NATION

PASSWORD

Neelings: Cute Fantasy RP (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Neelings: Cute Fantasy RP (OPEN)

Postby Harbertia » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:28 am

A splice of childhood bliss (and more) rolled up in a complete adorable package! Players play as a Neeling; a small animal like creature who inhabits The Kingdom. The Kingdom is a safe land where Neeling's of all kinds live side by side in harmony. Sometimes outsiders stir up trouble, but in general the land is a land of peace.

Neelings
Neelings come in all kinds of shapes, and sizes; from definitively small, to towering. Neelings of the Kingdom are a diverse collection of species resembling animals of our own world; or even a combination of animals. Mostly mammals though a coldblooded minority exists.

The Kingdom
The Kingdom has it's roots in the Dark Era, a time when food was scarce, the land lay dying, and everyone struggled. Most of the rising Neelings of this era fought over the resources that existed; save a small group of hopefuls. The Pilgrims where a group who taught ways counter to the greed, and hate of those around them. They promoted the sharing of resources, and a sense of fellowship; "We are all in this together." on their journey they made many allies who joined them, and upon reaching this valley, a place with abundant nature, they established their home. Over the years, the Neeling's have established a monarchy to represent themselves. Along with a knightly council to defend the land, as outsiders, so use to taking what they want, occasionally make plans to steal from the Neelings by force. Technology wise the Kingdom has what we would consider a mixture of technology. It's primarily a land of medieval activity, however it's not unlikely to stumble upon a steam powered machine, a musket, or even a computer from time to time. It's also adopted something called a 'Token', a coin which can be used when dealing with outsiders, as a reward for effort, or even to trade when something of equal value is absent. Bakeries, Food Courts, and Gaming Centers all accept the Token, and it's introduction has allowed businesses to bloom.

Settlements
  • Discopia: Discopia is an entertainment hub, built around a Dance Club (known as The Disco) that's open 24/7, 7 days a week. Discopia is most alive at night, when the whole city is lit up by various colors. Arcades, and other festive centers have opened up around the Disco Dance Club, and to many the whole place is one none stop party!

The Outsiders and Neighbors of the Kingdom
Those outside the valley are considered less enlightened then those inside. They are believed to be the result of conquests, and greed.

Crocodillia
Crocodillia is a bit of swamp land south of the valley, and near to the coast. The exact politics of the state remain largely unknown though it seems to be under some form of military command, with it's leader being Commander Croc, who twice entered the Kingdom in a bid to take captives for use as a meal. His troops coming in, and nap sacking small mammals. The knights have thus far been able to stop him from succeeding in his attempts.

Character Sheet
Both for signing into the world, and for keeping track of your character.
Code: Select all
[box][b]Name:[/b] (Name Here)
[b]Gender[/b] Boy/Girl
[b]Appearance:[/b]
(Description or image, go for something colorful,with a somewhat cartoonish feel)

[b]Info[/b]
(Write a bit about the character, perhaps give us an idea of the character's personalty, what sort of things does the character like?)

[b][color=#BFBF00]Tokens:[/color][/b] (Everyone is entitled to 200 at start)[/box]

Sample Characters
Name: Sophie
Gender Girl
Appearance:
Sophie is a white, fox like Neeling with pink hair, and pink strips like a tiger. Her tail has a single pink stripe running down the back. She's wearing a vaguely torques shirt with white Hawaiian style flowers on it, and grey pants.

Info
Sophie is an girl who likes the company of friends, she's outgoing, with a modest attitude. She understands the fun in competition, and will be sure to provide a good game.

Tokens: 150

Chapter 1: Discopian Nightmare

(The plot of this one is rather simple, you, and other Neelings have traveled to Discopia for a few weeks of entertainment. However, your fun will be short lived when the forces of Commander Croc strike from hiding, and claim the settlement for Crocodillia. What can a few party goers possible do about it?)
Last edited by Harbertia on Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Saestea
Senator

Founded: Dec 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:46 am

Name: Boxcar the Tree Kangaroo
Gender Boy
Appearance:
Boxcar

Info
Boxcar acts just like the way he looks. One second he's pretty much quiet and out of it. Later, usually after taking sugar, he turns into what one could call a living blender. He often goes after water just to splash about in it, nothing more.
His eyes are white, but he's no blind. They're just really that color. He tends to stare at people and say random things depending on the situation.
He likes soup, rain, marshmallows, blankets, and swimming.

Tokens: (Everyone is entitled to 200 at start)
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:51 am

Saestea wrote:
Name: Boxcar the Tree Kangaroo
Gender Boy
Appearance:
Boxcar

Info
Boxcar acts just like the way he looks. One second he's pretty much quiet and out of it. Later, usually after taking sugar, he turns into what one could call a living blender. He often goes after water just to splash about in it, nothing more.
His eyes are white, but he's no blind. They're just really that color. He tends to stare at people and say random things depending on the situation.
He likes soup, rain, marshmallows, blankets, and swimming.

Tokens: (Everyone is entitled to 200 at start)

hmhmhmh hahaha eh, It's nice to have this character :)

Welcome :lol:
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:37 pm

We're gonna need a few more players. If we have three rather diverse characters join I'll get the IC going a little early, though I'd like to go for a group of five additional characters.
Tomorrow is made today.

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:00 am

Hmmm...
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:24 am

Saestea wrote:Hmmm...

I've added a sample character to the OP post (and am considering playing her). The sample should help I think. The hardest part about making an app for me has finding a decent image. Though an image is not required so I also added a description to give applicants an idea of how they might describe their character's appearance.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:09 am

I have a lot of sources from which to get appearances for characters. e.o So many.
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:04 pm

Ahh, also. Should we not get enough players? Would we still start off? >.< I want to play as a crazy character for once.
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:35 pm

Saestea wrote:Ahh, also. Should we not get enough players? Would we still start off? >.< I want to play as a crazy character for once.

It'd be sort of like- I could make it work. I can't give my word that I will if we don't get enough, as I can understand why many have not applied for this RP. In addition, I am working with a few other RPs, and am willing to drop this one should the number of players not be reached. I know I could always use some of the Neelings floating around in my head for the cast, though that'd largely be like my self playing with my self, and lead to rather long posts being made on the IC.
Tomorrow is made today.

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:38 am

Ehh. Oh, oh! Wait, I know someone who might be interested.
Last edited by Saestea on Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:46 am

Mmph... He's on too many RPs to join new ones. >.<
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:17 pm

That's alright... I'm sure someone will get involved. This would make a nice little series of chapters, and events.
Last edited by Harbertia on Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse