NATION

PASSWORD

The Gods of Vinosea (OOC & Registration)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

The Gods of Vinosea (OOC & Registration)

Postby SaintB » Sun May 03, 2015 8:30 pm

Welcome to my newest OOC, this is kind of a reboot of an older RP I started once before but very much different from the Original. Vinosea is a land of dreams in the most literal sense; it is a dream that exists in the mind of a being so powerful that none can conceive of it's true might beyond that it's dreams are a reality of their own. This is a god RP where players vie for power and influence over the fictional continent of Vinosea, a land of dark jungles, towering mountains, and long tracts of seemingly endless desert. As a god you will seek to convert followers to your worship while protecting, ruling, or killing your worshipers as you see fit. Forming pantheons with other gods will be key to your success in the divine theater, allowing you to to share influence with your fellow deities and pool your followers together. You as the god will get to mold the shape and culture of the people of this world as your influence spreads. This page explains some of the concepts and the world of this RP.

The Old Gods and the New
The humans of Vinosea live in a land of mystery and danger and to keep themselves safe they in turn dreamed up beings of power to be their protectors and guides. They named them gods and in awe and respect of the might of these beings the human mortals began to worship them. These gods grew vane and arrogant and eventually turned their backs on what they saw as the lesser beings to pursue their own agendas. So mankind also turned their backs on the old gods and began the slow process of creating new ones, lesser gods, still very powerful but less so than their cousins, ones who would remember the importance of mankind to their own existence and power. As the newer, weaker, gods arose the old gods faded from humankind's collective thoughts and their influence has long since faded away. All of the old gods have either died or devolved into monsters that are barely demi-dieties haunting the darkest corners of the continent.

Vinosea, its People, and Geography
Vinosea as mentioned before is a dream world. All the world's inhabitants know of the fact but move on with their lives because that is how the dreamer wants it (and I'm too lazy to come up with a good explanation why). The entire super-continent is the size of Europe and Asia combined with a mostly tropical/subtropical climate. Most of the world is host to jungle and rainforests while the central portion is dominated by a massive mountain range akin to the Himalayas. The southern coasts are subtropical and temperate zones where hardwood forests call their home.
Five deserts exist on the continent including a great desert that bisects the southwestern coast and cuts it off from the rest of the world; there are few swamps and marshes despite the prevalence of rainfall on much of the continent. For the most advanced civilizations the level of technology is approaching that of the Iron Age and they may be on the verge of a Classical Era. Most civilizations still cling to the coasts and the banks of rivers while the lands farther away grow progressively more wild but gods flourish anywhere that humanity lives.
Click it to see an enhanced version! Click it twice is double nice!

Gods, Belief, and Faith
Gods need humanity to know them and believe in them to continue to exist so as a consequence there are no secret gods because it is the consciousness of humanity that drives the life force of the gods. Faith is every bit as important as belief because faith is what gives a god his power. If a god lacks followers who have faith in their power and divinity then the power they possess begins to fade and wane away. A god must keep their faithful... their faithful or else risk perishing like the old gods before them.

The Dreamer's Realm
The Dreamer's Realm, also known as The Dreamer's Temple, is place that is sacred even to gods. The realm is a constantly changing and evolving place that never remains the same for long but there is one constant feature in the form of a hexagonal pool sitting in the midst of a flagstone paved forum with columns rising from the edges that seemingly support the sky itself. The materials of the forum and its fountain are always changing but it always contains an endless supply of shimmering golden water. The realm is neutral ground where the divine meet to discuss matters, create new bonds, or simply to socialize with their peers; this neutrality is enforced by the decree of the dreamer and any being that strikes another with deadly or injurious intent is smote from existence in an instant.
The water from the fountain serves another purpose as well. When making a compact, contract, or forming a pantheon the divine's involved all mix their blood with the well and drink from it to seal the deal. The magic of the water binds them together until the conditions agreed upon are met.

Pantheons
Pantheons are the simplest way for a divine to spread their influence in the mortal realm by forging bonds with their fellow deities. A pantheon requires at least three gods willing to join one another in a sacred bond provided by the water from the pool in The Dreamer's Realm. Once a pantheon is formed all the divines gain power by sharing their mortal influence and can spread their faith and belief beyond where it currently lies but they also make a sacrifice as their realms are bound together as long as the pantheon is extant and the members of their pantheon may come and go to each realm as if it were their own. A god can be part of more than one pantheon at once or voluntarily leave one they belong to but it takes time for them to gain enough power to perform the ceremony to join others. A god involved with a pantheon can be ostracized by the other members if a majority rules it or voluntarily leave a pantheon on their own but by being removed from the pantheon they lose the influence they gained but still have the faith and believers who live in the lost areas, ostracized gods may immediately join another willing pantheon but those who leave on their own accord must wait until they gain power to join another. Gods which share portfolios may not join the same pantheons as one another and any pantheon with less than three gods falls apart.

The Rules
Read them all up cuz there will be a test on this...
1. Read all of the rules here and in the character app section before making an application.
2. No godmodding. Yes I know... its an RP about gods but bear with me. Godmodding is here defined as taking actions on behalf of other players without their prior consent, taking massive world changing actions without clearance from myself, and assuming that your attempt to affect another player will automatically succeed.
3. Treat each other with respect. If you are obnoxious or habitually rude to other players I reserve the right to cull you from this RP and its OOC.
4. Follow all the site rules. If you are violating the site rules in my IC or OOC I will call the wrath of mod down upon you as well as erase your existence in this RP.
5. Profanity, nudity, and violence, are all perfectly fine but make sure to keep things PG13. If you think Hollywood would give it an R rating then tone things down.
6. Taigawa and Of the Quendi are Co-OPs, in absence of word from me their word is law.
7. Congratulations you have read all the rules. Prove this by posting 'I am the god(ess) [your name]' at the bottom of your application.
Last edited by SaintB on Sun May 24, 2015 6:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun May 03, 2015 8:31 pm

Here you will find the character application on this page but first I must once again present a wall of text to explain things about creating a God in this RP. All gods have certain abilities and limitations built in to them, rules they are bound by more or less.
1. They are omniscient within certain boundaries automatically know everything that goes on within their area of influence in the mortal realm that falls under the purview of their portfolio.
2. They can travel at will to and from their realm at will as well as anywhere within their influence in the mortal realm with only a thought.
3. They can perform 'miracles' within the purview of their portfolio while in the mortal realm. (A domestic god of farming could cause a field to spring to life with ripe wheat in the middle of a famine or the dead of winter, a war god of strategy could imbue a mortal general with the strategic acumen to defeat any army.)
4. They all have power over a single element and can bend and shape it to their will.
5. They are immortal and will never die naturally of old age.

1. They must take on mortal flesh when in the mortal realm. Deities in in their mortal state are known as avatars and while capable of dying in avatar form they are still far stronger and more powerful than any mortals could dream and it would take considerable effort to kill one.
2. While away from an astral realm or their area of influence in the mortal realm deities slowly lose their powers starting with their omniscience and ending with their immortality.
3. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER! Deities rely on the power of human faith and belief and if one is somehow forgotten or loses all their followers they cease to exist.
4. All deities need to post 'and I have the power of divinity!" at the end of their application if they want to get accepted.

Explanations for all the Stuff in the App
Cuz I'm awesome and stuff

A god's aspect is essentially the type god you are, they boil down to four types, Domestic, Outsider, Primal, and Marshall. Domestic gods are either household gods or gods who rule over an important aspect of civilization such as gods of law, trade, or knowledge. Primal gods are at their core forces of nature and they rule over the wild and untamed forces of the world like storms, growth, or animals; gods who mainly serve tribal or archaic societies would also be classified as Primal. Outsider gods are somewhere between Domestic and Primal gods and rule over more obscure concepts such as life, death, or dreams. War gods are gods of conflict and rule over marshall domains like battle, strategy, or even sports. If you are not sure what kind of aspect your god has just ask and I will see if I can help you.

A deity's portfolio is like a list of specialties and domains inside their aspect. A deity starts with two (2) domains in their portfolio but there will be chances to earn or steal more. Deities within the same pantheon cannot share a portfolio. Your beginning portfolio must make sense for the type of God you are, for example it would not make sense for a nature god to have metallurgy as part of their portfolio or a war god to have dancing as part of theirs starting out. Here are examples for domains taken from DnD Lore.

The deity's kingdom or home, an area that exists outside of 'normal' reality and belongs solely to one deity or pantheon. It is their version of heaven (or hell) where they have complete control and omnipotence. They can grant or deny the entrance of any other being in their realm with very few caveats.

Each god has the power over a single element and can bend it to their will as part of their divine powers. The elements are Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, and Void. Fire is the element of flames and heat, in an emotional sense it is the element of passion and intensity. Water is the element of rivers, lakes, and oceans it also includes clouds and rain; emotionally it is often the element of calmness and rationality. Wind is the element of air and storms that includes the power of lightning and in an emotional sense it represents unease or great activity. Earth is the element of rock and ground; Earth represents stubbornness and deep deliberate thought and action. Void is the element of gravity and forces beyond mortal comprehension, it is the element that binds things together (think dark matter etc.) its emotional component is mystery and confusion. Each element has many specialties within it and its not uncommon for gods to favor one of them over the others such as ice for Water and light for Fire.

Influence is the geographic location(s) where faith and belief in the deity is most prominent. If I think your starting influence is too large I will ask you to shrink it down. The influence of deities can easily overlap as long as the two gods do not share a portfolio. Influence is where the belief in your deity is strongest. Its the place on the mortal realm that roughly correlates to your home, or where your deity was born. While your deity could be known all over the world, she is most powerful where the faith or fear of her followers is most concentrated. Your place of influence is where you can work miracles, or travel to with a thought and while you are in your place of influence your flesh and blood avatar is almost as powerful as it is in its realm.

And finally the application:
Its a code, just hit select all and then copy/paste and then fill it out!
Code: Select all
[b]Deity Name[/b]:
[b]God or Goddess?[/b]:
[b]Aspect[/b]:
[b]Portfolio[/b]:
[b]Element[/b]:
[b]Realm[/b]:
[spoiler=Influence][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Avatar or Appearance][/spoiler]
[b]Personality[/b]:
[b]Origination/Biography[/b]:
[b]3 RP Samples[/b]:

Deity Name The name of your divine being
God or Goddess?: Boy deity or girl deity?
Aspect: Kind of god you are
Portfolio: Your specialties, pick two
Element: Pick one
Realm: Name and description of where your deity lives.
Influence: Where your peeps be at.
Avatar or Appearance: A picture or description of your divine self
Personality: How nice, or mean, or naughty, or aloof, or whatever your god is; they all have their own personalities.
Origination/Biography: How you came into being and such.
3 RP Samples: Link to three 3 sample RPs or if you wish specific posts, if you don't have three say so, if you don't have one I might let you in if you have a good application, if you have RP'd with me before just remind me and if I remember what kind of role player you are I might decide that's good enough.
Last edited by SaintB on Tue May 05, 2015 9:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun May 03, 2015 8:31 pm

I am adding a fourth aspect: War. I realized that there could be many different types of war gods (Aries, Apollo, and Athena were all war gods in the Greek pantheon for instance) so war is now an aspect to avoid portfolio confusion.

Fixed a mistake in the apps that broke one of the spoilers.

The Lore Topic is up.

IC is a go

First Influence Map

Q&A
I always, always, ALWAYS overlook something so I make Q&As to make sure the things I missed get covered and don't need to be asked about 400 million times.
Q:How exactly does control over elements work? Can gods grant the ability to mortals?
A:Gods have control over the element, bending them and shaping them to their will. In their influence they can do nearly anything with their element but it becomes more limited outside of it or while as an avatar. Mortals cannot control the elements but however a god can work their element through a mortal vessel.

Q:Is it ok for two gods in seperate or no pantheons to overlap in influence?
A:It is fine unless both gods do not share part of the same portfolio. This is because mankind will only worship one local god with a given portfolio so if there were two gods of time only one would be recognized in the particular location.

Q:Is my god recognized outside of their area of influence?
A:Short answer is yes. Long answer is that many gods are worshipped all over the world, their influence serves as their base of power on Vinosea and is where the majority of their followers are located; this concentration of believers allows them enough influence to treat that area almost as if it was their own realm.

Q:Are our gods allowed to create humanoid species of their own, or modify humans to achieve this goal?
A: Gods can create entirely new species within their realm to be their servants. They are native to their master's realm and are able to travel to Vinosea within their respective deity's influence but need to return within a week, they can leave the area of influence but their lifespan shortens to that of hours. Gods are able to modify plants and animals within their influence on Vinosea with no ill effects to them.
Last edited by SaintB on Tue May 12, 2015 5:21 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Aurinsula
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurinsula » Sun May 03, 2015 11:40 pm

Tag. Reserve Eites, goddess of the sea and a wrathful bitch indeed.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Mon May 04, 2015 7:08 am

Tag, reserve the element of earth.
Honor and glory instead, I think.
Last edited by The Starlight on Mon May 04, 2015 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon May 04, 2015 7:29 am

Say, what would an Erythnul-like god be defined as (slaughter, hate, etc)? Outsider?
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Mon May 04, 2015 8:22 am

Tag for a God of madness

The United Eastern States of Europe
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Eastern States of Europe » Mon May 04, 2015 8:25 am

Reserve an Ice God
UESEball
Want to be in my factbooks? TG me!
Characters
Proud MemberOf The Diligens League!
UESE Personified
(Kawaii Indo) Indo-Japanese Separatist Districts
(Sexy Sky) Skyline United
(My Sister CC) Castle Crashers
(NBaby who ignores me ;-;) New Babylonia
(Siwwy Sim) Republic of Simonia
(Wuvable Lingy!) Lingria
(SENPAI!!!!) The Germanian States
(Fun Crazy TDC) The Danish Confederacy
(Adorably Radical and Terrificly Super Yandere: A.R.T.S.Y.) Artstotzka IIII
(Oh great bringer of smut, Mistress Xan) Xanama

(2waifu4spoilers) Low Bloods
YOU'RE WELCOME NS!
Embassy
May or may not have a slight obsession with fluffy things…
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Pretty much sums me up (theme song).
Fascist and proud!
#blameTISI

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Mon May 04, 2015 2:26 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Say, what would an Erythnul-like god be defined as (slaughter, hate, etc)? Outsider?

Yes, I think a god of that kind would work as an Outsider yes.

Sulania
Senator

Founded: May 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sulania » Mon May 04, 2015 2:28 pm

Tag
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
Engaged to Kalaron
Personal Info: Gay male from Pennsylvania, Student of Sociology, FGC affiliated Quaker
Political Alignment: Member of the Working Families Party, Former Justice Democrat, Progressive
DISCLAIMER: My views have changed, I disavow previous posts/opinions accordingly to my changed views

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon May 04, 2015 2:36 pm

SaintB wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Say, what would an Erythnul-like god be defined as (slaughter, hate, etc)? Outsider?

Yes, I think a god of that kind would work as an Outsider yes.

Expect an app by tomorrow, then!
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Mon May 04, 2015 2:48 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:
SaintB wrote:Yes, I think a god of that kind would work as an Outsider yes.

Expect an app by tomorrow, then!

Ok, I can't wait. Also a portfolio domain like slaughter might also fall under War, your choice.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Mon May 04, 2015 3:10 pm

Deity Name: Razuel
God or Goddess?: God
Aspect: War
Portfolio: Marshall Prowess, Heroic Deeds
Element: Air
Realm: The Hall of Heroes is a massive fortress filled with feasting, fighting, and all manner of sport. It's located in a vast beautiful land with all types of geography and populated by all manner of animals and beasts for the honored dead to face in glorious combat. Here is the final destination for the greatest of mankind's heroes and their ultimate reward, where they can feast and fight to their souls content and where the very hills and mountains sing of their deeds and triumphs for all eternity.

Personality: Among the company of other gods Razuel is often gruff and aloof as he prefers the company of mortal souls. He is known to be brave and strong willed, bold, but not brash, and more canny than most would give him credit for. In the company of friends Razuel is a boisterous and lusty god who enjoys the kinds of pleasures one would expect from such a person.
Origination/Biography: The first time ancient man found cause to risk their well being to protect others a spirit was born. Feeding off the energies of righteous battle and heroic deeds the spirit grew in power and awareness gaining the ability to influence man to greater and greater acts of valor. The spirit was present at a battle where a man named Razuel challenged an entire army to single combat. Razuel was a Prince of the city of Kenney. After a major three day battle between Kenney and a rival city state Razuel challenged the entire enemy army to fight and kill just him in one on one combat claiming that if any man from the opposing force could defeat him his army would withdraw back inside the walls of his city and proclaim them the victors, if they could not kill him before the sun began to set the enemy army would withdraw instead.
Over a hundred men tried and failed to kill Razuel in combat from sunrise until sunset but nobody could succeed. Shamed and frightened the enemy army withdrew from the battlefield and left Kenney victorious. Some say that it was from exhaustion and others say it was from a multitude of wounds but for whatever reason Razuel died before the moon could rise. Desperate, the spirit tried to bind the man's soul to his body to keep him alive so it could follow him and feed off of the energy from the man's great deeds but somehow in the process the spirit and the soul united into a single entity and a new war god was born from the union.
The god Razuel soon became the patron of heroes and great soldiers in his influence.
3 RP Samples:viewtopic.php?p=11975466#p11975466
viewtopic.php?p=14426334#p14426334
viewtopic.php?p=14485700#p14485700

I am the god Razuel and I have the power of divinity!
Last edited by SaintB on Mon May 04, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stadenwick
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stadenwick » Mon May 04, 2015 4:00 pm

Tag, reserve the god of the Beast and Forest
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:
Stadenwick wrote:Did you just call me wicky?

Aye.

So yeah, feel free to call me that from now on.
Tracian Empire wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:Basically, Stadenwick is RPing as the Russian, Orthodox version of Mormonism and Deseret.

Something in that direction, with some anti-Pope stuff hidden in since he claims to be a new Ecumenical Patriarch.

That's why I don't like heresies. They need to be burned.
Mobile posting is cancer, and i do a lot of it. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Mon May 04, 2015 4:02 pm

I'll put up an app for a God/dess of Chaos and Order, if you don't mind reserving them for a few hours.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

The United Eastern States of Europe
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Eastern States of Europe » Mon May 04, 2015 4:04 pm

Deity Name: Tørshan (Tear-Shan)
Aspect: Primal
Portfolio: Sleet Storm, Avalanche (thanks for the link)
Element: Water
Realm: Winterlake. A vast expanse of snow with icy peaks similar to mountains pertruding from the ground. The largest of these peaks has a large spiralling staircase around it leading to the peak, where a throne made frozen corpses dwell. Atop each peak save the tallest, those whom Tørshan deems worthy enough to serve him mock the others. However, on the snowy floor sinners toil, labour and live in misery. The sinners where thin clothing as the God makes the cold bite at them. Here is the end for the worst of sinners, living in an eternity of misery, pain and sorrow.
http://imgur.com/kcPktfU

[spoiler=Avatar/Appearance] http://imgur.com/QhTuTJi

In domain: http://imgur.com/OcQYdVg

http://imgur.com/jewrKnN

http://imgur.com/9zTrWuo [/spoiler]
Personality: unforgiving and bitter (I guess you could say he's cold :p ). Not very tolerant of outsiders. Known to punish harshly.
Origination/Biography: Since the dawn of ancient man the cold has hindered progress. One of the first men, Tørshan, had followed his tribe to mountain peaks to hunt for furs. He fought with large beasts with huge teeth but the cold was the worst. One day, he and his father went to hunt the Great Tiger, spoken in legend. Tørshan was consumed by the cold though, and he dreamt a vision. In the vision he saw vast expanses of snow surrounded by mountains of ice. Frozen lakes lay around the tallest peak. Then he awoke to find his father over him. When Tørshan hugged his father, he froze in his embrace. In his wrath, he called upon mighty avalanches and storm so thick it blinded many a man of his tribe. He lived in isolation, coming to terms with this newfound power. Eventually he returned to the place he saw, the place he named Winterlake. He looked down on his old tribe, happy and settling.
One day, a large pack of wolves surrounded the camp. The God took pity on them, using avalanches to wipe away any foe. He aided the tribe as they expanded to cover four mountains. During water shortage he would lead his snow to the villagers fires to melt. During food shortages he would slay game and use the snow to carry the preserved carcasses to them. The people knew this was not natural, and he became the God of Ice as he is known in the mortal realm.
3 RP Samples: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=336990

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=338370

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=310600

I am the God Tørshan, and I have the power of divinity.
Last edited by The United Eastern States of Europe on Tue May 05, 2015 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
UESEball
Want to be in my factbooks? TG me!
Characters
Proud MemberOf The Diligens League!
UESE Personified
(Kawaii Indo) Indo-Japanese Separatist Districts
(Sexy Sky) Skyline United
(My Sister CC) Castle Crashers
(NBaby who ignores me ;-;) New Babylonia
(Siwwy Sim) Republic of Simonia
(Wuvable Lingy!) Lingria
(SENPAI!!!!) The Germanian States
(Fun Crazy TDC) The Danish Confederacy
(Adorably Radical and Terrificly Super Yandere: A.R.T.S.Y.) Artstotzka IIII
(Oh great bringer of smut, Mistress Xan) Xanama

(2waifu4spoilers) Low Bloods
YOU'RE WELCOME NS!
Embassy
May or may not have a slight obsession with fluffy things…
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Pretty much sums me up (theme song).
Fascist and proud!
#blameTISI

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Mon May 04, 2015 4:42 pm

The United Eastern States of Europe wrote:Deity Name: Tørshan (Tear-Shan)
Aspect: Primal
Portfolio: Sleet Storm, Avalanche (thanks for the link)
Element: Water
Realm: Winterlake. A vast expanse of snow with icy peaks similar to mountains pertruding from the ground. The largest of these peaks has a large spiralling staircase around it leading to the peak, where a throne made frozen corpses dwell. Atop each peak save the tallest, those whom Tørshan deems worthy enough to serve him mock the others. However, on the snowy floor sinners toil, labour and live in misery. The sinners where thin clothing as the God makes the cold bite at them. Here is the end for the worst of sinners, living in an eternity of misery, pain and sorrow.
http://imgur.com/kcPktfU

[spoiler=Avatar/Appearance]http://imgur.com/QhTuTJi

In domain: http://imgur.com/OcQYdVg [/spoiler]
Personality: unforgiving and bitter (I guess you could say he's cold :p ). Not very tolerant of outsiders. Known to punish harshly.
Origination/Biography: Since the dawn of ancient man the cold has hindered progress. One of the first men, Tørshan, had followed his tribe to mountain peaks to hunt for furs. He fought with large beasts with huge teeth but the cold was the worst. One day, he and his father went to hunt the Great Tiger, spoken in legend. Tørshan was consumed by the cold though, and he dreamt a vision. In the vision he saw vast expanses of snow surrounded by mountains of ice. Frozen lakes lay around the tallest peak. Then he awoke to find his father over him. When Tørshan hugged his father, he froze in his embrace. In his wrath, he called upon mighty avalanches and storm so thick it blinded many a man of his tribe. He lived in isolation, coming to terms with this newfound power. Eventually he returned to the place he saw, the place he named Winterlake. He looked down on his old tribe, happy and settling.
One day, a large pack of wolves surrounded the camp. The God took pity on them, using avalanches to wipe away any foe. He aided the tribe as they expanded to cover four mountains. During water shortage he would lead his snow to the villagers fires to melt. During food shortages he would slay game and use the snow to carry the preserved carcasses to them. The people knew this was not natural, and he became the God of Ice as he is known in the mortal realm.
3 RP Samples: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=336990

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=338370

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=310600

I am the God Tørshan, and I have the power of divinity.

Looks good, accepted.

Videssos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Videssos » Mon May 04, 2015 4:51 pm

Well, this was my app from before.

Diety Name Sakalthôr
Domain/Aspect: Evil
Portfolio: Darkness and Corruption
Element: Not sure exactly, but I'll go for Void.
Realm: Kurald Emurlahn, the Elder Realm of Shadow. It's kind of varied, though at certain times and places there are paths that lead to fragmented lesser dimensions, and sometimes there are three suns in the sky, all of them different colours. There are also some parts where there are seas, and mountains, and in the darkness of the far north, upon one large island is his main abode, Vaagenfjord, which is a rather elaborate thing indeed. I kinda stole this from a book, as well as all the following from the Malazan Book of The Fallen:

"The land around them changed slowly, details slipping into sourceless shadows and re-emerging subtly altered. On what the wizard thought of as the north horizon, a gray forest climbed a slope to what might have been a wall. This wall was in place of sky - maybe it was sky - ...Yet black clouds rode winds above him..." (GotM, US HC, p.279)"

"Plenty of room between the trees, a cathedral of shadows and heavy gloom, the flow of damp air like water against her face as Apsalar jogged onward, flanked by the darting forms of Telorast and Curdle. To her surprise, she was indeed making good time. The ground was surprisingly level and tree-falls seemed nonexistent, as if no tree in this expanse of forest ever died. She had seen no wildlife, had come upon no obvious game trail, yet there had been glades, circular sweeps of moss tightly ringed by evenly spaced cedars, or, if not cedar, then something much like it, the bark rough, shaggy, black as tar. The circles were too perfect to be natural, although no other evidence of intent or design was visible. In these places, the power of shadow was, as Telorast had said, fierce.

Tiste Edur, Kurald Emurlahn, their presence lingered, but only in the same manner as memories clung to graveyards, tombs and barrows. Old dreams snarled and fading in the grasses, in the twist of wood and the crystal latticework of stone. Lost whispers in the winds that ever wandered across such death-laden places. The Edur were gone, but their forest had not forgotten them. (BH)
"

The Shadowkeep:

"Just as the image carved upon the alter within the temples dedicated to Shadowthrone, Shadowkeep rose from the plain like an enormous lump of black glass, fractured with curving plains, rippled in places, with some corners glistening white as if crushed. The largest surface facing them - a wall, he supposed - was mottled and dull, as if it was a cortex, the weathered surface of obsidian.

There were no windows as such, but many of the slick surfaces looked semi-translucent and seemed to glow with an inner light. As far as Quick Ben could see, there was no door, no gate, no drawbridge." - (GotM, US HC, p.279)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Origination: This particular god might have once been good, but if he was, then that time has long passed. Gradually, something might have tainted him, turning Sakalthôr into something evil. Perhaps a negative aspect of chaos drove him towards the dark path that he now walks. He schemes and plans, and sometimes makes enemies of more honourable, or "good-natured" gods, who get a taste of his true personality. Sakalthôr is cautious, and he doesn't trust anyone.

He can generally be vengeful towards humans and gods who attack his worshippers, and those who interrupt his schemes. Scheming, cold, and ruthless, though he can change his personality completely when necessity dictates, sometimes appearing civil and polite, at other times, emotionless and brutal. He can sometimes be the sort to befriend others and then stab them in the back at the most opportune time. Fond of effective ways of killing, though not all of them are that quick. His personality can vary quite a bit.

Usually level-headed and possessed of a complex mind that creates layer upon layer of plans and backup plans for whatever situation Sakalthôr finds himself in. Sakalthôr seeks power on all levels, and in all manner of ways, and will not let anything get in the way of attaining that power.
Worship: Generally worshipped by all sorts of bad people, including criminals, assassins, and such. Also generally associated with creatures of the night, and darkness, and black mages, etc. On another note, there seems to be a connection between him, and creatures such as ravens, wolves, serpents and hounds.
3 RP Samples:
|Now a member of Mirakai's harem|
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?
"Winter is coming" - Stark motto.
Syrio Forel- "What do we say to the god of death?"
Arya Stark- "Not today"
Syrio Forel- "All men are made of water, do you know this? If you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die."
My Underworld RP ----> Here <~~~ My RP

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Mon May 04, 2015 5:03 pm

Videssos wrote:Well, this was my app from before.

Diety Name Sakalthôr
Domain/Aspect: Evil
Portfolio: Darkness and Corruption
Element: Not sure exactly, but I'll go for Void.
Realm: Kurald Emurlahn, the Elder Realm of Shadow. It's kind of varied, though at certain times and places there are paths that lead to fragmented lesser dimensions, and sometimes there are three suns in the sky, all of them different colours. There are also some parts where there are seas, and mountains, and in the darkness of the far north, upon one large island is his main abode, Vaagenfjord, which is a rather elaborate thing indeed. I kinda stole this from a book, as well as all the following from the Malazan Book of The Fallen:

"The land around them changed slowly, details slipping into sourceless shadows and re-emerging subtly altered. On what the wizard thought of as the north horizon, a gray forest climbed a slope to what might have been a wall. This wall was in place of sky - maybe it was sky - ...Yet black clouds rode winds above him..." (GotM, US HC, p.279)"

"Plenty of room between the trees, a cathedral of shadows and heavy gloom, the flow of damp air like water against her face as Apsalar jogged onward, flanked by the darting forms of Telorast and Curdle. To her surprise, she was indeed making good time. The ground was surprisingly level and tree-falls seemed nonexistent, as if no tree in this expanse of forest ever died. She had seen no wildlife, had come upon no obvious game trail, yet there had been glades, circular sweeps of moss tightly ringed by evenly spaced cedars, or, if not cedar, then something much like it, the bark rough, shaggy, black as tar. The circles were too perfect to be natural, although no other evidence of intent or design was visible. In these places, the power of shadow was, as Telorast had said, fierce.

Tiste Edur, Kurald Emurlahn, their presence lingered, but only in the same manner as memories clung to graveyards, tombs and barrows. Old dreams snarled and fading in the grasses, in the twist of wood and the crystal latticework of stone. Lost whispers in the winds that ever wandered across such death-laden places. The Edur were gone, but their forest had not forgotten them. (BH)
"

The Shadowkeep:

"Just as the image carved upon the alter within the temples dedicated to Shadowthrone, Shadowkeep rose from the plain like an enormous lump of black glass, fractured with curving plains, rippled in places, with some corners glistening white as if crushed. The largest surface facing them - a wall, he supposed - was mottled and dull, as if it was a cortex, the weathered surface of obsidian.

There were no windows as such, but many of the slick surfaces looked semi-translucent and seemed to glow with an inner light. As far as Quick Ben could see, there was no door, no gate, no drawbridge." - (GotM, US HC, p.279)

Origination: This particular god might have once been good, but if he was, then that time has long passed. Gradually, something might have tainted him, turning Sakalthôr into something evil. Perhaps a negative aspect of chaos drove him towards the dark path that he now walks. He schemes and plans, and sometimes makes enemies of more honourable, or "good-natured" gods, who get a taste of his true personality. Sakalthôr is cautious, and he doesn't trust anyone.

He can generally be vengeful towards humans and gods who attack his worshippers, and those who interrupt his schemes. Scheming, cold, and ruthless, though he can change his personality completely when necessity dictates, sometimes appearing civil and polite, at other times, emotionless and brutal. He can sometimes be the sort to befriend others and then stab them in the back at the most opportune time. Fond of effective ways of killing, though not all of them are that quick. His personality can vary quite a bit.

Usually level-headed and possessed of a complex mind that creates layer upon layer of plans and backup plans for whatever situation Sakalthôr finds himself in. Sakalthôr seeks power on all levels, and in all manner of ways, and will not let anything get in the way of attaining that power.
Worship: Generally worshipped by all sorts of bad people, including criminals, assassins, and such. Also generally associated with creatures of the night, and darkness, and black mages, etc. On another note, there seems to be a connection between him, and creatures such as ravens, wolves, serpents and hounds.
3 RP Samples:

There are some differences in the apps this time, aspects are different for instance. Please read through them and post the proper app for this newer version.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Mon May 04, 2015 6:28 pm

Deity Name: Eluthiel
God or Goddess?: Goddess
Aspect: War
Portfolio: Honor and Glory
Element: Fire(specifically Light)
Realm: Valhalas: The realm of the war goddess, Valhalas is reserved for the most honorable and glorious of leaders, warriors or simple folk. Upon an very high mountain, Valhalas hosts arguably the greatest weapon room ever existed, and also a never-ending feast at a table that never empties of food. Those who win the right to sit at these tables will never grow fat, as well, as the goddess' blessing. Below the mountain is a great valley, full with the riches of vine and vale, along with the wine of Eluthiel, which only the greatest recieve. Great hunts and tournaments of strength and mind are also held. While the Halls of Heroes are open to most heroes, Valhalas is only for those which have treated their enemies and allies alike with honor, and have achieved eternal glory.

Personality: Eluthiel is stern towards those who do not fight their battles with the ideals she represents, but to those that do and continue to do so, they have her everlasting love and a place in her realm when their time is up.
Origination/Biography: A long time ago, a war had raged for hundreds of years, through the generations, between two tribes. It appeared that they were fated to remain locked, equally matched. But one day, a young woman arrived, her origins unknown. After speaking with both groups, she joined one, leading them in victorious battle again and again against her new enemy. Her sword was sharp and her hair long, and she wore a great red cape which followed her into battle. Sometimes she bore a hammer, other times a shining sword, and other times still an ax. She was master of all of these weapons, but after each battle the defeated foes were allowed to bury their dead, and no looting of the bodies occurred. And on one final day, she led a decisive strike into the very heart of the enemy, and captured it. She incorporated the people of that group into her own, but was betrayed by one of her own warriors, who disagreed with her. Stabbed in the back with an arrow, her final words were "Honor and glory." But that was not the end. For sometime later, she rose, somehow knowing she had transcended the levels of a human. And so Eluthiel became patron of the shieldmaidens, honorable folk and warriors, and the very personification of honor and glory.
3 RP Samples:
To Fell an Empire 3.0
Gaea
Infinite Justice: Beyond

I am the goddess Eluthiel, and I have the power of divinity!
Last edited by The Starlight on Thu May 07, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Star
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Mon May 04, 2015 6:36 pm

Starlight, great App but a couple of things are missing or wrong, please read through the rules and I have a question. By Light element do you mean Fire with Light as the specialty?

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Mon May 04, 2015 6:48 pm

Deity Name: Qwrxgyn
God or Goddess?: God and Goddess. The gender changes depending on the aspect that is most dominant at the time. Order is male, while chaos is female.
Aspect: Outsider.
Portfolio: Order and Chaos.
Element: Void.
Realm: The realm of the divinity known as Qwrxgyn is a constantly changing, ever-morphing manor, one that has constant changes to its architecture through unseen forces. Some halls are straight and orderly, while others are bent, upside-down, and often ignore any semblance of reality or architectural plausibility. On the outside, the manor looks as if someone threw together a thousand years' worth of architectural styles and technology, with things like spires and domes complementing columned roofs and portas. While it may appear that there is a wall in one place, it may cease to exist if walked towards, and where there is a door or an open colonnade, it may prove to be simply an illusion, an invisible wall blocking further progression. It is extremely easy to get lost within the realm, often referred to as Yariqothkar, as tortured beasts and warped human-like creatures wander the halls, walls, and ceilings of the manors as their residence.

At the very center of this manor is the Throne of Balance, a room that is divided evenly, half and half, between chaos and order. It is here that Qwrxgyn receives guests, such as their mortal champion, or other Gods and Goddesses. It is also here, where the fundamental struggle of Qwrxgyn takes place; the battle between Chaos and Order. The room, built by the deity in order to keep the conflict localized, has one side that is perfectly symmetrical and neat; Even half of the deity's throne is symmetrical and carved out of beautifully ornate marble. The other half of the room resembles the other, more chaotic parts of the manor, with architectural implausibilities and seemingly never ending corners and walls and windows that look into nothing and everything that are simply illusions. The half of the throne that is on the Chaos side is erratic and disheveled, made out of dozens of different, equally reflective precious metals.

Here are its two avatar aspects, though neither are present at the same time. Order is represented by the big, looming creature, while chaos is represented by the small humanoid.

Personality: The personality of Qwrxgyn depends heavily, almost entirely, on the aspect of the God that is prevalent or dominant at the time, as it often changes. When Chaos is dominant, Qwrxgyn's set of morals become flimsy and easily warped; they still exist, but they make little-to-no sense and are subject to frequent change. Chaotic Qwrxgyn is not withdrawn at all, and in fact seems quite gregarious, towards mortals and other Gods. It often frequents the mortal plane causing trouble and destroying lives, all in the name of Chaos. Qwrxgyn also finds an almost compulsive pleasure in destroying the plans of the Gods that oppose it.

On the other hand, Orderly Qwrxgyn has a set of morals that are completely and entirely inflexible. Twisted as they are, Orderly Qwrxgyn believes that everything must be in complete and utter organization for the eventual destruction of the mortal and immortal planes of existence. It finds no pleasure in interacting or socializing with other Gods or mortals, and views mortals as a resource for its power, which it husbands quite carefully. When having to appear to mortals or other Gods, it speaks in the most deliberate of Trochaic Heptameter.
Origination/Biography: Perhaps even time before Humans, there has been chaos and order, two concepts so Human and temporal yet so unmistakably and obviously pure and immortal. Qwrxgyn is a spirit that existed long before any sentient race roamed the mortal plane, but was merely personified and made into a God by the mortals that now call Vinosea their home. The Void calling forth two joint Gods to rule the two concepts of Chaos and Order, two separate spirits were born, but were fatefully intertwined due to the aspects that they held domain over. The two souls, personalities twisted and warped by their joint fate, conjoined to their opposite aspect, were merged into a single spirit, a dual-deity.

The two aspects, still retaining a semblance of their own personalities and consciousnesses, were trapped within a single immortal body, competing for the control of the body. Each of them tricked one another and used mortals and their own individual champions in the struggle against one another that has spanned untold millennia.
3 RP Samples:
  • The Previous Vinosea RP
  • I can list two more if you really want.

... and I have the power of divinity!

Sorry about the barebones app, it'll be made meatier tomorrow and the day after when I'm not too busy.
Last edited by Transoxthraxia on Sun May 10, 2015 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Mon May 04, 2015 7:02 pm

Edited, SaintB. Please tell me if anything else is missing, thanks.
Call me Star

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Mon May 04, 2015 7:05 pm

The Starlight wrote:Edited, SaintB. Please tell me if anything else is missing, thanks.

Seems just right now, accepted.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Mon May 04, 2015 7:06 pm

SaintB wrote:
The Starlight wrote:Edited, SaintB. Please tell me if anything else is missing, thanks.

Seems just right now, accepted.

Thanks. Looking forward to this!
Call me Star

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse