NATION

PASSWORD

Alien Civilizations - OOC / Applications

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

So, what do you think about the monsterous rulebook.

Perfect! Lets get started with it ASAP!
47%
It could use some editing.
16%
BURN IT!
38%

Total votes : 32

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Alien Civilizations - OOC / Applications

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:35 pm

Welcome to...

Alien civilizations!

NEXUS

Perm IC: viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=31&t=335346&p=24005428#p24005428

Temp IC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=335061#unread

Map with region colors explained: http://i.imgur.com/KB13zOg.png

Rules Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=335239&start=25

Out of Character thread.

In short, Alien civs is a roleplay where all sorts of sentient species simultaniously evolve/materialize on a strange planet. Each race starts out with primitive technology and a small population. They then go on to build cities, research new tech, wage war against other species and the likes.

The Planet

RAINLANDS

The rainlands cover around 15% of the planet's continents. Life thrives here. This part of the world has a very rich (and deadly) flora and fauna and it rains all night every night. Average Temperatures between 30 and 40 degrees celsius. Lots of fresh water to drink.

SANDLANDS

These deserts cover as much as 20% of dry land. They have little flora and even less fauna. Not very hospitable. Little water, 40-50 Celsius during at 3 PM. 0-10 Celsius at 3 AM.

SWAMPS

Toxic Swamps. Don't fall into the water! Only a strange breed of plants and trees can survive around here... animals who can find some source of clean water. Average temperatures around 300 Kelvins.

WINDLANDS

Wast plains scarred by passing rivers. Windspeeds are high and while most days are sunny, a storms hit weekly and blow away everything in its path... hence the lack of forests. Smaller vegetation on the other hand does well. -25 to 15 degrees celsius average temperatures (there is summer and winter). Warmer in the canyons (by about 10 degrees).

HIGHLANDS

Mountains. Lots of them. In between, relatively livable valleys with forests. Temperatures between -25 and 15 degrees.

TREELANDS

With a temperate/Oceanic weather, Treelands would be among the most hospitable parts of the planet for carbon-based life, were it not for the vast forests of purple trees grow that emit neurotoxic gas whenever someone dares to mess with it's leaves.

COLDLANDS

Basically Tundra. Can get as cold as -45 Celsius but you'll probably find something to eat during the summer.

ICELANDS

Inhospitable for most species.

FIRELANDS

A Really dangerous place to live in!

Now, The app form:
IMPORTANT! Be sure species characteristics aligns with starting climate. Each species should be able to survive in only one kind of region without use of technology)

Code: Select all
Species name:
Species starting climate:
Species characteristics:

Civilization name:
Civilization characteristics:
Name of starting settlement and its short history:
Last edited by Harkback Union on Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:33 pm

Harkback Union wrote:Welcome to...

Alien civilizations!

Interest thread.

So, I'm planning to make a roleplay where all sorts of sentient species simultaniously evolve/materialize on a strange planet. Each race would all start out with primitive technology and a small population. They would then go on to build cities, research new tech, wage war against other species and the likes.

Anyone interested?

Indeed

Free Tuks
Envoy

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Free Tuks » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:35 pm

Harkback Union wrote:Welcome to...

Alien civilizations!

Interest thread.

So, I'm planning to make a roleplay where all sorts of sentient species simultaniously evolve/materialize on a strange planet. Each race would all start out with primitive technology and a small population. They would then go on to build cities, research new tech, wage war against other species and the likes.

Anyone interested?

Sounds very good.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:55 am

All right! I already made the map, Now I just need to write a proper OP.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:40 pm

I look forward to it.

Though I'll likely apply after spring break as I'm on vacation.

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam
Senator

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:41 pm

Tag....
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:11 pm

OP will be up in 24 hours. Anyone wanna be co-op?

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:23 pm

i would do it
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:01 pm

I am open to the idea as well.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:02 pm

Excellent. Writing OP now.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:06 pm

DONE!

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:31 pm

Will there be mechanics to this RP?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:48 pm

tag
This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
The danger is in a particular location... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.
The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours. The danger is to the body, and it can kill. The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.
The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:08 pm

This sounds very interesting.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:40 am

Ralnis wrote:Will there be mechanics to this RP?

Maybe. Do you think it would make things better?

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:37 am

The OP was updated, in case anybody missed it.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:45 am

Harkback Union wrote:The OP was updated, in case anybody missed it.

I'll try and app later today, or early tomorrow. But won't be able to post from the 23rd till the 30th.
Last edited by Cainesland on Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:46 am

Harkback Union wrote:

I think it should be open-ended.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:59 am

I am interested :)
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:01 am

Harkback Union wrote:

Elaborate on mechanics?
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:03 am

Will put app here
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:54 am

Species name: Tuvan
Species starting climate: Swamp
Species characteristics:
Picture of a Tuvan (ignore the weapons and armor)
The Tuvanians have the appearance of a frog standing on two legs. They have green skin, webbed feat and hands, and an anatomy somewhat similar to a human. They are omnivorous, and their diet consists of plants and whatever animals they can capture and cook in the swamps. The Tuvanians are one of the few animals that have adapted to the swamps and prefer that type of climate, and due to their intelligence, they are at the top of the food chain in that biome. The only major defense mechanism that a Tuvan has is the ability to spit out a venom; the venom is so potent that if absorbed into the skin, it can cause a predator's nervous system to shut down, resulting in permanent paralysis, and eventually death.

Civilization name:
Tuvanian Chiefdom
Civilization characteristics: The civilization is a chiefdom, a precursor to the kingdom where political organization is based on kinship. It is more complex than a tribe, but the civilization has not yet become a state. The civilization has two social classes (elite and commoner), and has begun to see signs of more social stratification.
Name of starting settlement and its short history: The name of the starting settlement is Zarneva. Zarneva was founded when several tribes of Tuvan settled down in an area of the swampland and began building a settlement full of huts and other buildings. The tribes had decided that it was better to cooperate rather than compete, as cooperation would be mutually beneficial to everyone in the settlement.
Last edited by The Orson Empire on Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:17 pm

Where should i start?
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

The United Yognaughts
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Yognaughts » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:40 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:Species name: Tuvan
Species characteristics:
The Tuvanians have the appearance of a frog standing on two legs. They have green skin, webbed feat and hands, and an anatomy somewhat similar to a human. They are omnivorous, and their diet consists of plants and whatever animals they can capture and cook in the swamps. The Tuvanians are one of the few animals that have adapted to the swamps and prefer that type of climate, and due to their intelligence, they are at the top of the food chain in that biome. The only major defense mechanism that a Tuvan has is the ability to spit out a venom; the venom is so potent that if absorbed into the skin, it can cause a predator's nervous system to shut down, resulting in permanent paralysis, and eventually death.

Civilization name:
Tuvanian Chiefdom
Civilization characteristics: The civilization is a chiefdom, a precursor to the kingdom where political organization is based on kinship. It is more complex than a tribe, but the civilization has not yet become a state. The civilization has two social classes (elite and commoner), and has begun to see signs of more social stratification.
Name of starting settlement and its short history: The name of the starting settlement is Zarneva. Zarneva was founded when several tribes of Tuvan settled down in an area of the swampland and began building a settlement full of huts and other buildings. The tribes had decided that it was better to cooperate rather than compete, as cooperation would be mutually beneficial to everyone in the settlement.

Also known as Whoosians ;).

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:11 pm

The United Yognaughts wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Species name: Tuvan
Species characteristics:

Civilization name:
Tuvanian Chiefdom

Also known as Whoosians ;).

Damn it, you figured it out.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse