NATION

PASSWORD

A New Pantheon (Deity RP, OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:02 am

I want to post but for some reason I can't get anything written down i cri
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:06 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:I want to post but for some reason I can't get anything written down i cri

Writers block...
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Vicavian Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vicavian Empire » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:07 am

so auropa and i decided that the Alliance and the Shogunate had a two week naval war in the past and that the Shogunate managed to land an invasion force on Daelia which was repulsed by the garrison stationed there.
Tensions between Harren and Ragnor are high as a result

Jorliefstreiken
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jorliefstreiken » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:07 am

Bentus wrote:
Jorliefstreiken wrote:
Uhhh I meant Ajir'Novak, Im drafting an app for it once it is burned. It would be like a wasteland place for chaotic gods to chill

Hmm, that could be an issue. It'd be like setting fire to the whole Roman Empire (wellll, bit of exaggeration there - France + Germany at least though I'd wager).

Well most of it is Desert so destroy the cities and burn the fields one happy god of anarchy.
I KILLED MUFASA

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:12 am

Arkahmis making his move early.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:13 am

Jorliefstreiken wrote:
Bentus wrote:
Hmm, that could be an issue. It'd be like setting fire to the whole Roman Empire (wellll, bit of exaggeration there - France + Germany at least though I'd wager).

Well most of it is Desert so destroy the cities and burn the fields one happy god of anarchy.

Better, but you're still talking about an area similar in size to the whole Arabian Gulf - which while desert has always had a pretty decently sized population.

If everyone else is ok with it, then I'm willing to let it happen - personally I'm not that comfortable without some major set-up action however (as in, basically a plot arc involving a number of RPers and battles, etc, etc).
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:16 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:Arkahmis making his move early.

Jill be running low on time

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:25 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

Jill be running low on time

If you want her to be lovey dovey with Mira over him, just tell me.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:26 am

And he's not really making a move - he's just unsure of what to do. Just going on instinct. I left it largely up to Mira at the moment.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:28 am

Illan wrote:

And he's not really making a move - he's just unsure of what to do. Just going on instinct. I left it largely up to Mira at the moment.

No worries about the stuff, though. I'm just instigating conflict :)
Last edited by The Ik Ka Ek Akai on Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:29 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Illan wrote:

That is to say that if Jileli was in your place right now, I'd be doing the same to you.

Jorliefstreiken
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jorliefstreiken » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:37 am

Bentus wrote:
Jorliefstreiken wrote:

Better, but you're still talking about an area similar in size to the whole Arabian Gulf - which while desert has always had a pretty decently sized population.

If everyone else is ok with it, then I'm willing to let it happen - personally I'm not that comfortable without some major set-up action however (as in, basically a plot arc involving a number of RPers and battles, etc, etc).

How bout I do like half now and leave the rest to collapse on itself
I KILLED MUFASA

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:39 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

That is to say that if Jileli was in your place right now, I'd be doing the same to you.

Whaddya mean?
Above even The Boss

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:43 am

Illan wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

Whaddya mean?

If Jileli was making a move on Mira, I'd be posting stuff like "Arky better move fast"

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:43 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:I want to post but for some reason I can't get anything written down i cri

Writers block...

Yep.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:44 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Illan wrote:
Whaddya mean?

If Jileli was making a move on Mira, I'd be posting stuff like "Arky better move fast"

Oh, okay :)
Above even The Boss

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:45 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Writers block...

Yep.

Try eating some yummy Euros....Yumros.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:46 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Yep.

Yumm.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:08 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

Yumm.

I tried eating yummy Rubles, but then my value plummeted.
Above even The Boss

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:10 pm

Illan wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Yumm.

Damn the west!
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:11 pm

Illan wrote:

Damn the west!

Da, is only glorious Mother Russia that need exist in world.
Above even The Boss

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:13 pm

Illan wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Damn the west!

Da, is only glorious Mother Russia that need exist in world.

Soon...
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:17 pm

And if anybody would like to interact with Vos Terranaiva in anyway, be it more formal or just an individual, please tell me. I would like more interactions going.
Above even The Boss

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Link To Previous RP Post

Postby Flarbinia » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:24 pm

The Seven Archangels
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Seven Archangels » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:32 pm

Two more nation apps, these being NPC nations that I'll be using to play around with. Hopefully they're interesting enough for you all. I rather like them.

Nation/Faction name: Kingdom of Arcaestyr
Race(s): Men & Elves
Patron God(s): None Notable / Varied Beliefs
Current Leader(s): King Hylan Archon
Brief History:
The Kingdom of Arcaestyr is younger than it's Astralan neighbor, but no less important for it. Having been a faction originally opposed to joining in a union with the Star Elves who, further before, marched against them, Arcaestian decided to split against their attempts at lording over them. With this idea in mind, they created a small kingdom of their own, seeking to take advantage of the rich lands of the area around Regnum Solarum without interference from the Stel-Natus. Lately, however, the kingdom has found itself at odds with the Vaern Empire, frequently dealing with intrusions and border skirmishes that crop up.

Geographical area and key features: Arcaestyr is mostly coastlines, forests, and rolling plains. It is idealic in many ways, with farmlands stretching for miles in every direction, and small villages being frequent.
Map Claim: Image Link
Other details:
Starlight Order
An order of Dragon Knights, the Starlight Order are the sworn protectors of the Kingdom and its ruler. Though few in number, the knights are skilled tacticians, warriors, and deadly in battle. They often hire out other guilds to help supply and assist them as well, being more of a functional mercenary company than an official arm of the kingdom's military forces, though the two often co-operate. The knights are famous for their skill that, despite being human, almost rival that of the Stel-Natus's own riders. They furthermore hold dragons of different types, often preferring variety over the two (white and gold) that the Stel-Natus often use.

They are well-armed, armored, and supplied with custom equipment provided to each knight and training grounds for normal soldiers assigned to each knight as their regiment. The knights each command their own regiment, with all knights forming the council that governs the order. Though each knight follows the commands of the council, the king still holds overriding authority due to their sworn oath, and often makes requests of them for specific tasks that his own military is either too busy or not well-enough equipped to handle. Overall, the Starlight Order is an important note to the culture and strength of the kingdom, with it often being the icon behind which the populace rallies behind.

Archastrum
A large bustling port city, within lies the palatial home that the royal family calls home. The city features large estates and wealthy storefronts, with goods from all across the continent. It also features the headquarters of the Starlight Order, a collection of trained Dragon Knights sworn to the protection of the kingdom and the continuation of its royal family.

Orichastrum
While tensions with Astralis were initially high, due to Caelum's insistence on peace in the region, the two nations have long since become trade partners over the period of prosperity. Orichastrum is the main trading port between the two nations, bearing direct links to Rabanastrum and Archastrum. It also features a large temple complex dedicated to Caelum, one of a few within the kingdom.

Nirmaes
A small port town reliant on fishing and civil ship production, it also holds one of the largest libraries that is owned by the royal family, as well as a college of mages dedicated to researching the mystic arts to defend against the bordering empire's recent aggressiveness.

Phontas
A fishing town with excessively large fortifications for its size, its proximity to the border with the Vaern Empire makes it an important military hub for patrols and outposts in the region, shipping supplies to and from forts stretched across the borderline.

Vyris
The largest castle along the line of small forts along the border with the Vaern Empire, the Starlight Order are the ones that mostly maintain it, using it as a ground for guilds and the order to both use it as a stepping stone to enforce peace and prosperity in the region while still keeping the border secure from intrusions.

Tyr
A small hub village found in the middle of the road from Archastrum and Vorael, travelers often stop here to rest from their long journey across the borders and past the many patrol posts. There lies little of note here, however, besides a small military outpost to keep watch over the roads.

Quarz
A quarrying town found beside a series of small cliffs and ravines, a rare occurance in the kingdom, it supplies the stone and marble needed by the kingdom and often traded to other nearby kingdoms due to its high quality.

Antis
An important military fortification that, in a previous war with the Vaern Empire, held on with but a small garrison despite their numerous attackers and raiders. It was originally intended to protect Archadis, though since its fall to the Vaern some several decades ago, it lies as an important coast watch to guard against enemy fleet movements heading to Archastrum.

Nation/Faction name: Empire of the Vaern
Race(s): Humans & Dark Elves
Patron God(s): No official, though many worship war-related gods, such as Ashur, Ralnis, Void, or Ragnor to name a few
Current Leader(s): Imperis Vaern III Ironrath
Brief History:
Originally starting out as a small country of raiders and warriors, the Vaern were more intelligent than what their neighbors originally thought of them. While originally content with their small land, their population growth as well as their thirst for combat eventually led them to take the land of their neighbors, sparking a multitude of wars. Eventually warfare became part of the culture of the fledgling empire, as it grew and assimilated the knowledge of their technologically superior neighbors, their ferocity and skill overcoming their neighbor's clever tricks. As the empire grew more and more under the rule of the Imperis, the lord of the Vaern, they grew more concerned and excited with challenging the Stel-Natus to the south, and the Starlight Order to the west. Though the Imperis has other ideas in mind.

Geographical area and key features: The empire lies on a land filled with snowy forests, rivers, flat coasts, and small cliffs. Its colder temperatures make it not quite as idyllic as Arcaestyr or Astralis, though cities and villages closer to the border find the weather more to their liking.
Map Claim: Image Link
Other details:
Blood Guards
An elite order of warriors in the Vaern Empire, the Blood Guards are the personal army of the Imperis. Trained veterans and skilled with almost any weapon that can be found on the battlefield, the Blood Guards are ruthless, intelligent, and powerful forces on the field of battle. They were used extensively against Arcaestyr as the only means of evening the odds against the Starlight Order.

The Blood Guards have a series of outposts within the empire to use as their staging grounds and training centers, as they act independent of the military at large. Their most prized possession is the Crimson Keep within Nagapyrae, a large castle built with the knowledge acquired from the Valen, and within which the mystic arts can be learned and applied to their style of brutal, overwhelming close-quarters combat. Blood Guards are chosen at a young age from those that show great promise, and often separated from their families. It has long since allowed and integrated the other races and ethnicities into its order, not being strictly Vaern in practice anymore, though it is unpopular by a large margin with the local populace. The Blood Guards are imposing, however, and often used by the Imperis to enforce order where it is necessary, keeping the empire's populace in line.

The Solaran Wall
A massive series of interconnected walls and forts that sprawled across the region around Nagapyrae and Valentyr, it served as the former small kingdom's means of defense against the Vaern raiders, and as the Vaern's greatest trophy of their many conquests in the region. Though some parts of the great walls have fallen into disrepair, the whole fortification is still a challenge for any army that thinks it can foolishly and brashly march through them and onto the Vaern's more treasured cities.

At each major fort lays a small village to supply it, and a series of barracks and training grounds. The walls, being interconnected, can be walked on to journey across the region, and even link back to the walls of Nagapyrae and Valentyr, allowing the cities to contribute to the defense of the region. The walls are thick enough to allow two columns of horses to ride atop them, and with the Great Sea Gate bridging the watery gap between Jaiys and Stois, the walls often serve as civil roads for travelers and traders.

The Great Sea Gate itself is the most marvelous of the engineering ingenuity required for this great fortification, bridging two villages over thirty kilometers of somewhat shallow, but current-ridden waters. With a series of water gates built into allow naval traffic to pass through with ease, and still permit civil and military travel atop the large walls, the Great Sea Gate is a wonder that the Vaern claimed and continue to upkeep.

There are approximiately three layers of walls, with two shorter ones directly in front of the third largest one, all connected with a series of tall, thick towers placed at 5 kilometer intervals, with smaller ones placed in-between. At each major checkpoint, a larger fort is built to allow entry through the tall walls. At least, official entry through parts that aren't damaged from the previous war with the Vaern conquerors. The connected villages are as follows: Auyr, Sayr, Kayr, Leyr, Jaiys, Stois, Aiyr, and Nayr.

Valentyr
The former capital of the Kingdom of Valen, the city was taken, along with the whole nation, by the Vaern. It now serves as the capital of the Vaern Empire, where the palace now houses the Imperis, the ruler of the imperial, warlike nation. The people and technology of the kingdom was vast, and though some of its knowledge and infrastructure was lost in the many sieges it had withstood against its attackers, much of the rest was assimilated and still remains in use by the new empire today.

Nagapyrae
An important shipyard and trading port for the Empire, it connects to Astralis, Arcaestyr, the Frederian Alliance, and more countries further out from the gulf. Currently it serves as the major production center for the new, and updated Vaern fleets, which patrol the waters around the Great Sea Gate. Also here is the Crimson Keep, the headquarters of the Blood Guards for the Vaern Empire.

Jaiys
A large town built on the other end of the Great Sea Gate, Jaiys is both an important trade and military hub that connects Nagapyrae and Valentyr across the Solaran Wall, using it as part of a road system to connect the two great cities.

Stois
A large, water-side castle attached to the end of the Great Sea Wall and serving as the entrance to Valentyr, Stois has famed itself for never haven fallen to any of its attackers, no matter how great their armies were or how few men held against them. It was only due to the fall of Valentyr that the castle fell into the hands of the Vaern.

Auyr, Sayr, Kayr, Leyr, Oiyr, Jaiys, Stois, Aiyr, & Naiyr
A military fortification attached to the Solaran Wall that guards Nagapyrae and Valentyr, a small village is found close by to the gate, supplying the military garrison stationed there.

Vopis
A small village and military outpost near the border of Astralis and Arcaestyr, the empire has been building up its fortifications and supplies here for a long time, using it as a staging post to antagonize and probe the nearby kingdom of Arcaestyr's defenses.

Vorael
A larger trading town that used to be part of the kingdom of Arcaestyr, it fell in a previous war to the Vaern attackers, who also took Archadis as well from the kingdom. Vorael connects Nagapyrae to Archastrum, serving as a trading hub and important guild center for workshops and hunters in the region.

Archadis
An unwalled port city similar, though larger in size than Phontas, its lack of defenses was due to its reliance on Antis and Vorael to guard the roads to the city, as well as its peaceful connections with Valentyr, which often guarded the border from raiders in the north. It has long since fallen to the Vaern in a bloody battle between the Starlight Order and the Blood Guards of the Vaern. Since the great siege and battles, the city has long since seen better days, with large swathes of it having been burnt down or destroyed, and others still recovering to this day.

Hyrais
A former village of raiders that long since fell under the influence of the Vaern, it is said a previous warlord had led a campaign of terror and destruction across the region from here, inspiring the Vaern to conquer its neighbors.

Night's Gate
A small fortification built by Arcaestyr and Valentyr in an attempt to check the raiders advances southward and guard against their aggression, it used to be known as the Summer's Gate. Since its quick abandonment due to overwhelming enemy attacks, it has been in Vaern hands as a symbol of their first conquest.

Vaernis
The former capital of the Vaern, it features no walls nor farms in the region. Being reliant on fishing and raiding, Vaernis was a warrior's city, following gods that preached such. Legend tells of old ruins lying underneath the grounds of the city, connected only to the hillfort that the warlord of the Vaern, now Imperis, called home once.

Darym
A small town that was part of a small trading state between Valen and the eastern nations, it was a protectorate of the former Valen Kingdom, though it was also the first to fall to the raiders of the north. There is little to note here but its road connection between Vaernis and Orisan.

Balen
The former capital of the small trading state that existed here, Balen is a wealthy town still, having surrendered rather than fought the siege against the Vaern attackers, a message pushed by a priest of Caelum in order to ensure peace for the city. There also lies a large spire-temple to Caelum, complete with its own small crystal that illuminates the sky.

Orisan
Part of a small coastal city that called the gulf behind the Great Sea Wall its home, Orisan was taken due to the near-impervious nature of the Solaran Walls to the Vaern. To bypass the imposing defenses and starve the Valen defenders of valuable supplies, the Vaern cut off all ties to the kingdom from all sides, locking them within their impressive fortifications as they were batted and beleaguered. Orisan served as a key position to supply the ships needed to enforce the blockade and raids against the Great Sea Wall.

Boreyl
A small port town to the north of the Solaran wall, it was a formerly under the control of the Valen, though fell and became an important position for the great siege of the Solaran Wall. Here were a number of workshops and training grounds, providing materials and equipment for the Vaern warmachine.

Koris
A small fortification found on an island in the Valen gulf, Koris was an important position for Orisan as an in-between point between Valentyr and Orisan via land, as well as guarding against any eastern threats.

Entyrae
Part of a small city-state nation that relied on the Valen's protection, Entyrae was a city of elves, that peacefully traded with the Valen and Astralis. Once their mighty protectors fell to the Vaern, Entyrae surrendered in the face of their imposing conquerors.
Last edited by The Seven Archangels on Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse