NATION

PASSWORD

Dead Men from the Past (OOC, FT/FanT, Sign-up)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Empire of the Rising Moon
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Dead Men from the Past (OOC, FT/FanT, Sign-up)

Postby Empire of the Rising Moon » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:37 pm

When man scorched the earth
Well Beyond That anything nature could do
Man decided to initiate two projects that where to coincide
The First being storing the DNA of man and recreating man after the earth healed
The Second being to store a select few into a vault to guide our descendants away from their mistakes
Over two thousand years have passed since man scorched the earth
Those that live with man's DNA do not remember
those that live that is man do
You do

Welcome to a ERM RP set in the EVE Program Universe! This is my first attempt at an RP set in a fantasy/Future tech setting. You will play as an Operation Eden EVE unit, however you can make (in fact I encourage you too) a descendant or two to control as well. If this has caught your eyes than read on!

Backstory
The year is 3023GD. You were one of the few selected to participate in Operation Eden. You were picked to be one of the caretakers of the "New Generation" along with many others. You willingly (or unwillingly) had your brain put into an advanced neural computational computer, which are called EVE, in a vault where you would rest until Operation Eden is activated. You were told you would guide those that were created to replace man down the path of righteousness, and to not stray into destruction like your kind did. To do this exponential task, each EVE were stored in different vaults in the massive underground facility and given autonomous factories, the information to create and program advanced robotics, as well as the technology to connect your EVE to said robotics. The factories are also equipped to manufacture almost anything imaginable due to the lack of certainty of how it is best to keep the decedents on the right path. To save stress on the facility, all EVE's were told that they would stay in standby mode until the Vault keeper deems it is time for Operation Eden to activate.

The year is 2037CD. You are activated along with Other EVE's, all in a nonlinear fashion. You have been informed that Operation Eden is to activate, and you are given access rights to all of the facilities in your particular vault. The vault keeper then starts a scan while you are getting used to the systems, and after several moments shows you a map of the "new world" with several markings on it. It then informs you that you must make contact with the decedents and bring them under your "Keep" and "guide" them in any way you see fit.

White = Operation Eden Base & Vaults (OEBV)
Brown = Kai Sovereignty
Blue = Rising Wave City Port
Red = Spathan
Yellow = Pars
Orange = Romia
Grey = Sevatibon

City Information
OEBV: The Operation Eden Base & Vaults is where the EVEs are stored as well as their vaults. This area stretches many miles underground and in every direction. It is said to be bigger than a pre-war city and has a pre-war town that stands above the main access door to the vault, which comes up in an ruined steel mill.

Kai Sovereignty: One of the first cities created by the descendants, it is also the most backwards. It has long passed its prime and is on its way to downfall. With the largest population out of all the major city-states, it needs land to farm.

Rising Wave CIty Port: One of the first cities created by the descendants, it is a major trade and military partner of Pars. It is one of the larger populations, rivaling the Kai Sovereignty, however it needs the land to expand its trade resources.

Spathan: One of the smaller cities, it has a strong military tradition. It is a military ally with Romia, and provides the majority of Romia's troops. It needs the land to grow its population.

Pars: The only city located on an island, it has next to no military. It is a major trade player in the world scene due to its vast fleet of merchant ships and small trading port villages along the East coast. In terms of land, it already has plenty, however needs land from the main cities to get the population to settle it.

Romia: The third largest city-state in the world, it is in its classical era and got its name from ancient ruins with what looked to them as ROMIOUS in their language, nobody knows what it actually says but they just adapted it. They take land to expand their glorious empire.

Sevatibon: The smallest out of all the city states, it is also the most dangerous. It has a high concentration of those that practice the special arts and is the leader in philosophy and science. They need land to grant them a buffer zone that allows them breathing space during a war.

Descendant Information
Descendants are generally human looking but have rather animal ears and/or tail. Descendants seem to have adapted to use a particle that was used in the weapons of the Great War, and it allows them to do feats that most would consider breaking the several scientific laws. They seem to have a gland that has replaced the appendix that fills up with the particles as they are inhaled with the air. Although any descendant can do feats that are like magic, it requires training and many years to dedication leading to not many descendants being able to use it.

They are in what we would call the dark ages as they had to start from scratch and operation Eden didn't trigger for some reason or another until 2037 years after the descendants were first created. They are constantly declaring war on and off trying to conquer land and over ideological reasons. Due to almost no records from before they were created, they think of humans as nothing more than myths that they tell to entertain. Almost all descendants have citizenship for the city-state they reside in, or in the surrounding area of, leading to the maps to be clearly defined. Although many in the cities believe the world should belong to them, those in the country-side really don't care as they just focus on what needs to be done for their village to prosper.

Their is a small group in the Rising Wave City Port and the Kai Sovereignty that believe that they existed and were constantly looking for clues until they stumbled into the OEBV and accidentally activated the Vault Keeper. This leads to the beginning of the RP, and will be the main supporters of the EVEs in early RP.

EVE App
Code: Select all
[b]EVE Name:[/b]
[b]EVE Unit:[/b]
[b]Vault Num:[/b]
[b]Facilities:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]

Descendant Citizenship Application
Code: Select all
[b]Citizenship[/b]:
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Sex[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Appearance[/b]:
[b]Special abilities[/b]:
[b]Bio[/b]:

Example + Explanation
EVE Name: (This is the Name of your EVE, it will generally be the pre-war name as well as a title.) Vault Keeper, Avery Ozyspit
EVE Unit: (This is it's numeric number printed on the EVE Unit as well as the title accompanying said unit) 000, "Vault Keeper"
Vault Num: (Doesn't have to be the same as EVE Unit, this just dictates how close to the main entrance your vault is) 000
Facilities: (The Main Facilities that your vault contains. You don't have to be independent or self reliant, however that doesn't mean you can't be. Any thing that might need explaining, do explain)

EVE Life Support: The system responsible for keeping all of the EVE Units alive. It provides the needs of the brain as well as the monitoring of all EVE Units systems
Administration: The facility used to keep track of, as well as to store, all information pertaining to the EVE units and Vaults. Also is responsible for organizing any supplies sent to and from vault 000.
Double Factory: A autonomous factory that is around four times larger than any other vaults factory and is capable of almost any task, from mass production to fine details.
Large Mine: A Mine that is large enough to supply several vaults needs to mass produce at once. It is not the largest mine in the complex but is still rather large.
Large Processor: A large resource processor to supply several vaults needs to mass produce at once. It is not the largest processor in the complex.
Neural Upkeep center: This center is dedicated to keeping all EVE units at peek efficiency as well as being the main relay for the EVEs to their robots outside of the Vault.
Satellite Up-link Center: This center is dedicated to using any Pre-war satellites and any newly launched ones.
Security Bay: Filled with large amounts of armaments and security robots built throughout the centuries by the Vault Keeper to keep the complex safe. It is estimated that it has enough armaments to destroy the world again.
Storage Bay: A large warehouse containing almost anything that would be required to maintain the facility, as well as keep up to 1000 people fed and watered for 100 years.
Main Power Generators: The largest reactors in the vault, it can power almost every vault in the complex, however it would strain to do so and would eventually break down doing so.
Secondary Power Generators: A set of standard reactors found in other vaults to power only Vault 000 in case of Main Reactor malfunction.
Main Access Doors: The main gate to the world outside of the Complex. It is the largest door and the only door capable of letting things as big as battleships to exit the facility.
Train Station & Maintenance facility: The facility responsible for housing and maintaining the massive Cargo trains used inside the main hallways to transport cargo and other stuff.
RESTRICTED: Several Facilities in the restricted zone of Vault 000 are kept from the EVEs, however due to the vault keeper having to put in accurate records of all facilities to the EVEs, had to simply give the title of RESTRICTED to them to avoid giving out what they really are. They will be revealed throughout the RP.

Bio: (This is just a brief or long Bio of your character) The leader of the Operation Eden, She was picked to be the Vault Keeper that was to oversee the vaults and to protect the EVE's and their facilities. She was given the largest Vault and administrative access to all the vaults and EVE's facilities allowing her to control everything inside of the facility. She was, however, damaged when the bombs destroyed the world due to her vault being the first one and being the closest to the doors of the facility. The shock waves cut off her ability to communicate with the Descendant Creation Facility, making it impossible to clear the check to activate Operation Eden. That was until a group of descendants found the facility and opened the door, activating EVE 000's security system, which incidentally was the emergency activation of Operation Eden. This lead to her being able to awaken other EVE's and give them their access rights to their facilities.

Citizenship: (Which City-State they hail from) Kai Sovereignty
Name: (Obvious) Aliz Von Binaka
Sex: (Obvious) Female
Appearance: (Give a brief description or pic) 4'6, skinny and rather weak. Has fox ears & tail with reddish orange fur with a black tip on the ends. Is often seen wearing a skirt that goes down over her knees and a long sleeve shirt.
Special abilities: (Alchemy? Magic? Flight? List 'em) Has practiced utilitarian magic from the young age of 6, and started practicing hunting magic at the age of 15.
Bio: (A brief bio) Born into a minister family, she was forced to learn magic from a young age in order to best serve the leaders of the state. She was ...blabidy blab blab... She then joined the expidition to some recently discovered ruins to the south east of the city.

Rules
1. What I say goes
2. You can argue with other players, however due it via TG and not in the OOC
3. If you want to attack another EVE or the Descendants, you will notify me.
4. I can, and will add more rules if an unexpected event happens
5. You don't have to be on every day, just if you only post once a week, give a IC reason for it, such as faulty wiring, slow processing, Travel time, etc
6. Have Fun, There is no point RPing if your not having fun!
7. Not Clear on something? Ask me, I will answer them and put them into the "Questions?" Tab that is underneath the rules.

1. Q: Are all the vaults in one sprawling underground complex?
A: Yes, a underground complex that stretches many miles in every direction to house the massive facilities required by every EVE

2. Q: What Technological age the natives in?
A: It's a mix of Classical (Height of Rome) and European Medieval period. It depends which area you go to, as the farther away from other natives a group is the more likely they are more Classical than Medieval.

3. Q: Do EVEs have their Descendant-makers or are they off-site?
A: They are off-site and were automated, however their connection with the Complex was cut before it activated, which is why Project Eden didn't start until way after it was supposed too. It could be reactivated to make unmodified people, however it hasn't been used since 0CD. Bonus answer: CD stands for Creation Day, as in when the descendants were first created.

4. Q: What things does the map represent?
A: It is a world map. The ocean in the middle is what is left of what used to be a mostly water world. The non blue colors represent both elevation as well as fertility (thus meaning forests and native species that live there). Due to the lack of a source of water besides the one lack means that it is impossible for the descendants to move away from the ocean in expansion.

5. Q: What is ERM?
A: Empire of the Rising Moon, it is the shorthand way of writing it that I took from other RP's where I was included in the roster as it is rather long.

6. Q: Does the vault number and EVE number have to be the same?
A: Nope. The vault number is how far away from Vault 000 and the main entrance to the complex is. EVE number is a call sign and organization of who was created into an EVE first. IE EVE 000 was the first person to be turned into an EVE while EVE 120 is the 120th person to be turned into an EVE.

7. Q: Can other players have a title on their EVE?
A: Yes, it is actually encouraged. Each EVE can have specializations or be general porpoise.

8. Q: Title says Fantasy Tech as well as Future Tech, whats the deal?
A: The EVE's have access to Future Tech equipment and use them at their disposal. The planet however has changed in drastic ways, and creatures that were once considered myths and legends due roam. The Descendants also have a power that did not exist before, and is closely akin to magic. Why is that? I might tell you guys if you guys do the research in the IC on why that is.

9. Q: Are EVEs Interdependent or Independent?
A: Technically both. Each vault was given a choice over what they wanted in the ways of facilities. However their is only a limited amount of space in each vault for facilities leading to many things having to come from other Vaults. Example, Vault 000 is the largest vault and is responsible for the EVEs so it will give power to the EVEs until they can rather start up their independent reactors, or if they don't have one, supply them with power unless something happens. Another example might be say EVE 0XX has a mine and processors, however doesn't have the machinery to turn them into robotics, they will send the resources to EVE 0YY who will manufacture them into robots in return for a steady supply of resources to use for their own porpoises.

10. Q: How would vault, lets say 263, get outside if their is only one main door at vault 000?
A: There is roughly about 1 service door per 4 vaults. The service doors aren't as large as the main door but large enough to get a tank through (yes they are still rather large doors)

11. Q: Can an EVE expand their vault?
A: Yes, they can expand their vault by going down. However if you don't have a mine or factory you will have to borrow a section of the vault keepers factory to build the required materials, robots and tools to expand.

IC:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=345645
Universe RP: http://theeveprogram.weebly.com/
Yes, I made a website. It is really barren right now, but with your help it will become a webpage that contains all the little lore, the little creatures to the legendary, the almanach, the wikipedia to the EVE Program Universe (thats what I'm calling it as Deminis gave me the idea for the webpage)
Last edited by Empire of the Rising Moon on Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:14 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Well I do all sorts of RP's, mainly PT and FT, although by cannon my nation is PT mixed with FanT
Billy May's Here! And this is ERM, 100% guaranteed or your money back!

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:21 am

Tag.

Nekronia
Senator

Founded: Dec 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nekronia » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:34 am

God, I really want to join but I haven't had enough drive lately to post in any ICs. I'd feel pretty bad if I joined and then couldn't summon my muse when it was needed. But on the other hand, I have a lot of fun ideas. Oh well, may as well toss some questions in, since that'd help anyone who has similar ones. I'll get an app up later once the questions are answered. I've been slowly feeling better so I'll likely be better by the time the IC's up.

1. Are all of the vaults in one sprawling underground complex, or are they in a valley or something? How are they laid out relative to eachother? It sounds like it's like one massive vault with "sub-vaults" of some sort, but it's good to be sure. Are the EVEs interdependent or are they independent (E.g. Unit 000 has power generators, but are these generators for all units or just Unit 000 and those he deems fit?)? If they're interdependent (or otherwise integrated), do they have to share usage, or could EVEs cut off services/resources to other more to other more problematic EVEs (E.g. Unit 0xx is trying to start a war, but Unit 000 thinks this is against their purpose and stops feeding power.)
  2. What technological age are the natives in? The OP says that they're in "the dark ages", but I'm just confirming since that could mean that they're just in a bad time (like a radioactive hellhole where progress and democracy are dead) instead of medieval Europe. This is mostly important for which personality I'm gonna use for my Descendant and which for my EVE.
  3. Do EVEs have their Descendent-maker still and would be able to reboot it, or is the facility something off-site and can't be controlled? If it were fixed, would it still make humans with animal features, or would it make regular unmodified humans?
  4. What things does the map represent? Is it a global map with only one tiny sea left, or is it just a map that covers what would be a medium-sized town surrounding a lake? If it's a global map, what's the local area like in general (forest, urban ruins, rocky desert, savanna, mountains etc.)? Do the non-blue colors represent temperature, elevation, rainfall, forestation, radiation levels, or what?
  5. And finally... what the heck is an ERM? :p

EDIT: Also, another couple of questions. There's a vault number and an EVE number. Do they have to be the same (like with each EVE being paired with its specific vault), and can other players have titles (for example, I'd like to give myself an information title like "Protector of Information and the Arts" or "Datakeeper" or something)? Also, the title says that this is a FanT RP ontop of the scifi stuff. Is there anything we can know about that that won't spoil?(It's fine if there isn't. I'm just clarifying since there's no info in the OP and it could affect my character personality choice) There was another question that I just forgot, but I'll probably just ask it later. As you can tell, I oftentimes ask a lot of questions when an RP starts. Gotta clarify things, yo!
Last edited by Nekronia on Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Templar High Council wrote:The number of times Nek makes sense is grossly outnumbered by the times he doesn't.
IC Info: TL;DR verson of Nekronia: Authoritarian government with elements of the USSR and national socialism. Everyone works for the government, and buys from the government, obsoleting taxes as the money does not leave the country, save for government buying of items of foreign nations. Military is advanced but unconventional, focusing on infantry and psychological warfare. Primary method of national income is export of armaments and other war-related items.

OOC Info: I am a male and an atheist.
Lithianity's Knight of Hilarity and Jackie-***ery

Nekronia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Jackie

Postby Nekronia » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:31 am

EVE Name: John "Jackie" Friedman, Information Quartermaster
EVE Unit: 003, "Information Quartermaster"
Vault Num: 09

Facilities:

• Archive Servers: Information storage, records, films, books, art, schematics, TV shows, and so on. Hey, SOMEONE'S gotta protect the Mona Lisa, Frankenstein, Encyclopedia Britannica, and all of the other works of mankind! And those security recordings of people showering. Anyways, these servers are more than worth their weight in gold as they contain a majority of all of mankind's information before the apocalypse in order to teach future generations from the past's mistakes and successes.

• Virtual-/Augmented-Reality Entertainment Center: For the movie-goer, the gamer, and the patron of the arts. Or pretty much anyone else who likes to have fun at some point in their life. Watch movies, be IN movies, play games, be in games, and so on. THE ULTIMATE IN ENTERTAINMENT AND EDUCATION TECHNOLOGY.

• Media Studio: For making movies, videogames, television, art, images, 3D designs, and so on. Includes a scanner for copying real items into data for usage in the workshop, although technically it could be used for medical purposes (like a massively advanced/upgraded MRI or CT scan) if someone wanted to do something like that.

• Habitation Center: Living quarters for the new generations. It has life support, but it's the "not breathing poisonous air" kind that's for humans, not the EVE kind. Hey, those intellectuals need to live somewhere, y'know!
  • Transmitter: For greeting those wastelanders tuning in with some classic tunes! Or doing practical things like managing unmanned vehicles.

• Digital Security Hub: "Don't mess with my movies. I don't know who you are. I don't know why you tried to modify the files for Taken. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have factory output. But what I do have are a very particular set of resources, resources I have acquired over a very long career. Resources that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you quit being an ass now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will hack you to make every robot you attempt to use self-destruct and sing 'Killer Queen'. Okay I can't actually do that, but I can find out who you are and yell at you angrily over the messaging system or something. Maybe I could weld a bar infront of your exit so all the walking robots trip and then you need to make a robot who can specifically cut the bar at that nonstandard level? I dunno, haven't actually thought this out yet. I've been asleep for a few thousand years, I'm itching to use this database. God damn it's good to be back."
  • Reserve Power: Basically, they're huge batteries in case the power supply is interrupted for whatever reason. There's also a device that slowly generates power from radiation, but it only provides enough power to run one EVE and its vault at low functionality, and even then only with some facilities running. Hey, how are you supposed to keep the power going when you wake up if you don't have enough power to make a robot to fix the other vaults' power generators? Also, keeping the servers stable in the event of a powergrid overload is quite important to keeping zettabytes of stored information intact.

• Workshop: Basically a small 'factory' that is tailored for detail/quality and not mass production. More like a big, really-good 3D printer or something than a proper factory, as it can construct anything but isn't specialized to create any one area (like robotics, weaponry, furniture, and so on). Who needs movie props when you can have the real deal? Or making a couple of defense drones if worst comes to worst, but as stated before, this facility is not made for mass production and is therefore not suitable for the scale a true war needs. You could also make food with this, but it's not accurate enough to replicate cells so it'd probably taste like it was ground up and put back together, and complicated things (like meat) would taste outright horrible like someone splashed them with vinegar or something.

• Resource Processor: Because making things in the workshop means you need things to make them with. This 'universal refinery' is probably the main physical value this vault has to other EVEs, as most vaults will likely need fuel, metals, purified water, and other resources. It still needs someone to actually harvest the raw materials to process, of course, but that can be improvised. Recycling things and 'melting them down' is also possible.

• Storage Bay: Pretty empty, actually. It has some raw materials for construction, but nothing major. Enough to build a couple tanks, or a new facility or two. There are also a couple of seed containers of various plants, but those aren't actually important anymore as it turns out life went on after the end. Really, it's mostly for storing new resources to put in the various facilities rather than bringing old resources.

• Bio:
    Jackie was born in the intersection between the upper and middle classes, and was raised by a nanny rather than his world-travelling corporate parents. He was a pretty sweet kid, even if he was a bit timid and naïve. Unfortunately, the world around him wasn't as nice. Due to his strange, manipulative parents and his apathetic nanny, he failed to have an understanding of the real world and was subsequently teased and bullied for being too foreign, such as having "hippy hair" from personal preference or being godless from not being raised with any.

Once puberty began to set in, he entered a catharsis and completely turned himself around with a harsher outlook on life and become both more destructive and constructive. Instead of striving to make everyone happy within reason, he began striving to improve everyone whether they liked it or not. Given his perspective that the world was cruel, it was perfectly fair game to him to pay back in kind with tough love. Redefining his personality with Industrial Age philosophy and his blurred reality, he began holding self-actualization and individualism as the ultimate virtues and began becoming his trademark self. At this point he insisted upon being referred to as "Jackie" after a comic book character, and began snapping at people who address him by his real name.

He began spending all his time learning as many skills as possible and striving to become the best specimen he could ever possibly become, which honestly isn't much given he inherited a genetic trait from his father forcing him to be weak in terms of brute strength. So bodybuilding is out of the question, but the mind is still available to be unlocked. The amount of things Jackie began learning were as varied and random as the world, from pole-dancing and skydiving to German and illusionism. However, more mundane things were glossed over, such as how to properly operate a car, bicycle, or shoelace. He can ride an emu, play violin on unicycles, and tie someone up in multiple ways, but can't remember the correct way to tie his shoes.

In highschool, he entered an odd relationship with a girl. Part girlfriend, part rival. "Slap, slap, makeout". They bounced off of eachother and bettered themselves in their rivalry, but ultimately it reached a breaking point and a competition was taken too far. Annabelle drugged Jackie in order to win the competition, but Jackie noticed this and stole the drugs and drugged her back even harder. One drive later, and Jackie lost his only relationship to a car crash. Whoops. He was never suspected or charged with criminal negligence as it was clearly the drug tablets in her purse and bloodstream, but things still got odder for Jackie. Despite consciously being in the moral right in his bizarre philosophy, he felt subconscious guilt from accidentally killing her and began doubling-up on his attempts at improving the world. Being an unemployed teenager, there wasn't much he could legally do at the level he wanted without any licenses or sufficient age to enter office. You might think this would be where Operation Eden came in to solve his problems, but that would be a sweet dream. No, he resorted to vigilantism via the wonderful world of the internet. Ruin things for people, sow discord, and create situations he felt would ultimately help people improve and weed out problematic elements in society. His subconscious urging him to rectify his mistakes led to more crime, which led to more subconscious guilt, which created a vicious circle of stress and increasingly distorted views.

You may think he was convicted for his crimes then accepted a plea deal into an EVE or was forced into one as a conscripted convict, but nope. He used his parents' corporate influence and his excessive amounts of unconventional knowledge to nab an unconventional place in the rebuilding of humanity: Protecting knowledge, information, culture, and the arts. Bringing mankind's legacy to the new generation of mankind. Never found out for his bizarre indirect crime streak, he attempted to redeem himself (yet again) through being removed from his frail flesh and inserted into a new platform to guide mankind's rebirth. He, of course, didn't mention that his head might not be the healthiest one to put in.

Now there's some stubborn, zealous brat trying to educate the new generations in his bizarre philosophy who should have died in the apocalypse like the rest of the world.
    Last edited by Nekronia on Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    The Templar High Council wrote:The number of times Nek makes sense is grossly outnumbered by the times he doesn't.
    IC Info: TL;DR verson of Nekronia: Authoritarian government with elements of the USSR and national socialism. Everyone works for the government, and buys from the government, obsoleting taxes as the money does not leave the country, save for government buying of items of foreign nations. Military is advanced but unconventional, focusing on infantry and psychological warfare. Primary method of national income is export of armaments and other war-related items.

New Lucantis
    Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
    Ex-Nation

Postby New Lucantis » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:57 am

Yeah, okay. Tag.
    DEFCON 1 Nuclear war is imminent; Maximum readiness
    DEFCON 2 Next step to nuclear war; Armed Forces ready to deploy and engage in less than 6 hours
    DEFCON 3 Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness; Air Force ready to mobilize in 15 minutes
    DEFCON 4 Increased intelligence watch and strengthened security measures; Above normal readiness
    DEFCON 5 Lowest state of readiness; Normal readiness

Likes: Alternate History, Fantasy, Strategy, PC, Sci-Fi, Loyalty, Honesty, Honor, Horror, Markiplier (No homo)
    Dislikes: Ignorance

Pros: United Socialist States of America, Equality, certain aspects of Socialism, Democracy, Gun Rights, Nationalism

Cons: Abortion, Nazis, the USSR, Democrats, Republicans, Foreign Aid

Deminis
    Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
    Ex-Nation

Postby Deminis » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:49 am

EVE Name: Markus T. Phylum
    EVE Unit:#021 aka "The Bionic"
    Vault Num:#023
    Facilities:
    Stores and fabricates Bio mechanical Equipment.
    stores several fabricating machinery with micrometer precision, Built more from gears than anything

Controls access to various communication devices

Stores a System of electromagnets to form stable Hydrogen Plasma

Stores a large number of AIs, Developed over time after conversing with The Bionic and each other

Stores a number of machines that can be raised above ground to gather large amounts of Hydrogen

Stores a number of machines absorbing O2 from large biomass O2 Reactors

Stores a single large machine that carefully burns hydrogen and Oxygen together to create large amounts of water

Short yet wide platform that opens upwards.

A single massive super computer programmed with every known theory and fact, can run up to two hundred simulations simultaneously

-Fabricates and Stores Electro Chemical Equiptment

Stores devices able to transfer memories and sentience

Store several dozen Cloning Devices

Stores a single massive machine, Capable of changing the worlds atmosphere.

Stores all Mechanical, Electronic, and Chemical Fabrication Information

Stores a number of various Machines.

Each bay stores 2 Tesla based static reactors, Equivalent to two hydroelectric turbine each.(Total=8 Hydro turbines)

After thousands of years of development, The alchemy Bay slowly filled with devices of various uses.

Eve Number 121, aka "The Bionic." Born into a poor family, Young Markus was Determined to make a name for himself in the world. Seen as a Problem to his teachers, and an idiot to his peers, He grew up with only one friend, a girl named Jane. She was the same age as him, just a few month older, and she admired his ignorance of the others. As they entered Highschool they began dating, and they graduated together Tying for top GPA the school had every recorded.

Having finished with grade school, they decided to go their separate ways for college, but promised to stay in contact. Markus moved to Germany to study electro-mechanical engineering, While Jane left for Japan to studies Business. every night they spoke over the phone or skype, talking through out the night about life in such different countries. Four years later, A few weeks before his finals, Markus made the decision to ask for Janes hand, And asked her that night over skype, Showing her a simple but pretty silver ring with a small ring of onyx. By the end of the next moth the two were married and Succesful.

The two year later, however, tragedy struck along side joy. Jane had been in the hospital for nearly a month, pregnant, and was not doing well. Markus became distraught with grief, refusing to leave her side. Not long after, A son was given to Markus, And his wife taken. Markus kept the ring he gave to Jane and kept it on a chain around his neck at all times. His son, whom he named Damian, was always getting onto trouble, and needed all of Markus' attention. Not trusting others with his son, Markus was forced to leave his job, living off money he had put away.

Six years later, Damian grew to be extremely smart, and was able to take care of himself while Markus was working again. Markus played many different games with his son, Enjoying the time with him, but dreading the look he shared with his mother. Until one day a knock on the door was heard. At six years old, Damian died at school. No shooting, No Bombing, No one really knew what had happened. All they knew was that Little Damian Phylum was found on the merri-go-round.

After the death of his son, Markus completely shut down. After a few weeks police came to his home expecting suicide, What they found was something much stranger. Markus had turned to feral instincts, his home was filled with dirt, plants and animals. Markus was detained and institutionalized. His psychologist stayed with him day and night helping him to remember who he was and what happened to him. A few months later, his psychologist left him alone, A simple Dependency test, But when he returned he was shocked to find Markus, Fully clothed, Standing upright, staring out the window. Upon asking where he was, Markus was told how he had become animalistic. The doctor was stunned at the sudden and unexpected way that Markus had regained his sanity that he was unable to find fault in him. Two weeks later, Markus returned to his CAD job, designing machines to put cars together.

After being cleared by his psychologist, at thirty years old, Markus was offered a chance to take part in the EVE program, due to his unrivaled ability and intelligence in his field. Deemed with the responsibility of storing man kinds machines and electronics, The Bionic made the condition to a separate body from the vault itself. A mechanical Unit, created with a wireless connection to the Vaults main computers, It was granted.. For 5060 years the bionic roamed his facilities, tinkering with himself to improve his own design, for the Day of "Activation" come.

For the next five thousand years The Bionic ran simulations, for five thousand years the bionic spent his time alone, designing technology the age before could only see in science fiction, and after five thousand years he has perfected his mechanical body. He developed numberous weapons he could hide with in himself, Molded as part of his body. It was only 500 years before he began to work on cloning his old organic body, connectin to it with a device that replaced its Cerebral Cortex. When the body had come to a physical age of 20 years, he placed it into a small cryogenic chamber hidden among the his cloning devices. The doors now open to the world, he steps into the light of the sun as a machine, sensitive electronics letting him once again feel the energy of the world around him, He keeps his research in a closed circuit memory device, and tell none of the others about his modifications... Or his human body.

Edit-6/23/15@3:58PM- Added Tesla Reactors and Orbital Launch Bays.
    Edit-6/23/15@9:14PM- Added Alchemy and Radical Simulator Bays, and some more Bio.
    Edit-6/24/15@11:22AM-Added a lot of info and backstory to the Bio
    Edit-6/25/15@10:19PM Added to Bio, Fixed Bio Spoiler
    Last edited by Deminis on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Mid East Oil & Luxury Minerals Corporation
    Myrmidon Tactical Design
    Rawlincia Agriculture Depot
    New Yngen
    Lyran Arms
    MEOLM-Trade/Port
    AIR KORENA-Port
    New Yngen-Trade

I Write Like
    [REDACTED BY MOD]??why??

GENERATION 38: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Penguinia-Tempor
    Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2014
    Ex-Nation

Postby Penguinia-Tempor » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:58 am

Tag.
    P2TM RPer and Proud!

Atlannia wrote:Gahahah, Grakulon the World Building demon ensnares another unwary soul.

The Burning Sun
    Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
    Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:59 am

Tag. VERY interesting premise, I must say.
    "All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
    TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
    because my self-esteem is so low
    TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
    Khasinkonia wrote:
    The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
    more posts from the duo
    Royal Brownie PointsTM
    Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
    That'll be $32.99
    All the logic

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Rising Moon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:17 pm

As for your questions, I will answer them here and will put it up in the OP as well to better elaborate than what I did.

1. Q: Are all the vaults in one sprawling underground complex?
    A: Yes, a underground complex that stretches many miles in every direction to house the massive facilities required by every EVE

2. Q: What Technological age the natives in?
    A: It's a mix of Classical (Height of Rome) and European Medieval period. It depends which area you go to, as the farther away from other natives a group is the more likely they are more Classical than Medieval.

3. Q: Do EVEs have their Descendant-makers or are they off-site?
    A: They are off-site and were automated, however their connection with the Complex was cut before it activated, which is why Project Eden didn't start until way after it was supposed too. It could be reactivated to make unmodified people, however it hasn't been used since 0CD. Bonus answer: CD stands for Creation Day, as in when the descendants were first created.

4. Q: What things does the map represent?
    A: It is a world map. The ocean in the middle is what is left of what used to be a mostly water world. The non blue colors represent both elevation as well as fertility (thus meaning forests and native species that live there). Due to the lack of a source of water besides the one lack means that it is impossible for the descendants to move away from the ocean in expansion.

5. Q: What is ERM?
    A: Empire of the Rising Moon, it is the shorthand way of writing it that I took from other RP's where I was included in the roster as it is rather long.

6. Q: Does the vault number and EVE number have to be the same?
    A: Nope. The vault number is how far away from Vault 000 and the main entrance to the complex is. EVE number is a call sign and organization of who was created into an EVE first. IE EVE 000 was the first person to be turned into an EVE while EVE 120 is the 120th person to be turned into an EVE.

7. Q: Can other players have a title on their EVE?
    A: Yes, it is actually encouraged. Each EVE can have specializations or be general porpoise.

8. Q: Title says Fantasy Tech as well as Future Tech, whats the deal?
    A: The EVE's have access to Future Tech equipment and use them at their disposal. The planet however has changed in drastic ways, and creatures that were once considered myths and legends due roam. The Descendants also have a power that did not exist before, and is closely akin to magic. Why is that? I might tell you guys if you guys do the research in the IC on why that is.

9. Q: Are EVEs Interdependent or Independent?
    A: Technically both. Each vault was given a choice over what they wanted in the ways of facilities. However their is only a limited amount of space in each vault for facilities leading to many things having to come from other Vaults. Example, Vault 000 is the largest vault and is responsible for the EVEs so it will give power to the EVEs until they can rather start up their independent reactors, or if they don't have one, supply them with power unless something happens. Another example might be say EVE 0XX has a mine and processors, however doesn't have the machinery to turn them into robotics, they will send the resources to EVE 0YY who will manufacture them into robots in return for a steady supply of resources to use for their own porpoises.
    Well I do all sorts of RP's, mainly PT and FT, although by cannon my nation is PT mixed with FanT

Deminis
    Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Deminis » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:21 pm

I have question now. If the vaults are a web of structure underground, It it possible for an Eve to expand Downward and add more Facilities to their vault?
    Using tools that the Eve would have put in place previous to stasis with intention of expanding later, for instance. Or in the chase of my EVE, having a separate Bio-mechanical body. Having been expanded during stasis only to add a few chamber that there was not time to fully create?

Myrmidon Tactical Design
    New Yngen
    Lyran Arms
    MEOLM-Trade/Port
    AIR KORENA-Port
    New Yngen-Trade

I Write Like
    [REDACTED BY MOD]??why??

GENERATION 38: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Jorgamunn
    Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 15, 2015
    Ex-Nation

Postby Jorgamunn » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:32 pm

Tag. Very interesting concept.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Rising Moon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:57 pm

Good question, Yes, all vaults can expand downward to build more facilities. Actually, on that point, any EVE could do that even if they don't have a mine or factory as they can make a request to borrow the vault keepers factory to make a mine/excavation.

Deminis
    Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Deminis » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:06 pm

Empire of the Rising Moon wrote:Good question, Yes, all vaults can expand downward to build more facilities. Actually, on that point, any EVE could do that even if they don't have a mine or factory as they can make a request to borrow the vault keepers factory to make a mine/excavation.

In that case would it be okay to add five more facilities to my vault? A Plasma Generation Lab, An Autonomic AI Development Lab, A Hydrogen Reactor Bay, an Oxygen Filration Bay(W/ External Vents added after the Radiation died off) And a Water Fabrication Bay (attached to the Hydrogen reactor Bay and the Oxygen Filtration Bay)

Myrmidon Tactical Design
    New Yngen
    Lyran Arms
    MEOLM-Trade/Port
    AIR KORENA-Port
    New Yngen-Trade

I Write Like
    [REDACTED BY MOD]??why??

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Rising Moon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:12 pm

Yep, perfectly fine. Just keep in mind that the larger the vault your EVE is in, the more power it takes so if your going for things that would be power intensive, make sure you supply a good chunk of it or manage to convince other EVEs to supply your power (you don't have to but it makes it more believable :) )

Deminis
    Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Deminis » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:30 pm

Empire of the Rising Moon wrote:Yep, perfectly fine. Just keep in mind that the larger the vault your EVE is in, the more power it takes so if your going for things that would be power intensive, make sure you supply a good chunk of it or manage to convince other EVEs to supply your power (you don't have to but it makes it more believable :) )

A majority of my Facilities will be disabled, as i will be using the power i am designated formaly to dig out and fabricate 3 seperate energy creating units. I'll be starting with a Biomass Reactor- Basically a number of tanks filled with bio chemicals that create massive amounts of energy over time. And continueing to a Hydrogen based Nuclear Reactor, and then a Biothermal Conductive generator- creating a mass of bio material to create an effect similar to neural energy, but in much larger amounts.

Edit: The three reactors i am actually going to RP the construction of.
    Last edited by Deminis on Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myrmidon Tactical Design
    New Yngen
    Lyran Arms
    MEOLM-Trade/Port
    AIR KORENA-Port
    New Yngen-Trade

I Write Like
    [REDACTED BY MOD]??why??

Aidannadia
    Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
    Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:58 pm

Tag.

What's the conflict in this roleplay? Will we all be trying to help the native develop or rebuild humanity or just... work on our EVE's? Would 000 cut off any that she deemed dangerous to the other EVE's?
    Last edited by Aidannadia on Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

New Lucantis
    Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Lucantis » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:41 pm

Hmmmm.... I'll have an app up, just as soon as I figure out what kind of facilities I'll have.
    DEFCON 2 Next step to nuclear war; Armed Forces ready to deploy and engage in less than 6 hours
    DEFCON 3 Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness; Air Force ready to mobilize in 15 minutes
    DEFCON 4 Increased intelligence watch and strengthened security measures; Above normal readiness

Likes: Alternate History, Fantasy, Strategy, PC, Sci-Fi, Loyalty, Honesty, Honor, Horror, Markiplier (No homo)

Pros: United Socialist States of America, Equality, certain aspects of Socialism, Democracy, Gun Rights, Nationalism

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Rising Moon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:10 pm

The conflict is in how the EVEs (IE the Roleplayer) determine what to do. Some might go for a "Might makes right" approach while others might go the "Nudge them in the right direction" approach. Yes, your trying to develop the natives.

There will also be conflict in how the various nations might view Operation Eden as a threat to their control and/or fear the "true descendants" of man and the destruction they can bring. Unit 000 also will play a part in the conflict of the RP (Can't go in detail as it would be a spoiler, although it is predictable).

Now as for your other question, Unit 000 can cut off other EVEs from her facilities, including life support, however Unit 000 cannot condemn other EVE units for assisting a cut off EVE. Say Unit 012 was cut off, and Unit 015 had a Life support facility and agreed to share it with Unit 012, Unit 000 cannot cut off Unit 015 as Unit 015 hasn't been deemed dangerous.

Nekronia
    Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekronia » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:24 pm

Empire of the Rising Moon wrote:Backstory
    The year is 3023GD.

Okay, I think this is probably my last question, but is 3023GD equivalent to 3023AD/CE? Or would it be 2023AD? Or is this not Earth and the pre-war world was a custom fictional setting? I mostly need to know for details, like what technology would be used and what would affect my character's bio. Although, if it's 3023AD on Earth, then that'd be so far into the future that it'd be more than certain we'd be among the stars (or at least have messed with Mars enough to live in bubble cities) and not actually need this World War Three contingency due to humanity not being locked on a lone planet... hm...

New Lucantis
    Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Lucantis » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Nekronia wrote:
    Empire of the Rising Moon wrote:Backstory
    The year is 3023GD.

Okay, I think this is probably my last question, but is 3023GD equivalent to 3023AD/CE? Or would it be 2023AD? Or is this not Earth and the pre-war world was a custom fictional setting? I mostly need to know for details, like what technology would be used and what would affect my character's bio. Although, if it's 3023AD on Earth, then that'd be so far into the future that it'd be more than certain we'd be among the stars (or at least have messed with Mars enough to live in bubble cities) and not actually need this World War Three contingency due to humanity not being locked on a lone planet... hm...

Uh, maybe 2050 AD/CE equivalent? About to make advancements in space travel then WWIII hits and this story happens? Maybe?

EDIT: Can I do a Jail facility?
    Last edited by New Lucantis on Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deminis
    Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Deminis » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:38 pm

New Lucantis wrote:
    Nekronia wrote:Okay, I think this is probably my last question, but is 3023GD equivalent to 3023AD/CE? Or would it be 2023AD? Or is this not Earth and the pre-war world was a custom fictional setting? I mostly need to know for details, like what technology would be used and what would affect my character's bio. Although, if it's 3023AD on Earth, then that'd be so far into the future that it'd be more than certain we'd be among the stars (or at least have messed with Mars enough to live in bubble cities) and not actually need this World War Three contingency due to humanity not being locked on a lone planet... hm...

Uh, maybe 2050 AD/CE equivalent? About to make advancements in space travel then WWIII hits and this story happens? Maybe?

EDIT: Can I do a Jail facility?

I think GD is Global Destruction... So 3023 years after the world was destroyed... The change in dating form can be said to have happened as a psocialogical Development to show the new peoples a sense of disdain to the past?

Myrmidon Tactical Design
    New Yngen
    Lyran Arms
    MEOLM-Trade/Port
    AIR KORENA-Port
    New Yngen-Trade

I Write Like
    [REDACTED BY MOD]??why??

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Rising Moon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:03 pm

okay, so you guys are very creative when it comes to it huh? It is set in a custom fictional setting. For reference, 3023GD would be equivalent to 2123 AD.

For what New Lucantis said about almost making space travel and then WW3 happening is actually pretty close to be honest. They had just found out a suitable way how to habit a nearby planet, and it was planed that a colonization ship would be sent in 3028GD, which as this story starts with 3023GD being when the war happened, it was never sent.

Now for what GD and CD stands for: GD is Global Date, based on when the first traces of civilization are dated at, thus it has been 3023 years since the oldest human relic of civilization was dated. CD is the Descendants form of the GD system, with 0CD being when they first emerged from the Descendant facility.

Now for some background on why the descendants don't know of humans, or the fact they destroyed the once plenty full planet.
    They only have humans in myth and legend because the descendant facility had a poster or two that showed them on it, and since they couldn't read the writing system, could never really could confirm that humans existed in the first place. That is why there is a small group that is devouted to researching this facility trying to prove that humans existed, or that some other form of sentient being came before them, and they are also the ones who triggered Project Edens backup activation.

This will also bring about some conflict when an EVE assumes they know about humans and starts telling them why they shouldn't press the big red button, as they don't know that humans destroyed the world. Maybe more than once.

New Lucantis
    Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Lucantis » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:07 pm

Empire of the Rising Moon wrote:okay, so you guys are very creative when it comes to it huh? It is set in a custom fictional setting. For reference, 3023GD would be equivalent to 2123 AD.

For what New Lucantis said about almost making space travel and then WW3 happening is actually pretty close to be honest. They had just found out a suitable way how to habit a nearby planet, and it was planed that a colonization ship would be sent in 3028GD, which as this story starts with 3023GD being when the war happened, it was never sent.

New Lucantis: 1 :p

Everyone Else: 0 :p

But yea, good RP you have here. Good concept

Can I do a prison facility?

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Rising Moon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:09 pm

Forgot to answer that didn't I? Yes you can. Each vault was built with whatever the EVE requested, as long as it was within reason as it was estimated the EVEs would expand their vaults and along with it, their facilities.

Deminis
    Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Deminis » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:21 pm

Empire of the Rising Moon wrote:okay, so you guys are very creative when it comes to it huh? It is set in a custom fictional setting. For reference, 3023GD would be equivalent to 2123 AD.

Now for what GD and CD stands for: GD is Global Date, based on when the first traces of civilization are dated at, thus it has been 3023 years since the oldest human relic of civilization was dated. CD is the Descendants form of the GD system, with 0CD being when they first emerged from the Descendant facility.

Now for some background on why the descendants don't know of humans, or the fact they destroyed the once plenty full planet.
    They only have humans in myth and legend because the descendant facility had a poster or two that showed them on it, and since they couldn't read the writing system, could never really could confirm that humans existed in the first place. That is why there is a small group that is devouted to researching this facility trying to prove that humans existed, or that some other form of sentient being came before them, and they are also the ones who triggered Project Edens backup activation.

This will also bring about some conflict when an EVE assumes they know about humans and starts telling them why they shouldn't press the big red button, as they don't know that humans destroyed the world. Maybe more than once.

Wouldnt it take a few thousand years for the radiation "from the world being nuked over" to To dissapate? And ATLEAST another thousand tfor another sub species to evolve, a bout 500 if the evolution was assisted by the ongoing radiation. Maybe im just confused by what your saying though, ive never been good at trying to understand what people type because it is so impersonal. So What year would it be, Theoretically, That the Vault's begin to open in GD? What does GD even stand for at this point, because i have it stuck in my head as Global Destruction, because it sounds Fkin Awesome! Wow, i've been watching way to much Jacksepticeye...

Myrmidon Tactical Design
    New Yngen
    Lyran Arms
    MEOLM-Trade/Port
    AIR KORENA-Port
    New Yngen-Trade

I Write Like
    [REDACTED BY MOD]??why??

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse