NATION

PASSWORD

To Kill a God (OOC, CLOSED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:24 pm

Mnar Secundus wrote:
Imperial--japan wrote:I hate that pathetic anime with a ridiculous plot.

Ah. We are of a similar opinion, then. Why base all your characters off Kill la Kill, though, if you hate it?

There were about four characters I particularly enjoyed who gave me quite the laugh. Disliking the plot doesn't stop me from enjoying specific characters. My favorite by far went in this order.
1: Nonon
2: Mako
3: Mikisugi
4: Gamagoori
Last edited by Imperial--japan on Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Mnar Secundus
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mnar Secundus » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:33 pm

Imperial--japan wrote:
Mnar Secundus wrote:Ah. We are of a similar opinion, then. Why base all your characters off Kill la Kill, though, if you hate it?

There were about four characters I particularly enjoyed who gave me quite the laugh. Disliking the plot doesn't stop me from enjoying specific characters. My favorite by far went in this order.

They were entertaining, though I personally found Mako more irritating than amusing.

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Mnar Secundus wrote:
Imperial--japan wrote:There were about four characters I particularly enjoyed who gave me quite the laugh. Disliking the plot doesn't stop me from enjoying specific characters. My favorite by far went in this order.

They were entertaining, though I personally found Mako more irritating than amusing.

I felt the same about some parts, but of course I found Mako to be a nice slice of lighthearted comedy most of the time. Just personal preference though.
Grand Britannia wrote:

Isle of Lithonia
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Isle of Lithonia » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:06 pm

Imperial--japan wrote:App
Character name: Selena Da' Ravielle
Appearance:

Personality: Selena is devoutly loyal to Balaam and everything that he stands to accomplish. On a more personal level, she believes herself to be above most of the ingrates near Balaam due to her status as many call her "Balaam's Personal Lapdog". While she is often sympathetic to those below her, she won't hesitate to remind others others how insignificant they are if they step out of place. Aside from that, she normally tries to be the voice of mediation and reason, as well as improving the morale of others.
Strengths/Abilities:
  • Surprise: Selena's delicate stature carefully allows her to be underestimated.
  • Acrobatics Fanatic: Selena has superior agility compared to your average human and most other hosts.
  • Power: Selena uses her position as Balaam's "Secretary" per se as a means to flaunt authority.
  • Artistic Intellectual: Selena has a fascination with the arts and is very knowledgeable on the current fashions.
Weaknesses:
  • Selena treats other hosts less like people and more like cattle to be whipped into shape. Some hosts tend to despise her for this attitude. However she takes good care of her cattle and makes sure they aren't sent to the slaughterhouse too early.
  • She is very critical of what Balaam thinks of her. She follows his orders to the letter, just or not.
Short Bio: Selena had every capability to succeed academically in school, but normally blew off her classes to participate in more entertaining pursuits. Despite what the paperwork showed, Selena was picked out by Balaam due to her potential, to come work for Chimera Industries. Though she was initially reluctant, she was also aware this would be one of the few job opportunities she would receive. After a number of years working for Balaam, she was was introduced to her demon familiar Sully. From then on the two filed the paperwork and managed to oversee some of Balaam's most important operations. Her loyalty is of course unwavering by this point.
Demon Familiar Name: Terantius Daius Sullius (Or Sully for short)
Demon Gender: Male
Demon Age at Death: 27
Demon Appearance: On the bottom
Demon Personality: Like any true roman of the times. Sully styles himself a master of the arts, and a supporter of mortal fashions. The lack of taste in the demon world irks him as pissed of and full of yourself was totally last season. Regardless, he has proved to be a demon of substantial ability and influence.
Demon Special Ability: Acoustokinesis
Demon Weaknesses:
  • He has a tendency to indulge in the finer things in the world. Whether it be exotic items or people.
  • Terantius is quite the narcissist. His host gladly inflates his ego.
  • Terantius can make quite a fool of himself in a debate without the silver tongue of his host to aid him.
Demon Short Bio: No

I especially loved the "no" bio.

Accepted, obviously.
A she/her who misses being creative.
I like sticks. Peck pick.
My Fanny Pack is Fanny Packtastic!!!

Achidyemay
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2013
New York Times Democracy

To Kill a God (OOC, Open, Sign-ups)

Postby Achidyemay » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:57 pm

App:
Character name: Conor Hawkins
Appearance:

Personality: He has a real couldn't-care-less attitude. He isn't necessarily lazy, having worked hard his whole life until recently. But now, he believes that most efforts are useless and any action will simply promote or post-pone the inevitable (whatever that is), so just enjoy the day. As a result, he won't go out of his way to help others and thinks the best way to help someone is to stay out of their way. He really enjoys watching from the shadows and stepping in only when he is certain he has the upper-hand, even when helping an ally. There is just nothing that compares with that feeling of control over another, and that seems to be the last thing he'll fight for. Because the end is inevitable.

Strengths/Abilities: Because of his up-bringing and position, he has a fair amount of influence around town, especially among beggars and street urchins.
Weaknesses: Occasionally old habits come to haunt him, he'll find himself praying or doing something selfless. He also has a problem with talking, He is the guy who stands there and gloats and monologues when he is certain of victory (sometimes revealing secrets) and leaving time for the other guy to escape or get the upper-hand.

Short Bio: Conor was brought up simply in the middle-class part of a large city. He had always been rather Pious, even in the New-Age. When he was seven, he was baptized in an underground church and was taken under the guidance of his Godmother, an elderly lady who remembered the "old-times". Over the years he managed to keep this all a secret from his cookie-cutter, middle-aged, middle-class parents. He kept up a solid C grade and his mother was happy, he would try out for football and his father would be happy. But in the evenings he was leading prayer circles and volunteering in food pantries and soup kitchens. He gave away more food in breadlines than he could ever eat. His Godmother became a huge parental figure and he began to love her more than his parents. His Godmother past away when he was seventeen from some obscure form of cancer, a month after the Prophets started getting their visions.
Conor was walking home from the underground church, he had spent the day with the Priest organizing and cleaning the church, and it was late at night. He thought about what the Prophets had said and remembered how his Godmother had died in that hacking fit. He took a short cut between two buildings, and was mugged. As he lied there on the cold stone, bleeding from the head, cut lip, and surely a broken rib he thought to himself: This is not my God, my God died long ago.
That night he had his first dream...

Song: The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

Demon Familiar Name: Lord Pouton
Demon Age at Death: 56
Demon Appearance:

Demon Personality: He is very kind to people he meets, except when he isn't. He is very smart, except when he isn't. He is very brave, except when he isn't. He is very honest, except when he isn't. He is very respectful, except when he isn't. And he is very focused, except when he isn't. And he almost always "isn't".

Demon Special Ability: He can teleport from shadow to shadow, but only over small distances. And Earth-Bending, I guess.
Shadow Walking:
Within the Shadow Realm time operates more slowly, 2 minutes within the shadow realm pass as one second in the real world. Current skill gives an 40:1 knockout ratio (White Demons after BBB = 6400:1, White Demons = 320:1, Blue Demons = 160:1, Yellow Demons = 80:1, Red Demons = 40:1, Black Demons = 20:1 and Humans = 10:1). Meaning: 200' traveled in real-world distance = level 5 knockout. Levels are to be transcribed as follows and will increase as demon-level increases.

Animals and Humans
Knockout Level = time out/side-effects
5+ = death
<5 = 30 min unconscious
<4 = 20 min unconscious
<3 = 10 min unconscious
<2 = 5 min unconscious
<1.5 = brief unconsciousness, prolonged extreme dizziness and puking
<1 = prolonged extreme dizziness and puking
<0.75 = extreme dizziness and puking
<0.5 = dizziness and puking
Black Level
10+ = death
<10 = 8 hours unconscious
<9 = 4 hours unconscious
<8 = 120 min unconscious
<7 = 60 min unconscious
<6 = 30 min unconscious
<5 = 15 min unconscious
<4 = 10 min unconscious
<3 = 5 min unconscious
<2.75 = 4 min unconscious
<2.5 = 3 min unconscious
<2.25 = 2 min unconscious
<2 = 1 min unconscious
<1.75 = extreme dizziness and puking
<1.5 = extreme dizziness and puking
<1.25 = dizziness and puking
<1 = dizziness and puking
<0.75 = dizziness and puking
<0.5 = dizziness and puking
<0.25 = dizziness (and possible puking)
Red Level (current)
20+ = death
<20 = 2.5 days unconscious
<19 = 32 hours unconscious
<18 = 16 hours unconscious
<17 = 8 hours unconscious
<16= 4 hours unconscious
<15= 120 min unconscious
<14 = 60 min unconscious
<12 = 30 min unconscious
<10 = 15 min unconscious
<8 = 10 min unconscious
<6 = 5 min unconscious
<5.5 = 4 min unconscious
<5 = 3 min unconscious
<4.5 = 2 min unconscious
<4 = 1 min unconscious
<3.5 = extreme dizziness and puking
<3 = extreme dizziness and puking
<2.5 = dizziness and puking
<2 = dizziness and puking
<1.5 = dizziness and puking
<1.25 = dizziness and gagging
<1 = dizziness
<0.5 = totally fine
Yellow Level
40+ = death
<40 = 2.5 days unconscious
<38 = 32 hours unconscious
<36 = 16 hours unconscious
<34 = 8 hours unconscious
<32 = 4 hours unconscious
<30= 120 min unconscious
<28 = 60 min unconscious
<24 = 30 min unconscious
<20 = 15 min unconscious
<16 = 10 min unconscious
<12 = 5 min unconscious
<11 = 4 min unconscious
<10 = 3 min unconscious
<9 = 2 min unconscious
<8 = 1 min unconscious
<7 = extreme dizziness and puking
<6 = extreme dizziness and puking
<5 = dizziness and puking
<4 = dizziness and puking
<3 = dizziness and puking
<2.5 = dizziness and gagging
<2 = dizziness
<1 = totally fine
Blue Level
80+ = death
<80 = 2.5 days unconscious
<76 = 32 hours unconscious
<72 = 16 hours unconscious
<68 = 8 hours unconscious
<64 = 4 hours unconscious
<60= 120 min unconscious
<56 = 60 min unconscious
<48 = 30 min unconscious
<40 = 15 min unconscious
<32 = 10 min unconscious
<24 = 5 min unconscious
<22 = 4 min unconscious
<20 = 3 min unconscious
<18 = 2 min unconscious
<16 = 1 min unconscious
<14 = extreme dizziness and puking
<12 = extreme dizziness and puking
<10 = dizziness and puking
<8 = dizziness and puking
<6 = dizziness and puking
<5 = dizziness and gagging
<4 = dizziness
<2 = totally fine
<1 = heals minor wounds
White Level
>300 = short blackout, extreme prolonged dizziness, and puking
<280 = extreme dizziness and puking
<240 = extreme dizziness and puking
<200 = dizziness and puking
<160 = dizziness and puking
<120 = dizziness and gagging
<100 = dizziness
<80 = totally fine
<40 = totally fine
<20 = heals minor wounds
<10 = heals major wounds
White Level after BBB
>6000 = short blackout, extreme prolonged dizziness, and puking
<5600 = extreme dizziness and puking
<4800 = extreme dizziness and puking
<4000 = dizziness and puking
<3200 = dizziness and puking
<2400 = dizziness and gagging
<2000 = dizziness
<1600 = totally fine
<800 = totally fine
<400 = heals minor wounds
<200 = heals major wounds

Unlockable Skills:
Black
Shadow Walking ~ Movement from shadow to shadow, distance traveled in the real-world affect those traveled in the shadow-world, the shadow has to be big enough for you to fit through

Red
Better Shadow Walking :p (increased travel distance) and It also grants night-vision.

Yellow
Shadow Guide ~ Can now bring people and objects through with them, objects and them have to be able to fit through the shadow and have to be somehow connected to them (telekinesis works) and they have to travel with large objects (anything larger than a cubed yard) through the Shadow with the object, objects that are nonliving can remain in the shadow world indefinitely and their location is maintained through a strange form of psuedo-telekinesis, living objects are affected as laid out in the guide above; Angels cannot be Shadow-Walked

Blue
Shadow Sight ~ Can see every shadow in the surrounding area (160 feet for Blue Demons, 320 feet for White Demons, 640 after BBB) as well as what is inhabiting said shadow, Pouton usually sees the world in this manner, but doesn't talk about it much.
Shadow Beings - After spending large periods of time in the realm, Conor has detected that there are, in fact beings in this realm. While extremely susceptible to light (flashlights are a viable weapon), they are hardly intangible and touching one causes people to feel sad and helpless. Only small (wolf sized and smaller) beings can be brought back. If someone dies in the shadow realm, they can now be controlled by Conor. (larger, dragon/large-bear sized after BBB)
Shadow Dimension - Can use Shadow Walking between the dimensions.

White
Shade Candles; or Shade Reversi ~ Can reverse the affects of candles, flashlights, torches, etc. in the surrounding area (160 feet for Blue Demons, 320 feet for White Demons, 640 for white demons after BBB) meaning that a candle, for instance, will absorb all of the light as it burns, casting gloom and darkness about instead
Extreme Shadow Walking - distances are further, ridiculously, magnified.
Bigger, Badder, Better (BBB) - Shadow walking distances increase to maximum, can bring larger things further while shadow walking, larger creatures can be summoned and controlled, and all any effect of distance and area are icosimated, increasing AOE.

End Game
Shadow Walking: EX - Anything can be moved anywhere, with no negative side effects to himself or any companions.
Eclipse ~ I've said too much already! :p

Earth Bending: He just made a pedestal of earth before, he can probably hover rocks about a cubic foot or smaller.

Demon Weaknesses: He is prone to flights of fancy and superstition. He has trouble focusing on tasks directly. He forgets his status and position constantly. (He isn't stupid, by the way, he's just eccentric.)

Demon Short Bio: Lord Pouton was born to a dictator of a Lord in the Middle-Ages during the height of the Black Death. His father believed that the disease was a curse sent from the heavens because the peasants weren't working hard enough, and as a result forced the peasants to often work into the night. He eventually died of the Black Death (oh, sweet Irony, I love you so). When Pouton was put on the throne he immediately decreed that the peasants work was to continue as before, but then through a party in his father's death and ordered the peasants to stop working on this, the greatest of Festival Days! He eventually started throwing parties and hosting parades daily in celebration of things like that time a butterfly came inside his room or the time he missed the target completely during archery practice and shot a mockingbird behind it. The peasants weren't allowed to work on days of celebration and eventually the Fiefdom was invaded. Of course, Lord Pouton wasn't there that day, he was traveling with a group of minstrels and eventually died himself of the Bubonic Plague. He had entirely forgotten about his subjects in the kingdom, or that he was royalty at all. Although he still dressed like it.

"Song": Cemetery Polka by Tom Waits ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FKpX2MgDsU
Last edited by Achidyemay on Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Dear Sir: Regarding your article 'What's Wrong with the World?' I am.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

Isle of Lithonia
Negotiator

Postby Isle of Lithonia » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:18 pm

Achidyemay wrote:App:
Character name: Conor Hawkins
Appearance:(Image)

Personality: He has a real couldn't-care-less attitude. He isn't necessarily lazy, having worked hard his whole life until recently. But now, he believes that most efforts are useless and any action will simply promote or post-pone the inevitable (whatever that is), so just enjoy the day. As a result, he won't go out of his way to help others and thinks the best way to help someone is to stay out of their way. He really enjoys watching from the shadows and stepping in only when he is certain he has the upper-hand, even when helping an ally. There is just nothing that compares with that feeling of control over another, and that seems to be the last thing he'll fight for. Because the end is inevitable.

Strengths/Abilities: Because of his up-bringing and position, he has a fair amount of influence around town, especially among beggars and street urchins.
Weaknesses: Occasionally old habits come to haunt him, he'll find himself praying or doing something selfless. He also has a problem with talking, He is the guy who stands there and gloats and monologues when he is certain of victory (sometimes revealing secrets) and leaving time for the other guy to escape or get the upper-hand.

Short Bio: Conor was brought up simply in the middle-class part of a large city. He had always been rather Pious, even in the New-Age. When he was seven, he was baptized in an underground church and was taken under the guidance of his Godmother, an elderly lady who remembered the "old-times". Over the years he managed to keep this all a secret from his cookie-cutter, middle-aged, middle-class parents. He kept up a solid C grade and his mother was happy, he would try out for football and his father would be happy. But in the evenings he was leading prayer circles and volunteering in food pantries and soup kitchens. He gave away more food in breadlines than he could ever eat. His Godmother became a huge parental figure and he began to love her more than his parents. His Godmother past away when he was seventeen from some obscure form of cancer, a month after the Prophets started getting their visions.
Conor was walking home from the underground church, he had spent the day with the Priest organizing and cleaning the church, and it was late at night. He thought about what the Prophets had said and remembered how his Godmother had died in that hacking fit. He took a short cut between two buildings, and was mugged. As he lied there on the cold stone, bleeding from the head, cut lip, and surely a broken rib he thought to himself: This is not my God, my God died long ago.
That night he had his first dream...

Demon Familiar Name: Lord Plouton
Demon Age at Death: 56
Demon Appearance : (something like this guy)
(Image)

Demon Personality: He is very kind to people he meets, except when he isn't. He is very smart, except when he isn't. He is very brave, except when he isn't. He is very honest, except when he isn't. He is very respectful, except when he isn't. And he is very focused, except when he isn't. And he almost always "isn't".

Demon Special Ability: He can teleport from shadow to shadow, but only over extremely small distances
Demon Weaknesses: He is prone to flights of fancy and superstition. He has trouble focusing on tasks directly. He forgets his status and position constantly. (He isn't stupid, by the way, he's just eccentric.)

Demon Short Bio: Lord Plouton was born to a dictator of a Lord in the Middle-Ages during the height of the Black Death. His father believed that the disease was a curse sent from the heavens because the peasants weren't working hard enough, and as a result forced the peasants to often work into the night. He eventually died of the Black Death (oh, sweet Irony, I love you so). When Plouton was put on the throne he immediately decreed that the peasants work was to continue as before, but then through a party in his father's death and ordered the peasants to stop working on this, the greatest of Festival Days! He eventually started throwing parties and hosting parades daily in celebration of things like that time a butterfly came inside his room or the time he missed the target completely during archery practice and shot a mockingbird behind it. The peasants weren't allowed to work on days of celebration and eventually the Fiefdom was invaded. Of course, Lord Pouton wasn't there that day, he was traveling with a group of minstrels and eventually died himself of the Bubonic Plague. He had entirely forgotten about his subjects in the kingdom, or that he was royalty at all. Although he still dressed like it. (sorry it's not short, but I have Conor's tendency to over explain)

Accepted.

And now, sign-ups are closed (unless I am absolutely amazed by an app).

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:43 pm

Isle of Lithonia wrote:And now, sign-ups are closed (unless I am absolutely amazed by an app).

Since I stated previously that I was going to make another app, can I still do so?
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Isle of Lithonia
Negotiator

Postby Isle of Lithonia » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:01 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:
Isle of Lithonia wrote:And now, sign-ups are closed (unless I am absolutely amazed by an app).

Since I stated previously that I was going to make another app, can I still do so?

Yesireedoodah.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:26 pm

App:
Character name: Dana Totolou
Appearance: Image
Personality: Curious and observant, Dana takes in everything and strives to learn from it. She has always loved reading, and her favourite place is the public library. However, that's not to say that she doesn't have a frivolous side: she is an avid fan of shotacon, and as a result often reacts to Bader as though he is, in fact, a shota.
Strengths/Abilities: Extremely observant, able to retain information for long periods even if she only encountered it once.
Weaknesses: Somewhat uncoordinated, hesitant when trying something new, fears pain.
Short Bio: Dana grew up in Seattle, but her grandparents were all Greek, so her family goes to Greece every year to visit family, and she speaks fairly good Greek herself (though her English is better). She has also travelled extensively in Lebanon and Jordan, so she speaks some Arabic. Other than that, she's an only child, and a straight-A student, though she often slacks off on her work. She gets paid to shelve books at her school's library, but every once in a while gets buried in a book instead of doing her job.

Theme: Chrysalis by Nostalghia

Dana's Journals: Entry 1

Demon Familiar Name: Bader Al Saif
Demon Age at Death: 10
Demon Appearance: Like this but with tan skin.
Demon Personality: He tries to hide his emotions and acts tough and capable, but when he's scared, those who know him can tell. Despite Dana declaring that he's "so cute," he insists that he's not. At heart, though, Bader is a little boy who misses his family and has seen way too many horrors and used a gun way too many times for someone his age, and once he's been around someone enough, it becomes obvious that he's mentally scarred. He likes to punctuate his speech with Arabic expressions.
Demon Special Ability: Living Weapon: The ability to change parts of one's body into weapons. So far, the only weapons in his arsenal are a rifle and a sword, and only his arms can be changed. Red Demon upgrade.
Demon Weaknesses: Low pain threshold compared to most demons (though higher than the average 10-year-old), gets skittish and clumsy under pressure and when scared, scared of aeroplanes and loud noises (especially bangs).
Demon Short Bio: Born and raised in Syria, the civil war killed his family, prompting the boy to take up arms against the regime. Needless to say, he died, but not after seeing (and taking part in) numerous atrocities.

Theme: Homeostasis by Nostalghia
Last edited by Nature-Spirits on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Achidyemay
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:30 pm

I find sleep is necessary to a functioning brain, I'll be back in a few hours. I'm not certain if this message is necessary, but I'd hate to break rule #5 :bow:
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:32 pm

Achidyemay wrote:I find sleep is necessary to a functioning brain, I'll be back in a few hours. I'm not certain if this message is necessary, but I'd hate to break rule #5 :bow:

Everyone sleeps it's all good. In rule #5 'leaving the rp' means quitting or resigning.
Grand Britannia wrote:

Achidyemay
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:33 am

Imperial--japan wrote:
Achidyemay wrote:I find sleep is necessary to a functioning brain, I'll be back in a few hours. I'm not certain if this message is necessary, but I'd hate to break rule #5 :bow:

Everyone sleeps it's all good. In rule #5 'leaving the rp' means quitting or resigning.

Oh Ok sorry then, mild misunderstanding on my part. I'm back on btw
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:36 am

Achidyemay wrote:
Imperial--japan wrote:Everyone sleeps it's all good. In rule #5 'leaving the rp' means quitting or resigning.

Oh Ok sorry then, mild misunderstanding on my part. I'm back on btw

If going offline to sleep was a violation, then I would be pretty screwed, seeing as I go to sleep when almost everyone else is on...
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Isle of Lithonia
Negotiator

Postby Isle of Lithonia » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:57 am

Nature-Spirits wrote:App:
Character name: Dana Totolou
Appearance: Image
Personality: Curious and observant, Dana takes in everything and strives to learn from it. She has always loved reading, and her favourite place is the public library. However, that's not to say that she doesn't have a frivolous side: she is an avid fan of shotacon, and as a result often reacts to Bader as though he is, in fact, a shota.
Strengths/Abilities: Extremely observant, able to retain information for long periods even if she only encountered it once.
Weaknesses: Somewhat uncoordinated, hesitant when trying something new, fears pain.
Short Bio: Dana grew up in Seattle, but her grandparents were all Greek, so her family goes to Greece every year to visit family, and she speaks fairly good Greek herself (though her English is better). She has also travelled extensively in Lebanon and Jordan, so she speaks some Arabic. Other than that, she's an only child, and a straight-A student, though she often slacks off on her work. She gets paid to shelve books at her school's library, but every once in a while gets buried in a book instead of doing her job.

Demon Familiar Name: Bader Al Saif
Demon Age at Death: 10
Demon Appearance: Like this but with tan skin.
Demon Personality: He tries to hide his emotions and acts tough and capable, but when he's scared, those who know him can tell. Despite Dana declaring that he's "so cute," he insists that he's not. At heart, though, Bader is a little boy who misses his family and has seen way too many horrors and used a gun way too many times for someone his age, and once he's been around someone enough, it becomes obvious that he's mentally scarred. He likes to punctuate his speech with Arabic expressions.
Demon Special Ability: Living Weapon: The ability to change parts of one's body into weapons. So far, the only weapons in his arsenal are a rifle and a sword, and only his arms can be changed.
Demon Weaknesses: Low pain threshold compared to most demons (though higher than the average 10-year-old), gets skittish and clumsy under pressure and when scared, scared of aeroplanes and loud noises (especially bangs).
Demon Short Bio: Born and raised in Syria, the civil war killed his family, prompting the boy to take up arms against the regime. Needless to say, he died, but not after seeing (and taking part in) numerous atrocities.

Accepted.

I'll post later tonight.
Charmera wrote:
Achidyemay wrote:Oh Ok sorry then, mild misunderstanding on my part. I'm back on btw

If going offline to sleep was a violation, then I would be pretty screwed, seeing as I go to sleep when almost everyone else is on...

And I work overtime. So I'd definitely be screwed.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:34 pm

I can still do my app too, right?
I wanna have Maiso with a demon who was a former ninja. I was doing research into a few famous faces and forgot why, then I remembered. This.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Achidyemay
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:36 pm

I have a question about the Host-Familiar relationships. Can the host and Familiar share memories at will, or is it a freak occurrence like in a dream or something, or do they literally share memories where the Host can remember things from the familiars past like they where his own memories and vice versa, or some other crazy thing?
And do the demon's special ability or power apply to the host as well or only the demon or some other crazy thing?
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

The Floating Island of the Sleeping God
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Floating Island of the Sleeping God » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:45 pm

I should have saved my second question to just repeat the first. Why the fuck are these crazy people the chosen heroes of humanity? I say let it die, if this is the best we can do.
"When Fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and bearing the cross."
-Sinclair Lewis, It Can't Happen Here
The Blaatschapen wrote:Just to note, liberals are not sheep. Sheep are liberals ;)

Catholic Priest of Lithianity

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:17 pm

The Floating Island of the Sleeping God wrote:I should have saved my second question to just repeat the first. Why the fuck are these crazy people the chosen heroes of humanity? I say let it die, if this is the best we can do.

Dude, are you just really new to RPing on P2TM or something? 'Cause most RPs on this forum (in my experience) get at least a few really quirky and somewhat to very insane characters.

BlackDeath27
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby BlackDeath27 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:18 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:
The Floating Island of the Sleeping God wrote:I should have saved my second question to just repeat the first. Why the fuck are these crazy people the chosen heroes of humanity? I say let it die, if this is the best we can do.

Dude, are you just really new to RPing on P2TM or something? 'Cause most RPs on this forum (in my experience) get at least a few really quirky and somewhat to very insane characters.

Yep

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:19 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:

I even made a character who was literally the embodiment of insanity once.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

The Floating Island of the Sleeping God
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Floating Island of the Sleeping God » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:27 pm

I'm not complaining, just... Observing.
"When Fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and bearing the cross."
-Sinclair Lewis, It Can't Happen Here
The Blaatschapen wrote:Just to note, liberals are not sheep. Sheep are liberals ;)

Catholic Priest of Lithianity

Isle of Lithonia
Negotiator

Postby Isle of Lithonia » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:19 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:I can still do my app too, right?
I wanna have Maiso with a demon who was a former ninja. I was doing research into a few famous faces and forgot why, then I remembered. This.

Sure.

Isle of Lithonia
Negotiator

Postby Isle of Lithonia » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:27 pm

The Floating Island of the Sleeping God wrote:I'm not complaining, just... Observing.

Many of the best stories I've read had insanely unlikely heroes. I mean, who the fuck would have thought that two hobbit would survive an adventure laced with orcs, goblins, a demon, giant spiders, Urak-Hai, an evil wizard, a crazed hobbit-like creature who has dual personalities, and an almighty spirit of a ruler who lived for thousands of years, and amazingly destroy a ring, which was the embodiment of that ruler, through entering a volcano in the very midst of that ruler's base? It sounds impossible, and yet that story (LOTR) is one of the most beloved fantasy novels of all time.
Last edited by Isle of Lithonia on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nekronia
Senator

Founded: Dec 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nekronia » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:18 pm

Isle of Lithonia wrote:
The Floating Island of the Sleeping God wrote:I'm not complaining, just... Observing.

Many of the best stories I've read had insanely unlikely heroes. I mean, who the fuck would have thought that two hobbit would survive an adventure laced with orcs, goblins, a demon, giant spiders, Urak-Hai, an evil wizard, a crazed hobbit-like creature who has dual personalities, and an almighty spirit of a ruler who lived for thousands of years, and amazingly destroy a ring, which was the embodiment of that ruler, through entering a volcano in the very midst of that ruler's base? It sounds impossible, and yet that story (LOTR) is one of the most beloved fantasy novels of all time.

Yup. Although, hobbits are good at not being noticed, a great attribute for such a journey, which is not ringing in many viewer's heads, but it is for Gandalf, the dude who orchestrated The Hobbit & LOTR.

However, there could very well be a background reason ontop of the amusement of Balaam. Many of the characters have talents and traits that add onto eachother, such as there being a hardened soldier, a ghost doctor, the mopey thief, the eternal optimist, and so on. A motley crew. This could turn out very well or absolutely horribly.

Let's hope God's on our side then. OH WAIT! :lol2:
The Templar High Council wrote:The number of times Nek makes sense is grossly outnumbered by the times he doesn't.
IC Info: TL;DR verson of Nekronia: Authoritarian government with elements of the USSR and national socialism. Everyone works for the government, and buys from the government, obsoleting taxes as the money does not leave the country, save for government buying of items of foreign nations. Military is advanced but unconventional, focusing on infantry and psychological warfare. Primary method of national income is export of armaments and other war-related items.

OOC Info: I am a male and an atheist.
Lithianity's Knight of Hilarity and Jackie-***ery

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:51 pm

App:
Character name: Maiso Kageshi
Appearance:
Personality: Lazy, unmotivated, and apathetic. Maiso doesn't care unless whatever is happening directly affects him.
Strengths/Abilities:
  • Intelligent. Knows too much for his own good. Can occasionally be arrogant.
  • Athletic. As in, he can go through enough physical exertion as he has to.
  • Trained in Tae Kwon Do, Karate, and Kendo. Not amazing, and it's mostly because his parents wanted him to.
  • Technologically savvy. So, he can work computers really well.
Weaknesses (at least two, and they need to be real weaknesses):
  • Uh, lazy? Technically is a weakness, since it inhibits everything he does most of the time.
  • Not good with social, face-to-face interactions. Likes computers for a reason.
Short Bio: Maiso was, unsurprisingly, unsurprising. He lived an entirely normal childhood, played computer games, and generally did whatever it was that teenagers did. The only abnormalities were that he didn't do much outside of his martial arts and games. People he knew called him a shut-in, but he never cared. Recently, one of his friends in a chat room dared him to perform a strange ritual, and his demon appeared after it was complete. (Yada yada yada, I haven't read the IC yet. You know what happens next.)

Demon Familiar Name: Fuma Kotaro
Demon Age at Death: Unknown. Appears to be in mid-late twenties.
Demon Appearance: Fuma
Demon Personality: Demanding, traditional, and arrogant. Fuma values honor, and continuously attempts to get Maiso to actually do something.
Demon Special Ability: Grants Maiso further enhanced martial art abilities, athletic abilities, and summons an actual sword for Maiso to use with Kendo techniques.
Demon Weaknesses: Arrogant, untrusting of strangers, and too self-reliant.
Demon Short Bio (If you can't think of anything right now, you can fill it in as the story progresses):
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse