NATION

PASSWORD

1850 : Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC][CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Claven
Minister

Founded: Jan 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Claven » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:14 am

Oscalantine wrote:
Of the Quendi wrote:If you are concerned about the quality of my posts then you can ask for an RP sample, though I don't see why my posting should be in question anymore then anyone else's or why I am somehow less likely to make this RP fun then other people.

My country's superlatives as you call them is nothing compared to some of the nations you have already approved. I am applying as a middle power of modest ambitions and aspirations with a population not even a tenth that of your Co-OP's mega khanate that seeks supremacy over all of Asia, how can I possibly be guilty of godmodding compared to that hegemonial hyper power aspiration. Besides why would my country always win any war it get into just because its a regional power? Regional powers loose war all the time. Both against the other countries in their region but certainly against great powers.

As for my uniqueness I have outlined a very different development of a very different Brazilian Empire in my bullet points, but yes its based on actual history. Why? Because nothing I or anyone else in this RP can think of could ever be half as fascinating let alone a fraction as complex as history. The fun of alternate history is to try to imagine what would happen if some pivotal changes to the progress of history occurred. When alternate history simply becomes a suspension of history and the invention of an ahistorical society there is no point and little fun.

You missed my point. It is not that I am questioning your ability to RP. It am not questioning your intelligence as RPer either. Heck, I don't mind if you are a hegemonic power like everyone else.

What I am saying is that it is a taboo for approving any app with superlative wording. I just went ahead and explained it instead of saying "nope, try again" because you, one of my many guests in this RP whom I am so glad you desire to join, deserve to know why I am saying no. The uniqueness is... well, I apologize. I did come off strong on that point. I really should have said that it is one of many options for you to not use superlative words and still have a powerful army.

... ... .. please don't poke at my one and only elephant in the room. If Sci was ANY less of a person that he is, I would have downright denied his request for Mongolia/China. And believe you me, he isn't getting ANY more freebees from now on. Seriously, Russia is one thing, but when ENTIRE Chinese mainland and all its population glory is in the hands of a single man... I start to get a bit anxious about things ^^;;;

Don't worry, U.S. Assyrians will drink from their skulls :twisted:
Protector: The Unified Earth Government
Protectorate: Penguinlanda
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest

My Views On These Nations
The Unified Earth Government
Finsternia
Completed!! Open for business!! TG me!!
Cumberlanda wrote:Not exactly frightened at their military.
Their promiscuity? Scary.
Coalition for Justice

Oscalantine
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:16 am

Claven wrote:Don't worry, U.S. Assyrians will drink from their skulls :twisted:

If you can spare the time from fighting with Romans to come beat on the Mongols every once in awhile, that would be grand XDDD

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:21 am

Oscalantine wrote:You missed my point. It is not that I am questioning your ability to RP. It am not questioning your intelligence as RPer either. Heck, I don't mind if you are a hegemonic power like everyone else.

What I am saying is that it is a taboo for approving any app with superlative wording. I just went ahead and explained it instead of saying "nope, try again" because you, one of my many guests in this RP whom I am so glad you desire to join, deserve to know why I am saying no. The uniqueness is... well, I apologize. I did come off strong on that point. I really should have said that it is one of many options for you to not use superlative words and still have a powerful army.

... ... .. please don't poke at my one and only elephant in the room. If Sci was ANY less of a person that he is, I would have downright denied his request for Mongolia/China. And believe you me, he isn't getting ANY more freebees from now on. Seriously, Russia is one thing, but when ENTIRE Chinese mainland and all its population glory is in the hands of a single man... I start to get a bit anxious about things ^^;;;

Well if the problem is simply superlatives then I can just remove those.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:23 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Oscalantine wrote:You missed my point. It is not that I am questioning your ability to RP. It am not questioning your intelligence as RPer either. Heck, I don't mind if you are a hegemonic power like everyone else.

Well if the problem is simply superlatives then I can just remove those.

Please ^^

I may have came off as lecturing you... and if I did, I am sorry and it really wasn't my intent. I thought it would be better to explain why I am not approving you than saying "I cannot approve your app" and leaving things there.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:24 am

Oscalantine wrote:Please ^^

I may have came off as lecturing you... and if I did, I am sorry and it really wasn't my intent. I thought it would be better to explain why I am not approving you than saying "I cannot approve your app" and leaving things there.

NP, I have a tendency to be quite lecturing myself as there are probably some people around here who can attest. ANyway consider the superlatives removed.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Claven
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Claven » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:04 am

Done

Nation Application

[code]Full Nation Name : Neo-Akkadian Empire
Majority/Official Culture : Mesopotamian (with a great deal of influence from Persian and Greek cultures)
Territorial Core :
Territorial Claims: Israel, Phoenicia, Jordan, Elam, Nabataea, and the Sinai
Capital City : Babylon
Population : 11,000,000

Government Type : Absolute Monarchy
Government Ideology/Policies : Imperialist, Religious, Traditionalist, Nationalist, Expansionist
Government Focus : The government is intent on completely modernizing the empire while still maintaining the traditional culture that has been cultivated for almost 6000 years now. It is trying to find a way to balance political freedoms and order, while still holding on to the ancient values. The military, since ancient times, has always been a focus of the government, being a way to show imperial might, maintain order, and expand the borders of the empire
Head of State : King Assurdan
Head of Government : King Assurdan with the advice of his court
Government Description : The power of government is vested within the King, who rules the empire with the advice of his court. The court is mostly made up of members of the royal family, religious figures, nobles, and a few scholars. All members have to be in the favor of the King or risk being banished from the court. Normal citizens are not allowed to be part of the court

Majority/State Religion : Ancient Mesopotamian Polytheism
Religious Description : The Akkadians continue to practice the ancient religion of their ancestors, this form of polytheism being perhaps the oldest, continuous form of polytheism (and perhaps even religion). Each city has its own patron God, however some newer cities share the same gods as the older ones due to the settlers being from the latter. The Mesopotamian pantheon is headed by Enlil (Ashur being his Assyrian counterpart), the king of the gods and master of the world.

Economic Ideologies : Capitalism, with a mix of state planning
Major Production : Grains and cereals, poultry, dairy products, iron mining, and marble
Economic Description : The economy is still very much reliant on agriculture, most farms being small scale and family owned. However, the government has initiated plans to begin buying large plots of farmlands and investing in new technologies to improve production. The iron mining industry is mostly owned by rich businessmen with close contacts with the government. Plans are also being made to begin the process of industrialization, but there with small urban populations, the fulfillment of such plans will take much time. Trade is also becoming less and less important as European powers are finding new trade routs to the east.

Army Strength : The fiercest army in the near east, the Akkadians are well known for their military might. There are many capable generals who have much experience in fighting bro outing armies. Their cavalry is renowned for their effectiveness in the field. Heavy infantry is still utilized to full effect, and have routed many an enemy with their charges. The army is also well acquainted with modern-level artillery. Modern line infantry regiments are also being added to the army, slowly replacing old archer and infantry regiments.
Army Weakness : Lack of modern weaponry. The use of bows and arrows is still more common than rifles and other modern ranged weapons. The army is also only suited to its current location (the near east), never having experienced battle in different environments.
Naval Strength : Great in coastal waters and defending the ports, the navy is great when used defensively. With little to no coastline, the empire is relatively safe from naval invasions
Naval Weakness : While still capable in defense, the navy is becoming severely outdated. It is also unable to undergo ocean travel and is limited to coastal waters. Furthermore, there is a lacking of experienced naval officers and admirals.
Further Military Description : The empire has a standing army of 150,000 soldiers split into 10 divisions, consisting of 2 heavy cavalry, 2 ranged cavalry, 4 heavy infantry, 3 archer, 2 line infantry, and 2 artillery divisions. Reserve force of 100,000 troops could be called up within 3 months time, and the empire is always preparing for a war with her neighbors. The navy consists of roughly 50 ships in the gulf, and 20 ships in the Eastern Mediterranean. They are mostly used for defending ports and merchant ships.

The military also acts as a police force, maintaining order and suppressing revolts. In the past, the military has also been used as a political tool to remove potential rivals in the court and has even declared new kings. Currently, the military is to be kept completely separate from politics, loyal solely to the king.

The military still maintains is fierce some reputations and great terrors have been committed against Akkads neighbors and rivals. Psychological warfare is a main aspect of the military, and deportations have regularly occurred in previously conquered territory. Also, slave labor is utilized and conquered people's have a choice to serve in the army as conscripts or other forms of labor for a retain period of time to secure their freedom and rights as full citizens.

National Goals : To secure the Middle East and to continue the legacy of Mesopotamian civilization
National Issues : The empire needs to modernize rapidly to avoid being taken out by her neighbors. New techniques have yet to be used in agriculture, thus increasing the need for more people to work the land, and less people to migrate to cities. Infrastructure is also old and slowly crumbling. The political system of the empire is dominated by the royals and nobles, and average people are either apathetic to politics or are demanding reform.
National Figures of Interest : None
National Ambition/Aspirations : To recreate the old Neo-Assyrian empire, thus conquering the entire Near East

History :
The collapse of the Achaemenid empire after the death of Darius I due to the competing claims for the throne split the old empire into roughly eight nations. Of these, Assyria was ruled by Persian nobles who had gained influence in the area. They spoke Aramaic and adopted Assyrian culture, as did most of the new rulers with their respective nations. During this time Assyria was constantly under threat of invasion by her neighbors, namely the once more great Babylonian and Persian empires. It was their aim to reconstruct their respective empires, thus annexing Assyria. Struggling to maintain the southwestern front, the kingdom collapsed and was ruled by the Babylonians in the south, the Persians in the east, and in the west, Phoenicians and other lesser kingdoms took over.

It is only during the time after Alexander the greats invasions do we see a resurrection of the Assyrian nation. Alexander, with his desire to recreate the empire of Cyrus, managed to conquer all of the near east, Egypt, the Caucasus, and much of the southern parts of Central Asia as well as Pakistan. After his death, some semblance of control remained as the generals agreed to form a temporary coalition government. However, this did not lasts long, as Ptolemy married the descendants of the Persio-Egyptian rulers of Egypt and declared himself the true successor. Seleucus, a lesser general managed to wrestle control of the entire eastern portion of the empire and from there the two giants sought to overcome each other. The Ptolemids, with their desire to see the Seleucids fall, took to supporting proto-nationalist movements within her enemy. Support was given to the Assyrians and together, they managed to gain control of Nineveh and Ashur, the historic capitals of the Assyrian empire.

The Assyrians managed to maintain control over northern Mesopotamia, pushing back Seleucid attempts to retake the territory. The Ptolemids managed to liberate the other nations of the near east, Israel and Phoenicia, reducing further Seleucid power in the west. Finally, the Seleucids collapsed into multiple Greco-Eastern empires, and Babylon managed to regain control over southern Mesopotamia. The sparking of Assyrian nationalism had created a desire by her kings to see the lands of ancient Akkad united. Through years of fierce warfare, and the great ravaging of the fertile lands, Babylon finally fell to the Assyrians. Up to this point, Aramaic had become the lingua franca of the near east. The now unified Akkadians sought to change that and began a process of reconstructing the old languages of Akkadian and Sumerian. At that point, the ancient languages of Sumer were almost as old to the Assyrians of that point as they are to the year 1850.

Around the year 100 BC, the Akkadians began to expand once more, taking over the entire Fertile Crescent, much of Persia, and almost conquering Egypt. It was in the later years that the Akkadians met the Romans on the field of battle, Rome managing to make Egypt her vassal and gain influence over all of Asia Minor. The Akkadians and Romans continuously fought border skirmishes, no clear victor ever emerging. At that point, the empire had began to stagnate, and her power continuously weakened. She was unprepared to face the rise of the Arabs, and they then conquered all of the empire. The Arabs reigned relatively fairly for the first years, but under the Umayyads, Arabs were granted a special status. Greatly angered, many revolts emerged but all were suppressed successfully.

It was when the Turkic hordes of Central Asia arrived that the Akkadian empire reemerged. The Arabs and Turks competing for influence, weakened both nations, and Assyria managed to take back her old provinces. Sparing few of the Turkics, the Assyrians slaughtered her enemies and pushed them back to the Iranian plateau. The Arabs too weakened, collapsed and many ancient empires rose once more. However, while the Assyrians attempted to rebuild their empire, the Mongols arrived and smashed her attempts. They didn't stay for long though, as they in turn were defeated by the Egyptian armies. Capitalizing on this opportunity, the Assyrians once more took to arms and rid themselves of their conquerors.

In the years after, great pains were taken to reunite the Akkadian empire, Babylon for a few centuries seemed impregnable. However, eventually, it too fell and the Akkadians entered an era of peace, security and prosperity. To secure her eastern border, she created the state of Elam, reconstructing the ancient empire. Now, with the rise of new powers on the west, her eyes once more turn to the western regions of the Fertile Crescent.

Comparison Points – Political : 2
Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious : 4
Comparison Points – Economy : 1
Comparison Points – Military : 3
Total Comparison Points used: 10/10

Finsternia
Coalition for Justice

Kosovo12345
Minister

Founded: Mar 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kosovo12345 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:40 am

Gone for 1 night= 3 new pages
Really guys :eyebrow:
lol, im not really mad

Suekiva
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Suekiva » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:46 am

Tracian gave me the south coast of Crimea, and my capital in near modern Sevastopol. Could you add that onto the map next update? Thanks!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:04 am

Suekiva wrote:Tracian gave me the south coast of Crimea, and my capital in near modern Sevastopol. Could you add that onto the map next update? Thanks!

Hey, would you mind if I would keep a small fleet in there? Not with the purpose of affecting your sovereignty in any way, I just want to have it there in case the Russians of someone else tries to do something.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Suekiva
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Suekiva » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:05 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Suekiva wrote:Tracian gave me the south coast of Crimea, and my capital in near modern Sevastopol. Could you add that onto the map next update? Thanks!

Hey, would you mind if I would keep a small fleet in there? Not with the purpose of affecting your sovereignty in any way, I just want to have it there in case the Russians of someone else tries to do something.

Sure.

Princess Kenny
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Princess Kenny » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:09 am

Whelp a Firefox crash made me loose most of my app. :eyebrow:
★ Roleplays★

Claven
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Claven » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:24 am

Claven wrote:Just realized this was there XD. Gonna try something, tell me if its too much

Guidance Name : The Achaemenid Collapse

Guidance Description : After the death of Darius I, the throne of Persia was contested between Xerxes and his half-brother Artobarzanes, the eldest son. The two brothers competed for influence amongst the satraps, and each created his own sphere of influence. The revolts in Egypt and Babylon grew, and the two brothers rushed to suppress them. In Babylon, Xerxes actions outraged the natives and the Persians were kicked out of the city. Achaemenes, a brother of Xerxes was sent to crush the revolt in Egypt, but he later declared the independence of Egypt by making himself Pharaoh and adopting Ancient Egyptian customs. Artobarzanes, taking the opportunity, declared himself King of Babylon and led her armies to victory over a few Persian armies. Unrest erupted over the empire and soon the Hebrews, Phoenicians, Anatolians and Assyrians too declared their independence. Xerxes and his armies were unable to prevent said things from occurring and he had to be content with Persia, Media and Elam.

Thus, the Persian empire was now pushed to the east, consisting of the Iranian plateau and parts of Central Asia. For many years after, they would try without success to conquer the territories of her former empire. In many of the states, old Persian marbles became the rulers. To cement their control, they adopted the cultures and languages of their respective territories

Affected Area : Middle East, Central Asia, Egypt, and Greece (Greece because Xerxe's invasion of Greece wouldnt have happened)

Finsternia
Coalition for Justice

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:54 am

Western Imperial Union wrote:Full Nation Name :Confederation of California
Majority/Official Culture : Somewhat european but mostly Native culturally
Territorial Core : California, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, New Mexico, Idaho, Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Montana (not all of Wyoming and Colorado and Montana),
Territorial claim:Baja California, Montana, Colorado, British Columbia
Capital City : [where Sacramento is] Sierra
Population :21 million severely centered along the coast with very widespread population centers in the rest of the country

Government Type : Republic
Government Ideology/Policies : Freedom of the individual, adopt new ideas to survive
Government Focus : Currently the economy is the main focus however the military is a close second
Head of State : Speaker Shikoba Wayra (sheyekoba weyra)
Head of Government : Chancellor Ujurak Isi (oohoorak eesee)
Government Description : Confederation of eight regions named for the dominant tribe.
Democratic

Majority/State Religion : majority is an animal pantheon with severl types of polytheistic religions present
Religious Description : animals are believed to gods and their children. Thus when an animal is eaten it is a religious meal.

Economic Ideologies : While there is business protection in place there is mostly capitalism in the majority of the confederation. However there is a commune in every district, so the poor can move there work for a while and be fed before moving out of it to rejoin the majority.
Major Production :
Silver, Gold, Food, Coal, Lumber, textiles
Economic Description :While not industrializing till 1818 the confederation's economy is booming plentiful arable land and even more resources allow for a diversified economy. While mostly it still relies on agriculture and resource collection it is beginning to produce manufactured goods.

Army Strength : Extremely well versed in irregular tactics and small unit warfare they are easily some of the most elite soldiers in the world
Army Weakness :extremely small numbers and somewhat outdated weapons
Naval Strength :fast ships with very decent boarding capabilities
Naval Weakness :few ships and poor durability
Further Military Description : organization:
There are currently five armies in the Confederation
1st Army: Chumash Army=15,000
1st Brigade=3,000
2nd Brigade=3,000
3rd Brigade=3,000
4th Brigade=3,000
5th Brigade= 3,000
Each brigade has 3 regiments of 1,000 men

Each regiment has four Companies of 100 men
Each company has four Platoons with 25 men each
Each platoon has two sections of twenty and an artillery team of five
Each section has two squads of five which is divided into warband 1 and 1-2 number 1 having two men and a Warband leader and 1-2 having two men.
The armies are as follows 1st Army Chumash, 2nd Army Chinook, 3rd Army Navajo, 4th Army Shoshone, 5th Army Crow,

With a significant preference toward longer ranged weapons the confederate soldiers never fight in lines. They launch attacks, retreat ambush and counterattack, they launch surprise raids before the enemy can take the field to meet them.

National Goals :Unite plains Nations under the Confederation, Bring Canadian Tribes into the nation, Aide the Apache in Unification and bring annex texas as Apache district
National Issues : lesser tribes need to be better assimilated
National Figures of Interest : Chumash Chief Kawakatuse (unified the Chinook, Chumash, Navajo to form the original confederation.
National Ambition: Unify all tribes of the americas.

History :

In the early 1600's visits from european colonists exploring the western coast of North America led to interaction and a relative culture shock of the area. Starting with the Chumash tribe wars and ideology spread like wildfire. By 1670 all of southern California and parts of the Mojave Desert were under Chumash control. Around that same time the Chinook after brief wars with neighboring tribes had secured the majority of the Northeast coast.

In 1685 The Chumash had been assimilating entire tribes rather than just prisoners of war for over 35 years. They had begun to alter the general ideology of native americans in the area. War had become about land and prestige.

When Navajo and Chumash began coming in contact the two discovered one another to be equal matches. They traded with one another and built on each other's success. In the North the Chinook had expanded to control much of the Northwest assimilating all the tribes they conquered and were steadily expanding.

It took another forty years but the five tribes of the confederation had expanded and assimilated until they all bordered each other by 1725.

Chief Kawakatuse was born to the Chumash people in what became Sierra. He began more extensive inter tribe dealings and by his thirtieth birthday had diplomatically convinced the Navajo and Chinook to join the Chumash in a confederation.

The three became catapulted to power over the other parts of Western North America. Soon however Shoshone and Crow alliance became a bitter enemy. In 1763 with the death of Kawakatuse the next Leader was elected ordered an invasion of Shoshone lands. The war lasted until 1769 when the Crow and Shoshone were finally defeated in the battle of the snake river.

Under the confederation the five tribes gradually worked through their differences and by 1800 the tribes had become a very stable nation. In 1810 an Apache chief under confederate protection approached the government of California in hopes to get their help in the Apache want for independence from foreign control.

While unable to fight alongside their Apache brothers the Confederation has been supplying arms and publicly calling for the Apache territory independence. However the issue is growing quite quickly, and war is a growing possibility.

Comparison Points – Political :2
Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious :2
Comparison Points – Economy : 3
Total Comparison Points used (10 Points MAX) :10 /10

Unify all tribes in the Americas?

Lol no.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam
Senator

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:51 am

Oscalantine wrote:
Of the Quendi wrote:If you are concerned about the quality of my posts then you can ask for an RP sample, though I don't see why my posting should be in question anymore then anyone else's or why I am somehow less likely to make this RP fun then other people.

My country's superlatives as you call them is nothing compared to some of the nations you have already approved. I am applying as a middle power of modest ambitions and aspirations with a population not even a tenth that of your Co-OP's mega khanate that seeks supremacy over all of Asia, how can I possibly be guilty of godmodding compared to that hegemonial hyper power aspiration. Besides why would my country always win any war it get into just because its a regional power? Regional powers loose war all the time. Both against the other countries in their region but certainly against great powers.

As for my uniqueness I have outlined a very different development of a very different Brazilian Empire in my bullet points, but yes its based on actual history. Why? Because nothing I or anyone else in this RP can think of could ever be half as fascinating let alone a fraction as complex as history. The fun of alternate history is to try to imagine what would happen if some pivotal changes to the progress of history occurred. When alternate history simply becomes a suspension of history and the invention of an ahistorical society there is no point and little fun.

You missed my point. It is not that I am questioning your ability to RP. It am not questioning your intelligence as RPer either. Heck, I don't mind if you are a hegemonic power like everyone else.

Lets just say...... a shitload of ethnic problems is not gonna make running china fun....... also......
People want democracy.... the government doesn't

and how is my app pascal?
Last edited by In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam on Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:13 am

Second Helghan Empire wrote:
Hello sorry it took so very long to get my app up but finally here it is. The Hansa Federation.

Full Nation Name :Greater Hansa Federation
Majority/Official Culture :German
Territorial Core :Modern Germany, Eastern Prussia, Silesia (Part of Eastern Prussia at the time), Denmark
Territorial Claim : [[OPTIONAL]] The Netherlands, Switzerland
Capital City : Hamburg
Population :37 million

Government Type : Federation of Republics
Government Ideology/Policies : Mercantilism
Government Focus : economy
Head of State : Chairman Alfonse Schmidt
Head of Government : Committee Speaker Dietrich Mayr
Government Description :A federation originally of only merchants in northern germany trying to enhance german states through simply mercantile means. However the League was forced to evolve following the collapse of the Holy Roman Empire, the chaos allowed the League to gain control though it was known as the Federation once it had done so. Every member state has elections and governments separate from the Federal government. However they also vote on Federation Council members. There are to Branches of the Council, The Hansa Decision Board with one member from each State and the Hansa Committe board with number of members from a state based on a population premise.

Majority/State Religion :Protestantism but Asatruer (Norse Mythology) is making a comeback
Religious Description : Christians are feeling more and more angry at Rome due to past transgressions and few christians remain in Hansa land especially catholic.

Economic Ideologies : Mercantilism
Major Production : Coal, Metals, foodstuffs
Economic Description :Extremely powerful, with extremely efficient trading between Federation member states and other nations.

Army Strength :Well trained Well armed
Army Weakness :relatively small, inexperienced
Naval Strength :Extremely durable ships
Naval Weakness :Weakened firepower
Further Military Description : There are approximately only 3,550 active military personnel, but in times of war each Hansa state supplements the Federal military

National Goals :Trade everywhere
National Issues : More aggressive in territorial acquisition
National Figures of Interest : Charlemagne, Willhelm Trouf (First Chairman of Hansa Federation)
National Ambition/Aspirations : Become World power

History :
1400’s Hansa League is formed, as a union of traders and artisans that are using the league to support their state’s nobles.
1500’s Hansa ideology is beginning a slight shift from supporting the nobles to supporting the commoner.
1600’s Hansa supports the renaissance spreading into Germany, Hansa becomes more unified and centralized around Hamburg.
1700’s Hansa has altered history, Hamburg becomes the most powerful city in northern Germany, and flourishes with Hansa cooperation.
1768 Hansa funds a small revolt in Hamburg, Hamburg becomes a city state republic, and is recognized as the Hansa main hub.
1790 With Hansa capital as fuel Hamburg soon dominates the north economically and challengers soon find themselves lacking in funds with no Hansa support.
1800 Hansa funds two small revolts one in Berlin another in Vianna, Both fail but weaken the Nations holding those areas.
1804 Napoleon conquers Most of Hansa territory including Hamburg.
1813 Following the complete defeat in Russia Napoleon is forced out of Hansa lands, During the last two Years of the First Napoleonic war Hansa establishes Hamburg as its capital, and with the collapse of Napoleon occupied areas of Germany, Hansa moves in and establishes Republics.
1814 A second and subsequent third revolution in Prussia funded by Willhelm Trouf’s Hansa Federation collapses the country and allows Hansa to establish more member states there.
1820’s most countries attempt some kind of small probing invasion of the Hansa Federation, only to find coupled with amazingly strong defense the damage done to the treasuries of most European nations was unacceptable and retreated returning to the status quo.
1829-1833 Danish-Hansa war, an invasion launched into northern Denmark while backed by pro Hansa revolutionaries. It took four years but the Denmark nobility eventually capitulated and were captured by Hansa troops. They were allowed to retain control of Copenhagen and Denmark’s overseas territories.
1850 Hansa has entered the Golden age. It has Become a powerful European nation and can challenge other powers as one as well.

Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious : 1
Comparison Points – Economy : 4
Comparison Points – Military :3
Total Comparison Points used (10 Points MAX) : 10/10

I have a bit of issue with history... being just over my acceptable threshold.

However, your factors are unique enough that I understand you just didn't have enough years to develop them. Still, if you are willing, please update and elaborate a bit more on history ^^

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:22 am

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:
Full Nation Name : The Golden Khanate
Majority/Official Culture : Offical Cultures are Mongolian and Chinese
Territorial Core : MOngolia and china
Territorial Claim : [[OPTIONAL]]India, Russia, Central Asia, Southeast Asia, Europe.
Capital City : Beijing
Population : 450-500 Million

Government Type :Elected Khanate
Government Ideology/Policies : [[OPTIONAL]][Militant, Imperialist, Expansionist, Capitalist, Industrialist,
Government Focus : The Khanate is still very military focused, but realizes that to have a strong military, you need to have the best tech, the most production, and a happy populace(though they dont actually do this one)
Head of State : Khan Gang Zhang
Head of Government : Chang Liu
Government Description : The Government has three main groups of power and structure. There is the "Chosen Ones" who gain power because the Khan puts them in power. These are mostly the best for the job, though there are some that are chosen because of favors. It has minor, minor corruption. The second main group is the military, which is chosen by the main general the khan elects, though the khan can veto any choices the main general makes. The third group, and the weakest, is a small group of administrators, chosen by the people. They have almost no power, and only real purpose is to keep the civilians happy and in line.

Majority/State Religion : Follows the main Chinese polytheistic beliefs. State sponsors Chi You
Religious Description : [[OPTIONAL]]

Economic Ideologies : Capitalism, Mercantilism, and a recent heavy focus on industrialization
Major Production : Metals, and Coal. There is a growing production of weapons and refined goods.
Economic Description : With the wealth of resources in china, china is less reliant of other, but does import what it needs too. The Khante doesn't want to be reliant on others, so there is more of a imperialist focus.

Army Strength : Gaining modernization, Extremely good generals. Pretty good discipline.
The arm is 60% mounted, with 60% of that being horse shooters, and the rest being heavy shock horse troops. Doesn't need a long supply train
Army Weakness : Not much experience. Espionage has weakened
With the lack of a war in a while, the army doesn't have much experience. They also lose a out of people who disobey orders.
Naval Strength : Has some of the best and biggest ships in the world
Naval Weakness : Doesn't actually have many
Further Military Description : [[OPTIONAL]]

National Goals :
1. To Crush the Russian Scum, and retake the land there.
2. To expand into Central asia
3. To colonize much of the world
4. To take back the indian lands....
National Issues : MASSIVE Ethnic Problems, and a greater wish for democracy from the people. Also, all the other countries around hate them.....
National Figures of Interest :Chi Heng
National Ambition/Aspirations : A modernized China, with good generals, no real ethnic problems, and a lot more land

History : [[Can be in paragraph or bulletpoint timeline.]]
*1217: The Khwarazmians didn't fuck with the mongols. When the Khans convoy reached their area, the people in it were treated with a lot of respect and hospitality (some due to the fear of the Mongols.
*1218: The Mongol Empire starts preparing for another push into China. They wished to make their victory certain too be absolute, and the fact that the Jin we less fractious and had learned from their mistakes.
*1224: The Mongol Empire invades the weakened Jin Empire, with a army 3 times their normal size.
*1227: The Invasion of the Jin empire is over, with 1/3 of their army destroyed, and the Jin nonexistent. They demand full annexation, and it is given.
*1228: Temujin dies, Ögödei ascends to the throne.
*1234: Song empire invaded, with a army twice the size of the one the normal army of the Mongols.
*1239: Upper Half of Song Empire annexed. Song severely weakened. Unrest increases in the Chinese provinces of the Mongolian empire
*1241: Ögödei sends invasion force into the Khwarazmians area. No real reason for it, except tha they had insulted us by not accepted our outrageous demands.
*1245: Khwarazmian loses 1/7th of their land. Mongols didn't take more, because they already had a problem with over extension already, and didn't want to screw up.
*1246: Ögödei dies, Güyük rises to power, sends army into Russia (purpose was scouting and weakening the area). Unrest nearing a critical point.
*1250: Scouting force comes back, with map of the area, and with several destroyed russian principalities noted in their logs.
*1255: Khoja Rises to power after his father dies.
*1257: Sends Army into Khwarazmians territory. Army is around 1.5 times the size of the one that went into Russia.
*1262: Khwarazmians beaten, annexed. This area would rise up soon....
*1264: Ismailis invaded. Army same as the size as the one that invaded Russia.
*1267: Khwarazmians uprising happens. their army was three times the size of the one that was sent into Russia.
*1270: Khwarazmians uprising crushed with troops from the invasion force, and some fresh troops from China (now mostly pacified)
*1274: Ismailis beaten, 1/3 area annexed. The rebel crushing force had joined up with the invasion force.
*1275: Khan dies, Möngke (his son) comes into power.
*1280: Civil War breaks out when a general tries to seize power from the not quite legitimate Khan.
*1290: Civil war ends, with Möngke still in power, though the Khwarazmians broke away from the nation in a uprising.
*1300: Black death spreads to the middle east..... In the end, it destroyed 2/3rds of that area.
*1340: Black Death Enters Europe....
*1400: Black Death Ends.... By the end, 2/3rds of Europe was dead.
*1440: Alaska Discovered. Mongols thinks nothing about it
*1460: Mongols know about everything from Alaska to mexico
*1400-1700: Hiatus in Chinese expansion, with several minor civil wars.
1550: Policy of the Khan choosing the leading general, and the policy of the Khan being chosen by a election of a group of people is instated.
1675: Russia declares war on the mongolian empire, which was lead by the worst, modt corrupt Khan that they had ever had.
1680: Mongolian Forces crushed in the Battle of Siberia.
1683: Mongolian Army pushed back to Kamchatca.
1684: Mongols accept a peace offer. They give the Siberian area to Russia.
1685: Reform demanded. China starts westernizing.
1695: Chinese Reactionary forces rise up.
1697: Chinese Reactionary forces crushed.
1700-1750: new farming techniques instituted, population explodes.
1725: China westernized.
1730: China appeases the people with a policy that gives them some say in running and path of their nation.
*1795: Industrialization begins
*1835: New Khan comes to power. Khan Gang Zhang is one of the bloodiest and most warlike Khan in the history of the Khanate.....

Comparison Points – Political : 1
Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious : 1
Comparison Points – Economy : 4
Comparison Points – Military :4

Right. That's more than enough history. Although... next time, don't need to make MORE events, but just elaborate more on ones you did have. APPROVED
Last edited by Oscalantine on Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:36 am

Western Imperial Union wrote:
Full Nation Name :Confederation of California
Majority/Official Culture : Somewhat european but mostly Native culturally
Territorial Core : California, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, New Mexico, Idaho, Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Montana (not all of Wyoming and Colorado and Montana),
Territorial claim:Baja California, Montana, Colorado, British Columbia
Capital City : [where Sacramento is] Sierra
Population :21 million severely centered along the coast with very widespread population centers in the rest of the country

Government Type : Republic
Government Ideology/Policies : Freedom of the individual, adopt new ideas to survive
Government Focus : Currently the economy is the main focus however the military is a close second
Head of State : Speaker Shikoba Wayra (sheyekoba weyra)
Head of Government : Chancellor Ujurak Isi (oohoorak eesee)
Government Description : Confederation of eight regions named for the dominant tribe.
Democratic

Majority/State Religion : majority is an animal pantheon with severl types of polytheistic religions present
Religious Description : animals are believed to gods and their children. Thus when an animal is eaten it is a religious meal.

Economic Ideologies : While there is business protection in place there is mostly capitalism in the majority of the confederation. However there is a commune in every district, so the poor can move there work for a while and be fed before moving out of it to rejoin the majority.
Major Production :
Silver, Gold, Food, Coal, Lumber, textiles
Economic Description :While not industrializing till 1818 the confederation's economy is booming plentiful arable land and even more resources allow for a diversified economy. While mostly it still relies on agriculture and resource collection it is beginning to produce manufactured goods.

Army Strength : Extremely well versed in irregular tactics and small unit warfare they are easily some of the most elite soldiers in the world
Army Weakness :extremely small numbers and somewhat outdated weapons
Naval Strength :fast ships with very decent boarding capabilities
Naval Weakness :few ships and poor durability
Further Military Description : organization:
There are currently five armies in the Confederation
1st Army: Chumash Army=15,000
1st Brigade=3,000
2nd Brigade=3,000
3rd Brigade=3,000
4th Brigade=3,000
5th Brigade= 3,000
Each brigade has 3 regiments of 1,000 men

Each regiment has four Companies of 100 men
Each company has four Platoons with 25 men each
Each platoon has two sections of twenty and an artillery team of five
Each section has two squads of five which is divided into warband 1 and 1-2 number 1 having two men and a Warband leader and 1-2 having two men.
The armies are as follows 1st Army Chumash, 2nd Army Chinook, 3rd Army Navajo, 4th Army Shoshone, 5th Army Crow,

With a significant preference toward longer ranged weapons the confederate soldiers never fight in lines. They launch attacks, retreat ambush and counterattack, they launch surprise raids before the enemy can take the field to meet them.

National Goals :Unite plains Nations under the Confederation, Bring Canadian Tribes into the nation, Aide the Apache in Unification and bring annex texas as Apache district
National Issues : lesser tribes need to be better assimilated
National Figures of Interest : Chumash Chief Kawakatuse (unified the Chinook, Chumash, Navajo to form the original confederation.
National Ambition: Unify all tribes of the americas.

History :

In the early 1600's visits from european colonists exploring the western coast of North America led to interaction and a relative culture shock of the area. Starting with the Chumash tribe wars and ideology spread like wildfire. By 1670 all of southern California and parts of the Mojave Desert were under Chumash control. Around that same time the Chinook after brief wars with neighboring tribes had secured the majority of the Northeast coast.

In 1685 The Chumash had been assimilating entire tribes rather than just prisoners of war for over 35 years. They had begun to alter the general ideology of native americans in the area. War had become about land and prestige.

When Navajo and Chumash began coming in contact the two discovered one another to be equal matches. They traded with one another and built on each other's success. In the North the Chinook had expanded to control much of the Northwest assimilating all the tribes they conquered and were steadily expanding.

It took another forty years but the five tribes of the confederation had expanded and assimilated until they all bordered each other by 1725.

Chief Kawakatuse was born to the Chumash people in what became Sierra. He began more extensive inter tribe dealings and by his thirtieth birthday had diplomatically convinced the Navajo and Chinook to join the Chumash in a confederation.

The three became catapulted to power over the other parts of Western North America. Soon however Shoshone and Crow alliance became a bitter enemy. In 1763 with the death of Kawakatuse the next Leader was elected ordered an invasion of Shoshone lands. The war lasted until 1769 when the Crow and Shoshone were finally defeated in the battle of the snake river.

Under the confederation the five tribes gradually worked through their differences and by 1800 the tribes had become a very stable nation. In 1810 an Apache chief under confederate protection approached the government of California in hopes to get their help in the Apache want for independence from foreign control.

While unable to fight alongside their Apache brothers the Confederation has been supplying arms and publicly calling for the Apache territory independence. However the issue is growing quite quickly, and war is a growing possibility.

Comparison Points – Political :2
Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious :2
Comparison Points – Economy : 3
Total Comparison Points used (10 Points MAX) :10 /10

APPROVED

Err... btw, You didn't reserve Montana and... other states. The problem is that because of this, I already approved reserve of Louisiana area. If you can confirm your claims and make necessary changes... it would be awesome~!!

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:51 am

Claven wrote:Done
Nation Application

[code]Full Nation Name : Neo-Akkadian Empire
Majority/Official Culture : Mesopotamian (with a great deal of influence from Persian and Greek cultures)
Territorial Core :
Territorial Claims: Israel, Phoenicia, Jordan, Elam, Nabataea, and the Sinai
Capital City : Babylon
Population : 11,000,000

Government Type : Absolute Monarchy
Government Ideology/Policies : Imperialist, Religious, Traditionalist, Nationalist, Expansionist
Government Focus : The government is intent on completely modernizing the empire while still maintaining the traditional culture that has been cultivated for almost 6000 years now. It is trying to find a way to balance political freedoms and order, while still holding on to the ancient values. The military, since ancient times, has always been a focus of the government, being a way to show imperial might, maintain order, and expand the borders of the empire
Head of State : King Assurdan
Head of Government : King Assurdan with the advice of his court
Government Description : The power of government is vested within the King, who rules the empire with the advice of his court. The court is mostly made up of members of the royal family, religious figures, nobles, and a few scholars. All members have to be in the favor of the King or risk being banished from the court. Normal citizens are not allowed to be part of the court

Majority/State Religion : Ancient Mesopotamian Polytheism
Religious Description : The Akkadians continue to practice the ancient religion of their ancestors, this form of polytheism being perhaps the oldest, continuous form of polytheism (and perhaps even religion). Each city has its own patron God, however some newer cities share the same gods as the older ones due to the settlers being from the latter. The Mesopotamian pantheon is headed by Enlil (Ashur being his Assyrian counterpart), the king of the gods and master of the world.

Economic Ideologies : Capitalism, with a mix of state planning
Major Production : Grains and cereals, poultry, dairy products, iron mining, and marble
Economic Description : The economy is still very much reliant on agriculture, most farms being small scale and family owned. However, the government has initiated plans to begin buying large plots of farmlands and investing in new technologies to improve production. The iron mining industry is mostly owned by rich businessmen with close contacts with the government. Plans are also being made to begin the process of industrialization, but there with small urban populations, the fulfillment of such plans will take much time. Trade is also becoming less and less important as European powers are finding new trade routs to the east.

Army Strength : The fiercest army in the near east, the Akkadians are well known for their military might. There are many capable generals who have much experience in fighting bro outing armies. Their cavalry is renowned for their effectiveness in the field. Heavy infantry is still utilized to full effect, and have routed many an enemy with their charges. The army is also well acquainted with modern-level artillery. Modern line infantry regiments are also being added to the army, slowly replacing old archer and infantry regiments.
Army Weakness : Lack of modern weaponry. The use of bows and arrows is still more common than rifles and other modern ranged weapons. The army is also only suited to its current location (the near east), never having experienced battle in different environments.
Naval Strength : Great in coastal waters and defending the ports, the navy is great when used defensively. With little to no coastline, the empire is relatively safe from naval invasions
Naval Weakness : While still capable in defense, the navy is becoming severely outdated. It is also unable to undergo ocean travel and is limited to coastal waters. Furthermore, there is a lacking of experienced naval officers and admirals.
Further Military Description : The empire has a standing army of 150,000 soldiers split into 10 divisions, consisting of 2 heavy cavalry, 2 ranged cavalry, 4 heavy infantry, 3 archer, 2 line infantry, and 2 artillery divisions. Reserve force of 100,000 troops could be called up within 3 months time, and the empire is always preparing for a war with her neighbors. The navy consists of roughly 50 ships in the gulf, and 20 ships in the Eastern Mediterranean. They are mostly used for defending ports and merchant ships.

The military also acts as a police force, maintaining order and suppressing revolts. In the past, the military has also been used as a political tool to remove potential rivals in the court and has even declared new kings. Currently, the military is to be kept completely separate from politics, loyal solely to the king.

The military still maintains is fierce some reputations and great terrors have been committed against Akkads neighbors and rivals. Psychological warfare is a main aspect of the military, and deportations have regularly occurred in previously conquered territory. Also, slave labor is utilized and conquered people's have a choice to serve in the army as conscripts or other forms of labor for a retain period of time to secure their freedom and rights as full citizens.

National Goals : To secure the Middle East and to continue the legacy of Mesopotamian civilization
National Issues : The empire needs to modernize rapidly to avoid being taken out by her neighbors. New techniques have yet to be used in agriculture, thus increasing the need for more people to work the land, and less people to migrate to cities. Infrastructure is also old and slowly crumbling. The political system of the empire is dominated by the royals and nobles, and average people are either apathetic to politics or are demanding reform.
National Figures of Interest : None
National Ambition/Aspirations : To recreate the old Neo-Assyrian empire, thus conquering the entire Near East

History :
The collapse of the Achaemenid empire after the death of Darius I due to the competing claims for the throne split the old empire into roughly eight nations. Of these, Assyria was ruled by Persian nobles who had gained influence in the area. They spoke Aramaic and adopted Assyrian culture, as did most of the new rulers with their respective nations. During this time Assyria was constantly under threat of invasion by her neighbors, namely the once more great Babylonian and Persian empires. It was their aim to reconstruct their respective empires, thus annexing Assyria. Struggling to maintain the southwestern front, the kingdom collapsed and was ruled by the Babylonians in the south, the Persians in the east, and in the west, Phoenicians and other lesser kingdoms took over.

It is only during the time after Alexander the greats invasions do we see a resurrection of the Assyrian nation. Alexander, with his desire to recreate the empire of Cyrus, managed to conquer all of the near east, Egypt, the Caucasus, and much of the southern parts of Central Asia as well as Pakistan. After his death, some semblance of control remained as the generals agreed to form a temporary coalition government. However, this did not lasts long, as Ptolemy married the descendants of the Persio-Egyptian rulers of Egypt and declared himself the true successor. Seleucus, a lesser general managed to wrestle control of the entire eastern portion of the empire and from there the two giants sought to overcome each other. The Ptolemids, with their desire to see the Seleucids fall, took to supporting proto-nationalist movements within her enemy. Support was given to the Assyrians and together, they managed to gain control of Nineveh and Ashur, the historic capitals of the Assyrian empire.

The Assyrians managed to maintain control over northern Mesopotamia, pushing back Seleucid attempts to retake the territory. The Ptolemids managed to liberate the other nations of the near east, Israel and Phoenicia, reducing further Seleucid power in the west. Finally, the Seleucids collapsed into multiple Greco-Eastern empires, and Babylon managed to regain control over southern Mesopotamia. The sparking of Assyrian nationalism had created a desire by her kings to see the lands of ancient Akkad united. Through years of fierce warfare, and the great ravaging of the fertile lands, Babylon finally fell to the Assyrians. Up to this point, Aramaic had become the lingua franca of the near east. The now unified Akkadians sought to change that and began a process of reconstructing the old languages of Akkadian and Sumerian. At that point, the ancient languages of Sumer were almost as old to the Assyrians of that point as they are to the year 1850.

Around the year 100 BC, the Akkadians began to expand once more, taking over the entire Fertile Crescent, much of Persia, and almost conquering Egypt. It was in the later years that the Akkadians met the Romans on the field of battle, Rome managing to make Egypt her vassal and gain influence over all of Asia Minor. The Akkadians and Romans continuously fought border skirmishes, no clear victor ever emerging. At that point, the empire had began to stagnate, and her power continuously weakened. She was unprepared to face the rise of the Arabs, and they then conquered all of the empire. The Arabs reigned relatively fairly for the first years, but under the Umayyads, Arabs were granted a special status. Greatly angered, many revolts emerged but all were suppressed successfully.

It was when the Turkic hordes of Central Asia arrived that the Akkadian empire reemerged. The Arabs and Turks competing for influence, weakened both nations, and Assyria managed to take back her old provinces. Sparing few of the Turkics, the Assyrians slaughtered her enemies and pushed them back to the Iranian plateau. The Arabs too weakened, collapsed and many ancient empires rose once more. However, while the Assyrians attempted to rebuild their empire, the Mongols arrived and smashed her attempts. They didn't stay for long though, as they in turn were defeated by the Egyptian armies. Capitalizing on this opportunity, the Assyrians once more took to arms and rid themselves of their conquerors.

In the years after, great pains were taken to reunite the Akkadian empire, Babylon for a few centuries seemed impregnable. However, eventually, it too fell and the Akkadians entered an era of peace, security and prosperity. To secure her eastern border, she created the state of Elam, reconstructing the ancient empire. Now, with the rise of new powers on the west, her eyes once more turn to the western regions of the Fertile Crescent.

Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious : 4
Comparison Points – Economy : 1
Total Comparison Points used: 10/10

APPROVED

Awesome app. I like how you managed to push out history from the less than modern era. I could only skim it because I need to go to sleep, but I know contents when I see them ^^. Thanks and welcome to the RP!!

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:51 am

My app's almost done. I just need to know how far back you need me to start for the history.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:58 am

That's it for apps for now.

Will update map... eventually. But I need to take a break from map tmw (after my sleep) to get my own app done.

Anyhow... g'night folks. I hope that co-OPs will help me with further reserves and approvals?

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:09 am

ApplePieistan wrote:My app's almost done. I just need to know how far back you need me to start for the history.

For me it diverged as far back as 1646 so that should be an indicator :P.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:11 am

Oscalantine wrote:
Claven wrote:Don't worry, U.S. Assyrians will drink from their skulls :twisted:

If you can spare the time from fighting with Romans to come beat on the Mongols every once in awhile, that would be grand XDDD

Don't worry, I don't intend on fighting him. My primary objectives are Rome and the Black Sea coast. I can probably help against the Mongols too.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

The New Byzantine II
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The New Byzantine II » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:37 am

Full Nation Name : Empire of Japan
Majority/Official Culture : Japanese
Territorial Core : Japan and the Kuril Islands
Territorial Claim : Sakhalin Island, Kamchatka Peninsula, Korean Peninsula, Formosa Island, Manchuria/possibly territories of the Golden Khanate
Capital City : Tokyo
Population : 36,965,000

Government Type : [url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daijō-kan]Daijō-kan][/url]
Government Ideology/Policies : Japanese nationalism | Militarism | Imperialism | "Expansionism-aligned"
Government Focus : It focuses on economy, pure Japanese nationalism, militarism, imperialism, and a bit expansionism. This government is legit after the Meiji Restoration.
Head of State : Emperor Meiji
Head of Government : Emperor Meiji
Government Description : [url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daijō-kan]Daijō-kan description[/url]

Majority/State Religion : De jure none but de facto espousing Shintoism.

Economic Ideologies : A merchant-like capitalist economy
Major Production : WIP
Economic Description : [[OPTIONAL]]

Army Strength : The strength of the Japanese Imperial Army is they are well-trained during the 'early' Boshin War, trained by Meiji's imperial court. They are good in martial arts, using katana and middle-ranged rifles against enemies.
Army Weakness : The weakness of the Japanese Imperial Army is that they combat against long-ranged enemies, bombardment, the loss of their commander and the loss of their morale.
Naval Strength : Most of the ships of the Japanese Imperial Navy are pirate ships made by the Ryukyu pirate clan after they joined with the Imperial Court against the Tokugawa Shogunate, they are good in cornering an enemy ship and shooting with cannons
Naval Weakness : Death.

National Goals : To become an Asian power, to become a powerful empire, and defeat the eternal state of Asia called the Golden Khanate.
National Issues : Even after the Tokugawa Shogunate is defeated and collapsed in the war: they are still Tokugawa Symphatizers, poverty, economic turmoil, and yeah.
National Figures of Interest : Emperor is the god of Japan.
National Ambition/Aspirations : "Japan will rise!"
History : Well, we all know that in the real life, the Boshin War started somewhere in 1865, but this time is different, the Boshin War has started when a Britannian trade ship arrive in Tokyo in 1848, the Tokugawa Shogunate wants to stay in isolation but many people angered at the shogunate because the Japanese people wants to stay outside the isolation. The war started when various clans unite against the Shogunate which is called the Imperial Court by the various clans led by an 21 year-old man, Meiji, who is the most powerful people in the disunited Japan led the various clans to defeat the Shogunate. The war started after a Britannian ship arrive in Japan a month ago.

In 1850, the Shogunate presence were dissapeared which the Imperial Court one and established the Empire of Japan.

Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious : 2
Comparison Points – Economy : 2
Comparison Points – Military : 4
Formerly The New Byzantine. Your typical NationStates member since late 2014.
Just call me Byzantine/TNB/Byz because no one really calls me The New Byzantine.

Left-wing nationalist, civic nationalist and a social democratic corporatist.

Kumbhalgarh wrote:Shwetang teleported out of the car. He teleported behind of the teacher, and poked a stick into his/her butt, and then Shwetang teleported back.

Kosovo12345
Minister

Founded: Mar 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kosovo12345 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:43 am

The New Byzantine II wrote:Full Nation Name : Empire of Japan
Territorial Claim : Sakhalin Island, Kamchatka Peninsula, Korean Peninsula, Formosa Island, Manchuria/possibly territories of the Golden Khanate

Government Type : [url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daijō-kan]Daijō-kan][/url]
Government Ideology/Policies : Japanese nationalism | Militarism | Imperialism | "Expansionism-aligned"
Government Focus : It focuses on economy, pure Japanese nationalism, militarism, imperialism, and a bit expansionism. This government is legit after the Meiji Restoration.
Government Description : [url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daijō-kan]Daijō-kan description[/url]

Army Strength : The strength of the Japanese Imperial Army is they are well-trained during the 'early' Boshin War, trained by Meiji's imperial court. They are good in martial arts, using katana and middle-ranged rifles against enemies.
Army Weakness : The weakness of the Japanese Imperial Army is that they combat against long-ranged enemies, bombardment, the loss of their commander and the loss of their morale.
Naval Strength : Most of the ships of the Japanese Imperial Navy are pirate ships made by the Ryukyu pirate clan after they joined with the Imperial Court against the Tokugawa Shogunate, they are good in cornering an enemy ship and shooting with cannons

National Goals : To become an Asian power, to become a powerful empire, and defeat the eternal state of Asia called the Golden Khanate.
National Issues : Even after the Tokugawa Shogunate is defeated and collapsed in the war: they are still Tokugawa Symphatizers, poverty, economic turmoil, and yeah.
History : Well, we all know that in the real life, the Boshin War started somewhere in 1865, but this time is different, the Boshin War has started when a Britannian trade ship arrive in Tokyo in 1848, the Tokugawa Shogunate wants to stay in isolation but many people angered at the shogunate because the Japanese people wants to stay outside the isolation. The war started when various clans unite against the Shogunate which is called the Imperial Court by the various clans led by an 21 year-old man, Meiji, who is the most powerful people in the disunited Japan led the various clans to defeat the Shogunate. The war started after a Britannian ship arrive in Japan a month ago.

In 1850, the Shogunate presence were dissapeared which the Imperial Court one and established the Empire of Japan.

You might want a longer history
The naval weakness cant be death
and for government, please dont just use links, write something.

The New Byzantine II
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The New Byzantine II » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:47 am

Kosovo12345 wrote:
The New Byzantine II wrote:Full Nation Name : Empire of Japan

You might want a longer history
The naval weakness cant be death
and for government, please dont just use links, write something.

It's a WIP.

And also are you a co-OP of this RP?
Formerly The New Byzantine. Your typical NationStates member since late 2014.
Just call me Byzantine/TNB/Byz because no one really calls me The New Byzantine.

Left-wing nationalist, civic nationalist and a social democratic corporatist.

Kumbhalgarh wrote:Shwetang teleported out of the car. He teleported behind of the teacher, and poked a stick into his/her butt, and then Shwetang teleported back.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse