.
22%
I have my own input and will post my thoughtful ideas in the OOC.
5%

Total votes : 41

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:52 am

Unified Free Lands wrote:Damn I meant to get my apps up by the time the IC came out.

I'm just not sure what I want my characters to be like and right now I have zero motivation to make up a decent backstory

If you'd like, I can help you with that.

(Which goes generally - I love char creation.)
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Shyluz
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:11 pm

And so it begins.
Otherwise known as Nornsmark for official, region-ey things.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:52 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Unified Free Lands wrote:Damn I meant to get my apps up by the time the IC came out.

I'm just not sure what I want my characters to be like and right now I have zero motivation to make up a decent backstory

I could use some help making a sniper I'm having a block.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:56 pm

New Strausberg wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:

Emotional detachment and mental scars, since, 'y'know... sniper.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:06 pm

Anowa wrote:
New Strausberg wrote:

Emotional detachment and mental scars, since, 'y'know... sniper.

So cliche. :p
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:09 pm

New Strausberg wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:

Sure thing. TG me any specific things you're stuck on and I'll lend a hand.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Unified Free Lands
Senator

Founded: Jul 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Free Lands » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:14 pm

Meh, I'll have my other character up another time. I'm bringing back Bastian Vanek but I want to give him a more interesting backstory.

Class / Role:Assault/Psychologist
Name: Anka Jezdimirovic
Experience: Some Foreign Legion training
Height and Weight: 6'1, 166
Appearance:
Appearance
(It's also noteworthy that she has a dragon sleeve tattoo on her right arm)
Bio: Anka was born in Belgrade, Serbia, to parents that had lost almost everything in the Yugoslav conflicts all those years ago. That didn't stop Anka from overachieving, though, as she used her combination of book smarts and street smarts to get by, setting up a business selling stolen goods when she was in high school. She went from stealing cheaper electronics to taking jewelry and more expensive items, and she made enough money to pay others to do the work for her. By the time she was 18, she had made enough to pay for part of her tuition to go to UC Berkley, in the United States, majoring in political sciences and minoring in psychology. Unfortunately, a complete and utter inability to focus on schoolwork led to Anka's grades dropping severely once she reached college and was faced with more challenging things in school. She barely did well enough to stay at school, but when she was nineteen years old, she decided to call it quits and move to France, enlisting in the Foreign Legion with hopes of getting French citizenship(by spilled blood). The training was tough, and even though Anka was doing well in the physical part of training, she still wasn't able to focus and this led to her not making the cut. Athena, however, contacted her later and offered her a job, which she quickly accepted.
Personality: She's a sociopath, definitely, but that's not really apparent. Nobody truly knows Anka except for herself, not even her close family and friends. She's more extroverted than introverted, but she still has a hard time staying with friends because of her lack of emotion and empathy for others. She believes strongly in decisiveness, and she's extremely competitive(one of the reasons she has a hard time making friends), and on the D&D personality scale, she would probably be a chaotic neutral.
Weaknesses: Undiagnosed ADHD, not good at hand to hand combat, (very) socially awkward. In addition, she's bi but keeps this a secret, to varying degrees of success, adding to her awkwardness.
Skills: Intelligence despite finding it hard to focus. And street smarts.
RP Example: I made one of the RPs this is based on, so...
Likes: Serbia, Russia, psychology, winter, alcohol, athletics, music
Dislikes: Cal, Kosovo, heat, schoolwork, Germany
Hobbies: Athletics, traveling, photography, shooting things
Theme Song: What else were you expecting?
Discipline: 3
Devotion: 5
Riskiness: 7
Languages Spoken: Serbian, Russian, English but not fluently
Tastes: Anything from back home, as in Serbia and the greater Balkans area
Voice: This here
Family: Her parents are back in Serbia, she doesn't have any siblings to speak of

EDIT:

I feel like she might not be suited to assault because of her ADHD, I might switch the class to pilot
Last edited by Unified Free Lands on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Here lies a bad OP.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:17 pm

After spending a bit of time searching for milspec exo-suits, I came across something fantastic.

Suddenly, I have a strong urge to make Artem a demo, if it's acceptable. Or, a new char. Likely one of the nine.
Last edited by Shyluz on Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otherwise known as Nornsmark for official, region-ey things.

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:25 pm

Remove kebab: The app? :P
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Unified Free Lands
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Free Lands » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:26 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Remove kebab: The app? :P

I was actually originally going to put the Remove Kebab song as the theme song XD
Here lies a bad OP.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:26 pm

I'm not sure, but ADHD might be worse for prospective pilots than prospective assaulters.
mumblemumblemumble

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:31 pm

Unified Free Lands wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Remove kebab: The app? :P

I was actually originally going to put the Remove Kebab song as the theme song XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y1eAhcjFjY
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Unified Free Lands
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Free Lands » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:32 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:I'm not sure, but ADHD might be worse for prospective pilots than prospective assaulters.

I dunno, with piloting you have a co-pilot and autopilot for some stuff also, but I imagine it'd be pretty troublesome if you have to shoot someone in the face and you can't hold the rifle still.
Here lies a bad OP.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:34 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:I'm not sure, but ADHD might be worse for prospective pilots than prospective assaulters.

I dunno, with piloting you have a co-pilot and autopilot for some stuff also, but I imagine it'd be pretty troublesome if you have to shoot someone in the face and you can't hold the rifle still.

That's...not what ADHD is. That sounds more like parkinsonian tremors.
mumblemumblemumble

Unified Free Lands
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Free Lands » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:40 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Unified Free Lands wrote:I dunno, with piloting you have a co-pilot and autopilot for some stuff also, but I imagine it'd be pretty troublesome if you have to shoot someone in the face and you can't hold the rifle still.

Eh, from what I know there's multiple kinds of it, those who suffer from the more hyperactive kind have a hard time staying still.
Here lies a bad OP.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:43 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:

Eh, from what I know there's multiple kinds of it, those who suffer from the more hyperactive kind have a hard time staying still.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention_deficit_hyperactivity_disorder#Signs_and_symptoms wrote:An individual with hyperactivity may have some or all of the following symptoms:[36]

• Fidget and squirm in their seats
  • Talk nonstop
  • Dash around, touching or playing with anything and everything in sight
  • Have trouble sitting still during dinner, school, doing homework, and story time
  • Be constantly in motion
  • Have difficulty doing quiet tasks or activities

That sounds to me like the person would always be running around, but have the capability to keep the weapon pointed at the target.

And if it were so bad that the person couldn't, I don't see how they could be assigned to frontline combat of any kind.
mumblemumblemumble

Unified Free Lands
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Free Lands » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:52 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Unified Free Lands wrote:Eh, from what I know there's multiple kinds of it, those who suffer from the more hyperactive kind have a hard time staying still.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention_deficit_hyperactivity_disorder#Signs_and_symptoms wrote:An individual with hyperactivity may have some or all of the following symptoms:[36]

• Fidget and squirm in their seats
  • Talk nonstop
  • Dash around, touching or playing with anything and everything in sight
  • Have trouble sitting still during dinner, school, doing homework, and story time
  • Be constantly in motion
  • Have difficulty doing quiet tasks or activities

That sounds to me like the person would always be running around, but have the capability to keep the weapon pointed at the target.

And if it were so bad that the person couldn't, I don't see how they could be assigned to frontline combat of any kind.

Yeah, I guess I was talking more about the situations where soldiers have to wait and be still for a long period of time like an ambush, but that would probably be more of a sniper's problem than an assault class problem.
Here lies a bad OP.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:02 pm

Unified Free Lands wrote:Yeah, I guess I was talking more about the situations where soldiers have to wait and be still for a long period of time like an ambush, but that would probably be more of a sniper's problem than an assault class problem.

I see your point. :P That would definitely be a pain.
mumblemumblemumble

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:25 pm

ADHD on a sniper would never fly, nor on a pilot.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:35 pm

Just saw the thing about Brussels being the place to retreat to... oops :p

Crap post is crap, will change later, but it's something
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Pan Asian Amercian Coalition
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan Asian Amercian Coalition » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:42 pm

[Class:Rocketeer
Name: Edgar Allen-Montgomery
Experience: WA National Guardsman, 3 years. ATHENA Operative, 5 years.
Height and Weight: 6", 180lbs
Appearance: From his official Nat'l Guard records. Strong, athletic build. Small scar on this right temple.
Short Bio:
Born and raised in the American Pacific northwest, Edgar was raised in a suburb of Tacoma with his two sisters. Being the oldest, Edgar was the first to leave for college and pursue a degree in mechanical engineering. To help pay for his expensive education, especially considering that his four year younger sister was taking the same math classes he was taking in high school in 7th grade, he signed up for Reserve duty. Seeing his money would not hold out, he transferred to full time military while he worked on his degree towards the side.
Weaknesses: Easily tires in the heat, hates flying, and can be abrasive in conversation. His familial situation is a massive sore spot, and it is best not to mention it.
Skills: Extremely good shot with most varieties of heavy weaponry and remains calm no matter what. Good listener, licensed SCUBA diver and has a MS in Mechanical Engineering.
RP Example: Really old
Sorry if these kinda suck, I haven't been in to many RPs.

Likes: The military, tanks, history, tanks, tragic literature, Russian novels, video games, Godzilla movies, the internet, science, imperialism, cartoons of all nationalities, soviet propaganda posters, metal/rock music.
Dislikes: Internet web filters, the stock market, people who talk too much, deserts, cheap mustard, extraterrestrials, hippies, the color pink, sea anemones, pandas, poetry.
Hobbies: Enjoys coffee art (foam and paper), skiiing, scuba diving and drawing.
Theme Song: Three Days Grace - Time of Dying
Discipline: 7
Devotion: 10
Riskiness: 8. Has a tendency to attempt 'trick-shots', such as skipping rockets off the ground and is far to 'trigger happy' with hand grenades.
Languages Spoken: English. Can say "I apologize" is seven languages.
Tastes: Takoyaki, soba, spaghetti and meatballs, fried squid, pickles, vegetables, sloppy joes, and artisanal hotdogs. Favorite: steamed Chinese pork buns. Doesn't drink alcohol.
Voice: Sounds extremely similair to the vocalist.
Family: Two younger sisters; Isobelle Allen-Montgomery (18) and Melanie Allen-Montgomery (16). Whereabouts of both is unknown.
Personality: Haughty, abrasive, and a with a few loose screws, although is quieter than he used to be. He is completely honest regardless of situation, never says he can do something when he can't, and has a frankly bizarre sense of humor. Edgar has been compared to a "social landmine, that sits there until some poor mother{REDACTED} steps on it. Great fun if you're thick skinned, and loyal to the point of idiocy." Results of personality test.

I'm Back!
"Scientia viam libertatis "...................................................................................... ///I take my realism with cream and sugar///
MT/Near Future. Mechs, Railguns, Jet VTOLs, Etc.
Factbook under construction. Nat'l Anthem
Humanist Demi-Socialist Technocractic Militant Democracy. Quite a mouthfull, ain't it?
The End of Oil.------Tank otaku. Panzer is my passion!
XCOM Alphabet
Rupudska wrote:
Pan Asian Amercian Coalition wrote:Nice to see that this is back.

You are impressively slow.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:44 pm

Hey Pan.
mumblemumblemumble

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:46 pm

I feel like an Old man, seing all these old characters.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:48 pm

Vancon wrote:I feel like an Old man, seing all these old characters.

Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Pan Asian Amercian Coalition
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan Asian Amercian Coalition » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:53 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:Hey Pan.

How are you, Tilt?

Vancon wrote:I feel like an Old man, seing all these old characters.

They called us the old breed. Huh. Most of us weren't even out of our twenties...
-Sgt. Roebuck, CoD WaW

EDIT: I can't into english
Last edited by Pan Asian Amercian Coalition on Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Scientia viam libertatis "...................................................................................... ///I take my realism with cream and sugar///
MT/Near Future. Mechs, Railguns, Jet VTOLs, Etc.
Factbook under construction. Nat'l Anthem
Humanist Demi-Socialist Technocractic Militant Democracy. Quite a mouthfull, ain't it?
The End of Oil.------Tank otaku. Panzer is my passion!
XCOM Alphabet
Rupudska wrote:
Pan Asian Amercian Coalition wrote:Nice to see that this is back.

You are impressively slow.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse