NATION

PASSWORD

Dragons in a modern world, (MT, 2014, OOC, IC is up!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Sensorland
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Dragons in a modern world, (MT, 2014, OOC, IC is up!)

Postby Sensorland » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:58 pm

IC: Click here

In a universe close to our own, it was a modern world. Gangs ruled the streets, and there was chaos and order, a balance that was necessary for the days to pass.

But in another dimension, far from our own, it was doomsday. The dragons were yelling at one another, what were they supposed to do!!??! In an attempt to save the lives of millions of dragons, the elders combined all their magic strength and opened a portal to the aforementioned universe.

Thousands of dragons poured out into the world. And instead of acting rational, and seeing if the dragons meant harm or were sentient, humans did what humans always do. Fear the unknown.

And what they feared they destroyed. Armies all around the world were united to destroy the dragons.

Of course, there were always those that supported them, or at least didn’t want to kill them all first, but they were far outnumbered.

And then there were the gangs. They took this opportunity to seize total control over the street; they will have a large impact on the turnout of this.

----~----

Welcome! I thought making this RP would be cool, so here goes nothing!

Basically, if you’re a human, you can be a regular citizen, a member of the army, a Special Forces Operator, a gang member, or even start your own gang.

The starter gangs are rival gangs X and Tease. X is anti-dragons, Tease is pro-dragons (although some of them just want them as beasts of burden). X is lead by Malcolm, Tease is lead by Hart. Yes, you can sign up as them and decide their last names.

Dragons can speak and talk like people can, and fly, as well as additional powers you can choose below.

As a dragon, there are powers to choose from. You have 10 points to use to pick from:

1. Fire-Breathing: You can breathe fire. 1 pt.
2. Frost-Breathing: You can breathe frost. Not compatible with fire breathing. 1 pt.
3. Thick outer layer: Your tough skin is hard to pierce. 3 pts.
4. Delusion (lvl 1): You can distort people’s vision slightly. 4 pts.
5. Delusion (lvl 2): You can change and confuse people’s current senses. 5 pts.
6. Delusion (lvl 3): You can mess with people’s brains and change their memories temporarily. 6 pts.
7. Teacher: You can make people understand other points of views. 6 pts.
8. Guardian: You can protect other dragons from harm by using magic, but at the price of some of your own energy. 7 pts.
9. Delusion (lvl 4): You can warp and change people’s brains permanently. 9 pts.
10. Great Dragon: The sight of you scares all but the toughest of people away. You are giant and respected. 9 pts.
11. Elder Dragon: You survived the plight of your own dimension. You are old, and you can no longer breathe fire, but you are leader to the dragons, who will follow you and obey you. You can scare off people like great dragons, and read minds. 10 pts.
12. Shape Shifter: You can change your form, but have no other abilities. This can be useful in gaining the trust of humans, however. 10 pts.

List of current Gangs and their members:
1. X (Anti-Dragon, Rival with Tease): Malcolm (Leader, Not currently a player)
2. Tease (Pro-Dragon, Rival with X): Hart (Leader, Not currently a player)

Apps:
Please remove all parentheses from submitted apps.

Character application:

Name:
Race (Human or dragon):
Appearance:
Occupation (For humans):
Gang affiliation (If any):
Powers (For Dragons):
Stance on dragons (For humans):
Bio:

Gang application:
Pretty much, to start a gang, you need 2 people to join it besides you. Here’s the app:

Gang Name:
Lead by:
Stance on dragons: (Pro, anti, neutral, etc.)
Politics, strategies, goals, etc. (i.e. other important info):
Other players:

Rules:
1. If you’re going to kill another player, get their consent first. Otherwise, only kill NPCs.
2. You have the right to RP as NPCs in the army and in gangs (e.g. goons, nameless soldiers).
3. No one-liners.
4. Op’s word is law.
5. No godmodding
6. Don’t ignore the main storyline. You can branch off, but don’t go completely in a different direction.
7. Follow normal forum rules. (Stay PG-13)

Accepted Characters:
-

My apps:

Name: Hope Dream
Race: Human
Appearance: She’s old, but looks tough and physically fit nevertheless. She wears “Hipster” clothes with a believer touch.
Gang affiliation: None
Powers: N/A
Stance on dragons: Loves them, very big supporter. Is daring enough to approach all but the most menacing of Great Dragons.
Bio: Born and raised in a happy family, read about and loved dragons as a little girl. When she got older, she was a bit of a rebel. She has been arrested before, for ownership & distribution of Marijuana. She is free, and lives alone in a small house.

Name: Eridor
Race: Dragon
Appearance: A large, blue dragon. He looks very menacing, although he is rather friendly and has no intentions of hurting humans.
Gang affiliation: None
Powers: Delusion (lvl 1), teacher, fire-breathing.
Stance on dragons: N/A
Bio: Born to a poor family of dragons, he was abandoned at birth and forced to fend for himself. He ended up with a snarl permanently locked onto his face, but his eyes twinkle when he’s pleased.
Eventually he was taken in by a kind dragon who taught him that life wasn’t just about fighting for survival. He wants to negotiate with the humans.
Last edited by Sensorland on Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sensorland of the West Pacific
I mostly use NS stats
Just here to have a good time
Author of issue #1325
Social liberal, Georgist, atheist, vegan

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:17 pm

Race: Jasper Wilkson
Race: Human
Appearance: Jasper is a tall african american man with black hair and blue eyes. He wears a white polo shirt and blue jeans. He also has a pair of glassess.
Gang Affilation: None
Powers: None
Stance on Dragons: None yet
Bio: Jasper was born to a wealthy family. Growing up he was fasinated by classic Literature. He deccided he wanted to be a authorbecause of his love of books. When he was eighteen he wrote his first book called " The farmer and the Dragon" which quickly became a best seller. When the Dragon's first arrived Jasper did not know they appeared because he was in the Rocky Mountains writing a new book called " The Frost giant. Jasper arrived home a year later learning about the dragon's exsistance but thinking it was hoax. One day he saw a picture of a soldier with a dead dragon. After seeing a picture he believed in the dragons but doubted it would affect him. Now adays he is a recluse currently writing a novel called " The Blood Collecter.
Last edited by Shark isle on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phillippanoa
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Phillippanoa » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:10 am

Name: Ygrash
Race (Human or dragon): dragon
Appearance:

Occupation (For humans):
Gang affiliation (If any): none
Powers (For Dragons): Shapeshifter
Bio: He abandoned his family at a young age and lived alone on the top of a mountain. He rarely travels or shows himself in his true form

Sensorland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sensorland » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:49 pm

Both are accepted. I say we get three more and start the IC.
I mostly use NS stats
Author of issue #1325

Ao Oni
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ao Oni » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:08 pm

Name: Leda Hayes
Race (Human or dragon): Human
Appearance: Leda is an average height, dirty blonde hair girl with blue eyes. She's slightly large.
Occupation (For humans): Teacher
Gang affiliation (If any): None
Powers (For Dragons): None
Stance on dragons (For humans): Interested in the mythology
Bio: Leda had a fairly average life, but started an interest in the mythology of dragons at a very young age. She kept that interest, reading books, articles. When she became a teacher, she even hinted the interest onto her students. Due to her being very up to date on dragons, she learned about the actual appearance of dragons and doubted it, thinking it was a hoax. She still thinks it to this day...
"It's swell though they tell me I'm maladjusted!" ~Orin Scrivello DDS from Little Shop of Horrors
Steampunk RP!

Sensorland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sensorland » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:11 pm

Ao Oni wrote:Name: Leda Hayes
Appearance: Leda is an average height, dirty blonde hair girl with blue eyes. She's slightly large.
Occupation (For humans): Teacher
Gang affiliation (If any): None
Powers (For Dragons): None
Stance on dragons (For humans): Interested in the mythology
Bio: Leda had a fairly average life, but started an interest in the mythology of dragons at a very young age. She kept that interest, reading books, articles. When she became a teacher, she even hinted the interest onto her students. Due to her being very up to date on dragons, she learned about the actual appearance of dragons and doubted it, thinking it was a hoax. She still thinks it to this day...

Accepted.
I mostly use NS stats
Author of issue #1325

Narthakka
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Narthakka » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:25 pm

Name: Nerath Dantalus
Race: dragon
Age: 417 (barely an adult by sub-species Lehon standards)
Appearance: dark brown top and head, black tail with a spiky club on the end, lighter brown underside, ram horns, menacing snarled and grizzled appearance earned from many years of conflict, amber eyes with black slits for pupils. A wingspan of 72 meters and 17236.5 kilograms
Powers: Great Dragon and fire breathing
Bio: Is the only survivor of a large clutch of dragon eggs, after his mother, father, and many brethren were killed or stolen by a human army. Has not taken too kind to humans since. Vengeance is the only motivator of this force of nature. Rumour has it, Nerath has made the mines of Urnthankk beneath Mt Nessus his lair.
Last edited by Narthakka on Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Blackwing Coast
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Blackwing Coast » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:44 pm

Name: Zataniel
Race (Human or dragon): Dragon
Appearance: Sapphire blue scales, butterfly-like patterns on his wing membranes. 6ft 2" tall.
Occupation (For humans):
Gang affiliation (If any): X (he wants to find their allies and suppliers and destroy them from within)
Powers (For Dragons): Delusion IV (9), Night Sight (1).
Bio: Always was a bit of an outsider and has a reputation as a trickster and thief among his fellow dragons.
When the humans started shooting he decided to put his illusionist talents to good use.
Currently passes as human by constantly editing the memories of anyone who sees him.
His upper limit for doing so simultanuously are five people with a clear view at his true self.
Most of the time he wears a disguise - several layers of cloth, leather and body armor, along with a mask fashioned from a real dragon skull and a stolen gasmask. As far as the gang knows he is a dragon hunter and wears the mask to hide his burned face.

Sensorland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sensorland » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:32 pm

Narthakka wrote:Name: Nerath Dantalus
Race: dragon
Age: 417 (barely an adult by sub-species Lehon standards)
Appearance: dark brown top and head, black tail with a spiky club on the end, lighter brown underside, ram horns, menacing snarled and grizzled appearance earned from many years of conflict, amber eyes with black slits for pupils. A wingspan of 72 meters and 17236.5 kilograms
Powers: Great Dragon and fire breathing
Bio: Is the only survivor of a large clutch of dragon eggs, after his mother, father, and many brethren were killed or stolen by a human army. Has not taken too kind to humans since. Vengeance is the only motivator of this force of nature. Rumour has it, Nerath has made the mines of Urnthankk beneath Mt Nessus his lair.

Accepted.
I mostly use NS stats
Author of issue #1325

Sensorland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sensorland » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:33 pm

Blackwing Coast wrote:Name: Zataniel
Appearance: Sapphire blue scales, butterfly-like patterns on his wing membranes. 6ft 2" tall.
Occupation (For humans):
Gang affiliation (If any): X (he wants to find their allies and suppliers and destroy them from within)
Powers (For Dragons): Delusion IV (9), Night Sight (1).
Bio: Always was a bit of an outsider and has a reputation as a trickster and thief among his fellow dragons.
When the humans started shooting he decided to put his illusionist talents to good use.
Currently passes as human by constantly editing the memories of anyone who sees him.
His upper limit for doing so simultanuously are five people with a clear view at his true self.
Most of the time he wears a disguise - several layers of cloth, leather and body armor, along with a mask fashioned from a real dragon skull and a stolen gasmask. As far as the gang knows he is a dragon hunter and wears the mask to hide his burned face.

Please change night sight- dragons can see perfectly fine at night, and that wasn't a power listed.
I mostly use NS stats
Author of issue #1325

Blackwing Coast
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Blackwing Coast » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:34 pm

Then Fire Breath.
Last edited by Blackwing Coast on Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sensorland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sensorland » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:44 pm

Blackwing Coast wrote:Then Fire Breath.

In that case accepted. Hope somebody signs up as Malcolm or Hart soon.
I mostly use NS stats
Author of issue #1325

Sensorland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sensorland » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:27 pm

Bump.
I mostly use NS stats
Author of issue #1325

Sensorland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sensorland » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:41 pm

Bump
I mostly use NS stats
Author of issue #1325

Sensorland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sensorland » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:12 pm

Bumpitty
I mostly use NS stats
Author of issue #1325

Sensorland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sensorland » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:44 pm

bump
I mostly use NS stats
Author of issue #1325

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:41 pm

Oooh, cool. Is this still going?
Times are looking grim these days~

Sensorland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sensorland » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:01 pm

Terintania wrote:Oooh, cool. Is this still going?

Hasn't started. Feel free to apply. I want at least one gang leader to start.
I mostly use NS stats
Author of issue #1325

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Sensorland wrote:
Terintania wrote:Oooh, cool. Is this still going?

Hasn't started. Feel free to apply. I want at least one gang leader to start.

I was asking because it was quiet. Things can sometimes die before they start.

I can't supply the gang leader, though. I planned on making a dragon from the start.

Is there a character limit at all?

Sensorland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sensorland » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:13 pm

Terintania wrote:
Sensorland wrote:Hasn't started. Feel free to apply. I want at least one gang leader to start.

I was asking because it was quiet. Things can sometimes die before they start.

I can't supply the gang leader, though. I planned on making a dragon from the start.

Not really, but I would prefer that nobody had more than four.
I mostly use NS stats
Author of issue #1325

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:18 pm

Sensorland wrote:
Terintania wrote:I was asking because it was quiet. Things can sometimes die before they start.

Not really, but I would prefer that nobody had more than four.

Alright. Four works well for me.

Blackwing Coast
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Blackwing Coast » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:51 pm

I could supply the TEASE gang leader.

Name: "Mad Donna"
Appearance: http://bastetsama-cosplay.deviantart.co ... -179146814
Occupation (For humans): Gang Leader
Gang affiliation (If any): TEASE
Powers (For Dragons):
Stance on dragons (For humans): Finds them fascinating and sees them as another politically persecuted group.
Bio: Grew up as the adopted daughter of a contract killer - what happened to her biological parents is something she never speaks about -while sober- except that it has been "taken care of". From his connections she founded her own gang, starting as a spy network and expanding into smuggling, hacking, high-profile theft and of course assassination.
In their own eyes they are Revolutionaries for a Better World - quite a few others see them as terrorists. They traffic rationed goods, contraband, illigal immgrants, illegal emigrants, various narcotics, guns -sometimes even miliary hardware-, homemade explosives and -supposedly- non-lethal chemical weapons. On the other hand they genuinely try to build a self-sufficient community in their realm. So far it is sustained by taking a share of their trafficking and by raids.
They possess quite a few techicals and one or two stolen tanks.
Aesthetics wise they go for a cybergoth look - and the gasmasks are functional.

And another dragon:

Name: "Fuse"/Nectala
Appearance:
Human: http://quantumsuz.deviantart.com/art/Cy ... e-59790760
Dragon: Looks like an even mix of fire salamander and eastern dragon, black scales with yellow stripes.

Occupation (For humans):
Powers (For Dragons): Shapeshifting
Bio: Barely more than a hatchling and an adventorous soul. Despite liking her shapeshifting abilities, she has always envied other dragons for their fire breath and has developed pyromaniac tendencies as a result. She also likes to stick her nose into places she should not and to climb into hard to reach places. Besides that she is a sweetheart - and a sweet tooth.
When the dragons ended up in the human world she got separated from the main swarm and survived by dumbster diving till she accidential climbed into the TEASE HQ -fresh pizza was involved-. By now she has gone native and eventual joined them. While some may know or at least suspect that she is a dragon it is far from public knowledge even within the gang.
She took to explosives and electronics like a duck to water and her long-honed skills of climbing anywhere came in handy, too.

Sensorland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sensorland » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:16 pm

Blackwing Coast wrote:I could supply the TEASE gang leader.

Name: "Mad Donna"
Appearance: http://bastetsama-cosplay.deviantart.co ... -179146814
Occupation (For humans): Gang Leader
Powers (For Dragons):
Stance on dragons (For humans): Finds them fascinating and sees them as another politically persecuted group.
Bio: Grew up as the adopted daughter of a contract killer - what happened to her biological parents is something she never speaks about -while sober- except that it has been "taken care of". From his connections she founded her own gang, starting as a spy network and expanding into smuggling, hacking, high-profile theft and of course assassination.
In their own eyes they are Revolutionaries for a Better World - quite a few others see them as terrorists. They traffic rationed goods, contraband, illigal immgrants, illegal emigrants, various narcotics, guns -sometimes even miliary hardware-, homemade explosives and -supposedly- non-lethal chemical weapons. On the other hand they genuinely try to build a self-sufficient community in their realm. So far it is sustained by taking a share of their trafficking and by raids.
They possess quite a few techicals and one or two stolen tanks.
Aesthetics wise they go for a cybergoth look - and the gasmasks are functional.

And another dragon:

Name: "Fuse"/Nectala
Appearance:Human: http://quantumsuz.deviantart.com/art/Cy ... e-59790760
Dragon: Looks like an even mix of fire salamander and eastern dragon, black scales with yellow stripes.
Occupation (For humans):
Powers (For Dragons): Shapeshifting
Bio: Barely more than a hatchling and an adventorous soul. Despite liking her shapeshifting abilities, she has always envied other dragons for their fire breath and has developed pyromaniac tendencies as a result. She also likes to stick her nose into places she should not and to climb into hard to reach places. Besides that she is a sweetheart - and a sweet tooth.
When the dragons ended up in the human world she got separated from the main swarm and survived by dumbster diving till she accidential climbed into the TEASE HQ -fresh pizza was involved-. By now she has gone native and eventual joined them. While some may know or at least suspect that she is a dragon it is far from public knowledge even within the gang.
She took to explosives and electronics like a duck to water and her long-honed skills of climbing anywhere came in handy, too.

Your dragon is accepted- but the TEASE gang leader's name is Hart. Mad Donna could be a close assistant if you want.
Last edited by Sensorland on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I mostly use NS stats
Author of issue #1325

Blackwing Coast
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Blackwing Coast » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:23 pm

Then a close assistant.
Or her civil name is Amanda Hart. Your Choice.
Last edited by Blackwing Coast on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sensorland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sensorland » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:46 pm

Blackwing Coast wrote:Then a close assistant.
Or her civil name is Amanda Hart. Your Choice.

A close assistant is good. I think we can start with that. I'll get the IC up tomorrow.
I mostly use NS stats
Author of issue #1325

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse