NATION

PASSWORD

Children Of Infinity (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sat May 16, 2015 2:33 am

Wolfenium wrote:
Charmera wrote:"I'll try. It sounds like a rather nice place despite the cold. I'd imagine I'd have to get used to that." She replied with a smile. She was adventurous enough to want to go and visit their homeworld. Her smile, however, faded when they asked about her home. She slowed slightly, but still kept walking.

"I... It's not like I had a bad childhood or anything. My parents were barely around sure, but I had Alris, Jyn and Jon..." She paused. "I just had more than a few unfortunate incidents in that childhood... more than a few due to..." She paused again, wrapping her arms around herself. She remembered in vivid detail the dark room she had sat in. "I don't want to talk about it." She said firmly.

"A-Ah..." Niloofar uttered, rubbing her arm awkwardly, "sorry... I didn't mean to bring up anything bad. I just thought it could help you feel better. I've had unfortunate incidents too... back on my birthplace. I can understand if you don't want to relive that. I guess I was just too nosy."

Vyna sighed, turning to face Niloofar. She paused and sighed, frowning. "It's okay... It's just... " She stopped again, pausing and wondering the best way to explain this. She supposed she could tell her the truth. She owed her that at least. She had stabbed her brother and thought she would stab her in the back for it. But she didn't, in fact they were now on friendly terms. Vyna wasn't sure she would be so... forgiving were the situation reversed. "We can talk about it later maybe... I'd... Just rather not talk about it now."
Last edited by Charmera on Sat May 16, 2015 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat May 16, 2015 4:08 am

Charmera wrote:Vyna sighed, turning to face Niloofar. She paused and sighed, frowning. "It's okay... It's just... " She stopped again, pausing and wondering the best way to explain this. She supposed she could tell her the truth. She owed her that at least. She had stabbed her brother and thought she would stab her in the back for it. But she didn't, in fact they were now on friendly terms. Vyna wasn't sure she would be so... forgiving were the situation reversed. "We can talk about it later maybe... I'd... Just rather not talk about it now."

"A... Alright," Niloofar mused, "I guess we'll talk about something else then. Umm... Oh ya," she blurted, pulling out a small, handheld object wrapped in paper, "I forgot. Here."

It appeared cylindrical, with a circular shape bulging off an end. Crudely wrapped in paper, it seemed like a gift of sorts. As it turned out, inside was a strange, simplistic looking statuette, just a featureless sphere for a head on a slightly tapered cylinder. But more importantly, she demonstrated pulling the top up, exposing small hole at the top.

"It's a paprika shaker," she went, looking a little embarrassed, "as apology for getting mad at you. I made the shaker and mix myself. I... hope it's not too silly... I don't want you to think I want a limb off you for that accident with my brother. He wouldn't like it."

It was about the silliest gift anyone could have given, but she herself was not confident in anything beyond her hobbies, which was why she joined the metallurgy and cooking clubs. She only hoped Vyna did not take it the wrong way. She nearly decided on salt until she realized how ironic that would have been.

Trailing behind the group as they ascended the cliffside, Eamonn was still a bit lost in his own thoughts. Fixated at the scenery, he could not help but feel its initial luster wear thin a bit. While beautiful as Gardia looked, he could still feel the earthen soil beneath the grass rub against his sole. He hated to imagine it, but he could still see Eiru in its present form behind the mask of vegetation. All it would have taken was something as calamitous as the Dragon invasion.

Looking ahead, he could see the various students and aspirants talking among themselves in excitement. It was a rather bitter feeling, being at the back; though, by his own admission, he had not really done much to speak to the other students, much less make friends.After what had happened, he felt he could not tie anyone to his burden. He hated to imagine them in the same position as his old friends at the sadist's hands. Absentmindedly, he began to sing a small song to pass the time up the cliff. In a language only he understood here, it sounded peaceful and melodic, especially from someone as troubled like him.

Maidin moch do ghabhas amach,
Ar bruach Locha Léin;
An Samhradh teacht's an chraobh len'ais,
Is ionrach te ón ngréin,
Ar thaisteal dom trí bhailte
poirt is bánta mine réidhe,
Cé a gheobhainn le máis ach an chúileann deas,
Le fáinne geal an lae.
Last edited by Wolfenium on Sat May 16, 2015 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun May 17, 2015 5:16 am

Wolfenium wrote:
Charmera wrote:Vyna sighed, turning to face Niloofar. She paused and sighed, frowning. "It's okay... It's just... " She stopped again, pausing and wondering the best way to explain this. She supposed she could tell her the truth. She owed her that at least. She had stabbed her brother and thought she would stab her in the back for it. But she didn't, in fact they were now on friendly terms. Vyna wasn't sure she would be so... forgiving were the situation reversed. "We can talk about it later maybe... I'd... Just rather not talk about it now."

"A... Alright," Niloofar mused, "I guess we'll talk about something else then. Umm... Oh ya," she blurted, pulling out a small, handheld object wrapped in paper, "I forgot. Here."

It appeared cylindrical, with a circular shape bulging off an end. Crudely wrapped in paper, it seemed like a gift of sorts. As it turned out, inside was a strange, simplistic looking statuette, just a featureless sphere for a head on a slightly tapered cylinder. But more importantly, she demonstrated pulling the top up, exposing small hole at the top.

"It's a paprika shaker," she went, looking a little embarrassed, "as apology for getting mad at you. I made the shaker and mix myself. I... hope it's not too silly... I don't want you to think I want a limb off you for that accident with my brother. He wouldn't like it."

It was about the silliest gift anyone could have given, but she herself was not confident in anything beyond her hobbies, which was why she joined the metallurgy and cooking clubs. She only hoped Vyna did not take it the wrong way. She nearly decided on salt until she realized how ironic that would have been.

"It's... great." She replied, there was a gracious smile on her face as she took it. She was definitely grateful for the gift, though more for what it represented. Forgiveness. Though she wondered if there was any hidden meaning behind this. If it was salt or something I would be more concerned. She decided. "I... don't know what to say. Thank you. This actually means a lot to me. " Vyna replied. She would have hugged the other girl were it socially acceptable.

"As I said... I'll talk later." She spoke, curling her hand around the shaker, looking for a place to put it. "There... might be something I could use your help for."
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Atlannia
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Sun May 17, 2015 5:58 am

Charmera wrote:Jynna's line of thought was a lot more focused on the lush itself. She took in the glory of what was before her. She inhaled the fresh air not tainted by smoke, be it from wharfs or docks or just the drugs wafting over from the pleasure district in Aethas. It beat Aethas soundly and the Academy less so, but the garden could hardly compare to this glory. She couldn't even think of death with all this glorious plantlife around her. She seemed to gasp at everything. Occasionally slowing down to take it all in.

She calmed down again, now talking to Alfenn. "I think we're getting close to wherever they're taking us." She said.

"Hm? Oh yes," replied Alfenn, snapping out of his musings suddenly. "It's that building up there isn't it? It looks pleasant enough from here,"

Though one should always reserve judgement on accommodation until one has seen the bathroom he added silently, nodding to himself. I doubt the Phantom Blade would put us up in a subpar establishment... especially since the teachers are staying in the same place...Unless this an elaborate set up for some survival training! Alfenn's brow creased suddenly as his mind began racing with thoughts of double bluffs and ruses. The staff and seniors get to stay in the resort while we're forced to camp outside in the howling wind and pounding rain? Is that it?! He looked up and took in the merrily shining sun and the gentle waves below them. Probably not on the balance of things he decided, almost reluctantly. Besides the enthusiasm of their guides had seemed genuine rather than mischievous, unless he had seriously underestimated their deceptive abilities the activities in store for them were likely to be at least intended as pleasant. Alfenn realised he had drifted off again. "Sorry," he said to Jynna "What were we talking about again?"
Last edited by Atlannia on Sun May 17, 2015 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
...!?!

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Tue May 19, 2015 1:05 am

Atlannia wrote:
Charmera wrote:Jynna's line of thought was a lot more focused on the lush itself. She took in the glory of what was before her. She inhaled the fresh air not tainted by smoke, be it from wharfs or docks or just the drugs wafting over from the pleasure district in Aethas. It beat Aethas soundly and the Academy less so, but the garden could hardly compare to this glory. She couldn't even think of death with all this glorious plantlife around her. She seemed to gasp at everything. Occasionally slowing down to take it all in.

She calmed down again, now talking to Alfenn. "I think we're getting close to wherever they're taking us." She said.

"Hm? Oh yes," replied Alfenn, snapping out of his musings suddenly. "It's that building up there isn't it? It looks pleasant enough from here,"

Though one should always reserve judgement on accommodation until one has seen the bathroom he added silently, nodding to himself. I doubt the Phantom Blade would put us up in a subpar establishment... especially since the teachers are staying in the same place...Unless this an elaborate set up for some survival training! Alfenn's brow creased suddenly as his mind began racing with thoughts of double bluffs and ruses. The staff and seniors get to stay in the resort while we're forced to camp outside in the howling wind and pounding rain? Is that it?! He looked up and took in the merrily shining sun and the gentle waves below them. Probably not on the balance of things he decided, almost reluctantly. Besides the enthusiasm of their guides had seemed genuine rather than mischievous, unless he had seriously underestimated their deceptive abilities the activities in store for them were likely to be at least intended as pleasant. Alfenn realised he had drifted off again. "Sorry," he said to Jynna "What were we talking about again?"

Jynna was a little concerned when Alfenn looked upset. She had frowned slightly when he did so, almost tempted to shake him or have her hand in front of his face to get him to stop wondering about whatever it was that was plaguing him. "Well, we were talking about the building, but then you kinda spaced out for a bit." she replied. "What were you thinking about, you look a little concerned?" She asked, worried about her friend.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Tue May 19, 2015 3:32 am

Charmera wrote:"It's... great." She replied, there was a gracious smile on her face as she took it. She was definitely grateful for the gift, though more for what it represented. Forgiveness. Though she wondered if there was any hidden meaning behind this. If it was salt or something I would be more concerned. She decided. "I... don't know what to say. Thank you. This actually means a lot to me. " Vyna replied. She would have hugged the other girl were it socially acceptable.

"No problem," she waved off cheerfully, "I just thought I should put the duel behind us. Like I said, we're classmates. No point nursing a grudge over accidents."

Charmera wrote:"As I said... I'll talk later." She spoke, curling her hand around the shaker, looking for a place to put it. "There... might be something I could use your help for."

Widening her eyes a bit in surprise, Niloofar went, "hm? For what?" She found the query rather strange. She really could not imagine what help she could be to Vyna. Shrugging, she told her, "ask away. I'll see if I can help you."
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Wed May 20, 2015 4:50 am

Wolfenium wrote:
Charmera wrote:"It's... great." She replied, there was a gracious smile on her face as she took it. She was definitely grateful for the gift, though more for what it represented. Forgiveness. Though she wondered if there was any hidden meaning behind this. If it was salt or something I would be more concerned. She decided. "I... don't know what to say. Thank you. This actually means a lot to me. " Vyna replied. She would have hugged the other girl were it socially acceptable.

"No problem," she waved off cheerfully, "I just thought I should put the duel behind us. Like I said, we're classmates. No point nursing a grudge over accidents."

Charmera wrote:"As I said... I'll talk later." She spoke, curling her hand around the shaker, looking for a place to put it. "There... might be something I could use your help for."

Widening her eyes a bit in surprise, Niloofar went, "hm? For what?" She found the query rather strange. She really could not imagine what help she could be to Vyna. Shrugging, she told her, "ask away. I'll see if I can help you."

"Of course. Grudges can be quite pointless things really." Vyna replied, she bowed her head slightly "I apologise again for what happened. And also for calling your brother a pervert. I think that might have been a little too far." She joked, smiling slightly though awkwardly, hoping that she would understand that she was just trying to put it behind her with a little light humour. She then frowned slightly, becoming more serious. "I'm not sure I can explain it here..." She said.

Atlannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Wed May 20, 2015 5:06 am

Charmera wrote:
Atlannia wrote:
Jynna was a little concerned when Alfenn looked upset. She had frowned slightly when he did so, almost tempted to shake him or have her hand in front of his face to get him to stop wondering about whatever it was that was plaguing him. "Well, we were talking about the building, but then you kinda spaced out for a bit." she replied. "What were you thinking about, you look a little concerned?" She asked, worried about her friend.

"Oh I was just letting my imagination get the best of me," answered Alfenn, a little surprised that she had read his line of thinking so clearly. "If one of my tutors on Charen had taken me to a place like this I would have been immediately suspicious, they were all rather old fashioned and it probably would have been some kind of surprise training or something," Alfenn looked up to the sky thoughtfully. "I don't really think that's the case here, the teachers so far have been quite different from my tutors,"
...!?!

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Wed May 20, 2015 5:26 am

Atlannia wrote:
Charmera wrote:

"Oh I was just letting my imagination get the best of me," answered Alfenn, a little surprised that she had read his line of thinking so clearly. "If one of my tutors on Charen had taken me to a place like this I would have been immediately suspicious, they were all rather old fashioned and it probably would have been some kind of surprise training or something," Alfenn looked up to the sky thoughtfully. "I don't really think that's the case here, the teachers so far have been quite different from my tutors,"

"Oh, so you were wondering if this was some sort of trap?" Jynna asked. "I... that hadn't even crossed my mind. But I don't think they'd do that. Though if they did I would be very annoyed." She replied. It was then that Jyn realised that she didn't know all that much about Alfenn's life before joining the academy. She paused, then decided against asking. It was obvious that at least some of it was painful. She decided instead to ask about things he might be able to share. "So you're tutors... What were they like?" She asked. "Our combat trainers were harsh, though I don't think any of them would have planned surprise training. Though we did go through masters rather quick... they kept... disappearing..."

Atlannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Wed May 20, 2015 6:14 am

Charmera wrote:"Oh, so you were wondering if this was some sort of trap?" Jynna asked. "I... that hadn't even crossed my mind. But I don't think they'd do that. Though if they did I would be very annoyed." She replied. It was then that Jyn realised that she didn't know all that much about Alfenn's life before joining the academy. She paused, then decided against asking. It was obvious that at least some of it was painful. She decided instead to ask about things he might be able to share. "So you're tutors... What were they like?" She asked. "Our combat trainers were harsh, though I don't think any of them would have planned surprise training. Though we did go through masters rather quick... they kept... disappearing..."

Disappear? Alfenn raised an eyebrow but decided not to pursue that line of enquiry further for fear of disturbing the comfortable atmosphere once more. "well..." he began "My tutors were all knights of the order who were too old for combat, which in the Black Cup was exceedingly old. The worst were the history tutors, they were even older than the rest and were constantly getting their dates mixed up. Because they'd actually fought in half of the damn battles they were talking to they'd refuse to consult any records at all and just go off memory. Every battle eventually turned into some variant of 'And there were 10,000 of them and we had twelve men and a dog with three legs on our side so I had to personally slay 20,000 of them myself and build the road you ungrateful snots take to town at the same time and it was raining the whole time too," Alfenn rolled his eyes in an uncharacteristically petulant gesture. "Infuriating old men, eventually I was able to convince Father to let me study history myself and had a great deal more success, I never got rid of my fencing instructor in the same way though." Alfenn smiled darkly. "Sir Moratt, what a character. He was the sort who would take you to a resort and turn it into a trap. He actually did something quite similar to that, we went on a 'sightseeing tour' of one of our colonies that ended up with me dumped on the uninhabited side of the planet with the only means of contacting anybody being an emergency beacon that landed in the middle of a lake," Alfenn put his hands in his pockets. "He was in orbit over me the whole time judging by how quickly he arrived when I finally got the bloody thing running so I wasn't in any real danger. But I certainly didn't learn a damned thing about fencing,"
...!?!

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Wed May 20, 2015 7:03 am

Atlannia wrote:
Charmera wrote:"Oh, so you were wondering if this was some sort of trap?" Jynna asked. "I... that hadn't even crossed my mind. But I don't think they'd do that. Though if they did I would be very annoyed." She replied. It was then that Jyn realised that she didn't know all that much about Alfenn's life before joining the academy. She paused, then decided against asking. It was obvious that at least some of it was painful. She decided instead to ask about things he might be able to share. "So you're tutors... What were they like?" She asked. "Our combat trainers were harsh, though I don't think any of them would have planned surprise training. Though we did go through masters rather quick... they kept... disappearing..."

Disappear? Alfenn raised an eyebrow but decided not to pursue that line of enquiry further for fear of disturbing the comfortable atmosphere once more. "well..." he began "My tutors were all knights of the order who were too old for combat, which in the Black Cup was exceedingly old. The worst were the history tutors, they were even older than the rest and were constantly getting their dates mixed up. Because they'd actually fought in half of the damn battles they were talking to they'd refuse to consult any records at all and just go off memory. Every battle eventually turned into some variant of 'And there were 10,000 of them and we had twelve men and a dog with three legs on our side so I had to personally slay 20,000 of them myself and build the road you ungrateful snots take to town at the same time and it was raining the whole time too," Alfenn rolled his eyes in an uncharacteristically petulant gesture. "Infuriating old men, eventually I was able to convince Father to let me study history myself and had a great deal more success, I never got rid of my fencing instructor in the same way though." Alfenn smiled darkly. "Sir Moratt, what a character. He was the sort who would take you to a resort and turn it into a trap. He actually did something quite similar to that, we went on a 'sightseeing tour' of one of our colonies that ended up with me dumped on the uninhabited side of the planet with the only means of contacting anybody being an emergency beacon that landed in the middle of a lake," Alfenn put his hands in his pockets. "He was in orbit over me the whole time judging by how quickly he arrived when I finally got the bloody thing running so I wasn't in any real danger. But I certainly didn't learn a damned thing about fencing,"

By disappeared, Jynna was refering to the fact that a lot of their instructors found working in Aethas a hazard to their health, and just quietly left without telling her parents. There were also a few incidents where they didn't leave like that, but the less said about them the better. "That sort of thing must have sucked. I mean what were you supposed to learn? How to find a beacon? How to swim?" Jynna asked, noting how he seemed quite irritated by them. "We kinda got the opposite with history. People with no real connection to the material reading it like a menu." She said with a tad bit of annoyance. "We didn't have anyone quite like Sir Morrat, but we did manage to get a weapons tutor named Tibalt who seemed to enjoy causing us pain." She explained. "He would run the most painful and gruelling exercises. Our parents gave the tutors permission to do whatever they wanted pretty much, so most lessons were hellish. Informative and useful, but hellish." She explained. "He also seemed to take a liking to me for some reason. He said it was because I was a good student, but I think it was just because I could take a lot more punishment than my siblings... He was creepy... Luckily he went over the line a couple times too often and our parents had to dismiss him." She sighed. "One of the few who didn't leave voluntarily..."

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat May 23, 2015 1:01 am

Charmera wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:

"Of course. Grudges can be quite pointless things really." Vyna replied, she bowed her head slightly "I apologise again for what happened. And also for calling your brother a pervert. I think that might have been a little too far." She joked, smiling slightly though awkwardly, hoping that she would understand that she was just trying to put it behind her with a little light humour. She then frowned slightly, becoming more serious. "I'm not sure I can explain it here..." She said.

"Uh, huh..." the twintail uttered, tilting her head a bit as she tried to discern what she meant. She never heard of her brother complaining about it. Then again, the trip at the arena was quite rapidly overshadowed by what came after, so she simply assumed he forgot about it, or just did not care. But what concerned her was why Vyna was reluctant to explain. Sensing a need for privacy, she whispered in her ear, "we'll let the others go ahead, you can tell me once we're following at the back."

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sun May 24, 2015 8:51 pm

The Starlight wrote:Looking up, beholding her redheaded instructor, she smiled and responded in a murmur, still amazed at its beauty. "Indeed it is," she breathed out, exhaling softly, taking one more spin around to capture a panoramic view of the place. And here, yet another beautiful landscape that just begged to be put to brush and paint. She had never been able to resist the call, the beckoning allure of painting a beautiful landscape, she had never truly tried, and she wouldn't start now.

Hearing the instructions spoken up, she began following the rest, nodding to Aressa's words. As they slowly walked up, another view presented itself, the sea blue waves and the dark, stony rocks meeting together, the water slapping against the jagged points, again and again. She walked by Aressa in silence for a while, gazing at the world, and then spoke up. "So, how many times have you been to Cathedral Gladia?" she asked, judging that to be a good way to start the conversation.

"Two times, before this one." The red-haired warrior said in response to the younger student's question, smiling as she noticed that the other girl, too, seemed very appreciative of the natural gifts of the land they now strode upon. With no small degree of amusement, the aspirant realized that Ellyn's apparent fascination at the lush and colorful landscape reminded her of herself during her first visit to Cathedral Gladia.

"The first time I came here was on my first year in the Silver Hand, during a trip just like this one. We even had Professor Cyranis with us back then as well, though the other teachers were all different. A couple of them have retired already." She began, placing her hands in her pristine white uniform's pockets and looking out at the horizon as she began to reminisce. "I was just starting to warm up to Arc and the others when we arrived here. He had a solid crush on Eleasir at the time, so I spent most of the trip trying to stop him from doing something stupid to impress her. It was quite a fun time, in retrospect, though I was more than a little grumpy about having to babysit him." She giggled, taking a breath and pausing for a moment before continuing. "I was completely awed when we saw the forests though. They were far beyond anything I had ever seen before, even in Adonea. I hope you and the others like them as well." She said, and looked as though she was about to continue telling Ellyn about her past years in the Silver Hand Academy, when she suddenly stopped and clasped her hands together in front of herself.

"But anyways, we're here. I'll tell you about my second trip some other time, if you'd like to hear it." She said, before increasing her pace as she walked forward. And indeed, they had arrived at the cliffside resort, able to gaze upon it much more clearly now. It was a huge building indeed, able to comfortably give lodging to a group roughly one and a half times the size of the Northern Branch's students and what staff members accompanied them. Its clear white walls with blue decals had a metallic sheen to them, reflecting part of the bright sunlight that shone down on the lush Cathedral. A smell of cleanliness seemed to roll forth from the building, not chemical in its nature, but rather in harmony with the surroundings. Numerous elongated windows and sizeable balconies dotted its walls, and the entrance, a large rectangular gateway with sliding double doors of reinforced glass, allowed students to peek at the inside of the building, white and blue mosaic floor continuing the motif of the structure's outer walls while numerous holographic images of Gladia's various landscapes were displayed on the inner walls of the resort.

Of course, those outside may or may not have been able to appreciate the inside of the building, since there were quite a lot of students within already, with all four of the teachers and even some medics straining themselves a bit to maintain some semblance of order, aided by the numerous staff of the cliffside resort itself, who acted swiftly and efficiently, leading groups of students away to their designated rooms.

"Welcome to the Ocean Gazer, young masters, we hope you enjoy your stay." A woman in a stylish white and blue attendant uniform told them, bowing slightly, her white hair brushing past her shoulders as she did so. The two guides of the A-23 group nodded politely at her before stepping inside, constantly looking back to make sure that their charges were nearby at all times.

"Students!" Came the booming voice of the titan Ilkalos. "You are free to change into civilian clothes for the remainder of your stay, but you WILL report back here before curfew as per usual, and you WILL respect this building, its staff and property, and the entirety of Cathedral Gladia during your stay here." The professor stated, not bothering to ask if everything was understood, because it damn better be. "In addition, you WILL be in your uniform when we depart back to Cathedral Arcadia on the evening of the third day. That is all!"

Once the briefing was over, Arcander turned to his group. "Well, you heard the lion roar. We'll head to our suite so you can all change and then we can grab something to eat." He said, before intercepting a passing member of the Ocean Gazer's staff and exchanging a few words. Turning back to the group once again, he motioned for them to follow. Up the stairs they went, and were eventually led to the part of the hotel where they would be staying. And indeed, Arcander wasn't kidding when he said they had a suite all to themselves, sunlight streaking in through the pristine windows. The attendant excused himself and walked away to tend to other matters, leaving the A-23 group to themselves.

"Alright, here's the rundown. There's air conditioners here and in every individual bedroom, if you want to use them. The door of the suite will only open for us or members of the hotel or the school's staff. The bedrooms here are for two people. You're free to have the same arrangement as in the Academy, or a different one, but keep in mind that there shouldn't be any mix-" Aressa spoke, but was interrupted when Arcander wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her in close in a friendly one-armed hug.

"There shouldn't be any mixed feelings about your room arrangements because we're all here to enjoy ourselves, right? So go ahead and bunk with whomever you want." He said with a grin. Aressa looked at him for several moments with an expression completely devoid of amusement, before sighing and nodding.

"What he said. I'm going to change." She said, squriming out of the taller student's embrace and then heading over to one of the bedrooms. Arcander soon did the same, leaving the students to their devices for a few minutes.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Mon May 25, 2015 8:46 am

Once in the room, Vyna grabbed one of the rooms to change, as did Vyna and Jon (Though, separate rooms) Jon managed to change first into regular attire. He and his sisters seemed to agree this was a nice suite indeed. Plus the rooms seemed nice too. He supposed he might enjoy it here, though the mask now around his face would take some getting used to. Still it was too bring and too humid. It reminded him a little of home sure, but it was still fairly dull as planets go. He was the type who tended to look beyond the "pretty but dim" people, places were no different. He could tell this was a world with very nice views and not a lot to do that doesn't involve hugging a tree...

He moved towards Ritz with a sigh, turning towards her. "Please tell me I don't look as ridiculous in this mask as I think I do?" He often didn't have long conversations with Ritz. He would if she would like, but she seemed to be the more quiet type, so usually he spoke only if she started the conversation. It was nice being with her regardless of conversation though. It was comforting, Still, he felt he should ask someone...

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Mon May 25, 2015 4:49 pm

The resort was impressive indeed, but to Ritz it couldn't stand up to the unbridled nature that lied stretched out before it, gazing out across the landscape through the massive panoramic window with an almost childlike glee. She could pick a room later.

Though she was eager to go out and explore, something in the back of her mind nudged her towards her luggage and the metal case she brought along with her. She could just as well combine the pleasant with the practical. Inside it sat two funnel-shaped constructs, covered with almost snow-white metal plating to protect the delicate machinery inside. Gingerly, Ritz picked one up and lifted it up, tilting her head slightly to the side as the metal reflected the sunlight beaming in through the window towards her.

Completely focused on the small machine in her hands, Ritz almost felt as if it was alive. In a way, it was. Barely larger than an apple, this white funnel contained some of Ritz' own energy, connected to her through a single invisible thread. It was a part of her.

Gently she began to hum, and when her lips parted she softly sang. Chanting, but gentler. The small device came to life and began to lift itself up from her hands, guided by Ritz voice and fuelled by her energy. It was like a little creature that rose from her palms and began to explore, its movements a bit erratic and twitchy. Ritz stopped her chant and smiled, watching it hover quietly beside her, following her as she moved, guided by the invisible link between them.

"Please tell me I don't look as ridiculous in this mask as I think I do?"

Ritz turned towards Jon and smiled, seeing him in almost visible agony over the mask covering a large part of his face.

"Probably not as much as you think, but..." She replied, deliberately leaving her sentence unfinished, the corners of her mouth creeping upwards in an innocent grin. She turned around, facing the window.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" The young woman added, looking out towards the distance, before gently tapping the funnel floating beside her. The device responded by following her hand, following it as she drew small circle in the air before gently landing in the palm of her hand.

"Stress, worries, sadness...I can feel it all fade away here."
Last edited by Esternial on Mon May 25, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Tue May 26, 2015 5:23 am

Esternial wrote:The resort was impressive indeed, but to Ritz it couldn't stand up to the unbridled nature that lied stretched out before it, gazing out across the landscape through the massive panoramic window with an almost childlike glee. She could pick a room later.

Though she was eager to go out and explore, something in the back of her mind nudged her towards her luggage and the metal case she brought along with her. She could just as well combine the pleasant with the practical. Inside it sat two funnel-shaped constructs, covered with almost snow-white metal plating to protect the delicate machinery inside. Gingerly, Ritz picked one up and lifted it up, tilting her head slightly to the side as the metal reflected the sunlight beaming in through the window towards her.

Completely focused on the small machine in her hands, Ritz almost felt as if it was alive. In a way, it was. Barely larger than an apple, this white funnel contained some of Ritz' own energy, connected to her through a single invisible thread. It was a part of her.

Gently she began to hum, and when her lips parted she softly sang. Chanting, but gentler. The small device came to life and began to lift itself up from her hands, guided by Ritz voice and fuelled by her energy. It was like a little creature that rose from her palms and began to explore, its movements a bit erratic and twitchy. Ritz stopped her chant and smiled, watching it hover quietly beside her, following her as she moved, guided by the invisible link between them.

Ritz turned towards Jon and smiled, seeing him in almost visible agony over the mask covering a large part of his face.

"Probably not as much as you think, but..." She replied, deliberately leaving her sentence unfinished, the corners of her mouth creeping upwards in an innocent grin. She turned around, facing the window.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" The young woman added, looking out towards the distance, before gently tapping the funnel floating beside her. The device responded by following her hand, following it as she drew small circle in the air before gently landing in the palm of her hand.

Jon chuckled then shrugged. He was smiling under the oversized mask. It hid his cheeks, mouth and nose from view. It was helping with his alergies, so there was that. The only problem was that it made him look like patient zero. "I look like I'm infected..." he spoke, then walked towards Ritz. He was shorter that the average person, and quite wiry in frame, though he did have some strength.

"Beautiful... I suppose I have to admit it is. Very pretty..." He spoke, pausing for a moment and looking at the view. "Though,,, This whole one with nature business is more Jyn's thing than mine." He didn't mention his mental comment on how this place looked pretty let likely had little to offer. He tended to tone down his sarkyness a tad for Ritz, mostly as he wasn't certain she would be amused and he didn't want to annoy her. She was probably one of the few people outside his family that was friends with him.

He noticed the thing in her hands. "Huh..." He started. 'What's that?"

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Tue May 26, 2015 12:46 pm

Charmera wrote:
Esternial wrote:The resort was impressive indeed, but to Ritz it couldn't stand up to the unbridled nature that lied stretched out before it, gazing out across the landscape through the massive panoramic window with an almost childlike glee. She could pick a room later.

Jon chuckled then shrugged. He was smiling under the oversized mask. It hid his cheeks, mouth and nose from view. It was helping with his alergies, so there was that. The only problem was that it made him look like patient zero. "I look like I'm infected..." he spoke, then walked towards Ritz. He was shorter that the average person, and quite wiry in frame, though he did have some strength.

"Beautiful... I suppose I have to admit it is. Very pretty..." He spoke, pausing for a moment and looking at the view. "Though,,, This whole one with nature business is more Jyn's thing than mine." He didn't mention his mental comment on how this place looked pretty let likely had little to offer. He tended to tone down his sarkyness a tad for Ritz, mostly as he wasn't certain she would be amused and he didn't want to annoy her. She was probably one of the few people outside his family that was friends with him.

Though he didn't say it, Ritz could see that Jon had mixed feelings on the view. She didn't mind, even if he were to voice what was really on his mind. Maybe her abilities contributed to her inner serenity and near-supernatural tolerance of Jon's sour moods, but over the years her personality had been cultivated into a steadfast bastion of calm with foundations that reached deep into her psyche. It took a lot to truly upset her, and she would be a presence to be feared by all should that day ever come.

"Atomos and Akamptos" Ritz replied, picking up the second metal funnel from her case. One in each hand, she turned towards Jon, a hint of nervosity noticeable in her posture. She had never "performed" in front of others, at least not consciously.

Clearing her throat, Ritz began to sing, softly as she did before. Both funnels responded to her voice and the energy flowing into their casings, becoming increasingly warmer to the touch as they rose from her hands and began to hover around her, almost dancing as she guided their perfectly choreographed movements with her voice and the delicate movements of her hand.

"I had them commissioned for me. I'm still getting used to them..." She explained, the movement of the two devices becoming more sluggish as she spoke, less direct. Their presence felt strange, like an extension of herself, two limbs she had never used until now. Using them required a conscious effort, combining the movements of her hand and her chanting to make their movements as precise as possible. In time, Ritz hoped it would require less focus to operate them, but it was too early to tell.

"Lancet." Ritz whispered calmly. Both funnels responded by producing a high-pitched sound, shrill, but quiet enough to remain tolerable for the ears. The sound continued unabated, but after a few moments a visible glow became visible around the funnel's axis, slowly becoming more dense until the glow formed a solid disc of energy. Rotating at a high speed, thin blades of energy projected between two sections of plating formed a single disc. As quickly as the demonstration began, it ended. The energy blades vanished, along with the soft shriek that came from the funnels, and they returned back into the palms of her hands.

"It'll take some time before I can use them effectively, but...I guess dedication will pay off...hopefully."
Last edited by Esternial on Tue May 26, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Wed May 27, 2015 7:48 pm

Esternial wrote:
Charmera wrote:Jon chuckled then shrugged. He was smiling under the oversized mask. It hid his cheeks, mouth and nose from view. It was helping with his alergies, so there was that. The only problem was that it made him look like patient zero. "I look like I'm infected..." he spoke, then walked towards Ritz. He was shorter that the average person, and quite wiry in frame, though he did have some strength.

Though he didn't say it, Ritz could see that Jon had mixed feelings on the view. She didn't mind, even if he were to voice what was really on his mind. Maybe her abilities contributed to her inner serenity and near-supernatural tolerance of Jon's sour moods, but over the years her personality had been cultivated into a steadfast bastion of calm with foundations that reached deep into her psyche. It took a lot to truly upset her, and she would be a presence to be feared by all should that day ever come.

"Atomos and Akamptos" Ritz replied, picking up the second metal funnel from her case. One in each hand, she turned towards Jon, a hint of nervosity noticeable in her posture. She had never "performed" in front of others, at least not consciously.

Clearing her throat, Ritz began to sing, softly as she did before. Both funnels responded to her voice and the energy flowing into their casings, becoming increasingly warmer to the touch as they rose from her hands and began to hover around her, almost dancing as she guided their perfectly choreographed movements with her voice and the delicate movements of her hand.

"I had them commissioned for me. I'm still getting used to them..." She explained, the movement of the two devices becoming more sluggish as she spoke, less direct. Their presence felt strange, like an extension of herself, two limbs she had never used until now. Using them required a conscious effort, combining the movements of her hand and her chanting to make their movements as precise as possible. In time, Ritz hoped it would require less focus to operate them, but it was too early to tell.

"Lancet." Ritz whispered calmly. Both funnels responded by producing a high-pitched sound, shrill, but quiet enough to remain tolerable for the ears. The sound continued unabated, but after a few moments a visible glow became visible around the funnel's axis, slowly becoming more dense until the glow formed a solid disc of energy. Rotating at a high speed, thin blades of energy projected between two sections of plating formed a single disc. As quickly as the demonstration began, it ended. The energy blades vanished, along with the soft shriek that came from the funnels, and they returned back into the palms of her hands.

"It'll take some time before I can use them effectively, but...I guess dedication will pay off...hopefully."

"Well, that's why we're here, aren't we," went another girl's voice in a rather curt voice, "to learn."

Leaning against the side of the wall with her hands hidden behind her back, Niloofar seemed to be waiting for Jon and Ritz to finish talking. She appeared nervous, unsure at addressing the girl. Given her backlash earlier, it was understandable that they would not be on speaking terms. But Niloofar felt a bit guilty about that, regardless of Ritz's intentions.

Stepping forward, she asked in an awkward, but courteous tone, "can I... have a word? I don't mind if Ayendor stays. I just have something..."

On hindsight, she felt she sounded a lot more tense than she should, and she would not be surprised if Ritz thought her behaviour was suspicious. But she really had no ill intent. She had already done enough to upset people as it was.

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sat May 30, 2015 12:22 am

The recruits had had plenty of time to converse while the aspirants were away in their rooms, changing. But after those several minutes, they emerged from the bedrooms of the lavish suite, neither of them wearing their Silver Hand uniforms anymore. Instead, the white-haired guide was clad in a black shirt with bright green patterns and a white pair of pants, while the red-haired warrior wore a tee which sported a stylized image of an argent helmet with a golden circlet on top of it and was a wine-like shade of red, rather than the color of her hair which was tied up in a simple ponytail, along with a pair of pants made of a material that looked like denim and felt like denim, but was most assuredly not denim.

"Alright then. Is everyone ready? I'd say you had plenty of time to change if you needed it." Aressa said to the recruits as she stepped out into the main room of the suite. Arcander walked to stand next to her.

"The hotel's going to be holding a welcome banquet in a few minutes, so we'll be heading there. If anyone's hungry, by all means, come along. If not, though, we'll meet just outside the building in about an hour, so make sure to be there." Arcander added afterwards.

The two then headed out of the suite and into the hallways, leading those who chose to tag along across the hotel. Though they had required the assistance of the staff in order to find exactly which room was theirs, it appeared that they were somewhat acquainted with the hotel already, as they were perfectly capable of navigating it in order to reach the banquet hall, one of the common areas.

Soon, they arrived. A large hall greeted the recruits' sights, and yet, in all of its enormity, it was quite nearly full of the many students of the Northern Branch. Tables galore filled with all manners of meats, seafood, salads and even some desserts, all neatly laid out throughout to ensure that everyone got a share - assuming everyone behaved themselves, that is, and while no food fight broke out, thankfully, some were a bit more ravenous than others.

Guiding the group through the tables, Arcander noticed someone waving at him, the same pale girl with emerald eyes who had asked them to show a practice fight a while ago, who wore an ornate dress of sorts, white, with indigo, emerald and obsidian patterns, small black earrings hanging from her ears. Waving back, Arcander briefly turned to his group and motioned for them to come along, before sitting down on one of the many free seats near Shanath and her group.

"Group, this is Shanath Eleasir. You may have seen her fight in the opening match of the Silver Games. She's a very talented fighter and also a close friend of ours." Aressa said as she too sat down there, eyeing the meal before her with a glint in her eyes that displayed obvious hunger.

"You flatter me greatly, fire-mane." The girl said softly, a faint flush visible on her pale cheeks. "It is as she says, though. I am Shanath of the Eleasir. Your guardians have told me much about you, silvery warrior children. I am happy to meet you all." She said, her voice kind and humble as she ever so slightly leaned forward and bowed her head towards the recruits, her black locks of hair brushing past her ears, a tingling sound following.

"She, ah, she is from the Phantom Blade, but her parents belonged to a foreign Order." Arcander piped up afterwards.

"Why do you always feel the necessity to clarify that...?" Shanath wondered out loud.

"No reason. Anyway, eat! That's what we're here for." Arcander said, and grabbed a nearby plate full of fried rainbow shrimp with buttered toast.

Meanwhile, Shanath turned to face a boy with a scar on his right cheek. "And who might you be?" She asked, smiling politely at the younger student.
Last edited by Zarkenis Ultima on Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sat May 30, 2015 12:31 pm

Just moments after Niloofar spoke up, the two aspirant guides interrupted them at the most inconvenient time. After they had finished talking, Ritz turned to Niloofar and nodded, picking back up what the girl in front of her had brought up.

"Of course. We still have some time until the banquet, so what on your mind?" Ritz replied, slightly curious about what had Niloofar so anxious.

As she waited for Niloofar to speak, Ritz returned the pale silver funnels to where they belonged. The metal case she brought them in. For the moment, she would hold off on putting them in hyperspace storage until she felt comfortable with it.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat May 30, 2015 7:57 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:-snip-

Esternial wrote:Just moments after Niloofar spoke up, the two aspirant guides interrupted them at the most inconvenient time. After they had finished talking, Ritz turned to Niloofar and nodded, picking back up what the girl in front of her had brought up.

"Of course. We still have some time until the banquet, so what on your mind?" Ritz replied, slightly curious about what had Niloofar so anxious.

As she waited for Niloofar to speak, Ritz returned the pale silver funnels to where they belonged. The metal case she brought them in. For the moment, she would hold off on putting them in hyperspace storage until she felt comfortable with it.

"A-Ah," she blurted, pouting a bit after having been rudely interrupted. Pausing for a moment as she thought through her words, she hastily pulled out a silver hairpin, shaped like a tuning fork with a treble clef pinned at the centre, tilted at an angle for aesthetic purposes.

"Sorry," she apologized, "I wanted to make a tuning fork, but I just can't make it sound right... So, I made a hairpin out of it. I shouldn't have gotten mad at you back in the arena. I apologize..."

It had been some time since the incident, but the girl appeared unsure at how to respond. She did feel rather guilty, however, but she was not sure how to make amends.
Last edited by Wolfenium on Sat May 30, 2015 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sun May 31, 2015 5:04 pm

Wolfenium wrote:
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:-snip-

Esternial wrote:Just moments after Niloofar spoke up, the two aspirant guides interrupted them at the most inconvenient time. After they had finished talking, Ritz turned to Niloofar and nodded, picking back up what the girl in front of her had brought up.

"A-Ah," she blurted, pouting a bit after having been rudely interrupted. Pausing for a moment as she thought through her words, she hastily pulled out a silver hairpin, shaped like a tuning fork with a treble clef pinned at the centre, tilted at an angle for aesthetic purposes.

"Sorry," she apologized, "I wanted to make a tuning fork, but I just can't make it sound right... So, I made a hairpin out of it. I shouldn't have gotten mad at you back in the arena. I apologize..."

It had been some time since the incident, but the girl appeared unsure at how to respond. She did feel rather guilty, however, but she was not sure how to make amends.

Ritz glanced at the tuning fork, a bit confused about why she showed it to her, and why she was apologising.

"It's fine." She said with a warm smile, glad to see this side of Niloofar. Ritz had always seen her as somewhat unapproachable, but now she seemed to lower her shield, show her vulnerability.

Slowly she edged closer towards Niloofar, a bit cautiously, hoping not to make her feel too uncomfortable. She was pushing deeper into her comfort zone, and when she stopped their faces were barely ten inches apart. Raising her arms, she placed her hands on Niloofar's shoulders, gripping them softly, before she embraced the timid girl. Sometimes, what people needed most, was a hug. That's what Ritz firmly believed. Physical contact with others was important to maintain a healthy state of mind, and Niloofar seemed like she needed some of it.

"Let's join the others at banquet." Ritz whispered, letting go of the girl and taking a step back, quietly hoping she didn't upset Niloofar by being so forward.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sun May 31, 2015 8:12 pm

Esternial wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:

Ritz glanced at the tuning fork, a bit confused about why she showed it to her, and why she was apologising.

"It's fine." She said with a warm smile, glad to see this side of Niloofar. Ritz had always seen her as somewhat unapproachable, but now she seemed to lower her shield, show her vulnerability.

Slowly she edged closer towards Niloofar, a bit cautiously, hoping not to make her feel too uncomfortable. She was pushing deeper into her comfort zone, and when she stopped their faces were barely ten inches apart. Raising her arms, she placed her hands on Niloofar's shoulders, gripping them softly, before she embraced the timid girl. Sometimes, what people needed most, was a hug. That's what Ritz firmly believed. Physical contact with others was important to maintain a healthy state of mind, and Niloofar seemed like she needed some of it.

"Let's join the others at banquet." Ritz whispered, letting go of the girl and taking a step back, quietly hoping she didn't upset Niloofar by being so forward.

The hug certainly took her by surprise, her face turning a luminescent red, flushed over the sudden embrace. Initially, her first instinct was simply pushing her back, but given what happened, she tried hard to resist the temptation, forcing her own arms down instead. She tried to relax, she really did. But she was not used to physical contact, positive or negative.

Finally, as Ritz released her, she tried to give an assuring smile. She was visibly embarrassed, but she wanted to believe Ritz meant well, and smiled in kind.

"Mh," she agreed, stepping back towards the door a bit too quickly, "I'll call my brother."

With that, she paced out, closing the door behind her before her legs began to rush on their own. As she reached the end of the corridor, she could not help but pant. She never felt that awkward before. She could still feel her skin tingle from Ritz's warmth.

"T-That was weird," she mused, "well, at least she wasn't mad. Better call Brother. Hope he hasn't collapsed from exercise. Must be bored to death."

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Kal'Kul Mathel

Postby Saleon » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:22 pm

Kal sat down at one of the the remaining seats at the large communal tables which paralleled each other. They followed down a path which when to a grand podium where kings, or princes, or some form of official, would speak to everyone at the banquet. Kal never found himself to be quite pleasant at these events. The Order did have these every once in a while, but it never felt like a comfortable event amongst friends. They were serious and political. One could not breath without a calculating enemy to note your weakness and terrorize you later with it. He was also not one for rigid back structures and diplomatic backstabbing. Nothing about them sat well with him.

Kal gave out a large sigh. The Silver Hand Academy. Had it been a year ago he would have never accepted the invitation, something so tied with the phantom blade, of course he soon found out what was his love-hate Order of Ashtanar. Ashtanar being a sick priest with a god complex who absconded the truth and based a phony religion off of it. So much of history they blacked out or rewrote that it left him appalled. He couldn't suffer through their fake teachings and shady dealings when he found out. A mysterious archive they never found with the truth in spades on a planet they rarely traveled to, Inside the books and tomes lay such revelations as to end the Order. He knew none would believe him and the corruptions at the top would only get him killed. It was that night which he abandoned the Order, and ran from home... and his own planet. A bitter day, but a day he would never wish to have not had.

The letter itself was quite amazing. well, not the letter itself, but the journey one would've had to take to find the recipient of this document. From his shining planet of hypocrisy, he had found his way hopping world to world until he had made to a small mining planet off of the edge of a star system.

To call it a mining planet might be a misnomer, though. it didn't look like a mining planet. It had one city in the whole surface followed by mines scattered across the surface and within. The city itself seemed to be a fossil, but within resided great scholars amongst the miners. A city with two separate cultures that blended like a marble cake... just a badly made one. The miners often lived in the city while the mines were miles in the distance. He often worked as a miner to scrounge out money in the evenings, and then studied and meditated during the mornings.

So, yes, the letter itself went quite far. Especially with one mailing service to be used outside of mining. It only came every three months and was almost an event in and of itself. He received the letter with an unusual seal he had never seen before. The collection of stamps it had accrued denoted how far it went just to get here, it had one corner which creased, and a slight stain across the back. Quite a journey. As he carefully opened it, he found it to be to Silver Hand Academy, he barely heard of it much at the time, just that it had to do with the phantom blade. He avoided them, as did many members. One of his old friends mentioned it as the premier magic academy, and that "getting in was a miracle. I hear those who get in after school starts get even more of a miracle." He missed him faintly, but securely packaged him in the past and left it on the counter of his room, to be discovered by his parents. The scholars and miners all waved him off that day. He felt slightly embarrassed. It didn't seem such a grand thing to have everybody involved, though the town didn't have that many people.

Kal let out another large sigh. "first day I get here and they tell me we got ourselves a 'field trip.' I don't know whether I should be happy, or sad to not be in school again." he mumbled, "now I'm stuck here in this banquet." Anything that could make his mind trail off into the past like that was not a good thing. He really wished to avoid thinking about it. A moment which would bring his family disgrace and left him with such a distaste for them. Sigh...
Last edited by Saleon on Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Atlannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:17 am

Alfenn emerged from his room a little after everyone else had already left for the banquet.
"Mmm, not tonight," he said to no one in particular, closing the door behind him. Banquets were a common feature of the formal calendar of the Black Cups. Whether someone was being born, dying or accomplishing any one of the myriad of milestones between those two events a banquet was used to mark the occasion and as son the reigning Grand Master Alfenn's presence was mandatory at nearly all of them. So if a banquet came along that he wasn't outright obliged to attend then frankly he couldn't care less. What he did care about was the slight stiffness in his limbs and the half drowsiness that was slowing him down but not quite making him sleepy. It was, he knew, a product of too long spent sitting down and traveling, the short walk up to the resort clearly hadn't been enough to shake it off so he decided to find somewhere secluded to run through some drills. Buckling his sword belt, with both his rapier and dagger attached, around his waist Alfenn stepped out into the balmy evening.

This was certainly an advantage of warmer climates reflected Alfenn, as he made his way unhurriedly away from the building. If he had tried to train outside at night on Narcosa he would've needed a heavy coat and warm underclothes, as it stood he was clad only in a light shirt and comfortable, but sturdy pants. He left the path and went a little ways off into the trees, not far enough to get lost even if he made his way back in the darkness but far enough that he was unlikely to be disturbed and looked up at the sky. The sun was a rapidly shrinking dome and Alfenn judged he had about an hour of twilight before it was properly dark. Hopefully, the boy thought, the moon would be bright tonight. Unsheathing his weapons, Alfenn took up a combat stance and began running through a series of basic drills.
...!?!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse