NATION

PASSWORD

Might Makes Right (Superhero RP) - OOC/Sign-up thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Unified Korean Peninsula
Diplomat

Founded: May 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Might Makes Right (Superhero RP) - OOC/Sign-up thread

Postby Unified Korean Peninsula » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:20 am

Might Makes Right
The beginning...
The Übermensch; the world's first costumed meta-human. Inspired by the philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche, Hitler concentrated the efforts of Nazi Germany's greatest scientific minds on the development of an "Over" or "Super" man: the Übermensch. Under the guise of researching the archaeological and cultural history of the Aryan race, Hitler instructed Himmler to found the Ahnenerbe institute, on the 1st of July, 1935. The institute conducted expeditions throughout Europe in an attempt to uncover evidence of historical meta-human activity, performing anthropometric studies and collecting ancient artefacts. At the outbreak of the Second World War, the Ahnenerbe institute's covert mission became more important than ever before and Himmler convinced Hitler to attach the Institut für Wehrwissenschaftliche Zweckforschung ("Institute for Military Scientific Research") to the Ahnenerbe. Shortly afterwards, they began to conduct extensive medical experiments using human subjects; POWs (Prisoners Of War), those unlucky enough to have been detained in concentration camps, and anyone who vocalised their political opposition to the Nazis fell victim to the Ahnenerbe's human experimentation. As the Allies closed in on Berlin, Himmler began to issue orders to hurriedly complete the Ahnenerbe's ultimate goal: the Übermensch. Despite the project's lack of readiness and protestation from the institute's senior members, Himmler ordered them to go through with the plan. The Soviet's advance upon the Reich Chancellery suddenly came to a halt when chaos erupted throughout the city. Eyewitnesses to the event reported seeing a large, lumbering creature, attired in the uniform of an SS officer, appear as if out of nowhere and begin to terrorise Berlin. The Soviets began to concentrate their attention on disrupting the creature's rampage but their efforts were met with little success. Fortunately, it eventually collapsed but, before the creature's corpse could be recovered, it exploded in a hail of blood and gore.

Hot and cold...
Following Germany's unconditional surrender to the Allies, the Americans and Soviets began snatching up ex-Nazi scientists like flies. The former had a head start on their soon-to-be Cold War competitors due to them having shifted some of the efforts of the Anglo-American Manhattan Project towards the development of their own super-soldier. The advent of the Atomic bomb, heralded by the destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, sped up the two Global Superpowers' desire to develop their own costumed meta-humans; for both practical and propaganda purposes. The American's head start paid off, but not by much. Columbia: the US' first and foremost costumed meta-human. Bedecked in a costume reminiscent of the good ol' "stars and stripes", she began her propaganda tour of the continental United States on the 28th of August, 1946; fighting crime and posing for photographs along the way. Two years later, in the spring of 1948, she travelled to Europe to help popularise the Marshall Plan (officially the ERP, European Recovery Program) amongst the war-ravaged nations. This was around the same time as the Soviets unveiled their first costumed meta-human: Hammer. The two super-powered beings would come to blows as the Cold War intensified and yet, despite both having prevented the world from destruction countless times, neither felt satisfied. Half a century passed, new meta-humans were welcomed into the world but, as the new millennium dawned, the hostilities between the USA and USSR never seemed to cease. Throughout their respective careers, Columbia and Hammer had come to develop a relationship, one that couldn't be made public or else they'd face vindication from those they professed to protect so they kept it quiet, met in private, secluded locations. However, even the most carefully constructed plans can go awry, as did theirs when Columbia became unexpectedly pregnant. Knowing that, if the public were made privy to this knowledge, Columbia would have to flee the planet, they began to consider alternate options. With the aid of other, close, costumed meta-humans, they conspired to topple the government's of the world and consequently replace them.

A new dawn...
It began on New Year's Eve; Sunday, the 31st of December, 1999. As billions around the world celebrated the dawning of a new millennium, the costumed meta-humans enacted their plan of global domination. Most were tasked with infiltrating the parliamentary buildings of the world's nations whilst others were assigned to simultaneously assume control of the aforesaid countries' collective nuclear arsenals. Nation after nation fell to the might of the costumed meta-humans, albeit unbeknownst to the billions of people who continued to celebrate New Year's Eve in blissful ignorance of the events transpiring; it was only by the light of day that everything became clear to them. As the sun rose on the horizon, people awoke, dreary-eyed and hungover from the night before, only to be subject to a global PSA (Public Service Announcement) that was being broadcast from the White House. Turning on their televisions, their radios, their computers...no matter how they were informed of what had changed as they'd slept, the world's population would have seen or heard Columbia and Hammer as they relayed the events of the previous night and what had changed. They were in control now, meta-humans would govern the world, the most powerful families of which would receive large swathes of territory to govern. These..."dynasties" would rule over the weaker meta-humans who would in turn govern smaller territories; a sort of super-powered feudalism, if you will. As for two who'd led the meta-human conquest of Earth, Columbia and Hammer, with their newborn son, relocated to Olympus; a space station orbiting the Sun. Fifteen years later and little has changed, meta-humans still govern the world yet there is disagreement on how they should run their territories, some prefer an Authoritarian approach whilst others are singularly apathetic to the plight of their people. Furthermore, a resistance movement has grown and taken hold of Australia, which has become little more than a barren, desolate wasteland after repeated bombings by the meta-human "dynasties".

This is were you come in...
Will you be the leader of a powerful meta-human dynasty or a member of the resistance seeking to overthrow their tyrannical rule? It's your choice, your decision and the outcome...well, that depends on what you do.

There are a limited number of large territories, signified by colour, in the world therefore, I will be stricter when accepting applications for these than others. However, these territories will eventually run out but I will still accept claims for smaller portions of land which will act as vassals to the meta-human dynastic houses. Furthermore, no one can claim Australia as that is under the control of the resistance however, if you wish to be a high ranking member of the resistance, then simply explain that in your character biography and other characters will act accordingly.

Rules
1. No Godmodding or metagaming, within reason. Certain characters, especially Dynastic heads, are presumably quite powerful so I (and the Co-OPs) will have to use discretion when accepting applications and, as for metagaming, I quite like meta humour sooo...just be reasonable: please.
2. I am God; my word is law. The Co-OPs are my heavenly angels, empowered by me, so don't be a dick, it's generally easier for everyone involved.
3. No one-liners, it's as simple as that. Exceptions may be made when two characters are interacting, I fully understand that writing line after line of description isn't easy when you're having a conversation with someone.
4. You can have a maximum of 3, that's right; 3 characters...no more, no less.

Co-OP(s): Britanania

Code: Select all
(Please delete parentheses)
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b]
[b]Alignment:[/b] (Dynastic houses, resistance, neutral etc.)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Hair colour:[/b]
[b]Eye colour:[/b]
[b]Picture:[/b]
[b]Additional physical features:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Sexual orientation:[/b]
[b]Abilities:[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b] (This should be a minimum of two, reasonably sized paragraphs)
[b]Starting location:[/b]
[b]Additional information:[/b]
[b]Family name:[/b] (House of ..., the ... Dynasty etc.)
[b]Dynastic head:[/b] (A character application is required for dynastic heads)
[b]Other members:[/b] (These can be NPCs but you have to state their relation to the dynastic head)
[b]Territorial claim:[/b] (Which colour on the map?)
[b]Political philosophy:[/b] (Authoritarian, libertarian etc.)
[b]Brief history:[/b] (This should include how they came to power)
[b]Family name:[/b] (House of ..., the ... Dominion etc.)
[b]Head of household:[/b] (A character application is required for heads of households)
[b]Other members:[/b] (These can be NPCs but you have to state their relation to the head of the household)
[i]Which dynasty are you subservient to?[/i]
[b]Vassal domain:[/b] (Regional territories within the colours on the world map)
[b]Political philosophy:[/b] (Authoritarian, libertarian etc.)
[b]Brief history:[/b] (This should include how they came to serve a dynasty)

Last edited by Unified Korean Peninsula on Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Unified Korean Peninsula
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Korean Peninsula » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:21 am

Character Roster
Johan of Bergström-Kalmar/The Great Detective (Plzen)
William Kent/Commissar 1 (Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States)
Ingrid von Eisenfaust/Tod Liebhaber--Death's Lover (Britanania)
Alfred Mordoe/George (Republic of the Cristo)
Xiuying-1911/Research, Samaritan, The Machine etc. (Lunas Legions Legion)
Xaiver Zephyr/Overlord (Faal Lot Himdah)
Ethan King/Formerly went under the name "Shrike", now uses the symbolic pseudonym "Minerval" (Utceforp)
Dr. Travis Vogel/"Box-head", "Dr. Boob Tube", or "That-Fuckin'-Idiot-With-A-TV-For-A-Head"...yeah, these aren't really aliases; they're more like...nicknames. (Unified Korean Peninsula aka...well, me :) )
Sarah William/Bat (Faal Lot Himdah)
Masuyo Mizuki/Hibakusha (Gayrellis)
Andrew Pratt/Chance (Cruxa)
Nile Priest/Hyperion (New Neros)
Xavier von Francis de Orleán/Tesla (Empire of Gibraltar)
Bernard von Francis de Paris/Surfer (Empire of Gibraltar)
Augustin Gediminid/The White Prince (Finland SSR)
Kyle Cosmos/Asset M (The United Empire of Exucular)
Phinehas Matheson/The Priest (Adventus Secundus)
Peter Simmons/The Nowheres Man (Ralnis)
Braidon Upton/Shining Knight (Lavan Tiri)
Paul Jackson/Twilight formerly known as Chainz (Shadowwell)
Xylon 1/ N/A (Shadowwell)
Suraj Panthera/Commander Panther (New Neros)
General Klaus Metzger/The Butcher (Fascist Republic Of Bermuda)
Mario Konstanz/Impasse (Revolutious)
Aadarsh Dakshi/Monk (Faal Lot Himdah)
Mark Quintin/Quantum (Empire of Gibraltar)
Sebastian Takeshi/Kitsune (Gayrellis)
Manfred Von Siegfried/Fenris (Prusslandia)

Claimed Dynastic Territories
Orange/Latin America--House von Eisenfaust (Britanania)
Pink/Europe, Russia, and Greenland--House of the Mordoe (Republic of the Cristo)
White/USA and Canada--The Zephyr Dynasty (Faal Lot Himdah)
Light blue/China and East Asia--Xiu Dynasty (Lunas Legion)
Green/Sub-Saharan Africa--The Clockwork House (Lavan Tiri)
Yellow/India and Southeast Asia--House of Panthera | The Panthera Dynasty (New Neros)

Claimed Vassal Dominions
The Nordic States/House of Bergström-Kalmar (Plzen)
Japan/Masuyo Dynasty (Gayrellis)
France, Benelux, and Piedmont/House of Paris (Empire of Gibraltar)
The Baltic States, Belarus, Ukraine, Poland/House Gediminid (Finland SSR )
Hawaii/House of Letters (The United Empire of Exucular)
Switzerland and Liechtenstein/The Greater Swiss Confederacy of Switzerland and Liechtenstein (Revolutious)
Nepal/The Temple of Peace (Faal Lot Himdah)
Last edited by Unified Korean Peninsula on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:27 am, edited 28 times in total.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:44 am

Hmm... is there a particular reason why you used that particular map for the big dynasties? The map looks... very odd somehow.

In any case, please reserve the Nordic States (including Estonia) as a vassal domain.

Unified Korean Peninsula
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Korean Peninsula » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:49 am

Plzen wrote:Hmm... is there a particular reason why you used that particular map for the big dynasties? The map looks... very odd somehow.

In any case, please reserve the Nordic States (including Estonia) as a vassal domain.

Sure thing, if you can find a better (preferably bigger) map then by all means, I'll use that instead. Also, the Nordic States are...well, quite large, especially for a vassal domain sooo...you know what? I'll allow it as long as you don't take Estonia, is that OK?

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:56 am

Unified Korean Peninsula wrote:
Plzen wrote:Hmm... is there a particular reason why you used that particular map for the big dynasties? The map looks... very odd somehow.

Sure thing, if you can find a better (preferably bigger) map then by all means, I'll use that instead. Also, the Nordic States are...well, quite large, especially for a vassal domain sooo...you know what? I'll allow it as long as you don't take Estonia, is that OK?

It's only large in land area. The Nordic States + Estonia is still ~25 million people. Light Blue on your map has a total of ~400 million. But if you insist, I'll drop Estonia.

As for the map, how about this?

http://i.imgur.com/CRubqSj.png

Each colored bit in the above map is 1 billion population, which means that each of the "high lords" will be more-or-less similar in power. In the map you're using right now, Black looks ridiculously overpowered.

Unified Korean Peninsula
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Korean Peninsula » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:59 am

Plzen wrote:
Unified Korean Peninsula wrote:Sure thing, if you can find a better (preferably bigger) map then by all means, I'll use that instead. Also, the Nordic States are...well, quite large, especially for a vassal domain sooo...you know what? I'll allow it as long as you don't take Estonia, is that OK?

It's only large in land area. The Nordic States + Estonia is still ~25 million people. Light Blue on your map has a total of ~400 million. But if you insist, I'll drop Estonia.

Each colored bit in the above map is 1 billion population, which means that each of the "high lords" will be more-or-less similar in power. In the map you're using right now, Black looks ridiculously overpowered.

Yeah, that's better, thanks. It makes more sense for them to have been divided relatively evenly I suppose, and thanks for dropping Estonia. Also, I'm having some trouble on how to create a vassal application, I feel like it'd be too similar to the dynasty one; any suggestions?

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:04 am

Plzen wrote:It's only large in land area. The Nordic States + Estonia is still ~25 million people. Light Blue on your map has a total of ~400 million. But if you insist, I'll drop Estonia.

Yeah, that's better, thanks. It makes more sense for them to have been divided relatively evenly I suppose, and thanks for dropping Estonia. Also, I'm having some trouble on how to create a vassal application, I feel like it'd be too similar to the dynasty one; any suggestions?

I think just something very similar to the dynasty one will do well. Just add a little section on which high lord(s) the territory is a vassal to, and include a section on what the vassal's domain(s) are called.

Also, I found this map as well. The division isn't as even, but it follows existing political borders better:
http://www.scidev.net/filemanager/root/site_assets/maps/World-Map.gif
Just erase all the useless text with Paint or something and it'll be a good map.

Unified Korean Peninsula
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Korean Peninsula » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:09 am

Plzen wrote:
Unified Korean Peninsula wrote:Yeah, that's better, thanks. It makes more sense for them to have been divided relatively evenly I suppose, and thanks for dropping Estonia. Also, I'm having some trouble on how to create a vassal application, I feel like it'd be too similar to the dynasty one; any suggestions?

I think just something very similar to the dynasty one will do well. Just add a little section on which high lord(s) the territory is a vassal to, and include a section on what the vassal's domain(s) are called.

Also, I found this map as well. The division isn't as even, but it follows existing political borders better:
Just erase all the useless text with Paint or something and it'll be a good map.

Yeah, that's a bit better but what about this one:
It's not as even in terms of population but it's divided fairly evenly and there's no background.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:23 am

Plzen wrote:I think just something very similar to the dynasty one will do well. Just add a little section on which high lord(s) the territory is a vassal to, and include a section on what the vassal's domain(s) are called.

Yeah, that's a bit better but what about this one:
It's not as even in terms of population but it's divided fairly evenly and there's no background.

I like it! A few things of note, though. If you have Paint or something, you could switch a few countries around.

North Korea fits better with Blue. It's more culturally and geographically consistent that way.
I'd also put all the Asian -stan countries (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan...) and Turkey with the rest of the Middle East. They share the Islamic religion, and it keeps Europe-Russia from being too strong. Algeria could also fit in with this region.

Unified Korean Peninsula
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Korean Peninsula » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:31 am

Plzen wrote:
Unified Korean Peninsula wrote:Yeah, that's a bit better but what about this one:
(Image)

I like it! A few things of note, though. If you have Paint or something, you could switch a few countries around.

North Korea fits better with Blue. It's more culturally and geographically consistent that way.
I'd also put all the Asian -stan countries (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan...) and Turkey with the rest of the Middle East. They share the Islamic religion, and it keeps Europe-Russia from being too strong. Algeria could also fit in with this region.

I did it, although I can't say I did an excellent job but it'll suffice...

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:33 am

Plzen wrote:I like it! A few things of note, though. If you have Paint or something, you could switch a few countries around.

I did it, although I can't say I did an excellent job but it'll suffice...

Looks good. I'll get an application up as soon as you finish the vassal application format.

Unified Korean Peninsula
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Korean Peninsula » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:48 am

Plzen wrote:
Unified Korean Peninsula wrote:I did it, although I can't say I did an excellent job but it'll suffice...

Looks good. I'll get an application up as soon as you finish the vassal application format.

I've got a rough-ish version of the vassal application format up and ready to go...kind of? Anyway, if you want to post one then you can but you'll also have to post a character application for the head of your household because this is first and foremost a character RP.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:16 am

Applications

Family name: House of Bergström-Kalmar

Head of household: Johan of Bergström-Kalmar (age 21 years)

Other members:
Katrina Stål (wife, age 20 years)
Nathaniel of Bergström-Kalmar (first child and heir, age 2 years)
Sigrid of Bergström-Kalmar (second child, age 46 weeks)

Dynasty of Liege (purple - whichever dynasty that ends up being)

Vassal domain: The Nordic States (Sweden, Norway, Denmark + Greenland, Finland, Iceland)

Political philosophy: Nationalist social-radicalism

Brief history: Johan, after the successful 1999 coup d'etat against the Swedish state, slowly seized control of the other Nordic States, establishing the Realm of the Nordic States in 2003. In gaining control of these areas, Johan borrowed substantial help from a local superpower that controlled the European Continent, to whom he now owes his allegiance. Satisfied with his current niche in the new society, the newly-created Realm of the Nordic States, Johan has offered symbolic tribute to the lord to whom he owes his allegiance and began to turn his attention to internal affairs, making the Realm of the Nordic States one of the most prosperous areas of the planet, despite its small size.

Name: Johan of Bergström-Kalmar

Alias: The Great Detective

Alignment: House of Bergström-Kalmar

Ethnicity: Scandinavian (Norse)

Nationality: Swedish-Norwegian

Height: 1.72 meters

Weight: 64 kilograms

Hair colour: Light brown

Eye colour: Dark brown

Picture:

Additional physical features: Usually wears glasses.

Personality: Cheerful and friendly. Very patient. Does not forgive easily. Hates feeling indebted. Addicted to power.

Sexual orientation: Heterosexual

Abilities: Mind-reading, detecting thoughts and emotions

Biography: Johan was the result of a joint Norwegian - Swedish genetics program designed to create a superhuman to manage national security. Due to interrupted funding, disputes between the two countries, and several administrative problems within the program, Johan was not "born," if that term can be used in his creation, until 1993. Having been created as a reasonably-functional young adult, he was, after a short but effective period of education, immediately tasked with all sorts of police support, which was his work for the next six years. Growing increasingly frustrated at the menial labor to which he was employed, Johan gladly participated in the 1999 coup d'etat against the Swedish state, then crowned himself as the Prince of the Nordic States, declaring - and later seizing - control of the lands known today as the Regions of Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, and the Independent Province of Iceland.

He created for himself the surname of Bergström-Kalmar, after the person whose genes served as a basis for his own and the city in which he was created. In 2012, Johan, under this new surname, married a Norwegian commoner (there being no other persons of superhuman ability in the Nordic States) in order to preserve his line and ensure that it rules his realm for the years to come. He currently occupies himself with the affairs of the realm, rarely leaving the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Starting location: The Royal Palace, Stockholm, Region of Sweden, Realm of the Nordic States

Additional information: Johansson's friendliness is entirely external - a guise intended to please the people he served during his period of police work. It has nothing to do with the way he actually thinks about the world.
Last edited by Plzen on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Unified Korean Peninsula
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Korean Peninsula » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:20 am

Plzen wrote:Applications

Family name: House of Bergström-Kalmar

Head of household: Johan of Bergström-Kalmar (age 21 years)

Other members:
Katrina Stål (wife, age 20 years)
Nathaniel of Bergstöm-Kalmar (first child and heir, age 2 years)
Sigrid of Bergström-Kalmar (second child, age 46 weeks)

Dynasty of Liege (purple - whichever dynasty that ends up being)

Vassal domain: The Nordic States (Sweden, Norway, Denmark + Greenland, Finland, Iceland)

Political philosophy: Nationalist social-radicalism

Brief history: Johansson, after the successful 1999 coup d'etat against the Swedish state, slowly seized control of the other Nordic States, establishing the Realm of the Nordic States in 2003. In gaining control of these areas, Johansson borrowed substantial help from a local superpower that controlled the European Continent, to whom he now owes his allegiance. Satisfied with his current niche in the new society, the newly-created Realm of the Nordic States, Johansson has offered symbolic tribute to the lord to whom he owes his allegiance and began to turn his attention to internal affairs, making the Realm of the Nordic States one of the most prosperous areas of the planet, despite its small size.

Name: Johan of Bergstöm-Kalmar

Alias: The Great Detective

Alignment: House of Bergstöm-Kalmar

Ethnicity: Scandinavian

Nationality: Swedish-Norwegian

Height: 1.72 meters

Weight: 64 kilograms

Hair colour: Light brown

Eye colour: Dark brown

Picture:

Additional physical features:

Personality: Cheerful and friendly. Very patient. Does not forgive easily. Hates feeling indebted.

Sexual orientation: Heterosexual

Abilities: Mind-reading

Biography: Johan was the result of a joint Norwegian - Swedish genetics program designed to create a superhuman to manage national security. Due to interrupted funding, disputes between the two countries, and several administrative problems within the program, Johan was not "born," if that term can be used in his creation, until 1993. Having been created as a reasonably-functional young adult, he was, after a short but effective period of education, immediately tasked with all sorts of police support, which was his work for the next six years. Growing increasingly frustrated at the menial labor to which he was employed, Johan gladly participated in the 1999 coup d'etat against the Swedish state, then crowned himself as the Prince of the Nordic States, declaring - and later seizing - control of the lands known today as the Regions of Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, and the Independent Province of Iceland.

He created for himself the surname of Bergström-Kalmar, after the person whose genes served as a basis for his own and the city in which he was created. In 2012, Johan, under this new surname, married a Norwegian commoner (there being no other persons of superhuman ability in the Nordic States) in order to preserve his line and ensure that it rules his realm for the years to come. He currently occupies himself with the affairs of the realm, rarely leaving the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Starting location: The Royal Palace, Stockholm, Region of Sweden, Realm of the Nordic States

Additional information: Johansson's friendliness is entirely external - a guise intended to please the people he served during his period of police work. It has nothing to do with the way he actually thinks about the world.

Accepted, nice work.

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:04 am

Haha! Let's get into this.
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

Unified Korean Peninsula
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Korean Peninsula » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:09 am

Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Haha! Let's get into this.

I'm glad you like it.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:45 am

Name: William Kent

Alias: Commissar 1

Alignment: Dynastic houses

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Nationality: English

Height: 1.80 m

Weight: 80 kg

Hair colour: Brown-blonde

Eye colour: Blueish-grey

Picture: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zh_oKMQj0Wk/U ... 35023-1+(3).jpg

Additional physical features: None

Personality: Highly erratic and estranged. Suffering from a slow mental breakdown, William is slowly beginning to lose his grip over what’s right or wrong, good or evil. His world is turning into a landscape of white and black, in which he forgets the very purpose. This slow slip into madness is becoming more obvious every year.

Sexual orientation: Used to be bisexual, but he has lost his touch with romance and sexuality.

Abilities: Superconductor. William has power over electricity and electromagnetism. This power has addled his electrochemical brain makeup, and every time he uses his powers, it affects him even more. He can harness the power of electricity to attack his foes, the more electrical current is near, the better it goes. Same goes for electromagnetism.

Biography: William Kent. A sore spot in the history of the world. He was born at the height of the cold war, in the backdrop of the Cuban missile crisis. With the Soviet Union gathering her strength, and with the US becoming ever-more fearful of the implications, NATO began kicking up Meta-human development. Safeguards were released, rules relaxed, and the demand increased. Furiously, scientists came up with novel meta’s, novel ideas. Less restrictions led to better weaponised human beings.

Out of this, William was born. Subject BB-89.776 was hatched from the artificial womb in 1964, one year after the assassination of American president John F. Kennedy. His powers were ground breaking in the field. Electrical manipulation through enhancement of the brain’s makeup was something that had never been done before, and it would have been forbidden under NATO directory 88, disallowing the adaptation of electrochemical brain chemistry. When NATO directory 88 was removed, the way was open for the creation of BB-89.776.

The place of William on the battlefield quickly became clear. His power over the electrical component made him useful for two roles. First, he was the perfect biological EMP. If the CIA or MI6 needed something blacked-out, William was the first to go in. His powers were perfect for shutting down entire national grids. Under the cover of darkness, protected by a personal remote, the CIA and MI6 teams could quickly jump in to strike down any opposition.

The second role, however, was far more of a grey area. His electronic capabilities turned his hands into good jumper cables. If some KGB operative didn’t want to talk, there were few better than William to make someone squeal. Electronic torture was the second half of his job. The combination of large amounts of electricity going through his brain and the morally grey task of torture combined to slowly make him descent into madness.

It was a madness he could contain, however. In 1999, William was on the forefront of the Metacoup that engulfed the world. While the citizens of earth partied, William helped black out various military facilities, turning to darkness the Pentagon, the White House, and various phone connections that ran through the American capital. When all was said and done, metahumans ruled the world, at long last. William was finally free.

His history in the secret service, however, came back to haunt him. In a collective meeting of all the great dynasties, William was appointed Commissar 1, chief of the Secret Service. William Kent would come to lead something he despised most; a secretive spy agency meant to eradicate any opposition to the rule of the Dynasties. A job he was quite good at, though. Leading the Echo Initiative, William was responsible for foiling various plots against the government. Now, with Australia in revolt, a new task begins. Operation Divine Wrath is about to commence, and we shall see how many will be able to tell the tale afterwards.

Starting location: London, getting on a plane to Sydney

Additional information: None
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.

Unified Korean Peninsula
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Korean Peninsula » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:20 am

Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Name: William Kent

Alias: Commissar 1

Alignment: Dynastic houses

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Nationality: English

Height: 1.80 m

Weight: 80 kg

Hair colour: Brown-blonde

Eye colour: Blueish-grey

Picture: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zh_oKMQj0Wk/U ... 35023-1+(3).jpg

Additional physical features: None

Personality: Highly erratic and estranged. Suffering from a slow mental breakdown, William is slowly beginning to lose his grip over what’s right or wrong, good or evil. His world is turning into a landscape of white and black, in which he forgets the very purpose. This slow slip into madness is becoming more obvious every year.

Sexual orientation: Used to be bisexual, but he has lost his touch with romance and sexuality.

Abilities: Superconductor. William has power over electricity and electromagnetism. This power has addled his electrochemical brain makeup, and every time he uses his powers, it affects him even more. He can harness the power of electricity to attack his foes, the more electrical current is near, the better it goes. Same goes for electromagnetism.

Biography: William Kent. A sore spot in the history of the world. He was born at the height of the cold war, in the backdrop of the Cuban missile crisis. With the Soviet Union gathering her strength, and with the US becoming ever-more fearful of the implications, NATO began kicking up Meta-human development. Safeguards were released, rules relaxed, and the demand increased. Furiously, scientists came up with novel meta’s, novel ideas. Less restrictions led to better weaponised human beings.

Out of this, William was born. Subject BB-89.776 was hatched from the artificial womb in 1964, one year after the assassination of American president John F. Kennedy. His powers were ground breaking in the field. Electrical manipulation through enhancement of the brain’s makeup was something that had never been done before, and it would have been forbidden under NATO directory 88, disallowing the adaptation of electrochemical brain chemistry. When NATO directory 88 was removed, the way was open for the creation of BB-89.776.

The place of William on the battlefield quickly became clear. His power over the electrical component made him useful for two roles. First, he was the perfect biological EMP. If the CIA or MI6 needed something blacked-out, William was the first to go in. His powers were perfect for shutting down entire national grids. Under the cover of darkness, protected by a personal remote, the CIA and MI6 teams could quickly jump in to strike down any opposition.

The second role, however, was far more of a grey area. His electronic capabilities turned his hands into good jumper cables. If some KGB operative didn’t want to talk, there were few better than William to make someone squeal. Electronic torture was the second half of his job. The combination of large amounts of electricity going through his brain and the morally grey task of torture combined to slowly make him descent into madness.

It was a madness he could contain, however. In 1999, William was on the forefront of the Metacoup that engulfed the world. While the citizens of earth partied, William helped black out various military facilities, turning to darkness the Pentagon, the White House, and various phone connections that ran through the American capital. When all was said and done, metahumans ruled the world, at long last. William was finally free.

His history in the secret service, however, came back to haunt him. In a collective meeting of all the great dynasties, William was appointed Commissar 1, chief of the Secret Service. William Kent would come to lead something he despised most; a secretive spy agency meant to eradicate any opposition to the rule of the Dynasties. A job he was quite good at, though. Leading the Echo Initiative, William was responsible for foiling various plots against the government. Now, with Australia in revolt, a new task begins. Operation Divine Wrath is about to commence, and we shall see how many will be able to tell the tale afterwards.

Starting location: London, getting on a plane to Sydney

Additional information: None

Accepted, you're already setting up a story arc for when the IC goes up; I can't wait to see how Operation Divine Wrath plays out.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:53 am

Honestly? Cities will probably burn. And so will a good amount of revolutionary scum. So, we'll do fine.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:41 am

Consider this a reservation for a Dynasty for when I have more time
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Unified Korean Peninsula
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Korean Peninsula » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:44 am

Britanania wrote:Consider this a reservation for a Dynasty for when I have more time

Which part of the world map do you want? Which colour?

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:46 am

Britanania wrote:Consider this a reservation for a Dynasty for when I have more time

Which part of the world map do you want? Which colour?

South America will be fine
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Unified Korean Peninsula
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Korean Peninsula » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:47 am

Britanania wrote:
Unified Korean Peninsula wrote:Which part of the world map do you want? Which colour?

South America will be fine

Sure thing, I'll reserve that for you right...NOW.

Unified Korean Peninsula
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Korean Peninsula » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:07 am

Two One WIP Resistance characters that I'm...well, working on? (I've completed Travis' application, only Zed's left now)

Name: Dr. Travis Vogel (Travis Vogel, TV...get it? Actually, you probably won't...not yet at least).
Alias: "Box-head", "Dr. Boob Tube", or "That-Fuckin'-Idiot-With-A-TV-For-A-Head"...yeah, these aren't really aliases; they're more like...nicknames.
Alignment: Vive la résistance! Travis' true allegiance lies with...well, nobody; except himself.
Age: 40...definitely...maybe...probably; honestly, it's anyone's guess.
Appearance:
Ethnicity: Caucasian, as in a white person of European origin, not originating from or relating to the Caucasus region. In hindsight, I could have just written white...yeah, that would've been a lot easier.
Nationality: American or, more specifically, a New Yorker.
Height: 1.91 metres or 6.2664042 feet (6 feet 3^13⁄64 inches)
Weight: 161 pounds or 73.0284 kilograms
Hair colour: Not particularly relevant although, prior to whole "TV-for-a-head" thing, Travis' hair colour was brown-ish.
Eye colour: Once again, not particularly relevant but, Travis' eyes used to be...well, also brown; kinda boring, right?
Picture:
Additional physical features: The TV, that is also Travis' head, uses satellites and an internal storage device to cycle through stockpiled footage and compile something resembling comprehensible speech i.e. you'll see a cut-together montage of footage from old films and television series' appear on Travis' TV head's screen.
Personality: Travis' is quite asocial and abrasive; it's not very easy to get along with him.
Sexual orientation: Pansexual, I guess? I mean, come on...the guy has a fuckin' TV for a head; he'll have sex with anything (and/or anyone).
Abilities: Enhanced Intelligence, 'nuff said.
Biography: (Not yet) Dr. Travis Vogel was born on the 20th of January, 1934 and, before you start checking out, mathematically, how I arrived at him being only 40 years old in modern day; read the rest of this biography. Travis was born and raised in a tenement building on the Lower East Side of Manhattan, New York by an alcoholic mother and an absent father...so, you know, he wasn't really raised by his father, at all; I could've just said that. Anyway, where was I? Travis' childhood...well, he excelled at school, his teachers remarking how intelligent he was despite his parents' lack of interest in Travis' education. The rest is...well, kinda boring; Travis continues to do well, academically, and his parents continue to be singularly apathetic, there really isn't much else to say.

Let's skip a few years and jump to Travis graduating high school and going to MIT (the Massachusetts Institute of Technology), his life picks up the pace a bit after that. Travis' genius was such that he graduated from high school early, at the ripe-old age of 15, and was granted a scholarship to MIT almost immediately. Not wanting to waste any time, Travis' bags were packed and he was out of the house and heading for the private research university in Cambridge, Massachusetts by the 28th of November, 1949. Travis was integral in the development of several government-sponsored research projects including SAGE (Semi-Automatic Ground Environment) and Project Apollo however, he became disillusioned with the world after witnessing the destruction that the two Superpowers' costumed meta-humans could cause and. consequently, he began to work on his own, secretive project.

Travis' work came to fruition when, in 1974, he successfully teleported a mouse from one side of a room to the other using a prototype of his MRD (Molecular Reintegration Device). Unbeknownst to him, the government had been monitoring him and his work since they'd caught him stealing supplies; which he'd later used to further his own pet-project. With this development, they intervened and wanted to use Travis' MRD for military applications however, Travis wouldn't surrender himself or his life's work to the government and instead used the invention on himself, destroying his laboratory in the process. Travis was officially regarded as deceased, despite the government never having recovered his body, and a funeral was held in lieu of an expensive and prolonged investigation.

However, Travis wasn't actually dead but had unintentionally teleported himself to an alternate dimension. Travis was greeted by beings beyond man's comprehension who decided to study him; performing an autopsy whilst using advanced technology to sustain him. Travis wasn't going to allow them to continue their abhorrent experiments and instead, began to formulate an escape plan. Secreting components of the alien's technology in...places best left unmentioned, Travis began construction of a new MRD from within his cell. Upon its completion, Travis was about to input the appropriate coordinates in time and space to return to earth but was taken by the aliens just before he could finish, concealing the MRD before they took him away. The aliens began to perform another autopsy, having removed his head, when he initiated his escape plan. Travis activated the MRD from where he'd hidden it and was teleported from the alien laboratory.

Travis arrived on Earth, sans-head, in 2010 and was, quite understandably, surprised by how much had changed since he'd left. Fashioning himself a make-shift "head" from an old television set he'd scavenged from a junk heap, Travis set out to discover the extent of the change. Travis' experiences had imbued in him with a deep distrust of authority figures and so he eventually allied himself with the resistance in Australia, fashioning them advanced technology for use against the dynasties.
Starting location: C...C...C...CANBERRA! That's the capital of Australia, you know? Most people don't know that; everyone always says Sydney.
Additional information: Travis' age went relatively unaltered between 1974 and 2010 because, what may have been several decades on Earth, was only a matter of months in the dimension Travis was imprisoned in; it also effected Travis' perception of time.

Name: Anthony "Tony" Moon (This one's a bit more obscure than "Travis Vogel", Tony Moon's an anagram of monotony which means boring or mundane...it's just a subtle-ish nod to how boring his life before zombism was, you know?)
Alias: Zed
Alignment:
Age: 36...ish, dying really screws with your perception of the passage of time.
Appearance:
Ethnicity:
Nationality: British...well, English; it's more specific.
Height: 1.78 metres or 5.83989501 feet (5 feet 10^5⁄64 inches)
Weight:
Hair colour: White...well, at least it is now.
Eye colour:
Picture:
Additional physical features: Zed's appearance reflects his desire to no longer conform to society...to no longer be oppressed by "the man"...to no longer be another zombie: ironically. Accordingly, Zed styles himself as a punk, wearing appropriate clothing and fashioning his stark white hair (a side effect of zombism) into a mohawk. However, prior to his transformation, Zed's appearance wasn't anything special; wearing clothing that you'd probably expect from a thirty-something year old who lived alone and was stuck in a dead-end job.
Personality:
Sexual orientation:
Abilities: Zombie Physiology (Type R: Revenant), also 'nuff said.
Biography: Anthony "Tony" Moon was born on the 17th of September, 1978 in Manchester (that's in England for those of you who don't know) and died on the 2nd of August, 2015; although we'll leave the latter for now and come back to it in a bit. Tony's father was a fishmonger and veritable pillar of the community, an all-round great guy, who'd lost his wife when his son was only two years old and had to consequently raise a child on his own. He didn't do a bad job of it either. Loving and supportive, Tony's father was the kind of dad that every kid wants. Tony wasn't a troubled, problematic child either, in fact, he was the opposite; Tony was a really, really boring kid. Never getting in any kind of major trouble, achieving relatively average grades at school, and not trying to rebel against authority at all. This mundane behaviour earned him the nickname Zed from his peers because all he ever seemed to do was mope around, leading a seemingly purposeless and unfulfilled existence; like a zombie, get it?

Anyway, this continued into his adult life. Tony worked in a low-level administrative job at a large accounting firm, a suitably dull occupation for an implausibly boring guy. Tony's routine was only broken by the occasional visit to the pub with his "friends", who would probably be better described as acquaintances or maybe even just co-workers. But I digress, where was I? Tony's adult life...let me think, let me think. Well, not much really happens until he gets hit by a bus whilst crossing the road on the 2nd of August, 2015; aged only 36. The funeral wasn't a big occasion, attended by close family and "friends", and the sombre affair was over fairly quickly. Tony's father did the eulogy, although there wasn't much that he could really say, and a few even bothered to mumble "Amen" as Tony was laid to rest. What happened next though was...unusual, to say the least.

A couple of months after Tony was buried, the military began conducting biological weapons testing using the corpses of the recently deceased as test subjects and, as you've probably guessed by now, Tony was one such corpse. However, they inadvertently caused a "minor" zombie outbreak within the facility (where the tests were being conducted) and, whilst the other reanimated corpses lacked anything resembling sentience, Tony was completely cognisant. In the ensuing chaos, he escaped the facility and fled to his home-town of Manchester.

Tony contemplated returning to his family and "friends" but, after glancing his own reflection in a puddle, decided against it. Instead, he used his new lease of...death, I guess? Anyway, he totally reinvented himself. Altering his appearance and abandoning his former life, Tony adopted his childhood nickname and became Zed.
Starting location: Canberra, Australia, the World etcetera, etcetera and so on and so forth.
Additional information:
Last edited by Unified Korean Peninsula on Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:18 am, edited 7 times in total.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:09 am

Just noticed and fixed a spelling error in my application. The correct surname of my character is Bergström-Kalmar, with a second "r" added in Bergstöm.
Last edited by Plzen on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse