NATION

PASSWORD

TKaG Chapter 1, Four Horsemen and an Angel (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Isle of Lithonia
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

TKaG Chapter 1, Four Horsemen and an Angel (IC)

Postby Isle of Lithonia » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:09 pm

I've seen death in front of my eyes,
I heard the sound that takes the souls,
The sound is the way to heaven or hell,
I've heard the requiem, this is sound of death.

Find its key in the dark soul,
His chords were and will be dark,
It's dead tones his rise from grave,
This is the Hymn of Death.

-Houndz of Hate-Hymn of Death

Charmera wrote:Joan frowned slightly as she listened. She could relate to her on being raised by a rich family with high expectations. Of the lack of love that would bring. Then she frowned deeper, deeper and much more concerned when she had heard about Katie. She couldn't imagine the pain Yuri was feeling as a girl who had been treated as she had. She had felt loss though, and knew it would be a thousand times worse with a lover. She tried to imagine what it would be like to loose Yuri. Just for a second she felt a cold emptyness instead of Yuri's body pressing against her. One which nearly made her shudder. She also felt again inadequate. From what Yuri had described she wondered if she could ever compare to Katie.

"I"m so... so sorry about Katie..." She tightened her embrace around Yuri, a few tears of her own coming through. "Yuri... I will try my best to survive, no matter what Yavohim may throw at me." She paused. "I'll never give up on life. I'll never give up on you Yuri." She inhaled, having to bite back more tears and just focus on holding Yuri, her hands on the white demon host's silky smooth hair. "Please don't cry Yuri... please... I may be a bit reckless but I'm tough. I'm good at getting out of trouble. Plus Billy's precognitive ability should keep me alive."

"I... Don't want to loose you either. So I'll try my best to stay alive." She moved Yuri's face so they were now eye to eye. She gave a smile, hoping that would help cheer Yuri up "I want to spend eternity together too." She said. "More than anything. I love you Yuri. I know it's only been a day but I already know how immensely lucky I am to have met the most wonderful, beautiful and smartest person in the world."

She paused. Then leaned forward to kiss Yuri briefly. After the kiss she paused for a bit longer, waiting a bit before she spoke again. "Is there anything else you wish me to do other than stay alive?" She half-joked, trying to lighten the mood. "I mean, you've done so much for me..."

Queen Yuri

As much as Joan tried to comfort her, it was really in vain. This was a battle against the hosts of Heaven, an army capable of utterly annihilating the entire universe with little effort. But that was an understatement, for the power within a single Seraph was enough to destroy and rebuild the entire physical realm, and there were three of those under Yahovim's command.

For now the second time in her life, the Queen of Hell was truly scared. Joan had to become strong enough to defeat even the greatest of Yahovim's angels if she was to survive. And Yuri herself could only take on a mid-level angel, and that for not a very long time. The odds were stacked against her, and it was near impossible for her lover to fight god himself and survive. She would lose her, just like she lost Katie.

But I must be strong, for her sake. As difficult as it was, she held her tears in. Crying would come later. But for now, she will enjoy Joan's presence, and sooth any worries she may have.

Letting a small ray of her emotions out in their kiss, she wiped away a stray tear.

"Is there anything else you wish me to do other than stay alive? I mean, you've done so much for me..."

Yuri couldn't help but chuckle a little at that, a smile showing on her lips. "Of course, silly. Let me finish washing you. I mean, that's the sole reason we came in here, right?"

Giving a wry wink, she continued washing the girl in front of her, enjoying every dip and curve of her body.

Matthius Nightingale

Every step filled with trepidation, Matthius briskly made his way to the top of Chimera Tower. He knew what awaited him. Face paling, he muttered to himself over and over, "She is still Nora, she is still Nora, she is still Nora." But nothing calmed him, for this creature was Nora no longer.

Fear made Jasmine go mad, and the eerie sound of her maniacal giggling and cackling rang throughout his head, making him all the more on edge. Truly, he feared nothing as much as his dead sister. But she was not merely dead, she was the incarnation of Death itself.

Stopping at the final door, he heaved several times. A shaky hand reached for the door, and pulled it open.

The room was dark as the pit, lit only by thirteen small candles arranged in an odd starlike shape. And in the middle lay her. Death turned her gaze upwards, eyes empty as the void. "Come, Nephil. I have much to speak of."

Doing his best to steel his nerves, Matthius gave a weak, "As you so desire, Lady Reaper," and made his way towards the source of his deepest fears.

An Angel had been found. But that was the least of their worries. "Nephil, I encountered him. One of the other Three. I know not which one, but he has grown too powerful."

Death herself couldn't overcome him, it seemed. And Death had greater power than even the Prophet Balaam. There was much to be done now, for this One of the Horsemen must be found, and an end brought swiftly to his reign. "If he is not destroyed, the Apocalypse shall come too soon."

And now the task was given to the Illuminati to deal with these two...dangers. Matthius was by no means pleased.

The demon could not have left too soon for the man, and when he was released by her, Matthius nearly screamed out of the room. The worst behind him (or so it was in his perspective), he gathered up his old strength and called to the staff, "Gather everyone for a meeting!"

Off went the alarms, and the entire Illuminati was called to the Conference Room.

Inside the conference room, Matthius, Yuri and Karlson stood, waiting for the rest of the Illuminati to enter.
A she/her who misses being creative.
I like sticks. Peck pick.
My Fanny Pack is Fanny Packtastic!!!

Atlannia
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:29 am

"Point taken..." Arthur voiced softly, having winced a bit at Belinda's reaction of strong disapproval towards his small suggestion. "I guess I won't be ordering any pizza right now, then." He said, quietly shoving his cellphone back into his pockets as he observed Lucille's antics with some amusement, but mostly confusion and just the slightest bit of unease. Dancing, now that was something he did not feel entirely comfortable with. He had done it on limited occasions before, yes, having been forced to as a part of a number of mundane, pointless 'academic' activities. He had even been told he had a bit of talent for it; not too much, nothing too special, just a bit. But even then, he had never felt well while doing it or even watching. It was not that he was afraid- there was so little he was afraid of, Maerwynn often found herself wondering if her host was entirely sane- but there was simply this feeling of unease that accompanied the activity, a memory of sorts, but a very vague one.

Standing up, the blonde boy walked into his bedroom, only to step outside several moments afterwards and lock the door behind him. Clad in a simple white jacket, he headed towards the door, though he stopped for a moment as he was about to reach it.

"It's a bit crowded here, so I'm going outside. I'm taking with me everything I own that might be of interest, so don't bother with my room." He said, the latter part mostly directed towards the two Red demon hosts present, as he had no reason to believe Belinda or Miyi would have any reason to go snooping around in his room, whereas the Red hosts, or at least one of them, seemed more like the types to do that. Either way, after giving his statement, he looked towards Maerwynn, who was still leaning against one of the walls, watching interestedly as Lucille dragged Jack to his feet and forced him to dance. "Are you staying?" Arthur asked her, to which the blonde woman simply nodded. Seeing this, Arthur gave the room one last scan, spotting Miyi and Belinda and nodding at them briefly, before stepping out of the room and into the hallways.

"Wh-Hey!" called Belinda as Arthur quickly grabbed his things and slipped out the door, leaving her to deal with the mess left behind. Grumpily the teenager surveyed the compact little apartment she had perhaps somewhat over ambitiously envisioned as a small island of peace and control in the storm of absurdity that her life had so recently become. I was probably kidding myself, considering my roommate is a liquored up anarchist with an explosives fetish. thought Belinda, watching Lucille persist in her efforts to get one of the other demons to dance with her as the record player warbled scratchily from the bedroom. I didn't think anyone would be as crazy as her though she thought, Belinda's eyes caught on the skinny older guy who, to her way of thinking, had started this whole mess and she glared at him.

Who does he think he is anyway? Skulking around vents and violating people's privacy like some kind of perverted Solid Snake or something!? She suddenly remembered the conversation he had overhead and felt her cheeks start to burn so she quickly jerked her eyes away and found herself looking at the girl Arthur had invited in, Miyi or whatever. She was nerdy and looked kind of nervous and once again Belinda found herself wondering exactly what sort of criteria the Illuminati had used for picking their recruits. That girl looks like she'd have trouble stopping someone taking her lunch money, let alone stopping the destruction of the universe, shouldn't elite, demon powered guerrillas look a bit more like...like...

him?

The guy who had killed her. He had looked like an actual soldier, more even, maybe that had to do with the training the red hosts had but the dipshit who had snuck into her bathroom was a red host as well and so was the other guy that had invited himself in. Try as she might she couldn't pick up the same terminator vibe from either of them. Especially the dipshit.

So what do they see in all of us then? wondered Belinda And what do they see in him? she added, glaring again at Jackie once more.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a shrill alarm that took her by surprise.
"Did someone destroy another elevator or something?" she wondered out loud and Lucille let her dance partner escape long enough to answer.

"Nope, it seems like we're being summoned to the conference room," replied the demon "Seems like its time to earn our pay check,"

"Whatever," said Belinda carelessly, standing up and stretching. "I guess I can tell you all to get the hell out of my room then," she said to the small gathering. As she herself left and headed towards the conference room. On the way there a small thought occurred to her.

Wait a second are we actually getting payed for any of this?
...!?!

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:16 am

Joan was one of the first to be there, seeing as she came with Yuri. She seemed to hover around the White demon, reluctant to go far from her side. After all she had seen her break down twice and she wanted to be there for her lover during this meeting. Currently she stood within arms reach of her, a smile on her face. She realized as she looked at the other two that she might be in the wrong place. So she took Yuri's hand. "I can be with you or go with the others love, depending on which you prefer."

Laura came in next, offering another awkward nod to Karlson as she came in. But there seemed to be something else to her at the moment. An unknown energy. She had sped ahead, fueled by it. One would have a hard time detecting this new element to her.

Miyi, Miranda and Susie all came in at the same time. Miyi uncomfortable around the two red demons while Miranda seemed regretful and Susie didn't like being around someone so tall. It made her look short.
Last edited by Charmera on Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:56 am

Wine-loving Chimps wrote:''That's a coffee bar.''
''That is.''
''I hate coffee. Such a foreign brown abomination.''
''Well, I'm still a member of the human race, and I take it's fuel.''

Brian had been exploring the Chimera tower for a while now. His travels had taken him far, around two floors, looking at lots of weapons and took him 2 floors down to the Chimera tower's little private bar, a place where the staff could have a drink and refuel.

The bar was on the 5th floor, and filled with Chimera employees of all kinds. Most were probably regular humans, who strangely looked like they knew exactly who was employing them, but just didn't care. It was as if the paychecks were enough to make them overlook and think nothing of the fact that they were working for the tricking devil himself.

Whatever, Brian walked up to the bar and looked at the menu. Then Jimenez got involved'' Come on! Coffee is horrid stuff!'

''No, no, no. I drink coffee. You suffer.'''

'' Oh come on, I have to taste this stuff too!''

''You only say that because you're eternally angry at the entire universe. Besides, I have to ask the barista a couple of questions.''

He walked up to the bar and asked the barista his few questions'' Hello, Mam', uh, can you tell me where this coffee is grown?''

Jimenez yelled appalled from inside Brian's mind'' Oh, for fuck's sake! You're one of those people!''

Brian turned and hissed'' Shut up, I'm trying to get a coffee!''

The barista probably hadn't had a coffee this morning, so just nodded and said'' I'm told the coffee's either grown in the depths of Hell by fairly well-paid non-combatatent black demons or Peru. I'm never sure.''

''Peru, they're reasonably ethical-
'' - good target for my wrath''
''Um... is the coffee here fair trade?''

'' Yes Sir, I'm told the demons have the ....''

As the barista talked about how wonderfully fair trade the coffee in the Chimera Towers coffee bar was, Brian's demon began to violently assault his mind. Brian responded in turn, and eventually, amazingly, expelled the demon from within his head, making Jimenez appear out in the world. To any onlooker, it looked like a guy from the Spanish Inquisition had just popped out of nowhere and was standing in line behind Brian.

The barista registered this, looked over at Jimenez and explained in that tired monotone again'' Aahh, Sir, I'm afraid I won't be allowed to serve you.''

Jimenez looked genuinely offended'' What?!''

''You are breaching the dress code. Please consult the employee manual for your uniforms. You are not allowed coffee here without your uniform.''

Jimenez just gasped, then was outraged'' It doesn't matter! I hate coffee anyways!''

''Sir, I'm afraid you have to just accept it and be quiet....''

''Oh, and what are you going to do?!''

At the challenge, her eyebrow's twitched in a worrying way. Then just said'' Well, recruit, I don't get my coffee until 10....so...''

Brian lunged in the way'' OK, OK, we'll not be fighting now....''

The woman behind the counter blinked and revealed yellow eyes'' But I really want to get some exercise on a little shit like your demon...''

Brian turned to Jimenez'' WE ARE LEAVING, NOW!''

Then Brian ran off, as out of the barista's head was appearing a very much demonic crossbow. Jimenez de Santa, momentarily brought to his senses, took the Brian Carmichael express instantly, and the two of them ran with a super human speed out the door. They then ran up the stairs all the way up to the seventh floor and dived into the nearest open room (an empty one).
One of the coffee bar's customers, a older man in a grey suit, simply shakes his head i response and mutters'' Urgh.... black demons these days....''

The alarm shrill made Brian stand up and stagger over there like a drunk man. Of course, this wasn't due to any alcohol, but rather due to the internal arguments, making him shout out loud obscenities. They were arguing about whatever. The merits of coffee, the meaning of the alarm, the possibility of running to the Carmichael family home, wondering what was the reason why they had been revived but their more competent room-mate had perished.... the usual.

Slowly, but surely, he crashed about at his usual pace, when he hit the wall, turned his head left and spotted Brigitta Van Damme. Before Brigitta could react, Brian shouted down his demon in one final blow shouting'' We need to get to the roof, now!''

Then he closed his eyes, shook his head and looked up. There, in fact, was a person, and he had just shouted something.... not actually offensive. Good. Abating Jimenez for a little bit, he says weakly'' Uuuuh, sorry about that. Let's restart. Hi, my name is Brian Carmichael and I'm one of the new recruits at the moment....'''

Brian then locked eyes with Brigitta, putting him at the mercy of her powers. Unaware, he asks'' Would you like to accompany me up to the roof, please?''
"At the point in time when bullets can pass through the interdimensional walls, when firepower takes up the entirety and eternity of space and time, all being stuck in a neverending life and death cycle as bullets recover and destroy their bodies in quick succession, no one able to think about anything but the sheer force of the bullets rapidly flying literally everywhere in the Materium, turning the Warp itself into nothing but a sea of semi-automatic weaponry, then there will be enough Dakka. Or atleast almost." - The Emperor.
Proud user of NS stats. If you are bad at running your country, maybe take a look at yourself and ask yourself why.
Slava Ukraini

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

David Crentley

Postby Saleon » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:43 pm

David was preparing his side of his room when he heard a loud call come in throughout the building. "And I was at least hoping for a short nap," david hissed in his mind. He wasn't exactly burnt out from today, mostly just tired enough to fall asleep with enough quiet if he wanted. Of course he then thought about the people in Chimera. nope. not even gonna try.

David lurches out of the bed and takes but a second to recollect his thoughts. He got killed in a training session today. met a ferryman on the river styx, the ferryman felt bad and gave him a mysterious coin for good luck, and he got a new roommate and roomie, Eleisha. He enjoyed her company and, while she was shy, she was still very fun to talk to. All in all, (not) a regular Tuesday for him.

David made his way to the conference room...
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Nekronia
Senator

Founded: Dec 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nekronia » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:14 pm

After Jackie barged into his allies' room uninvited via the bathroom vent, all hell broke loose immediately. Belinda turned red, picked him up by the collar (with zero resistance or smugness-reduction from her victim), and stomped around; Miyi activated nerd mode and invaded Jackie's space to ask about his powers; Krouse and Mad Jack entered and complained about the chaos; Arthur tried to order pizza for the group but got shouted down by Belinda; and Lucille started partying and stole Mad Jack. It was quite the hectic mess. ALL ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU; TRANSLATORS' NOTE, KEIKAKU MEANS PLAN.

Jackie silently wondered who to respond to next. Sass the ginger and her awkward threat? Nerd out with Miyi? High-five Krouse and moonwalk out to indicate everything's gone as intended? Party with Lucille? The possibilities were plentiful, but were cut off due to an alarm going off and everyone being called to head to the conference room. The Illuminati were clearly required to go to the conference room immediately. He was mildly annoyed that he didn't get to address the concerns and questions of the recruits, but now wasn't the time for that, now was the time for action!

And by action, I mean Jackie ran back into the bathroom while shouting "TO THE BATH-CAVE", stood in the toilet bowl, and slowly disappeared downwards after flushing. Goodbye Jackie. Goodbyyyye. ...Okay, technically he went up the toilet bowl and into the entry pipes and not down the drain, but the illusion was that he flushed himself. Details, details. Anyways, he crawled around through the plumbing and eventually ended up in an office bathroom, and barged out of the stall and out of the bathroom, prompting getting slapped in the back of the head by a female officeworker the was in the mirror. Looking around seeing that he took a wrong turn, he grabbed a spare pen and a sheet of paper and ran back into the women's bathroom and 'flushed' himself again while ignoring the woman yelling at him.

...Why... SCIENCE ISN'T ABOUT WHY, IT'S ABOUT WHY NOT! That... isn't... ...ugh, forget it.

A little bit later, he exited the fire sprinkler in the conference room and took his place next to his fellow Illuminati. Acting completely nonchalant about his ridiculous entrance, he quietly placed his paper down on the conference table and began writing. After writing, he folded it up and handed it over to Miyi and resumed waiting for his superiors' statements. While it was fun for Jackie to see Belinda and Lucille's shenanigans, the superiors were within "telekinetic mangling distance", so it wouldn't be very long-lived to mess with them.

Code: Select all
I would personally liken my 'smokeshifting' ability to aerosolizing the target objects and controlling them from there, possibly via some sort of specialized subset of the standard psychokinetic power. However, this mist is, for the most part, chemically inert. I am also now capable of turning air into this 'smoke', and I suspect that it is magically compressing the gasses into a solid or liquid state temporarily without the temperature changes typically associated with state-changing.

I am fine with answering these sorts of questions and would be happy to answer them further; however, as this seems to be an emergency meeting, it should probably wait until after our superiors are out of earshot. It is difficult for most people to answer questions when one's head is severed from one's body via psychokinesis.
Last edited by Nekronia on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Templar High Council wrote:The number of times Nek makes sense is grossly outnumbered by the times he doesn't.
IC Info: TL;DR verson of Nekronia: Authoritarian government with elements of the USSR and national socialism. Everyone works for the government, and buys from the government, obsoleting taxes as the money does not leave the country, save for government buying of items of foreign nations. Military is advanced but unconventional, focusing on infantry and psychological warfare. Primary method of national income is export of armaments and other war-related items.

OOC Info: I am a male and an atheist.
Lithianity's Knight of Hilarity and Jackie-***ery

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:34 pm

Shortly after the alarm had been issued, Arthur walked into the room with a slight frown on his face, not one of anger or frustration, but one of contemplation. First of all, he wondered what exactly had caused Chimera to sound an alarm like that, short of an explosion, which didn't seem to be the case. The list of answers he was able to conjure up in his head did not please him too much, especially considering that this specific situation had caused for the higher-ups to call for them, the Illuminati. Something was up already, and it had only been an hour at most since he and the rest of the new recruits had been mercilessly murdered by the elder Illuminati. He couldn't exactly complain, since he had been the one to sign up for this in the first place by accepting Maerwynn's contract, and he knew that, not to mention his needs and opinions most likely paled in comparison to the gargantuan mission that was saving the world from God himself, but still, he felt it was a bit forceful, not so much for himself, but for some of the other new recruits. As far as he had observed, at least, some of them were quite volatile, like his own roommate Belinda or that boy who crashed through the door, and some others seemed... fragile, to put it that way. The scaredy girl with the red hood came to mind immediately, as well as Miyi, who had even cried during the training exercise, something which was hurtful to remember, for it was also a reminder of his failure, even if it had not been a permanent consequence.

Speaking of the training exercise, he was hardly prepared for what he saw when he walked into the room. Right in front of him, he saw the three girls from back then: the one he had killed, the one that had killed him, and the one that was killed with him. He tensed up immediately, and averted his gaze from the three of them, wandering to as distant a place as he could go to in the room and waiting to learn more about the situation at hand.

Not long after he had wandered inside, Maerwynn also arrived, having left the room as soon as the alarms rang, yet taking longer to get there because Arthur had a head start. Quickly scanning the room with her coal black eyes, she spotted her host and walked over to him. She noticed he was unusually tense and also quite distracted, not even noticing her arrival, and with a glance in the direction he seemed to be trying to avoid, she understood why. Sighing mentally, she placed a hand on his shoulder, surprising him and causing him to look at her.

"Focus on what's ahead, kid. There will be enough time to talk about the past after this emergency passes." She told him sternly, her tone not quite like that of a mother, but rather, like that of an elder sister who was concerned. Looking at her for several moments, Arthur finally nodded, and turned to look at his superiors once again, wondering what the emergency was.

Lying on the couch of her apartment's living room, Eleisha was about to nap, when all of the sudden alarms started blaring throughout the Chimera Tower, and the Illuminati were called to the Conference Room, an order that included her, naturally. She jumped to her feet, startled, at the abrupt noise, wondering what was going on, or if there was a bomb, or if they were under attack or something like that, but soon she managed to calm herself down and listen to the message. It didn't seem like the emergency was a very immediately threatening one, at least, which she was thankful for, and so, with a yawn, she walked out the door of her (and David's) apartment and headed towards the conference room, wondering what the leaders wanted. Hopefully, it wouldn't be another awful training exercise like the last one. Immediately, she shuddered at the memory. Her death in itself hadn't been the most horrible thing about it, certainly, as she hadn't suffered too much between the time that she was first wounded and the moment she was killed, though she still felt a nagging sensation on her shoulder, which was where she had been shot first. That wasn't the horrible part; the horrible part was what came afterwards, being conscious after her own death, confused, understanding nothing of what was going on, trapped in some sort of limbo with the last person she would want to be trapped with, the one person who didn't seem to care about her situation at all.

The memory brought her, among other things, anger, and she clenched her fists as she walked into the conference room, her mood visibly soured. She really hoped that it was nothing like that. She really didn't know if she could take another of those exercises, and Gauvain certainly didn't help.

"I don't see why you're so angry at me, foolish child. After all, did your death truly matter? You were brought back, were you not?" The deep, emotionless voice inside of her head spoke, causing her to clench her fists even more tightly and glare at some uncertain portion of the floor next to her, the best she could do as long as he was absent from the material world and resting within her, something that by the way she thought was creepy.

"Shut up!" She hissed, not noticing that she had said it out loud until a moment passed. Immediately, she looked up and gulped, taking a step back and hoping nobody noticed.
Last edited by Zarkenis Ultima on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Republic of Hasgriu
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Hasgriu » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:55 pm

Donghui and Aidan were inside the room they were teleported to, eating some wanton noodles. Well, they were, but now Donghui was thinking about the training session, while Aidan was trying to assure her that everything would be fine.

She did not notice the bullets plunge through her body until she looked down on it. It was splattered and soaked with blood. Aidan began panicking, screaming, "Donghui! Are you alright?" Donghui continued staring at her corpse in shock. She barely felt Aidan hugging her, and did not pay attention to the massacre around her.

"Donghui, it'll be alright, I'm sure that they will revive you because the blue demons can do that-" Aidan was abruptly cut off by Donghui, who murmured, "They lied."

Tears rolled down her face, like pearls from a broken necklace. She was dead. The very fate she had sought to avoid by making the contract with Aidan. They stood there in silence, until she found herself in her real body again. Still bloodied.

After that she took a shower. Then we arrive at the present. At this point, Donghui suddenly hugged Aidan very tightly, having finished being philosophical and such. "Aidan. The Illuminati's goal is to stop Yahovim from destroying the world, that's what you said back in Canada. I know sacrifices have to be made. But promise me that you will always be by my side."

Aidan smiled. "That sounds very corny, but yes, I promise." They both giggled like the children they were. Even if there was a large age difference between them. Technicalities.

Then an alarm sounded throughout the building. Aidan recognised it, one of the few things he bothered learning during his century-long demonhood. "Donghui, finish up your wanton noodles. There's an emergency, and I don't expect good news." He jokingly added, "Prepare for imminent doom." After Donghui gobbled up the food, Aidan merged with her and they briskly went down the corridor, and after more navigational issues, finally took a seat in the conference room.
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.13
New Jordslag wrote:Dammit, just realized they have each other's names in their sigs. Yet in my two years of existence nobody quotes what I say... *crawls into corner and cries*
RIP United Kingdom 1707-2016

Drakmah
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Drakmah » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:43 am

Daeshan's head banged back against the wall as the alarm sounded, the noise piercing so deep into his soul that it ripped him from meditation, something that would not bode well for his concentration in the next few hours. He rubbed his fingers on his forehead, trying to calm the headache that the alarm was causing, but it did no good. He slowly rose and blinked a few times, looking down and remembering he wasn't fully clothed. Slowly walking into his apartment he rifled through his clothes and pulled out a fresh tunic. throwing it on to cover his bare chest before replacing everything that he disturbed and then closed the drawer. Still somewhat disoriented from his unprocedural removal from meditation he exited his apartment.

He was climbing the stairs when Jhekuashi popped into his mind, his voice clear.

"Daeshan, i know your removal was not a good experience but you must move, this is not a drill, it is an emergency." His mentor said, an air of concern in his voice.

"Yes mentor.." He responded, picking up his pace as he moved toward the conference room. When he arrived he pushed the door open and saw his superiors along with the those among his peers who had arived before him. He gave a quick bow to the three leaders and took a seat, waiting for the meeting to start.
Quazin the Great wrote:Rules
9. Title stuff so Drakmah doesn't burst into flame. This rule may not matter because Drakmah
has grown old and tired and no longer trifles with such inflammatory conduct.

☠ Just your friendly neighborhood Necromancer

R.I.P. Tony the Possum - May 29th, 2017

Isle of Lithonia
Negotiator

Postby Isle of Lithonia » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:50 am

Queen Yuri

"I can be with you or go with the others love, depending on which you prefer."

Holding tightly to Joan's hand, she replied, "Do stay with me. I..." Her voice wavered slightly, nervousness lacing her motions. "I worry about what may be happening."

Matthius Nightingale

Once everyone had gathered, the doors shut behind them. "Everyone, listen carefully to what I am going to tell you."

Matthius was uncharacteristically tightly wound up. Something had quite obviously shaken him up, which was by no means a good thing. "We have received disturbing intel about certain enemies. According to a reliable source, a lower-level angel host has appeared near Los Angeles, California. Although this is troubling in itself, she is not the only enemy that has come out from hiding.

"We do not know exactly who it is, but one of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse has appeared as well. His power is beyond that of even the Prophet of Lucen, and he is quite possibly one of the most dangerous beings on this planet."

Drawing circles with his finger on the table, he continued, "One of our officers engaged him and the angel host in combat, and apparently both the host and horseman disappeared. The Angel host was heavily wounded, and the Horseman made it out mostly intact.

"We have been given two tasks, which I will be giving to you all. Firstly, we must find and eliminate or capture the Angel Host. She has been greatly weakened, but her angelic abilities still make her far more dangerous than any of you.

"Secondly, we must gather further intel on the Horseman. At this moment, we are not to engage him in combat, for we do not yet know the full extent of his abilities. Rather, we must seek his whereabouts, and figure out what he is planning.

"Therefore, I am splitting you into two squads. Alpha Squad will consist of Laura Smith, Jackie Friedman, Francis Krouse, Lavi Ackerman, Susan Ivanov, Belinda Scotte, and Damien Zabat. Laura Smith will be Squad Leader. It will be your mission to find and destroy, or capture, the Angel Host, for this is currently the most dangerous of the two. You will be dropped off near where we believe her to be holed up, which is in the heart of Los Angeles in its financial district.

"Bravo Squad will consist of Clarence McAllister, Joan Rivers, Jacob Cain, Arthur Blood, Eleisha Andromeda, Keralia Ravenheart, Riley McMurry, Daeshan Sertika, Brian Carmichael, Yin Donghui, and David Crentley. Clarence McAllister will be Squad Leader. Yours will be the mission to gather more intel on the Horseman's whereabouts, and determine what he is planning. We will be dropping you all off near the battle where our officer first engaged him. From there, you will search for clues as to where you must head next.

"Before I send you all to the armory, are there any questions. Please make them brief, for we have little time."
Last edited by Isle of Lithonia on Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:18 pm

Isle of Lithonia wrote:

Matthius Nightingale

"Before I send you all to the armory, are there any questions. Please make them brief, for we have little time."

After saying that last statement, immediately out of Brian's head popped out Jimenez, who did have a question'' Sorry Boss, but how in all Hells are we supposed to find, much less defeat, one of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse?! Isn't it their job description to only show up at the end of the world, kill everyone indiscriminately, then be back at home for a tequila?! How are we, a group of black demons hosted by untrained idiots, supposed to track down this beast at all?!''
"At the point in time when bullets can pass through the interdimensional walls, when firepower takes up the entirety and eternity of space and time, all being stuck in a neverending life and death cycle as bullets recover and destroy their bodies in quick succession, no one able to think about anything but the sheer force of the bullets rapidly flying literally everywhere in the Materium, turning the Warp itself into nothing but a sea of semi-automatic weaponry, then there will be enough Dakka. Or atleast almost." - The Emperor.
Proud user of NS stats. If you are bad at running your country, maybe take a look at yourself and ask yourself why.
Slava Ukraini

The Floating Island of the Sleeping God
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Floating Island of the Sleeping God » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:55 pm

Isle of Lithonia wrote:"Before I send you all to the armory, are there any questions. Please make them brief, for we have little time."

Krouse nearly raised a hand before catching himself. It was sometimes hard to remember that he didn't need to follow classroom etiquette in the war room. "Is there any way that the host may have gotten reinforcements? Short of running into the nearest church and conscripting a bunch of scared parishioners, I mean."
"When Fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and bearing the cross."
-Sinclair Lewis, It Can't Happen Here
The Blaatschapen wrote:Just to note, liberals are not sheep. Sheep are liberals ;)

Catholic Priest of Lithianity

NeoFeudalJapan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby NeoFeudalJapan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:30 pm

Jacob sat in a corner half listening to the meeting. Ever since the training session he has been distant to say the least. When he hears his name he snaps out of his fraying thoughts and returns to the situation at hand. Alice who can no longer stand the constant looping thoughts of Jacob has been paying close attention this entire time. Jacob begins to lift his hand, but stops midway and glances at Alice. I'm still not entirely confortable speaking aloud. Could you ask him what exactly he hopes that we will be able to find at wherever we are going
Alice nods and stands to attention before repeating Jacob's request. "sir what exactly are we looking to find once we arrive at the LZ, also is there any threat of hostile so in the area?"

Atlannia
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:37 pm

Isle of Lithonia wrote:
Queen Yuri

"I can be with you or go with the others love, depending on which you prefer."

Holding tightly to Joan's hand, she replied, "Do stay with me. I..." Her voice wavered slightly, nervousness lacing her motions. "I worry about what may be happening."

Matthius Nightingale

Once everyone had gathered, the doors shut behind them. "Everyone, listen carefully to what I am going to tell you."

Matthius was uncharacteristically tightly wound up. Something had quite obviously shaken him up, which was by no means a good thing. "We have received disturbing intel about certain enemies. According to a reliable source, a lower-level angel host has appeared near Los Angeles, California. Although this is troubling in itself, she is not the only enemy that has come out from hiding.

"We do not know exactly who it is, but one of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse has appeared as well. His power is beyond that of even the Prophet of Lucen, and he is quite possibly one of the most dangerous beings on this planet."

Drawing circles with his finger on the table, he continued, "One of our officers engaged him and the angel host in combat, and apparently both the host and horseman disappeared. The Angel host was heavily wounded, and the Horseman made it out mostly intact.

"We have been given two tasks, which I will be giving to you all. Firstly, we must find and eliminate or capture the Angel Host. She has been greatly weakened, but her angelic abilities still make her far more dangerous than any of you.

"Secondly, we must gather further intel on the Horseman. At this moment, we are not to engage him in combat, for we do not yet know the full extent of his abilities. Rather, we must seek his whereabouts, and figure out what he is planning.

"Therefore, I am splitting you into two squads. Alpha Squad will consist of Laura Smith, Jackie Friedman, Francis Krouse, Lavi Ackerman, Susan Ivanov, Belinda Scotte, and Damien Zabat. Laura Smith will be Squad Leader. It will be your mission to find and destroy, or capture, the Angel Host, for this is currently the most dangerous of the two. You will be dropped off near where we believe her to be holed up, which is in the heart of Los Angeles in its financial district.

"Bravo Squad will consist of Clarence McAllister, Joan Rivers, Jacob Cain, Arthur Blood, Eleisha Andromeda, Keralia Ravenheart, Riley McMurry, Daeshan Sertika, Brian Carmichael, Yin Donghui, and David Crentley. Clarence McAllister will be Squad Leader. Yours will be the mission to gather more intel on the Horseman's whereabouts, and determine what he is planning. We will be dropping you all off near the battle where our officer first engaged him. From there, you will search for clues as to where you must head next.

Belinda rocked back slightly in her chair a, silent frown on her face. Lucille on the other hand was anything but quiet, however she did at least confine her comments to Belinda's head.

Hehee, score! Giggled the demon. We got the good mission! We finally get to kill something!

OR capture it..er him? her? How would we capture an angel anyway? wondered Belinda, her mind taken with images of herself chasing after a winged figure in a white gown with a giant bug net.

The same way we solve every problem darling replied Lucille matter of factly. With explosions.

How would that...never mind Belinda shook her head and did raised her hand.

"What do we do if like... the cops show up? If this angel is really that dangerous and has powers anything like ours things could get pretty loud right?"

Actually there are a lot of ways things could go wrong here. Thought Belinda to herself. Especially since that idiot over there is on our team With that she narrowed her eyes and glared at Jackie, making sure no one else was watching.

Oh come on purred Lucille I think he's funny. It will be a problem if you let him get you all flustered while we're working

What the hell do you mean by that!? demanded Belinda silently, her features betraying her frustration.

I wonder... was the coy response.
...!?!

Drakmah
Ambassador

Postby Drakmah » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:05 pm

Isle of Lithonia wrote:
Matthius Nightingale

Daeshan leaned back and nodded, taking in all of the information. While a part of him was upset that he wouldn't in the group that would being seeing combat he definitely knew why he had been placed where he was. His skills on the battlefield were severely lacking when it came to gun combat, his own experience that ended with him getting shot in the head a clear indication that he wouldn't do very well in the combat group. They would all likely see firearm combat and he was best not being apart of it. Now if it came to hand to hand he guessed he could defeat almost everyone else who was of his demon color, the only exception would be Jacob, and that sparring match had ended in some form of draw that he couldn't quite remember. Things might have turned out differently if he had his powers as that was how he was used to fighting but that was in the past, this next mission was now.

He looked around to match the names of those who were on his group with faces. His martial artist equal was on it, the one his old roommate had gotten into a fight with wasn't. The one who had shot him in the head wasn't on his team either which made sense due to his aptitude with weapons. He saw a few other black level people who were on his team. He hadn't really reached out to anyone else except for his old roommate and Jacob, something he hoped this mission would fix. If he knew one thing it was that a team would either succeed or fail based largely on the cooperation and friendliness of its teammates, and sense his superioirs would in no way allow either of the groups to fail such teamwork and friendliness were sure to come.

He wondered if Jhekuashi's keen insight would be useful in tracking the Horseman, something that would only be useful if his mentor returned in time from meditation that he had fallen back into while they were waiting. He was sure his mentor would return, though he might need some pushing.

I just hope no one dies, but if they do i hope they can get revived.

He shivered at his own thoughts. Getting revived from death was no fun experience and left the body very desolate as life seeped back into the edges of the body. If someone were in fact brought back in the middle of a mission he doubted they would be able to do anything else, unless experience left some unrecognized skill that allowed for better recovery.

I don't think dieing and getting revived is something i should be striving to become practiced at.

His attention soon shifted back as the questions rolled in. He didn't have any, as the Clarence would know what to do and would instruct the group. If he had a question once he had a better idea of what was going on he might bring it up with Clarence but for now he was content to lean back and wait for his dismissal to the armory.

Maybe i could pick up something metal from the armory to lay over my knuckles. He wondered, always trying to think of ways to improve his fighting abilities.
9. Title stuff so Drakmah doesn't burst into flame. This rule may not matter because Drakmah

Isle of Lithonia
Negotiator

Postby Isle of Lithonia » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:53 pm

Wine-loving Chimps wrote:After saying that last statement, immediately out of Brian's head popped out Jimenez, who did have a question'' Sorry Boss, but how in all Hells are we supposed to find, much less defeat, one of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse?! Isn't it their job description to only show up at the end of the world, kill everyone indiscriminately, then be back at home for a tequila?! How are we, a group of black demons hosted by untrained idiots, supposed to track down this beast at all?!''

Matthius Nightingale

Tapping a finger on the table, Matthius replied, "I don't expect you to defeat him. I only expect you to find more information on his whereabouts.

"As for how you will do that...We have ways of tracking spiritual energies. We just need to get you within range, and then you may follow the trail."

"What do we do if like... the cops show up? If this angel is really that dangerous and has powers anything like ours things could get pretty loud right?"

"The police should not be any trouble to you. But if they do show up, make certain to end your battle as soon as possible and then get out of there. If you can keep from doing so, don't kill any police or innocents that get in your way. But it is your duty to either capture or kill this angel host. And if need be, you will destroy whoever prevents you from fulfilling this duty, innocents and police included."

"Is there any way that the host may have gotten reinforcements? Short of running into the nearest church and conscripting a bunch of scared parishioners, I mean."

Matthius paused. "There are ways, and perhaps this host has done so. However, our sources seem to indicate that she is still alone."

NeoFeudalJapan wrote:"sir what exactly are we looking to find once we arrive at the LZ, also is there any threat of hostile so in the area?"

"You will find the aftermath of a battle between three highly skilled and exceedingly powerful combatants. And currently, there are no hostiles in the immediate vicinity."

When no further questions were forthcoming, Nightingale finished the meeting. "Now, all further details pertaining to your targets will be sent to your team leaders' PDAs, for we have not the time to go over any further details.

"Clarence, Laura, take your teams to the armory and get them suited up. Once prepared, head for the choppers on the roof of the tower, and await further orders.

"You will be using your demon weapon forms for this mission, so taking further armament will not be useful or necessary."

The gathered were dismissed.

Queen Yuri

Before they exited, Yuri took Joan's hands in her own, turning her to look into her eyes. "Honey," she began, trying to hold back her tears of worry. "Please be careful. I..."

Yuri was silent, not able to say the words. Pulling the girl into a tight embrace, she managed, "Come back to me soon."

A single tear dropped onto Joan's hair.

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:33 pm

Isle of Lithonia wrote:
Wine-loving Chimps wrote:After saying that last statement, immediately out of Brian's head popped out Jimenez, who did have a question'' Sorry Boss, but how in all Hells are we supposed to find, much less defeat, one of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse?! Isn't it their job description to only show up at the end of the world, kill everyone indiscriminately, then be back at home for a tequila?! How are we, a group of black demons hosted by untrained idiots, supposed to track down this beast at all?!''

Matthius Nightingale

Tapping a finger on the table, Matthius replied, "I don't expect you to defeat him. I only expect you to find more information on his whereabouts.

"As for how you will do that...We have ways of tracking spiritual energies. We just need to get you within range, and then you may follow the trail."

Brian made sure to answer that before Jimenez did'' Alright, sounds like we will just ''know'' what to do once we get there. Cool. We'll make sure that happens.''

Queen Yuri

Before they exited, Yuri took Joan's hands in her own, turning her to look into her eyes. "Honey," she began, trying to hold back her tears of worry. "Please be careful. I..."

Yuri was silent, not able to say the words. Pulling the girl into a tight embrace, she managed, "Come back to me soon."

A single tear dropped onto Joan's hair.

Jimenez spotted this action, and quickly quipped'' Oh sentimental weakness, how I will never grow tired of it.''

Before Yuri could react, Brian had scrambled out double-quick, taking his unhelpful familiar with him, and got suited up. Of course, the suit didn't have his exact size, so he ended up being a little squeezed by it, but never the less at first glance it looked passable that it actually was actually his size.

They emerged on the roof and took their spot inside the chopper. Brian looked out on his beloved Seattle, staring forlornly especially at his own house, and wondered what he had walked himself into....
Slava Ukraini

Shyluz
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:51 pm

Alphonse nodded briefly at Mat, agreeing with the plan. Though he couldn't say what would happen to Caitlin and him if the Horseman found them. He would likely tell Cat to remain as a saber, that way she couldn't alert the entire block she was there by making as much noise as demon-ly (see what I did there?) possible. He sighed, snapped off a lazy salute as he walked towards the armory, Cat following behind him after Nightingale had told his leader to take them to the armory. He walked briskly towards the armory, and undoubtedly, he heard Cat stumble. He spun around, and grabbed her hand, lifting the lithe demon up.

"Come on, Cat, even if your last name is Black doesn't give you the right to be unlucky." He said, smiling at his demonic twin, who was now on her feet.
Otherwise known as Nornsmark for official, region-ey things.

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:43 pm

"It appears to be a good plan, and as always, we'll follow suit," Abraham said. The towering figure stood beside Odetta, who was as usual crossing her arms, a bit lost in thought over the recent events. She'd been prepared to live a life on the run, a life of solitude, but not this. "Mr. Lincoln..." Odetta thought, "How are you always so cheerful?..." Chuckling, the demonic President patted Odetta's head. "Because I lived through one of the bloodiest wars in American history, which I will most likely never see the level of again. As long as that's true, I'll be sporting my smile through thick and thin."

He held her hand, and he turned into his weaponized form, an old rifle commonly used in the American Civil War. It was a bit heavy in her hands, but Odetta had come to love the weapon, and its demon. It was an odd bond they had, as he treated her like his child, and she treated him as a father she never had.

"Jawohl Matt, I'll get to it!" She briskly walked away with some more hope then she had before, towards the armory to get suited up. Before she had done so though, she had done one of the most oldest pranks in the book; she closed the door far enough so it was just a bit open, took a sponge and soaked it, and put it onto the top of the door still available.

While getting her suit on, Abraham tisked at her. "My girl, was that absolutely necessary?" Odetta smirked, then while walking up the stairs, she replied, "As long as I can have some fun, why not?" She reached the helicopters, sitting besides Brian with his demon-shotgun in hand, who was looking out at the city around them, probably with a sense of longing. She wondered what she'd be thinking of if they were back in Aachen, and sat there in peace waiting for the others.
Last edited by Sonitusia on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:57 pm

Arthur frowned slightly as he listened to the mission briefing. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse? Now that was a new one. He had been aware of the existence of angels and demons, and even of Lucen and Yahovim, as Maerwynn had been kind enough to share that information with him, but the Four Horsemen? And by the sound of it, the one they were after was immensely powerful, seeing how he was supposedly far stronger than the Prophet of Lucen, which was quite worrisome. He realized that their mission was strictly about gathering intel on the Horseman, rather than engage him in battle, which would undoubtedly result in a slaughter far worse than that of the training session, but still, he couldn't help wondering what exactly they were supposed to do if they were forced into battle while gathering the aforementioned intel.

The only thing he was certain of, was that he would have to be strong. He always had to be strong, to protect others.

Following Clarence into the armory, the young demon host approached his squad leader, Clarence. "I know Matthius said that taking further armament is unadvised, but is it fine if I take something along anyway? My 'demon weapon' isn't exactly the best at actually hurting the enemy, should we run into any." He stated, and as if to demonstrate his point, Maerwynn assumed her weapon form, manifesting on Arthur's arm as the large black shield from before.

Eleisha, on her part, was more than a little bit intimidated by the given mission. A Horseman of the Apocalypse? And apparently he was much stronger than the strongest people in Chimera! How were they supposed to deal with that? She really had no idea, and she was a bit scared just by thinking of it, but she put on a strong facade, if only for the sake of not being yelled at by the mean people from Chimera. That was the last thing she wanted, after all, and she was not about to try to complain about the mission because she was pretty sure that would only make things worse. If anything, she was at least glad that they were only supposed to get information. If everything went well, then they would see a lot less fighting than the other group, or so she hoped.

Following her squad leader into the armory, however, the girl couldn't help feeling uneasy around him. She recognized him as the man that had killed her during the training exercise, and so, merely looking at him made those terrible feelings resurface, but at the same time, her eyes were drawn towards him, almost magnetically, fearful glances cast towards him every now and then even as she suited up.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Mnar Secundus
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mnar Secundus » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:15 pm

Clarence was feeling positive, which was a fairly rare thing. It was also unexpected, as he was about to lead a group of complete newbies he had just finished slaughtering into the high-risk investigation of someone who clearly outmatched them. The point, however, was that it was a welcome feeling. He was not going to let something like this get between himself and Laura.

The Demon Host was aware that most military forces had rules against fraternization, despite never having been subjected to them -- his past experiences had been somewhat too unconventional. He didn't know whether these rules applied here, although he doubted it considering the relationship between Lieutenant Karlson and Lady Selena, which even he could see was definitely inappropriate; nevertheless, he didn't intend to take chances. Fraternization was an issue if it compromised the chain of command or the efficiency of the concerned elements. This would not be the case, and thus there would be no objections.

When he had entered the conference room alongside Laura (Boali struggling to wake up on his shoulder), only someone who knew him extremely well could have detected the minute change in his external behavior -- his shoulders were less tense, his lips very slightly lifted at the corners. Still, his emotions might have been distracted by Laura, but his mind was fully focused on the task at hand, and he listened carefully to the briefing before fusing with his groggy Red Demon and leading his team to the armory. He did take the time to glance at Laura one last time before that, though.

"What happened while I was out?" Boali felt suspicious as she questioned him on the way there. "You seem ... refreshed somehow. It's not a bad thing, but ..."
Clarence very nearly did a double take in his own mind, much to his surprised horror -- he hadn't known such a thing was possible. "I don't know what you're talking about." Giving Boali teasing material was not a good idea. "More to the point, you know anything about these Horsemen? Surely they aren't the actual scriptural ones?"
Boali stayed silent for a few seconds before answering: "... No, I don't know anything more than you. We all know Scripture isn't correct, so that's not it, but apart from that, nothing." After another silence, Clarence thought he was out of the woods, but Boali chose that moment to give him the mental equivalent of a slap on the back, laughing loudly in his mind: "Oh, and don't think you can hide from me that easily. I was wondering what kept dragging me out of my nap. No wonder the bed was rocking."
Clarence smiled slightly. "We didn't ... Ah, well, whatever. Have it your way." Then all mirth was gone from his mind as he steeled it for the upcoming mission. "Boali. You can mock me later. For the time being, focus."
The little girl sensed the shift and went silent with a mental nod.

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Following Clarence into the armory, the young demon host approached his squad leader, Clarence. "I know Matthius said that taking further armament is unadvised, but is it fine if I take something along anyway? My 'demon weapon' isn't exactly the best at actually hurting the enemy, should we run into any." He stated, and as if to demonstrate his point, Maerwynn assumed her weapon form, manifesting on Arthur's arm as the large black shield from before.

Clarence, in the middle of changing into his uniform, turned towards his teammate and tried to place him. He's the one who killed Miranda, isn't he ... A shield? Interesting. He answered with a nod: "Yes, I ... see your problem. However you look at it, though, mundane weaponry will do very little damage to any noteworthy enemies. And that was an understatement. Still, go ahead, pick something for close-combat and a sidearm at least -- we wouldn't want you to get shot dead by a random policeman due to lack of equipment. Just keep in mind that it's not going to be significant against a major enemy."

He finished changing and raised his voice, addressing his entire team like Karlson used to talk to him ... Well, no, because that would have utterly destroyed morale, but he made sure to sound confident and in control. "That goes for all of you, by the way. I don't know all of your abilities yet, and we'll have to hold a briefing on that in the chopper, but if your Demon's weapon form is too limited in application, you can pick any mundane weapon from here. There's a good reason why Mr. Nightingale advised against it: they simply will not work well enough on Angel hosts and the like to make a difference, so if it comes down to that they'll only be dead weight. But versatility is key. I trust your judgement."

Of course, he would overview what they took before the mission proper, but it would probably boost morale if he explained things clearly and showed trust early on. Lucen knows they're going to need that. They had just come back from their first battle simulation, where they had been one-sidedly massacred, and then to be suddenly thrust headlong into this ... Well, hopefully they wouldn't encounter any dangerous opponents. Clarence felt confident that he could easily take on an entire Ira Dei platoon on his own if it came down to that, but anything approaching an Angel Host's level would be out of his reach, let alone one of those Horsemen ...
"Aaaaaand you jinxed it," thought Boali, exasperated at her Host's lack of genre-savviness.
"This isn't a manga."
"Yet." Boali smirked, and Clarence realized that he had been tensing up: she had put up this little skit to distract him.
He smiled and mentally ruffled her hair. "Why am I worried about morale when I've got you around?"

Still, he thought privately as his Demon gloated, they sure are green. Yin looked barely twelve, a frailer and weaker twelve than he had been at eight, and he felt a pang of guilt when he remembered shooting her a few hours ago. Eleisha was older, but she looked barely any stronger, although he did keep in mind that she had been the one to almost hit him on the ground floor. All of them were untrained, untested, unprepared. Keeping them alive ... Is my responsibility. So pull yourself together, private. Or was he a corporal now? A sergeant? Whichever it was, he had a job to do before he could return to Laura. Clarence squared his shoulders, shook his head briskly, and walked out to the chopper to wait for his team.

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!

Shyluz
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:10 pm

In the armory, Cat had quietly waited as her non-demonic twin took off the black pinstripe vest, added a thin armored vest, and donned the vest again, after retying the blue tie around his neck. Around his waist was strapped a Five-seven, a spare magazine for said pistol, and a sheath for Cat's weapon form, the straight bladed Swiss-saber. With a sigh, he turned around.

"If you would kindly, Cat, we do have a helicopter to catch." He said, with the tiniest hint of a smile. With a fair bit of grumbling, Cat obliged, her body transforming into a blueish mist, then shortly reforming as the engraved saber in his outstretched hand. In a swift motion, the blonde boy strode out towards the helipad, sheathing Cat as he did so. He boarded the chopper, sitting down next to Clarence. He outstretched a wiry arm, offering his hand.

"Clarence, right?"
Otherwise known as Nornsmark for official, region-ey things.

Drakmah
Ambassador

Postby Drakmah » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:49 am

Daeshan stretched in his seat, looking around as people began to leave and those who had found themselves in emotional entanglements made their sexual gestures before leaving with each other, likely to repeat the process again once they were out the door. He took a deep breath and relaxed, allowing them to complete whatever rituals they wished to do before splitting down to the armory. He took this minute he had spared himself t refocus and properly destructure his meditation so that his mind could finally settle itself.

This process took a little longer than he wished and found the conference room practically empty when he opened his eyes. He rubbed his eyes and stood up, feeling his sense of balance return to him completely and his body return to its calm state. With time of the essence he pushed his chair back and stood, feeling his mentor wrapped around his hands in his demon weapon form. This gave him a sort of comfort that came with the sense of companionship as he knew his mind was open and Jhekuashi and him would now be able to function as one unit. While he walked down to the armory to suit up, something he never enjoyed doing based on the last time he suited up which had ended in him getting shot in the head, he focused inwards and allowed his powers to cycle, his aspects coming out in a very restricted way.

He walked into the armory and saw that some of his teammates had even finished and left to the helicopters, making him shake his head at himself and walk to grab a suit. He removed most his clothing, storing it in one of the empty armory lockers before slipping into the under portion suit, sighing as he felt it stretch around his contours. Next came the armor pieces, which he attached rather quickly. He wasn't to happy at how the bulkiness restricted him but it would only become a problem if he engaged in hand to hand combat which wouldn't likely happen as they were hunting someone with infinitely more power than he could ever dream of, in which case he would be killed no matter now restrictive his armor was.

Next came the various, seemingly unneeded bags that came with the armor. He could always remove them later but he had been given no indication that going on the mission without them was acceptable as he might be given further equipment that would be stored in these very bags. So with an obedient reluctance he clipped each of the bags in place and took the helmet, sliding it on and making sure it fit before sliding it off and placing it under his arm.

There seemed to be only a few select people left in the armory as he walked up the stairs toward the choppers.

With this crowd i would hate to the last one out. He though to himself, not before his mentor chimed in.

"You took your time resetting yourself, it was something you needed to do and something i needed to do. I highly doubt you would have been penalized for it." His mentor said, his form appearing next to Daeshan and walking next to him as they climbed the stairs.

"Well i think you would be surprised, i mean a kid was murdered and revived for having a small tussle." He responded. "I wouldn't put it past the administration to punish the last people out for being slow."

"You have a point, i guess we will have to see if they take any course of action against them."

With that Daeshans mentor faded back into the hand wrappings, returning to the boy the sense of companionship he felt earlier. He approached the chopper where his squad leader Clarence was speaking with someone else in the bay, and climbed on, making sure not to cut between the two as he climbed on. He walked over to the other side of the bay and reached up to grab onto the bar that was above each bay door and held on, waiting for the chopper to take off as he took the time to look around the bay of his own and to the other chopper, just watching the others.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

David Crentley

Postby Saleon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:39 pm

David stayed close to the back, leaning on one of the walls while collecting his thoughts. The idea of it all was absurd. to investigate, find, and locate a horseman. near suicidal. An average man would run at the thought. David could see the look of shock, terror, and confusion which belied many of the people in the conference room. It was not going to be an easy mission to say the least.

During his years in gang central, USA, as he coined it, he worked with a local don (of the demonic kind). He was harsh and cruel, ruling with an iron fist. Fear was the name of the game, and David knew this strategy well. So to see the horseman strike such fear in Chimera, did shake him, unsettled him. He hoped this hesitance left him quickly, before it was necessary to act with extreme decisiveness.

Alicia on the other hand had a different reaction. At first she was quite quiet, as if she was mulling over the idea in her head. The horsemen were quite famous, the kill switch. A terrible group of fiends with no mercy as a motto. "hehe," thought Alicia.

"what are you happy about?" david responded telepathically.

"sounds like a fun fight," she thought while pulling out a playful child-like grin.

"we aren't fighting him!"

"tch," she countered, "and I wanted to know the color of their blood." David did not seem to react to that comment...
After the debriefing, David soon made his way to the armory, suiting up, and took one last look at the group. He didn't know much about the leader, but he seemed to have a good head on his shoulders. He was also talking to some other kid, whose weapon appeared to be a shield, and as such decided the kid should have some form of weaponry, for how "mundane" and weak guns'll be. David also saw Eleisha, who he was glad on his team.

After one last look he made his way to the helipad.
Last edited by Saleon on Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:12 am

Gretel

Following the showdown with the two earlier contestants, Gretel had been left severely wounded and on the brink of death. It was only by the grace of Yahovim that her foe had seen fit to spare her, and for what reason remained unknown. In Yenma's moment of hesitance, Gretel teleported a short distance with the help of her angel. It was a mere two miles, but it served to separate her from a near death situation. Now, the angel host limped along the forest floor. She sported a broken left leg, broken right arm, a few broken ribs, and possibly some internal bleeding. Her vision was hazy, but this wouldn't deter her from making it back to Ira Dei.

"Humiliating..." Gretel muttered in despair. How could her foe have been so strong? Was she just too arrogant in her own capabilities? She was better than this, and she knew it. Blood dripped along the path she took, leaving a trail to follow for even the most novice of trackers. Luckily, her trail didn't begin at the combat area so she would be safe for a while longer. Her exhaustion of holy magic in the meantime left Gretel with three choices at hand. She could rest, heal, and wait for her strength to return to her. She could obtain physical transportation, and make her way back to base, but her lack of a license could prove problematic. Lastly, she could gather the materials to perform a long ritual. It wouldn't expend any holy magic on her part, but she would need to gather materials to do so.

"It seems I'm fairly limited as of this moment..." Gretel said to herself to keep herself calm during this brief moment of crisis. Waiting and recovering seemed to be the only viable option as of this moment. So, without further ado, the angel host found a comfortably tree, and leaned down against it. She would heal her injuries ever so slightly, just enough to make travel easier, and begin to look for a more defendable location.

"You did well. You deserve a bit of rest, don't you think? The lord Yahovim is proud of you and your efforts in the face of overwhelming odds." Hansel spoke to assure his host, and suddenly, warmth washed over Gretel. The excrutiating pain she had been in began to subside as what she could only describe as a 'spiritual hug' began to take place. She did not resist, and basked in the light of Yahovim.

It was roughly twenty minutes later that Gretel had opened her eyes. She was still alive, so that was always a plus. Looking around, there didn't seem to be any indication that someone was around, or that someone had discovered her. So with 'great anticipation', she began her journey to safety.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step...or a limp in my case," Gretel said with a half-grin.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse