NATION

PASSWORD

Antiquity Rises Rampant: Cradle of Civilization OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Antiquity Rises Rampant: Cradle of Civilization OOC

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:57 am

Antiquity Rises Rampant: Cradle of Civilization

Welcome my friends to the copper age! This is not a time of knights and sword and shields, bleh those unorganized rabbles disgust me. This is also not the time for grand armies numbering hundreds of thousands of men; this is the time of small armies numbering a few tphousand strong wielding long knives, spears, stone axes, wicker shields, and the rarer wooden shield. This is the time when the symbol of power is the formidable horse drawn chariot! This is the time when the entire world's population barely numbered 10 million! Colonization? Hah! This coward's way of conquering land is not feasible when your kingdom barely number tens of thousands. The only way to get more land is by killing and culling your enemy's population under your banner! Now step forward, dear leader and lead your people through the Cradle of Civilization!

Code: Select all
APP:
Name of Civilization: What is the name of your city state?
Location (City-state): (Beware, there are other city-states around you represented by the colour red. the darker the colour the more populous. Also, one tile per person.)
Specialty: This is the time whether you knew how to farm for your people or others will farm for your people. Also, just have one specialty.
History:
Culture:
Population: BE REALISTIC 30,000 or lower.
Military size: see above
Navy size: number of boats if any. (mostly uniremes)
Religion: No, you can't be secular; the river gods will smite you for that
429 (blabla help find app, you know the drill)

IC LINK: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=287562

Player list:
Colour / State / Player
Darkblue / Macedonia / Euloria
Darkgreen / Sparta / Russian Peoples of America
Green / Great Amerali / G-Tech
That shade of blue / Crete / Alleniana
Red / Thracia / Paketo
Scarlet / Korinthia / Luxew
Yellow / Nileus / Lunas Legion
Orange / Allabokh / Kelazi
Purple / Elderowa / Elderowa
Light Grey / The Chosen / Prusslandia
Gold / Cyprus / Sebtopiaris
Light Pink / Nineveh / Hay
Skyblue? / Rhodes / Inesea
Brown / Thebes / Small huts
Pistachio coloured / Pergamom / Trotskyivarian Neo Russia
Brownish grey / Saduitum / New Carloso

NPC otherwise known as counter weights also known as OP controlled nations:
Lighter Blue / Canaan
Darker Pink / Mycenae
True NPC aka will only be controlled when declared war upon:

Last edited by Emilio Aguinaldo on Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:07 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Grab your gun, point it at bad guy, pull trigger.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:02 am

Semi-Current World Map

APP:
Name of Civilization: Great Amerali
Location (City-state): Northern Lebanese Coast
Specialty: Artisanship
History: The Amerali are a seafaring metalworking people of the coasts, fishers and farmers with little interest in war, but much interest in strong walls and fortified houses. In ages past they roamed nomadic and warlike across the plains of the east, strong men riding mighty steeds, but now civilization has seduced them.
Culture: The Amerali are a highly religious people, worshipping the Powers both Above and Below. Fiercely individualistic and obsessed with wealth, their leaders are determined by weighted voting based on financial contributions to the community.
Population: 56,000 persons, within Mara and her surroundings; 16,700 fit to bear arms.
Military size: 120 Battlelords, plus some 200 career marines
Navy size: 20 Bitiers, the pride of Mara; 6 Merchantmen, 3 under construction.
Religion: The Amerali worship the Powers.

Tem'Aroth: 20% tariff reductions, defensive alliance, metallurgical sharing agreement, and import/export agreement for ivory and arsenical bronze ores

The City-State of Mara: Northern Lebanon: 142,406 inhabitants; 47,787 fit to bear arms.
-The Harbor of Ytres, the Heartwall, the Great Gates, the Nightwall, 24 Drydocks, Drained Paved Roads, Copper Foundry, Barans Foundry, 3 Bloomeries, Advanced Irrigation Ditches, Reinforced Sewers, Public Forum, 5 Public Baths, Fortified Road Outposts
-720 Battlelords, 1880 Marines, 94 Tiers, 54 Merchantmen
-Training 10 Merchantmen
-Building Hall of the Light

The Polis of Kilis: House Tyrian- Northwestern Syria: 19,468 inhabitants, 5,680 fit to bear arms
-3 Large Sawmills, Wooden Pallisade, Copper Mine, Rough Stone Roads, 2 Purge-Ore Mines, Horse Pasture
-20 Battlelords, 200 Bandsmen of House Tyrian, 20 Horselords
-Training 10 Battlelords
-Building Low Stone Wall

The Polis of Hatay: House Garasov-Far Northern Lebanon: 8,021 inhabitants; 2706 fit to bear arms
-8 Large Sawmills, Wood Craftshop, Paved Roads, Thick Stone Walls, 2 Deep Copper Mines, Purge-Ore Mine, Market Square, Trader's Square
-80 Battlelords, 100 House Garasov Bandsmen
-Building Fort

The Polis of Hamah: House Herdan- Western Syria: 19,737 inhabitants; 6,613 fit to bear arms
-The Stronghold of Storms, Thick Stone Wall, Public Forum, Traders Square, Palace of the East, Drained Paved Roads, Extensive Irrigation Ditches, 4 Copper Mines, 1 Deep Purge-Ore Mine, Crude Sewers
-180 Battlelords, 300 Horselords
-Training Nothing
-Building Open-Air Public Baths

The Polis of Tartus: House Tartan- Central West Lebanon: 15426 inhabitants; 6063 fit to bear arms
-Thick Stone Wall, Wooden Pallisade, Drained Paved Roads, Extensive Agricultural Irrigation Ditches, 8 Drydocks, Public Forum, 2 Copper Mines, Copper Foundry, Barans Foundry, Crude Sewers
-150 Battlelords, 300 Bandsmen of House Tartan, 20 Tiers, 400 Marines, 30 Merchantment
-Training 4 Tiers, 80 Marines
-Building Fortress

The Polis of Aleppo: House Biblos- Eastern Lebanon: 102802 inhabitants; 39639 fit to bear arms
-Thick Stone Walls, Short Stone Wall, Drained Paved Roads, Public Forum, 5 Large Sawmills, Extensive Agricultural Irrigation Ditches, Barans Foundry, Purge-Ore Mine, Copper Mine
-420 Battlelords, 350 Bandsmen of House Biblos, 240 Horselords
-Training 100 Bandsmen
-Building Iron Mine

The Polis of Icel: House Icel- Southern Asia Minor: 48788 inhabitants; 18437 fit to bear arms
-Thick Stone Walls, Paved Roads, 3 Drydocks, Market Square, Copper Mine, Copper Foundry, Barans Foundry, Storehouse
-100 Battlelords, 500 Bandsmen of House Icel, 9 Tiers, 180 Marines
-Training 3 Tiers, 60 Marines
-Building Drained Paved Roads

The Polis of Edli: House Larna- South-Eastern Asia Minor: 38422 inhabitants; 12812 fit to bear arms
-Low Stone Walls, Rough Stone Roads, Market Square, Copper Mine
-50 Battlelords, 400 Bandsmen of House Larna, 20 Horselords
-Training 10 Horselords
-Building Irrigation Ditches

The Polis of Ashkelon: House Arnod- Philistinia: 54,784 inhabitants; 27,597 fit to bear arms
-Stone Walls, Paved Roads, 3 Drydocks, Market Square, Military Barracks, Irrigation Ditches, Copper Mine
-120 Battlelords, 400 Marines, 20 Tiers
-Training 2 Tiers, 40 Marines, 1 Merchantman
-Building Copper Mine

The Polis of Gad: House Letov- Gaza: 20170 inhabitants; 7899 fit to bear arms
-Tall Wooden Wall, Rough Stone Roads, 4 Drydocks, Market Square, Copper Foundry, Copper Mine
-20 Battlelords, 140 Bandsmen of House Letov, 8 Tiers, 160 Marines
-Building Low Stone Wall
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:26 am, edited 19 times in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:07 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:APP:
History: The Amerali are a seafaring metalworking people of the coasts, fishers and farmers with little interest in war, but much interest in strong walls and fortified houses. In ages past they roamed nomadic and warlike across the plains of the east, strong men riding mighty steeds, but now civilization has seduced them.
Culture: The Amerali are a highly religious people, worshipping the Powers both Above and Below. Fiercely individualistic and obsessed with wealth, their leaders are determined by weighted voting based on financial contributions to the community.

Accepted...

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:08 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:

Accepted...

Forrrrr Phoenicia!

I enjoy this limited map size.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:11 am

APP:
Name of Civilization: Republic of Crete
Location (City-state): guess
Specialty (warfare or farming): Farming? Seems restrictive
History: Secluded bastards developed civilization natively ;no wars yet
Culture: One based around democracy, public life, trade.
Will improve app tomorrow.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:20 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Accepted...

Forrrrr Phoenicia!

Fuck you and your colonization, seriously. You can roflstomp everyone at the last rp.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:21 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Forrrrr Phoenicia!

Fuck you and your colonization, seriously. You can roflstomp everyone at the last rp.

Eh, I likely won't bother with colonization outside of Asia Minor and perhaps Egypt. No super strategic points to seize.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:24 am

Alleniana wrote:Accept me plezz
I'm on mobile, so I can't make a very good app

I never accept WIP apps.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:38 am

Edited the applications...
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Fuck you and your colonization, seriously. You can roflstomp everyone at the last rp.

Eh, I likely won't bother with colonization outside of Asia Minor and perhaps Egypt. No super strategic points to seize.

Colonization would be limited to setting up trade ports and have people of your city live there.
Last edited by Emilio Aguinaldo on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:47 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Edited the applications...

Colonization would be limited to setting up trade ports and have people of your city live there.

Fair enough. That's exactly what I would have done regardless.

Also, edited app.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:50 am

Population: 56,000 persons, within Mara and her surroundings
Navy size: 20 Bitiers, the pride of Mara

120 guy with spears and 200 sailors? Accepted.
Also, WHERE IS LEBANON? I know it's Canaan, but where is it supposed to be?
Last edited by Emilio Aguinaldo on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:52 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Population: 56,000 persons, within Mara and her surroundings
Navy size: 20 Bitiers, the pride of Mara

120 guy with spears and 200 sailors? Accepted.

120 professional soldiers in forged copper armor, funded by the state to train and patrol the streets of Mara, and 200 marines trained to fight in boarding actions. Yep.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:57 am

120 professional soldiers in forged copper armor, funded by the state to train and patrol the streets of Mara, and 200 marines trained to fight in boarding actions. Yep.

So do you till have levies of sorts?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:59 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:

So do you till have levies of sorts?

In time of war Mara would raise levies, potentially, but such a draft would be very unlikely. Only in times of total war and whatnot. I'm essentially using the Persian model, with a few elites and conscripts only raised if the elites can't handle it as needed.

The Grey Wolf
Post Czar

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Wolf » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:34 am

Coincidentally, just yesterday I was hoping this thread would be restarted. :lol:

Have an app up in a few minutes.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:15 am

Will be posting an app later. RL will be interfering for the next six hours or so, though.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

The Nation of Hay
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Hay » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:03 pm

Guys it's okay, I'm here now, you don't have to worry any longer.

EDIT: Hm, how much land do we get to claim? Also, reserve me a spot on the Gulf, s'il vous plait.
Last edited by The Nation of Hay on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sig rework in progress

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:39 pm

Name of Civilization: Thracia
Location (City-state): thrace, the part with Byzantium
Specialty: Trade since they control the way to the black sea
History: The Citizens of Thracia were once Nomands who finally decided to settle down in their current location. They were under the Rule of Helen I when they settled and she began to build a city along Bosphorus called Byzantium in honor of her father Byzan. The advantage of the cities location was immeditaly shown as traders started stopping there on their way to the Black Sea. The people of Thracia began to developing into a merchant city, growing rich off trade.
Culture: A reliegous people who will not take the insult of the gods and great traders. They are very attached to their independance
Population: around 22,000 in the city and another 5000 spread out through the country side
Military size: 100 Warriors of Helen and 140 Marines
Navy size: 12 Uniremes, gotta protect that Money i mean the wonderful traders coming in
Religion: Greek Gods with a few of thier own Deities
Last edited by Paketo on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:24 pm

Paketo wrote:Name of Civilization: Thracia
Location (City-state): thrace, the part with Byzantium
Specialty: Trade since they control the way to the black sea
History: The Citizens of Thracia were once Nomands who finally decided to settle down in their current location. They were under the Rule of Helen I when they settled and she began to build a city along Bosphorus called Byzantium in honor of her father Byzan. The advantage of the cities location was immeditaly shown as traders started stopping there on their way to the Black Sea. The people of Thracia began to developing into a merchant city, growing rich off trade.
Culture: A reliegous people who will not take the insult of the gods and great traders. They are very attached to their independance
Population: around 50,000
Military size: 100 Warriors of Helen and 140 Marines
Navy size: 12 Uniremes, gotta protect that Money i mean the wonderful traders coming in
Religion: Greek Gods with a few of thier own Deities

Accepted.

Also, map update within today, my internet keeps fucking up.

Luxew
Senator

Founded: Jun 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxew » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:37 pm

APP:
Name of Civilization: Korinthia
Location (City-state): Achaea in southern Greece. The Peloponessus is the correct name?
Specialty: Trade
History: After a series of nomadic failure, the people of Korinthians settled in the Peloponessus under man, presumed mythical, Prince Sericles around 2250 BC. Despite lack of fertile farmland, they have been able to stave off starvation through an expansive trade network. Despite the food-poor location, it provided a natural defense, warding off other tribes.
Culture: Korinthiasers (Basically Greeks). Extremely spiritually and shrewd.
Population: ~45,000
Military size: ~245 spearmen/melee units + ~130 archers + 30 cavalry
Navy size: number of boats if any. 10 uniremes, 2 trade ships.
Religion: Evetine; a pantheon of gods dedicated to many things. State religion. Known to be fierce.
I am extremely incompetent. Ask anyone.
That Awkward Moment When the Duke of Burgundy Dies
Liberal, and if I was old enough, would vote Democrat.
I do RP. Sometimes. Just TG me if you are interested (probably not, tho).
Lives in that other city in Pennsylvania
The worst klutz who has ever lived. Also likes to read and write. Fanatic over GoT, Veep, and House Hunters
Why the UK Election Results are the Worst in History
Steam: ald678 | Gmail: TG me for that.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:42 pm

APP:
Name of Civilization: Nileus
Location (City-state): Nile Delta
Specialty: Seafaring.
History: Nileus was originally founded by a Berber Tribe that strayed too far north from the deserts and eventually reached the sea. Startled by the sheer size of the sea, they concluded that the sea was a god of some sort, and immediately set out eastwards to find a second source of drinkable water as they soon discovered sea water wasn't drinkable. That was when they found the river, which they concluded must be the daughter of the sea god. They settled down near where the river met the sea, and their civilisation slowly grew into Nileus.
Culture: The Nileans are a mixed society; although not much interested in open conflict, content to farm the delta and protect their merchants, the temple, as it's influence waxes and wanes, alternately pushes for uniting the states of the upper Nile and peaceful expansion.
Population: 19,000
Military size: 100 sailors, 100 Marines, 90 Temple Warriors
Navy size: 15 Uniremes, 1 Brieme
Religion: Trideitic, with the Sea God Khoph, Goddess of the River Vyryh and the Desert Snake Calim.
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:04 pm

:?
Luxew wrote:APP:
Name of Civilization: Korinthia
Location (City-state): Achaea in southern Greece. The Peloponessus is the correct name?
Specialty: Trade
History: After a series of nomadic failure, the people of Korinthians settled in the Peloponessus under man, presumed mythical, Prince Sericles around 2250 BC. Despite lack of fertile farmland, they have been able to stave off starvation through an expansive trade network. Despite the food-poor location, it provided a natural defense, warding off other tribes.
Culture: Korinthiasers (Basically Greeks). Extremely spiritually and shrewd.
Population: ~45,000
Military size: ~245 spearmen/melee units + ~130 archers + 30 cavalry
Navy size: number of boats if any. 10 uniremes, 2 trade ships.
Religion: Evetine; a pantheon of gods dedicated to many things. State religion. Known to be fierce.

Lunas Legion wrote:APP:
Name of Civilization: Nileus
Location (City-state): Nile Delta
Specialty: Seafaring.
History: Nileus was originally founded by a Berber Tribe that strayed too far north from the deserts and eventually reached the sea. Startled by the sheer size of the sea, they concluded that the sea was a god of some sort, and immediately set out eastwards to find a second source of drinkable water as they soon discovered sea water wasn't drinkable. That was when they found the river, which they concluded must be the daughter of the sea god. They settled down near where the river met the sea, and their civilisation slowly grew into Nileus.
Culture: The Nileans are a mixed society; although not much interested in open conflict, content to farm the delta and protect their merchants, the temple, as it's influence waxes and wanes, alternately pushes for uniting the states of the upper Nile and peaceful expansion.
Population: 47,000
Military size: 100 sailors, 100 Marines, 90 Temple Warriors
Navy size: 15 Uniremes, 1 Brieme
Religion: Trideitic, with the Sea God Khoph, Goddess of the River Vyryh and the Desert Snake Calim.

Both accepted.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:22 pm

APP: OUI, JA, JO, DA, SI
Specialty: Tradin', me brahs! They're generally a peaceful, orderly kind of people
History: There were people on Crete a long time ago. They got their shit together and built cities, invented government, and stole ideas from across the sea as soon as they built ships. They traded, grew, burgeoned, and were prosperous. Yeah.
Culture: Gender equality, seamariners. Not very religious, but quite quaint. A sociable people, not xenophobic, though they aren't averse to war. Based around public life, getting rich, building stuff, being good people.
Population: 75,000?
Military size: Let us put it at a few hundred (about half of which are sailors, and other half are professional soldiers of descriptions) [rowers not included]
Navy size: 19 uniremes, 6 biremes, 1 trireme (awww yeaah)
Religion: Minoan paganism. Like mutated Greek paganism.

Not the greatest app, but it does.

Achaean? Someone to invade!
Last edited by Alleniana on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:23 pm

Alleniana wrote:APP: OUI, JA, JO, DA, SI
Specialty: Tradin', me brahs! They're generally a peaceful, orderly kind of people
History: There were people on Crete a long time ago. They got their shit together and built cities, invented government, and stole ideas from across the sea as soon as they built ships. They traded, grew, burgeoned, and were prosperous. Yeah.
Culture: Gender equality, seamariners. Not very religious, but quite quaint. A sociable people, not xenophobic, though they aren't averse to war. Based around public life, getting rich, building stuff, being good people.
Population: 75,000?
Military size: Let us put it at a few hundred (about half of which are sailors, and other half are professional soldiers of descriptions) [rowers not included]
Navy size: 19 uniremes, 6 biremes, 1 trireme (awww yeaah)
Religion: Minoan paganism. Like mutated Greek paganism.

Not the greatest app, but it does.

Achaean? Someone to invade!

Accepted. Also, your navy will be much larger than your army due to trireme.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse