NATION

PASSWORD

Martial Magic OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Serious question. Would you all rather:

A) Create more characters yourselves.
26%
B) Invite more people to MMA.
21%
C) A and B.
53%
D) Not have an evil school (if so, explain why).
No votes

Total votes : 19

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:33 am

Sasquatch filling wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:I LOVE FORCE PALM! Lucario was my guy in Diamond. I traded my friend my starter for Riolu, and he became the Pikachu to my Ash. Except I don't settle for unevolved.

It's also a little inspired by the brown rahkshi, but no one remembers the rahkshi
I'll get the app in soon.

Ah Bionicle. Good times, good times.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Nothrend
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nothrend » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:45 am

If anyone cared, added the image.

And yes, I'm an avid reader of martial arts novels and I can see the difference between your chi and the traditional qi so I separated them. It would be horrifying in a sense if all martial artists suddenly discovered that they are actually martial mages with the power of "the Force". I'm glad that you liked the idea. :p
MTG RP: The Academy (Co-OP) IC/OOC
The Beginning of a Paradox (Co-Op) IC/OOC
Way of the Gods IC/OOC
Martial Magic IC/OOC
MTG; Fakey Fakerness of Cards

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:47 am

I'm tagging this for interest. I'll post app when I finish flying.

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:50 am

Ah, I love it when stuff comes together.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:54 am

By the way, Alejandro's pyromancy will be a blend of Avatar's firebending and Dark Souls' Pyromancy.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:55 am

Do you have a Krav Maga fighter?

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Sasquatch filling
Envoy

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sasquatch filling » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:55 am

Stupid question:
Can we make our own martial styles?
Due to the magic I chose (the explosions) Can i make a new style based on others, more suited for juggling or propulsion?
FLOATRIGHT CREW

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:04 am

Sasquatch filling wrote:Stupid question:
Can we make our own martial styles?
Due to the magic I chose (the explosions) Can i make a new style based on others, more suited for juggling or propulsion?

No. If you want, you can make a combination of styles, but you have to explain what parts of what styles you are using.

And you can do Krav Maga. I'm not restricting martial arts. There can be as many MMA users as you want, if you want, for example. I'm just restricting already used combinations of martial arts and magic arts.
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sasquatch filling
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sasquatch filling » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:12 am

The Templar High Council wrote:No. If you want, you can make a combination of styles, but you have to explain what parts of what styles you are using.

Okay then, the app will take a little bit longer then :P
FLOATRIGHT CREW

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:20 am

Cool, I'm thinking about Krav Maga mixed with explosive magic.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:46 am

Name: Friederike "Freddy" Kroener
Appearance (pics are OK):
Thug Life
Home (country/state & city): Munich, Germany
Martial Art (Brief description of style): Krav Maga
Element of Magic: Explosive
Personality: If you could find a girl more tomboyish than Freddy, you probably found a man. Freddy is a redhead with an attitude. She won't hesitate to get in your face and tell you off. She speaks her mind and don't care what you think of her. If you talk about her or anything she likes, she would love nothing more than taking a bat to your face.
Short Bio: Born in the slums of Munich, Friederike had a hard life to begin with. After her mother died when she was 5, Freddy was place into the care of abusive father. Years of abuse and neglect caused a lot of pent up aggression until she finally snapped. Deciding she had enough abuse, she killed her drunken father, all when she was 10 years old. How she did it was still a mystery, but many believe it was her explosive magic that did it. The city discovered her father's abuse and wrote it off as self defense. Freddy was then placed into a youth hostel.

She didn't stay there for long. She quickly escaped and started living on the streets. Finding it extremely hard to get by, Freddy found herself dying of starvation in an ally. She was quickly found by an owner of a nearby gym who took her in. For years, she lived at the gym and trained in the art of Krav Maga until she was recently called to attend the school.
Last edited by Nachfolgia on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:56 am

Nachfolgia wrote:Name: Friederike "Freddy" Kroener
Thug Life
Personality: If you could find a girl more tomboyish than Freddy, you probably found a man. Freddy is a redhead with an attitude. She won't hesitate to get in your face and tell you off. She speaks her mind and don't care what you think of her. If you talk about her or anything she likes, she would love nothing more than taking a bat to your face.
Short Bio: Born in the slums of Munich, Friederike had a hard life to begin with. After her mother died when she was 5, Freddy was place into the care of abusive father. Years of abuse and neglect caused a lot of pent up aggression until she finally snapped. Deciding she had enough abuse, she killed her drunken father, all when she was 10 years old. How she did it was still a mystery, but many believe it was her explosive magic that did it. The city discovered her father's abuse and wrote it off as self defense. Freddy was then placed into a youth hostel.

She didn't stay there for long. She quickly escaped and started living on the streets. Finding it extremely hard to get by, Freddy found herself dying of starvation in an ally. She was quickly found by an owner of a nearby gym who took her in. For years, she lived at the gym and trained in the art of Krav Maga until she was recently called to attend the school.

Accepted, but can you describe Krav Maga a bit? I tried to look it up, but no luck.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:01 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:
Nachfolgia wrote:Name: Friederike "Freddy" Kroener
Thug Life

Accepted, but can you describe Krav Maga a bit? I tried to look it up, but no luck.

Krav Maga is a self defense technique that is a combination of many moves from different arts. It's know for it's highly effective and brutal moves. Follows the principles of threat neutralization, simultaneous defensive and offensive moves, and aggression. Basically a martial art that causes severe injury and death.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:04 pm

Nachfolgia wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Accepted, but can you describe Krav Maga a bit? I tried to look it up, but no luck.

Krav Maga is a self defense technique that is a combination of many moves from different arts. It's know for it's highly effective and brutal moves. Follows the principles of threat neutralization, simultaneous defensive and offensive moves, and aggression. Basically a martial art that causes severe injury and death.

Alright, but are there any specific moves? Like a lot of kicks, or a lot of holds, what users mostly use.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:08 pm

Well, it pulls techniques from boxing, savate, Muay Thai, Wing Chun, Judo, jiu-jitsu, wrestling, and grappling. So...the moves vary widely. It focuses on striking vital areas and joints.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:11 pm

Nachfolgia wrote:Well, it pulls techniques from boxing, savate, Muay Thai, Wing Chun, Judo, jiu-jitsu, wrestling, and grappling. So...the moves vary widely. It focuses on striking vital areas and joints.

That's good enough for me. Move to the IC whenever. And if everyone will wait till I get home, my phone's almost dead and I need to post.

Atria, will you change Anthony's last name to "Corbin" when you can? I'm going to bring over Tony from inFamous.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:13 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:
Nachfolgia wrote:Well, it pulls techniques from boxing, savate, Muay Thai, Wing Chun, Judo, jiu-jitsu, wrestling, and grappling. So...the moves vary widely. It focuses on striking vital areas and joints.

That's good enough for me. Move to the IC whenever. And if everyone will wait till I get home, my phone's almost dead and I need to post.

Atria, will you change Anthony's last name to "Corbin" when you can? I'm going to bring over Tony from inFamous.

I'll probably post Friday or Saturday. I'm traveling to a different country and I get no service.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Sasquatch filling
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sasquatch filling » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:02 pm

Name: Pangrus "Pan" Rahk
Appearance (pics are OK): Slightly shorter than normal, baby face, brown eyes, brown hair, lithe muscle, always wearing cargo pants (he sleeps in them, too), really wild hair, often wearing some sort of hat
Home (country/state & city):Gulf Breeze, Florida
Martial Art (Brief description of style): Capoiera- break dance fighting. Yeah its real. uses his chi to pick up speed, when spinning, or just for launching himself around
Element of Magic: Explosions
Personality: Like any 15 yr old, slightly immature, easily distracted, somewhat gifted at making puns
Short Bio: His parents were choreographers, so it was only natural that he would also become a dancer; the only problem was that he started causing his own pyrotechnics. His parents (who were hippies) decided that he needed to control his chi, so sent him into a local YMCA to learn meditation. While he was there, he discovered Capoiera (he was like 10 then) and is now well versed in its techniques. After his chi exceeded his meditation ability, he was shipped around to various dojos, to try and control his explosive chi, and that's how he ended up here.
(If i did anything wrong, i can fix it :3)
FLOATRIGHT CREW

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:07 pm

Sasquatch filling wrote:Name: Pangrus "Pan" Rahk
Appearance (pics are OK): Slightly shorter than normal, baby face, brown eyes, brown hair, lithe muscle, always wearing cargo pants (he sleeps in them, too), really wild hair, often wearing some sort of hat
Home (country/state & city):Gulf Breeze, Florida
Martial Art (Brief description of style): Capoiera- break dance fighting. Yeah its real. uses his chi to pick up speed, when spinning, or just for launching himself around
Element of Magic: Explosions
Personality: Like any 15 yr old, slightly immature, easily distracted, somewhat gifted at making puns
Short Bio: His parents were choreographers, so it was only natural that he would also become a dancer; the only problem was that he started causing his own pyrotechnics. His parents (who were hippies) decided that he needed to control his chi, so sent him into a local YMCA to learn meditation. While he was there, he discovered Capoiera (he was like 10 then) and is now well versed in its techniques. After his chi exceeded his meditation ability, he was shipped around to various dojos, to try and control his explosive chi, and that's how he ended up here.
(If i did anything wrong, i can fix it :3)

No no, everything's fine. Accepted, and I'm getting back to the IC in a few minutes.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:13 pm

Name: Anthony Corbin
Appearance (pics are OK): Military look, not too buff, jeans and a t-shirt
Home (country/state & city): Dallas, TX
Martial Art (Brief description of style): Marine Corps Martial Arts (MCMA) A combination of martial arts developed for the US Marines. The better aspects of all martial arts, it has a plethora of moves including punches, kicks, many holds, and techniques to get the user's firearm into position.
Element of Magic: Steel/metal control.
Personality: Tough-as-nails Marine, gets the job done.
Short Bio: Tony loved playing soldier as a kid, but other kids didn't like him for it. He always took it too seriously, but Tony knew that if he were to be a real soldier, he would have to be serious. After joining the Marines at the age of 18, Anthony earned a green belt in the Marines CQC fighting style. He also awakened his chi around this time, and Ray helped him harness it. After a tour in the Middle East, Tony came home and joined Ray at his school, eager to teach what he knew about conflict.
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vrijeme
Envoy

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vrijeme » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:41 pm

How many characters are we allowed? Just wondering.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:07 pm

Vrijeme wrote:How many characters are we allowed? Just wondering.

I don't really know yet. Probably 3. 2 students, and maybe a faculty member. I'll do all NPCs, unless otherwise stated, and I kinda want more instructors too. Minimum, I need one educational teacher, who doesn't need to know martial magic unless you want to, and one magic teacher, who needs to be more skilled with magic than martial arts. If anyone wants to fill those roles, I'd be grateful.

Volvek
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Volvek » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:20 pm

Currently working on my app, need a school nurse? c;
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
"Wewf Forever, Forever Wewf."
"Is it? Or is it so ridiculous it's the most ridiculously perfect idea you've never thought of?"
IC Nation Name: Land av Ulvenes, or just Ulvenes

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:47 pm

Volvek wrote:Currently working on my app, need a school nurse? c;

I suppose. But you do need to have a student too. I'll make mine in a bit.

Since I trust you a lot Vol, would you like to be the first co-op? I'll probably have 2, just in case.

Volvek
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Volvek » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:00 pm

Sheesh. So many people want me to be co-op. I must be awesome. Lulz jk. Sure, although Magic can be tough because there's a lot of lee-way.
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
"Wewf Forever, Forever Wewf."
"Is it? Or is it so ridiculous it's the most ridiculously perfect idea you've never thought of?"
IC Nation Name: Land av Ulvenes, or just Ulvenes

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse