NATION

PASSWORD

The Game of Thrones (OOC, Need Some More People)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Toronina
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

The Game of Thrones (OOC, Need Some More People)

Postby Toronina » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:27 pm

The Iron Throne....
The seat of power for the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros....
Forged by man and dragonfire it has inspired only fear, rebellion, and greed throughout the realm....
Many have played it's game....
But none have ever truly won....
For the game never ends....
At best there only lulls and pauses....
Winter has ended and the game renews....
As always there are new players....
The rule stays the same....
You win or you die....

Formerly another roleplay, and before that a region roleplay, this one takes place a year after the events of the previous one which can be found here: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=318538. We agreed to start over and this were here now. The royal family is descended from the union of a daughter of Tommen and a son of Shirreen, thus accounting for their trademark blue eyes and black hair. Not every bit of the history is written down however, so feel free to ask a question about our lore. Please do note this is a work in progress. If you wish to join now, please be willing to help out with figuring out the plot.

You have 3 warnings for rules. You can work off warnings, but 3 and me and the co-ops will be having a talk about you. You can work them off, but don't push your luck.

1: All other Nationstates rules apply
2: No Godmodding. Keep it realistic people, no part of Westeros or Essos can field a million people at once.
3. One liners are not recommended, you won't be warned, but try to get more than 2 lines at least
4. All rule breakers are to be reported to me or the Co-Op's
5. Obey your liege lord. Say you are playing the Umber's and Lord Stark orders you to do something, don't act like you can just disobey him without punishment. This rule will come with no warnings, but do remember, Lord Stark would have every right to march to Last Hearth and destroy you.

People in the Roleplay and their Characters:

Toronina Hand of the Queen, Protector of the Realm and Lord of Storm's End, Lyonel Baratheon. Ser Vorian Dayne, Sword of the Morning and Lord Commander of the Kingsguard. Warden of the North and Lord of Winterfell, Brandon Stark.

Blobovia The Mistress of Coin, Lara Lannister, as well as her sworn shield/lover, Ser Adulf Branting.

Nuxipal The Mistress of Laws, Princess of Dragonstone, rider of the she dragon Caeliphon and 4th (?) in line to to Empire of New Valyria.

Sebastionbourg Lord of Summerhall and Master of Whisperers, Sebasion Iranassar. The Prince of Dorne.

Woodstovia Her Grace, the Queen of the Andals, Rhoynar and the First Men and Lady of the Seven Kingdoms, Cassana Baratheon. Cassana's twin and second in command of the Kingsguard, Ser Corlys Baratheon.

Romus Maximus Commander of the City Watch and owner of the young dragon Chrysophylax, Darion Crex.

Phalnia Lord Reaper of Harlaw, Lord of Ten Towers and the Master of Ships, Ruce Harlaw.

Alotopia Warden of the East Lord of the Eyrie, Gates of the Moon and Runestone, Yorwyck Royce.

Open Characters:

Warden of the East, Lord of the Eyrie, Gates of the Moon and Runestone, Yorwyck Royce. Warden of the South, Master of Food and Lord of Highgarden, Quentyn Tyrell.

Plot: We all know the danger of playing the game of thrones, a slip can cost you your life, blind trust can result in betryal, so many dangers, yet so many willing to play it. Taking place on year after the events of 500 AC, Lord Hand Lyonel is attempting a talk with Baelor Targaryen, Emperor of New Valyria, while Corlys Baratheon lives with the knowledge that he has killed one of his brothers in arms, Ser Benjen Paege. Baela Targaryen lies on Dragonstone, while Lord Tyrell attempts to have her banished from the realm, and Queen Cassana Baratheon looks for a way to outwit her cousin, the Hand. While they play the game of thrones, in the Frostfangs mountain range, the Others rise once more, a seemingly endless army that for the past 201 years prevented any access beyond the Frostfangs, to see what lied within the Lands of Always Winter. The Lord Commander of the Kingsguard trains the Queen's twin brother to be his successor and remains unaware of what young Corlys has done

Tensions rise in King's Landing, and everywhere it seems. The Others rise once more, and dragons seemingly come to life in the Riverlands, causing the mass migration of smallfolk. One slip is all it takes to mess up, but can you succeed? Can you play the game of thrones and win? Or can you put aside the petty games and convince others to do the same? This is The Game of Thrones, and not everyone is exactly loyal to Lyonel, as Lord Tyrell would gladly rise if Cassana tried to take what she believes is hers. So many oppertunites to play the game, and a great tourney to come, the winner of the Melee to be granted a white cloak. You must be careful, you must strike hard, fast and right. Some may wish to see the world in flames if they could rule over the ashes. Do be careful, there are no restarts when you're dead.

Quite basically, there are a number of plots to be happening, and the order is yet to be decided.

Name:
House Allegiance, if any:
Appearance:
A short bio (2-5 well-written paragraphs, please):
Any additional information:
RP Example (1-3 links or paragraphs, links preferred - no RP sample greatly diminishes your chances of being accepted):

IC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=332945
Last edited by Toronina on Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:41 am, edited 10 times in total.
Now I'm back in the ring to take another swing

Romus Maximus
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Romus Maximus » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:43 pm

Yay I is at teh new thread.
Call me Rom, Romus or I'll respond to Sith.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!
The GAmeTopians wrote:(-(-(-(-(-(-.-)-)-)-)-)-) #Mafia

Krugmar
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krugmar » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:54 pm

Will be applying, either later or tomorrow, just have some questions.

1) What is the situation in the East? I noticed in the linked thread that there is a New Valyria, but does it cover most of Essos, or just Northern Valyria and Slaver's Bay?

2) Following on from that, Is it possible to play as an eastern character, or is this just confined to Westeros?

Edit: Here is the app

Name: Tihollo (derived from Tiholat, To understand)
House Allegiance, if any: Tihollo Khalasar
Appearance: Ignore the sword, he uses an arakh
A short bio (2-5 well-written paragraphs, please): Tihollo was born to Khal Verro, one of the many khals operating in the Dothraki sea, and one of his wives. He was born as a third son, and it was assumed that he would either serve one of his brothers as a kos, or be killed by them before he could become a rival. He was neglected by his father growing up, only gaining basic affection but shunned elsewhere. He was trained by one of his fathers bloodriders, Lanqo, from an early age, mastering riding, archery and the arakh. By the time he was 16 he had become a threat to his eldest brother and newly made Khal, Filko, who had killed one of his brothers, Qharo, and forced the other to become one of his kos, Rhello. Tihollo fought with his brother in a duel to the death and was badly injured, saved only by Lanqo who fought off the new khal and fled with Tihollo.

Tihollo spent many months wandering with Lanqo, who was attempting to get himself killed in order to join Verro in the afterlife, but failed dismally. Tihollo spent time in the Free Cities, learning the ways of the perfumed men, though he disliked and distrusted their dishonourable ways. He was in Pentos when a small khalasar, led by Naqo, arrived to claim their tribute. While the magisters hurried to pay off the khal, Tihollo decided to kill him and take his khalasar. The fight was quite short, with Tihollo managing to gain the upper hand using techniques learned in some of the Free Cities, and ended in Naqo being decapitated, and his braided topknot being cut off and his bells added to Tihollo's meagre amount.

Tihollo took his khalasar, numbering around 2000, and set off to find his brother and exact his revenge. His brother's khalasar had swelled to 12,000 which was quite a large khalasar, and Tihollo's khalasar believed that they stood no chance. They eventually met in the Dothraki sea, and skirmished for several hours, resulting in large losses on both sides. Tihollo was an excellent strategist, and a great swordsman, and outmaneuvered his brother's khalasar several times. Despite his early victories, defeat seemed certain due to the casualties he was taking and the smaller size of his khalasar. Therefore, despite not wanting to, he challenged his brother to a duel to the death, which Filko was forced to accept. The fight was long, yet neither received any wounds for quite some time, dodging and parrying most of the hits. Filko was larger and stronger than Tihollo, but was slower and less agile which proved to be his undoing. Quite a few nicks and cuts managed to slowly bring down the exhausted giant, who was so tired that he was unable to parry a slash that spelled doom for him. His bloodriders were quickly killed as they attempted to avenge him by killing Tihollo, and the khalasar belonged to him.

He made Janqo, despite his age, one of his bloodriders, as well as Rhello who was grateful for being rescued from a brother who had tortured and abused him for years. Tihollo merged his khalasars, and after the battle it numbered around 6000, with only 300 surviving from his previous khalasar. For the past 7 years he has been raiding, fighting and forcing tribute which has seen his khalasar slowly grow back to 11.000. He is considered one of the leading khals in the sea, and is still rather young. Rumour has it that he is seeking a new wife, after his died in childbirth along with the baby, and is contemplating a change in Dothraki ways and tactics. His exile had taught him much of the luxuries of the west, and what the Dothraki could do with it.

Any additional information: His Khalasar numbers around 17,000, but the 11,000 mentioned are the fighters. I will make apps for Lanqo, Rhello, the unnamed bloodrider and a potential wife soon.
RP Example:[url=Westeros: Rise of a King]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=23640016#p23640016[/url]
Last edited by Krugmar on Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liec made me tell you to consider Kylaris

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:18 pm

What happened in the past year?

Romus Maximus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Romus Maximus » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:42 pm

Will we be needing to repost our apps?

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:44 pm

Hmm. Anyone mind giving me a summary of the events of the previous RP, and any characters who might be interesting?
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Phalnia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phalnia » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:02 pm

Ruce Harlaw, reporting.

"The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." Mark Twain
“Don't feel entitled to anything you didn't sweat and struggle for.” Marian Wright Edelman

Toronina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Toronina » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:29 pm

Krugmar wrote:Will be applying, either later or tomorrow, just have some questions.

1) What is the situation in the East? I noticed in the linked thread that there is a New Valyria, but does it cover most of Essos, or just Northern Valyria and Slaver's Bay?

2) Following on from that, Is it possible to play as an eastern character, or is this just confined to Westeros?

Edit: Here is the app

Name: Tihollo (derived from Tiholat, To understand)
House Allegiance, if any: Tihollo Khalasar
Appearance: Ignore the sword, he uses an arakh
A short bio (2-5 well-written paragraphs, please): Tihollo was born to Khal Verro, one of the many khals operating in the Dothraki sea, and one of his wives. He was born as a third son, and it was assumed that he would either serve one of his brothers as a kos, or be killed by them before he could become a rival. He was neglected by his father growing up, only gaining basic affection but shunned elsewhere. He was trained by one of his fathers bloodriders, Lanqo, from an early age, mastering riding, archery and the arakh. By the time he was 16 he had become a threat to his eldest brother and newly made Khal, Filko, who had killed one of his brothers, Qharo, and forced the other to become one of his kos, Rhello. Tihollo fought with his brother in a duel to the death and was badly injured, saved only by Lanqo who fought off the new khal and fled with Tihollo.

Tihollo spent many months wandering with Lanqo, who was attempting to get himself killed in order to join Verro in the afterlife, but failed dismally. Tihollo spent time in the Free Cities, learning the ways of the perfumed men, though he disliked and distrusted their dishonourable ways. He was in Pentos when a small khalasar, led by Naqo, arrived to claim their tribute. While the magisters hurried to pay off the khal, Tihollo decided to kill him and take his khalasar. The fight was quite short, with Tihollo managing to gain the upper hand using techniques learned in some of the Free Cities, and ended in Naqo being decapitated, and his braided topknot being cut off and his bells added to Tihollo's meagre amount.

Tihollo took his khalasar, numbering around 2000, and set off to find his brother and exact his revenge. His brother's khalasar had swelled to 12,000 which was quite a large khalasar, and Tihollo's khalasar believed that they stood no chance. They eventually met in the Dothraki sea, and skirmished for several hours, resulting in large losses on both sides. Tihollo was an excellent strategist, and a great swordsman, and outmaneuvered his brother's khalasar several times. Despite his early victories, defeat seemed certain due to the casualties he was taking and the smaller size of his khalasar. Therefore, despite not wanting to, he challenged his brother to a duel to the death, which Filko was forced to accept. The fight was long, yet neither received any wounds for quite some time, dodging and parrying most of the hits. Filko was larger and stronger than Tihollo, but was slower and less agile which proved to be his undoing. Quite a few nicks and cuts managed to slowly bring down the exhausted giant, who was so tired that he was unable to parry a slash that spelled doom for him. His bloodriders were quickly killed as they attempted to avenge him by killing Tihollo, and the khalasar belonged to him.

He made Janqo, despite his age, one of his bloodriders, as well as Rhello who was grateful for being rescued from a brother who had tortured and abused him for years. Tihollo merged his khalasars, and after the battle it numbered around 6000, with only 300 surviving from his previous khalasar. For the past 7 years he has been raiding, fighting and forcing tribute which has seen his khalasar slowly grow back to 11.000. He is considered one of the leading khals in the sea, and is still rather young. Rumour has it that he is seeking a new wife, after his died in childbirth along with the baby, and is contemplating a change in Dothraki ways and tactics. His exile had taught him much of the luxuries of the west, and what the Dothraki could do with it.

Any additional information: His Khalasar numbers around 17,000, but the 11,000 mentioned are the fighters. I will make apps for Lanqo, Rhello, the unnamed bloodrider and a potential wife soon.
RP Example:[url=Westeros: Rise of a King]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=23640016#p23640016[/url]

Glad to see you join and thanks for the questions. Most of Essos is new Valyria. They claim control over Dothraki areas as well, and some Dothraki have bent their knees to New Valyria, but the fact remains all it takes is a good shot with a Dragonbone bow to an eye to kill one. At the moment, a lot of the action is taking place in Westeros, but I can easily organize something to bring my main character over to Essos.

EDIT: Accepted
Last edited by Toronina on Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toronina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Toronina » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:55 pm

Sebastianbourg wrote:What happened in the past year?

I would say, Cassana's Coronation, quite a few arguments, a new member of the Kingsguard, and Investigation into the death of Ser Benjen, appointment of a new Kingsguard, I was hoping some of you guys had some more ideas.

Romus Maximus wrote:Will we be needing to repost our apps?

Please do so, so people know who your character is and such. Maybe edit it a bit for the current events.

Lunas Legion wrote:Hmm. Anyone mind giving me a summary of the events of the previous RP, and any characters who might be interesting?
The roleplay started off sometime into the reign of King Eddard Baratheon, son of Robert II who died in a tourney mishap. Eddard appointed as his hand the Master of Laws under his father, Lyonel Baratheon, Lord of Storm's End and first cousin to him. He also appointed as the new Master of Laws, another first cousin, Cassana. Eddard however having lead a live of prvlidge, was a fat glutton who fathered only bastards and refused a bachelor life. Lyonel seeing that his cousin was a shite ass king, hatched a plot to have him killed, though Eddard dies on the toilet before his plan can happen. Lyonel as the next in line is called king, but Cassana attempts to contest it. Eventually a vote between the High lords comes to see who will be crowned, a close one with the Lord Stark, Lord Lannister (Presumably) and Lord Royce voting for Lyonel and Lord Tyrell and Lord Tully voting for Cassana. I can't remember who the Prince of Dorne voted for, and Lord Harlaw was not in the roleplay at the time. Lyonel and Cassana end up striking a deal, Cassana will get a crown and jewels and get to be called Queen, but Lyonel holds the real power as the hand of the King.

Nuxipal has recently told me that they can't do all their characters, so perhaps ask if you could take Lord Royce or Tyrell off their hands. Lord Tyrell is the Master of Food (In charge of making sure the realm does not starve) and if you take Lord Royce I could find a position on the council for you.

Phalnia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phalnia » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:23 pm

Name: Lord Ruce Harlaw, Lord of the Iron Islands, Lord Reaper of Harlaw, Son of the Sea Wind, Captain of the Black Tide
House Allegiance, if any: House Harlaw of Harlaw.
Appearance: Ruce is a large man standing six and a half feet tall, and weighing just over two-hundred pounds. His hair is long and black and matched by his shaggy beard. His body is riddled with scars, and old wounds.
A short bio (2-5 well-written paragraphs, please): Ruce Harlaw is the oldest son to the late Lord Brik Harlaw. As a boy on Harlaw he was tutored in the Old Ways and the iron price. But, his father also taught him about the folly of the Greyjoys. They had attempted to force the ways of the Ironborn onto the greenlands. This was a foolish move and was undertaken at the wrong time. House Harlaw has kept the Old Way confined to the Islands and reals beyond Westeros.

At twelve Ruce took to the sea aboard his uncle's ship. They raided merchant vessels from lands beyond the shores of Westeros, and raided along the Stepstones and Summer Isles. At fourteen Ruce took his first salt wife at Grey Gallows. At fifteen Ruce and his uncle returned to Harlaw, Ruce now a battle-tested raider. At home the treasures brought back were well received at Ruce was able to parlay them into a ship of his own, which he named the Black Tide, after the dark waters that crashed on the shores they day the ship was finished.

Fifteen and a full fledged captain, Ruce took to the sea with men and boys he recruited on Harlaw. He sailed to the Sothoryos and raided along the northern coast, reaving and raping as ironborn are made to do. He also searched through ruins found on the far off continent, taking ancient treasures for himself. He next sailed north to the Shivering Sea and raided the lands of Sarnor, Omber, and Ifequevron. He kept a small island off of the nation of Ibben as his home port during these times.

The island was sparsely populated by farmers, who quickly bent the knee to Ruce and his men. The ironborn would return to the island with thralls, women, and pilfered goods often. He was good to the islanders, as long as they obeyed his rule. Eventually, Ruce managed to bring corsairs, locals and even thralls into his crew. Eventually, the Black Tide proved to small for the crew and Ruce captured two ships. He promoted his two most trusted officers to captain and filled the crew with a mix of ironborn and new recruits.

After nearly a dozen years away, Ruce returned to Harlaw, his stories were dismissed by his countrymen, but his crew and stolen goods backed-up his story. Impressed by his son's prowess as a captain Lord Brik made him Lord Captain of the Iron Fleet. Ruce served as a capable and skilled leader, for three years. In Ruce's thirtieth year, Lord Brik died at sea when his ship was dashed by a storm. Ruce inherited his father's titles and seat. As Lord of the Iron Islands, Ruce set about bolstering the Iron Fleet which had never fully recovered from the Greyjoy Rebellion. His near legendary exploits in the east and skill as a naval tactician, make Ruce a clear choice to fill the seat of Master of Ships on the Small Council.

Ruce was occupied putting down an insurrection on the Iron Islands when King Robert was slain in the joust and returned to King's Landing only a few weeks later. Since then he has served as a competent Master of Ships. He has seen to improving the fleet and adding three new ships. In the same span of time, Ruce's eldest trueborn son has come of age and rules the Iron Islands from Ten Towers in his father's stead.
Any additional information: When the Harlaws were given dominion over the Iron Islands, they moved the Seastone Chair to Ten Towers and established another Harlaw cadet house at Pyke. Ruce wields a Valyrian-steel long sword named Nightfall. His ship's mast is covered in the skins of strange beasts he and his crew killed during his voyages.
RP Example (1-3 links or paragraphs, links preferred - no RP sample greatly diminishes your chances of being accepted):
viewtopic.php?p=15143180#p15143180
viewtopic.php?p=15747812#p15747812
viewtopic.php?p=9880760#p9880760
Last edited by Phalnia on Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." Mark Twain
“Don't feel entitled to anything you didn't sweat and struggle for.” Marian Wright Edelman

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:50 pm

Placeing the updated app for Baela here. I'm currently down to just a handful(and an enormous one) of roleplays while building another Game of Thrones one. Toronia sent me a TG and I will only be playing Baela, and possibly Lucarys if I find myself wanting to do more.

Name: Princess Baela Targaryen
House Allegiance, if any: Targaryen
Appearance:

Baela was born in 483 AL to Prince Aerion Targaryen and Shiera Velaryon. She has a twin brother, who did not survive childhood. Raised in behind the Black wall for the first ten years of her life, Baela learned to speak Valyrian as her first language and eventually learned the Common Tongue as a means to communicate with the Westerosi Diplomats which arrived to see her mother frequently. With her father second in line to the throne of Valyria, and her mother's brother the Lord of Driftmark, Baela spent time going between the two nations. It was no secret that the Targaryen Family had been breeding dragons again, and two days after her elder brother, Lucarys, claimed a dragon for himself in 497, the he-dragon Tyraxes, Baela claimed a dragon of her own. A she-dragon named, Caeliphon. Of the two, Caeliphon was the larger. It was nearing its 90th year and its size was enormous. The largest of the Targaryen Dragons; Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal; had died only a few years before Baela was born.

After she claimed Caeliphon, Baela and Lucarys led an army to the Stepstones. With little organized resistance the Stepstones were taken for Valyria and broken up between Myr, Tyrosh and Lys for administrative purposes. They returned to Volantis and were celebrated as heroes. Baela was only 14 at the time of this and instantly began attracting attention from other members of her Dynasty as a possible second or third wife. With the return to Essos, many members of the Targaryen family converted back to the Old Valyrian Religion and some to the Red God Rhillor. Baela and her branch were of the former. Baela, while not the most devout in praying to the gods of her people, she was a firm believer that the only reason her family is able to breed dragons again is the return to the old ways.

Today, Baela is given more independence than she normally has. While she doesn't particularly care for her grandfather's rule, she does feel a need to support her family should they call her. She is one of only 7 Dragonriders that are in New Valyria. Only 4 of those are Targaryens, 3 are from other families in Volantis and the North Valyrian territories. Baela only recently learned that a new continent had been discovered and she wishes to go see it, after all, she has flown over the ruins of Old Valyria multiple times and has flown above the shores of Sothoryos. She was going to lead an invasion of the Summer Isles, but her Grandfather decided that would be too much of a stretch so long as Slaver's Bay is contested between the Dragon and Harpies.

Baela is a part of a delegation in Kings Landing from House Targaryen. When the King of Westeros died there was a moment when she thought about her dragon and if she could use it to claim the throne for herself, but instead she chose not to intervene and flew to Driftmark to wait for word from her relatives in Volantis. Afterall, she had gone to Westeros with a diplomatic offer in hand.

Any additional information: Caeliphon is a 90+ year old dragon coming in at nearly 150 feet long with a wingspan of over 300 feet. Baela is the second rider of Caeliphon, the first was Prince Viserys, the grandson of Empress Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen. Two additional generations later, Baela was able to claim the enormous dragon at the young age of 14. While the dragon will continue to grow until it dies, Caeliphon's growth has slowed significantly, to just about a foot a year length with proportions filled in all around.

Events since Last seen: In the last year, Baela has solidified her rule over Dragonstone and the other Islands of the Narrow Sea. She has also begun an expansion to the Castle of Dragonstone. Dragonstone was seeing a larger curtain wall as well as something out of storybooks, a large central spire reminiscent of Old Valyria. It would take another few years to complete the wall and the tower would be finished the year after that. Driftmark was seeing an influx of people and the city of Hull was refounded by Baela. It was primarily made up of Pentoshi and East Valyrians. Baela herself spent most of her time on Driftmark instead of the Capital, regularly missing Small Council Meetings to avoid the hostility which has brewed between herself and the now King-Consort Quentyn Tyrell, who has recently petitioned for Baela to be removed as Mistress of Laws and the position be given to him instead.

While nothing has come of these petitions, thanks in part to Lyonel, Baela has felt that she is safer away from the Capital. Thus far, Baela has only gone home once, and that was to see Lucarys be wed to the daughter of the Emperor and officially become Crown Prince Lucarys Targaryen of Valyria. His newly founded powers have caused some problems already as he immediately started planning a campaign to conquer the former Sarnori lands, including the city of Saath, which so far has resisted both Valyria and the Dothraki. He has bid that Baela join him on this expedition.

Recently created Co-OP of Game of Thrones - Legacy: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=303673
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Toronina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Toronina » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:57 pm

Name: Lyonel Baratheon, Hand of the Queen, Protector of the Realm and Lord of Storm's End
House Allegiance, if any: House Baratheon of King's Landing, House Baratheon of Storm's end.
Appearance: A tall thin man with short black hair beginning to bald and a short black beard kept well trimmed. Stands at an impressive 6'4

A short bio (2-5 well-written paragraphs, please): Born the eldest son of Robar Baratheon, Lord of Storm's End and brother to King Robert II. From a young age, Lyonel showed no interest in fighting, preferring the company of books then people. While his father tried to make him a fighter, Lord Robar eventually gave up on the task. At 12, he was sent to foster at King's Landing with his uncle, where he quickly proved his wit and intellect to the court, and was given a Kingsguard to protect him, Ser Vorian Dayne who was a war veteran in a few bloody skirmishes with New Valyria, before the uneasy peace had come. Ser Vorian became something of a close friend to Lyonel, which not may could brag about.

At 20, he was made the Master of Laws for his Uncle, and showed skill in handling the peace. Peace could not last forever though, and it was broken with the War for the Stepstones. He was one of the first to know to run and run fast, when doom appeared on the horizon in the form of Lucerys and Baela Targaryen.

During a tourney to celebrate the coming of the 500th year since Aegon's Conquest, Lyonel did not make it very far in the jousting lists, while his cousin and uncle made it to the finals, where his cousin was taken out by a Tyroshi sellsword in the service of a New Valyrian envoy. The joust of the tourney ended in tragedy when the Tyroshi's lance impaled King Robert, killing him instantly.

Made the Hand for his best friend and cousin, Lyonel excelled at the position, but protested the appointment of one of his other cousins, Cassana. During Eddard's reign, where he declared he to Lyonel that he would never marry, Lyonel enlisted the support of Baela Targaryen, recently then made New Valyria's ambassador to Westeros, in an attempt to overthrow Eddard and place Lyonel on the throne instead, as Eddard had not been a great king, beggaring the realm and having already had numerous bastard children, though he had acknowledged none of them.

Before the plan could come to fruit, Eddard died on the privy, leaving Lyonel as the technical King (WIP, will finish later)

Events since Last seen: Lyonel has grown frustrated with King-Consort Quentyn and is tired of the mans constant petitions which few ever sign, and them only to get him off their backs. Lyonel is setting in motion a plan to visit Empeor Baelor to hold a peaceful discussion over the Stepstones War, and an attempt to establish trade routes. He has had his sons and daughter sent to King's Landing to be closer to their father, as well as to show them off to any suitors, and has put Ser Gerold Swann as Castellan of Storm's End. A tourney to see who the newest Kingsgaurd will be is to be held eventually.
Any additional information: Wields the sword Fury, once named Widow's Wail.
Last edited by Toronina on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:40 am

Name: Cassana Baratheon
House Allegiance, if any: Baratheon
Appearance: http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l501/LuminaCross/Vocaloid/259859.jpg

A short bio (2-5 well-written paragraphs, please): Cassana Baratheon was the youngest daughter of the youngest child of king Jamie Baratheon, and as such was spoilt; being able to demand anything her heart desired; her father and also the king being all too happy to indulge the apple of there eye. Her father was also unwilling to properly discipline her, one such incident coming when the queen overheard Cassana threatening to execute a servant unless he let her win a game; but king Robert dismissed it as a joke and wouldn't let there be any more talk of the issue.

This led to Cassana being a generally bad person, becoming arrogant, vain and prejudiced. As she grew older she began to develop a certain low cunning and managed to manipulate her way onto the small council even though she was extremely young, having obtained the position of master of laws though it is an unpopular decision.

When Eddard passed Cassana took the news extremely hard and fled the capital in grief (or so she says), returning on Lyonel's orders. It was generally assumed that Lyonel would be crowned king Cassana used her superior intellect and political skills to out-manoeuvre Lyonel (or so she says) and was coronated as Cassana I.

Any additional information: She was supposed to be marrying lord Tyrell but that can be changed.
RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=317485

Name: Corlys Baratheon
House Allegiance, if any: Baratheon
Appearance:
(With black hair though)
A short bio (2-5 well-written paragraphs, please): Corlys Baratheon was born to the youngest child of king Jaime Baratheon, and is the older twin of lady Cassana Baratheon. He therefor had a very similar upbringing, being spoiled and rich; with everything he could ever desire within reach. And like Cassana he has become arrogant and impatient although he is less cruel and manipulative than her, being quite honest most of the time. Corlys has also shown to be decently skilled with a sword and he still has the capacity to improve being so young.

His relationship with Cassana is a very strong and positive one, both being very close to one-another and trusting each other completely. As children Corlys was always extremely protective of her which almost made him like a bodyguard to her.

When he reached the age of 15 Corlys was sent to squire for the lord paramount of the Riverlands and has remained there for the past 3 years, being knighted after the death of king Robert; though many are claiming it to have been too soon.

Upon Eddard's death Corlys travelled back to the capital and re-united with his family despite initially being neutral during Lyonel and Cassana's squabbling he began to firmly support Cassana after he fully realised Lyonel's stubbornness. He proved to be a powerful ally and was named a member of the kingsguard as part of Lyonel and Cassana's agreement although he isn't respected and that decision is generally regarded as a mistake.

Any additional information: Murdered ser Benjen of the kingsguard on Cassana's orders (this is a secret)

Blobovia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blobovia » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:44 am

My old apps, with some new info.

Name: Ser Aedulf Branting
House Allegiance: Lannister
Appearance: Image
A short bio: Aedulf's father, Harold Branting, was born in the slums of Flea Bottom. He later became a sellsword across the Narrow Sea, where he served under several different Lords and Knights in New Valyria and the Free Cities. Harold returned to Westeros with a smaller fortune, along with his new wife, Aedulf's mother. They bought a farm in the Riverlands, some cattle, and employed a few servants. Life was pretty well.

Then one day, a gang of outlaws came to the village. They killed, burned, raped, and stole everything they could get. Harold tried to lead a counterattack, but a small troop of farmers and a former sellsword were no match for the murderous bandits. The aged veteran had his head cut off, and his wife, Aedulf's mother, was raped to death. Aedulf was only nine and a half years when this happened.

Luckily for him, he had been so terrified of the approaching outlaws that he had run awy into the forest before the slaughter even begun. It saved his life. When he returned at nightfall only ashes and corpses remained. Aedulf fell into shock at the sight of his dead parents.

A few days later, a traveling hedge knight found the young boy. As he felt sorry for him, he decided to take him as his squire. A new and different chapter of Aedulf's life began. He followed Ser Beorn Grant, as the hedge knight was called, on various adventures and learned what it meant to be a knight. Eventually he also learned to cope with the death of his parents.

As Aedulf turned 27, Ser Beorn granted him knighthood, as knights can appoint other knights. They made their living as equals and friends for some time after that, until Beorn died from an arrow in the throat. Aedulf had to find a new road in his life again. He continued to serve smaller lords around the seven kingdoms, but was never patient enough to settle down, and he always eventually returned to the road. He went to King's Landing to find new employement, and found it as the personal bodyguard for Lady Lara Lannister, who later also took him as her lover and made him captain over her personal guard.
Any additional information: Aedulf's mother was of the Dothraki people, and Aedulf is thanks to her fluent in the Dothraki language just as well as the Common tongue. He may or may not have powerful relatives among the khalasars on the Dothraki Sea, which he yet is unaware of.

Aedulf Branting's shield: Image

Name: Lara "the Lioness" Lannister
House Allegiance: Lannister
Appearance: Image
A short bio: Lara was raised from childhood to become a Lady, and while she had nothing against it per se, she dreamed of being like the lionesses in the wild, who hunted, fought, and protected their families. As she became older, she realized that many of the Lannister men were like the wild male lions, lazy, horny, and only interested in personal gain. That made her more determined.

She often hang out with the young squires, and now she also began to nag her father to let her learn the ways of combat and war. At first he said no, but eventually he gave in, just to have her shut up. But to his surprise, he reluctantly had to admit that she was quite a skilled fighter, better than many men even.

Lara is now practically a knight in all but name. After all, it's not very fitting for a Lady Lannister.
Any additional information: As her mother Lyanna due to disease was unable to attend when the Counsil assemble, Lara temporary filled her place as advisor. She was then appointed Mistress of Coins, a demanding seat she used to bury her sorrows with after her mother died. Lyannas death took Lara's father, lord Steffon Lannister, very hard and she and her brother Tybolt had to take over many of his duties and responsibilities as warden of the West and lord of Casterly Rock.

Even though Steffon never really became herself again, he is no longer a complete wreck and is the real head of house Lannister once more. Lara and Tybolt both still wield more power now, though.

It is also an open secret in court that she has taken Ser Aedulf Branting as her lover and promoted him to captain over her bodyguard, as a reward for his great loyalty.

Her sword is called Lion's Claw.
RP Example: Burial in the Snow: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=308149
To Hell and Back: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=309793
The Legendary War: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=316980
Last edited by Blobovia on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:53 pm

Name: Sebasion Iranassar
House Allegiance, if any: None
Appearance: He stands at 1.85 metres and weighs around 75 kilograms. He is handsome and has blue eyes, blond hair and fairly pale skin like most Lysene people.
A short bio (2-5 well-written paragraphs, please): Sebasion Iranassar was born in Lys to a long dynasty of wealthy traders. Historically, the Iranassar clan has specialised in voyages to-and-from the quasi-mythical Jade Sea but now they've focused on the slave trade (especially the trade of bed-slaves from the city's notable pleasure houses) and the 'production' of the finest prostitutes and courtesans. Nevertheless, all members of the clan are meant to go on at least one voyage to the Jade Sea; it is an unavoidable rite of passage for a family-members. Furthermore, his mother's clan, the Hartaar family, have been involved for many years in the secretive trade of Tears of Lys. For this reason, the members of the Hartaar clan are notable for their intellect and knowledge of chemistry and linguistics (they are chemists but traders nevertheless).

Due to his privileged status, Sebasion spent his early years being tutored in mathematics, theology, history and linguistics instead of being put to work on a rich merchant's ship. His tutors forced him to learn the Common Tongue of the Andals and High Valyrian in addition to the Lysene dialect of Low Valyrian which he did so involuntarily at first but enthusiastically after attaining a certain level of fluency. His mother taught him to craft the best Tears of Lys known to man while his father enlightened him on the persuasive techniques needed to barter and negotiate lower prices (when buying) and higher prices (when selling). In short, he was taught to be a proper Westerosi politician-noble (not that there's much of a difference between them) despite being the heir to a vast trading empire in Lys.

His family intended to make him a trader like them but he had other intentions; he wanted to reach a powerful level in the government of the Seven Kingdoms and for that he would need to be a diplomat not a merchant. For this reason, he only fell to the temptations of the Lysene pleasure houses occasionally and instead focused on building his fortune (a fortune is needed to play the Game of Thrones he wanted to take part in) and furthering his already-vast intellect.

As all Iranassar men not wanting to be disowned he went on a two-year-long voyage to the Jade Sea. On this voyage he undertook the difficulties of travel to such distant regions but was very keen on the prospect of visiting Qarth and maybe even Yi Ti. His desire to visit Yi Ti was to stay with him however; upon his arrival in Qarth he was instructed by the leaders of the journey (older Iranassar men) to simply buy as cheaply as possible and sell all his Lysene goods for this would be the last stop of their journey.

Upon his return to Lys, he found himself to be a respectable member of the family (the clan held him in high regard as he had successfully passed the family rite of passage) and an even richer man. He was now free to embark on whatever life-path he wished for misery wasn't a possibility any longer; he was extraordinarily wealthy and was on-track to inherit his parents' colossal fortune being their only child. At last, he was free to play the elusive Game of Thrones.

In King's Landing he rapidly ascended through the ranks and became the Realm's Master of Whisperers all whilst being embroiled in an affair with Queen Cassana Baratheon. He was also elevated to the Westerosi nobility by being granted the Lordship of Summerhall.

RP Example (1-3 links or paragraphs, links preferred - no RP sample greatly diminishes your chances of being accepted): viewtopic.php?f=31&t=318160&p=22269722&hilit=hispaniolan+republic#p22269722
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=317993&p=22434527&hilit=Banco+Nacional#p22434527
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=317983&p=22280843&hilit=New+Spain#p22280843

Toronina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Toronina » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:22 pm

So what do you guys think of the plot lines so far?

Alotopia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alotopia » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:51 pm

I have a couple of quick questions for my App. What has happened in the East of Westeros? I want to player the character in charge of the Eyrie but it seems that House Arryn has been overtaken by House Royce? What is the context for that takeover or do i just make it up?

(I'll just reserve Yorwyck for now and edit when i have a bit of background)
Last edited by Alotopia on Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alotopia is a Space Empire. So I will role play as such. The Empire of Alotopia contains 114 planets. Lord Avos Jarquen is the World Assembly observer, as he cannot vote on legislation. We are not a member of the WA.
Role-Play: I love Star Wars & Game of Thrones! So if you got a RP with those going on, hit me up. Also, winter has come and its gonna be a long one.
Pantorrum wrote:I truly do think you a great RPer and hope we RP together again sometime.

Pro: Ronald Reagan, Israel, Conservatism, Religious Freedom, States Rights, Small Government, Military, Donald Trump
Against: Abortion, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton Big Government, No taxes on Churchs, Universal Healthcare, Partisanship, Congress

Romus Maximus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Romus Maximus » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:42 pm

Name: Darion Crex
House Allegiance, if any: Targaryen/ Ward
Appearance:

A short bio (2-5 well-written paragraphs, please): Darion grew up in his family manor in what is New Valyria, but around his fourth birthday his family was struck with a disease. His parents and siblings perished and he was left alone, but was adopted by his father's friends, the ancient House Targaryen. On his fifteenth birthday he was given a dragon egg, which hatched soon after, and was named Chrysophylax, and the small creature is his constant companion. He currently lives in a manor of the Targaryens and is a humble boy who enjoys the company of others.

Over the last year he has spent his time looking after his dragon and training his weapon skills. The only remnant of his family is the sword that he was supposed to be given on his twelfth birthday, which he named Dragon's Ward in honour of his adoptees. He wishes to join the Kingsguard and protect the king of either of the two realms, and when old enough ride his dragon into battle as did those whom had dragons before him.
Any additional information: He has a recently hatched dragon that is nearly pure white, named Chrysophylax and a Valyrian Steel sword named Dragon's Ward

Update: Darion has spent his time managing the Gold Cloaks well and Chrysophylax has grown to the size of a horse, barely small enough to patrol with Darion. Darion has also honed his blade skills to a 'Jaime Lannister' standard (Both Hands Though) and taken to wearing his Valyrian Kingsguard Uniform again.
Last edited by Romus Maximus on Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:59 pm

Alotopia wrote:I have a couple of quick questions for my App. What has happened in the East of Westeros? I want to player the character in charge of the Eyrie but it seems that House Arryn has been overtaken by House Royce? What is the context for that takeover or do i just make it up?

(I'll just reserve Yorwyck for now and edit when i have a bit of background)
Name: Yorwyck Royce
House Allegiance, if any: Arryn?
Appearance:

From what I understand, House Arryn died out. House Royce, the next most powerful Vale House, took over as Lords Paramount. If you want to play as an Arryn, I'm sure there are still Arryns of Gulltown that are looking to regain what their family lost generations ago.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Alotopia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Alotopia » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:12 pm

Ok cool. I wasn't sure if the House Royce forcibly took power or they just were elevated to that position. I guess i will play as the Royce House because i love the Castle Eyrie and how it is nearly impossible to capture.
Alotopia is a Space Empire. So I will role play as such. The Empire of Alotopia contains 114 planets. Lord Avos Jarquen is the World Assembly observer, as he cannot vote on legislation. We are not a member of the WA.
Role-Play: I love Star Wars & Game of Thrones! So if you got a RP with those going on, hit me up. Also, winter has come and its gonna be a long one.
Pantorrum wrote:I truly do think you a great RPer and hope we RP together again sometime.

Pro: Ronald Reagan, Israel, Conservatism, Religious Freedom, States Rights, Small Government, Military, Donald Trump
Against: Abortion, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton Big Government, No taxes on Churchs, Universal Healthcare, Partisanship, Congress

Alotopia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Alotopia » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:49 pm

Name: Yorwyck Royce
House Allegiance, if any: House Royce
Appearance: Lord Royce clad in armor with Knights of the Vale
Lord Royce without armor
A brown haired, brown eyed man of moderate age, Yorwyck Royce is Lord of the Eyrie and Warden of the East.

Yorwyck Royce was born into House Royce one hundred years after the last heir of House Arryn passed away and left no heir to the Eyrie. House Royce, being the most powerful Vale House, was promoted to Lords Paramount of the East and was given Lordship over the Eyrie. While House Royce was the most powerful and influential house, there were many grumblings by several of the Lessers Houses and they came very close to open rebellion. However, when Lord Robbert Royce threatened to call his banners and utterly destroy their Houses, they bent the knee and supported House Royce...

When Yorwyck was about seven years of age, he began squiring for his father Lord Jon Royce. Lord Royce was a kind man who was well liked by his people, but he was also a very ruff and tumble type of man. He did not make his son's squiring an easy job at all. You could say it was worse than slavery, but Yorwyck learned many lessons from his father. How to take care of armor, how to be a noble, how to act in the King's court, how to command troops, and most importantly, how to treat women... These lessons were and still are invaluable to Yorwyck's Lordship.

While it was a difficult time in Yorwyck's life, Jon spared no expense in training his son in sword fighting and archery. From the time he was seven until he was given Lordship of the Eyrie, he practiced sword fighting everyday for several hours. He is undoubtedly the best swordsmen in the Eyrie, but he is quick to deny it. "Always be humble in your achievements and be gracious in your victories" his father always say, and he lives by that saying.

While he is an excellent swordsman, he is very socially awkward; prefering to spend his time with his House Knights and friends. He is often very quiet during the Lord's meetings at King's Landing, and often refusing to talk in general. However, if he is angry or passionate about a topic, you can ne'er tell he is awkward.

While Yorwyck is smart, cunning, and a Military genius, he most definitely does not want to see his subjects brutalized by war. He would rather bend the knee, and live to fight another day, than die for a lost cause. However, he will not bend until you break through the bloody gate... And that in itself, is impossible...

Yorwyck very rarely leaves the Vale. And often, the only reason he does is to travel North to Winterfell to hunt with his friends (If Toronina agrees to have Brandon Stark having heirs Yorwyck's age) and to visit King's Landing when called upon. He doesn't particularly enjoy King's Landing and thinks anyone who pursues Iron Throne has a death wish.

Yorwyck is very familiar with the history of the Westeros, and is fascinated by Robert's Rebellion and the War of the Five Kings. He often thinks that if not careful, the realm will return to those times of strife and violence... So he is most content in holding Lordship over the Vale. He is very much like the Lannister House during Robert's Rebellion. He doesn't want to involve the Vale until a victor is clear. But, he hasn't had to show this quality during his eight year reign.

At the meeting of Lord's, he voted for Lyonel over Cassana. But, mostly he is keeping the Vale neutral, choosing rather to train the Knights of the Vale and fortify his own position within the Lords and the Hand's Court.

Any additional information: Lord Royce is not currently married or in a courtship with another Lady, but he is currently looking for a Lady. Yorwick wields the Valyrian steel sword Lady Forlorn, House Royce having taken it from House Corbray after their last heir died over 50 years earlier.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=331807 - This one is the newest
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=293416
Last edited by Alotopia on Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

Alotopia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Alotopia » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:00 pm

Any ideas on how to make my character/app better?

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:19 pm

Alotopia wrote:Any ideas on how to make my character/app better?

Brandon Stark is an old man

Alotopia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Alotopia » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:22 pm

Woodstovia wrote:
Alotopia wrote:Any ideas on how to make my character/app better?

Brandon Stark is an old man

Ok thanks, I wasn't sure...

Toronina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Toronina » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:16 pm

Alotopia wrote:
Woodstovia wrote:Brandon Stark is an old man

Ok thanks, I wasn't sure...

That's okay.

Next

Advertisement