NATION

PASSWORD

ATLoY: Book 1 Rebirth 新生

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

ATLoY: Book 1 Rebirth 新生

Postby Tarnen » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:33 pm

Yan walked into the living of the apartment that he and Evalin had shared for the last several months they had been in Republic City. It was a nice change of pace instead of moving around every month or so to a new town or village, he was surprised that Evalin put up with everything, she was suppose to protect the Avatar after all. The apartment itself was not high end but it was a room with everything in it. It was a decent apartment for two people, plus Yan had been working at Lo Feng's Construction, so the money was good enough to keep them well within their means. He grabbed his keys as he walked out of the apartment, taking the stairs down and out of the building.

It was a nice day out and the streets were busy but Yan loved to get lost so to speak in the crowds. Plus it helped him get away from Evalin, she was nice and well meaning plus his protector but every once and awhile he would like to be alone. Although sometimes she had a way of watching from a distance whereever he went, its was almost like trying to lose your shadow.

Either way he continued to walk only stopping to see whatever caught his interest.
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Cuprum
Senator

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:03 pm

Keima's flat - Kingdom of Omashu

Kei wandered through the familiar black surroundings, nothing was seen but the blackness for a time. He looked about and an image phased into existence, it was Fen, playing Pai Sho with himself. The clacking of the pieces resonated throughout the area like thunder from afar. One more image phased into existence alongside Fen, Hana, she had her usual childish smile, ecstatic, as if she had received a new toy. A bloody hand print was printed on her innocent face, and she was wielding a bloody knife. She was sitting, facing a body on the floor, the unseen floor of the blackness. The body was that of a man, Kei could not make out his features, for his face had been cut off, revealing the inner workings. His eyes still seemed to have life in them as the protruding masses moved once, starring into Kei's own eyes, before the iris turned grey. The man's torso has multiple stab wounds in it, most likely from Hana, who then proceeded to continual plunge the knife into the lifeless corpse, laughing in the most innocent way imaginable. Kei wanted to look away from the scene, but his body was unable to move, his eyes stayed fixated on the corpse.

Out of the floor, an arrow of white light pierced Hana's chest, right into her heart, killing her most likely. Sakura appeared behind Kei and kissed him passionately on the mouth, then they began to remove each other's clothing...

Kei awoke before the dream ended, luckily, a dream that haunted him every night for the past two seasons. He woke up to the familiar surroundings, he enjoyed familiarity, stable surroundings and such. He hadn't opened his eyes yet, for he knew exactly what they would find. He felt two smooth legs intertwining with his own, luscious, soft, hair against his right arm, and a silk-like abdomen against his left. He felt and warmth of another body against his torso and smiled.

"How are you able to get me into this position when I am asleep?" Kei inquired.

He heard Sakura's trademark giggle, followed up by her angelic voice, "A girl has her ways."

"One of these days you are going to have to answer that..."

"Well you ask every morning, and I have yet to give you an answer, so I think you prefer the mystery and the repetition," Sakura giggled once more before rolling around in Kei's arms and facing him with her bright blue eyes.

"An answer would be better than keeping the mundane peace..."

Sakura smirked devilishly and pushed Kei on his back before moving on top of him and straddling her hips against his waist, "Well if you dislike the mundane, why don't we find you a girl then? You seem ready to go right now."

"Shut up..."

"Are you two quite finished?" Fen's booming, grandiloquent voice echoed through to them.
Last edited by Cuprum on Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Masimino
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Masimino » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:05 am

Ding Ikem, on the road, Fire Nation

Ding Ikem was walking in the road, after doing a variety of jobs for different people, from being a messenger to a cook, he did anything for money. After a few days of working, he decided to go back to his nomadic lifestyle, moving across the Fire Nation while practicing and honing his firebending skills. He was only 15 when he committed his first act of murder, and his first try of firebending. From the day his mother died, his father slashed his face, finding another village to rest and getting the mask from the friendly blacksmith, who taught him everything he knew about being a blacksmith, and practicing to control his anger and power. He was a new man, the mask will cover his face, not to hide scars, but for him to remember how he first used his skill. It was like the old ways, where Zuko, Ozai, and the rest of the firebenders used anger, passion, aggressive emotions, to utilize their skills, and to great effect. Ding would use those emotions to empower himself, to the point of being so angry, so aggressive, he becomes the very thing he knows what fire is, an uncontrollable, chaotic force that will take a large amount of time before he tires himself. He knows this, but he doesn't want to, even when he's angry, he won't do this.

Eventually he stopped on the road, and moved his way to the open field in the side of the road, where he'll practice his firebending skills and think on where to go next.

Unimutani
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Unimutani » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:15 am

Chin Village, Southern Earth Kingdom

It had been almost a year since Uni left the Southern Air Temple. He had roamed the Southern Earth Kingdom for months, training in solitude, meditating, and visiting spiritual shrines. He had made it a mission to travel to each of the places Avatar Aang had visited in the Southern Kingdom, and that voyage had brought him to Chin. He'd arrived in town, incidentally, during the annual Avatar Day Festival. He had initially considered keeping a low key, but the festival was to much of an opportunity to pass up.

Perhaps, it is time I return, he thought as he bit into a chunk of Aang shaped unfried dough and immediately regretted the decision. This, is terrible.

He paid the street vendor and walked away, moving towards the town square. Giant effigies of Avatar Aang, Avatar Kora, and Avatar Yan towered above the villagers.

He missed the community and friendship of the southern benders. In particular, he missed a few people. But he was torn. He had hoped his journey would give him answers, or a path to follow. Instead it had given him more questions. Rumors of open rebellion in the Southern Water Tribe and of war brewing between the Earth Kingdom states had convinced him that it was more important now then ever that the Air Benders resume their role of mediators and peacemakers. Avatar Yan.

He noticed a crowd gathering around a podium not far from him, and walked over, his sandals barely making a sound on the cobblestone pavement. The mayor soon appeared on the podium. The man, stout but still somehow towering figure, was all smiles. He began by talking about the history of Avatar Day, of the village, and then began to tell the tale of how Avatar Aang had saved the village from a Fire Nation invasion. However, the details of the mayor's story seemed a bit... skewed. It seemed that the Mayor's great grandparents had been involved in the fight for the village, and the Mayor it seemed to imply at points that his grandparents and Avatar Aang had defeated an entire army of warships, fire nation airships, and fire nation tanks.

Uni raised an eyebrow. The mayor's exaggerations were far from what he had learned in the Southern Temple. He looked around.

Fortunately, it seemed that few in the crowd were buying the mayor's stories. From the way most of them cast side glances at the wide array of firework equipment and band stands around the pavilion, it seemed most had come just to party. He smiled. Maybe this would be fun.
The Unimutani Republic
Capital City: Udio City
Government Type: Constitutional Monarchist Parliamentary Republic
National Language: Mutani

Head of State: Negusa Nagast Tenkamenin II
Head of Government: Prime Minister Buko Asidi

Ministry of Defense: Minister Mikia Tein
Ministry of Finance: Minister Alek Qwan
Ministry of Industry & Commerce: Minister James Harbor
Ministry of Internal Affairs: Minister Opal Koboi
Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Minister Tibiki Mensta
Ministry of Transportation: Minister Arac Sijeki
Ministry of Education: Minister Genesis Ieas
Ministry of Health: Minister Genja Hedi
Ministry of Energy: Minister Arnao Recki

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:36 am

Princess Yanhua, Fire Nation Road
Yanhua had been prepping for this mission for weeks, this was of the utmost importance and she had to make sure that it went off without a hitch. Ever since she had found out that there was a new Avatar out there somewhere, she made it her mission to find them. As the daughter of the Fire Lord, she felt that it was her duty to help the world and everyone knew that it was slowly getting out of balance and only the Avatar could fix it, she would work with the Avatar like her family was used to doing

She could still hear her mother's words in her ears as she walked: Most girls worry about who they'll marry one day, the girls of this line worry about saving the world. What has great-grandpa Zuko gotten us into? But you will be Fire Lord one day, may as well act like one. and then Fire Lord Mayu would laugh and shake her head. She was rather reluctant to let her only daughter go on a mission across the world by herself, but when Yanhua pointed out that Aang and Zuko did it, Mayu finally gave in after extracting a promise from Yanhua that she would be careful. Yanhua had other worries, such as why was she born with naturally red hair for example. She asked her mother about that but Mayu insisted it was because she was born in the year of the Fire Horse and she was special. To which Yanhua would always say, "Mom, genetics don't work that way." She would head to the Earth States first, that was probably where the Avatar was, considering he was an earthbender. Or would that be too obvious? Wearing a simple red tunic trimmed with gold and a dark red vest and pants with the hood of her cloak covering her hair, she was studying a map of the Four Nations when she heard footsteps. There was some boy, from what she could see he looked older and he was wearing a mask too. Now what was that for? She decided not to mind it though, she had more important things.

Ushi Tano, Earth States market
Ushi had been travelling for about three days now, just stopping in a random village in the southen Earth States to rest, get more supplies and send a letter back home to her parents. It was the first she had sent, but she would try to send others. Of course her parents weren't thrilled about letting her go, they wanted Ushi to stay with them and help run the family restaurant. Let others find the Avatar, they said. Or maybe the world didn't need the Avatar anymore, maybe that was the reason why they disappeared. But Ushi refused to believe it, there was an Avatar or else why would her parents tell her the stories? The cycle didn't end unless the Avatar was killed in the Avatar State, everybody knew that. She reached up bronze fingers and brushed out the straight bangs on her hime-cut dark hair which was tied into a low ponytail. Her bright green eyes scanned the stalls of food to see what she could by, while she was looking she was asking people about which way she had to go to get to Republic City. All the action happened there, that had to be a start.

Wherever the Avatar was, when Ushi found him she would chide him for disappearing when they had a duty to the world. If she were the Avatar she'd never hide from the people who needed her. But for now, her concern was to find some travelling companions and she paid for some vegetables, fruit, meat and bread to cook tonight, hopefully she'd be able to get some tea next time. On her travels she used her skills working in a restaurant to get some cooking jobs here and there, not really useful when hunting for the world's savior but it kept money in her pocket. The wind blew her green and gold shirt and brown shorts as she walked away, maybe she could practice her metalbending while she was here.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:57 pm

Keima's Flat - Kingdom of Omashu

Kei glanced across the room at Fen, sitting down at the Pai Sho table in the center of the small room. The room was about 20 square meters, he had a stove and a cupboard in one corner, his bed against the one window, with a dresser and a bookshelf taking up the rest of that wall's space, other than that he had the Pai Sho table in the center of the room, and a small table with three chairs against the wall opposite his bed. It was cheap living, and comfortable to him. When Kei's glance returned to Sakura, she had her clothes on once more, she never liked to be naked around his other hallucinations, Kei never really bothered to inquire as to why(as with many things involving her). Kei, however, had no real shame about his body, seeing as the hallucinations have seen him bathe, have sex, even go to the bathroom. Sakura rolled off of Kei and sat at the end of the bed, allowing Kei to get out with ease. He got up and grabbed a pair of pants, brown and cheap-looking, putting it on.

It was mid afternoon, which is when he usually awoke, seeing as he made his money during the night. The sun shone through his window, which was pointed to the west, he got a few hours of direct light before the sun went behind the tall building across his street. He enjoyed it for a time, not the sun itself, but the mundane repetition of his morning. Fen was sitting at the Pai Sho table, which was set up and ready to go.

"Your move," Fen said stretching out one of his legs beside the table.

Kei moved to the table and made his first move before moving to his kitchen area. Sakura was leaning against the wall by the cupboard as Kei grabbed what he needed to make Jook and Ginseng Tea.

"So, any thoughts on a girl?" Sakura said as Kei prepped everything, "That one who always wishes you luck at the arena, the owner's daughter, seems nice, it would be real easy to get into her pants, she isn't even subtle about being turned on by the violence!"

"I just don't-" Kei began.

"-have time to think about a relationship at this juncture," Sakura repeated in an annoying impersonation of Kei, "You say that every single time I bring it up, you need a girl rather than continually having wet dreams every night..."

Kei was surprised at her stating this, he never told her about it, and most of the dream didn't involve sex, it brought up many questions that Kei didn't want to think about, "Look, I am enjoying the peace that I have been getting every day, and I would like to keep it like that..."

"Peace? You beat someone half to death every other night and talk to aberrations of your mind, one of which is a psychotic homicidal bitch! Face it Kei, your life is never going to know peace... this is going to get worse and worse until you start seeing leagues of ever changing people so that you can't trust anyone or-"

She stated Kei's greatest fear, a permanent degeneration of his psyche, leading to complete insanity. Kei quickly glared at Sakura and she stopped speaking, just turned her head and moved back to his bed, lying down and looking out the window. The sudden change in her demeanor signaled the beginning of his terrible day. He moved back to the Pai Sho table, Fen had made his move and Kei followed up, returning to his cooking. He did this in silence until the food was ready, he then took it and a cup of tea to the Pai Sho table and made his next move.

"You should really listen to us Kei," Fen said, making his move, "Your only interactions with people can't be your grocer, a man in an arena, and your mind. You must realize that it isn't healthy for you. We always have your best interests at heart, always."

"And what happens when they catch me talking to myself?" Kei said, forcefully.

"Well you can always not tell them. Its worked before, you know Sakura and I will not bother you when she is around..."

"I know that, it's others that I am worried about..." Kei was of course, referring to Hana, whom was not in the room yet. Sakura was the only one that was around him for most of the day, Fen usually appeared at home, or when he was talking to someone whom Fen deemed untrustworthy, which was everyone. Hana appeared randomly, although never when he first woke up.

"Ah yes, the pestiferous tumor..." Fen said, continuing to play, unvaried, "She has yet to affect you in your second trip to the city, so I would not worry about her, you have the will of a titan, however not the resolve of one... but that is why I am here isn't it?"

"But you did just mention leaving now didn't you?"

"I said leave you alone when you have found a woman to trust, I will still need to be here to provide the voice of reason and integrity..."

"More like the voice of apprehension and paranoia."

"One in the same my boy."

"I thought I told you not to call me boy. You are me remember? Mentally we are on the same level."

"But it's the looks that matter."

Kei shook his head and continued playing the game without speaking. Once he lost, which happened about half the time, he cleaned his dishes and looked at Sakura, still wallowing on the bed. He looked at her for a time before building up the courage to speak with her. He sat down at the end of the bed and placed her feet on his lap.

"I am sorry Sakura, but I just don't feel ready to find a girl yet," Kei said, looking into her eyes, which were still situated out the window.

"You need to find someone you want to spend your life with, you need it to be truly happy. You need the courage to find someone who can accept us, so we don't have to leave you unprotected," She looked genuinely concerned as her eyes returned to Kei's glance. Her eyes brought about a sense of misery within him...

"Okay, I will talk to the arena owner's daughter tonight, I promise."

Sakura's entire demeanor lit up as she propelled her torso up and hugged Kei tightly, "She'll be moist with desire after the fight! Looks like you won't have to have that dream again!"

"Hey, hey, hey! I did not say anything about bringing her home!"

"Oh, kinky, doing it at her place then?" She said, with a devilish grin on her face as she pushed off of Kei's body.

"No! I meant I am not going to mate with her!"

"But she wants it so bad! She loves the violence and all those other guys in the arena are so ugly..."

"I don't care how much she wants it, I am not going to do it... I said I would talk to her, not go down on her!"

"Hey baby, one thing I have learned over many, many years, is that it is better to get the fun in first, rather than finding out she isn't the right one for you..."

"What do you mean learned over many years?"

"I mean in your head..."

"So far your philosophy as brought only trouble to me, so I don't think I am going to listen to you this time..."

"Even I have to admit that the Bei Fong girl was a bad idea. But all those other times? You got sex didn't you? One of them even developed into a meaningful relationship! So what if it turned out that she was a spiteful prejudiced bitch with no imagination or room for understanding in her tiny little stupid bitchy mind? At least you got an experience."

Kei looked away from her vexatious gaze. He didn't like to talk about the one real relationship he had, and Sakura was usually good about not bringing her up. Kei was over the girl of course, but what happened with her branded his mind with unpleasant thoughts, but Sakura was right, he had to move on. He moved her legs off his lap and got up, saying, "Yeah, it's very disheartening knowing that you watched it..."

"Hey, I'm in your head, plus I like seeing my handiwork, never forget who gave you pointers!"

Kei placed his hand over his mouth and sighed, "I doubt I will ever forget you barking what to do right in the middle of things... now can we please change the subject? I need to go to the store and I would prefer not to have to hear you going on about sex every five minutes..."

Sakura giggled a bit before saying, "Fine, fine. I promise to try."

Kei smirked before leaving the bathroom. He glared at Fen for a moment before seeing Hana sitting cross-legged in the corner, he quickly got ready and left his room. He went downstairs and quickly left the Inn. it was still early, but the market was crowded. It was one of the few times that the town looked safe. Kei was wandering through the crowd with Sakura. Being surrounded by people was distressing to Kei, he didn't like it, but he needed to get supplies for the rest of the day.

He looked at Sakura for no more than a second before getting out of line with the people and bumping into a girl.

"I'm sorry," He said quickly. She was wearing a mask and ornate clothes that looked brand new.
Last edited by Cuprum on Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:22 pm

Fire Nation, Yanhua
Yanhua saw that the boy was going into an open field but she didn't have any time to go after him, although she was curious she had to get started on her mission so finally she tore her eyes away from the mysterious boy and started back on the road again. The Avatar wasn't going to wait and neither was the Fire Princess if she could help it at all. At this rate if maybe she could catch a bus and a ferry, she'd make it to the Earth States by the end of the week.

Chin Village, Ushi
In the market, Ushi had stopped for a little bit on her way away from there because she realized that she forgot something. Little did she know a group of children returning from the Avatar Festival were following her, looking to do some festival pranks. They were all dressed up like different Avatars and snickering to themselves behind a dark corner where Ushi was at a vegetable stall. "Hey, check this out." the ringleader whispered to her partners. "On the count of three we toss these coins, kay?" The took out some metal Festival Tokens and started throwing them at Ushi. "Ouch, who's the dead man who did that!?" Furious, she turned around and saw the kids laughing and making faces at her. "You bad little brats, I'll kick your asses!" Ushi fumed. "It was us, what'cha gonna do huh?" a little boy dressed as Aang mocked. "Get out of here you slimy snots!" When the kids threw the coins at Ushi again they were surprised and shocked when the coins suddenly stopped in midair. Ushi waved her hand and they flew back toward the kids, pelting them. Ushi then lifted her hand and the coins on the ground flew up and hit them. "Crap, she can metalbend!" "Run!" the kids screamed and made a break for it. Ushi smirked to herself. "That'll teach the trolls some manners." she said, chewing on some beef jerkey.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Charellia
Minister

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Charellia » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Sentok, Republic City
Sentok sat in the back row of the theater as a dusty old academic from Ba Sing Se droned on about the glories of past Avatars, somehow managing to speak in a monotone in spite of practically having to shout to be heard over the angry voices of the audience, buzzing like flies and rising in intensity with every syllable he spoke. Sentok had been invited to enough of these conferences to not be surprised by such things. A title such as "Do We Need the Avatar?" did tend to draw some contentious individuals. Sentok had stirred up his share of controversy speaking at such events during his time in Republic City. Perhaps not as much as some, but enough to draw the ire of his Water Tribe superiors. Thus he no longer spoke at such conferences, although still frequently attended and was happy to engage in vigorous debate with the speakers in private.

This speaker, however, had nothing to offer the conversation that Sentok hadn't heard a hundred times before, so he quietly extricated himself from the hall and stepped out into the sprawling metropolis of Republic City. The embassy had provided him with a vehicle when he first arrived but Sentok rarely drove it, preferring to walk or take a train through the crowded city. He drew a few glances as he walked through the streets because of his distinctive Water Tribe garb, not often worn in this part of the world anymore, but he ignored them. He was quite used to it by now.

Masimino
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Masimino » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:02 pm

Ding Ikem, Fire Nation, In an open field
While busy preparing for training, he noticed a girl, and knew it was the princess. He didn't know her name, but he did know what she looked like, and the clothes she was wearing was obvious, too obvious. At first, he thought of ignoring her, but then some feelings came to him. It wasn't love, he was too serious, it was a sense of nationalism in him. He really wanted to train, but the princess of the fire nation? Alone?

He made up his mind, he would go to the princess, but how? He wouldn't go up there and say "I'm going with you", he would rather ask "Where are you going?". He didn't have time to think because each second passing, is 2 steps farther away from the princess. He carefully made his way to the princess, walking behind her, and put a hand in her shoulder. He didn't say anything, but he tried to give the impression he didn't mean harm.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:10 pm

Yanhua was nearly halfway down the road when she felt a random hand on her shoulder. She turned around quickly in response. "Who in the fuck are you!?" she questioned and then realized it was the same boy in the mask that she saw earlier. Why was he here, was he stalking her or something? She was glad she had her bag slung across her, her cell phone and other things were inside, including a blade she carried in case of solar eclipses. "Well, so you're the guy in the mask." "Who are you and what do you want?" Yanhua questioned, stepping away warily.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Masimino
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Masimino » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:16 pm

Nuridia wrote:Yanhua was nearly halfway down the road when she felt a random hand on her shoulder. She turned around quickly in response. "Who in the fuck are you!?" she questioned and then realized it was the same boy in the mask that she saw earlier. Why was he here, was he stalking her or something? She was glad she had her bag slung across her, her cell phone and other things were inside, including a blade she carried in case of solar eclipses. "Well, so you're the guy in the mask." "Who are you and what do you want?" Yanhua questioned, stepping away warily.

He raised his hand, trying to say he didn't mean to hurt her, but seeing as he needed to talk to the princess, he spoke, in a deep, serious voice "Princess, I'm Ding Ikem, and I want to join you". He wanted to go with the princess, he might have been a nomad, but putting his hand on her shoulder was (Obviously) weird. "Sorry princess, I didn't mean to scare you" He said in a humble manner

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:25 pm

In the Earth States, Ushi decided to just set out. She couldn't waste time just hanging around spoiled brats and let the Avatar slip away from her. She was leaving, she grabbed her bag and started to head away from the market. In the Fire Nation, Yanhua was having a sense of weirdness. "Wait a minute, how do you know who I am?" Yanhua questioned. She had worn simpler clothing and wore a hood, but apparently the shades of red she chose were only worn by Fire Nation royals. "God damn it!" she swore under her breath and then looked up at Ding Ikem. "Well Ding, my name is Yanhua." she said. He knew who she was already so there was no point hiding it now. She lifted her hood and her long fiery hair spilled down her back. "You want to join me? I guess I wouldn't mind having a travelling companion but you have no idea where I'm going." she said, raising an eyebrow.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Masimino
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Masimino » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:32 pm

Nuridia wrote:In the Earth States, Ushi decided to just set out. She couldn't waste time just hanging around spoiled brats and let the Avatar slip away from her. She was leaving, she grabbed her bag and started to head away from the market. In the Fire Nation, Yanhua was having a sense of weirdness. "Wait a minute, how do you know who I am?" Yanhua questioned. She had worn simpler clothing and wore a hood, but apparently the shades of red she chose were only worn by Fire Nation royals. "God damn it!" she swore under her breath and then looked up at Ding Ikem. "Well Ding, my name is Yanhua." she said. He knew who she was already so there was no point hiding it now. She lifted her hood and her long fiery hair spilled down her back. "You want to join me? I guess I wouldn't mind having a travelling companion but you have no idea where I'm going." she said, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm a nomad, princess, even I don't know where I'm going" He said in a respectful manner. "Thank you princess, please, let's go, I don't want to postpone the trip any longer" He said, breathing smoke from his mask. He usually did that to release some heat from his body
Last edited by Masimino on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:30 pm

Tenro's Flat, Republic City
Tenro squinted as the sunlight shown a little too brightly in his eyes, he rose from his bed, he judged it was mid-morning and got from his bed, rubbing his eyes in the process as he made his way to his bathroom, His flat was a quaint single bedroom-bathroom in a high up area of town, a set of couches surrounded a small table on a lower level, from the large window Future Industries Factory, the Avatar Aang Memorial Statue the Pro-Bending Arena and Air Temple Island could all be seen. On the upper level were the doors to the bedroom and bathroom as well as a well made kitchen area and table set. Pro Bending Posters and Images from Zaofu could be seen on the walls.

Tenro reached the bathroom and stared into the mirror, scanning over his well-built chiseled body, not in narcissism but to observe the blue and black bruises on his forearms, chest and legs. His Pro-Bending Practice from the night before had been ruthless as the countdown to Pro-Bending Season came closer and closer to beginning and his struggle would approach more and more, working a well to do job in Future Industries and then Fighting in the Arenas or Practicing at night, he pleasured the weekends like today... But he still wanted more. Learning and mastering Earthbending, Discovering all the Sub-Skills. It was all too much, Not to mention the Avatar Hate going around Republic City. Being born in Zaofu, they praised the Avatar and had little despise of him, and so, Tenro felt the same. But as tensions grew higher he was uncertain how much the nations could take before it sparked.

But Tenro returned focus on the more important matter at hand, getting the newest version of the Future Industries Commercial Air-Plane blueprints finished and ensuring his Pro-Bending gear was in order.

With that he left his flat to get to his car, he needed to be somewhere for lunch.
Last edited by Kuhlfros on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:02 pm

King Bumi's Art Museum

If Keima weren't deeply afraid of being beaten to death he would put a cigarette out in the eye of the next person who said ''It just looks like they dripped paint onto the canvas''. There was also the iron clad rule stated by the No Smoking sign and as far as he was concerned art museums had the only rules worth following-art museums and clubs.
He had to settle for those people not being able to fully appreciate the artist's work which he supposed was a far worse fate than losing an eye.

After a day of repairing street damage caused by reckless earth benders Kei decided that an evening of art contemplation and music was needed. With his hastily tied back brown hair and black suit missing a tie Kei for once felt a little embarrassed about not putting more effort into his appearance. To him, thr Art Museum was more a temple than all of the so-called holy sites in Republic City. It seemed like the least he could do was drag a comb through his hair.

It took three aborted attempts to ask strange women for a comb or a brush before frustration set in. He could have asked for one without an ounce of self-consciousness if he hadn't overheard some self-proclaimed pick-up artist claim that he could bed a woman by asking for a small thing like a comb. There didn't seem to be anything that a random jerk couldn't ruin. He could anticipate the disgusted and inconvenienced looks of women he asked for simple piece of grooming equipment.

He hadn't even begun to ask before Yutaka began holding his forehead in frustration and sighing, making sure to avoid any eye contact with the woman he spoke to. "I swear this isn't a line, I just want to look nice for the paintings." After a moment he realized he had forgotten to ask his question and let out another sigh while rolling his eyes at what an idiot he could be. "A comb. Do you have a comb? Or a brush? Whatever."

''You look like an idiot''

''Shut up and help me to get a comb''

''A Comb, Fen will hit in the face after this play you are making''

''You are only a voice that comes from my head''

''Bingo... So?''

"Here you go, sir...?"

Keima paused for a moment to let out a disgusted grunt. "Please don't call me 'sir'. It's..." He raised his clenched fists and closed his eyes and let out a sound like someone trying to suppress a scream. "It's...it just bugs me."

He began combing back his hair into something a little less reminiscent of a bird's nest and handed the comb back to Airi before tying it back with a narrow strip of brown leather. He felt a little more composed. "I hate to be called 'sir'. It makes me sound like I think I'm better than other people...well, I AM better than some people but not everyone."
The pang at being referred to as 'sir' had pushed his ramble button which embarrassed him greatly.

Keima blushed and groaned again while hanging his head. From that position he reached out his hand to the woman across from him in the red dress. "Keima." For fear of looking like a fool for reaching out his hand too long Keima withdrew it which upon a second of thought seemed rather rude. The perfect distraction from his hand-shaking debacle was on the wall right in front of him. He gestured to the drip painting he was contemplating earlier.
"What do you think of this one?" He could silently hold his opinion for nearly two and a half seconds.

"If you think about it, it's really quite brilliant. I mean, if someone is skilled enough they can recreate any piece of art...this though...it can't be duplicated. Paint will never drip the same way twice. Oh sure, they can make something look like this but this is just a random occurrence that can't happen again. These random paint drips are like the random bits of a person that makes them unique. It's like that old saying that you never step in the same river twice." He was halfway through his take on the painting before he discovered himself going on like a fool but it was too late to stop.

"Ooookay... I will stop bothering you now. Thank you for the comb."

''No problem... Sir''

''Sure... MADAFAKA!''

''Take it easy boy, she's just a girl. Now, let's get out of here before the guards kick your ass''

''It's not my fault. it's that girl fault''

''Shut up and run''
Last edited by Cuprum on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:21 pm

Vizu Tahnnakai
Yu Dao, United Republic of Nations

Yu Dao had become part of Republic city after the clash with the Earth Empire. With Downtown destroyed and the President not rebuilding it, Republic city spread outward fast. Now, much of the United Republic coastline was a part of Republic City. Arriving at one of the many port facilities, Vizu quickly departed from the boat, she may have learned waterbender techniques, but she still hated travelling across the water. She passed several cultural landmarks eventually she came to the great sandstone wall that marked the boundaries of old Yu Dao. It was enormous and was impressive even today. She passed under it as a train rocketed across the top of wall. She heard the sounds of rock smashing, fire roaring and water cracking. Only one thing made that sound, Pro-bending she thought. It was likely a minor league team, but still.

She paid the entry fee and watched the match. It was different than regular. There were four teams facing off. It was dirty and brutal. Rock, fire, and water spewed everywhere. Vizu was in heaven. The combat was fast and quick. When volunteers were called for an amateur round, she quickly volunteered. Grabbing a green belt and helmet she hurried into one of the squares. There were no zones, just four squares. The announcer spoke up, "Alright, you saw the best, now lets see the rest. These lucky fans will get to have a go at one another for the amusement of all. If a team wins within the 5 minute time limit they will win 1000 Yuans and free tickets to the Republic City Pro-Bending tournament! However, if you fall out of the square and your team wins, you forfeit your share to the teammates who remain! Ready! GOOOOOOOOOOO!"

A flurry of fire and water struck out for her, no earth, the earth benders here seemed focused on defense. Unfortunately, she wasn't. Her teammates quickly took hits and were thrown clear of the square. But in the time she lost her teammates, she knocked out two members of the Air team. She was on the Fire team, because she pushed her way to the front to get it. She dodged two strikes from a fire bender before sending him flying out of his square and into the third air team member before they were knocked out by the earth team. Vizu focused on the earth team's earth bender. She pummeled him twice before she got a hit in on his leg breaking his rooting, only to have him knocked off by the water team's waterbender.

2v2v1 with only a minute remaining. The other teams tried to knock her out so they could focus on each other, unfortunately, this also let the earth bender from the water team attack the earth team. A pair of disks hit the earth team members in the arms causing a break in their attack just long enough for Vizu to root and fire a pair of disks into their guts knocking them from the square. She was hit by water, but managed to keep her footing and twisted her foot into the soft sand that was beneath her from the shattered rock.

With 10 seconds left she sent a flurry of low shots and two mid-height disks at the water team. The low disks tripped them up and knocked them into one another. The last two disks sent them flying from the ring. The buzzer sounded half a second after they hit the water below. The announcer came back "WOAH! Look at that girlie go. She lost her teammates in the opening seconds and then won it in the closing seconds. She is truly a sight to behold! She is also our winner tonight! Three thousand Yuans and three tickets for her and her friends to see THE Pro-Bending Tournament in the Heart of Republic City. Tell us little lady, where do you come from?"

Instead of talking she lifted an earth disk into the air. Cheering started, but quickly started hushing. The disk melted. Soon it twisted and broke, but the disk was fully molten now. And it resembled something from the city's past. A molten emblem of the fire nation floated above her upheld hand. "I am Vizu Tahnnakai, my mother was born in the United Earth States, my father born in Fire Nation Nobility. My heritage is of both lands and I have come to learn the other half of my heritage." she paused for a moment. "Oh, and I've come to be the best at Pro-bending like I should have been if it weren't for a group of incompetent referees and fearful peasants."

The announcer looked around, "WOOW, this girl is something else! Give her a round of applause for the great performance she displayed here today!" The arena erupts with noise. Later she received the prizes and one extra thing, a one way ticked deeper into Republic city. They didn't want her scaring the people of Yu Dao again. She would have to find a place to stay until the tournament started. She sat on a park bench thinking about how best to go about finding a place to sleep. She did have the three thousand Yuans with her plus the couple hundred her father sent her with. Nothing much, but maybe enough for a good hotel. Maybe she could request the city pay for her lodging, she was a visiting Fire nation noble after all. She started towards the Downtown area, the new one not the spirit portal one, where she hoped to find what she needed.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:24 pm

Tenro
Republic City New Downtown, United Republic of Nations

Tenro parked his trademarked Satomobile in a parking area for vehicles, and took a stroll downtown, admiring the construction of the buildings and their origin of the different cultures all merged together under this one city and nation. As he walked along the sidewalks, some faces could be seen pressing against the windows or looks of awe as they passed Tenro by on the sidewalk, He was after all one of the members of the semi-popular Mo Ce Mongoose Lizard Pro-Bending Team, He had gained a semi-celebrity status last year, his rookie year, when he along with his team took the Mongoose Lizards to the Semi-Finals, to be beaten by the Tigerdillos for the championship.

Tenro did his best to ignore before he get's caught for an autograph by one of the Mongoose Lizard fans, he just wanted to eat after-all but still is was hard to get through downtown during lunch-hour, he looked up to one of the sky-scapers having a banner on it for everyone to see, featuring the emblems of the 16 Pro-Bending teams in the league that went to the Pro-Bending Tournament, with the champion team on top with a crown in its emblems, the other 15 below, including his team. Finally, he spotted a low-key fire-nation cultured tea-shop, offering meals as well of course.

He went in and took a seat at one of the corner booths, taking a menu from the table in front of him, respectfully colored in a dark red and reddish-white with a golden flaming lion turtle above it. Reading through it before he was interrupted, a young, maybe sixteen year old, boy with spiked up black hair in an apron greeted him and said lazily, "Welcome to the Red Lion Turtle Tea-Shop, what can I get for you today and may I interest you in the Special Soup of the Day? It is Pig-Chicken Dumpling Soup."

Tenro grinned as he moved his menu down to the table, watching closely to the reaction of the boys eyes, seeing little reaction, He said "Sure, could I get some of your Special Soup and a cup of water? , that'll be all for now thanks..."

In his head he thought, "Damn, what is taking them so long, and I thought I was late...They are probably outside in their car with their windows rolled up. Heh, those two can hardly separate from each other now a days.

He was of course, talking about his team-mates, Mala and Harzi, a water bender and fire-bender respectfully, who have been annoyingly inseparable for the past several months, going on dates daily and never leaving sight of eachother, all the while teasing Tenro to see if he was been seeing anyone in particular. Knowing well that he has been quite casual on relationships since in Republic City.
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:49 pm

Vizu Tahnnakai
Republic City, United Republic of Nations

Vizu was finally in downtown. It was crowded, similar to the commoner part of Capital City. She entered a small tea shop, it seemed homey enough. She looked around for a free seat and found one along a table meant to serve individuals rather than groups. It was a long thin table with bar stools running down the center of the shop. The waitor walked up, his black hair seemed to be held up with some sort of product, or maybe he had naturally spiked hair. "Welcome to the Red Lion Turtle Tea-Shop. What can I get you? Our soup of the day is Pig-Chicken Dumpling soup." She smiled, "That sounds delicious, do you have White Dragon tea?"

Confused the waiter states, "I am not sure, let me go check on that." He leaves, and comes back a little red in the face with two bowls of Pig-Chicken Dumpling Soup and a water. He puts one down at Tenro's table and gives him his water and then puts down Vizu's soup. "I'm sorry, miss. It seems that tea has been made illegal ever since the last bout of White Jade poisonings" That was a disappointment, White Dragon was her favorite. Her father would brew her a cup every morning after breakfast. "I'll have Ginseng tea then." That was met with a nod and the waiter bringing out her tea. "Thank you" she said, smiling at him causing another bout of red face as he retreated to the kitchen. She noticed that there weren't too many people here at the time. Then again, it wasn't exactly prime business hours for a tea shop.

That was when a rush of people started flowing in, but instead of ordering tea or food, the seven or so girls rushed over towards the young man in the corner booth. "LOOK AT HIM!" a few screeched "I can't wait for your next match TENRO!" another said. WIthin minutes the owner came out from the kitchen to shoo the solicitors away. "Order something or get out. I will not have my customers harassed simply for having a profession." A few puffs of fire from his nostrils and the girls ran quickly back out the door. He took a look at Vizu, and her Fire Nation clothes and smiled. He went back to the kitchen, outside the girls remained with their faces pressed against the glass looking at Tenro.

Vizu looked over to him, "So, you are a Pro-bender? I would be one as well if not for a terrible official and being accused of being the Avatar in the middle of a my last year of junior pro-bending. I had won two championships the two years before that you know."
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:59 am

Masimino wrote:
Nuridia wrote:In the Earth States, Ushi decided to just set out. She couldn't waste time just hanging around spoiled brats and let the Avatar slip away from her. She was leaving, she grabbed her bag and started to head away from the market. In the Fire Nation, Yanhua was having a sense of weirdness. "Wait a minute, how do you know who I am?" Yanhua questioned. She had worn simpler clothing and wore a hood, but apparently the shades of red she chose were only worn by Fire Nation royals. "God damn it!" she swore under her breath and then looked up at Ding Ikem. "Well Ding, my name is Yanhua." she said. He knew who she was already so there was no point hiding it now. She lifted her hood and her long fiery hair spilled down her back. "You want to join me? I guess I wouldn't mind having a travelling companion but you have no idea where I'm going." she said, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm a nomad, princess, even I don't know where I'm going" He said in a respectful manner. "Thank you princess, please, let's go, I don't want to postpone the trip any longer" He said, breathing smoke from his mask. He usually did that to release some heat from his body

"What did I just get myself into?" Yanhua asked herself in her mind as they walked. She was heading to the ferry at the end of this road, hopefully it would take her to Republic City. Her mom had made her promise to call when she got aboard the ship, and since they were in the capital hopefully the walk wouldn't be too far. "Let's go for the faster way to get to the docks, I want to reach Republic City as soon as possible." Yanhua said to Ding, racing toward the direction she was sure that the docks were in. In the Earth States, Ushi was heading to Republic City herself, apparently there was no more business for her here. She needed to get there as quickly as possible, and since Republic City was in the Earth States she didn't have to take a boat. All that was left to do was to follow this map and at this rate she may make it there in two days' time.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Masimino
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Masimino » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:06 am

Nuridia wrote:
Masimino wrote:

"What did I just get myself into?" Yanhua asked herself in her mind as they walked. She was heading to the ferry at the end of this road, hopefully it would take her to Republic City. Her mom had made her promise to call when she got aboard the ship, and since they were in the capital hopefully the walk wouldn't be too far. "Let's go for the faster way to get to the docks, I want to reach Republic City as soon as possible." Yanhua said to Ding, racing toward the direction she was sure that the docks were in. In the Earth States, Ushi was heading to Republic City herself, apparently there was no more business for her here. She needed to get there as quickly as possible, and since Republic City was in the Earth States she didn't have to take a boat. All that was left to do was to follow this map and at this rate she may make it there in two days' time.

"You must be meeting someone, it must be important, but I won't ask" Ding said in a polite manner, he was curious to what the princess is doing, but didn't ask because to him, it's not his right to what the royalties do. While walking with Yanhua, he felt the urge to ask some questions, but decided against it, instead, he started playing with fire, literally. He moved the tip of his fingers to create a spark, then slowly raised his hand to form a fireball, which he played with since he was bored. He juggled with it, and formed 2 more, then started juggling all 3 together. He stopped, letting the balls fall to his hand, and with one swift move, he cut the balls in half sideways, and molded them in the shape of a whip.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:07 am

After a few miles of walking Yan walked into the Red Lion Turtle Tea-Shop. Taking a seat at nearby table on of the waiters walked over and greeted him. "Woo, welcome back, getting the usual?" "Yeah Ling the usual." He said nonchalantly as he watched the television play repeats of pro-bending matches. Ling the waiter soon return with his Jasmine tea as it was set down in front of him. He took a drink before absentmindedly staring out the window his finger circling the rim of the cup as the tea inside began to move insych with his finger motion.
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:22 am

Tenro
Red Lion Turtle Tea-Shop, Republic City

Tenro did his best to fend off from fans or band-wagoners, both the same in Tenro's book, they thought him a celebrity, paying little attention to the rest of the building, it wasn't his business afterall. But when pretty fire nation miss asked him a question after the owner thankfully sent the fans away he dropped his spoon back in his soup and greeted her with a kind smile and said,

"Yes I am a Pro-Bender I suppose, I know terrible officials all too well, but, if you don't mind me asking, what made you get accused being the avatar?" He scoffed and turned himself directly to her, "Forgive me if I am wrong but should the Avatar be an earth-bender, and you seem to be a Fire Nation miss.."

Tenro stood up and walked over to her, offering his hand to shake and said, "If you could not guess already from them," Gesturing to the fan-girls outside, "The name is Tenro, Earthbender for the Mo Ce Mongoose Lizards," and then mumbled "And Senior Project Officer at Future Industries but that gets overlooked..." He then shook his head and took a seat next to the girl, and said

"Enough about me, I want to know about you, the pretty miss from the Fire-nation aspiring to be a pro-bender who got accused of being the Avatar...That is a story to tell." He glanced over at the newcomer, who sat absentmindedly stirring his tea with his finger. "Waterbender in a Earth-bender like get up...odd"
Last edited by Kuhlfros on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:27 am

Tano Taono
Tano Taono was driving towards a small United Earth States village with his brother Ralo. They were both on motorcycles that they had bought for their journey. They has been traveling around together for over two months now, seeing as much of the world as they could. Tano was the one really driven to explore, Ralo just liked spending time with his brother. They were having fun together for the most part, they both enjoyed having freedom and not being told what to do all the time. Tano and his brother parked their bikes toward the edge of the town and decided to look around to see what they could find.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:47 am

Fire Nation Ship, en route to Republic City
Good thing that they were able to book one of the faster ships, maybe in a few hours they'd make it. Yanhua wanted to get there as quickly as possible and if she could swim there she would. On the way, Ding was doing all sorts of firebending tricks but Yanhua was too focused on her goal to say anything. Standing on the deck of the ship she was looking out with her binoculars, and after a long bit of time she finally spotted what looked like some land but that was only the ride of the Fire Nation shores as they disappeared. By waterway, Republic City should be close, but not close enough in her opinion. The redhead sighed when she heard her cell phone ring in her purse and pulled it out. "Hey Mom. Yeah I'm on the ship, I should be in Republic City by nightfall, or early in the morning. I got a new travelling buddy, apparently my disguise isn't that effective. Love you too, call you when I get there." Yanhua said before hanging up.

Earth States, Road to Republic City
Ushi was actually getting tired of travelling alone. It was actually getting kind of sad, but she wasn't lonely or anything. Republic City at least had some action, that she was glad about. Adjusting the green ribbon that held her hair back she looked up at the sky. It was at least late morning by the looks of it, maybe by the early evening she would be there. God if only she could catch a taxi or something. Well she could, she had enough money but she liked to save it for important things like food. She probably should get her driver's licence sometime this year, that would make everything easier as she could just drive everywhere. On her way out of the village she was passing through she heard the roar of two motorcycles move past her and turned around. There was a boy who evidently worked out, he appeared to be about her age. The other one looked a bit younger, and they kind of stood out but not much. The Earth States had a vast range of looks, Ushi with her dark skin and hair and green eyes seemed to be one of the more common looks, the paler skin of the boys was a bit rarer.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Unimutani
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Unimutani » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:12 pm

Chin Village, Southern Earth Kingdom

Uni's stomach rumbled a song of hunger. The Festival food was largely of no help to a vegetarian. He looked around for a market where he could purchase something leafy.

He walked over to a grocer, taking different cabbages and lettuces into his hand and inspecting them. Nearby, a girl was on her way past when all of a sudden three children jumped out from behind the stall and began pelting her with coins. Uni looked to his left, watching the commotion with a bemused expression. Who knew earth kingdom children could be so unruly?

He was about to intervene when the girl suddenly waved her arms. He recognized the motions, they were earth bending techniques. Something was different about them however, this girl was no ordinary earth bender. Instead of rocks, he made note of the fact that she had metalbended the coins as they flew back at the children.

Curious.

Still, the matter did not concern him.

The Next Day,
Skies Above The Southern Earth Kingdom

Nearly fifty years after the return of airbenders, the Air Acolytes decided it was time the Air Temples embrace more modern technology. There had been some initial resistance, but there simply weren't enough air bison for everyone anymore, and more and more airbenders found themselves called to regions of the globe when it simply wasn't safe to bring bison.

And so after large portions of the airbending monks relented, the Air Nation developed its first ever Air Fleet. None of the airships were ever armed, as the air benders aboard them could defend themselves if needed and they were not to be warships, but in Uni's opinion, it was a really fantastic decision. No bison had been available when he ascended to the rank of Master, and so Uni had inherited an older Appa Type airship.

He sat in the inner berths of it now, meditating as a soft breeze whispered through the cabin. He had decided to go and see Republic City. He hoped that if he met with the monks at Air Temple Island, they might be able to give him some further guidance. At his current speed and course, he would arrive within the day.

As he meditated he listened to the air and world around him, guiding the ship with gentle handle gestures from time to time. He estimated that he wasn't that high, possibly six thousand or so feet off the ground. He would be well within sight of anyone on the ground, although the various Air Nation flags and paintings across the craft would quickly identify him as a peaceful vessel.

He frowned. As high as he was, he could still feel that the land below, the very earth it seemed, was not calm at all. The Spirits were anxious. Uni had a bad feeling about this. The Avatar had been missing for six years, and year the world seemed to slip further and further into decay. The Air Benders did everything they could to keep the peace, but without the Avatar's guidance, his people were losing faith. They had largely abandoned their duty to the Southern Water Tribe, and now the United Earth States had become so militant that even the very spirits that lived in the Earth States seemed unsettled these days.

The distant sputter of a motorcycle engine reached the airship.

I must be passing by a road., he realized.
Last edited by Unimutani on Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Unimutani Republic
Capital City: Udio City
Government Type: Constitutional Monarchist Parliamentary Republic
National Language: Mutani

Head of State: Negusa Nagast Tenkamenin II
Head of Government: Prime Minister Buko Asidi

Ministry of Defense: Minister Mikia Tein
Ministry of Finance: Minister Alek Qwan
Ministry of Industry & Commerce: Minister James Harbor
Ministry of Internal Affairs: Minister Opal Koboi
Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Minister Tibiki Mensta
Ministry of Transportation: Minister Arac Sijeki