NATION

PASSWORD

1850 : Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC][CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zionatra
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zionatra » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:24 pm

Oscalantine wrote:
Zionatra wrote:Wasn't sure if I got accepted so here is my app again

Absolutely. I didn't take a look at that before.

National Goal, believe it or not, is very important. I would like for you to think of that. The most obvious choice for you would be to survive the onslaught of Roman and Christendom rulers, or maybe it could coincide with ambition, spreading and perhaps reforming heretical religions of Christianity.

I would like for both naval and army strength to be a bit more descriptive. Number disadvantage is obvious bad, but I would like some more resulting obvious points for strengths. I would assume that training and loyalty would make for higher morale, but I cannot tell unless you make that out. Tactics and firepower is a vague one. I would like for you to specify what makes great firepower, and what makes good tactics. Does your admirals come from merchant class, and thus knowing more lay of the sea than others? Does your ships use superior cannon design... or perhaps your mathematicians board the ship as well to allow for better accuracy? I need to know! XDDD

National Figures of Interest... I can tell why, but could you distinguish whether they are currently alive or symbolic leaders of bygone kingdoms? It would be nice to have a bit of description on them.

In the history, there is a bit of guidance issue, so I need to ask you to add a few things:

1) In the history, Roman Empire technically had hold on you. This was either very weak political hold by a governor who delegated power to the locals, OR it was vassal-overlord relationship. I need you to clarify which and state how friendly/hostile you were with the Romans.

2) Technically, Roman Empire still exists in our AH, and naturally, I would like a bit more points on how Israel manage to free themselves from Romans. The guidance states a coalition of kingdoms rose in the region and Rome never had a strong power there... but I would like for you to be more descriptive.

... ... ... wow, that's a tall order. But I got your application and I will be reserving your territories. Thanks and hope you will join us soon!!!

Will fix and repost o7

Zionatra
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zionatra » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:41 pm

Fixed:

Full Nation Name : United Kingdom of Israel and Judah
Majority/Official Culture : Jewish
Territorial Core : Israel, Jordan, Nefoud desert region of arabia
Territorial Claim : [[OPTIONAL]] Syria, Sinai, Arabia
Capital City : Jerusalem
Population : 10.5 million

Government Type : Constitutional Monarchy
Government Ideology/Policies : Militant, Defensive
Government Focus : A large focus of Israel has been and always will be military defense of its homeland. However it must also focus on its culture and heritage so to better uphold the basis of society.
Head of State : King David IV
Head of Government : Senate Speaker Malakhai Kagan
Government Description : Kings act more like hereditary presidents as a profound checks an balances system called the Zepheniah system is in place. The King runs the executive, the senate is the legislative, the judges council is the judicial. It is like the US system but the King can declare war.

Majority/State Religion : Judaism
Religious Description : as you would think

Economic Ideologies : Mercantilism
Major Production : Daimonds, salt, spices, livestock
Economic Description : extremely reliant on being an inter median between east and west

Army Strength : Highly trained extreme loyalty. The loyalty allows for morale to be excessively high coupled with the exceptional training the army receives this allows Israelite forces to go to battles that would in other armies cause mass desertion, without a single man fleeing.
Army Weakness :small numbers
Naval Strength :great tactics and firepower,
The Haifa naval academy is ranked as one of the best in the world its graduate go on to become renowned naval commanders.

While much of Israel is yet to be updated in this century, however it's weaponry especially its naval guns are just as advanced as the leading weapons producers.
Naval Weakness : weak armor and small number
Further Military Description : Every able bodied man must serve two years in the military.

National Goals : Remain independent, expand to Mesopotamia, conquer northern arabia, conquer southern Syria and Lebanon
National Issues : It needs to better embrace the future and begin better trading and political cooperation
National Figures of Interest : moses, david, abraham, the kings ( said to be descended from ancient blood of david himself) the first three are from the old testament and so form the backbone or the Israeli Identity, the Kings refers to the new dynasty following the liberation from roman rule every king from Asaph forward is part of this.
National Ambition/Aspirations : To settle differences with muslim nations or failing that push muslims and Zoroastrians away from north arabia, Syria and Mesopotamia, and northern Sinai failing this convert nearby muslims and Zoroastrians to Judaism

History : Starting around the removal of the roman empire as it had become a simple governing force far away the tribes of Israel came together to decide on the path of their people. They chose a king from the number, a man they claimed to be appointed by god as the true successor to David. He led Israel against roman reconquest forces and liberated his nation.

The man named Asaph was appointed king of all the tribes of Israel. He and his descendants worked hard at solidifying the country. Sadly try as they might their efforts actually increased the power of clans in Israel. So much so that by the 1800's names are spoken with the tribe first then the given and finally surnames.

Throughout the middle ages a wave swept the middle east. Islam threatened the very foundations of both christianity and judaism and for a time it was not unusual for christians and jews to fight against muslims together, just a it was not unusual for jews to fight christians.

With the end of the medieval period and beginning of the european Renaissance Israel went through a brief cultural shift. Having worked closer and closer with christian nations the King of Israel at the time, Jakob VII proclaimed the three temple rule. All three chosen temples of the Abrahamic peoples were to be allowed in Israel. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, worshipped together for a time but as all things do the relatively peaceful era ended under the rule of King Ephren.

Banning islam he launched a small scale crusade into nearby muslim lands. Out from Ammon, Moab, and Edom he struck. Capturing several large tracts of land including the whole of Nefoud and Jordania. However to fund his wars he overtaxed and starved his people and only four years into his rule he was overthrown and his cousin David II was made King.

Much of the Sinai and southern Nefoud were lost under David II, however his armies clung to the remaining conquests as they repaired the damage done by Ephren.

In the late 1600's King Ezekial III lifted the ban on non jewish and christian religions. However by this time the majority of the population had either converted or emigrated to muslim dominant lands.

Since the rule of Ephren several conflicts had broken out with muslim nations surrounding Israel, and by the turn of the 1700's Sinai had been lost.

For the last 150 years progressivism has begun to affect Israel heavily, governmental changes due to public pressure caused the creation of a checks and balances system. Recently, in 1801 to be exact, a constitution was drawn up and King Jonathan peacefully relinquished portions of his control.

In 1827 King David IV was crowned and proclaimed his ambition to keep Israel strong and powerful, as well as a wish to bring peace to the neighboring nations.

Comparison Points – Political : 2
Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious : 2
Comparison Points – Economy : 2
Comparison Points – Military : 4
Total Comparison Points used (10 Points MAX) : 10/10
Last edited by Zionatra on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cabana
Minister

Founded: May 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:18 pm

Wouldn't it be Judea?
Post-Sarcastic Gnostic Anarcho-Fascist
Bezombia wrote:-Reagan was a Pastafarian and had statues of Cthulhu in his bed every night.
-Vladimir Lenin was married to Reagan's wife. Make of that what you will.
come on and slam
Only results! This world only remembers the results!

Oscalantine
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:56 pm

Zionatra wrote:-snip-

Thanks. I still have a bit of problems with history... as I would like to know more about how you were during and after Roman Empire in terms of breaking away from them, but it seems good for now. APPROVED AND ACCEPTED. Welcome to the RP!! I'll be making changes in next map update ^^

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:02 pm

Suekiva wrote:I can't actually find anything about Kenny having the Baltic states as a vassal, can somebody link that for me?

No need to worry. That area was Scandinavian territory... and I think someone is coming in as Livonian Order of sort. I will be making sure that new Russia doesn't have that vassal ^^;;;

Sorry Kosovo, it was kinda fair that I leave that part of Europe out. You can have Finland, however... just tell me how negotiation goes between you and Nordic Union ^^

Western Imperial Union wrote:-snip-

I approve of the change.

One thing, though... are you going to start off after Golden Khanate collapsed as a new Dynasty, or are you making a new nation from scratch? I ask this because it affects Japan and my IC posts SEVERELY... so much that it may be necessary for us to rethink some of the negotiations.

The Greater Dutch Republic wrote:(Image)
Oscal, the area labeled Kaiser Wilhelms Land is my claim, not that part of New Guinea.

Right... dammit, sorry. I'll fix that right away.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:03 pm

I'll be updating map soonish. Let me know if there are more than what I listed:

Brittany stuff... the kaisser... whatever land needs to be flipped

Nordic Union's Iceland needs a name... forget what it is atm, but I think I have it somewhere.

Gurland empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gurland empire » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:10 pm

Oscalantine wrote:I'll be updating map soonish. Let me know if there are more than what I listed:

Nordic Union's Iceland needs a name... forget what it is atm, but I think I have it somewhere.

And my colony Saldr-Rikí

The Greater Dutch Republic
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Dutch Republic » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:11 pm

Oscalantine wrote:I'll be updating map soonish. Let me know if there are more than what I listed:

Don't forget Nordic Senegal, that piece of white land in between French Senegal and Breton Sahara.
Australian Antarctica wrote:Sorry, I was Russian to be funny. Fine, I'll Finnish with them soon enough. Unless you are Hungary for more?

Conwy-shire wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote: ... but I'm about to be executed by my teachers in school...

Rule 1. If they try to execute you, execute them back

Gyrenaica wrote:Just maybe I might not see any nukes I may or may not buy off the black market and may or may not know that I may or may not have the possible launch codes that may or may not exist for the nukes that may or may not exist.

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Does anyone know the term 'invasion of red tape'?

Excessive Communist adhesive.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:14 pm

Old Tyrannia wrote:
Gurland empire wrote:
Someone's making an app for China I thought

No one is making an app for China. Altito mentioned the idea, but appears to have plumped for Morocco instead.

I'm not good at playing large nation. And Morocco is small compared to China.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

The Ethereal One
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ethereal One » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:23 pm

Hm..I have an idea. I crazy idea, but and idea.

So, no spanish/spanish-like country ever formed, according to the map?

..and, no other country or nation ever tried to colonize or dick about with the modern mexico..

What ever happened to the Aztecs?

Gurland empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurland empire » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:44 pm

The Ethereal One wrote:Hm..I have an idea. I crazy idea, but and idea.

..and, no other country or nation ever tried to colonize or dick about with the modern mexico..

That would be so cool to have the Vikings Romans and Aztecs all still in existence in 1850

Suekiva
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Suekiva » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:46 pm

I will have a post up tomorrow, I'm having procrastination issues. :p

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:52 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Suekiva
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Suekiva » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:53 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:

Originally they got conquered by Muslim Spain, I guess. I don't believe there was any mention of them in Kosovo's Mexico app.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:57 pm

You can make Spain-like nation app, I mean I only took Andalusia there, and my app still unfinished. How alternate the history can be changed?
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Suekiva
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Suekiva » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:00 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:

You can make Spain-like nation app, I mean I only took Andalusia there, and my app still unfinished. How alternate the history can be changed?

Why don't you play as the old Andalusia? You get more clay and get to mess with Christendom.

The Ethereal One
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ethereal One » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:05 pm

I was thinking moreso bringing the Aztec Empire up to 1850.

Second Helghan Empire
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Second Helghan Empire » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:06 pm

Suekiva wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

Why don't you play as the old Andalusia? You get more clay and get to mess with Christendom.

He could do that but I think he should go the other way and control Mauritania, that will lead to an amazing spot in the scramble for africa event coming up, also sicily is now a pirate territory and so cannot be claimed.
Well now, that hibernation has gotten boring, daddy is back again.

The Greater Dutch Republic
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Dutch Republic » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:06 pm

Suekiva wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

I know why he cant. Because France is invading South Iberia and will be invading Catalonia, and I have plans to unite the Celtic North with Brittany. Taking Andalusia right now would conflict with everything France and I are doing, and even if we changed that, you'd still be at war with two powerful(somewhat) nations.
Australian Antarctica wrote:Sorry, I was Russian to be funny. Fine, I'll Finnish with them soon enough. Unless you are Hungary for more?

Conwy-shire wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote: ... but I'm about to be executed by my teachers in school...

Rule 1. If they try to execute you, execute them back

Gyrenaica wrote:Just maybe I might not see any nukes I may or may not buy off the black market and may or may not know that I may or may not have the possible launch codes that may or may not exist for the nukes that may or may not exist.

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Does anyone know the term 'invasion of red tape'?

Excessive Communist adhesive.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:07 pm

Suekiva wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

Can I play as old Andalusia? I mean, if I can, then it will be fine.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:36 pm

For one, you need to remake the Islamic Spain if you folks are talking about that.

Hmmm... doesn't seem there there is a guidance on that. If your nation wishes to be Catholic Spain again, no one's stopping you.

Oh and Aztec is already reserved. Someone is working on the app there. So... nope, I cannot give you any further reserves in Mexico area because it has already been claimed.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:38 pm

Oscalantine wrote:For one, you need to remake the Islamic Spain if you folks are talking about that.

Hmmm... doesn't seem there there is a guidance on that. If your nation wishes to be Catholic Spain again, no one's stopping you.

Oh and Aztec is already reserved. Someone is working on the app there. So... nope, I cannot give you any further reserves in Mexico area because it has already been claimed.

So I can change history about Morocco and Iberian Peninsular nations to fit my nation app's history, Osca?
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Gurland empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurland empire » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:54 pm

The Ethereal One wrote:I was thinking moreso bringing the Aztec Empire up to 1850.

Since not Aztec do Inca since they were the ones in chilli right or do wich ever one was in chilli

Eurasian Hegemony
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Eurasian Hegemony » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:20 pm

Alright finally got a post up whew.

Anywho I have invited Rome, Cambria, France, Hansa, and Israel to a summit to discuss borders and claims.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:44 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Oscalantine wrote:For one, you need to remake the Islamic Spain if you folks are talking about that.

So I can change history about Morocco and Iberian Peninsular nations to fit my nation app's history, Osca?

Go to the first post, and read up on few guidances. If you don't need to agree with any... or if you do, agree with them... then you will be fine to change history as you see fit. But everything else is IRL history unless proven otherwise.

HOWEVER... that doesn't mean that your history will necessarily have to agree with to-be Spain's app. Same thing happened, where Brazil's app was supposed to have Portugal, while Andalusia had Portuguese lands from the get-go and Portugal never should have existed. I am allowing paradox to a point... although if it conflicts too much, I will ask you later on to negotiate an agreement ^^;;;

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse