NATION

PASSWORD

Tales of Two Horizons OOC-Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:12 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:Fuck no. I'm dumping those to whoever can give me the best offer. Asia is a giant no-go area for me.

Entonces, plata o plomo? :p

Give offer. Current standing offer is most of the British Carribean, British Uruguay and help in liberating colonies plus Panama after Colombia and Venezuela are reallocated.

Unless you offer Cali, and like all the tea in China, I doubt there's anything you can offer.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The imperial canadian dutchy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:19 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Senkaku wrote:

Give offer. Current standing offer is most of the British Carribean, British Uruguay and help in liberating colonies plus Panama after Colombia and Venezuela are reallocated.

Unless you offer Cali, and like all the tea in China, I doubt there's anything you can offer.

>Spanish
>Tea
>Not the blood of Heretics
e

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:22 pm

The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:

>Spanish
>Tea

Even the Spanish can be brought away from the crooked path.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:23 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Terminus Alpha wrote:
gib cuba

U wot m9. Cuba's mine, stick to your landmass and trying to get Louisiana.

I pay good price 4 cuba
RP Interests: Alt-Hist, Space, 20th Century onward.
In the process of becoming a History teacher.
Center-Left-Libertarian | "Dirty filthy hippie"
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:23 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:

>Spanish
>Tea

We're not Romania, we aren't vampires. We don't drink blood.

Besides, we also have the Inquisition to keep doing that. They also double-up as a secret police.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:24 pm

Terminus Alpha wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:
U wot m9. Cuba's mine, stick to your landmass and trying to get Louisiana.

I pay good price 4 cuba

I want Florida.

The imperial canadian dutchy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:25 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Terminus Alpha wrote:I pay good price 4 cuba

I want Florida.

You want the Garbage bin/Dick of America?
e

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:28 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
I want Florida.

You want the Garbage bin/Dick of America?

Yes, because then I can use it as a staging point for my invasion of the rest of Hesperia.

Also, me any Kry (Catalonia) were having the PoD for stuff in Iberia back in the War of the Castillian Succession which ends in a Castillian defeat, as that's the only logical place for a indie Catalonia to emerge that we could find, which conflicts with Hesperian history.

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:34 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:You want the Garbage bin/Dick of America?

Yes, because then I can use it as a staging point for my invasion of the rest of Hesperia.

Also, me any Kry (Catalonia) were having the PoD for stuff in Iberia back in the War of the Castillian Succession which ends in a Castillian defeat, as that's the only logical place for a indie Catalonia to emerge that we could find, which conflicts with Hesperian history.

If Hesperia is willing, we can simply change it to an Iberian succession feud instead. It probably wouldn't change the history beyond that at all.

Krugmar
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krugmar » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:39 pm

Application

Name: Foreign: The United Emirates of Aden - Preferred: al-Yaman - Local: Alyaman - Full: Almuttahidat Al'iimarat Alyamanīyah
Symbols: Flag
Claims: 85
Power: Vassal State - Uncivilised

Government Structure: Split into seven Emirates, each extremely autonomous and only following the guidance of the ruling Imam as a sort of guideline. The Emirates are:
1- Emirate of Aden (Traditionally holds the Imamate) - Held by the Qasimid Dynasty
2- Emirate of Sanaa- Held by the Hamidid Dynasty
3- Emirate of Dhala - Held by the Amirid Dynasty
4- Emirate of Shihr and Mukalla - Held by the Quiati Dynasty
5- Emirate of Seiyun - Held by the Kathirid Dynasty
6- Emirate of Qishn - Held by the Afrarid Dynasty
7- Emirate of Socotra - Held by the Afrarid Dynasty
Ideology/Policy:
Leaders: Emir of Aden and Imam of the Zaydis: Al-Mansur Ali II (Full name: Al-Mansur Ali bin Abdallah bin Ahmad bin Ali bin Abbas al-Qasimi)
Emir of Sanaa: Yahya Muhammad Hamid ed-Din
Emir of Dhala: Musa`id ibn al-Hasan al-`Amiri
Emir of Shihr and Mukalla: Abdullah bin Omer Al Quaiti
Emir of Seiyun: Ghalib ibn Muhsin al-Kathir
Emir of Qishn: Ahmad ibn Sa`d Afrar al-Mahri
Emir of Socotra: Ahmad ibn Sa`d Afrar al-Mahri (same as above)
Capital City: Aden

Population: 1.5 Million (A guess, from crunching down a bit on populstats 1900 figures)
Primary Ethnic Group: Qahtanian Arabs
Minority Ethnic Groups: Adnanite Arabs, Yemenite Jews, Afro-Arabs, Yemenite Persians
Description of Ethnicity: The difference between Qahtanian and Adnanite Arabs is miniscule, being only a point of pride for those obsessed with bloodlines and 'true Arabs'. The Yemenite Jews are a large and generally well treated minority. Afro-Arabs have been immigrating to Yemen for several hundred years, while Yemenite Persians are a mix of Persians and Yemeni Arabs brought about by the 'Persianisation' of Islam by the Abbasids.
Language: Arabic
Religion: The majority religion is Shia Islam, with a heavy percentage of the population following the Zaidi sect. There is also a large population of Sunni Muslims who are accepted (due to the Mamluk Caliphate interference) but unwelcome. Settlements of Christians and Jews also exist, protected under law as Dhimmi's.

Foreign Relations: Foreign policy is handled by the Mamluks, and is therefore identical. If Yemen (somehow) becomes independent I'll update this.
Military Information: The army is a complicated business, in that it is technically six separate armies that merges into one national force.
Army Size: The Imam's Guard (Alzydi al'imam alharas) - 2500 Zaidi Fanatics, relatively well trained, considered the 'elite' of the Yemeni army.

Army of Alyaman - 22,500 men, relatively poorly trained and equipped, though Aden and Sanaa boast the better troops.
-Aden Brigade - 5,625
-Sanaa Brigade - 5,625
-Dhala Brigade - 3,750
-Shihr and Mukalla Brigade - 1,875
-Seiyun Brigade - 1,875
-Qishn and Socotra Brigade - 3,750

Navy Size:

Alyaman Navy - Out of date, understaffed, mainly used to combat pirates.
-Aden Flotilla
--1 Ship of the Line (Victory of the Prophet)
--3 Frigates
--11 Smaller Warships
-Socotran Flotilla
--6 Frigates
--14 Smaller Warships

Economic Policy: Each Emir follows his own policy, but they all boil down to trade with attempts to push trade through their capital cities to varying degrees of success. Industrialisation has been slow in richer areas such as Aden and Sanaa, and non-existent in poorer areas, such as northern Yemen and Qishn.
Economic Situation: The Emirates of Aden and Sanaa are relatively rich, due to wealth flowing from the Red Sea, though the eastern and northern areas of Yemen remain poorer and held back by an adherence to old caste systems and distrust of foreigners.
Infrastructure: The cities of Aden and Sanaa are relatively built up, with foreigners investments helping to establish early factories and set up universities. The east remains a remnant of an older time, though the capital cities of the Emirates tend to be wealthier and possess more infrastructure than the surrounding areas.
Imports & Exports: Exports: Coffee, dried and salted fish
Imports: Food and live animals, machinery and equipment (Factories).
Currency: Yemeni rial

History: Pre-1454 - Normal Yemen History
1454-1620: The Tahiride Dynasty rules Yemen, though they are constantly plagued by attacks by Zaidi Imams and Arabic tribes who refuse to conform to their rule. A Mamluk trader is murdered in 1619 and relations with the nearby and powerful Mamluks, who have been clamouring for an excuse to invade, break down
1620-1627: The Tahiride Sultan is overthrown after a long and protracted war and is betrayed by the Zaidi tribesmen he fled to. His cousin strikes a deal with the Mamluks, control over Yemen in return for vassalship. Yemen surrenders in 1627 and is converted into an Emirate, the new emir is forced to convert to Sunni Islam as a stipulation of the treaty.
1627-1640: The Tahiride Emir, Ali al-Dduef ibn Abdullah faces revolt from his former subjects and is unable to rule the province effectively. The Mamluks refuse to give him aid, citing his inability to rule as punishment from God, though in reality they are agitated over the lack of reparations being repaid. The Zaidi Imams declare war against the Emir, joined by the Shi'ite populace, while the Sunni minority back Ali. The Zaidi are unorganised and unable to defeat Ali, despite his weakened position. The reigning Imam of the Zaidi is killed in an ambush, and his successor, Al-Mu'ayyad Muhammad of the Qasimid family, was able to turn their fortunes around. Through careful planning and expert diplomacy he was able to convince the Mamluks to back him, despite his Shi'ite faith, and organise his army. Ali was quickly overthrown and Al-Mu'ayyad instituted sweeping reforms, giving the local rulers sovereignty as Emirs, while retaining suzerainty over them through his religious title of Imam.
1640-1832: Little happens of interest, several small scale civil wars occur between angry emirs, tribesmen revolt occasionally, Mamluks behead a particularly bad emir.
1832: Ali bin Abdallah comes to the throne, taking the name Al-Mansur Ali II. He is known as a particularly courageous general with a brilliant mind for reform, intent on turning Yemen into a glbal power. a decadent womaniser who seeks only the pleasures and luxuries of life without a care in the world for his duties.
Miscellaneous: Arabic names are difficult, I still don't really get them. Oh well.
RP Example: 1884: The Age that Never Was
Last edited by Krugmar on Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Liec made me tell you to consider Kylaris

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:43 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Senkaku wrote:

"Plata o plomo" means "silver or lead".

You just picked lead. :p
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:

Try and take what it rightfully Britannia's. Chinese Barbarian.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:50 pm

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Senkaku wrote:

Try and take what it rightfully Britannia's. Chinese Barbarian.

The Song Dynasty will rule all under Heaven.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:56 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Liecthenbourg wrote:Try and take what it rightfully Britannia's. Chinese Barbarian.

That'll be nothing then, as I see no 'heaven' in this life.

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:56 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Liecthenbourg wrote:Try and take what it rightfully Britannia's. Chinese Barbarian.

Inb4 I help Britain to equip literally all Indian men with Dreyse guns and sending all Indian kids into the factories in order to build ammunition.
Returned Nationstater -- You can leave Nationstates but Nationstates won't leave you.
Call me Jon, John, or Johnny, Jonathan or Jonnyboy, tJS and Jonathanian, with "states" or without.
This nation doesn't really represent my views and sarcasm is awesome.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:00 pm

The Jonathanian States wrote:
Senkaku wrote:The Song Dynasty will rule all under Heaven.

Inb4 I help Britain to equip literally all Indian men with Dreyse guns and sending all Indian kids into the factories in order to build ammunition.

By the time you get all of that set up, India will already be overrun by rebels, Chinese troops, and possibly the alien starship that is due to arrive in the 2040s. :p

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:03 pm

Senkaku wrote:
The Jonathanian States wrote:Inb4 I help Britain to equip literally all Indian men with Dreyse guns and sending all Indian kids into the factories in order to build ammunition.

By the time you get all of that set up, India will already be overrun by rebels, Chinese troops, and possibly the alien starship that is due to arrive in the 2040s. :p

Implying China can feed a large-enough army on an Indian campaign when it can apparently barely feed itself. I'm sure the Indians will have much fun setting fire to the Mekong Delta and all that rice.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:07 pm

The Jonathanian States wrote:
Senkaku wrote:The Song Dynasty will rule all under Heaven.

Good.

The Dominoes fall.

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:08 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Senkaku wrote:By the time you get all of that set up, India will already be overrun by rebels, Chinese troops, and possibly the alien starship that is due to arrive in the 2040s. :p

Implying China can feed a large-enough army on an Indian campaign when it can apparently barely feed itself. I'm sure the Indians will have much fun setting fire to the Mekong Delta and all that rice.

Why would the Chinese be unable to feed their army, exactly?

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:09 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:

Why would the Chinese be unable to feed their army, exactly?

I believe Lunas may be inferring that from when you said that you needed to attack Nusantaran-whereverlandistan for more farmland.

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:10 pm

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Senkaku wrote:Why would the Chinese be unable to feed their army, exactly?

I believe Lunas may be inferring that from when you said that you needed to attack Nusantaran-whereverlandistan for more farmland.

I said it would be nice, not that I needed to. Less reliance on the Mekong for imports.
Last edited by Senkaku on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:11 pm

Senkaku wrote:Why does Mali have the best gun tech in the world? I would imagine their main trading partner is the Mamluks (salt'n'gold caravans ftw), and the Europeans are all just barely sitting on the coast.

Other than that, I'd like to see a more detailed history.

Edit:

On a different subject, let me be clear- the Song will likely end up going to war against Nusantara. Both for political reasons in the court, and because it was going to happen sooner or later since there's nearly half a billion Chinese who kind of need more farmland.

Not here, you didn't :P

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:13 pm

If China doesn't suffer from a lack of food or a bad navy, then why haven't they just conquered Asia already? I mean, it's not like anyone could actually stop them but themselves, considering they have exactly no weaknesses bar a politically-hobbled command structure, but that doesn't matter when you can just throw more men than the enemy has shot into the war.

Cyrisnia
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrisnia » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:29 pm

Application

Name: Kingdom of Scandanavia
Symbols: Flag
Coat of Arms
Claims: Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Greenland, Jan Mayern, Parts of Canada, Faroe and Aland Islands
Power: Secondary Power

Government Structure: Absolute Monarchy
Ideology/Policy: Moderate on most aspects. The King decides all.
Leaders: King Adolphus III
Capital City: Stockholm

Population: 5.5 Million
Primary Ethnic Group: Swedish/Danish/Norwegian ,Polar Bear
Minority Ethnic Groups: Sami, Icelandic, Inuit
Description of Ethnicity: Mainly Scandanavian based. The rest live in territories overseas or in Iceland.
Language: Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Sami, Icelandic, Greenlandic, Inuit ,Polar Bear
Religion: Protestantism, Minorities of Animism

Foreign Relations: Has full diplomatic relations with most European and North American countries. Also Brazil and some Middle Eastern ones.
Military Information:
Army Size: 57,000 Soldiers. Most of them infantry and skirmishers. Some artillery and cavalry.
Navy Size: 309 ships in total.

Economic Policy:
Economic Situation:
Infrastructure:
Imports & Exports: Fish, Timber, Furs,
Currency: Krone

History:
Miscellaneous: I like bears.
RP Example: I made a Mount and Blade: Warband RP. I've participated in other RP's as well.
Last edited by Cyrisnia on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R E D L E G S

【BORN TO ABOLISH】
SOUTH IS A F**K
鬼神 Kill Em All 1859
I am free man
410,757,864,530 DEAD REBS

Jaslandia
Minister

Founded: Aug 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jaslandia » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:52 pm

Call me Jaslandia or Jas, either one works
This nation (mostly) represents my political views.
Factbook
Puppets: Partrica, New Jaslandia, Kasbahan
Pro: Regulated Capitalism, Two-state solution, nice people, Nerdfighteria, democracy, science, public education, rationalism, reason, logic, politeness, LGBT rights, feminism, UN, Democratic Party

Anti: Religious extremism/fundamentalism, terrorism, dictatorship, oppression, hatred, bigotry, racism, homophobia, anti-Semitism, conspiracy theories, Stalinism, theocracy, social conservatism, corruption, Nazism, Vladimir Putin, Republican Party

In-between: Religion, socialism, Barack Obama

RP Population: 675,000,000

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse