NATION

PASSWORD

Forge of Empires - AH RP [IC/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Forge of Empires - AH RP [IC/Open]

Postby Bujahla » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:37 am

1836 AH RP
Links: OOC | Map | Number Map
Lesser Links: HRE Map | PIL Map | Japan Map | Factbook

OP Board:
- OP - Bujahla
- Vice-OP - Caltarania
- Co-OP's - The Kingdom of Glitter, Neros, Liecthenbourg

RP Description:
One of the longest wars in history with one of the great impacts was the 100 Years War. Fought between the English and French, it left no stone in history unturned when the Anglo-Burgundy alliance defeated the French and result in the glorious establishment of the Anglois and Burgundy nations. Over time, the world changed drastically due to this victory. The Kingdom of Castile merged with Portugal and Aragon remained independent to contest for the waves of the med-sea with Genoa and Venice. In the fourth crusade, things took a turn for the worse spelling the demise of the Ottomans and Byzantines. Resulting in the rise of the Mamelukes, a divided Greece, Crusader state in Turkey, and the Empire of Nova Roma in Brazil, that event changed the world almost as much as the 100 Years War. Beyond this, the Russian Empire Colonized the west coast of America much earlier on as it was uncontested. Eventually, their colony went free and has been expanding ever East in the goal of reaching the Atlantic. Many native states still exist as well with limited colonization on the European's part. Without a Napoleon, the Holy Roman Empire continues to exist as it is dominated by Bavaria. Italy, while divided, is starting on the path towards unification with the Pan-Italian League. In this world, Christendom is ruled by Catholicism and Orthodoxy alone. In the 16th Century the pope held the "Great Christian Compromise" inviting many cardinals, archbishops, monarchs, and protestants including Luther and Calvin.

Now, the world stands at 1836. Where will you take your nation? Will you be the one to unite the German states? Perhaps Italy? Will you dominate the balkans as Serbia? Go coast to coast as Russian-America? Stop European colonization as the Zulu or Swhali? Perhaps you will launch the world into republicanism with your own Napoleon? Will you kindle the spirit of your people and forge and empire of greatness?
Last edited by Bujahla on Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:55 am

1st January, 1836

BADENESE NOBILITY EXPRESSES WISHES FOR A GERMAN STATE
In a recent meeting of Badenese officials in the city of Karlsruhe, several nobles of
the state mentioned their joint wishes for a Pan-German state. It is unknown to us at
this time of the reaction from the Holy Roman Emperor or the other Germanic states.

PROFITS RISE
FLEET MISSING
MEXICA DAWN
The Royal Burgundian Stock Exchange
A Hanseatic Trading Fleet has gone missing
A Pro-Aztec independence movement called
in Amsterdam makes record high profits.
and is suspected to have landed in Zululand.
'Mexica Dawn' has been founded in New Spain.

DAKSINESE ELECTIONS
SOKOT NOBLE MAD
JAPANESE GUNS
The Presidential elections have begun
One of the leading nobles of the Sokot
5,000 Firearms arrive in Japan as a personal gift from
in the United Republic of Daksina.
Confederacy denounces it's government.
the CEO of the Bavarian 'Friedmann Arms' company.

IRISH DRUNKARDS
VICTORIA'S SECRET
BORDER DISPUTE
Four Irishmen in Dublin were arrested
Princess Victoria, in an exclusive interview,
Iroquois hunters venture far into
for driving carriages under the influence.
tells us about her travels in Yindu and Asia.
Huron territory, causing disturbance.
Last edited by Caltarania on Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:45 am, edited 7 times in total.
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Sveltlana
Minister

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sveltlana » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:43 pm

DEN STORA | THE GREAT
Konungariket Sverige | Kingdom of Sweden

Chapter One - Ultima Ratio Regum

It was a young, crisp morning in Stockholm when the Military Procurer General left the Stockholm Palace on his black carriage. Four horses pulled his carriage across the street, which had just now seen the first Swedes leave their homes and out to work. The driver made the horses dance through the streets of the bustling city, turning this way and that with remarkable speed. Some people jumped out of the way as the carriage drove by, while others watched confounded as it dashed through the city. Now they drove next to the coast of the Baltic Sea, offering a spectacular view of what seemed to be a sea that did not end.

"Here we are!" cried the driver above the clatter of the horses' hooves as the carriage reached a large brick building. Its walls, however, were elegantly decorated in the latest French fashion, showing splendid cornices and arches throughout the structure. It had a large amount of windows, but many of them were closed, and didn't offer any clue as to what was inside. On the door, however, was a sign. Rumbeldt & Sons, Metalworking Industries. The Procurer stepped out of the carriage and thanked the driver, and proceeded to walk inside. The door was open, and a mere push was enough to allow him into the building.

Before him stood a large open space. The roof was taller than it seemed on the outside, and allowed for a plentiful amount of space for a warehouse to accommodate supplies. Crates stood next to each other in a very organized way, although their contents could not be seen. Closer to him, however, stood a long file of iron devices with individual blankets over each. The procurer smiled.

"Ah, mister Procurer!" Cried a man as he walked out of a small room and into the open space. "It is a pleasure to have you here!"

"The pleasure is mine, Mr. Rumbeldt. How's your daughter?"

"Getting better, thank you sir. Here they are... see them?" Rumbeldy pointed to the long file. "Counted individually, there's ten of them. Aren't they magnificent?"

"I don't know. Let me see them."

Rumbeldt pulled each of the blankets away individually as he walked across the floor. He revealed ten identical iron cannon, all of them plain. They were of standard 12-iber caliber. The long file of twelve-pounder barrels stood in an orderly file, suspended on top of wooden pallets.

"Magnificent!" Cried the Procurer. "They will certainly do. When will we test them out in the field?"

"You can have them by the week, sir. Their limber and gear are already finished, I am just waiting for their arrival. In fact, it may be today. Then, we will assemble them and provide them directly to you, sir."

"Excellent, excellent."

"Yes, sir. By the week you shall have them!"

"Excellent. That will be all— no. The King gave me this. You are to inscribe this message in all of these cannon."

"Which message?"

"Written on-" the procurer dug his hand into his pocket. "-this paper. Here, take it."

Rumbeldt took the paper.

ULTIMA RATIO REGUM

He stood dumbfounded, staring at the paper, as the procurer walked away.

"Mister Procurer, wait!" The Procurer turned. "What is this? Is this a joke? A joke at my expense?"

"It's an order, sir" answered the Procurer with a hateful glance. "And if you don't do it, then I'll find someone who will."

"Aye sir. Aye, please, I will do as you speak. Pardon my foolishness."

"Good to hear. The sooner they're ready, the better."

"Yes, sir. Thank you sir."

Chapter Two - The House of Rising Sun

"You see that house over there, lad? That house over there is the House of Dawn. Ain't it a sight?"

"It is. Why would such a pretty house be built here?"

"The Tsar, lad. The Tsar used to come here during summer to hunt elk on his fancy horse with his fancy retinue."

"That's only a legend."

"Aye. But legends have some truth in them. Come, lad. Let's see the bastard."

The two men continued walking towards the house. It was built at the top of a hill close to Helsinki. It was a sight to see - painted in the exterior of faux marble in both white and green tones. As they walked closer, they began to see the decoration that the house had - it had been built in a baroque style. The building looked beautiful with snow around it. A large porch was built at the front of the house, built in the same style. As their heavy boots stamped on it, they knew it was built out of wood rather than stone.

The older man opened the door.

"It is a pleasure, Erik!" He cried to the man sitting on the table before him.

"The pleasure is mine!" Rose the other. He was dressed in the uniform of a Swedish general, although it looked to be worn. Over it he wore a heavy overcoat to protect himself from the cold. They embraced for a short while as old friends, and then the General stepped back. "May I invite you to a beer?"

"Of course. Here, let me take it. Ah, feels great to be seated at last."

"Indeed. How is life?"

"Excellent, excellent. But let us avoid idle banter."

"Idle banter? Are we not friends?"

"We are. But right now, we're military men."

"Aye. Have you brought the skirmishers?"

"Yes, sir. Troubling reports. It may result that we may be needed up North to wage our King's war."

"Our King's war?"

"Haven't you heard, General? Perhaps the skirmishers are faster than the royal messenger in this damn cold."

"Ha. Don't question it."

"Oscar is preparing the armed forces to attack Denmark. The news must be halfway across the world now, it's no secret."

"And how is it that my enemy knows my superior's plan before I, his subordinate, do?"

"The cold, sir. Are you comfortable in this house? We're leaving soon."

"Aye."
Last edited by Sveltlana on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 9 times in total.
ASTURIAS STRONK

Now, mortal, you have made the mistake of opening Pandora's Box. What evils have you unleashed upon the Earth?

Me, Svet lol good one svet
Me, Svet
: ikr svet it was pretty good

-- Politics --
Fuck that.

Senka: [about me] "You are a deplorable reactionary fascist cockroach with no hope of redemption who should be condemned to burn with the rest of the plutocratic imperialist stooges in the cleansing atomic fire of the righteous."

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:05 pm

The Kingdom of Scots
The Flying Scotsman

A drawing of Holyrood Palace

The yearly Hogmanay celebrations were just coming to a close in the city of Edinburgh. King Robert and his family has returned to the Hoolyrood Palace for the night and the people of Edinburgh would be hear singing Auld Lang Syne into the early hours of the morning. Hogmanay was a special time for the Scots back in the Homeland, along with those in the colonies. It was a time to remember the days gone by, those with whom they were shared, and a time to hope for a better future. The Scots had much to remember of course. After all, they had managed to create a colonial empire larger than most ever expected. With their recent successes in the Spice Isles and the colonization of New Lothian, Scotland was about to enter an age of prosperity like never before.

Many hoped the New Year would bring more success to the Kingdom, and King Robert and his Prime Minister had planned to deliver.

The Flying Scotsman on its first run from Edinburgh to Glasgow, circa 1836

Scottish inventors, financially backed by King Robert and Earl Seaforth along with other Scottish nobility, had just finished something the investors hoped would become a Jewel of Scotland. The Flying Scotsman had finally been completed and was ready to be tested. It was completed by the Ferguson & MacDouglas Company at their Works outside Edinburgh. It was fairly long project and the people of Scotland were waiting in anticipation for the first run. It's first run would be from Edinburgh to Glasgow, running from the capital of the Kingdom to her most populous city. The engine was expected to travel faster between destinations, and it would live up to the expectations the Scots had for it.

On board was King Robert, the Royal Family, Earl Seaforth, other nobility, government officials, and prominent Scots, and the inventors, alongside lucky members of the public. The Royals and other important passengers would ride in the first three enclosed passenger carriages with the public in the four open carriages behind them. The last carriage held the crew of the train. The Flying Scotsman left Edinburgh and arrived successfully in Glasgow. Upon arrival, it was met with a celebration from the citizens of Glasgow to commemorate the accomplishment. Hundreds of citizens flooded the platforms and streets surrounding the train station and bagpipes could be heard as the train pulled in.

A second locomotive named The Bruce was commissioned by the investors as a result of the roaring success of the first, and King Robert hoped this would start a new era of transportation within his realm, and it looked like his wish would be granted.

The Princeton Settlement in the New Caledonia Colony

The capital of New Caledonia was Kingston, the largest settlement on the island. Home to an estimated 9,500 thousand of the colonists that lived there, it was by far the most developed city as well. It was the seat of the colonial government, which for the moment consisted of the Colonial Governor, appointed by the King, and a council of four colonists. These five men would decide the fate of the youngest Scottish colony, and many had high hopes for New Caledonia.

North of the island lied untapped native lands, of which the Colonial Government planned to claim for their own. A ship of 1,200 new colonists was expected to arrive form the Homeland and the Colonial Government decided to send them to the island north of their own. The settlement of Princeton was built by the old colonists in union with the new settlers and it was home to a population of 850 citizens, with an additional 250 soldiers being stationed at Fort Saint Margaret's which was constructed next to the new settlement. Future expansion was later planned, but for now only the Southern Tip of the island was occupied by Scottish settlers. Aid from the Royal Scots Army stationed in Scottish Malaysia would be need to take the rest of the island, as it would put New Caledonia in direct contact with the Hegemony of the Ngā Rauru. It was hoped peaceful expansion could be achieved, but that was of course unsure to the Colonial government.

The Colonial Flag of Scottish Malaysia

The largest of the Scottish Colonies was Scottish Malaysia, located in the Spice Isles and at the bottom of the Malay Peninsula. The Colonial Government there was quite large due to the population of the colony. Military presence was rather high, at least as per the colonies. One thing the Scots made sure of was that the Royal Scots Army in Malaysia had members of the native peoples within it. Leadership was shared between the native populace and the Scottish colonists in both the military and the Colonial Government. The colony was going to begin the process of becoming a Federal Subject within the coming year. This would make it equal in rights to New Scotland Colony and the Eilean an t-Siùcair Colony. It would have its own legislature, which would oversee the government of the colony. The Colonial Government would still be in power, but his rights would be heavily restricted and would mainly act as the King's representative in the colony. It would be a long process, but one more than worthwhile in the long term.

State Street in Saint Andrew's, Albany

News of the new borders disputed between the Huron and the Iroquois had reached the ear of Colonial Governor James Cambpell. This was of course commonplace between the two as their often informal and unorganized borders easily lead to bloody disputes over who held jurisdiction over them. Governor Cambpell was an expansionist, and had been pushing for expansion into native lands for some time. He had hoped to use this border dispute to help push New Scottish claims on Iroquois territory.

Cambpell was a representative of the Sovereign, and similar to the King he was given control over the New Scottish Royal Militia. Within the militia were 10,000 fully trained, full time soldiers. Governor Cambpell, staying within the jurisdiction of his powers, decided to order 6,000 of the soldiers to the Iroquois-New Scottish border. New Kintail bordered the Iroquois land, and that's where the men would be stationed. Cambpell said "If these Natives wish to dispute the borders that separate them, so be it. But I'll be damned if I let their disputes spill into New Kintail. For that reason, I am dispatching these men. May God protect them in their noble quest."

Cambpell could not take action against the Iroquois without permission from King Robert, who could not grant the Declaration of War without permission from the Scottish Parliament. For that reason, he dispatched a letter for his Motherland, that was destined to arrive at the desk of the King.

From the Office of the Colonial Governor of New Scotland
Governor James Campbell

Dear King Robert,

I write to you to inform you of the recent occurrences in our fair colony. Recently, the Huron and Iroquois tribes have started again with their vile border disputes. I most certainly fear that if the Iroquois are successful with their actions against the Huron, they will extend their aggression towards New Kintail. For that reason, I have sent 6,000 men to protect our border and they await further orders.

As you know, our colony lays claim to Iroquois land, and I believe this would be the right time to claim that land in your glorious name.

For that reason, I request you speak before the House of Stewards and request a declaration of war against the Iroquois. After all, it is better to strike these warring savages before they strike us.

Please consider my request, as it would greatly benefit the loyal subjects of the colony I am so very privileged to oversee.

Your's Faithfully,
James Campbell
Colonial Governor of New Scotland
Last edited by The Kingdom of Glitter on Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:21 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:43 pm

Аляскинский федерация
A Destiny's Manifestation
Chapter 1: A Campaign and a Destiny

Vigov Party runs four candidates
Novomoscow, Alyaska | January 7th

It was going to be the 6th election for the nation, and the parties were getting ready. Alyaska had two major parties the Vigov Party (Vigi-plural) and the Demokrat Party(Demokraty) and both were vesting for power. In 1813, the regency was taken up by Peter Volkov until the first election 1816. From there he held the presidency for two terms. He wasn't of a party, but the following president, Timur Putin, was of the Vigov Party. After his two terms, Andrei Ivanovich won the election as a member of the Demokrat Party. From the start he supported a policy of a manifestation destiny, but was never public about it. He'd been waiting for the opportunity, and he saw it was soon.

On January 7th, the Vigov party knew they were in fear of loosing the election. Public support for Ivanovich was almost as high as it was for Peter Volkov. The Vigov party had no one that could compete with him at the nation level. They did have one trick up their sleeve, however. The party announced that they would be running four candidates without primaries with a different man for each region. One for the Pacific, one for the south-western region, one for Kaliforniya, and one for the plains. Each to have a person, they hoped they'd win each region and toss it up to the Senate to vote for winner. This plan would give hope to Ivanovich. By announcing this, he believed he would win the election without true contest. Thus, he wouldn't fall into the trap of a lame duck in the election year.

A Hunting Accident in Luiziana Territory
Memfis, Luiziana | February 23rd

On February 23rd, a group of hunters went out at dawn that morning ready for a long day on the road. Well not necessarily the road as there was hardly any in the Luiziana territory, but the hunt. They were ready for a long day on the hunt. A noble hunt indeed, the small group of petty huntsmen, they had no idea the wealth of danger they'd be put in that day. Within a couple hours, the group was far away from their usual territory, but still within the bounds of the territory. But not everyone thought that.

By noon the group would stop for lunch. So far they'd had caught some squirrels and a pheasant or two, nothing the bags couldn't hold. They were, however, looking to find something greater. And so they would. When the group was stopped, they were spotted by a group of natives. But these weren't any natives, these were the Shawnee. A native nation, a confederacy, they were much more powerful than the other tribal nations like the Ottawa. But either way, they were still weren't strong enough to be challenging the Alaskans. They ambushed the hunting group when one of the members caught wind of the natives while out pissing. It wasn't as smooth as they had hoped for. Of the Alaskans, only two escaped. They'd head back to the town of Memfis and warn the authorities of the incident.

Word would make it back to Novomoscow and the government would be furious. The territory with the Shawnee was set when the Luiziana territory was founded. To go so far outside of the border was unthinkable Ivanovich. His predecessor, Putin, worked hard to secure the eastern border, and Andrei knew that. Now would be his opportunity for his manifest destiny.

Ivanovich would gather support for the idea of sending an ultimatum to the Shawnee. It enlisted some ridiculous terms namely concessions and land rights to immigrants. Ivan knew they would never agree. These were the terms that Putin could never get them to agree on. It would never work and congress knew that. With a Demokrat held congress, Ivanovich was worried about nothing.They'd deny the ultimatum and congress would vote in favor of war with the Shawnee. And so, it was done. The ultimatum was sent out and the response was returned by April 19th. During this time a small force of 3,000 soldiers and 1,000 cavalry from was sent to Memfis to prepare for the inevitable.
Last edited by Bujahla on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

Aden Protectorate
Senator

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:40 pm

Moscow
Empire of All the Russias

01 of January, In the Year of Our Lord

Chapter One: A New Monarch

The candles that illuminate the Moscow are a sight to see. Almost person in the city holds a candle, supplied by the many street vendors that line the street. Harassing the walkers like vultures attacking a carcass, the walkers ignore them. Continuing forward in a solemn procession towards the Kremlin. Where they will witness the coronation of the new Emperor, Nicholas the First, Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias and Tsar. As they march they chant songs, the overall effect is a eerie but serene scene.

His coronation is to be held in the Red Square, to accommodate as many people as possible. They file in surrounding an elaborate stage which had been setup so that it's back is to the Kremlin. On the stage sit the Patriarch of Moscow, the one who shall administer the ceremony. To his left is the future Emperor and his wife.

The crowds first begin to stream in, and slowly the flow ebbs to a stop. On all sides of the square there are Police, armed for any disturbances that may be caused. The Patriarch rises, and raises his hand for silence. Slowly an anticipatory hush falls over the crowd. The crown-bearer, an Orthodox priest who stands to the Left of the Patriarch bows to the Patriarch and hands him the Crown. The light from the candles illuminates the hundreds of Diamonds that stud the crown.
Royal Crown.

Nicholas, who has been standing, dressed in the regalia of a monarch, the Royal Mantle, in his hands he wields the scepter and the Globus Cruciger the symbols of Royal Authority and his divine right to rule as Emperor, Tsar and Autocrat. He kneels before the Patriarch and recites his oath, to the nation, to the people and to God.

Once he has completed the oath the patriarch declares: "You, by the power vested in me as officiator of this ceremony, Nicholas Pavlovich Romanov are hereby crowned Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias. Long live the Emperor!"

The crowd breaks out into a cheer. And the party commences. A long table is laid out in the middle of the square, with people able to eat and drink for free. Staffed by the Imperial cooks the food is plentiful and seemingly endless. The Emperor and the Empress mingle with the people, escorted by their guards. Once they have completed their royal tour around the city the enter the Kremlin.

With the newly crowned Emperor mounting his throne, and his beloved wife sat down right next to him. There he was greeted by the Cabinet, the nobility and other important figures. The Emperor was polite and kind too each one, though he would turn to his wife after reviewing a few guests with comments like: "We will have to move him somewhere else." or "He needs to go." etc.

The feast afterwords was gigantic, but was cooked by a separate set of imperial cooks than the ones who had cooked the meals in the Square. They had been ordered to retire for the night and take a week long vacation. The feast was attended by the most powerful personalities in the realm. The Emperor and the Empress decided to retire much earlier than usual. They had a lot of work to do the next day.
Last edited by Aden Protectorate on Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:55 pm

The Holy Roman Empire
The Kingdom of Bavaria

Munich, The Kingdom of Bavaria.
The Imperial Palace was grand indeed. Built of the finest materials and designed with Renaissance flare made it an incredibly unique site just on the outskirts of Munich. Today was a unique day, with many illustrious carriages of black, white and dark blue pulled by four horses each were upon the grounds of the building. Many of the servants had wondered why, but they were soon informed by the Emperor's valet, Heinrich Boerster, that the various heads of states of the Holy Roman Empire had arrived for a meeting. He also informed them that the eighteenth carriage belonged to a Mr Friedmann.

The assembled individuals had all gathered in the dinning hall, sitting around the immense table with the Emperor and Empress at one end and Chancellor Husbeck at the other. First they had dined on many courses, swan, beef, pork, lamb, vegetables and other delicious meals but they were not allowed to drink alcohol, for they had many things to speak of. After which they had all stood and began singing the anthem of the Empire "Gott und Kaiser". After the beautiful lyrical masterpiece was finished, they pulled back their chairs. Now Frederick remained standing before he gave a warm smile.

"Friends" he began, holding both arms behind his back. "I trust you all know why I have called for you here." Each member nodded with Albert, Duke of Cologne, responding for his peers.

"To discuss matters of the Empire, your grace."

"Correct" Frederick replied, motioning for Husbeck to speak whilst he himself seated. The Chancellor stood up, pulling back his white gloves and adjusting his monocle. He pushed his chair under the table and clapsed his hands firmly together.

"As all of you know, especially you your excellency." A hand was gestured towards the Duke of Baden. "That nobles of Baden have expressed interest to form a united Germany, a united Empire. What are your thoughts, sirs?" Murmuring began amongsts the rulers, no one willing to express their opinions first. However, much to the shock of all, John "The Blind", King of Pomerania stood up and inhaled sharply.

"My Emperor" a gesture to the door was done. "My friends" one to the table. "And my lady" a final gesture to the butler was given. "These nobles, whilst I am sure are intelligent individuals, do not know of what they speak. Not the Romans, Goths or Charlemagne could unite the Germans! It is madness and I don't see the point."

The opinions of the various rulers kept on being presented, until only the leaders of Milan, Oldenburg, Bohemia, Genoa and Wurttemburg had to give their input.
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:31 pm

Serenissima Repubblica di Genova

HRE MEETING

Doge Remei di Savona stood amongst the murmuring.

"My noble princes and serene doges, I may not be a prince, and may not rule a German state, but do not wish to see a united Germany. As Duke John has said, nobody has ever united the Germans, and I doubt that anybody ever will. For as long as the Great Holy Roman Empire exists all we need is the leadership of our Emperor and we will persevere through all. It is an unnecessary struggle to go through, and it will cost much. Lives in rebellions, money for paying the nobles and troops, and perhaps even the integrity of our Empire. I do not believe that a German State would benefit any, even those in the state." He finished, and sat back down. Now he whispered to his adviser next to him. "And it would cost us much of our trade if the Germans united, wouldn't it?" He said, and his adviser nodded.

Another Genovese fleet of trading vessels and some frigates had arrives in Casablanca. They would sail south to Spanish Sahara and then south more the visit the Sokot Confederacy. For centuries they have always given the best price for gold and slaves(I assume that's still a thing), and the Genovese had stocked up on European goods, such as guns and cannon, for the Sokot always traded for weapons, even the small amount the Genovese brought. In Casablanca the traders were welcomed warmly, as always, and they resupplied their food and water there, and traded some goods at the marketplace. Soon they left again, and in Spanish Sahara was a very desolate place. The settlers lived through hardships unimagined by the wealthy merchants on board, but it wasn't them that the settlers related to. The crew members of the ship had many friends in the colony, and they were the reason that Spanish Sahara was a great stopping point for Genovese. They went through the same cycle as Casablanca, restocking their mostly full reserves, trading a bit, and moving on.

The coast of Central Africa is not as harsh as Spanish Sahara, but the natives only ever accepted new Europeans when they had something to trade and didn't kill anyone. With some trade and some empty compliments, the merchants and soldiers were allowed to make camp on the coast. About 200 lived in the settlement, and the crew and soldiers got to work making homes for the wealthy, and then for themselves. Eventually the camp was fortified and all was well, the game in the forests and plains, while a little dangerous, was easily killed with the right European weapons... Although the soldiers and hunters did learn a bit from observing native tribesmen. Finally, after three months of hard work, the first expedition inland to the Sokot was made. seventeen soldiers along with twenty armed crewmembers (who pulled the carts, as the horses died when brought inland) and eleven merchants made it to Sokot. There they traded with the kings and chiefs and the local merchants. The mission was a success! They brought back carts of gold, copper, and salt. Once in the colony of Terra Remei, the merchants (and to a lesser extent the soldiers and crew) got their gold and copper, the excess, which was still enough to spark the interest of the Doge, and salt was sent back to Genova with the frigates on high alert.

Terra Remei was so far a success, and it would only grow.
Last edited by Reatra on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yee haw it's time for mass line

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:55 am

The Dual Kingdom of England and France
Le Dual-Uni de l'Angleterre et de la France

"Dieu et mon Droit."

Audio Track: I Vow to Thee, My Country

London, England
1st January 1836

A new year had dawned upon the entwined states of England and France. It had been one thousand eight hundred and thirty six years since the year of our Lord, Jesus Christ. New Year celebrations across the nation had drawn to a close, and the weary populace of London, or as it was officially referred to 'Middlesex', began to awaken and set off for their days work. Artisans, butchers, soldiers and politicians; All matters of workmanship were performed in this city - the capital of a nation. Of course, it was actually only half of a capital; With 'Ile-de-France' or 'Paris' making up the other half. Nevertheless, the streets of London were crammed full of citizens. Newspaper boys cried "Extra, extra!" - oftentimes swiftly followed by "Supplémentaire, supplémentaire!" - while the pitter patter clunking sound of horse hooves could be heard as they gracefully directed their carriages down both the narrow and open streets. Indeed, London was 'The City That Never Sleeps'; as famously paraphrased by the Genoan-born London author Napoleon Bonaparte.

This year, especially, was one that would be remembered in history as a glorious day for London and indeed all of the Dual Kingdom. Construction on the 'London and Greenwich Railway' or the 'London et Greenwich Ferroviaire' was nearly completed, and it was expected to open it's first section in Feburary. It would be the first of many things for the Dual Kingdom; The first steam railway in the dual-capital, the first railway to be built specifically for passengers, and the first elevated railway. Furthermore, as King Richard IV's health deteriorates, his daughter - Princess Victoria - is being prepared to walk in her fathers footsteps, and to lead the Dual Kingdom into a new era; perhaps one which even uses her name in honour of her rule. Indeed, 1836 and the years which followed would forever be remembered in the hearts of all who call themselves Anglois as the beginning of a new era.

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:10 pm

The Duchy of Milan
Duke Henry Victor

Florence, Florentine Republic

Two male figures walked the banks of the Arno as sun set in the middle of the sky. One man was given a rather amazed and respected look by some of the Florentines; the other, none. The man so respected was a local business leader and newspaper owner, Pietro de Medici. His company was a foreign man from Milan. Antonio Sforza was the Baron of Monferrato and a cousin of the Duke of Milan. He was a member of the Milanese Council sent to conduct business in Florence to assure that the Republic came under Milanese control. He now counseled with his nephew Pietro. They turned into a private apartment in which to conduct their business.

"The business is taken care of, the lots have been seen to," Antonio remarked.

"Then it is settled, I am going to be the Gonfaloniere?" Pietro replied.

"No, we had to leave some other Priores' names in so as to not seem completely controlled. I would say that there is a rather likely chance that you will govern Florence, yes."

"Oh, bless you uncl-"

"On the condition," the Baron interrupted "that you swear your fealty to the Duke of Milan. He will be ascended to a King, and you a hereditary Duke."

"But...uncle, that seems quite...wrong and suspicious." Pietro remarked, confused.

"Indeed. Blood may be shed. But that was the price that your grandfather, his father, and the many fathers before him were willing to pay. You are a Medici, Pietro, you are already practically Duke of Florence."

"Uncle Antonio, I..."

"If you do not accept, then we will find someone who will. You have a duty to your family, Pietro. I expect you to do it. Am I understood?"

"Yes, Uncle."

Munich

Duke Henry Victor waited until the Genoan Doge finished.

"Quite wow, very yes," the young Duke said in support of the Doge. "The Duchy of Milan, while in loving compassion and strength in our German brethren, cannot support the union of all German states. If all of the constituent German members were to be consolidated under one crown, then the Empire would become a German state with Italian puppets. I believe I speak firmly for my Italian comrades when I say that us Italians not only believe it an impossible task, but a disrespectful task to those in Italy and in the Pan-Italian League."

Photana
Senator

Founded: Jun 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Photana » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:54 pm

The Republic of Nieuwekust

The Cherokee Frontier

Karl Jenifi was a hunter. He was also hunted.

Karl had gone over the border, unintentionally, while tracking a deer. He'd lost the trail soon after crossing the border, but picked up a new trail, except these weren't the footprint of an animal, but a man. Two men, to be accurate. He realized his mistake when he heard them talking - speaking in Cherokee. What is worse is that they weren't heading away from him.

These men were getting closer.

Thoughts racing, Karl snuck into some nearby foliage and waited with baited breath. If he was found, he would be taken, or worse - shot. He had heard the tales of these fiercely independent Natives, how thoroughly they knew and patrolled their lands, how they often attacked border hamlets, and how they took the scalps of their foes as gruesome prizes. Just thinking about what might happen got Karl's heart racing as fast as his thoughts. His inner panic only increased as the voices got closer.

What calmed him was sitting by his side. His hunting rifle offered decent protection, if he could shoot one of the Natives, maybe the other would turn and run, maybe that could work! So, he slowly began to stand, and as the the voices passed him, took aim, using the branches of the tree to steady his aim. He took a deep breath, took aim, and then the forest heard thunder, but with no rain.

Two men ran out of the woods that day, one was a Cherokee hunter, coming back from a successful deer hunt, his counter-part was a Nieuwekuster named Karl, who failed at his deer hunt, but succeeded in his hunt for the most dangerous game - Man.

Scenes such as this were common along the frontiers of Nieuwekust, especially as more settlements fogged the borders. But this was the final straw for some. Unfortunately for the poor souls about to be expended, these war hawks were also in the Triumvirate. Three days after the Cherokee Woods Incident, as the press in Nieuwekust called it, two of the three Triumvirate leaders called for war. Nieuwekust, they reasoned, had a right to these lands, and that the killings had to be put to an end. And the only way to end that, they reasoned, was to force the Cherokee off the lands, and open them up for more civilized people.

And with that, the Army of the Center was commanded to cross the border, into the Cherokee League, and the Nieuwekuster-Cherokee War began.
AH, PMT, some FT.

Your test scores indicate that you are an open-minded ultra-progressive; this is the political profile one might associate with a journalist. It appears that you are skeptical towards religion, and have a generally optimistic attitude towards humanity in general.
Your attitudes towards economics appear neither committedly capitalist nor socialist, and combined with your social attitudes this creates the picture of someone who would generally be described as a liberal.
To round out the picture you appear to be, political preference aside, a considerate idealistic egalitarian with many strong convictions.

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:00 pm

State of La Plata
Libertad o Muerte!
Liberty or Death!

City of San Martin, National Province

The mansion of El Libertador was central to the cities' architecture, providing a stark rise above the rest of the feeble-minded villas and buildings, gleaming with immaculate marble and it's symbolism evoking that of the ancient Greeks and Romans. The building struck a note of the value of Republicanism, but also of power and authority. A soft, tranquil state seemed to envelope the palace, whose name was simply the Supreme Director's Mansion, but was more commonly known as "La Catedral Nacional", or National Cathedral, for it's revered, holy-like place of power within the nation. It's innards contained vast show rooms and dignified arrangements for guests and the housekeeping alike, as well as the office and personal residence of the Supreme Director, José de San Martín, whose unofficial title was Caudillo, which derived from the Latin words meaning "head", a symbolic expression for El Libertador's uncontested position of authority over the State.

His power was for good, though. Unlike other men, El Libertador seemed unphased by his reign over the nation, and simply made his decisions based upon the will of the people through various gauges of public opinion. Open polls, forums, and the like provided the people with an outlet for their concerns and wishes, which were even heard in small, rural communities by a systematic process of bureaucracy designed to carry their voice from the mountains of the Andes to the shores of Buenos Aries. José de San Martín was scribbling upon some scratch paper, perhaps a new book or poem he had constructed, but his eyes seemed to follow another letter on his hardwood desk, kept neat and clean of clutter by doing his job daily.

"Mr. Director." A stern, yet tired, voice called out, who was flanking San Martín, peering over his shoulder at the work he was doing. "Your signature is needed on the Granadine Document."

"I'm well aware, Mr. Vargas." San Martín finished a few more lines on his document, still scanning the paperwork from the Grenadine Embassy. The product of months of negations, a document of non-aggression and mutual defense between La Plata and the Granadine Confederation. There some other clauses thrown in, but that was about the jist of it. San Martín was pleased at this development, as his long-gamble had finally begun to pay off. A plan he had in motion for decades while in power, he has built a tool for his purposes and amassed a cult following - his readership strong through Latin America and even in Europe, his ideas a significant foundation for a different set of Republican values designed for the empowerment of the masses. He saw it in a dream when he was campaigning for the Castilleans, and saw it in action during the May Revolution. He has steadily built a nation on his own merits, his disciplines becoming a tested product to be followed and emulated, but he knew that only he could accomplish such feats as this, under San Martinism.

Quickly, he moved his pen across the document, his name etching itself into history once more as he signed the Treaty of Dual Alliance, pledging his nation towards that of the Granadines, and them to his own. He had finally taken care of a major obstacle in his grand strategy, and was now free to pursue the goal he had set for the nation, and according to the people, they too demanded this undertaking. He cared little for the developments in Europe that did not directly concern his own state, and is commanded by the people to govern how the best way in which they believe it is to be done. El Libertador was more than happy to oblige them, but he must keep a wedge between two other powers before he can achieve the Conquest of the Desert, and end the vicious Dutch-Native raids against Platine husbandry and agriculture shipments from the south. San Martín rose from his desk, clasping his hands behind his back, and peered out of his bay window. "Mr. Vargas, how is the Army movements coming along?"

"They have already reached their destinations and posts. A call for a renewed conscription will begin soon, and we are certain the armed militias will be the first to answer the call." Rudolfo Vargas, a senior advisor and analyst for the Supreme Director, answered, a bit monotone but with a hint of affection.

"So then, what numbers can we for see in the coming weeks?"

"One hundred thousand each month. The first few rounds from experienced militia brigades, while the next will be from genuine conscript forces."

Supreme Director José de San Martín clicked his tongue a bit. "This is a fine coincidence, then. Our newest ships shall arrive within the month, we can have the crews manned and the vessel operating in time for the coming war."

"War, you say?" Vargas said, peering at the Supreme Director. "If that is the case, should we warn the Civil Office and the National Congress of La Plata's danger?"

Without turning towards his advisor, San Martín gave his answer, still looking through the window, a lush park being his main view. "No, La Plata is the danger."

Aden Protectorate
Senator

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:17 pm

Moscow
Empire of All the Russias

30 of April, In the Year of Our Lord

Chapter Two: The Plot

The Emperor sat at his private breakfast table in the Kremlin of Moscow. He was having a relatively modest breakfast, for a monarch, quail from White Russia, bread baked in the ovens in the Palace's kitchen, buttered with raspberry jam, eggs from the vendor down the street, fresh borscht, made this morning, and beautiful fried potatoes.

The room was modest, painted a white, with elegant tables made of mahogany where situated in each of the four corners, with little collections of objects on them. One had model ships, the other maps and compasses, another had a few books, and another had little wooden figurines on it. The figurines depicted ballerinas in made leap, soldiers, children, an Orthodox priest, the mythical Witch Baba Yaga and even a Dragon.
One of the luscious palace rooms.

There was one painting in the room, it was off the Battle of the Aluetians, a famous Naval battle between the Alaskyan and Russian forces. Which the Russians had one, the battle sunk most of the Alaskyan navy, it halted a Russian defeat, and paved the way to a truce three months later. It depicted two ships their masts blowing in the cold, Sub-Arctic wind. One ship, the one flying the Russian flag is firing a cannonball into the Alaskyan one, which is aflame.

Sitting across from the Emperor is his wife. His children having already eaten and cleared their plates, where off playing with some of their friends in the palace park. The Emperor was reading the latest copy of a foreign newspaper he had been brought from somewhere, which was not of his concern at the moment.

What had gripped his attention had been the front headline. Which declared "BADENESE NOBILITY EXPRESSES WISHES FOR A GERMAN STATE". This was a major concern for Nicholas, the HRE, dominated by Bavaria and the Germans was already enough of the problem, them and the Pan-Italian League.

He hoped that the Holy Roman Emperor had some sense about him not to pursue this idea. Russia for one would never allow such a State to be created, he knew many other leaders who express the same sentiment. Until he received news that the Holy Roman Emperor was even considering it, he would not write to them against it.

Nothing else interested him. except for Japan, the shipment of rifles could be a problem. But Japan was so feudal and backward that it really did not make sense to be worried. His wife was having luncheon with her friends, so she was going to prepare one of the parlors. They exchanged kisses and parted their separate ways.

As he strolled through the long corridors and hallways he pondered a question that had captivated him for days. What type of legacy would he leave behind? His brother was a reformer, a man of words, his fathers reign had been overshadowed by his grandmother, who had ruled Russia during and commanded its Zenith of power and prestige.

He entered his office. Where he would conduct all his business from. In their he was greeted by his Minister of Transport, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and the Minister of War, Petrov Noskalnakov, Alexei Platon-Zubov and Nicholas Shuvalov. He walked in and closed the door quietly behind him. And hung up his coat on the coat rack. They where standing over a map. Once they heard him enter they turned and saluted.

He saluted back. Picking up a chair and sitting in front of the map he asked them.

"What do you have for me today gentlemen?"

His Minister of Transport spoke. He was a meek man, very small and dainty. With little silver spectacles resting on his crooked nose. And with a white droopy moustache sitting on his upper lip.

"Myself and the Under-Minister have drawn up a proposal to connect St. Petersburg to Vladivostok in Siberia. In case of war in the East these rail links could help us transport valuable goods. And it will allow us to access the resources out there in even quicker."

"Could this not be done with the existing Uralsk to Ulaanbaatar line?" Replied the Emperor.

"Unfortunately that line is no longer efficient and has fallen into disuse. Plus we could expand our communication options with our commanders and governors in the East."

"I see. How much would such a railway cost?"

"Myself and the Under-Minister would like to request 20,000,000 Roubles (512,820,512.82) for the construction of the railway. With the possibility for renewal f the funds are exhausted."

"Excellent. The funds will be supplied. I place the project fully in the competent hands of the Ministry of Transport."

The Minister looked stunned that the Emperor had granted his request so simply. The Emperor turned to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and the Minister of War.

"And what have you got for me?"

The Minister of Foreign Affairs replied.

"Your majesty, the Conference of the Holy Roman Empire is marking a turning point for the Romans. They are growing stronger, and soon I fear they may make efforts to unify with the Pan-Italian League. I have two proposals, one we must sandwich the HRE. I suggest an alliance with the Burgundian's or possibly even the Anglois."

"Secondly, the Baltic is one of our most important naval ports, unfortunately even though our fleet is the strongest in Northern Europe our control over the Baltic is not absolute. We must counter this, Estland is occupied by the Danish, perhaps we could persuade Sweden into allying themselves with us against them."

"Another thing we have to worry about is Courland and the Hanseatic City of Riga. The Eastern most tentacle of the Holy Roman Empire, they are both to say the least weak, and they are Orthodox lands ruled by Catholic puppets. If they do not accept our sovereignty then we can send an army."

The Minister of the Army piped in.

"But we will need an ally within the Empire to support us. Our else no one will be able to oppose the Wrath of the Empire. If we have an ally we can divide the Empire into two camps and stall them."

Which solicited an interjection by the Minister of Foreign Affairs.

"Why not Bohemia? They openly oppose the Bavarian domination the Empire and they could be a valuable ally in our future endeavors in Eastern Europe."

"I agree. With all of those points, I shall write a dispatch to Bohemia which I shall propose an alliance to them. As for Courland and Riga, to the former I shall demand they accept Michael Pavlovich, Prince of Romanov and Grand Prince of Armenia as the Duke of Courland. As for the latter I shall incorporate them into the Empire under charter as a Free City, gradually annexing them.

Coat of Arms of the Empire of All the Russias

Имперская Диспетчерская
    Imperskaya Dispetcherskaya
    Imperial Dispatch

О Предмете Альянса
    O Predmete Al'yansa
    On the Subject of an Alliance

By the Grace of God, Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias, Moscow, Kiev, Vladimir, Novgorod; Tsar of Kazan, Tsar of Astrakhan, Tsar of Siberia, Tsar of Chersonese Taurian, Tsar of Georgia; Lord of Pskov and Grand Prince of Smolensk, Volhynia, Podolia, Finland; Prince of Semigalia, Samogitia, Belostok, Karelia, Tver, Yugorsky land, Perm, Vyatka, Bolgar and others; Lord and Grand Prince of Nizhny Nogorod, Chernigov, Ryazan, Polotsk, Rostov, Yaroslavl, Belozersk, Udorsky land, Obdorsk, Kondia, Vitebsk, Mstislav, and all of the northern countries Master; and Lord of Iberia, Kartli, and Kabardia lands and Armenian provinces; Circassian and Mountainous Princes and their Hereditary Lord and Owner; Lord of Turkestan

To: The Government of the Kingdom of Bohemia
    From: The Desk of the Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias, Nicholas Pavlovich Romanov I
    Codification: Top Secret

To the Imperial Diet and the Imperial Government;

Your majesty,

Myself and the government in Moscow would like, considering the historical ties between our nations, and our mutual goals, we would like to propose an alliance between each other.

We would like to propose in this alliance, which we would like to remain under the utmost veils of secrecy, a treaty of mutual collaboration, in military, political and diplomatic endeavours.

We both, as it is known share contempt for the current situation, order and status quo within the Holy Roman Empire. I believe that via mutual cooperation we can edit this to our mutual benefits.

Please respond with haste,

Coat of Arms of the Empire of All the Russias

Имперская Диспетчерская
    Imperskaya Dispetcherskaya
    Imperial Dispatch

Принятие Российской Cуверенитете
    Prinyatiye Rossiyskoy Suverenitete
    Acceptance of Russian Sovereignity

By the Grace of God, Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias, Moscow, Kiev, Vladimir, Novgorod; Tsar of Kazan, Tsar of Astrakhan, Tsar of Siberia, Tsar of Chersonese Taurian, Tsar of Georgia; Lord of Pskov and Grand Prince of Smolensk, Volhynia, Podolia, Finland; Prince of Semigalia, Samogitia, Belostok, Karelia, Tver, Yugorsky land, Perm, Vyatka, Bolgar and others; Lord and Grand Prince of Nizhny Nogorod, Chernigov, Ryazan, Polotsk, Rostov, Yaroslavl, Belozersk, Udorsky land, Obdorsk, Kondia, Vitebsk, Mstislav, and all of the northern countries Master; and Lord of Iberia, Kartli, and Kabardia lands and Armenian provinces; Circassian and Mountainous Princes and their Hereditary Lord and Owner; Lord of Turkestan

To: The Ducal Diet and People of the Duchy of Courland
    From: The Desk of the Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias, Nicholas Pavlovich Romanov I
    Codification: Open

To the Imperial Diet and the Imperial Government;

Thee people and the Diet,

The government of the Empire of All the Russias hereby demands that the Duke of the Duchy of Courland resign, in conjunction with the Ducal Diet of the Duchy of Courland name Prince Michael Pavolvich, Prince of Romanov and Grand Prince of Armenia as sovereign of the Duchy of Courland.

For too long the Orthodox people of Courland have been bound by the chains of slavery imposed by their masters. The people of Courland are Slavs, and it is time that they where ruled by Slavs, not by German princes sent from Munich.

We hereby issue this ultimatum with an expectation of an response within the next 48 hours.

Please respond with haste,

Last edited by Aden Protectorate on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:03 am, edited 4 times in total.

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:19 pm

The Kingdom of Scots
What to do about Macau?

The Colonial Flag of Macau under Scottish Rule

Scotland held the great city of Macau, the prize of the Whiskey Wars, fought between Scotland and her allies against the Chinese years ago. It was of course an important city, and a jewel in the Crown of the Scottish Empire. However, it was impractical for the Scots to hold. If the Chinese decided to invade Macau, the city would easily be overrun and the Scots would have a very hard time retaking it.

King Robert saw it better to sell Macau and use that money to grow New Caledonia and Scottish Malaysia. He met with Earl Seaforth to discuss his proposition, and after meeting with other government officials, it was decided that Macau would be sold to another European nation.

Macau had yet to begin the process of becoming a Federal Subject, and was far from it. The Colonial Governor held total control over Macau, so the Scots would be empathetic to the deal. Besides, it would be portrayed as a way to further grow the Scottish Empire, something that would benefit the nation in the long term. Besides, the Scots would later become distracted with North America.

King Robert wrote a letter, with the help of Earl Seaforth and other government officials, addressed to the heads of state of the European nations that held colonies. The Auction of Macau would begin shortly.

From the Office of the King of Scots
His Grace Robert IV

Dear Leader,

I write to you to inform you of the decision to put the Scottish Colonial of Macau up at auction.

I believe it is in the best interests of my people to sell the colony to a different nation. My people and my government do not recognize Macau as an integral part of Scotland or her Empire, and for that reason we believe it is in our best interests to sell the colony. It is simply not inline with the goals of my government or my people for Scotia to maintain the colony any further.

I would like to announce we will be holding an auction in the great city of Edinburgh on the 12th of June. Please feel free to either attend the auction yourself or send a representative if you are interested in purchasing the colony. The nation that bids the highest shall win, and jurisdiction over Macau shall be transferred to them.

Please respond to my letter if you would like to attend, and may God bless you and your peoples.

Sincerely,
Robert IV
King of Scots

King Robert had also received news from the Colonial Governor of New Scotland, Governor James Campbell. He had requested permission to take offensive action against the Iroquois Nation in order to protect the New Scottish border that the Iroquois shared with New Kintail. The King had no interest in seeing the borders of New Kintail ravished by the Natives, and after all New Scotland had laid claims to land held by the Iroquois. He was convinced by Governor Campbell to request a Declaration of War from Parliament.

He spoke before the House of Stewards and requested a Declaration of War upon the Iroquois Nation, and his request was granted. A motion was put forth before the House of Stewards, approved by the House of Chiefs, and signed by the King.

Scotland was now at war with the Iroquois, and King Robert sent a letter to Governor Campbell informing him of the king's decision.

His Grace Robert IV

Dear Governor Campbell,

I will not let the savages ransack the properties of my loyal subjects in New Kintail, and it is in our best interests to ensure that will never happen. For that reason, I spoke before Parliament in favor of your proposal.

Parliament has voted and a Declaration of War against the Iroquois Nation has been granted and signed by myself. We will be sending over supplies, of course. But your men should be able to overwhelm the Iroquois quite easily.

I wish you and your men the best of luck in your campaigns against the Iroquois, but I must ask that the Iroquois peoples that do not take arms up against Scotland are unharmed and treated fairly. We would want them to do the same for our peoples, and it is only fair that we keep in mind they are also God's children.

May God bless you and New Scotland.

Sincerely,
Robert IV
King of Scots

One thing Colonial Governors did not need permission for was to expand into land deemed "uncivilized" by the Scottish government. The Sultanate of Brunei lied in between the Scottish holdings on Borneo. It had yet to be claimed in the name of the Scottish Crown, and the Colonial Governor wished to change that. He mustered up a force of 17,000 men and slowly sent them towards the Sultanate. His men invaded the uncivilized Sultanate in the name of "God, Civility, and Crown", the justification of all Scottish endeavors against Natives since the early seventeenth century, and first headed for the Sultanate's capital, Bandar Seri Begawan.

Once the Royal Scots Malaysian Guard arrived in the capital and informed the Sultan they had no intentions of violently oppressing the Brunei peoples, but rather planned on offering them "technological wonders beyond the Sultan's wildest dreams" and "protection from the looming dangers of Europe", the Sultan decided to merge his Sultanate with Scottish Malaysia.

The Sultanate would be granted autonomy within the Colony and would only have to adopt a few Scottish Colonial polices, the rest would be up to vote in the newly formed Senate of the Sultanate, with ten members being appointed by the Sultan and the Colonial Governor of Scottish Malaysia, each appointing five of their own. Over time, the plan was to introduce democratic elections and expand the Senate of the Sultanate, but that would take time.

But for now, Scottish Malaysia had grown, and the Colonial Governor had plans to further expand his colony.

Saint Andrew's Street, Kingston, New Caledonia.

With the successful establishment of Princeton, it was decided by the Colonial Governor that more expansion into the Northern Isle was due. He sent our the regiments stationed at Fort Saint Margret's, who claimed the name in the land of the Scottish Crown, the cry of "God, Civility, and Crown" being heard once more.

Since the establishment of Princeton, the population had now grown to 1,357. As more and more colonists arrived from the Homeland, and with some arriving from Scottish Malaysia, the Colonial Governor decided to offer up free lands in the newly claimed territories. It was a success, an an estimated 3,500 people began to migrate to the new lands, establishing new settlements, the largest given the name Perth, after the city back in the Homeland.

The Colonial Governor still had plans to expand farther into the North Isle, and his next plan was the most ambitious of all of his thus far. It would give his colony a direct border with the Ngā Rauru peoples. In order to expand, he would need more men. He would send a letter to the Colonial Governor of Scottish Malaysia, Neil MacLean, requesting aide against the Ngā Rauru.

From the Office of the Colonial Governor of New Caledonia
Governor Thomas MacCrory

Dear Governor MacLean,

As you know I am the proud governor of New Caledonia, the ever expanding colony to the southeast of yours. We are finally colonizing the North Isle of New Caledonia, but to further expand we run into an issue. On the North Isle lies a group of natives known as the Ngā Rauru. They stand in our way of colonizing further, and if we wish to share a border with them, we need more men.

For that reason, I request you send 750 men to my colony in order to help us subdue these native savages.

Sincerely,
Thomas MacCrory
Colonial Governor of New Caledonia

Governor Campbell was sitting at his desk at the State House in Saint Andrew's when he was informed of the Declaration of War against the Iroquois Nation.

Scotland was at war, as per his request.

Campbell felt a sense of pride, as he had successfully managed to convince his Liege to petition Parliament for war. He would ensure New Scotland would see glory, at the expense of the Iroquois. He would ensure border disputes between New Kintail and the Iroquois Nation would never erupt, and he would put an end to them before they could begin.

He wrote to his general overseeing the 6,000 men sitting on the border. Upon hearing the Governor's word, the General would march across the border, and begin fighting the Iroquois on the field of battle.

From the Office of the Colonial Governor of New Scotland
Governor James Campbell

Dear General MacGregor,

The King has successfully petitioned Parliament, we are now at war with the Iroquois nation.

His Grace had one request, however. He has requested that " the Iroquois peoples that do not take arms up against Scotland are unharmed and treated fairly. We would want them to do the same for our peoples, and it is only fair that we keep in mind they are also God's children."

Therefore, I must ask you to carry out His Grace's wishes, and leave those who do not take up arms against Scotland unharmed.

May God bless you and your men in your noble campaigns against the Iroquois. And may you be successful in the name of God, Civility, and Crown.

Sincerely,
James Campbell
Colonial Governor of New Scotland

Last edited by The Kingdom of Glitter on Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:45 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Aldelxane
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aldelxane » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:02 pm

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Nagarīmōkṣa, U.R.D

After months of campaigning, and still more months of collecting the ballots, the e election of Daksina's new Jatigaida was over. The winner was Vikram Deraiya of the DPP (Daksinese Progressive Party), more aggressive than his DFCP (Daksinese Free Conservative Party) predecessor Sankar Chaudhri in terms of foreign policy.

Campaigning with the ideas of territorial expansion, increased trade, and lower restrictions on immigration, Deraiya coasted to victory in the election, giving the DPP control of both the Prime Minister and the Jatigaida. In favor of expansion, Deraiya intended to begin the conquest of nearby small islands, as well as the largest and nearest island to Daksina.

This would require the deployment of Daksinese troops, but the new Jatigaida believed that the benefits of the resources of new lands would outweigh the costs. With a majority on the National Council, and the Prime Minister in agreement, this would not be too difficult to carry out. Also [/sub]on his agenda was the solidification of Daksinese claims on and the mapping on the nations desert interior.

Deraiya traversed the short distance along the Kyāpiṭala Bīthikā (capitol boulevard) from the Ēra Ghara Jatigaida, escorted by six Daksinese soldiers, to the hall of the National Council, which also contained the offices of Councilman Akhil Iyer, majority leader in the Assembly. Scattered around the Kyāpiṭala Bīthikā were officers of the Nagarīmōkṣa police, screening the street for any trouble. Only one Jatigaida had ever been assassinated, and in 1778, but it was best to not take chances.

On arrival, the Jatigaida knocked on the door of the Prime Ministers office, and minutes later the door swung open, revealing a short, bespectacled, middle aged man with a small mustache, who could be none other than Akhil Iyer.
10 minutes later, Deraiya was finally wrapping up his statements. "And so, I believe that for the betterment of Daksina, a vote on the colonization of the islands lying to the north of Daksina would be beneficial."

Iyer nodded. "I will present your ideas before the Assembly. With luck, the Senate will come to vote on it as well." Deraiya thanked him, and left, soldiers in tow. According to the Daksinese constitution, only a Councilman can submit a bill before the Assembly or the Senate. Due to this, Jatigaidas throughout Daksinese history generally speak to a sympathetic Councilman, who then presents it before the legislature. With his party in control of the Assembly, and with an allied coalition in the Senate, the Jatigaida's thoughts would likely translate into action.
Last edited by Aldelxane on Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:26 pm

State of La Plata
Libertad o Muerte!
Liberty or Death!

City of Buenos Aries, Buenos Aries Province

The waves gently caressed the mighty ports of La Plata's greatest city, ships from around the world coming and going from her majesty as they pleased, with the proper customs of course. Being the outlet for trade from the lush Platine Pampas, Buenos Aries enjoyed a great deal of political power and importance in the history of La Plata, and has recently taken on the title of La París de Sudamérica, the Paris of South America, for it's beauty and vibrant culture. The railroad system of La Plata has most of it's terminals at the port as well, providing for an efficient transfer of goods and people between the city and the pastures. To top all of that off, the port was one of the busiest for immigration anywhere in the world.

Clutching his suitcase in one hand and his daughter's hand in the other, an Italian man stood in a rather quick moving line, his wife and son behind him as well. The air was slightly mild, but enjoyable for the wintertime, much better than his old home in the Swiss Alps. He was looking around the port, a marvelously designed system in place to regulate the flow of people and goods into not just the city, but the entire country. He was surprised at the level of development in the Western Hemisphere, but was not ignorant of the reasons behind La Plata's success. He had managed to read the translated versions of Jose de San Martin's writings, and even managed to get ahold of the Spanish versions so that he could begin to grasp the language better. Needless to say, he was soon swept up in the culture of La Plata, and fled his homeland in to escape the political squabbles of the continent, and to take advantage of La Plata's easy citizenship laws and settlement plans.

He stepped up to a counter, and handed the man behind the desk a few pieces of paper, for all of his family. In some broken Spanish, he said "Es bueno estar en la Plata." [It is good to be in La Plata.] With a grin. The man behind the counter returned his smile, stamping the papers with an official seal. The man behind the counter responded in Italian, to the shock and almost embarrassment of the Italian man.

"E 'davvero buono. Si prega di procedere alla tenda medica per l'esame." [It is good indeed. Please proceed to the medical tent for examination.] The Italian man nodded, and followed some others to an open park-like area down the way, and stood in another line to be examined and documented. Some ways in the distance, a man stood upon a soapbox and spoke through a mega horn. The Italian man began to listen intently, being able to listen to Spanish easier than he could speak it.

"Supreme Director San Martin has authorized the National Army to advance at the Rio Negro! Conscription Stations will be open to take new Reservists! Defend the nation against Native attacks, and return Patagonia to it's rightful place under Platine control! Join the National Army!" People clustered around him nodded in agreement, and the mega horn man continued on with his news. "The Settlement Program has been extended! New European arrivals and Platines alike will be given opportunity to settle and farm new lands for next to nothing!"

The Italian liked the sound of that last bit of news, but had become distracted and saw he was next in line. "Come forward." A doctor said, tired from seeing a vast number of new arrivals. He proceeded to quickly invade the Italian's privacy, mouth, nose, and any other orifice that could contain some medical emergency. "Right then, you and your family are healthy and ready to go to settlement. Any declarations, name changes or the like?" The Italian man thought deeply for a moment, before giving an answer.

"I was born Feliciano Michele Benedetti in Milan, but I shall die in La Plata as Felix Benedict, with my family."

March 18, 1836

NATIONAL ARMY AT THE RÍO NEGRO!

The National Army of La Plata has taken up larger positions along the Río Negro, which serves as the border between occupied Patagonia and La Plata proper. A move orchestrated by Platine ranchers to end the threat of Mapuche raids against their cattle and crops, pressure is beginning to be applied at the Andean border to gain the rightfully Platine Patagonia from the treacherous ex-Dutch. A second Army is taking up positions in Norte Chico, directly against the Patagonie capital at St. James. Supreme Director José de San Martín is to take up command of the National Army at the Río Negro in the next few weeks.
Last edited by Neros on Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:54 pm

Koninkryk Bourgondië
Royaume d'Arles
Kingdom of Burgundy

Burgundy was a dying nation. Not in the sense of the Ottomans and Byzantines, who witnessed their end as they slaughtered one another while the Italians watched with greedy eyes, or in the sense of the French, conquered as a whole by a foreign king, but in the sense of it's identity. Once, centuries ago, it had become one of the most centralised and powerful kingdoms in Europe, but that period had long since passed.

Today, it was Europe's most powerful plutocracy.

Unlike most maps and encyclopaedias and newspaper articles might have one believe, the nerve centre and beating heart of Burgundy was not in Dijon. Rather, it was in Antwerp, where the people spoke Dutch, dressed modestly, and above all, made stacks upon stacks of that most wonderful object in what might, for a quirk of history, have been called a most Calvinist fashion; money.

Antwerp's Daalder was on a high, the reserve currency of kings backed by massive fleets and northern business sense, and it swirled along the nation in the form of bigger boats, more crafts, larger numbers and, for the city of Amsterdam and it's (in)famous stock exchange, the loudest peal of bells that had been heard above the city for years. Everything was up; Tulips, Spices, the East, and West India Companies (not to mention the Africa companies) and if one listened closely enough, one might have heard the clinking of coins in Old Amsterdam.

All of this was very pleasing news for Antwerp's Stathouder, the man whose discrete rectangular office in the City of Gold held the greatest executive powers of all of Low Germany. Mr. Naaktgeboren was a man of humble origins, the son of a tavernkeeper in Zeeland who rose to prominence in the provincial government after making himself chief of the Groen Brothers' shipping company, and from behind his partner desk he smiled quietly and lit himself a pipe, the smoke puffing out above his short brown beard.

Arnoud Kelteringhe, a clean-shaved youth from Friesland, was his assistant, and sat opposite him on the desk.

"I sold you on that railway, didn't I, sir?" Kelteringhe remarked, laying out a map which marked the route between Antwerp and Liège. "Estimates say we've generated up to half a million, and that isn't even including revenue from increased trade."

Naaktgeboren was no fool; he knew that the youth was buttering him up for another ploy, possibly similar to the rail line that they'd set up back in 1834. Thus far, however, Kelteringhe had found himself in favour; his plans had worked out this far. "Yes, that's true," he replies solemnly, nodding and gesturing at the stock reports. "This just came in from the Amsterdam Exchange. Everything seems to be getting better and better."

"Well, sir," Kelteringhe began, "I have good news and bad news."

Naaktgeboren frowned slightly. "Bad news first, then."

"The line between here and Liège needs some reworking," Kelteringhe announced. "There's no major problems, but one of the engineers was using Munich feet as opposed to Dijon feet, so part of the tracks needs reworking."

"Why didn't we notice this before?" Naaktgeboren demanded.

"There's only a minor difference between Munich and Dijon measurements, sir," Kelteringhe replied. "Or so I'm told, and the wheelbase of the locomotive cars is slightly variable for export purposes. It's by luck that it was spotted now, because it could have become problematic in the long term. The line's efficiency will be cut by about a third for a month."

The Stathouder nodded, frowning quietly. "And the good news?"

"The King's granted us permission to open the Northern and Western lines, towards Ghent and Utrecht, although I strongly recommend completing the Eastern line towards Limburg's coal mines first of all," Kelteringhe smiled quietly. "And the East India Company intends to put out a bid on Macau, with Royal assistance."

"Well," Naaktgeboren mused, "I suppose the King has his uses after all. Thank you for the report, Arnoud. You may go."

Palais De Bourgogne, Dijon, Royaume d'Arles

Dijon may long since have ceased to be the true beating heart of Burgundy and it's Empire, but it nonetheless remained an important city in the sense that it held the residence of His Highness the King, Rudolph V, and of the rest of the Royal Family. Unlike many of the other Royal Houses of Europe, the Burgundians were limited not only by the possibility of insurrection, but also by the laws of the land themselves. In Low Germany the King held almost no power, in the colonies he held none, and even in Burgundy proper the States-General kept him from launching wars and taking actions too extreme for their taste.

Nonetheless, kingship still had its moments, as it did now.

Kingdom of Burgundy
From His Majesty the King,
Rudolph V

To His Highness, King Robert IV of Scots,

Greetings and good health to you, Robert, and may God smile on you and your sons. I am writing this letter in connection with the recent announcement of the Sale of Macau, to inform you that we will send a delegation to observe the auction- and hopefully outbid the competition.

In addition, we would like to share with you the information that our East India Company intends to send a mission to Bali, so as to encourage acceptance of the Word of God there and spread the power of commerce to the islands.

Kindest Regards,

Rudolph. King of Burgundy, Protector of Low Germany.

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:38 pm

20th March, 1836

RICHARD GEORGE LOUIS PLANTAGENET DECLARED DEAD
After a near-year of illness, the great King of the Dual Kingdom has
finally met his demise. As many in the Dual Kingdom and indeed the
world will mourn, we can all say this; Rest in Peace, King Richard IV.

POPE GIVES PRAISE
ALGERIAN UPRISING
MACAU TROUBLES
The Pope in Rome has given praise to the
Algerian patriots have started an uprising
Scottish Traders in Macau oppose the transfer
leaders of Europe for maintaining peace.
in the Aragonese-held city of Algiers.
of the city and have taken to the streets.

COLONY ATTACK
UNIDAD FORMED
TIBETAN TROOPS
The Genoese trading colony in West Africa
Spanish loyalists in Cuba have formed a
After a firefight with some Bhutanese rebels,
has come under attack from the natives.
group named 'Unidad' promoting unity.
Tibetan troops gather on the Bhutanese border.

MUNICH PUTSCH
BEETHOVEN'S FUNERAL
FARMERS KILLED
A drunk Austrian leading a so-called-protest
5th Symphony was heard being played backwards
Granadine farmers in Panama are killed
in Munich has been arrested by police.
near his grave. Some say he was decomposing.
on accident by Granadine soldiers.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:48 pm

The Holy Roman Empire
The Kingdom of Bavaria

Munich, The Kingdom of Bavaria
"I was well aware of this outcome, my friends. I merely wished to see your opinions" Frederick replied, smiling wildly. "You are all respectable individuals, highly intelligent men within the Holy Roman Empire. This Empire is held by our love for tradition. We are brothers in arms gentlemen, we stand together when Europe herself comes to fight us and we push her back into place with a good ol' smacking like the whore she is!" The heads of state sat talking well into the evening. They spoke of politics, alliances, women and what not. Soon however, each individual returned to his carriage to be returned home. The only people left within the grand dinning hall were Mr Friedmann, the Duke of Baden, Chancellor Husbeck, Empress Anna and Emperor Frederick.

"Mr Friedmann" Husbeck began as he poured himself a glass of beer. "How go your exploits in the isles of Japan?"

Friedmann smiled his famous smile, holding his top hat over his chest and twisting his monocle ever so slightly. "5,000 of the most effective weapons we could manufacture have been sent to the Imperial Majesty of Japan. We are preparing a second and third shipment carrying cannon and more guns respectively. We hope that the Japanese will find these weapons most effective and we can slowly be an arms producer for them."

"Good, good" Husbeck replied. "I merely request you keep us informed is all, Sir. You may now leave."

The buisness man bowed and put on his top hat before he left the grand hall making haste for his carriage. Now the remaining four individuals sat much closer than their previous seating arrangement. They sat in silence, generally enjoying their beverages. Soon however, the Emperor broke the silence.

"Duke Dietfried"

"Yes, your Grace?"

"You are Pro-Unification."

"...How did you know, my Emperor?"

"You said nothing during the topic."

"... I mean no offence, your grace. I just... I"

"Do not fret, Duke. I am Pro-Unification myself. I just merely did not wish to cause an uproar. Now, I must ask you this. Unifying must start somewhere, will you be willing to let Baden join Bavaria so that the unification may start somewhere? I know this is a lot of you, but your nobles seem to want it, you want it and I want it. I could provide you with a position in the Cabinet if you would like, just let me know now."

What will Duke say!
1. Yes.
2. No.

RNG Says!: 1

Done by moi.
Approved by Caltarania

"My Emperor" the Duke responded after a long period of silence. "It would bring me great happiness and a great pride if the Duchy of Baden was to join with the Kingdom of Bavaria as the starting point of German Unification. I shall head to my Duchy and begin the necessary preparations, I shall inform the nobles, and such and once I am done I shall proceed to inform you."

"Excellent. You are a true German, my friend. Long may the German people reign on this Earth."

"Long may they reign."

The Imperial Palace was a buzz with activity. Servants had been up late; cleaning, washing, cooking breakfast and preparing the rooms for proper use. All was normal but as Frederick descended down the main grand staircase his valet had opened the large oaken doors a good 10 metres away from the stairs feet. In rushed a man, bowing before the Emperor before extending a hand forward rapidly. The Emperor raised his left eyebrow before taking the letter, noticing the Green Seal of the Duke of Courland. He grabbed his penknife, slitting the the wax and drawing forth the contents. Within a few minutes he was visibly shaking. He clutched the letter in his hand and returned to the study were he began to write letters.

To: Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias, Nicholas Pavlovich Romanov
From: Frederick IV, by the Grace of God, of the Holy Roman Empire and all her Rightful Holdings, Emperor. Head of House Wittelsbach, Heir of Charlemagne, King of Bavaria, Sovereign of Northern Italy, Lord Protector of the Swiss, Count of Trient, Emperor of all the Germans and Protector of the Papacy

Greetings fellow sovereign. The Duke of Courland, a most noble man under my protection and part of the Glorious Holy Roman Empire has informed me that you seek to deny him of his rightful lands under the most false claim that the "Orthodox Majority" are being oppressed. You are incorrect there, my good fellow Monarch. There is no Orthodox Majortity in Courland and the vast majority of the people adhere to the Roman Catholic Faith.

I request that you stop your insult to my authority and leave Courland be.

To: My Fellow Heads of State of the Holy Roman Empire
From: Frederick IV, by the Grace of God, of the Holy Roman Empire and all her Rightful Holdings, Emperor. Head of House Wittelsbach, Heir of Charlemagne, King of Bavaria, Sovereign of Northern Italy, Lord Protector of the Swiss, Count of Trient, Emperor of all the Germans and Protector of the Papacy

My friends! Russia dares defy the Holy Roman Empire by threatening her territories: In this case, it is Noble Courland. I have sent him, the Lord of the Russians a letter informing him to cease his insolence. If this fails, I command you, as faithful servants of the Holy Roman Empire to take up arms with me as we march on the Russians to defy them the right to step on the individual states of the Holy Roman Empire. United we stand, together we fall.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Valentir » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:56 pm

Chancellor's Office, Prague, Kingdom of Bohemia

High Chancellor Klaus Fitz-Oesterlen sat at his desk, a cup of tea in his hand. He took of sip of the warm beverage, the sweet liquid running down his throat. He sit the cup down and began to shift through the various letters and papers piled high on his desk. He went through many until he found one of particular interest. A letter that had arrived just today. Klaus was most curious of this letter, for it bore the Russian Seal. He broke the seal and began to read through it. The offer was very tempting, a secret alliance with Russia. This could be the alliance that would see Bohemia free of the HRE once and for all. As leader of the Nationalist Faction Klaus would be hounded by his fellow Nationalists if he didn't accept it. Without thought he wrote a response. With Russia at his back Klaus could launch his plans for a Separatist movement. He finished his response and, in a great hurry, went to see the letter off. On his way out he left the door open. As he sped down the hallway a servant walked in. She began to clean up any trash and started to sweep. As she moved towards the desk she say the letter from the Russians. She hesitated to take it, but finally she folded the letter and stuffed it down her dress. The servant left the room in great haste, walking down to the office of a certain Imperialist.....

Office of the First Senator of Prague, Prague, Kingdom of Bohemia

First Senator Valentin var Emreis, First Senator of Prague and High Ambassador of the King, sat at the dining table in his office. Opposite of him was the King himself, Charles III. Beside Valentin sat his wife, Victoria. Rarely did the King dine with other senators, but Valentin was a close ally of the King, a trusted advisor, and veteran politician and diplomat. Tonight they dined on fine wines for the vineyards of Bohemia, sweet and red, quail hunted from the ponds of the Palace, roasted in garlic and crushed herbs, served with mushrooms in melted butter and garlic, steamed vegetables, and beef and bacon pies. It was all cooked by the personal chefs of the Royal Family. The young couple and their guest dug in, eating and chatting. Finally the subject of Chancellor Klaus and the Nationalists came up. "So, as leader of the Imperial Faction, I take it you do not trust High Chancellor Klaus," asked the King.

Valentin nodded, "I don't, your majesty. His nationalists would see Bohemia left without the protection of the Empire. Poland and Serbia, they are strong, and without the empire they would already be targeting us. Not to mention that Klaus's policies are only harming the economy."

"His policies harming the economy? The economy is growing, at a great rate, Senator Valentin."

"Because I have taken many actions and have worked tirelessly to ensure that Klaus's policies fail. Your majesty I have been your advisor for a longtime. Klaus is not to be trusted."

"I suppose you know best." The King took a sip of his wine and began to eat again. The room was quiet for a little while until there was a faint knock at the door. "Enter," shouted Valentin. A small head peeped through the door. It was a servant girl, though not just any servant girl, a servant girl in Valentin's pocket. "Your majesty, your Honour, my lady. I'm sorry to disturb you, but I have a letter from Chancellor Klaus's office. It is rather worrying." She took the letter out of her dress and handed it to Valentin, her hand shaking. "She is frightened my love," exclaimed Victoria.
"Take her to our chambers and make her a cup of tea." Victoria nodded and she and the servant left the room. Valentin opened the letter and began to read. His eyes lit up. The Russian Seal. "Well, your majesty, it appears I was right. We shouldn't trust Klaus."

To: The Russian Government
From: The Office of High Chancellor Klaus Fitz-Oesterlen of Bohemia

Dear Tsar Nicholas,
Your offer is very interesting. For nearly a century now Bohemia has been under the shadow of the Holy Roman Empire. I seek to free it from Imperial Shackles. While my King may not wish to see Bohemia free from the Holy Roman Empire, Many Senators share my views. It will take sometime, but with enough leverage and work I could get the Senate to back me and give you the support you need. I accept your offer and hope our alliance will be strong.
Sincerely High Chancellor Klaus Fitz-Oesterlen

To: The Holy Roman Emperor
From: The Office of High Chancellor Klaus Fitz-Oesterlen of Bohemia

Dear Emperor Frederick,
Your Imperial Majesty, I regret that I cannot send you the troops you request. Russia is a very strong empire, the Sleeping Bear of the East. It would be best not to wake it. Bohemia will not support you in this crisis.
Sincerely High Chancellor Klaus Fitz-Oesterlen

Sveltlana
Minister

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sveltlana » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:47 pm

DEN STORA | THE GREAT
Konungariket Sverige | Kingdom of Sweden

Chapter Three - The Bright Side

The man dragged his cart through the road. The beautiful Scandinavian highland around him was already blossoming, as spring was already here. Mounted on the wooden transport, the clatter of the horses' hooves and the battering of the wheels on the cobbled road were all that kept him awake. His eyes were about to close, and every now and then, a long yawn would overtake his system and overpower his defenses. But it didn't matter, as he and his load traveled undisturbed. At one point, the man even began whistling, and his tune could be heard loud and clear across the meadows. The birds began to sing.

"Halt!" That was no bird. Birds can't speak.

The man was suddenly waylaid by a troop of ragged men, whose gaunt faces and dirty boots indicated that they had been traveling for a long time. Their hands quickly seized the reins of the horses and went to probe the man for weapons, as the remainder of the squad traveled to the back of the cart to register his wares.

"What's your name?" Cried one of the men.

"I am called Alvin, sir!" Alvin cowered in the ground. "Please, I am but a-"

"A what?" Said one of the Skirmishers with a hateful glance. "A spy? An informant?"

"No, a poor peasant sir. Please, sir, please, I mean no harm."

"That true?"

"Nothing but timber here!" Cried one of the men at the back of the cart. "And he's going the right way."

"Alright Mister Alvin. No harm will come to you. Proceed."

"Thank you, sir! Thank you!"

Look at the bright side, Alvin. Thought he. At least they didn't kill you.

Chapter Four - A Foreign Sun

"See that land over there, lad? That land is mine."

"It is?"

"Aye. Always is, always has been, always will be."

"I think you're insane."

"I probably am. Do I seem to care?"

"Of course not."

"Excellent. Then I don't mind being insane."

*WIP*

A MISSIVE FROM OSCAR I, KING OF SWEDEN,

ADDRESED TO HIS EXCELLENCY, ROBERT IV, KING OF SCOTS

Honorable Robert IV of House Bruce, King of Scots, and my good friend:

Greetings, my esteemed friend! It is with pleasure that I write to you this missive in the hopes that it will find you and your nation enjoying peace, prosperity, and prowess. As several matters have to be dealt with, this letter shall encompass two main subjects.

Firstly, I would like to applaud your wise decision to sell the potentially unstable colony of Macau. A ruler that acts in the interest of his nation and its future is always a good one, regardless of the international prestige that may be obtained or deducted by frivolities such as possessing a large amount of colonies.

Furthermore, I would be pleased to send a representative to observe said action for your colony in Macau, and, if the opportunity presents itself, to outbid the other candidates that may be considering enrolling in this auction. Said representative will arrive at said date in order to represent Swedish interests in the potential purchase of the colony.

On a second note, my friend, I would like to announce that the time for the war I have mentioned in previous occasions is now nigh. The armies of Denmark stationed in the Scandinavian peninsula are, of the time of the writ of this letter, considerably weakened following this wild winter. I do not expect you to jump head-first into the pool of Danish blood, my friend, but I would be honored to fight alongside you against our natural enemies.

Your friend,

OSCAR I, KING OF SWEDEN

A MISSIVE FROM OSCAR I, KING OF SWEDEN,

ADDRESED TO HIS EXCELLENCY, FREDERICK IV, KING OF BAVARIA

Honorable Frederick IV, King of Bavaria, my estimable friend:

Greetings, my good friend! It is with pleasure that I write to you this missive in the hopes that it will find you and your nation enjoying prosperity, and prowess.

I would like to announce that, according to intelligence gathered by my agents, the time to strike against our natural opponents, the Danish, is truly nigh. Their armies in mainland Scandinavia have been considerably weakened by the severe winter, which means that we shall be able to extend our presence from the mainland to the Danish Archipielago to even Jutland itself.

As I have mentioned previously, I do not expect you to dive into the pool of Danish blood. However, I would find it an honor to fight at your side against our common enemies, and thus extend the glory of our two great nations.

Your friend,

OSCAR I, KING OF SWEDEN

Last edited by Sveltlana on Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ASTURIAS STRONK

Now, mortal, you have made the mistake of opening Pandora's Box. What evils have you unleashed upon the Earth?

Me, Svet lol good one svet
Me, Svet
: ikr svet it was pretty good

-- Politics --
Fuck that.

Senka: [about me] "You are a deplorable reactionary fascist cockroach with no hope of redemption who should be condemned to burn with the rest of the plutocratic imperialist stooges in the cleansing atomic fire of the righteous."

Delsola
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Delsola » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:58 pm

The Crown of Aragon
21st March, 1836

The Spring of 1836 was a time of change for the people of Aragon as well as its government. The first rail line had begun construction, a short trip from the outskirts of Barcelona to the docklands, a small but significant development in Aragon's entry into the industrial era. The line would carry supplies from workshops in the city to the docks, ready to be used in the maintenance of Aragonese ships, that would soon be patrolling the waterways of the Mediterranean. The government also found a number of issues to deal with, the new year apparently bringing with it a burst in international activity. The Scots were auctioning the prize port of Macau, a city the Aragonese colonial administration in the Philippines had long envied in its access to the closed Chinese markets. Meanwhile, an Algerian revolt had risen in the pre-colonial capital of Algiers, which needed immediate attention.

To the Scottish Foreign Office,
His Majesty the King of Aragon would like to express his Kingdom's interest in attending the auction of Macau. An envoy will be sent to Edinburgh forthwith, to attend said auction, with the intent of purchasing the port if possible. We hope that we can come to some sort of agreement.
Signed, Prime Minister Valentín Ferraz y Barrau, on behalf of His Majesty John V, King of Aragon

To General Xavier Eduard Bonaventura, Exèrcit de Tunísia
His Majesty orders your army to engage the rebellion in Algeria forthwith. Support will be provided by a squadron of five ships-of-the-line, to depart from Barcelona tomorrow. Failure will not be tolerated, General.
Signed, Prime Minister Valentín Ferraz y Barrau, on behalf of His Majesty John V, King of Aragon

Upon the dispatch of the letters, the government could only wait for the General to manoeuvre his army into position, and dispatch the ships-of-the-line.

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:21 pm

State of La Plata
Libertad o Muerte!

City of Viedma, Province of Buenos Aries, Río Negro

The town was built with a fortress in mind, and with it's foundation in 1779, is one of the newer settlements of La Plata this far south. The city itself is split by the Río Negro, which serves as an unofficial border between La Plata and the Republic of the Patagonië, with Viedma within the Platine side and Carmen de Patagones on the other, yet both cities consider themselves part of La Plata. This would seem like a major problem, but it has persisted from the cities' foundation, without much leeway in who truly owns what. Nonetheless, the idea is embedded in the minds of the Platine people that Patagonia rightfully belongs to La Plata, as the Atlantic coast had been explored and at times settled by Spanish and Platine people for decades prior, while the former Dutch colony from beyond the Andes had only recently proclaimed control over the region, which by any means is unfounded due to the vast scale the Mapuche people have settled the region. Some more radical elements proclaim a mandate over the rest of Patagonië over the Andes Mountains, and thus an idea of La Plata's right to the Southern Cone is created.

The forts were not too grand or immense in their strategic value, but they provided the Platine people with a belief in protection from the Mapuche raids on their cattle, as the forts stretched along the Río Negro in a system designed to stop native encroachment. However, it seems like they had trouble fulfilling their purpose as the Natives constantly crossed the river and preyed upon the ranches and farms of the Pampas. The discontent of these people coupled with the fierce belief in Platine dominion over the land has fostered a conflict with the Republic of the Patagonië, and with the recent troop movements, it seems that La Plata was finally taking action. Their native sons, the Gauchos, would finally have their revenge and peace. La Plata had issued a declaration of war on the Republic of the Patagonië, citing the core region of Patagonia as rightfully Platine.

With all available time allowed and coordinated, the initial attacks were swift and far reaching, as the Gaucho Cavalry penetrated deep into Patagonië land beyond the Río Negro, and served to identify the native and Patagonië forces before returning to their lines. Their commander was the able Juan Manuel de Rosas, who José de San Martín had a fondness for in his tactical thinking regarding cavalry, but abhorred his ideas on totalitarian government and state terrorism. San Martín kept him at a distance from Buenos Aries because of this, and thus led to his wide and long experience in fighting the Mapuche natives. As the cavalry scoured deep into the contested territory, the infantry and artillery divisions too crossed the Río Negro. Behind them were engineers, who would begin the construction of make-shift forts and trenches to continue the supply line back to La Plata.

No major battle had erupted yet - Patagonia was rather underpopulated, but the Army of the Andes would prove to be another monster all together.

Beyond the City of Mendoza, Province of Mendoza

The Army of the Andes was not a rag-tag group thrown together, but a force in the making since the early days of the Platine State. José de San Martín saw the need for a well-funded, trained, and experienced fighting force on the western border with the Andes, as it would be the only force in the event of a trans-Andean attack from Patagonië, as most of the National Army was focused against Novo Roman invasions. Formed from Andean peoples and Platines alike, the Army had a superb grasp on the terrain of the Andes Mountains, and with local aid, knew of strategic passes that were otherwise unknown to the Dutch settlers. With artillery equipped with small cannon and a large component of logistical support, José de San Martín had arrived to take up command of the Army of the Andes, and with little hesitation, pushed his forces into the once impenetrable spine of South America.

Using paths known only to the local Andean peoples, and taking advantage of the Patagonië belief in the fortress that the Andes provided as well as the feigned nature of the Army's defensive nature, the Supreme Director intended to surprise the Patagonië forces right at their own doorstep, and hopefully keep them distracted with the war in Patagonia long enough to prevent discovery of his own grandiose feat.

April 21, 1836

WAR WITH PATAGONIË!

The State of La Plata has issued a declaration of war against the Republic of Patagonië, citing the cession of core regions in Patagonia and the intent to disarm Natives who have taken to raiding the Pampas in recent years. The Patagonië Office in Buenos Aries was informed of the state of war between the two countries early yesterday morning.
PLATINE COLONIZATION SOCIETY TO LAND AT EASTER ISLAND AND WALVIS BAY!

Leader of the Platine Colonization Society, Leandro Ramires, has issued a statement on the Societies' efforts in expanding Platine civilization. The Pacific chapter of the organization has finished surveying Easter Island and has begun the process of colonizing the island with settlers, while the Atlantic chapter has set it's sights on Walvis Bay, to be renamed "Santa Maria da Conceição", following a row of settlement. Concern is raised about the vast land still available for settlement in La Plata, but fall upon deaf ears.
Last edited by Neros on Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Valentir » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:31 pm

Senate Chamber, Prague, Kingdom of Bohemia

Today was a special day in the Senate. After Valentin got the scent of Klaus's plans he advised the King to call a special Senate Session. The King himself was here, setting in the Senate Throne, at the end of the room. On opposite sides were seats full of Senators. The Imperial Faction sat opposite of the Nationalist Faction, their respective leaders, First Senator Valentin, and Chancellor Klaus, in the leader chairs. The emergency session would be important for Valentin's plans. If Klaus was to be ousted from the Chancellery then he could take up the position. With Klaus's secret deal with the Russians and the Courland Crisis he was sure that he could win the election in a landslide.

As the last of the senators took their seats the King rose to speak. "I thank you all for attending this special session. I know it is at the last minute, but there are very important matters that must be discussed." He walked up to the podium in the center of the room. "The main issue at hand is the Russian Ultimatum to Courland. They demand that Courland submit to Russian Sovereignty, removing them from the Holy Roman Empire." Senators on both sides began to shout. The Imperialists were against the Russians, stating that it was an outrage. The Nationalists, on the other hand, saw this as the perfect time to push their Separatist Agenda. "Please, senators, quiet," shouted the king, "As you know Russia is a very strong empire, with a far greater military capability compared to use. However, the Empire has an advantage the Russians don't have. Unity. Strength through Unity, Unity through Faith! As King of Bohemia I have the power to support the Emperor. I, however, think it would be appropriate if this matter was put to a vote. Should we support the Holy Roman Empire and fight the Russians, or should we stay neutral and let the crisis unfold?" Imperialists began shouting for war and Nationalists for neutrality. As the King began to set down the great debate began. The careers of two major politicians would be decided here.

Office of Senator Valentin, Prague, Kingdom of Bohemia

As the debate raged in the Chamber King Charles and Senator Valentin retreated to Valentin's office to discuss the matter. Charles was worried and Valentin was full of confidence. As soon as he revealed what Klaus has been up to the Senate would burn. Even the Nationalists couldn't defend treason to Bohemia. Klaus had acted out of his respectable powers as High Chancellor, hiding both the letter and other treasonous things from the King and Senate. How he planned to help Russia, Valentin had an idea. Break the HRE up from the inside and ensure that Separatists movements rise around the Empire. Klaus was smart, but not smart enough. Now was Valentin's time to oust Klaus and take control, push his agenda forward, and ensure that Bohemia supported the Emperor.

"What will we do Valentin? Klaus was elected, his term far from over. We cannot oust him without bloodshed."

"That is where you are mistaken your majesty. You see, in the event that a Chancellor is charged with treason, the reigning monarch can call for a Vote of No Confidence. The accused Chancellor would be removed from office and a trial would be held. If he is found guilty he will be imprisoned for life. If found innocent he would be free to return to the Senate as a Senator."

"I see. And a new Chancellor must be elected then?"

"Yes, your majesty. An emergency election must be held and a nominee from each of the two factions shall run."

"Excellent. We can be free of Chancellor Klaus. His last two terms have been horrible. The Farmer's Revolt, the Debt Crisis. Ineffectual."

"Ineffectual indeed. Now, your majesty best get back to the Chamber. I will follow shortly." The King nodded and made his merry way back to the Senate Chamber. Shouting could be heard from all the way down the hall. Shortly after the King left Victoria and Shilard Fitz-Oesterlen, Klaus's brother, entered. "Greetings Senator Valentin. Your wife has told me of your plans. You will find I'm in agreement."

Valentin motioned them to set down. He poured them all a glass of wine. "Excellent. So, do you have the money and other resources I require?"

Shilard took a sip of his red wine, and nodded, "I do. As soon as the Vote of No Confidence is called I will send those your way."

"Good. So, have you talked to First Senator Frederick, yet?"

"I have, and he has agreed to nominate you in exchange for support in his next Senatorial Election. I have also secured the nominations of the First Senators of the 3rd and 4th Districts."

Valentin smiled, "Well, you are quite the diplomat aren't you? I'll have to name you new High Ambassador upon my victory?"

"Are you sure you can win?"

"The Courland Crisis will create a strong sympathy for the Imperial Faction. Chancellor Klaus's treason will make the Separatists looked bad, and the events we have planned will only further help. I will be Chancellor, Shilard. And when I win, Bohemia will become stronger than ever."

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:44 pm

The Kingdom of Scots
Advance the Flag of Scotia!

A painting depicting the New Scots Royal Militia at the Battle of Raquette

The New Scottish had been making great advances against the Iroquois Nation. Thus far, the New Scots had managed to hold much of the land north of the fork in the Hudson River and as far west as the Raquette. So far, they had only experienced minimal losses, as the tactics and technology of the New Scots were able to triumph over the poorly armed Iroquois.

Governor Campbell was very pleased, and another 4,500 men marched from New Kintail to the Iroquois lands. His war was so far a success, and thus far his promise to the King had been upheld, as the Natives that did not resist the New Scots were treated with respect as if they were Scottish citizens, a colonial policy of the Scots.

For now, they continued to advance towards the Raquette River and capture up to lake Ontario. A force of 3,750 New Scots marched towards the river, among them were 250 members of the Royal New Scots Cavalry. As they marched nearer to the river, they were ambushed by an estimated 650 Iroquois tribesmen. They had taken the New Scots by surprise, leaping out of the foliage and attacking the soldiers as they were marching for the River. The attack was quickly broken, resulting in the deaths of an estimated 150 New Scots and almost twice as many Iroquois, with the rest retreating back into the forests.

The men continued forward and eventually arrived at the Raquette, and stared down a force of what the commanders claimed were 6,000 Iroquois, however historians believe it was more so around 2,500. Luckily for the Scots, the Raquette was not a wide river, and their rifles were able to hit targets across the river. The regiments lined up across the river, and once their commanders gave them the word, opened fire on the charging Iroquois.

The waters were soon tainted with red, and the Iroquois retreated back into the woods. The Scots held their ground, and were soon met with arrow fire from father down the river. The Cavalry quickly took off and either killed or scattered the Iroquois archers and as they returned the second wave of Iroquois came charging across the river.

The New Scots opened fire once more, filling the waters with blood for a second time. What remained of the Natives slowly retreated back into the forest, and the New Scots remained waiting on the riverbank. This time, they were not met with another wave of the Iroquois, and the New Scots slowly advanced across the river.

The Battle of Raquette was won.

The City of Edinburgh

King Robert was handed a letter that had just arrived from Stockholm. He sat at his desk and read the letter. He was quite pleased, the Swedes were ready for war with Denmark-Norway.

For centuries, Scotland included the Faroe and Shetland Islands in the Earldom of Orkney. This was currently a title held by the King's son, James. King Robert, as per Scottish tradition, also held a claimant title. Every monarch since the fall of Ulster has held the title to the Duchy of Ulster. By integrating claims with the Royal Family, the Scots hoped to further legitimized their claims.

King Robert believed it was time to push the claims against the Danes, and decided it was time to petition Parliament once more for a declaration of war, something he had just done only weeks before.

He first met with Earl Seaforth to discuss the potential war. Earl Seaforth was at first weary of a second war, but was reminded by King Robert that the war against the Iroquois Nation was not a war the Royal Scots Army was fighting, and it was a war lead by the New Scottish Colonial Militia.The war against the Iroquois would be an easy war of course, due to the technology and weaponry the New Scots held in their possession. The Crown was not contributing manpower to the Iroquois War, and for that reason Earl Seaforth agreed with King Robert, and decided to support his decision in backing Scotland's allies in Stockholm in a war against the Danes.

His Grace Robert IV

Dear King Oscar I,

I thank you for your warm reception of my decision to sell Macau. It was no easy decision, of course. But it is necessary for my nation and her children to prosper.

Your representative will be welcomed with open arms, and I will ensure only the best of accommodations shall be made for him while he is in my nation's great capital.

Lastly, we get to the issue of war with the Danes. I have met with my Prime Minister, Earl Seaforth, and he has decided to support my decision to back the war.

We will be moving to secure the Faroes and Shetlands after the war begins, as we lay claim to these isles. After we finish that task, we will send our fleets to the shores of Norway and begin a joint effort with you in order to smash the Danish fleet. And perhaps after that, begin a blockade of Denmark while the Royal Scots Army lands in Norway.

May God help us achieve victory in our endeavor.

Sincerely,
Robert IV
King of Scots

King Robert would not petition Parliament just yet, as the war was still in the early ages of planning. He would meet with Earl Seaforth, the Minister of War, and his top generals in the Homeland to discuss the possible paths Scotland could take against the Danes. The Faroes and Shetlands would finally be under the Scottish Crown.

The King would wait in Edinburgh with his Prime Minister and await the Auction of Macau, which was slowly looming.

A painting of Saint James' Cathedral, Macau.

News of the King's decision to sell Macau had reached the city, and it was initially very unpopular with Scottish merchants and other such traders, who in flush of emotions decided to take to the streets outside the Colonial Governor's offices. Governor Walker was essentially trapped inside, and the Colonial Guard was in no position to get him out. At most of the Colonial Guard was mobilized, tensions in the city only began to escalate further. The protesters became angrier and angrier, and began to shout louder outside the Governor's office, demanding an appearance from the Governor.

Governor Walker decided he would give them what they wanted, and appeared on a balcony attached to his offices. He greeted the protesters with a booming voice.

"People! People! What are you doing? Do you not know the King only has the best of intentions for all in his Kingdom? Our King is not abandoning you, he is not selling you. If anything, His Grace is only ensuring your safety and the safety of all those who call Macau their home. For you see, Scotland cannot defend this city efficiently. If the disgruntled Chinese decide they wish to retake this city, they would easily overwhelm Macau and occupy her within days. If this were to happen, my own life would likely come to end, along with the lives of every Scot within the walls of this great city! The Chinese will kill each and everyone of you if they are presented with the chance, and His Grace knows this. For that reason, he is offering to transfer jurisdiction of Macau to a nation that can properly defend her and those who call her home. We are Scots! And our people would rather fight to the last man of the last clan than give up our lands. But, Macau is not an integral part of Scotland. We have only officially held jurisdiction over this city for a short period of time, and the Sons of Scotland should not have to die defending her, because you are all aware they would. For that reason, His Grace has deemed it worthy to sell this great city, and I believe it is proper of him to do so. Scotia will lose a jewel in her crown, but she will gain four times as many with the gains she makes from the sale of this city! So I ask you, dear brothers, to return to your homes and continue business as you always have, for you are Scots, and that is our way."

The crowds slowly began to dissipate, and within two hours time they had completely vanished. There was still animosity held by the merchants of Macau, but they had realized they had no choice but to comply with the decision of King Robert, and while they were unhappy with his decision, they had learned to accept it.

A Catholic Priest meeting with leaders of a Native village occupied by the New Scots

It was deemed crucial by Governor Campbell to begin trying to integrate the Natives in occupied territories as soon as possible. Under his plan, he would send peaceful delegations of Catholic clergy alongside those from the various Convents of New Kintail in order to introduce them to Catholicism. Native men were also recruited to join the New Scots Royal Militia and were given the sole task of defending their villages. Jurisdiction over the villages was left in the hands of the Natives, with New Scots left as sources of information to be used upon request. Soldiers of the New Scots Royal Militia were left behind as well, but they served alongside the Natives included in their ranks. The Natives in the occupied territories were also offered something very similar to Scottish Citizenship, known as Secondary Citizenship.

They were however not secondary citizens, and were treated with the same respect Scots treated their own. To put it simply, they were not citizens of Scotland. To be a citizen, you had to either be born in Scotland or one of her possessions or live in Scotland or one of her possessions for a period of five years. Before gaining citizenship, applicants were granted Secondary Citizenship (this is essentially the same thing as a visa). They had the same rights as Scots, but lacked the ability to vote in elections. They could own property, receive an education, make a career for themselves, and essentially everything else the citizens of Scotland could. Secondary Citizenship was granted to all of the Natives in the occupied territories, and it was received by the majority. Governor Campbell would of course allow those who did not want to live under the Scottish Crown to freely migrate to whatever land their desired. However, those that violently opposed Scottish rule would be met with the barrel of a gun.

As the bureaucrats and clergy tried to integrate the Natives that did not take up arms, the military still had to defeat those that had taken up arms against Scotia. The 4,500 men sent by Governor Campbell had arrived in the occupied territories and began to move Southward toward the Great Sacandaga Lake. As they moved along the Hudson River, the had been met with no resistance thus far. Once arriving at the lake, they stumbled upon a Mohawk village. It appeared to be peaceful, and the New Scottish soldiers began to approach it. With them was a translator from the borders of New Kintail that spoke the Native languages. Upon seeing him, the few Natives of the village that had gone to grab weapons, quickly set them down and those in charge met with the translator. He informed the Elders that the Scots wanted peace, and treated the peaceful Iroquois fairly and justly, granting them rights that no European nation ever had before. The Elders were at first confused, because the White Man they had always heard of never did anything of the sort. However, they had noticed that the New Scots kept their distance, with only a few men standing behind the translator and the rest a few dozen yards away on the outskirts of the village. The Elders decided it would be best to join the Scottish Crown peacefully rather than resit it, and informed the translator of their decision to do so.

Thus, the village of Scanadaga was established as part of the Scottish Empire, in the territory that was slowly being added to New Kintail. The New Scots would not always be so lucky, and once they dug deeper into the Iroquois heartland, the resistance they would meet would be much stronger.

From the Office of the Colonial Governor of Scottish Malaysia
Governor Douglas MacLean

Dear Governor MacCroy,

Your request is most certainly reasonable, and I shall dispatch 750 men from the Royal Scots Malaysian Guard at once. They shall arrive in your capital and shall be under your jurisdiction for a period of one year. If you require an extension, please write to me and I shall grant it.

I look forward to further cooperation between our colonies, and wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

Sincerely,
Douglas MacLean
Colonial Governor of Scottish Malaysia

750 men landed in Kingston and were later sent to Princeton and were initially stationed at Fort Saint Margaret's. Upon the arrival of the new men at the Fort, Governor MacCroy gave them orders to move north and claim more lands. 500 of the men marched forth to secure more lands in the name of God, Civility, and Crown. The soldiers met with 645 men already stationed in Perth, the second largest settlement on the North Isle, and together they moved towards the shared border with the Ngā Rauru.

Fort Stuart was built close to the border, and garrisoned within it were 125 men. The rest of the men guarded the new settles established on the North Isle, such as Bruceton and Invertweed, which lied at the end of the River Tweed.

Governor MacCroy had plans to eventually expand into the Ngā Rauru lands, but was aware of the existing war against the Iroquois and decided it would be best to finish off colonizing the uncivilized lands on the North Isle before he found a solution to annex the Ngā Rauru. He figured forcing them to becoming a protectorate was an option, but that would require more men from the Homeland, which would mean a letter to the King. Currently, he only had 1,875 men under his control. He figured he would need at least 7,000 to subjugate the Ngā Rauru.

But, for now he was content with his expanded colony and planned future expansion into lands not held by the Ngā Rauru.

The Battle of Lake Robert

The New Scots had been making excellent headway westward. They slowly moved southwest and arrived at a body of water they named Lake Robert. As they walked around the edges of the lake, the 2,500 men were ambushed. Cries of Iroquois warriors were heard and the New Scots quickly scattered to fight off the attack.

Luckily for the New Scots, they were well armed and their rifles were equipped with bayonets, which made hand-to-hand combat much easier. The New Scots fought valiantly, and many fell under the shade of the leaves, however the rest were able to regroup out on the shores of Lake Robert. There, they braced for the waves of the Iroquois warriors to charge at them, and charge they did.

1,653 New Scots stood firmly beside Lake Robert as several hundred warriors charged at them, while shooting arrows and throwing axes. 219 New Scots fell, however they shattered the first wave of the attack. They regrouped and prepared for a second wave. As the prepared themselves, arrow fire rained down upon them. Another 163 New Scots fell. During the chaos, the second wave of warriors came charging at them. The New Scots opened fire and the warriors fell. Another wave came charging from the left side of the New Scots and began to attack. Another 47 New Scots down. The wave from the left was easily broken and they retreated back into the trees as the other wave was defeated.

That was the final charge the Iroquois led against the New Scots. Only 1,103 of the original 2,500 New Scots remained. Thus far, the Battle of Lake Robert was the bloodiest for the New Scots. And while they were successful, it came at a heavy cost. The New Scots remained at Lake Robert overnight, and a small group of them were sent back into the Occupied Territories in order to get reinforcements. The soldiers that remained gathered the bodies of their fallen brothers and prepared them for the trip back to New Scotland.

Regardless, the New Scots had pushed forward and occupied more land. Soon enough, they would push forward once more, but only after 1,750 men arrived to reinforce them.
Last edited by The Kingdom of Glitter on Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:25 am, edited 19 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse