NATION

PASSWORD

The Vicious Abyss (IC, Dark Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Boomhaueristan
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

The Vicious Abyss (IC, Dark Fantasy)

Postby Boomhaueristan » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:13 pm

OOC+Signups

Your dreams stir, faint images of an unfamiliar land seep into your mind, and before you can truly make them out they simply disappear. You have not known a feeling like this, while hazy images and hushed voices speak to you, a gentle warmth keeps you comfortable. It is as though you are truly awake, but no matter how hard you try, the visions do not cease. Occasionally you hear the sound of thunder, and a commotion, then nothing. Yet while you try to make sense of it all, your mind keeps slipping to something quite unrelated. Finally this trance breaks, and with a single Elven word whispered from ahead, your eyes open.

"Awake, young Champions. Awake and let the All-Fathers warmth reinvigorate your senses and bring clarity to your mind."

You gaze around, you see others all in the same awakened trance as you. Yet ahead of this makeshift group, you see a tall Mage, emitting a strange glow. It is then you realize, the very earth you stand on is aflame. Indeed, as far as you can see great swathes of heat erupt across the landscape. Yet it is not hot, merely comfortable. Whatever strange magic this is, it makes you quite uncomfortable.

"I am, from now on, your guide. I will take us all to our destination in but a moments time. For now let me explain myself, I am Avonkuss, servant of The World-Smith himself. I bring an offer that should interest you all, a quest with rewards greater then mortal minds can imagine. Service in defeating the Abyss that threatens to plague lands unknown, you will face many perils and I cannot promise that you all will survive. However I am sure this is a true test of your skills.

I will give out the details in time. If any of you are not interested in this great offer, let it be known and I will return you to whatever hole I found you."

The great Mage spoke, his voice seemed shrill and unnatural, like a being who long since perished. Yet you recognize him, for indeed it was the mighty Avonkuss from legend. A powerful Mage who could cross the planes of existence and slay dragons but with a bolt of lightning. Yet why would this powerful entity need you, a mere mortal? You wondered intently.

"Very well, if you all are interested in my mighty offer let us go now."

Then, before you knew it, bolts of lightning struck the ground you all stood on. When you regained your senses, you saw a funnel of strange light, that was slowly taking you in it. Your peers themselves were also falling, yet they were no longer in their corporeal forms. They appeared like specters, terrified ghosts who had no idea what was going on. Then you heard the Mage again, and you relaxed and listened.

" 'Tis is merely how I travel my sons, while it may seem slow, no time at all has elapsed. Now I speak of your quest, listen closely. We got to the realm of Trivlolin. An ordinary place, with forests, mountains, and plains. You must head north, to the northern High Kingdom, ruled by High King Curun IV. The High King is in league with darkness, and if his spell is allowed to be cast, unspeakable doom will seep into other realms. He must be slain.

Yet your path will not be short, I will drop you off in the town of Maygen. From there, you must advance north. I cannot aid you directly unless the need is great, so look to your own devices! Now go, and do not fail!"

You fall on your face, a cloud of dust kicks off the ground at your arrival. You regain your composure and look around, the sky is cloudy, and you see that you are on a road just outside of town. Your peers are here, it is time for the party to commence.
Proud service member since 2016
Libcenter
Happy husband and father

Pink Floyd Fans
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pink Floyd Fans » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:35 pm

Well...no sooner have I walked into my chamber ready to call it a day, then I'm in...what was it? Maygen? Gunnarr rubbed his head where he had fallen. He couldn't seem to remember anything anymore. So many things left unsaid back home...might as well forget about that now, I have these guys to tend to.

Gunnarr turns around and sizes up the other three...a confident, young knight, a fox wearing a cloak, and a kindly-looking young man with a beautiful shield.

"Well, another fine mess we've gotten into...should we march out of this dust trap?" Gunnarr calls to nobody in particular.
Last edited by Pink Floyd Fans on Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Portal to the Multiverse