NATION

PASSWORD

Might and Magic [4TH EDITION - AH - Fantasy - EPIC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Skaldia
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Might and Magic [4TH EDITION - AH - Fantasy - EPIC]

Postby Skaldia » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:50 am

Welcome to the Worlds of Might and Magic
And now the page before us blurs.
An age is done. The book must close.
We are abandoned to history.
Raise high one more time the tattered standard
Of the Fallen. See through the drifting smoke
To the dark stains upon the fabric.
This is the blood of our lives, this is the
Payment of our deeds, all soon to be
Forgotten.
We were never what people could be.
We were only what we were.
Remember us

Theme
MAP
Our World
"All keeps hold a Gate, all castles Gates."
Lord Pain of Shigeinama

The world of Eldanar was, near two hundred years ago, was no different from all the many worlds that existed in the World Tree. That is, until the rise of the Void. The Void was anathema to the Word and thus all of Creation, causing widespread panic and darkness and those who once practiced magic became consumed by what was once considered safe. Mutations, cult risings, and the sudden rise of barbarous hordes saw the world slipping into a World War. The existing nations of Eldanar, despite their great magic or might of arms, could not expel the Void. One by one, the nations of Eldanar fell to the might of the Void until only the Athean Empire remained free from the deprivations of the Void and even she was buckling under the pressures of invasion and the cults.

All seemed lost until a hero rose from the masses of people. His name was Vezimmir and he glowed with the light of the Word in his eyes and the power of his voice was able to unite the people behind one banner. Vezimmir of House Calmcacil was able to push back the Void and liberate each land during a subsequent forty seven year sequence of wars that would come to be known as the Void Wars. From each land, great and powerful heroes rose to follow Vezimmir during his liberation. With the aid of these Heroes, Vezimmir finally was able to quell the Void and finally crush them.

With the defeat of the Void, Vezimmir was declared Emperor of the Holy Empire of Eldanar and each Hero that had followed him became the High Lords (or Ladies) of all the lands of Eldanar. But there were many things left to do with the rise of the Inquisition to hunt down heretics and mutants throughout the world. The Magistrates were organized to monitor magic use as well as maintain Imperial Law in Eldanar. There were also those who wished to return to an independence that existed before the rise of the Void. These rebels, as they were called, were brought to heel by the might of the newly forged Holy Empire.

Time passed and the world entered an age of glory and prosperity for all. Eventually Vezimmir, despite his power, succumbed to the weight of mortality and passed, leaving the throne to his son Tyrion. Emperor Tyrion continued the work of his father, creating the Imperial Church and the Knights of the Word to act as the militant arm of the Church. However, something was missing. The High Lords/Ladies were growing restless and the people yearned for more. Also, the rebels had found a united leader in the form of the Freeborn, a group that wanted the world to return to what was before the Calmcacils.

Tyrion, using the power that he had inherited from his father, proposed the opening of intergalactic magical Gates to a new world. It was simple, the World Tree needed to unite to defend from the deprivations of the Void. The only problem was the Gates all opened to a single world...Earth...in 1100 AD.

SO! Basically the story is this: You each play as a High Lord (or Lady) that rule the lands of Eldanar or you can play as the real world leaders of nations that existed on Earth in 1100AD. You decide what will happen when the Gates are opened to our world in 1100 AD or how you react when the Gates open in your nation. By the way, anyone that could match up the world map I have with the nations that existed on it in 1100AD, that would be great.

LANDS:

Imperia:
High Lord: Emperor Tyrion the First of House Calmcacil

Hyborea:
High Lord:

Dragon Isles:
High Lord:

Cathay:
High Lord:

Beltayga:
High Lord:

Kharkanus:
High Lord:

Cymeria:
High Lord:

Bel Ar:
High Lord:

OTHER POSITIONS:

Grand Inquisitor:
Grand Magistrate:

RULES:
1) No Godmodding or Meta-Gaming
2) While this is a fantasy rp and I expect some pretty amazing stuff, please keep it based in reality. For instance, if your character starts walking to point A to point B and point B is a thousand miles away, it should take a while.
3) No steamrolling other races or other players just because you can.
4) No massively powerful races like Gods and what not. Dragons are allowed, but please sparingly.
5) Technology on Eldanar is High Medieval level but can flunctuate if you choose to have less magic and more technology or vice verse. Just don't overdo it.
6) While there are weapons of mass destruction in real life, I will not allow their use in this RP. They defeat the purpose of this RP.
7 ) On the world of Earth, each Gate must be at least fifty miles from another.
8 ) Other positions can be acquired by just filling out the Hero App.
9 ) IF YOU ARE INACTIVE FOR MORE THAN TWO DAYS (48 HOURS), I WILL CLOSE YOUR GATE AND RENDER YOU DOA UNLESS YOU SEND A TG STATING YOU'LL BE INACTIVE.
10 ) Remember, if you play as an Eldanaran nation anything magical about your technology, races, or what have you, will be rendered inert when you go to Earth. This is to be sure that no one has an unfair advantage over Earth nations. Races from Eldanar that are magical in nature will survive Earth but any magical abilities will be useless.
11 ) Any human from Earth who goes to Eldanar can theoretically do magic!

Co-Op:
Alleniana

Co-Op Rules
1) The Co-Op is allowed to accept Apps. After accepting, they will TG me the APP to be added to the list.
2) There shall be ONE Co-Op

HOW GATES WORK AND THEIR SIZE AND PROPORTIONS:

A Gate can range from only ten feet wide to nearly a mile wide. I'll leave it to your choice. They are about fifty feet thick and made of a mysterious silver alloy found nowhere else on your world with millions of strange stylistic glyph covering their entire surface. When activated, lightning will play across their surface and then a light will start to shine in the center until a shape begins to appear. You can see into the other world and the step through is painless and without discomfort, although the environment on the other side might be radically different from the one you just stepped from.

Each GATE leads to the same world, our world.

A NOTE ON HEROES:

Heroes are the champions of your lands They have a sizable impact on battles between players and add a level of depth to the RP that would otherwise be missing. While each High Lord (or Lady) could be a Hero you can also have up to three mini Heroes.

Code: Select all
[b][u]NS Name:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Nation Name:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Capital City:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Government Type:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Head of State:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Population:[/u][/b] (Please be realistic...)
[b][u]Military Organization:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Army Size:[/u][/b]
[Blocktext][u][b]Army Units:[/b][/u][/Blocktext]
[b][u]Fleet Size:[/u][/b]
[Blocktext][u][b]Naval Units:[/b][/u][/Blocktext]

[b][u]General Terrain:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Noteworthy Fauna:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Primary Import(s):[/u][/b]
[b][u]Primary Export(s):[/u][/b]
[b][u]Primary Species:[/u][/b] (Primary culture/linguistic group)
[b][u]Accepted Species:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Brief Description of your nation's History:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Brief Description of your nation's economy:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Brief Description of your nation's government:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Brief Description of your nation's populace:[/u][/b]

[b][u]RP Example:[/u][/b]

HERO APP TG APP TO ME AFTER APP IS ACCEPTED BY ME!!!
Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Personality:
Background:

You get forty points:

Strength: 0/10
Speed: 0/10
Power: 0/10 (Magic)
Stamina: 0/10
Agility: 0/10
Luck: 0/10

Nations:

Alleniana: Earth: Chichen Itza

Heroes:
Last edited by Skaldia on Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
||Empty||
||“The lesson of history is that no one learns.”
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||
||“Chaos needs no allies, for it dwells like a poison in every one of us.”

TG for Discord

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:01 am

RESERVED
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:16 am

NS Name: Alleniana
Nation Name: Chichen Itza
Capital City: Chichen Itza
Government Type: Despotic monarchy
Head of State:
Population: 5 million
Military Organization: Noble levy; in war, the elites & nobles are called to war, whereupon they supply and equip themselves. We may see non-nobility fighting in this war, however.
Army Size: ~1000 per battle
Army Units:

N.A. for now
Fleet Size: There is effectively no naval combat, though sea trade lanes are quite lucrative and important.
Naval Units:

N.A. for now

General Terrain: Large, fertile basins and mountainous rocky areas, all scattered with thick, luscious tropical vegetation and plenty of rainfall.
Noteworthy Fauna: Uh, tapirs? :P
Primary Import(s): Forestry products (berries and precious woods and stuff), curiosities (shells, amber, etc.), perhaps slaves/sacrifices, and maybe furs/game.
Primary Export(s): Refined goods (tools, fabrics, pottery), agricultural foodstuffs (grain and other stuff that tribals don't have)
Primary Species: Mayan
Accepted Species: Nah :P

Brief Description of your nation's history: The Mayans in the area had a tradition of building cities and founding city-states. One of the most successful was Chichen Itza, and in 1100, it was dominating the Mayan area by trade, luck and occasional warfare.
Brief Description of your nation's economy: A trade based nation, Chichen Itza is mercantile and does much exchange with those around it, despite their statelessness. It makes a lot of money off this as well as acquiring many things it has not experienced or produce. It is the main focus, and is also the main reason other than fishing and transport that boats exist.
Brief Description of your nation's government: A typical Mayan kingdom exists; a hereditary despot rules over the land as justly as possible, with many nobles and advisors to help.
Brief Description of your nation's populace: Mayans, Mayans all of them; nationalism and patriotism do not exists, but these people are numerous and urban, and so do appreciate the good things about civilization. Many live in cities and so there is slight regionalism, but the landmass is small and the people generally content with their lot. They are notably very religious and social classes are roughly formed.

RP Example: The last MaMs
Last edited by Alleniana on Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Five Galaxies
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Five Galaxies » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:20 am

I'll put a tag here so I can eventually put an app up; either a multitude of industrious cats, or an epic civilization of Giants and similar huge creatures.

EDIT: Oh wait a moment... we're not all starting on different worlds...?
Last edited by The Five Galaxies on Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:22 am

Alleniana wrote:NS Name: Alleniana
Nation Name: Kingdom of France
Capital City: Paris
Government Type: Feudal monarchy; hereditary, decentralised, generally rather annoying to administer, you know :P
Head of State: Philip I the Amorous Capet
Population: 10 million
Military Organization: Feudal levies & knights' retinues
Army Size: ~25,000 in peace, up to several hundred thousand levies in war
Army Units:

Fleet Size:
Naval Units:

General Terrain:
Noteworthy Fauna:
Primary Import(s):
Primary Export(s):
Primary Species: (Primary culture/linguistic group)
Accepted Species:

Brief Description of your nation's History:
Brief Description of your nation's economy:
Brief Description of your nation's government:
Brief Description of your nation's populace:

RP Example:

WIP

Hehehe. France huh? Wonder what will happen when a Gate opens in, say, Calais?
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:23 am

The Five Galaxies wrote:I'll put a tag here so I can eventually put an app up; either a multitude of industrious cats, or an epic civilization of Giants and similar huge creatures.

Nope. Although you can develop your fantasy nation on Eldanar anyway you like OR play as a RL nation on Earth in 1100 AD.
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

The Five Galaxies
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Five Galaxies » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:24 am

Skaldia wrote:
The Five Galaxies wrote:I'll put a tag here so I can eventually put an app up; either a multitude of industrious cats, or an epic civilization of Giants and similar huge creatures.

Nope. Although you can develop your fantasy nation on Eldanar anyway you like OR play as a RL nation on Earth in 1100 AD.

Oh, I think I'll pass this RP then, sorry.

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:25 am

The Five Galaxies wrote:
Skaldia wrote:

Oh, I think I'll pass this RP then, sorry.

Shame.
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:28 am

Skaldia wrote:
Alleniana wrote:-

Changed, my mind is. First I was going for Denmark, then decided they were too small (I wanted to colonise the other world, and Denmark would have been a good candidate if the new world was weaker) and now I'll go for a country that doesn't have to worry at all (nearly) about its own side of the gate.

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:36 am

Alleniana wrote:
Skaldia wrote:

Changed, my mind is. First I was going for Denmark, then decided they were too small (I wanted to colonise the other world, and Denmark would have been a good candidate if the new world was weaker) and now I'll go for a country that doesn't have to worry at all (nearly) about its own side of the gate.

It'll start off as a "Crusade" by Eldanar but things will kinda stall once Eldanar finds out something unique about Earth that will make it substantially more difficult to invade...
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:44 am

Skaldia wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Changed, my mind is. First I was going for Denmark, then decided they were too small (I wanted to colonise the other world, and Denmark would have been a good candidate if the new world was weaker) and now I'll go for a country that doesn't have to worry at all (nearly) about its own side of the gate.

It'll start off as a "Crusade" by Eldanar but things will kinda stall once Eldanar finds out something unique about Earth that will make it substantially more difficult to invade...

Huh? As an inhabitant of Earth both RL and IC, may I know what?

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:49 am

Alleniana wrote:
Skaldia wrote:

Huh? As an inhabitant of Earth both RL and IC, may I know what?

While Magic exists on Eldanar it doesn't on Earth. So, anything that relies on magic to work or survive, won't be able to function on Earth. The only exception to this are the Gates themselves and what Tyrion hasn't told any of the High Lords or anyone else is, that in order for the Gates to work, they drain a substantial portion of the Magic from Eldanar as well. So, eventually, Eldanar will become as magically inert as Earth with only the Gates as a relic of Magic remaining. Fortunately for Eldanar, this drain will take generations.

But it's gonna be fun to play out!
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:53 am

Skaldia wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Huh? As an inhabitant of Earth both RL and IC, may I know what?

While Magic exists on Eldanar it doesn't on Earth. So, anything that relies on magic to work or survive, won't be able to function on Earth. The only exception to this are the Gates themselves and what Tyrion hasn't told any of the High Lords or anyone else is, that in order for the Gates to work, they drain a substantial portion of the Magic from Eldanar as well. So, eventually, Eldanar will become as magically inert as Earth with only the Gates as a relic of Magic remaining. Fortunately for Eldanar, this drain will take generations.

Oh, hmm...
:D
Indeed!
Will the Gates stay open or anything though? It would suck to get to a point where the gates just slam shut and the RP ends.

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:57 am

Alleniana wrote:
Skaldia wrote:

Oh, hmm...
Indeed!
Will the Gates stay open or anything though? It would suck to get to a point where the gates just slam shut and the RP ends.

Eventually the Gates WILL shut but this will take at least centuries so by the time that happens, things will have changed substantially on both Eldanar and Earth and who says the RP has to end there?
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:05 am

Skaldia wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Oh, hmm...
Indeed!

Eventually the Gates WILL shut but this will take at least centuries so by the time that happens, things will have changed substantially on both Eldanar and Earth and who says the RP has to end there?

I know it's a long shot and we'll probably never get there, but how will the RP continue without splitting in half at that point?

Also, my app is done. Not great, but there's not a lot of info.

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:06 am

Alleniana wrote:
Skaldia wrote:

I know it's a long shot and we'll probably never get there, but how will the RP continue without splitting in half at that point?

Well, I think I'll handle it by then focusing on Earth or Eldanar or the RP can split to two IC's and we can play on both.

And I'll review.
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:08 am

You went with the Mayans?! I would never have thought of going that way. Accepted!
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:10 am

Skaldia wrote:
Alleniana wrote:I know it's a long shot and we'll probably never get there, but how will the RP continue without splitting in half at that point?

Well, I think I'll handle it by then focusing on Earth or Eldanar or the RP can split to two IC's and we can play on both.

And I'll review.

Maybe have Harry Potter reopen the portals or something?
:P
Skaldia wrote:You went with the Mayans?! I would never have thought of going that way. Accepted!
Yeah, I figured that they wouldn't have a lot of commitments this side of the portal, and the Chichen Itzan dominance didn't end for another 90 years. If I spindoctor the portal stuff, it might last longer.

Will be interesting to see how things go. :3

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:11 am

Alleniana wrote:
Skaldia wrote:

And I'll review.

Maybe have Harry Potter reopen the portals or something?
Skaldia wrote:You went with the Mayans?! I would never have thought of going that way. Accepted!
Yeah, I figured that they wouldn't have a lot of commitments this side of the portal, and the Chichen Itzan dominance didn't end for another 90 years. If I spindoctor the portal stuff, it might last longer.

Hahaha. I'll think of something if the RP ever reaches that point. If not, I'll make a poll and let everyone decide.

And yeah. I like the idea you have. Although, if I can get the High Lords' positions taken then who knows what you might deal with?
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:15 am

Skaldia wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Maybe have Harry Potter reopen the portals or something?

Hahaha. I'll think of something if the RP ever reaches that point. If not, I'll make a poll and let everyone decide.

And yeah. I like the idea you have. Although, if I can get the High Lords' positions taken then who knows what you might deal with?

Yeah, that's a long long way away.

Mm. I'm hoping that getting outclassed as I almost certainly will will be able to provide the motivation for improving tech, organization, etc. and getting into the war game seriously and properly, while still not getting destroyed. 5 million is growing, and when they're living in a highly fertile area, it's going to be dangerous to fight an army they supply, especially when you've lost your essential magic.

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:17 am

Alleniana wrote:
Skaldia wrote:

Yeah, that's a long long way away.

Mm. I'm hoping that getting outclassed as I almost certainly will will be able to provide the motivation for improving tech, organization, etc. and getting into the war game seriously and properly, while still not getting destroyed. 5 million is growing, and when they're living in a highly fertile area, it's going to be dangerous to fight an army they supply, especially when you've lost your essential magic.

Yeah, although the RP isn't so much about the war games but about the cultural, religious, and psychological clashes that will occur when two worlds collide. The wars will be extremely fun though.
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:52 am

Skaldia wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Yeah, that's a long long way away.

Yeah, although the RP isn't so much about the war games but about the cultural, religious, and psychological clashes that will occur when two worlds collide. The wars will be extremely fun though.

War is always fun. :p
I'm personally planning on having the people interpret it as a challenge from the gods, telling them to advance into this new world and conquer it to prove themselves. Should be interesting.

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:56 am

Alleniana wrote:
Skaldia wrote:

War is always fun. :p
I'm personally planning on having the people interpret it as a challenge from the gods, telling them to advance into this new world and conquer it to prove themselves. Should be interesting.

Which brings up an interesting point. Should people from Earth discover they can do magic on Earth now that the Gates are open or should it be only when they are in Eldanar?

By the way, would you like to be Co-Op? I need one and you've so far given me some good ideas. Plus, I need someone else besides me to advertise this RP.
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:59 am

Skaldia wrote:
Alleniana wrote:War is always fun. :p

Which brings up an interesting point. Should people from Earth discover they can do magic on Earth now that the Gates are open or should it be only when they are in Eldanar?

By the way, would you like to be Co-Op? I need one and you've so far given me some good ideas. Plus, I need someone else besides me to advertise this RP.

I reckon it would be better to keep magic to Eldanar, or else we're going to have some serious trouble back on Earth; the kind of upheaval it would cause is the kind of upheaval the loss of magic on Eldanar would cause, so I reckon we should be fair.

People from Earth should discover that they can do magic in Eldanar, though. Definitely.

And sure, thanks. :) I'll be co-op. And advertising... a point I haven't considered yet, but I could go and post a link to this in the Historical Group HQ thingy. That should get a few RPers, I guess?

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:03 am

Alleniana wrote:
Skaldia wrote:

I reckon it would be better to keep magic to Eldanar, or else we're going to have some serious trouble back on Earth; the kind of upheaval it would cause is the kind of upheaval the loss of magic on Eldanar would cause, so I reckon we should be fair.

People from Earth should discover that they can do magic in Eldanar, though. Definitely.

And sure, thanks. :) I'll be co-op. And advertising... a point I haven't considered yet, but I could go and post a link to this in the Historical Group HQ thingy. That should get a few RPers, I guess?

Yeah. I agree. So, it's decided. Magic only on Eldanar for any who go there.

And thank you so much! I really want this rp to succeed, otherwise I don't think I would have made four versions of it. hehe.
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse