NATION

PASSWORD

Chicago Noir - Detective RP - OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Chicago Noir - Detective RP - OOC

Postby Harkback Union » Wed May 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Welcome to Chicago Noir
The TV-show like roleplay set in the 1930's Chicago (for now).

Current episode: The Broken Typewriter
IC Thread
Director's thread
(note: only visit the director's thread if you are - or if want to be a member of the cast)
Investigator wanted!
Theme song wanted!

Next episode: The Day The Music DIED

Let me explain what's going on.
In every episode, one player takes the lead role as a private/police investigator, one player is the director and everyone else roleplays the "cast". The director and the cast write a skeleton-plot for the episode together in a hidden thread (The detective should not read it unless he wants to ruin the experience for himself). It is the director's job to keep things together... and also provide extra Narration when needed. (for instance, when the detective does something the cast did not expect so there is need to quickly improvise.)

The detective has some roleplaying limitations when they are in important areas. The director always inform the detective when he enters such locations. There, the detective (uhh... sorry for using this word so much...) may not "create" the environment around him (for instance, he can't say there is a book on the Table containing some very important clue). Instead, the director or the cast characters describe whats around to... "Interact" with.

There may be some RPG elements involved (like stats for the investigator (cunning, Strenght, Aim, and whatnot), but only if the players find it useful).

Now, While I hope this will become a series, The investigator and the cast wouldn't need to be the same. Perhaps we may even change the location and the setting... Also, an episode may have a bad ending... like the detective drinks too much and gets hit by a bus.

Detective App:

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Short Biography:[/b]
[b]Skills (like good at climbing buildings):[/b]
[b]Weaknesses (like woman):[/b]
[b]How active can you be?:[/b]

Notes:
-Short Biography: 3 lines are far enough. May need to be modified by the director so it fits into the episode.
-Skills - like good at climbing buildings or driving
-Weaknessees - like woman - At least 1

App for Director:
(For future Episodes)

[b]Name of your episode:[/b]
[b]Location/Setting for the episode:[/b]
[b]Will you allow the cast to take part in creating the plot?:[/b]
[b]How active can you be?:[/b]

Notes
-Location/Setting - Where and when will the episode take place.

App for Cast:

[b]Name of the episode you want to take part in:[/b]

Members of the cast will post the rest of their apps in the Director's thread (the one the detective should NOT read). (they will recieve a telegram that tells them where the secret thread is)

I think Every episode will last about 2-4 weeks (depending on activity and (roleplaying) skill (which I lack) of players).

If you happen to lose interest in the roleplay (Don't you dare!) or has some Real world business to take care of... Than let everyone know in time so we can find a replacement.

Sory foor por gramar. I promise I'll fix it once I get on my computer with spellcheck.

Future episodes!

Director: Valrifell
Name of your episode: The Day The Music DIED (DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNNN)*
Location/Setting for the episode: New Orleans, 1960's
Will you allow the cast to take part in creating the plot?: Yup, well, skeleton plot will be created for a reason for the episode taking place, but from there, I'm fine with letting the people take the story to where ever they want. With me to guide them in some places, of course.
How active can you be?: Very much so good sir.

Detective: Tahitoa?

Director: Gibberan
Name of your episode: The Bell Rings at Twelve
Location/Setting for the episode: Chicago, 1931
Will you allow the cast to take part in creating the plot?: There will be a basic plot, outlined in the director's thread, but the cast is free to make all the details.
How active can you be?: One-Two IC posts a day

Detective: -open-

Director: Alyekra
Name of your episode: The Belmont Affair Affair.
Location/Setting for the episode: Chicago, 1934
Will you allow the cast to take part in creating the plot?: Not as much as others, probably. I have a specific plot in mind, but there's probably room to work within it.
How active can you be?: I'm online almost all the time.

Detective: -open-
Last edited by Harkback Union on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:11 am, edited 21 times in total.

Tahitoa
Envoy

Founded: Sep 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tahitoa » Wed May 28, 2014 2:50 pm

Sounds really awesome, I'm in all the way.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed May 28, 2014 2:53 pm

Tahitoa wrote:Sounds really awesome, I'm in all the way.

What role are you most interested in?
(cast, director or detective?)

Tahitoa
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Tahitoa » Wed May 28, 2014 2:56 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Tahitoa wrote:Sounds really awesome, I'm in all the way.

What role are you most interested in?
(cast, director or detective?)

I can play whatever, although the detective or director sound like the most fun to me.

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Wed May 28, 2014 2:57 pm

I'm willing to join.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed May 28, 2014 3:26 pm

Notes added into The OP:

I think Every episode will last about 2-4 weeks (depending on activity and (roleplaying) skill (which I lack) of players).

If you happen to lose interest in the roleplay (Don't you dare!) or has some Real world business to take care of... Than let everyone know in time so we can find a replacement.

Sory foor por gramar. I promise I'll fix it once I get on my computer with spellcheck.

Kritar
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kritar » Wed May 28, 2014 3:32 pm

Consider me interested for the part of detective or director
RP Population = 28'000'000
RP Military = 500'000 (Conditional Conscription)

Kritar
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kritar » Wed May 28, 2014 3:34 pm

As a matter of fact, I would like to reserve the spot of Director, if possible, for at least the first game.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed May 28, 2014 3:36 pm

Kritar wrote:As a matter of fact, I would like to reserve the spot of Director, if possible, for at least the first game.

Okay!... although I think It would be best if there was also a Co-Director...

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Wed May 28, 2014 3:37 pm

Sounds interesting...

I can do virtually any role you need.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

Tahitoa
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Tahitoa » Wed May 28, 2014 3:38 pm

I like the "stats" idea. Maybe we all can make investigators and have a certain amount of points to allocate between stats at the beginning. Every case we cycle investigator/cast/director and at the end the investigator can gain an extra point if they complete the case. The stats should only be for physical things (ie shooting a bad guy or fighting a thug,) actually figuring the case out should be up to the player. I think it would be cool if all the investigators worked for the same PI agency in Chicago. I also say we start while Prohibition is still in effect, and maybe we can do a big case with multiple investigators around the assassination of Anton Cermak.

But thats just what I think, its all up to you of course.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed May 28, 2014 3:46 pm

Tahitoa wrote:I like the "stats" idea. Maybe we all can make investigators and have a certain amount of points to allocate between stats at the beginning. Every case we cycle investigator/cast/director and at the end the investigator can gain an extra point if they complete the case. The stats should only be for physical things (ie shooting a bad guy or fighting a thug,) actually figuring the case out should be up to the player. I think it would be cool if all the investigators worked for the same PI agency in Chicago. I also say we start while Prohibition is still in effect, and maybe we can do a big case with multiple investigators around the assassination of Anton Cermak.

But thats just what I think, its all up to you of course.

I like those Ideas, except for I would prefer if the investigator could lose/gain points during the episode (like he could get tired/injured/scared... stuff that would influence his ability to find clues or fight enemies).
Perhaps 1931 would be a good year for the first episode since it mixes the depression era with the porhibition era.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed May 28, 2014 3:49 pm

Nua Corda wrote:Sounds interesting...

I can do virtually any role you need.

Great!
Since there will probably be people dropping out in the middle of episodes... we will need your help!
Of course, you are also welcome to create your own character at the beginning of episodes.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Wed May 28, 2014 3:52 pm

If you're going to run a point system on the investigators, allow me to revise my statement: I can play pretty much anything but an investigator.

I don't like point systems. Or dice. Or stats. Or rulebooks.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

Alyekra
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Wed May 28, 2014 3:54 pm

This sounds neat. I might join after watching a round or two.
Last edited by Alyekra on Wed May 28, 2014 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(FOR LEGAL REASONS, THAT'S A JOKE)

65 dkp

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed May 28, 2014 3:59 pm

Nua Corda wrote:If you're going to run a point system on the investigators, allow me to revise my statement: I can play pretty much anything but an investigator.

I don't like point systems. Or dice. Or stats. Or rulebooks.

Don't worry, There will be no dice or rulebook.
Also, the stat system will only be used (if it is ever used) to ensure realism... and you could ask the director to manage it... or the co-director.

Also, I've been searching for a theme song...
I have something like this in mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdDhinO58ss

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed May 28, 2014 3:59 pm

Alyekra wrote:This sounds neat. I might join after watching a round or two.

That may take some time...

Prospect Landings
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Prospect Landings » Wed May 28, 2014 5:23 pm

Very interesting, I'd be willing to be apart, if you'd have me.
Goin' back to Tangier, with some Jordans and a Spear

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Thu May 29, 2014 2:25 am

Hi Harback!
ಠ_ಠ Proud owner of the Mystery Genre RPer award 2014!!
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

RP Puppet
Envoy

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RP Puppet » Thu May 29, 2014 3:19 am

This sounds interesting, maybe I will join. Right now I have a lot going on my new job though, so not sure how active I can be since I have other Rp:s as well.

I would prefer to be part of the cast or detective, perhaps advisor to the director.
Former puppet, now main nation. Call me RPP.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu May 29, 2014 3:34 am

Jessjohnesik wrote:Hi Harback!

Hi there!
I was planning to Invite you.

Now to get the OOC thread Up.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu May 29, 2014 3:34 am

Prospect Landings wrote:Very interesting, I'd be willing to be apart, if you'd have me.

Of course!
The More, the merrier!

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu May 29, 2014 4:18 am

Harkback Union wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:Hi Harback!

Hi there!
I was planning to Invite you.

Now to get the OOC thread Up.

This is now the OOC thread.
I hope nobody minds...

Kritar
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kritar » Thu May 29, 2014 4:23 am

Name of your episode:The Things We Lost In The Fire
Location/Setting for the episode: Expensive Apartment
Will you allow the cast to take part in creating the plot?: To a certain extent, however most of it is already planned
How active can you be?: At least 1 hour a day (I have no life :D)

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu May 29, 2014 4:47 am

Kritar wrote:Name of your episode:The Things We Lost In The Fire
Location/Setting for the episode: Expensive Apartment
Will you allow the cast to take part in creating the plot?: To a certain extent, however most of it is already planned
How active can you be?: At least 1 hour a day (I have no life :D)

Excelent!
Perhaps you could create the director's thread right away!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse