NATION

PASSWORD

Depths of Space (IC, OPEN, FT)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The United Tributational Territories
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Tributational Territories » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:53 pm

The Not so Hidden Valley wrote:
The United Tributational Territories wrote:OOC: It's not like the other ships round the Silver Scythe don't have all angles on my ship. Let's continue with the story.

OOC: I think it would be on some dark alleyway or maybe a exhaust port someplace hard to find.

IC: King Yodalf contacted the royal court telling them he and his party were alright and were attached to the ship.
" Sorry that your negotiations did not go as planned sire"
" It's fine the UTT does not want our help apparently"
" Sire we would recommend you would leave as not to provoke them."
" No I will try to talk with them again but I want the Fleet ready to jump in a moments notice."

OOC: The ship's exhaust ports aren't Death Star level, and it's not a city, it's a flagship with civilian apartments and shops. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
The Silver Scythe received a message from the Elves.
Dec 3, 2016 10:21:48 GMT -7 The Tributational Territories said: I'm an illegal immigrant Dec 3, 2016 10:29:24 GMT -7 Hakketomat said: And a cuddly one

I like space, basketball, politics, and hip hop music. Your average 15 y/o white guy.

Economic Left/Right: 1.0 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.21

Originally, the Nation did reflect my political views, but I'm trying to move it into a Corrupt Dictatorship, because what's the fun in a successful nation?

The Not so Hidden Valley
Envoy

Founded: Mar 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Not so Hidden Valley » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:59 pm

The United Tributational Territories wrote:
The Not so Hidden Valley wrote:OOC: I think it would be on some dark alleyway or maybe a exhaust port someplace hard to find.

IC: King Yodalf contacted the royal court telling them he and his party were alright and were attached to the ship.
" Sorry that your negotiations did not go as planned sire"
" It's fine the UTT does not want our help apparently"
" Sire we would recommend you would leave as not to provoke them."
" No I will try to talk with them again but I want the Fleet ready to jump in a moments notice."

OOC: The ship's exhaust ports aren't Death Star level, and it's not a city, it's a flagship with civilian apartments and shops. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

HOW???!!! It;s physic unless you a specifically searching for someones mind you can't tell if there is physic communication is going on unless you are physically present!

OOC: sorry if i'm ranting this is just very aggravating. :oops:

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:02 pm

Spindle wrote:Eris blearily opened her eyes. Where was she? She was on a four-poster bed, lying on top of the blankets with her dress on, splaying around her like a puddle. Why was she here? Where was here?

The memories hit her and she sighed deeply. Oh, yes. This was the Imperator’s Might, wasn’t it? That meant she probably had things to do today, so she dragged herself off of the bed and wandered over to an ornate brass mirror hung up on the wall and appraised her appearance.

She was an absolute mess. Her raven-black hair, normally cascading down her back or side luxuriously, was clumped and matted, half-piled over her left shoulder while her eyes were sullen and tired and her dress was heavily creased. She suppressed a yawn, before going to look for a shower of some kind. Unfortunately, her accommodations were enormous and it took her a full five minutes to find the right room and slip inside, slipping off her clothes and stepping into the shower. The jet of hot water pounding on her back was pure ecstasy, driving away the thoughts she was having about home and simply filling her mind with endless bliss. She didn’t know how long she spent under that waterfall before she reached for the shampoo bottle she had taken in with her and began rubbing it into her hair and scalp, feeling her hair beginning to loosen up and run down her back again. Finally, after finishing her hair and spending another eternity under the torrent, she turned the shower off and stepped out, wrapping a towel around her body for privacy’s sake. Which was marginally ridiculous, she knew, since she was the only person here, but she did it anyway.

She found her trunk and opened it up, bringing out the dresses and their hangers, snapping the hangers out to their full size and sliding the dresses on before hanging them in her wardrobe and moving onto the shoes. Within ten minutes she had emptied the trunk and Eris brought out her watch and checked the time. Quarter past eleven? But she’d entered the Imperator’s Might at half nine and couldn’t have spent more than an hour roaming the ship, so...she’d spent thirteen hours sleeping?

Well, that couldn’t be helped. She’d just have to apologise to the Imperator for being late when she next met him. She glanced at the dress she had picked out for today. It was sleeveless and a deep, verdant green, much like Eris’ eyes, but it had a small, black, hydra motif over the left breast. Eris sighed again. She knew all of the dresses that had been packed would have the hydra somewhere, but sometimes it felt too...pervasive. As if it was always watching her. Admittedly, that was probably the point, but she still didn’t like it.

She finished towelling herself off, slipped into her underwear and slid into the dress, feeling it hug to her body like a lover. She felt the ghost of a smile pervade her features. Yes, it would do nicely.

Pacing over to a small workstation at one end of the room, Eris lightly tapped it to wake it up, feeling thankful that the Taari had decided to give it a recognisable script as opposed to the glyphs on the numberpad. One notice flashed at her, a whole-ship transmission she had missed as she slept. She opened it and felt colour finally being to return to her face as it played. A ball? She knew how to do those.

She turned back to the room. She had some preparations to complete...

The Imperator's Might
Capital Dreadnought of All Remnant Fleets
The Taari Armada / Remnant

Imperator Vorr was somewhat excited. The ball was tonight, his people had new allies, and things were looking up for the Remnant. Who knows? Perhaps through Spindle, the Taari Empire could be reborn! Imperator Vorr smiled at these pleasant thoughts to himself. He was walking to Lady Eris' room, to remind her of the ball as well as to... be polite. Imperator Vorr knew she would probably be uncomfortable, even at a party, with no one she knew surrounding her. He knocked on the door.

"Lady Eris. It's Imperator Vorr. I wish to speak with you. It concerns the ball.", he said simply. He sounded confident, and happy. The Imperator had no reason not to be, then again. Imperator Vorr folded his arms infront of him, silently waiting for Lady Eris to finish whatever it was she was doing to come answer him, being extremely patient... which was abnormal for him. But he didn't care.

Meanwhile, elsewhere on the Imperator's Might, Admiral Lyson didn't leave, yet. He was scheduled to return to his command ship the next cycle, and so he would be there for the ball. Lyson growled to himself as he continued replaying the first contact, and all. Lyson ground his teeth together, as if sharpening them to bite someone's head off. And he knew exactly who's head he'd take, if he could. Lyson almost smashed the holoconsole he was sitting at in his quarters, instead denting the wall.

"Gods be damned Xenos! Don't they see? This... this xeno filth just wants to destroy us from within! All Xenos are disgusting evil filth! You may have the favor of the Imperator now, Lady Eris, but the very moment he no longer favors you, I will personally throw you out the airlock like the filth you are!", he raged to no one in particular. He was alone in his room, preparing for the ball. No one heard him, and the rooms were usually soundproof. Lyson continued growling to himself, his eyes having a murderous glare at the image of Lady Eris.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Tributational Territories » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:04 pm

The United Tributational Territories wrote:OOC: The ship's exhaust ports aren't Death Star level, and it's not a city, it's a flagship with civilian apartments and shops. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

HOW???!!! It;s physic unless you a specifically searching for someones mind you can't tell if there is physic communication is going on unless you are physically present!

You told me that you were going to talk to me again, it can be a mental message.
This can and should all be done in the ooc, and if you think I'm not going to be clear on something CLARIFY.
Dec 3, 2016 10:21:48 GMT -7 The Tributational Territories said: I'm an illegal immigrant Dec 3, 2016 10:29:24 GMT -7 Hakketomat said: And a cuddly one

I like space, basketball, politics, and hip hop music. Your average 15 y/o white guy.

Originally, the Nation did reflect my political views, but I'm trying to move it into a Corrupt Dictatorship, because what's the fun in a successful nation?

The Not so Hidden Valley
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Not so Hidden Valley » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:10 pm

You told me that you were going to talk to me again, it can be a mental message.
This can and should all be done in the ooc, and if you think I'm not going to be clear on something CLARIFY.

I posted it.

IC:
"sir should we try to contact the UTT again?"
" Maybe, but they might try to blast us. No we will wait til they have cooler heads."

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:26 pm

Eris froze when the tap came from the door. Her eyes flickered to the watch still lying on the bedside cabinets. It was time, so she had a shrewd idea who stood behind the door and when the voice filtered through she smiled slightly.

"Lady Eris. It's Imperator Vorr. I wish to speak with you. It concerns the ball."

She made the final adjustments to the emerald opera gloves before she glided over to the door, her fingers flickering across the numberpad before the door hissed open. She ran her eye over Khronos' attire. If such a thing was even possible, it seemed that his armor had become more ornate and his finery more regal than before.

"Please, come in Khronos." She gave a sweeping gesture with her hand, "My abode is yours, literally, in this case. What was it you wanted to discuss?"
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:31 pm

Spindle wrote:Eris froze when the tap came from the door. Her eyes flickered to the watch still lying on the bedside cabinets. It was time, so she had a shrewd idea who stood behind the door and when the voice filtered through she smiled slightly.

"Lady Eris. It's Imperator Vorr. I wish to speak with you. It concerns the ball."

She made the final adjustments to the emerald opera gloves before she glided over to the door, her fingers flickering across the numberpad before the door hissed open. She ran her eye over Khronos' attire. If such a thing was even possible, it seemed that his armor had become more ornate and his finery more regal than before.

"Please, come in Khronos." She gave a sweeping gesture with her hand, "My abode is yours, literally, in this case. What was it you wanted to discuss?"

The Imperator's Might

Imperator Vorr looked over her... and he was damn glad his helmet was on. Then again, she probably wouldn't be able to tell how his people blushed. Still, though, it was comforting that she'd not find out this day. Imperator Vorr cleared his throat after a moment, and looked around her room aimlessly as he tried to remember what he was going to say. Oh, yes. That. He remembered.

"Lady Eris. For the ball, would you like to have the first dance with me?", he asked, looking over at her. His body language showed that he was trying his best not to sound nervous. He must not be used to this kind of thing. And, well... in all honesty, he wasn't. Imperator Vorr didn't even correct her when she addressed him by Khronos... which meant either he didn't notice... or he didn't care.

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:48 pm

Licata wrote:
Jakala, Todval system

"You admit weakness against a foe of so few numbers, from our understanding of diplomacy this blunder would indicate the root of your situation. We, however, would not seek to let you slip away with this offer, the Tacrax shall eliminate your foe, but we expect a full payment."

Pntah Sector

With the deal struck with the blue beasts of the Todval System a war fleet was to be deployed.

A cyst located within a pore on the surface of one of the Underminds ruptured, from it spewed a freshly evolved swarm of Space-Dwellers. 3,000 Hulk classes, a force too large to economically make a jump en masse, formed into a massive collection of vessels, forming a single entity.

Jakala Orbit, Todval system

A rift tore through space and from it emerged the mass of Tacrax.

The foe was in sight, vulnerable as their vessels faced towards the Tagali. The would be the first real combat the Tacrax would ever experience since having formed it's sentience. The cluster broke apart and began to reform. A fourth of all material was used to form a Genocide class titan, an eight was used to form 20 Desolator class battle-cruisers, the rest reformed into their Hulk class vessels and began to birth swarmlings who formed the fighter force.

A Hulk Class vessel

Unit Type:Number of Units
Genocide Class1
Desolator Class20
Hulk Class1,875
Swarmling Class1,312,500

OOC: Just to make note Swarmlings are small and each Hulk can spawn up to 700 of 'em at a time.

Orbit above Jakala

The Tagali fleet was caught off guard by the sudden appearance of the Tacrax fleet. They watched in awe and dread as the ships began to launch thousands upon thousands of fighters. While the Tagali prepared for a fight, they were surprised when the Tacrax flew right past them, instead going for the Confederate Fleet. The Lord of Admirals called in the sight to Ground Command.

Council Chambers, Main Entrance

The Commander relayed the message back to Lahira.

"Consul, the Tacrax fleet is in the system and is on a collision course with the Confederate Fleet." Lahira was surprised at the speed in which they arrived. Just another sign that they were the under dogs in the galaxy. Another issue was arising. While she had no love for the Aliens threatening her people above, it would make the diplomatic situation worse if the xeno fleet was destroyed. Plus, they couldn't always rely on the Tacrax to be there if the Confederacy decided to avenge their fallen comrades here. She turned back to the Tacrax representative.

" I must ask that your forces wait to engage. I know it's frustrating, but a dead fleet will make matters worse just as a live fleet. I must ask you to wait, for now."
Quote of the- Oh, I don't know how long I'm gonna have this on here.
"It's all good in the hood!" I replied cheerfully. But deep down, I knew that there were many socio-economic problems in the hood.

RP's I'm hosting:
Interstellar Ascendancy: an FT Nation Rp

Evil Pootoo Bird of The Pub

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:54 pm

Khronos brushed her as he entered the room and for the second time in as many minutes, Eris felt herself freeze in place, her face flushing. This was ridiculous! She'd didn't even know him! Despite the best efforts of her brain, she felt the smooth brush of his lips against her hand again and had to squeeze her stomach to stop herself from shaking uncontrollably. Khronos looked around the room for a few moments, as if he hadn't seen it before and those few moments distended and dragged on indefinitely. Finally he spoke and Eris stiffened again.

"Lady Eris. For the ball, would you like to have the first dance with me?"

Eris hoped Khronos wasn't as good at reading faces as he seemed to be, because she wasn't sure what hers was saying anymore. Was this just a formality or...something else? It was etiquette to let the guest of honor have the first dance, but-
Never mind thinking about it, she needed to give Khronos an answer, damnit! She took a shuddering breath before she opened her mouth, paused for a second, then went on.

"If you'll have me." She said, feeling more than a small smile beginning to bloom on her face. And for once, she didn't care.
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:04 pm

Spindle wrote:Khronos brushed her as he entered the room and for the second time in as many minutes, Eris felt herself freeze in place, her face flushing. This was ridiculous! She'd didn't even know him! Despite the best efforts of her brain, she felt the smooth brush of his lips against her hand again and had to squeeze her stomach to stop herself from shaking uncontrollably. Khronos looked around the room for a few moments, as if he hadn't seen it before and those few moments distended and dragged on indefinitely. Finally he spoke and Eris stiffened again.

"Lady Eris. For the ball, would you like to have the first dance with me?"

Eris hoped Khronos wasn't as good at reading faces as he seemed to be, because she wasn't sure what hers was saying anymore. Was this just a formality or...something else? It was etiquette to let the guest of honor have the first dance, but-
Never mind thinking about it, she needed to give Khronos an answer, damnit! She took a shuddering breath before she opened her mouth, paused for a second, then went on.

"If you'll have me." She said, feeling more than a small smile beginning to bloom on her face. And for once, she didn't care.

The Imperator's Might

Imperator Vorr smiled under his helmet, feeling happy. But this happiness was strange. It was... larger than should be, for something as simple as this. Of course it was simple, wasn't it? He sighed slightly in relief, and regretted it - his face flushing beneath the mask. Damnit. He was a soldier! He was a proud Taari! His face didn't flush! Imperator Vorr calmed himself before speaking again to her.

"Thank you, Lady Eris. You look lovely... no, beautiful this evening. The ball is soon. Shall we?", he ended, offering his arm. It was easy to tell he wanted to walk with her. Imperator Vorr stared at her as he offered his arm. She did look beautiful. No, stop that! He needed to focus. He was the leader of his people, he was a soldier, a warrior. No time for weakness. No time for love. Wait - what?, he thought. Love? That was the most ridiculous thought that ever crossed his mind. Ever. And many thoughts did. He tried to stop himself from visibly shuddering out of nervousness.

The Moscow Metro Red Line
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Moscow Metro Red Line » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:14 pm

Displeoa System - Xarintine - Greosi Province- Settlement of Vriga

The Displeoa System is located in the fringes of Ostian space. The sun in the Displeoa System was a red giant, the system contained seven planets. The four planets were inhospitable to life, three were closer to the sun while the other one was too distant. Two of the planets were colonized and has medium-sized populations in them (about 950,000 thousand per colony), and the other two were focused on mining so had smaller populations.

The Planet Xarintine, 5th planet away from the sun, was the frontier capital of the Displeoa System. While Xarintine had sizable mining economy, it was more known for its abundance in Ostian grain. The planet had rich soil and temperate climate which made it suitable to grow Ostian grain. There were three large continents which dotted the surface of Xarintine, about 67% of the planet's surface was covered in water. In the settlement of Vriga, two men were digging a well.

"Looks like this one is going to take all day to dig," one of the colonists said.

"Yeah, well it's not like you have to do much," The supervisor said, as he walked over to the hole that was being dug. A large drilling machine was making large hole and mounds of earth were being piled behind it. "Just make sure the drill keeps digging at the specific height. Survey team says that any lower and the drill will hit an underground cavern."

"Yeah, well wouldn't the water fill it?"

'That's the problem Flire, we're going to have to extend the pump and than-" Just than there was a loud noise and the drill began to sink.

"Ah hell," The supervisor said as he ran over to the drill. "Turn it off and help me move it!" As the two colonists moved the drill, the underground water flowed into the cavern below, giving sunlight and water to an slumbering organism.
Timezone: Pacific Time (UTC - 08:00)

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:35 pm

The Moscow Metro Red Line wrote:Displeoa System - Xarintine - Greosi Province- Settlement of Vriga

The Displeoa System is located in the fringes of Ostian space. The sun in the Displeoa System was a red giant, the system contained seven planets. The four planets were inhospitable to life, three were closer to the sun while the other one was too distant. Two of the planets were colonized and has medium-sized populations in them (about 950,000 thousand per colony), and the other two were focused on mining so had smaller populations.

The Planet Xarintine, 5th planet away from the sun, was the frontier capital of the Displeoa System. While Xarintine had sizable mining economy, it was more known for its abundance in Ostian grain. The planet had rich soil and temperate climate which made it suitable to grow Ostian grain. There were three large continents which dotted the surface of Xarintine, about 67% of the planet's surface was covered in water. In the settlement of Vriga, two men were digging a well.

"Looks like this one is going to take all day to dig," one of the colonists said.

"Yeah, well it's not like you have to do much," The supervisor said, as he walked over to the hole that was being dug. A large drilling machine was making large hole and mounds of earth were being piled behind it. "Just make sure the drill keeps digging at the specific height. Survey team says that any lower and the drill will hit an underground cavern."

"Yeah, well wouldn't the water fill it?"

'That's the problem Flire, we're going to have to extend the pump and than-" Just than there was a loud noise and the drill began to sink.

"Ah hell," The supervisor said as he ran over to the drill. "Turn it off and help me move it!" As the two colonists moved the drill, the underground water flowed into the cavern below, giving sunlight and water to an slumbering organism.

Displeoa System
Xarintine
Greosi Province
Settlement of Vriga

Deep below, in that cavern, the water and sunlight began stirring something. The Infestors' eyes opened as they began drinking the water as it flooded to them. The spores of all sizes were rehydrating and coming to life. Everything was awakening - just as expected. Just as planned. For thousands of years, they had slumbered and something had now awoken them. The remnants of the Allmind spoke within each organism.

"We hunger. Go. Feast.", the Allmind's voice rumbled throughout the minds of all of the Infestors and spores. It was time. They have been asleep for so very long. The Infestors and Spores began kicking up, following the water back to it's source. The spores began multiplying in the hydrated environment - the smaller, virus-like ones. They flowed with the underground river, hoping to contaminate the water supply throughout the general area. Meanwhile, Infestors, the beasts being about the size of a small vehicle, crawled up the hole and began digging their way out, making the hole larger. As they dug up, a drill was found in their paths. Good. That meant food. That meant the Highbreed could spread.

The Infestors began fanning out, digging in different directions. Suddenly, the Infestors beneath the drill began melting it with their acidic spit. They crawled through the hole and smashed the drill out of their way, letting out a horrid, bloodcurtling screech. The Infestors which broke free spotted the two foolish Ostians, screeching at them. They opened their insect-like wings, charging at them. They grabbed the two, beginning to feed. As they fed, they were releasing a gas filled with spores that they were generating, to contaminate the air.

"It is time to satisfy our hunger once more, after so many years.", the Allmind thundered through his beasts of destruction. And so the Infestors went, beginning to spread... as did the spores in the water and air, as they multiplied furiously. The other dormancy pods were also awakening, and beginning to hatch free to get to water and such. And just like that, an ancient horror long forgotten was about to be unleashed upon the galaxy...

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:47 pm

Eris felt her blush deepen at Khronos' compliment and wanted to scream at him to remove that cursed helmet, so she could see his face and know what he was feeling at this point. Did he feel as confused as she did? Was he just manipulating her? What was he thinking?

His arm seemed to fill Eris' vision. It would be a tiny action, she knew, to lay her hand upon it and yet her rebellious body seemed unresponsive to her mind. Just do it, damnit! How difficult was it? Her arm began to rise, although it felt as if she was moving through tar. And then, with a sudden spark of frission, her hand touched down on Khronos' forearm, fingers sliding over his envirosuit as they curled, clutching almost possessively at the Taari.

"Thank you, Khronos." She replied feeling her voice tremble slightly as she reached his name, "Let's go."

Almost out of instinct, Eris moved her other hand to Khronos' hand, clasping it from underneath as she held his forearm from above with her other hand, holding on as if she never intended to let go.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:53 pm

Spindle wrote:Eris felt her blush deepen at Khronos' compliment and wanted to scream at him to remove that cursed helmet, so she could see his face and know what he was feeling at this point. Did he feel as confused as she did? Was he just manipulating her? What was he thinking?

His arm seemed to fill Eris' vision. It would be a tiny action, she knew, to lay her hand upon it and yet her rebellious body seemed unresponsive to her mind. Just do it, damnit! How difficult was it? Her arm began to rise, although it felt as if she was moving through tar. And then, with a sudden spark of frission, her hand touched down on Khronos' forearm, fingers sliding over his envirosuit as they curled, clutching almost possessively at the Taari.

"Thank you, Khronos." She replied feeling her voice tremble slightly as she reached his name, "Let's go."

Almost out of instinct, Eris moved her other hand to Khronos' hand, clasping it from underneath as she held his forearm from above with her other hand, holding on as if she never intended to let go.

The Imperator's Might

Imperator Vorr was surprised by her actions, but didn't stop her, or deny her. He took her hand in his own, gripping it in an... accepting way. Khronos felt himself smiling widely, looking over at her for a moment. Where in the name of all the Gods had she been? No, no, no, stop that. He scolded himself as he went back to staring straight ahead. But he didn't loosen his grip, nor did he make a move to remove her from him. He was very conflicted.

"Lady Eris, I... nevermind. So, how are you enjoying your stay thus far?", he asked, changing the subject from whatever he intended. He sounded like he was going to tell her something, but changed his mind. She could probably feel him shiver slightly, but rather than loosen, his grip tightened slightly. Khronos walked with her towards the Ballroom, as they were almost there and about to arrive.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:03 pm

When Khronos tightened his grip, Eris felt a shudder run throughout her entire body right down to her toes and she pulled herself in closer to Khronos, feeling the envirosuit press into her side. She hated it. She couldn't see Khronos, couldn't feel him under her fingers, just the infernal suit. At the same time as she thought that, she knew she could never ask him to remove it without him dying. It was unfair!

Khronos began to say something, before he stopped and asked her how she was faring. She couldn't help but pull a wry smile at that.

"It's been...very different to what I was expecting." She said, her fingers tracing small circles over the envirosuit.

The pair reached an enormous, ornate pair of doors and Eris felt her heart jump. They had reached the Ballroom.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:09 pm

Spindle wrote:When Khronos tightened his grip, Eris felt a shudder run throughout her entire body right down to her toes and she pulled herself in closer to Khronos, feeling the envirosuit press into her side. She hated it. She couldn't see Khronos, couldn't feel him under her fingers, just the infernal suit. At the same time as she thought that, she knew she could never ask him to remove it without him dying. It was unfair!

Khronos began to say something, before he stopped and asked her how she was faring. She couldn't help but pull a wry smile at that.

"It's been...very different to what I was expecting." She said, her fingers tracing small circles over the envirosuit.

The pair reached an enormous, ornate pair of doors and Eris felt her heart jump. They had reached the Ballroom.

The Imperator's Might

As if Khronos could sense her thoughts, he removed his arm from hers, and wrapped his arm protectively around her shoulders. He held her close. Protective... and a bit possessive, too. Khronos' hold was almost as tight as before, making her body completely in contact with his own. Strong. Firm. Powerful. Khronos was fearful of this... he didn't know why he did this, but he wanted to - and he's never wanted anything like it before. It was odd, to say the least. Khronos held her hand with his other arm, as the Ballroom doors opened.

"And here are our guests of honor - Imperator Khronos Vorr, our glorious leader, and the new Ambassador, Lady Eris!", an announcer called as they walked out onto a balcony. The balcony had stairs on either side, and in this Ballroom the ship ceased to be a ship. In this Ballroom, it was like they were in a Palace. If she didn't know any better, Lady Eris could swear she was on a planet, in a palace Ballroom. All people turned their attention to Lady Eris, and immediately noticed the hold that Khronos had on her. He didn't loosen a bit. Khronos walked with her down the stairs as the people saluted him, or waved, or clapped, or cheered at him - they all loved him. It was a bit overwhelming.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:33 pm

Eris leaned her head on Khronos' shoulder as they entered the ballroom, her free hand wrapping around his waist and feeling his muscles ripple with controlled power even under the envirosuit. Another shudder swept through her body as she savored the closest thing she could get to physical contact, promising herself that she would figure some way around the suit. After all, what was the point of titles if she couldn't use them?

The doors opened and somebody called something, but it was all lost in the haze of her mind. As she walked, the fact that this was a spaceship receded from her thoughts. This was what she had been trained for from birth. The people, the crowds, the public. She squeezed Khronos tighter and smiled up at the crowds around them, grateful that he wasn't loosening his grip. And more and still more people cheered and waved at them. Despite the headache that was beginning to form, her smile grew even brighter and broader.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:48 pm

Spindle wrote:Eris leaned her head on Khronos' shoulder as they entered the ballroom, her free hand wrapping around his waist and feeling his muscles ripple with controlled power even under the envirosuit. Another shudder swept through her body as she savored the closest thing she could get to physical contact, promising herself that she would figure some way around the suit. After all, what was the point of titles if she couldn't use them?

The doors opened and somebody called something, but it was all lost in the haze of her mind. As she walked, the fact that this was a spaceship receded from her thoughts. This was what she had been trained for from birth. The people, the crowds, the public. She squeezed Khronos tighter and smiled up at the crowds around them, grateful that he wasn't loosening his grip. And more and still more people cheered and waved at them. Despite the headache that was beginning to form, her smile grew even brighter and broader.

The Imperator's Might

Khronos felt her head upon his shoulder, and let her put it there. He smiled widely under his helmet, feeling great about this. He brought her down to the main area of the Ballroom. Khronos waved back at some people briefly, but kept his hands near her at all times. He seemed very much aware of her and didn't seem to take her eyes off her for too long, but he often seemed to pretend not to be staring at her. It seemed he was feeling something for her, but what? Just then, Lyson slammed his fist into a wall, a loud clanging filling up the room.

"You've got to be kidding me! Imperator Vorr, how can you possibly stand to be anywhere near that - that thing... that disgusting, filthy, thing?! She is a xeno! And xenos just want to kill us or harm us! Are you really so blind? She's an ugly, disgusting thing that should be thrown out the nearest airl-", he didn't finish his sentence, as the Imperator wordlessly released her for but a moment to walk up to him. There was a loud shatter, and Lyson slumped into the ground unconscious. Knocked out, and his helmet broken off; no shield around his head. His body seemed to shudder and he was coughing in his sleep, violently. Already the atmosphere was harming him.

"Take this... former Admiral out of my sight. Get him to the medbay and inform him of his demotion. To civilian.", he stated firmly. Audibly. In front of the whole room. He turned and walked back over to Lady Eris, holding her again, close. Tight. He sighed as he stared at her in the eyes, realizing this may not work out of he attempted to seek out his emotions.

"I'm... sorry about that, Lady Eris...", he whispered to her. He seemed captured by her gaze. Soldiers came quickly, dragging Lyson away as his body spazzed and jerked around, a seizure from the atmosphere. Now she sees what happens under normal atmospheric conditions to a Taari without protection. It was... sad to watch, but maybe Lyson deserved it...

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:31 pm

Korhal IVV wrote:The ship's energy went out, and life support systems are offline. In the cells were the other abducted people, oxygen started running out.

The Hylotl acted quickly, after hearing the screams die out at once, and turned the ship back on. The Guard searched the rest of the ship and found nothing. They then returned to the cells.

The first cell they saw did not contain captured Martians, but rather, several Zealots and a High Templar of the Protectorate. They had blue glowing eyes, unlike the Tal'Darim who have red eyes.

"I knew help would come. The Tal'Darim have been abducting humans and Templar warriors for the last few months, and we saw everything. They were merging their DNA with Floran DNA to create monstrosities... We call them hybrid."
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Harndar
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Harndar » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:54 pm

Primesalis, Rolm
"So, I head that the Harndarians are manditory arming up every starship with a hyperdrive for galactic exploration." A Harndarian soldier said as he took played something like solitaire.
"Really? Seems like we're always in the back of the line." Another spoke." Leaves me saddened."
"Oh really? We're the ones that signed up for the Defense Platforms, I would see why that would be fair. Plus, there might be something that we might want to see in other solar systems as well."
"Eh, I guess you're right. By the way, have you heard the outbreak in Froli?"
"Ya... Troubling times..."

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:38 am

As they entered the central area, the dance floor, Eris closed her eyes and nuzzled up against Khronos, feeling his solidity underneath her hands, body and head. He could have been carved from granite. She relaxed her grip slightly, her free hand beginning to explore over the envirosuit. She knew that the crowds would see it, but she didn't care. At this point nothi-

"You've got to be kidding me! Imperator Vorr, how can you possibly stand to be anywhere near that - that thing... that disgusting, filthy, thing?!"

The voice broke through her thoughts and Eris' head snapped up, eyes smoldering as they picked their way through the crowds to find the cretin who had said that. She would personally murder the bastard who dared try and pry Khronos away from her. Her eyes settled on a Taari in battle armor, the rank signifiers on his shoulder indicating that he was an Admiral. Her lip curled slightly. It was him. The one who had voted against the alliance.

"She is a xeno! And xenos just want to kill us or harm us! Are you really so blind? She's an ugly, disgusting thing that should be thrown out the nearest airl-"

Eris was in two minds about the Admiral. One screamed at her to go over and break the bastard's neck herself, to give him what was coming to him. The other, her diplomat's mind, was telling her that killing him would lose her any public support she might have. In the time that the two were struggling, however, Khronos released her, stalked over to the bastard and punched his lights out. Eris felt an ugly wave of satisfaction when he began to shudder and spasm, followed by a surge of concern. He was a bastard, but did he really deserve to die?

Khronos came back over to her, his faceplate as unreadable as ever and she wanted to just take it off, rip it away from his face and kiss those smooth, cobalt lips silly. But she couldn't, and the frustration mounting up inside her grew further at that. As he draped his arms around her shoulders she wrapped her own, slender arms around his waist and pulled herself close, her chest pressed against his, all the while gazing up at that faceplate as if she could see through it if she just stared at it long enough.

"I'm... sorry about that, Lady Eris..." Khronos whispered and Eris felt tears begin to well up in her emerald eyes.

"Don't be," She breathed back, her hands moving up to clutch at the back of his envirosuit, "He had it coming. Will he survive?"
Last edited by Spindle on Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:46 am, edited 5 times in total.

The Moscow Metro Red Line
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Moscow Metro Red Line » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:54 am

Displeoa System - Xarintine - Krytia Province - Reagrad, Capital City - Government Palace - 3 Hours Since Awakening

Governor Tyria Feinhart was receiving alerts from all over the planet. Many of the province overseers were reporting massive unrest and strange sightings of alien lifeforms. Local militia and the Ostian Army garrison units have responded, but are reporting massive casualties among the civilians. They also reported strange alien lifeforms which are spreading rapidly throughout the planet at a ridiculous speed. She was with her staff inside the briefing room in the government palace.

"What the hell is happening to the planet!" Governor Feinhart yelled to her staff who were scrambling to get more information.

"We need to reorganize our forces, concentrate all our military resources around the Grea continent!" suggested the militia commander. "My soldiers are getting slaughtered by whatever this thing is!"

"I agree with the Commander," spoke the Ostian Garrison CO, "I'll start relocating our remaining military assets there."

"Wait, but what about the civilians? Surely they must be evacuated as well!" Yelled one of the Civil Engineering officers.

"We can't wait any longer. The more we stall, the less we know about the current situation. More of my posts are getting wiped out." responded the Garrison CO.

"Governor, we must-"

"Enough!" Governor Feinhart yelled, silencing all the other voices. "The evacuation of civilians will be our top priority. We are going to concentrate all our military assets on Grea. Those civilians who do not make it within the evacuation time, will be left behind." As she finished speaking, three imposing figures walked into the room.

"I am sorry, Governor Feinhart." One of the imposing figures said, revealing his entirely black entire and black power-armor guards. "But I have the ultimate authority here."

"The...The...Inquisition?" One of the staff uttered in sheer terror.

"I am Inquisitor Drakte Erdferid, you are to delay the evacuations for two days."

"This is ridiculous! If we don't consolidate our forces, we will surely be-"

"Governor Feinhart, I am going to be honest here. No matter what you do, you will fail." Governor Feinhart choked in disgust by the Inquisitor's comment. "The Inquisition is studying this...parasite. We shall continue our study and observe its affects as the situation unfolds."

The Militia commander spoke up, "But, what about-"

"This is but one planet of hundreds in the Ostian Imperium. This planet will be lost, but not without obtaining information about this new threat to Ostia." The Inquisitor moved to the window, "A Inquisitional fleet has already been dispatched here, their arrival time is one week. While you fools have been running around aimlessly, I have contacted the Displeoa fleet, their ships are already in orbit around the planet. Besides, this isn't the only outbreak."

"Ex..Ex...Excuse me?" The Governor interjected.

"Two other planets in the system have reported similar occurrences. Thankfully one happened on a mining world which is pretty much devoid of any life, besides the miners. The other occurred in Lepota, but is being managed more efficiently. The local authorities as well as my agents report that the outbreak is containable and only occurred in the frozen regions of the planet. So in summary, Xarintine is the biggest outbreak in the whole system."

-----------------
Ostian Imperial Information Network

Attention, subjects of the Ostian Imperium. This is an important broadcast, all travel to the Hardnar is restricted for the time being. Despite the recently negotiated peace, a incident has occurred. It has been discovered that the Hardnarian people are carriers of a natural disease known as 'Mad Men'. This disease is highly lethal and contagious. If anyone of you has met a Hardnarian citizen or person, please report to your local Ministry of Health or militia who will respond accoringly. Any Hardnarian citizen who is in Ostian territory is to leave immediately for the time being.

I repeat, all travel and contact with the Hardnar is restricted until further notice.

Glory to Ostia! Long live the Emperor!

-------------------------------
Pirate Broadcast

Comrades! Brothers and sisters under the red banner! This is Vlainmir Ulyanov, your leader, speaking on this frequency.

The recent message by the Ostian Imperialists is just another ruse created by them! Do not believe their lies and deception! Already, I have seen a few powers who are sympathetic to our cause! I have just received word that an Xeno power has agreed to help us in our struggle against the Ostian Imperialists! We do not stand alone any longer! Stay strong comrades, for everyday we resist the Ostians, the more their grip is loosened on us. Our cause is just! Victory will be ours!

(OOC: Whatever the outcome of our engagement Osnil, the Soviks will know they have an ally. So this is kinda a aftermath without saying what happened)
Timezone: Pacific Time (UTC - 08:00)

The Not so Hidden Valley
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Not so Hidden Valley » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:39 am

" Ok turn on the ships systems we will try to talk again, but have the shields up and the jump drive ready just in case"

The ship detaches flying out to what they think is out of the UTT's guns reach, shields one ready to jump away in the case of conflict.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Tributational Territories » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:36 am

Korhal IVV wrote:
The United Tributational Territories wrote:The Hylotl acted quickly, after hearing the screams die out at once, and turned the ship back on. The Guard searched the rest of the ship and found nothing. They then returned to the cells.

The first cell they saw did not contain captured Martians, but rather, several Zealots and a High Templar of the Protectorate. They had blue glowing eyes, unlike the Tal'Darim who have red eyes.

"I knew help would come. The Tal'Darim have been abducting humans and Templar warriors for the last few months, and we saw everything. They were merging their DNA with Floran DNA to create monstrosities... We call them hybrid."

A Crowned Jewel Raccoon named Fritz was the squad leader, so he responded. "Yes, we've seen these hybrids. We've recaptured 40 humans in the last month. We, unfortunately, have not seen any of your kind. It is sad that we both have to suffer this."

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Tributational Territories » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:38 am

Harndar wrote:Primesalis, Rolm
"So, I head that the Harndarians are manditory arming up every starship with a hyperdrive for galactic exploration." A Harndarian soldier said as he took played something like solitaire.
"Really? Seems like we're always in the back of the line." Another spoke." Leaves me saddened."
"Oh really? We're the ones that signed up for the Defense Platforms, I would see why that would be fair. Plus, there might be something that we might want to see in other solar systems as well."
"Eh, I guess you're right. By the way, have you heard the outbreak in Froli?"
"Ya... Troubling times..."

A UTT soldier stationed on Primsalis talks too.
"At least now your empire can spread through the galaxy. The Florans stopped our spreading for years, and we just got rid of them."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse