NATION

PASSWORD

Aliens vs Predator-Welcome to Eden (OOC: Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:38 pm

New Strausberg wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:I plan to be 2 kids in an overcoat if that's okay with everyone.

Lol

So would doing that be acceptable?

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:09 am

Syrixces wrote:i love avp

permission for a predator?

Well, according to our current plot schedule
predators should come around some time later

We really need more marines though!

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:11 am

Anowa wrote:>Reading through OP
>"Bullet Clip"
>*Hurk*
Clip =/= Magazine.

Also: I'm seeing a distinct lack of Smart and sentry guns

All right, I didn't know that.
If you send straus a copy of the rulebook with clips changed to magazines, well have them swapped.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:44 pm

Can I suggest a special ability? How about a big bushy beard? It'll make it harder for facehuggers to wrap their tail around my neck.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:48 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:Can I suggest a special ability? How about a big bushy beard? It'll make it harder for facehuggers to wrap their tail around my neck.

I just call facehuggers parasites, but ok, immunity to parasites should be a plausible Special ability.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:52 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:Can I suggest a special ability? How about a big bushy beard? It'll make it harder for facehuggers to wrap their tail around my neck.

I just call facehuggers parasites, but ok, immunity to parasites should be a plausible Special ability.

When you said parasites I thought you meant Chestbursters.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:07 pm

Anowa wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:

When you said parasites I thought you meant Chestbursters.

They are both.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:59 pm

Scratch the 2 kids in an overcoat idea.

*Full Name: Joseph Salad
*Appearance: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sKJIDLcYZl8/TX6BhsLRnqI/AAAAAAAAAJI/7_0vR6oVBS0/s1600/Flame-thrower3.jpg
*Traits:
*Brief history of character: Joseph was always fascinated with fire. When he was a little, he went camping often because he liked being by a campfire. No one thought much of his obsession with fire until he became a young adult and started a forest fire. He made it out safely, but everyone he knew knew that he had a problem. His friends and family staged an intervention for him, but Joseph just became furious with them and ran away. He ran off to live in the woods for 5 years, surviving on food he foraged and a fresh water stream. During this time, he grew a large bushy beard that he could not shave, so he just stuck with it and used it to hold things like sticks and his leftovers. He also seldom wrestled bears, which helped him create his own martial art bear-fu. After 5 years, he made it out of the forest and tried to fit into society again. He was able to recuperate fairly well, but still kept his urge to kill creatures and play with fire. To help take care of these urges, he became a marine. With a flamethrower.
**Special Ability: (Read below) martial arts skills (deals 4 damage without a weapon, but can only be done once per turn and costs 1 HP or 1 terror depending on the enemy)
**Starting Items: (Read below) flamethrower, body armor, and kerosene.

Code 247: do not remove I use this to find the apps

Special Ability: Suggest an ability for your character or simple list your traits and wait for Harkback to assign a special ability based on those traits.

Starting Items: Spend 500 C on the following items (any C you fail to spend will remain in your pockets at the start).
Last edited by ApplePieistan on Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:21 am, edited 5 times in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:09 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:Scratch the 2 kids in an overcoat idea.

*Appearance: This guy + 1 beard http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sKJIDLcYZl8/TX6BhsLRnqI/AAAAAAAAAJI/7_0vR6oVBS0/s1600/Flame-thrower3.jpg
*Traits: Big bushy beard
*Brief history of character: Joseph was always fascinated with fire. When he was a little, he went camping often because he liked being by a campfire. No one thought much of his obsession with fire until he became a young adult and started a forest fire. He made it out safely, but everyone he knew knew that he had a problem. His friends and family staged an intervention for him, but Joseph just became furious with them and ran away. He ran off to live in the woods for 5 years, surviving on food he foraged and a fresh water stream. During this time, he grew a large bushy beard that he could not shave, so he just stuck with it and used it to hold things like sticks and his leftovers. After 5 years, he made it out of the forest and tried to fit into society again. He was able to recuperate fairly well, but still kept his urge to kill creatures and play with fire. To help take care of these urges, he became a marine. With a flamethrower.
**Special Ability: (Read below) big bushy beard

Special Ability: Suggest an ability for your character or simple list your traits and wait for Harkback to assign a special ability based on those traits.

Starting Items: Spend 500 C on the following items (any C you fail to spend will remain in your pockets at the start).

Seems about right, your flamethrower should start out loaded. I didn't give it a price, so lets say you still should have enough money to afford an flashlight or a snack.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:16 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:Scratch the 2 kids in an overcoat idea.

*Appearance: This guy + 1 beard http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sKJIDLcYZl8/TX6BhsLRnqI/AAAAAAAAAJI/7_0vR6oVBS0/s1600/Flame-thrower3.jpg
*Traits: Big bushy beard
*Brief history of character: Joseph was always fascinated with fire. When he was a little, he went camping often because he liked being by a campfire. No one thought much of his obsession with fire until he became a young adult and started a forest fire. He made it out safely, but everyone he knew knew that he had a problem. His friends and family staged an intervention for him, but Joseph just became furious with them and ran away. He ran off to live in the woods for 5 years, surviving on food he foraged and a fresh water stream. During this time, he grew a large bushy beard that he could not shave, so he just stuck with it and used it to hold things like sticks and his leftovers. After 5 years, he made it out of the forest and tried to fit into society again. He was able to recuperate fairly well, but still kept his urge to kill creatures and play with fire. To help take care of these urges, he became a marine. With a flamethrower.
**Special Ability: (Read below) big bushy beard

Seems about right, your flamethrower should start out loaded. I didn't give it a price, so lets say you still should have enough money to afford an flashlight or a snack.

I'd rather just keep the 50 C.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:52 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:

I'd rather just keep the 50 C.

Okay, that'll work.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:25 pm

What a second, so does the flamethrower still cost 250 C, or was the price raised? I'm confused.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:59 am

ApplePieistan wrote:What a second, so does the flamethrower still cost 250 C, or was the price raised? I'm confused.

Oh, I did give it a price then?
Never mind.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:00 am

Yeah, Kerosene should cost 50 C so your char should have no more C left Apple

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:16 am

Tag for interest.

I would consider being an alien, but I've never been great at writing non-humans.

Besides, everyone's gonna want to be an alien.

You could say they're "coming out of the walls".
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:23 am

New Grestin wrote:Tag for interest.

I would consider being an alien, but I've never been great at writing non-humans.

Besides, everyone's gonna want to be an alien.

You could say they're "coming out of the walls".

Yeah, I'm thinking about lifting alien to marine ratio restrictions, in exchange however, aliens R gonna be weaker.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:52 am

Harkback Union wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:What a second, so does the flamethrower still cost 250 C, or was the price raised? I'm confused.

Never mind.

New Strausburg gave it a price.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:01 am

ApplePieistan wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:
Never mind.

New Strausburg gave it a price.

Much impressed. Some perfect item pricing skills right there.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:48 am

I think I'm going to attack a vending machine before entering any alien place. I'll get a bunch of free sodas that way.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:06 am

ApplePieistan wrote:I think I'm going to attack a vending machine before entering any alien place. I'll get a bunch of free sodas that way.

Dammit!

I knew this was how the RP would start.

No, seriously, I knew! And I warn you, hitting on the vending machines can have undesired consequences!

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:28 am

Harkback Union wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:I think I'm going to attack a vending machine before entering any alien place. I'll get a bunch of free sodas that way.

Dammit!

No, seriously, I knew! And I warn you, hitting on the vending machines can have undesired consequences!

Is it going to fall on me? I was just going to throw a rock through the glass. If security show up, I'll use my flamethrower on them and then take their guns.

Drakorvanyia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Drakorvanyia » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:30 am

ApplePieistan wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:
Dammit!

Is it going to fall on me? I was just going to throw a rock through the glass. If security show up, I'll use my flamethrower on them and then take their guns.

Tame the xenos with your chocolate bars.
Wars:
Togerian Aldohnean War: Won
Coltpower Civil War: Won
Coltpower Continuation War: Truce
Second Coltpower Continuation War: Truce

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -6.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.31

Drakorvanyian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cfzFBTK9i8

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:51 am

Drakorvanyia wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:Is it going to fall on me? I was just going to throw a rock through the glass. If security show up, I'll use my flamethrower on them and then take their guns.

Tame the xenos with your chocolate bars.

I did not rule out that idea. Using the xenos to take over the world is an option that I am considering, though I'd prefer to work with parasites since they cannot hurt me.
Last edited by ApplePieistan on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:54 am

ApplePieistan wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:
Dammit!

Apple in every roleplay ever:

>Kill People
>Take their stuff
>Repeat

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:55 am

I think I'll ring up straus and start this RP tomorrow with what few people we have.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse