NATION

PASSWORD

Children Of Infinity (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:39 am

Sil Arion wrote:-snip-

Ellyn looked back at Aris assessing the distance between them, and his stance. And his eyes, burning with a longing and excitement that she was almost frightened by, but instead comforted, knowing that her eyes were the same. She raised an eyebrow when he did a walking backflip, showing her that he was just as acrobatic as she was. She analyzed why he hadn't summoned any of his weapons. Was he planning to use hand combat skills? As the countdown began, she got into her own stance, one foot forward, the other back, with her spear pointed at him, and the sword pointing slightly down.

As the countdown continued she looked at Aris, and how he suddenly blazed with a holy, wondrous fire, his hair seemingly ablaze and those eyes, the color of gold. She didn't know his capabilities, but it was obvious that he had infused himself with a magical energy, that would make him stronger, or perhaps faster? There were too many questions, but it was time to fight.

And then, he disappeared. Ellyn sighed, a bit disappointed. But this meant that he did not want to face her directly, meaning that there was some weakness to exploit. She closed her eyes, giving herself three seconds to detect him with her ears, but she heard nothing. He had obviously done this before. At the end of three seconds, she opened her eyes again. There was no telltale sign of him, no shimmer in the air or a buzz like sound.

She hated to reveal her hand so early, but he would be able to sneak up upon her, tackle her or even disarm her. She had no choice. Chanting quietly, not wanting to give any of her spells to the spectators, but knowing that she only had seconds, she focused onto her mind's energy, channeled it into her spear and slammed it down on the ground, sending a strong telekinetic blast through the ground, which would hopefully blast Aris off his feet and disrupt his magic. As she listened intently as her blast spread through the ground, she backed up toward a wall, ensuring that she could not be attacked from behind. Now, she focused her ears, listening for a sound. If her telekinetic blast didn't work, she would have to come up with something else, a shield forged by her mind's will perhaps.

But if Aris wanted to play Hide and Seek, she would oblige him, she thought, starting to smile.

Let the Silver Games begin.
Last edited by The Starlight on Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:00 am

Escalan Corps-Star Island wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:
Getting to his feet at the call, Eamonn dragged his blade like a lumbering giant into the arena, the black blade matching his armour and appearance. It did not appear like a conventional energy sword, with a reinforced steel alloy blade made for cutting. But as he summoned his energy, a bright red glow overcame the edge. Even then, there was doubt whether the energy-imbued edge was any proof that it was a true energy sword.

A quick glance at the peculiar shape of Kiri's blade, Eamonn's eyes could not help but narrow. He was sure he had seen it somewhere, but he could not identify the make of it off the bat. Glaring up at the cheery girl, Eamonn felt genuinely put off by her jovial smile. Nonetheless, he managed to muster at least some measure of manner, forcing his head down in what looked more than a nod than an actual bow.

"'Bhrón'," he uttered in a monotone, his sword slightly raised to the ground as he stood at the ready, "that is my sword's name. Rather ridiculous for a sword named 'sorrow' to be clashing with one called 'joy'. Did you come up with it?"

Something seemed to be up with him, as if he seemed to know more than he let on. Then again, Kiri's family were not strangers, and it would not be too hard to learn of them from any history tome. But for him to identify her sword seemed way too deep. It made him look unwittingly like a stalker. Had he looked more masculine, he might have easily came across as one.

Facing her across the floor of the arena, Eamonn remained almost emotionless, and the way he dragged his sword made him conspicuous already. As he brought it around to the fore, she could see the edge, but decided in one look she'd be better off if it didn't touch her. As he bowed stiffly and awkwardly, she couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for how stilted this must feel for him. As he spoke, she noted how flat his voice was as well, something she expected to hear but remained uncomfortable.

"Did I come up with it myself? No," Kiri laughed in response, spinning the hilt between her fingers. "If you can understand the name, I though perhaps you would recognise where it came from. Given that, it's funny indeed that yours is called "Sorrow"."

She paused for a second, blinking rapidly to clear her eyes. "Did you come up with it?" she asked, tightening her posture and readying her stance even further.

Glaring coldly at the girl, Eamonn responded blandly, "well, it's not like the bards don't sing your family name on a regular basis. If I'm not mistaken, it belonged to a knight-errand from your house. As for my sword, I suppose I did name it myself. It's a reminder for me. I suppose that's enough small talk."

As silence fell over the arena, Eamonn waited as the referee counted down for the signal. Gripping his sword in a fool's guard, he quietly circled his opponent like a wolf, his eyes tracing her own for movement. It was a tense moment, one he waited until the last moment. Finally, as the signal came, he made a couple of quick skips in a zig-zag to confuse her, dashing forth in a burst of speed as he made his first strike, an upward swing right at her torso as he yelled to at the top of his lungs.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Escalan Corps-Star Island
Senator

Founded: May 07, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Escalan Corps-Star Island » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:38 am

Wolfenium wrote:Glaring coldly at the girl, Eamonn responded blandly, "well, it's not like the bards don't sing your family name on a regular basis. If I'm not mistaken, it belonged to a knight-errand from your house. As for my sword, I suppose I did name it myself. It's a reminder for me. I suppose that's enough small talk."

As silence fell over the arena, Eamonn waited as the referee counted down for the signal. Gripping his sword in a fool's guard, he quietly circled his opponent like a wolf, his eyes tracing her own for movement. It was a tense moment, one he waited until the last moment. Finally, as the signal came, he made a couple of quick skips in a zig-zag to confuse her, dashing forth in a burst of speed as he made his first strike, an upward swing right at her torso as he yelled to at the top of his lungs.

"Ha!" Kiri exclaimed at his assertion. "If they sing it, it's just as likely to be a curse as a praise." She shifted her weight between feet, holding her left arm back behind her a bit and placing her right in what appeared to be a blocking position, which was of course odd since she didn't have any sort of shield or buckler.

7. Kiri forced herself to stay calm as Eamonn began to circle her. Standing fixed, resisting the urge to turn her head and follow his movement, she could feel him moving behind her.

6. I've never fought a duel before. What am I thinking? How in Aradain's name do I expect to stand a chance?

5. No. I can't doubt myself, not now. I've come this far, and I'm fast enough to do this.

4. Eamonn had circled back around to the front now, and she stood tracking his gaze with her own. His eyes flickered a few times, hinting at his actions.

3. He'll be moving fast, probably erratically. I can't dodge to either side effectively. She tensed her left wrist, preparing to block his first stroke.

2. Kiri set her feet. Watching Eamonn more closely, she noticed he favoured his sword-hand side on movement. Got ya!

1. "En garde!" she called out.

He dashed forwards veritably screaming, feet kicking off of the arena surface to deliver a powerful upward stroke. She saw it coming and dropped backwards, rolling to the side to avoid the downswing that followed. She could hear the hum of the blade as it passed her head. Rolling to her feet as he spun around, she engaged the blade on Ilýcralad and delivered a blow to his left thigh. But the range was off, and though it connected, the blade skittered off the energy fields at an odd angle. She barely managed to pull the sword back in time to counter his next attack.

This won't be pretty at all, she realised. Delivering three rapid overhands to his left side, she gained a little ground as the blades crackled together. She disengaged for a moment and looked at him, hoping to see how he fared.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:49 am

Escalan Corps-Star Island wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:Glaring coldly at the girl, Eamonn responded blandly, "well, it's not like the bards don't sing your family name on a regular basis. If I'm not mistaken, it belonged to a knight-errand from your house. As for my sword, I suppose I did name it myself. It's a reminder for me. I suppose that's enough small talk."

"Ha!" Kiri exclaimed at his assertion. "If they sing it, it's just as likely to be a curse as a praise." She shifted her weight between feet, holding her left arm back behind her a bit and placing her right in what appeared to be a blocking position, which was of course odd since she didn't have any sort of shield or buckler.

7. Kiri forced herself to stay calm as Eamonn began to circle her. Standing fixed, resisting the urge to turn her head and follow his movement, she could feel him moving behind her.

6. I've never fought a duel before. What am I thinking? How in Aradain's name do I expect to stand a chance?

5. No. I can't doubt myself, not now. I've come this far, and I'm fast enough to do this.

4. Eamonn had circled back around to the front now, and she stood tracking his gaze with her own. His eyes flickered a few times, hinting at his actions.

3. He'll be moving fast, probably erratically. I can't dodge to either side effectively. She tensed her left wrist, preparing to block his first stroke.

2. Kiri set her feet. Watching Eamonn more closely, she noticed he favoured his sword-hand side on movement. Got ya!

1. "En garde!" she called out.

He dashed forwards veritably screaming, feet kicking off of the arena surface to deliver a powerful upward stroke. She saw it coming and dropped backwards, rolling to the side to avoid the downswing that followed. She could hear the hum of the blade as it passed her head. Rolling to her feet as he spun around, she engaged the blade on Ilýcralad and delivered a blow to his left thigh. But the range was off, and though it connected, the blade skittered off the energy fields at an odd angle. She barely managed to pull the sword back in time to counter his next attack.

This won't be pretty at all, she realised. Delivering three rapid overhands to his left side, she gained a little ground as the blades crackled together. She disengaged for a moment and looked at him, hoping to see how he fared.

Staggering back from the blows, Eamonn was visibly pissed at the blows, though hardly enough to take him down at all. Gripping his sword one handed, he appeared to be at a significant disadvantage on the onset. Still, he appeared to be biting the pain like a brute, a somewhat remarkable feat considering his outwardly feeble appearance. Charging again, he appeared to be more on his guard. Swapping his blade to his other hand at the last moment, he again tried to confuse her with side-stepping, though that covered little for his apparent shortcoming.

But one matter that was readily apparent was that he was holding back. He had yet to use his magic at all, and coupled with his weak spot, made him quite a weak fighter. Question was, why? Was he looking down on her, or was his saving his magic for another trick. Something was noticeable, however. His free hand involuntarily clutching as if he was holding an invisible second blade, he was not used to fighting with just one sword.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:45 pm

The Starlight wrote:-snip-

Very well then. His ploy had worked, as he could see from where he hung in midair. By her tense posture, eyes closed and attentive ears, she thought he had turned invisible or something similar and expected a sneak attack. She was certainly clever, and had a good mind for tactics. But not quite enough. Though, he was out of sight, so to say. And certainly not on the ground where. He grinned. Hopefully she’s not disappointed.

Then he passed through the peak of his arc high above her and began falling back to the circle, watching her. The trajectory he took in his jump accounted for eight seconds in the air, enough time to cause his opponent misgivings; all warfare was based on deception, of course. Indeed, his ploy had worked very well, forcing her to reveal her magic as she backed directly away from her starting position, taking the shortest path, her back to the wall of the arena. Telekinesis. Just as he predicted. Though she likely had other tricks up her sleeve besides a single magic. Like he did. But now.

She was right where he wanted her.

A twist of limbs and his body began to twist in free fall, flipping and spinning himself on two axes to build up momentum. And force to strike. He was just above her, leg extending in a heavy dropkick. She looked up and caught his gaze and the telling smile on his face as he saw the look of realization on her face. Hello, Ellyn. She raised her sword and spear in a cross-block, and visibly braced herself in that bare fraction of second she had.

Energy Burst: Double Expel. A flash of white-gold light and heat and sound as his leg impacted her as his kick increased instantaneously in force by an incredible amount as he expelled the gathered energy. A crack as the stone beneath her cratered and a small cloud of dust and chipped rock flew up. But she did not break; something resisted his blow. His eyes narrowed as he saw the air shimmering like haze beneath his kick; unstoppable force meeting an immovable object.

A telekinetic shield. Clever.

He danced away and circled around as the dust swirled. She looked a little strained, and wary, but she was quickly recovering. As I thought then. That first testing blow had confirmed it; she had far superior endurance and energy compared to him if that blow caused only a bit of difficulty. Or at least that’s how it appeared to be. Regardless.

He couldn’t let up then. Not one breath.

He dove in to her left, slipping beneath the thrust of her spear as she spun to engage him, her sword sweeping from the right in an upcurving arc. But he was moving at double his own speed. At his base, he was already faster than most anyone his level, in sheer speed, agility and in reacting. He turned inside the thrust, and twisted as he bent under her slashing sword in that split second. Pursuing as she skipped backward, he spun inside a series of eight consecutive strikes, his hands and forearms, shins and feet directing aside the four he saw he needed to deflect. To slip inside her guard.

Then he was in her face, a hands breadth away, sticky hands flowing over her limbs as he opened up her defenses, pushing her weapons aside. She twisted away and kicked out herself to gain room, strong and powerful as she simultaneously spun counterclockwise to bring her sword around in sweeping overhand blow, spear coming in from below. A skillful move. But also the move he wanted her to make. Always be steps ahead. His eyes twinkled as he caught the kick under his arm and he lifted, throwing her hard over his shoulder towards the unforgiving stone as he swept out her other leg and threw himself sideways in an aerial backflip to land near atop she would strike.

Oho. He watched, fascinated as he flipped in midair, craning his neck as she turned herself to plant her spear vertically into the floor just before striking it and swung around it like a pole and swung her sword up to meet him.

A lovely recovery, and a welcome surprise. She was a wonderful warrior.

His left hand brushed aside the sword as he dove headfirst into her, right hand reaching out to grasp her shoulder just as she planted her feet on solid ground. And then he grasped her shoulder, spun into a handstand, resisting the instinct to snap her neck, and dropped behind her just as she plunged the spear between his legs. A little too close for comfort. He adjusted his tactics. He bent over backward and cartwheeled to his right as his feet clamped onto her spear like pincers, trying to disarm her. She was good, following the pull and slashing down at his legs as he rolled under the blow and somersaulted forward as he jumped up. But now inside her guard.

Energy Burst: Double Expel.A double overhand blow to her helmed head, heavy, disorienting, making her bend with the blow of explosive force as a light flashed and thunder sounded, the air heated. Again. A chain of twelve straight and snaking punches, chops, and kicks to her eyes and ears, throat and neck, gut and groin that looked like a series of stormy bursts as more light flashed as he executed them swiftly in two seconds, staying close. And finished with roundhouse kick as he spun beside. Sorry. And connected in another fiery blast of power straight to her neck.

Unbalanced as he had made her, she managed to turn her fall into a triple backflip, bleeding off the energy from his kick, executed with such grace he could scarcely believe it even as she shoved him back with a telekinetic push. Ellyn. You’re so beautiful. And she was tough too, like tempered steel, but looked a little tired at least. And disoriented. He twirled away from the push and skidded to a stop. He would respond in kind. For her. Energy Burst: Double Expel. And pushed off.

A blast of light and sound and heat. A blur.

Then he was in front of her again. She reacted swiftly, swinging her spear and sword together in a way anyone would have to take at least one hit, or back off avoid damage. So skillful.. With her strength, a hit would hurt him dearly. But he couldn’t back off. Not now.

A challenge at last.

He spun on his feet and pushed off as he twisted his body as he threw himself into the air in a nigh impossible sideways spin. Right between her two weapons. The world seemed to slow. His eyes followed as her sword wept just above his face, and he felt her spear just below his neck. Very close. And a near perfect move. His telltale smile grew a little.

Time to finish it.

Spreading his arms as he rolled in midair, he stabbed outwards with his hands, instinctual bursts of energy into each of her extended wrists. Disarming her. And so opened the path to promised victory.

An underhanded punch to her gut, lifting her up. Chop to the throat, knocking her head back. Open palms to the ears to disorient as she tried to recover her stance. Knuckles to the forehead to concuss. Snaking kick to the inner knee, breaking balance. Sweeping kick to the legs, uprighting her posture. And a dozen more. Casting each time his magic as a furious, fiery storm of blows erupted from his feet and fists.

Another double overhand falling on her head, guiding her face straight into his rising knee. Knocking her down on, flat on her back. He leapt then, straight up, pushing off the ground next to her prone form. As he fell, he cast another magic. Energy Alter: Level Three. He twisted his body again, imparting momentum as he spun now along all three axes of his body. Leg extended.

A finishing blow. Energy Burst: Triple Expel.

A flash of light and heat like a solar flare and thunder cracked as he channeled everything he had into one last strike, his voice sounding out in a fierce battle-cry. His foot impacted her solar plexus, driving into her, the ground cratering beneath as a shockwave spread from the strike and another cloud of dust and chipped stone flew out. He rolled away from the crater and hovering cloud, recovering his balance as he stepped out and stood there, reveling in the feeling, the exhilaration, the burning fire of his blood as it ran through his body, the straining tension in his muscles and heavy beat of his heart, its tempo slowing as he released his magic.

He felt tired, but in a good way. Fulfilled. And thankfully, I don’t feel all that faint. A bead of sweat ran down his brow. Well, not yet anyways. A full meal would be very welcome. He needed to recover the energy he expended, though that would likely take some time.

A full three minutes had passed since the duel began. One of the longer ones he’d had against a single opponent in an arena. And despite all the disadvantages. It had been a good one. Perhaps even his favorite so far. He gazed towards the crater, and bit his lip with worry. Internal bleeding and broken bones were often left in his wake at Delphi. By Aradain, I hope she’s alright. But.

Something felt… off.

He looked around, noting how the blindfolded master remained silent. What is – Then his instincts screamed at him to move. He listened. Twisting aside as a spear flew just past the faceplate of his helm.

Her spear.

His spin brought him around, and he looked into the settling cloud of dust. And there she stood. Resolute, sword in hand, perfectly poised to attack with an expression on her face that excited him terribly as he met her gaze, her spear returning to her as whispers from her lips reached his ears.

A mouthed word of his own and two swords appeared in his hands, ones longer, one shorter, ancient blades of white metal with a slight curve and small crossguard shaped like an opened blossom, all inlaid with gold designs like twisting vines, leaves and flowers. And two names. Solaris. Stella. Sibling swords. Slender, elegant. Beautiful to behold. Then they came to life, white-gold light flashing as they activated.

He smiled. Again.
Aiya! Elen síla lúmenn omentielvo! Call me Sil!

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:49 pm

Sil Arion wrote:-epic snip-

The telekinetic shield had worked thankfully. She was amazed at Aris' skills as he was constantly on the attack dodging every trick she tried. He truly was skilled. She continued to chant a healing spell in her mind as she fought, but her energy was draining.

As he disarmed her, Ellyn intensified her chanting, continuing to try and withdraw but simply being outmatched in hand to hand combat. This was going to hurt.

Her vision and ears rang as he punched her in the forehead. Shaking her head, she only saw dozens of mirages, all of Aris. And then, the mirages stepped forward and the onslaught continued anew. A chop to the throat, cutting off shortly her air supply. Her face planted into his knee, disorienting her even more. I'm going to kill him if my nose is broken.

Countless other punches and kicks that she had no defense against, left helpless. In her few tournaments, she had never faced someone as deadly and alluring as Aris. And then, the finishing blow, his foot planted, stomped into her stomach and then smashed onto the ground. She heard two cracks as she groaned in pain. She wondered about the condition of her armor, how much it and her could take. She used her strongest spell and then somehow stood, calling Silverthorn her sword which lay by her. She looked back, and saw small flecks of her blood. Her healing magic was utterly spent, which meant lots of bruises after the duel was done. She would have to end this quickly.

She twisted her hand as Dawnbreaker came to her hand, flying closely past Aris' head, its speed clearing the rest of the dust, revealing her. She stood in her stance once more, her golden eyes burning, blazing like the glorious sun. To the side of her she telekinetically guided a small globule of blood out of the small mouthpiece from her own mouth.

To begin her counterattack, she ran at Aris, leaping into the air after a few feet, and thrust forth her spear and then her sword in a quick double attack. He blocked with his twin, beautiful swords and counterattacked with a slash, which she pushed aside with her spear and then a thrust, parried by her own sword.

She relentlessly attacked him from every side, probing, seeking for an opening. The two duelers' weapons clashed and sparked as they met quicker and quicker. Ellyn went into a twirl, spinning with her two weapons, smashing them against his twin swords and then leaned down and sprung off her spear, launching her strongly in the air and as gravity called to her she slammed, or perhaps smashed her sword at him in a ferocious overhand blow. Blocked by his twin swords. She was tiring, and her magic was almost spent.

With her spear she swung low, trying to sweep him off his feet, but he agilely jumped and dropped his twin swords, successfully kicking her in the chest and then her face, but Ellyn again managed to turn that into a double backflip, landing on her feet and grabbing her sword which lay near her. As Aris went to reclaim his swords, Ellyn did the same, telekinetically summoning her spear. Aris once again charged at her, his face sweaty but his eyes still enthralled and excited. With all her strength, Ellyn launched her spear at him in a mighty throw, but Aris, blocked it with his twin swords and continued his run, coming closer and closer. She raised Silverthorn quite exhausted but determined, stubbornly deciding to fight for every blow, thrust and step.

Now Aris was back on the attack, launching himself at her. With only one sword against his two, despite how good she was at the sword, she was at an disadvantage. With no magic left, she desperately parried his blows, focusing all of her concentration into it. But sooner or later, one of his blows would connect, whether it be with a thrust, stab, or slash, and she had no power left to cast another healing spell. But Ellyn, her eyes continuing to blaze fiercely, continued her desperate defense, determined to make Aris to work for his victory. And perhaps, she would be able to outlast him, as his sweat too ran down his fair face.
Last edited by The Starlight on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Estva
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estva » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:18 pm

Charmera wrote:Jyn nodded, her smile widening as Koren remembered her. Again, Jynna felt the man seemed quite nice and even charming, though she wasn't quite sure what made her feel that way... "Yup. I'm ready if you are," She replied. She moved onto her own disc, waiting for it to descend. Her armour clanked as she moved, the plates of metal making the girl look even taller.

Koren and Jynna descended into the arena. He ha dwaited for this moment, and his ind was ready for the upcoming struggle.

He exited the disk, as did Jynna, and they headed to their respective starting positions. At this point, Koren began slowly infiltrating Jynna's mind. He began planting the seeds of confusion and sluggishness, although this would take time and he had to survive until her mind was wracked with such thoughts.

Unsheathing his energy sword and turning it on, Koren knew that this weapon was not his forte. He could parry, but he would easily buckle under Jynna's strength. He could block, but Jynna's axe could tear it away. He could only really use it to deflect blows, and launch attacks himself. Nonetheless, it would be used.

Jynna prepared her weapons, and made sure her armor was in order. The battle then, officially begun. To start up the battle, Koren launched a mid-sized kinectic blast across the arena, forcing Jynnato brace herself.
Join the Libdems.

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:32 pm

The Starlight wrote:-snip-

Her counterattack was fierce, powerful. But not enough to force him to break off his own assault. He kept coming. Over and over. Relentless. But she held herself up, engaging in a mobile defense across the arena as he hunted her, using her longer reach to keep any distance she could to retreat and regroup.

She was trying to outlast him. She might even succeed. If not for this.

Energy Alter: Level Four. His current limit in ability. One he could only hold for a bare seconds. But enough to win as he pulled as much energy as he dared from all his gems, pouring it like molten metal into his core, pushing it, condensing it. Forging it in his heart’s fire. Folding it on itself four times. If he could outpace almost anyone in a fight at his base level. Well. Imagine an enemy’s abilities quadrupling; in strength and speed, agility and awareness, blood flow and beat of their heart. Everything. A nigh unstoppable force.

It was supreme magic. His pride and joy. And he’d be surprised if more than a handful of spectators could follow what came next. A slow smile and his eyes blazed as he spoke it aloud.

Energy Burst: Quad Expel. He positively shined. Like a newborn star. Pulsing, like a heartbeat with its power. A furious, fiery sun with a molten core flying across the broken floor, arcs of bright heat lashing out from his body with each swipe of his swords. And a stream of sixteen consecutive strikes in two seconds. His ultimate attack.

But he could already feel the strain in that split second, just casting that spell alone as his body sped up and strengthened even further, his veins standing out as his blood pressure increased, skin reddening, hair whipping wildly about. His bones creaking with each attack. Muscles fraying. Tendons tearing even as his body rushed to heal itself. Regardless. He had to finish it. Now.

He disappeared in flash of light. And reappeared at her side.

A hacking overhand strike with Solaris to break her defense as he spun towards her, spear and sword swept aside. He was moving too fast for her to respond. Sorry. A harsh thrust with Stella to her diaphragm to stun her as the air rushed from her lungs. A stab up into the upper right abdomen with Solaris, beneath the armor, projecting force directly into her liver. Smashing blow with Stella’s hilt to the side of her skull as he twirled around her. The small of her back targeted by Solaris’ hilt in an upward punch. Two slashes aimed at her kidneys, leading into twin backward stabs up into her armpits as he spun and spun, delivering successive strikes to her right and left lungs at the true ribs. He felt something give way. Then a dive down, his right arm extending, and delivered a sweeping blow to her legs with Solaris. She fell, only to meet Stella thrusting up into her throat, her armor’s shields shrieking and sparking more and more. And he didn’t stop. He rounded on her, blow after blow, ending in an arm-over-arm attack that shattered any last vestige of defense as he spun like a turbine, her weapons thrown from her grasp as her muscles spasmed under the unrelenting force of the impacts. Then a paired upward slash with the two blades, sending her flying into the air. A leap. Then he was above her, falling, twisting and turning on three axes again as he built up force and delivered a double blow straight to her solar plexus yet again, slamming her back to earth from where she hung. Into the very same crater, which deepened still with a thunderous crack. My ultimate attack for a reason. Ultimate because it was be his last. For he was exhausted now. Yet.

She was disarmed. Her shields failing. Her armor broken, sparks arcing out from the rent plates, her visor cracked. Sheer kinetic force breaking through with every blow. Yet she did not give up, managing to find her feet again. Defiant. Indeed, her eyes burned brighter still, determined to keep fighting beyond all ends. Enduring. Like steel and fire. Like him. Truly. He would never stop loving her. Because.

Ellyn. You are amazing.

But she still had her magic. As evidenced by his swords being wrenched viciously from his hands and sent flying across the arena to sink up to their hilts in opposite walls. Well done. A desperate last defense.

A strange pulling sensation on his feet. Oh dear. And he slipped backward, just as Ellyn collided with him in a flying tackle. He hit the ground and they were rolling across the stone, a chaotic pile of grasping hands and grappling limbs.

Then they came to a stop. In the middle of the arena. She had him pinned, straddling his hips, her hands placed on either side of his head. Her fist would be in his face in but the blink of an eye if she wished.

“I win,” she spoke, triumphant, a sly smile on her face, glistening with sweat from her exertions as her chest heaved, breath warm and moist on his face, so sweet. Her burning gaze driving down into him. Her long hair falling like a curtain around her, a halo of light about her head, just barely brushing his face, like a sheaf of sunshine and starlight. So beautiful.. But.

His eyes twinkled as he turned his gaze down. A slow smile as her eyes followed. He tapped Stella against the bottom edge of her breastplate. All warfare is rooted in deception. While they were rolling, he had mouthed the words to unsummon Stella to hyperspace storage, then summoned the blade back to his hand just as she pinned him with her superior strength. Never let it be said he was ever out of tricks.

And he could strike more swiftly with his blade there than her with a fist to his face. A technical tie then. But a fitting end.

He smiled at her as their eyes met again, and a fiery warmth shone in his gaze as his blood blazed in his body, urging him on. He would speak it now. The truth that burned so brightly in his heart.

“I love you.” And then he kissed her.

Her eyes widened in surprise as she froze above him. Then her eyes closed, as did his own, and the rest of the world didn’t matter. All he cared about was the feel of her lips, the warmth of her body as his arms encircled her hips, the softness of her hands on his face, the hotness of her breath in his mouth.

A cough in the background. He opened one eye to stare at the offender, but saw it was none other than Arcander, with an amused expression on his face. He coughed again. And then Aris remembered where he was. Oh.

He pulled away, lingering slightly as she opened her eyes to stare at him. Unspoken words seemed to travel through the air between them, heart speaking to heart. He shot his eyes to the right, and she followed again. And evidently realized it too, if the reddening of her cheeks was anything to go by. His too might’ve been a bit red. She jumped up swiftly, but stretched out a hand to help him up, which he gratefully took as they bowed together to the audience. He walked off with her, hand in hand, as wild applause filled the arena. While short, and sweet, but he would cherish that first kiss for all time. As he made his way to the stands, Ellyn beside him, he looked up at the sky through the great glass ceiling. And smiled.

Thank you, Aradain, for this life You gave me.
Aiya! Elen síla lúmenn omentielvo! Call me Sil!

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:00 pm

Wolfenium wrote:
Charmera wrote:She held the blade to his chest still, gritting her teeth. "What do you mean you didn't mean to? You obviously tripped me on purpose so you could have me on top of you! You... You pervert!" She continued ranting indignantly, upset to have been embarrassed publicly. She didn't really believe the things she was saying, she was more trying to save face with some wild story and caught up in her own embarrassment and anger, adrenalin from the duel still coursing through her veins.

Once she realised she was creating a scene, she stopped, then sighed. "Right. Get up." She said. Stepping away from him and giving the other fighter room, her eyes narrowed and her grip tightened. "This is far from over."

"A-Ah. If you insist," blurted the bewildered young man, feeling bit relieved that she still intended to continue. Signalling the referee to retract his words, he stepped back to give Vyna some space as well. He almost went on to ramble in his defence, given how much she just maligned him in her agitation. But on hindsight, this was neither the time nor the place.

Strangely, rather than return to the fray immediately, the boy went back towards the entrance, dusting off his shades on the floor as he quietly put them on. This time, however, he was not wasting his breath with words, drawing his blades as he crossed them before him, his stance ready to take her on.

While he paused, Vyna planned out her next move in detail, as he prepared himself and took his stance, she created three vector plates. Two behind her intended target. Thankfully she had the time to set this up while he was taking his stance. A second later, she activated the first of the vector plates, increasing her speed greatly and sending her speeding past him and to the side so she was now to the left of his rear, to the next plate.

Once she had reached the plate, it launched her to another vector plate to the right of her position. While she moved, she blasted him with a gust of air to put him off balance. Next, she activated the final plate, which sent her hurtling towards her target, blade pointed in a lunging stab.

Estva wrote:
Charmera wrote:Jyn nodded, her smile widening as Koren remembered her. Again, Jynna felt the man seemed quite nice and even charming, though she wasn't quite sure what made her feel that way... "Yup. I'm ready if you are," She replied. She moved onto her own disc, waiting for it to descend. Her armour clanked as she moved, the plates of metal making the girl look even taller.

Koren and Jynna descended into the arena. He ha dwaited for this moment, and his ind was ready for the upcoming struggle.

He exited the disk, as did Jynna, and they headed to their respective starting positions. At this point, Koren began slowly infiltrating Jynna's mind. He began planting the seeds of confusion and sluggishness, although this would take time and he had to survive until her mind was wracked with such thoughts.

Unsheathing his energy sword and turning it on, Koren knew that this weapon was not his forte. He could parry, but he would easily buckle under Jynna's strength. He could block, but Jynna's axe could tear it away. He could only really use it to deflect blows, and launch attacks himself. Nonetheless, it would be used.

Jynna prepared her weapons, and made sure her armor was in order. The battle then, officially begun. To start up the battle, Koren launched a mid-sized kinectic blast across the arena, forcing Jynnato brace herself.

Jynna did more than brace herself. Seeing as she had little choice but to take this blast, she activated some of her magic to absorb part of the energy for later. Otherwise, the blast seemed to do it's job, giving the tall woman pause. She stepped backwards a bit, gritting her teeth at the strike.

Now it was Jyn's turn to attack. She began moving towards Koren, slowly at first, but then she broke into a full charge with the ferocity of an angry bull. The time for friendliness and cheer was over, now was time for seriousness. The axehead of her weapon behind her as she prepared a strike. The blade of her axe was swung with considerable force at Koren's torso in a sideways yet upwards strike, Jyn putting much of her strength behind the strike.
Last edited by Charmera on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:14 pm

Charmera wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:
"A-Ah. If you insist," blurted the bewildered young man, feeling bit relieved that she still intended to continue. Signalling the referee to retract his words, he stepped back to give Vyna some space as well. He almost went on to ramble in his defence, given how much she just maligned him in her agitation. But on hindsight, this was neither the time nor the place.

Strangely, rather than return to the fray immediately, the boy went back towards the entrance, dusting off his shades on the floor as he quietly put them on. This time, however, he was not wasting his breath with words, drawing his blades as he crossed them before him, his stance ready to take her on.

While he paused, Vyna planned out her next move in detail, as he prepared himself and took his stance, she created three vector plates. Two behind her intended target. Thankfully she had the time to set this up while he was taking his stance. A second later, she activated the first of the vector plates, increasing her speed greatly and sending her speeding past him and to the side so she was now to the left of his rear, to the next plate.

Once she had reached the plate, it launched her to another vector plate to the right of her position. While she moved, she blasted him with a gust of air to put him off balance. Next, she activated the final plate, which sent her hurtling towards her target, blade pointed in a lunging stab.

At first, Mehran appeared to have taken the ruse, deflecting the gust off with a swing of his blade as he began to counter. He reacts fast, just not fast enough to track Vyna's movements. However, as she charged forward with a lunge, her arm was suddenly shackled by an invisible force. Leaning his head aside as the blade ran beside him, Mehran wasted no time with a counter, pulling a spin as he struck the pinned girl at point blank range, both his blades making its mark.

"Your directional magic," he stated, his voice noticeably colder and more calculative as the blades ran over her torso, "can it go beyond right angles?"

Holding his hand up, it became apparent what was holding Vyna hostage. Rather than form a barrier to guard him, he formed one over her arm like a giant shackle, a square slab of energy around a person's height as it held her in place. His slashes had no problem phasing through, apparently, though the fact that he controlled the barrier was of any indication that he could. Clenching his hand, the entire slab detonated with pure force. Forcing the girl back, he assessed the damage he inflicted on her.

"Is that all, Ayendor," he questioned. If anything was apparent at this point, was that the shades made him bolder and more exacting, whether just a confidence-booster or something more.

Estva
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Estva » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:15 pm

Charmera wrote:Jynna did more than brace herself. Seeing as she had little choice but to take this blast, she activated some of her magic to absorb part of the energy for later. Otherwise, the blast seemed to do it's job, giving the tall woman pause. She stepped backwards a bit, gritting her teeth at the strike.

Now it was Jyn's turn to attack. She began moving towards Koren, slowly at first, but then she broke into a full charge with the ferocity of an angry bull. The time for friendliness and cheer was over, now was time for seriousness. The axehead of her weapon behind her as she prepared a strike. The blade of her axe was swung with considerable force at Koren's torso in a sideways yet upwards strike, Jyn putting much of her strength behind the strike.

Jynna seemed completely unfazed by the attack, using her own magic to dispel any damage and suffering no ill effect other than a temporary pause. She came barreling down the arena ready to attack, preparing to swing at Koren's frame. Indeed, the attack did come, as Jynna put all her force into a strike aimed at Koren's torso.

Koren ducked just in time and moved to the left, letting the axe barely miss him and pass over his body. He could feel the hot air electrified by the axe, and he began to break into a sweat as even with his meditation the battle was making him a little anxious.

After he had composed himself, which took a moment, he raised his hand towards Jynna and let out another kinetic blast, stronger than the one before as she was closer.
Join the Libdems.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:21 pm

As the female aspirant brushed through the letter, Ritz' attention was focused firmly on the arena. Her eyes trailed the two armor-clad recruits, captivated by their duel. They had her undivided attention. The girl was light on her feet, much like the wind she wielded; in contrast stood the boy, less fast but compensating with sheer intent behind his blows. If it wasn't for her reflexes and some of the boy's slight mistakes the fight would be tipped against the female recruit's favor, and far less exciting to spectate, but before Ritz could truly immerse herself in the experience, her attention was drawn away.

"...Ritz. My name is Aressa Alistar, as you know, and this is Arcander Brightshield."

"We'll be your guides, so stay with us. Since some of our other charges signed up for the Silver Games, we'll stay here until they conclude, so please be patient while we wait."

More confused than surprised, Ritz looked at Aressa and then at Arcander. Longer than would be normal - that is, long enough for the moment to slowly gain a gradient of awkwardness - Ritz stared at Arcander, her mind still recovering from the impromptu call to attention. Oh...right.

Several seconds after both aspirants had greeted her, Ritz' mouth cracked into a smile and she replied with a distant "Hello".

When she looked back at the arena, the fight had taken a sudden turn. In the back of her head she could hear Arcander's voice as he addressed another recruit. Some of the words sprung out and caught her attention. Burning. Nefarious. Conjectures. Duels. It all made little sense to her, so Ritz quickly shout out the rustling all around her and focused on the duel.

Huh? The match had regressed to a bickering. Before facepalming internally and ignoring the rest of the match in favor of appraising the arena's architecture, Ritz saw the girl, red with embarrassment - Or is that rage? It was both - holding her sword against her opponent's armor. Pervert? Briefly her eyes shot back at the two contestants, then back at the architecture. Ritz was bored.

After a moment of patience and internal reflection about the fight she had just seen, Ritz looked down at the arena and saw another pair of recruits that were about to show their skill. Expectations were low after the last fight, but hope lives eternal.

Again a boy facing a girl, but this time it was different. Rather than divide it evenly, Ritz felt her attention draw towards the boy; his posture seemed so tense yet strangely composed, but how he stood while waiting for the sign to commence combat was not what drew her, but rather something she has a particularly keen eye for. There were small pockets of energy embedded in his sword and on his body, slowly feeding their contents into his body. The relatively faint pulse of energy inside him grew with every passing moment as Ritz's focus narrowed closer and closer, hypnotized by the very phenomenon. Others around her nervously waited for the fight to start, but Ritz was already observing something far more interesting, something far more exciting than the clashing of two swords. She could feel the pulsing energy concentrating, twisting and churning as the boy focused its power inward.

The hairs on Ritz' skin rose as the spectacle approached the climax. A sudden surge of power, bursting outwards, rapidly spreading throughout his entire body like water from a rushing river, suddenly freed from any constraints. The rest of the battle seemed so trivial all of a sudden, but Ritz knew it was more important than ever to observe this boy, whomever he was. It was all too much to take in at once, both recruits clashing like lighting, one persevering through sheer skill while the other drew power from a neigh unlimited pool of energy to even the odds.

So much happened during so short a battle, but it didn't leave Ritz disappointed. Amazing. Even after pulling out all the stops he managed to turn the fight in his favor, at the very end. Ritz' mind wandered. He'll have one heck of a hangover...

As both recruits rejoined their peers in the stands, Ritz approached them - Well, Aris in particular.

"I enjoyed the fight..." She said politely, making sure to congratulate the 'official' winner, Ellyn, first before extending her hand to Aris. From this close, she could feel the faint glow of energy radiating from him, barely noticeable alongside all others. It was pitiful compared the magnificence Ritz felt during the match, but it was unmistakably the same. Though briefly they touched for nothing more than a handshake, Ritz needed little more than that to display her own abilities. Though her principal motive was out of concern for the young man, Ritz was also spurred on by a kindling desire to demonstrate her own prowess.

A surge of energy crossed over into Aris. Unlike his gems, this was no thread, but a strong tether that gripped onto the core of his magical energy and - in just an instant - fed a stream of life energy into his body.

"...and I hope you'll have a speedy recovery from such a beating" She added before letting go of Aris' hand. Without letting either of them respond, she stepped away with a mischievous smile and swiftly - but elegantly - navigated the crowds back to her viewing spot.
Last edited by Esternial on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:48 pm

Wolfenium wrote:
Charmera wrote:While he paused, Vyna planned out her next move in detail, as he prepared himself and took his stance, she created three vector plates. Two behind her intended target. Thankfully she had the time to set this up while he was taking his stance. A second later, she activated the first of the vector plates, increasing her speed greatly and sending her speeding past him and to the side so she was now to the left of his rear, to the next plate.

At first, Mehran appeared to have taken the ruse, deflecting the gust off with a swing of his blade as he began to counter. He reacts fast, just not fast enough to track Vyna's movements. However, as she charged forward with a lunge, her arm was suddenly shackled by an invisible force. Leaning his head aside as the blade ran beside him, Mehran wasted no time with a counter, pulling a spin as he struck the pinned girl at point blank range, both his blades making its mark.

"Your directional magic," he stated, his voice noticeably colder and more calculative as the blades ran over her torso, "can it go beyond right angles?"

Holding his hand up, it became apparent what was holding Vyna hostage. Rather than form a barrier to guard him, he formed one over her arm like a giant shackle, a square slab of energy around a person's height as it held her in place. His slashes had no problem phasing through, apparently, though the fact that he controlled the barrier was of any indication that he could. Clenching his hand, the entire slab detonated with pure force. Forcing the girl back, he assessed the damage he inflicted on her.

"Is that all, Ayendor," he questioned. If anything was apparent at this point, was that the shades made him bolder and more exacting, whether just a confidence-booster or something more.

It was not looking great for the Ayendor, after all, she couldn't take as much punishment as her sister and she wasn't sure how much more this armour would take before deactivating like . Which would make the smile on her face all the more confusing, well confusing if one did not see the small arrow she had placed carefully while she was shackled. She stood up to her full height, not answering his question about right angles, not wanting to reveal any more about her powers. "I told you, this is far from over." She replied, snapping her fingers.

The vector plate she had snuck underneath Mehran glowed as it was activated, sending the man towards Vyna. She used her wind magic to increase her own speed as she moved to meet him. This time sending a barrage of attacks to hit him. She hoped he wouldn't be able to recover in time to block, but she couldn't be sure that wouldn't happen. After all, this fight seemed to have so many twists and turns.

Estva wrote:
Charmera wrote:Jynna did more than brace herself. Seeing as she had little choice but to take this blast, she activated some of her magic to absorb part of the energy for later. Otherwise, the blast seemed to do it's job, giving the tall woman pause. She stepped backwards a bit, gritting her teeth at the strike.

Jynna seemed completely unfazed by the attack, using her own magic to dispel any damage and suffering no ill effect other than a temporary pause. She came barreling down the arena ready to attack, preparing to swing at Koren's frame. Indeed, the attack did come, as Jynna put all her force into a strike aimed at Koren's torso.

Koren ducked just in time and moved to the left, letting the axe barely miss him and pass over his body. He could feel the hot air electrified by the axe, and he began to break into a sweat as even with his meditation the battle was making him a little anxious.

After he had composed himself, which took a moment, he raised his hand towards Jynna and let out another kinetic blast, stronger than the one before as she was closer.

This time Jynna didn't want to chance taking this one. Stomping downwards she created a wall of earth from the arena floor. With the earth blocking the kinetic blast and absorbing it for her. She noted to herself not to do that too often, as taking the kinetic blast would give her a little more energy to work with. Though, I don't want to take too much... Gah. Stop overthinking. Fight. She thought to herself, the mental attack begining to get to her. She quickly lowered the earth barrier again, charging her opponent once more. This time however she release the stored kinetic energy in a blast similar to his (Though, a bit weaker seeing as she had absorbed only part of the energy) in an attempt to put him off balance.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Estva
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Estva » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:30 pm

Charmera wrote:This time Jynna didn't want to chance taking this one. Stomping downwards she created a wall of earth from the arena floor. With the earth blocking the kinetic blast and absorbing it for her. She noted to herself not to do that too often, as taking the kinetic blast would give her a little more energy to work with. Though, I don't want to take too much... Gah. Stop overthinking. Fight. She thought to herself, the mental attack begining to get to her. She quickly lowered the earth barrier again, charging her opponent once more. This time however she release the stored kinetic energy in a blast similar to his (Though, a bit weaker seeing as she had absorbed only part of the energy) in an attempt to put him off balance.

The kinetic blast proved to not only be without use, but had actually strengthened Jynna. He had to buy more time, at this rate he might tire himself out before Jynna does, as logic would dictate she had more endurance.

Interrupting Koren's thinking, Jynna launched her own kinetic blast straight at Koren. Such times at this made Koren curse that he didn't spend more time practicing his barriers. Still, he fired another kinetic blast towards Jynna's and raised a kinetic barrier immediately afterwards, and braced for the impending explosion.
Join the Libdems.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:36 pm

Charmera wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:

It was not looking great for the Ayendor, after all, she couldn't take as much punishment as her sister and she wasn't sure how much more this armour would take before deactivating like . Which would make the smile on her face all the more confusing, well confusing if one did not see the small arrow she had placed carefully while she was shackled. She stood up to her full height, not answering his question about right angles, not wanting to reveal any more about her powers. "I told you, this is far from over." She replied, snapping her fingers.

The vector plate she had snuck underneath Mehran glowed as it was activated, sending the man towards Vyna. She used her wind magic to increase her own speed as she moved to meet him. This time sending a barrage of attacks to hit him. She hoped he wouldn't be able to recover in time to block, but she couldn't be sure that wouldn't happen. After all, this fight seemed to have so many twists and turns.

To his surprise, Mehran found himself sucked forward as he tried to get a footing. Forming a haphazard barrier in front of him to slow himself down, he quickly raised his blades as he tried to block her blows. But speed was not his strong point as he felt battered by her blows all over. Thinking quickly, he stabbed his swords on the floor, throwing a kick at her to back her off. Taking advantage of the lull, he leapt back. To be honest, he suffered some pretty hard knocks, but unlike Vyna, he could take the hits far better, true to his nature as a wall of steel.

"Haaaaaa," he yelled, his barrier forming over his body. Dashing forth with his blades, he seemed intent on simply overpowering her, surging forth with a flurry of slashes at her.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:00 pm

Estva wrote:
Charmera wrote:This time Jynna didn't want to chance taking this one. Stomping downwards she created a wall of earth from the arena floor. With the earth blocking the kinetic blast and absorbing it for her. She noted to herself not to do that too often, as taking the kinetic blast would give her a little more energy to work with. Though, I don't want to take too much... Gah. Stop overthinking. Fight. She thought to herself, the mental attack begining to get to her. She quickly lowered the earth barrier again, charging her opponent once more. This time however she release the stored kinetic energy in a blast similar to his (Though, a bit weaker seeing as she had absorbed only part of the energy) in an attempt to put him off balance.

The kinetic blast proved to not only be without use, but had actually strengthened Jynna. He had to buy more time, at this rate he might tire himself out before Jynna does, as logic would dictate she had more endurance.

Interrupting Koren's thinking, Jynna launched her own kinetic blast straight at Koren. Such times at this made Koren curse that he didn't spend more time practicing his barriers. Still, he fired another kinetic blast towards Jynna's and raised a kinetic barrier immediately afterwards, and braced for the impending explosion.

Jyn stopped her charge to brace herself again. Absorbing more energy to be used later. She grunted, slightly irriatated at being constantly pummelled by energy. She stepped back again, a few more steps this time however. After she recovered from the blast, she charged again, putting her axe in the same executioners position. However before she got too close to her opponent, she switched her attack to a punch that seemed to connect with nothing, making an invocation. However while it may have seemed ineffectual, a small ball of earth from the arena wall compacted together and hurtled towards her opponent. Whether he dodged or the attack or not, she made a second incantation which would cause the earth to grab loosely onto his foot, either tripping or holding him.

With her casting done for now, she made her attack. Closing some distance she made another powerful swing with her axe. But this time she aimed at his sword, intending to knock the blade out of his arm or hook onto it with his axe.

Wolfenium wrote:
Charmera wrote:It was not looking great for the Ayendor, after all, she couldn't take as much punishment as her sister and she wasn't sure how much more this armour would take before deactivating like . Which would make the smile on her face all the more confusing, well confusing if one did not see the small arrow she had placed carefully while she was shackled. She stood up to her full height, not answering his question about right angles, not wanting to reveal any more about her powers. "I told you, this is far from over." She replied, snapping her fingers.

To his surprise, Mehran found himself sucked forward as he tried to get a footing. Forming a haphazard barrier in front of him to slow himself down, he quickly raised his blades as he tried to block her blows. But speed was not his strong point as he felt battered by her blows all over. Thinking quickly, he stabbed his swords on the floor, throwing a kick at her to back her off. Taking advantage of the lull, he leapt back. To be honest, he suffered some pretty hard knocks, but unlike Vyna, he could take the hits far better, true to his nature as a wall of steel.

"Haaaaaa," he yelled, his barrier forming over his body. Dashing forth with his blades, he seemed intent on simply overpowering her, surging forth with a flurry of slashes at her.

She managed to block some of the hits with pure speed and her blade, but she knew it was only a mater of time before she was overwhelmed. She quickly chanted, creating a large blast of air between the two of them meant to blast both of them back and give Vyna room to breath. It definitely succeeded in blowing Vyna back, as she took a second to recover, now breathing heavy and sweat covering her forehead. This was beginning to tire her, as she didn't have much endurance for these kinds of things. She gritted her teeth in renewed determination. I need to make some meaningful progress to ending this duel or I might tire before I defeat him.

She launched herself with another vector plate, sending her hurtling towards Mehran. However this time she made an attempt to disarm her opponent, aiming at his hands and attempting to force his blades out of them. She used her air magic to put extra force behind her strikes.

Estva
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Estva » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:37 pm

Charmera wrote:Jyn stopped her charge to brace herself again. Absorbing more energy to be used later. She grunted, slightly irriatated at being constantly pummelled by energy. She stepped back again, a few more steps this time however. After she recovered from the blast, she charged again, putting her axe in the same executioners position. However before she got too close to her opponent, she switched her attack to a punch that seemed to connect with nothing, making an invocation. However while it may have seemed ineffectual, a small ball of earth from the arena wall compacted together and hurtled towards her opponent. Whether he dodged or the attack or not, she made a second incantation which would cause the earth to grab loosely onto his foot, either tripping or holding him.

With her casting done for now, she made her attack. Closing some distance she made another powerful swing with her axe. But this time she aimed at his sword, intending to knock the blade out of his arm or hook onto it with his axe.

The blast did nothing, and Koren now knew he was going to need to try something else. The blasts seemed only to be helping her, and he obviously couldn't rely on it continuing to work.

All of sudden, she stopped and sent an earth ball hurtling towards him. He dodged, but then felt something wrap around his leg, slamming his face into the arena floor. He quickly burst up, but the branch was still tied to his foot, keeping him from moving until something was done about it. All the while, Jynna continued her rapid approach, brandishing her axe.

Knowing he did not have enough time to to fend her off and also take of the root. He grabbed his sword, desperate, and decided to put a massive kinetic force into his arm, an threw it at Jynna with all his might. After he threw it, he blew another kinetic blast to hasten its speed.
Last edited by Estva on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Join the Libdems.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:31 am

Charmera wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:

She managed to block some of the hits with pure speed and her blade, but she knew it was only a mater of time before she was overwhelmed. She quickly chanted, creating a large blast of air between the two of them meant to blast both of them back and give Vyna room to breath. It definitely succeeded in blowing Vyna back, as she took a second to recover, now breathing heavy and sweat covering her forehead. This was beginning to tire her, as she didn't have much endurance for these kinds of things. She gritted her teeth in renewed determination. I need to make some meaningful progress to ending this duel or I might tire before I defeat him.

She launched herself with another vector plate, sending her hurtling towards Mehran. However this time she made an attempt to disarm her opponent, aiming at his hands and attempting to force his blades out of them. She used her air magic to put extra force behind her strikes.

Raising his blades to block her, Mehran again tried to guard himself, wary of another flurry of strikes rocketing his way. However, the blasts from her sword managed to knock his swords off, clattering to the floor away from the lad. But unexpectedly, Vyna's blade seemed to be stuck to his wrist, or rather, the barrier around it, just as her arm was trapped before. This time, he drew his wrist away in a tug, pulling Vyna's sword off as it tugged away from her hand.

"Take this," he screamed, sending a powerful kick right at her abdomen. Reinforced by his barrier magic, it proved a crushing blow to any unfortunate enough to connect with it. Knocking her off to the side, she was sent hurtling towards the wall. This time, he was intent on finishing the job, chasing after her as he sent in a flurry of fists in her direction.
Last edited by Wolfenium on Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:45 am

Wolfenium wrote:
Charmera wrote:She managed to block some of the hits with pure speed and her blade, but she knew it was only a mater of time before she was overwhelmed. She quickly chanted, creating a large blast of air between the two of them meant to blast both of them back and give Vyna room to breath. It definitely succeeded in blowing Vyna back, as she took a second to recover, now breathing heavy and sweat covering her forehead. This was beginning to tire her, as she didn't have much endurance for these kinds of things. She gritted her teeth in renewed determination. I need to make some meaningful progress to ending this duel or I might tire before I defeat him.

Raising his blades to block her, Mehran again tried to guard himself, wary of another flurry of strikes rocketing his way. However, the blasts from her sword managed to knock his swords off, clattering to the floor away from the lad. But unexpectedly, Vyna's blade seemed to be stuck to his wrist, or rather, the barrier around it, just as her arm was trapped before. This time, he drew his wrist away in a tug, pulling Vyna's sword off as it tugged away from her hand.

"Take this," he screamed, sending a powerful kick right at her abdomen. Reinforced by his barrier magic, it proved a crushing blow to any unfortunate enough to connect with it. Knocking her off to the side, she was sent hurtling towards the wall. This time, he was intent on finishing the job, chasing after her as he sent in a flurry of fists in her direction.

She coughed, the pain of the kick and the impact with the wall both considerable. She groaned in pain, glaring at Mehran as he ran at her. She quickly used some of her dwindling magical strength to pull her blade back to her with her wind powers. She quickly rolled to the blade, her pain intensifying as she did so, grabbing it and forcing herself to her feet.

With that, she prepared a vector plate, wind power combo. Pointing the arrow to Mehran and chanting the necessary spells, and allowing bursts of wind to alter her trajectory if needed and increase her speed she hurtled to him with blinding speed, a stab aimed at his lower torso.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:49 am

Estva wrote:
Charmera wrote:Jyn stopped her charge to brace herself again. Absorbing more energy to be used later. She grunted, slightly irriatated at being constantly pummelled by energy. She stepped back again, a few more steps this time however. After she recovered from the blast, she charged again, putting her axe in the same executioners position. However before she got too close to her opponent, she switched her attack to a punch that seemed to connect with nothing, making an invocation. However while it may have seemed ineffectual, a small ball of earth from the arena wall compacted together and hurtled towards her opponent. Whether he dodged or the attack or not, she made a second incantation which would cause the earth to grab loosely onto his foot, either tripping or holding him.

The blast did nothing, and Koren now knew he was going to need to try something else. The blasts seemed only to be helping her, and he obviously couldn't rely on it continuing to work.

All of sudden, she stopped and sent an earth ball hurtling towards him. He dodged, but then felt something wrap around his leg, slamming his face into the arena floor. He quickly burst up, but the branch was still tied to his foot, keeping him from moving until something was done about it. All the while, Jynna continued her rapid approach, brandishing her axe.

Knowing he did not have enough time to to fend her off and also take of the root. He grabbed his sword, desperate, and decided to put a massive kinetic force into his arm, an threw it at Jynna with all his might. After he threw it, he blew another kinetic blast to hasten its speed.

Jynna was knocked off her feet by this one, but she at least had the presence of mind to absorb some of the energy of the attack. She got to her feet again, slightly slower, the last strike having dazed her. However she refocused on Koren and again charged after him. Her footfalls thundering as she moved. Once she had gotten close to her target, she swung downwards with the axe, putting all the stored kinetic energy into a blast that would push outwards after the axe connected with someone or something, whether it be Koren, the ground or his blade.

Estva
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Estva » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:09 am

Charmera wrote:
Estva wrote:The blast did nothing, and Koren now knew he was going to need to try something else. The blasts seemed only to be helping her, and he obviously couldn't rely on it continuing to work.

Jynna was knocked off her feet by this one, but she at least had the presence of mind to absorb some of the energy of the attack. She got to her feet again, slightly slower, the last strike having dazed her. However she refocused on Koren and again charged after him. Her footfalls thundering as she moved. Once she had gotten close to her target, she swung downwards with the axe, putting all the stored kinetic energy into a blast that would push outwards after the axe connected with someone or something, whether it be Koren, the ground or his blade.

Despite all his attempts, Jynna was still coming at Koren. Now, however, he found himself without a sword, and would be facing her unarmed.

When she fell to the ground, and had to recuperate, Koren thought of an idea. These kinetic spells ere not only limited to blasts, barriers, or power strikes. They could also be used to augment a person's ability to fight.

Quickly blasting off the root that held his leg, Koren saw Jynna fully prepared and sprinting towards him. Using his new concept, he focused as much kinetic power he could muster into his hands, forming solid barriers, but in a spherical shape. Jynna, now just a few feet away, put all her strength into a strike, and Koren braced his kinetic fists into a block to see what he could do.
Join the Libdems.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:14 am

Charmera wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:

She coughed, the pain of the kick and the impact with the wall both considerable. She groaned in pain, glaring at Mehran as he ran at her. She quickly used some of her dwindling magical strength to pull her blade back to her with her wind powers. She quickly rolled to the blade, her pain intensifying as she did so, grabbing it and forcing herself to her feet.

With that, she prepared a vector plate, wind power combo. Pointing the arrow to Mehran and chanting the necessary spells, and allowing bursts of wind to alter her trajectory if needed and increase her speed she hurtled to him with blinding speed, a stab aimed at his lower torso.

Watching her surge forth, Mehran tired to change tack, halting the charge as he prepared to hold her attack. Charging up his magic, he raised his hands in a guard, intent on intercepting her charge. But she was too fast for him, giving him little time to adjust his footing as he took the full brunt the stab. Before he knew it, his haphazard barrier was punctured before as his guard missed her attack. But the blade did not stop at his torso, as drips of blood started flying from him before their eyes.

To his horror, the blade had seared right through his armour, rupturing his torso as white hot pain sent his nerves into a frenzy. Stunned, he glared down as the blade finally deactivated, way too late to prevent any actual damage as it remained embedded in his body. Slumping to the side, he gripped onto the blade as he gargled inaudibly. As he grasped Vyna's hand, he ordered in a strained voice, "get the medics here. Don't pull the sword out. Let them deal with this."

Something had gone awry with the failsafe, whether it as just the sheer kinetic force of her attack or a fault in the armour. He was sure he had checked before hand. It did not appear as the armour given by the school had any problems to speak of. But he did not consider the causes for this accident right then, waving off Vyna to get help. Right now, he had to get medical attention, and with the sword sticking into him, it would be hard for him to stop the bleeding on his own.
Last edited by Wolfenium on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:06 am

Estva wrote:
Charmera wrote:Jynna was knocked off her feet by this one, but she at least had the presence of mind to absorb some of the energy of the attack. She got to her feet again, slightly slower, the last strike having dazed her. However she refocused on Koren and again charged after him. Her footfalls thundering as she moved. Once she had gotten close to her target, she swung downwards with the axe, putting all the stored kinetic energy into a blast that would push outwards after the axe connected with someone or something, whether it be Koren, the ground or his blade.

Despite all his attempts, Jynna was still coming at Koren. Now, however, he found himself without a sword, and would be facing her unarmed.

When she fell to the ground, and had to recuperate, Koren thought of an idea. These kinetic spells ere not only limited to blasts, barriers, or power strikes. They could also be used to augment a person's ability to fight.

Quickly blasting off the root that held his leg, Koren saw Jynna fully prepared and sprinting towards him. Using his new concept, he focused as much kinetic power he could muster into his hands, forming solid barriers, but in a spherical shape. Jynna, now just a few feet away, put all her strength into a strike, and Koren braced his kinetic fists into a block to see what he could do.

Jynna grunted as she was forced back by the blast she had created, her attack seemingly blocked by some kinetic block. To make sure this attack wasn't a complete waste, she stomped down, sending a block of earth to hit Koren in the torso again. She again made an attempt to attack again, this time simply trying to hammer Koren into submission with several attacks, her massive ax coming up and down and up and down again, repetitively attacking him, hoping to wear him out or tire him. With each blow, Jyn's frustration grew. Normally she's fairly calm during a battle, but Koren's mental manipulation was getting to her, beginning to make her think less clearly than before. Her normally soft face and light expression were now furrowed in extreme concentration.

Wolfenium wrote:
Charmera wrote:She coughed, the pain of the kick and the impact with the wall both considerable. She groaned in pain, glaring at Mehran as he ran at her. She quickly used some of her dwindling magical strength to pull her blade back to her with her wind powers. She quickly rolled to the blade, her pain intensifying as she did so, grabbing it and forcing herself to her feet.

Watching her surge forth, Mehran tired to change tack, halting the charge as he prepared to hold her attack. Charging up his magic, he raised his hands in a guard, intent on intercepting her charge. But she was too fast for him, giving him little time to adjust his footing as he took the full brunt the stab. Before he knew it, his haphazard barrier was punctured before as his guard missed her attack. But the blade did not stop at his torso, as drips of blood started flying from him before their eyes.

To his horror, the blade had seared right through his armour, rupturing his torso as white hot pain sent his nerves into a frenzy. Stunned, he glared down as the blade finally deactivated, way too late to prevent any actual damage as it remained embedded in his body. Slumping to the side, he gripped onto the blade as he gargled inaudibly. As he grasped Vyna's hand, he ordered in a strained voice, "get the medics here. Don't pull the sword out. Let them deal with this."

Something had gone awry with the failsafe, whether it as just the sheer kinetic force of her attack or a fault in the armour. He was sure he had checked before hand. It did not appear as the armour given by the school had any problems to speak of. But he did not consider the causes for this accident right then, waving off Vyna to get help. Right now, he had to get medical attention, and with the sword sticking into him, it would be hard for him to stop the bleeding on his own.

Vyna's expression also turned to both shock and horror. She had not expected her strike to pass through his armor. She wasn't quite sure what had happened, the rude shock of seeing her opponent near death clearing her head. "Mehran... I'm so..." sorry...She said weakly, chocking on her words. Don't... die... She thought, she never wanted to kill anyone. She had wanted to win, but in following that she had become so focused...

Time for that later. Focus.

She nodded, running towards the ref, an aspirant, anyone who could help. And since she couldn't get out of the ring, she got as close to the edge as possible and shouted "He's hurt! He needs medical attention right now or he might not make it!" She yelled, before turning back to Mehran. "I think the blade missed the vitals, we just need to stop the bleeding!"
Last edited by Charmera on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:43 am

Charmera wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:

Vyna's expression also turned to both shock and horror. She had not expected her strike to pass through his armor. She wasn't quite sure what had happened, the rude shock of seeing her opponent near death clearing her head. "Mehran... I'm so..." sorry...She said weakly, chocking on her words. Don't... die... She thought, she never wanted to kill anyone. She had wanted to win, but in following that she had become so focused...

Time for that later. Focus.

She nodded, running towards the ref, an aspirant, anyone who could help. And since she couldn't get out of the ring, she got as close to the edge as possible and shouted "He's hurt! He needs medical attention right now or he might not make it!" She yelled, before turning back to Mehran. "I think the blade missed the vitals, we just need to stop the bleeding!"

"A-Ah..." blurted the young man, as medics finally rushed in to aid him, finally removing the sword as their administered first aid for him. Hauled off in a stretcher, he seemed eerily calm, albeit still wincing a bit in pain. As he was brought out of the arena, he could see the aggrieved look on Niloofar's face, quite startled by her brother's accident. Taking off his shades, he assured her firmly, "calm down, Niloofar. It's only a flesh wound. I'll be back in class in no time. You should have joined too-"

"This isn't the time to joke," Niloofar screamed at him, "I told you it was dangerous!"

Turning back towards the ceiling, Mehran merely stated, "isn't everything we do as knight-errands dangerous? Don't worry."

With that, the medics brought him out, leaving the girl frozen in shock and very, very livid.

"I hope you're right," she jabbed at Arcander sarcastically, refusing to face him as she gritted her teeth, "he may have asked for this. That doesn't mean he deserves to die for it."

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:13 pm

After Aressa had spoken with Ritz and Arcander had addressed Niloofar's concerns, the two aspirants continued watching their charges as they fought in the arenas, both of them observing with keen interest as each of the recruits displayed their abilities and revealed their strengths, their weaknesses, their strategies. Of course, there were other ways to discover all of this, in more informal and less structured ways, but that did not mean that the Silver Games happened to be convenient to the golden-robed aspirants as well, and both the aspiring knight-mender and the scion of the Alistars knew it.

However, as he observed the duels taking place below him, moving from edge to edge to watch each battle more closely and from different angles, his eyes happened to catch a rather peculiar sight in one of the arenas. Two of his charges were present there, one who bore the family name Tarembor and the other who had insisted to be called Aris. However, at the moment, rather than trying to subdue each other to claim supremacy on the battlefield, they were lying on the ground, one atop another, joining their lips and embracing each other. Of course, the armor they wore, as well as their upbringing, or so Arcander hoped, made everyone certain that they were doing little more than kissing, but it was still, to put it mildly, something rather unappropiate for the battlefield, or the Silver Games for that matter.

"Oh my." Arcander thought to himself, a very amused expression on his face as he ran his hand through his hair. "Oh my... Aradain, your ways are as mysterious as ever." He stated within his mind, wondering what would be an appropiate action to take at the moment. He glanced momentarily at the blindfolded master, but he stood silent still, unmoving and saying not a word about the unscheduled events taking place below. Figuring that he should bring to the attention of the lovebirds the fact that they were getting a lot of attention, he looked at the couple and walked to a position where they would see him quickly. And then, he coughed loudly, the sound echoing in the relative silence of the area surrounding the arena. One of them seemed to react to the noise and look at him, but even then he coughed again for good measure, before watching as they both left the arena and clapping enthusiastically at their small display. However unappropiate it had been, it still made for a very good show. Soon, his enthusiasm turned contagious, as many others around began applauding as well, including a reluctant Aressa who shook her head as she clapped.

"Hmm..." The thoughtful voice of the blindfolded master sounded suddenly, causing the room to fall silent once again. For several moments, he said nothing more, seemingly musing over the matter, before finally speaking again. "Well, congratulations." He stated, calm as ever.

After they had emerged from the arena, which had by now fixed all the damage done by itself, and were greeted by Ritz, an arm fell around each of them. "That was a good battle, but I would bet a limb that everyone paid a lot more attention to the ending than they paid to the battle itself." Their white-haired senior stated playfully. The three of them were soon joined by Aressa, who walked towards them with her arms crossed.

"Please don't do that in public again." She pleaded after a sigh, though it was clear from her voice that she didn't intend to scold them or any such thing.

It seemed that everything was going well for the group, but alas, all of the sudden Arcander's ears caught a symphony of horrified gasps. The golden-robed man turned to the source, and saw one of his charges, the one from the Order of Xorshid, skewered by an energy sword that had now deactivated. Something had gone wrong. Something had gone terribly, terribly wrong. However, the aspirant did not panic. Instead, he moved quickly towards the edge of the arena and stood, unmoving, staring intently at the wounded recruit as he began swiftly muttering long strings of words under his breath, chanting magic that minimized the student's wound from afar to the best of his ability as a healer. Had he lacked the power to heal, or had he lacked mastery over such power, he would have most likely tried to get the attention of the staff as well.

However, it seemed that such a thing had been unnecessary. The blindfolded man had not moved or said a word, and yet, shortly after Mehran's wound and Vyna's pleas had occured, two people rushed through the crowds and jumped down into the arena, shrugging off the fall and rushing towards Mehran. They were clad in armor, but their armor was much different from that of the students at the Academy. Its gray surface reflected the light as neon green glowing lines ran across the armors, forming distinctive patterns. Illusions of pure white cloth fluttered behind the armor and covered the right arm, and on their chests, the emblem of a green flame over a crescent moon was present. The two apparent medics rushed to Mehran's aid, one of them holding him as the other pulled out the sword and held a glowing green gauntlet over the wound, stopping the bleeding and closing the wound, though there was internal damage yet to be fixed. A third medic showed up as well, tossing down a stretcher which the other two deftly caught, putting Mehran on it and taking him out of the arena and away from the stadium, briefly stopping so that he could speak to his sister before continuing on. At this point, Arcander had already returned to the others.

However, after Niloofar spoke, an arm swept her small form away as the addressed aspirant made his way past her and out the door through which the medics had left.

Soon afterwards, a significantly gentler hand was placed on the girl's shoulder.

"You simply don't accuse a Viridian like him of disregarding life, just like you just don't speak ill of Lady Sylvalladine in front of a Phantom like me." Aressa said to the Xorshid, her voice stern, though it was not too difficult to tell that she said this partially to apologize for her partner's behavior. "Your brother will be fine, Niloofar. Arcander can heal wonderfully and the medics here are some of the best in the Known Universe, the only way they would have been unable to save him would have been if he had died down there, and that would have been truly impossible." She stated, hoping to comfort the concerned girl. "These accidents are very unlikely, but they are accounted for nonetheless. The people in this institution are prepared to deal with them." She said. Hopefully this would put her at ease. Aressa herself was concerned about the fate of the boy, but neither the statements she had made nor her trust in the Academy were a lie, and so she trusted that the Xorshid would live.

Elsewhere, the blindfolded man spoke to the noblewoman who stood alone in the blood-stained arena. "Child, it is through no fault of yours that this happened. Now, vacate the arena and rejoin your guides." He said, neutral as ever though his words were meant to comfort.

Outside the stadium, Arcander had joined the two medics who were taking away Mehran on a stretcher, navigating through the halls of the school. "Shirazi, how are you feeling?" He asked. "I'll try to heal you, but you'll still have to get checked on by the medics. Protocol and such, I'm sure you understand." He said, smiling in an attempt to reassure the student, and then began muttering under his breath once again, summoning the power of his magic in order to begin reversing the Xorshid's internal damage as he walked into an elevator alongside him and the two medics.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse